Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Wind Wyrm Lore II
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][size=7][font=Lithos Pro]Wind Wyrm Lore II [/size][/font][/center] [center]*[i]During this festival Zuron will be responding to all non-RPers and I'll be handling anyone that would like to do our normal RP =). We felt that was a reasonable way to split up responses[/i]. Though, please feel free to ping us both if you'd like both of us to interact =)[/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/VZWNj9W.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/6UnY4c7.png[/img][/center] The Mistral Jamboree sported a great many booths and pavilions, each of them offering the festival goers a tantalizing array of activities and shopping. Amongst this sea of merchants and carnies was a modest little pavilion, furnished simply with a table and three chairs. A sign just past its threshold read: [i]Wind Wyrm Lore II. Come share your lore.[/i] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/d3B8yy8.png[/img][nextcol]The modest pavilion is jam packed with an obscene number of dragons. There are food stands, little shops, and kiosks all across the square. Dragons from all around the region have come here to celebrate together, and today, (Elemental Holiday goes here) swings right into life. There is merriment and joy abound as dragons of all stripes share their mirth, and also food and drink. At one end of the plaza lays an Imperial of rich soil and vibrant golden hues wrapped comfortably around a marble statue. The eyes of the statue seem to watch passersby with interest. The Daisies draped across the Imperial's wings rustle in the wind, a few of the petals flutter away with the breeze. In the Imperial's arms lay an open tome with impeccable handwritten notes within. His beret has slid slightly down alongside one side of the Imperial's head. With nary a sign of displeasure, the Imperial glances up from his work and smiles. His welcoming eyes shine like polished citrines in the waning light of dusk. "Are you here to share a story?" The Imperial asks kindly. "My companion and I would appreciate any assistance you can lend us." The Imperial gestures one hand towards the nearby Wildclaw. "This is Casey," The Imperial introduced his friend, "and I am Professor Frampt." The Professor readies a fresh pen to write with. This will be an enlightening evening.[/columns] ------- [center][b]Ping List[/b] @IronPen, @Zuron, @Tox, @Faramyre, @Disillusionist, @dinguschi, @EclipseMirror, @awaicu, @Almedha, @SilverFoxDemon, @Warriorgirl1234 @ahzidal @rapono @SnoringHyena @After @TheSangonmuu @FelinaeFatale, @Gula [/center] -------
Wind Wyrm Lore II
*During this festival Zuron will be responding to all non-RPers and I'll be handling anyone that would like to do our normal RP =). We felt that was a reasonable way to split up responses. Though, please feel free to ping us both if you'd like both of us to interact =)
VZWNj9W.png
6UnY4c7.png
The Mistral Jamboree sported a great many booths and pavilions, each of them offering the festival goers a tantalizing array of activities and shopping. Amongst this sea of merchants and carnies was a modest little pavilion, furnished simply with a table and three chairs. A sign just past its threshold read: Wind Wyrm Lore II. Come share your lore.

d3B8yy8.png The modest pavilion is jam packed with an obscene number of dragons. There are food stands, little shops, and kiosks all across the square. Dragons from all around the region have come here to celebrate together, and today, (Elemental Holiday goes here) swings right into life. There is merriment and joy abound as dragons of all stripes share their mirth, and also food and drink.

At one end of the plaza lays an Imperial of rich soil and vibrant golden hues wrapped comfortably around a marble statue. The eyes of the statue seem to watch passersby with interest. The Daisies draped across the Imperial's wings rustle in the wind, a few of the petals flutter away with the breeze. In the Imperial's arms lay an open tome with impeccable handwritten notes within. His beret has slid slightly down alongside one side of the Imperial's head.

With nary a sign of displeasure, the Imperial glances up from his work and smiles. His welcoming eyes shine like polished citrines in the waning light of dusk. "Are you here to share a story?" The Imperial asks kindly. "My companion and I would appreciate any assistance you can lend us." The Imperial gestures one hand towards the nearby Wildclaw. "This is Casey," The Imperial introduced his friend, "and I am Professor Frampt." The Professor readies a fresh pen to write with. This will be an enlightening evening.

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28882125] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/288822/28882125_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] [size=2] The wind picks up, carrying with it a small teal bird with a parchment scroll tethered to one of its legs. It holds a message from a dragon who resides somewhere far away, stuck in a labyrinth made of stone. [i] Greetings, I've written out my story here so that those who come after may learn from my mistakes. . . [/i] Glad to see Casey back again, and Professor Frampt as well! Hope that you are enjoying the Jamboree! I had to go back to last year to see if I had shared Icarus then, but it looks like I did finish her story sometime this past year~
@Azurenight

The wind picks up, carrying with it a small teal bird with a parchment scroll tethered to one of its legs. It holds a message from a dragon who resides somewhere far away, stuck in a labyrinth made of stone. Greetings, I've written out my story here so that those who come after may learn from my mistakes. . .

Glad to see Casey back again, and Professor Frampt as well! Hope that you are enjoying the Jamboree! I had to go back to last year to see if I had shared Icarus then, but it looks like I did finish her story sometime this past year~
Edit- for those interested, my friend has her subspecies thread up now! [url]http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2654651[/url] Can I just say that good gosh I already adore the Professor What a good boy <3 (And he's so pretty, too!) Skipping over dragons I've likely shared in past festivals, I have three new ladies to show off! They all look pretty similar in a way, I suppose, but I'm very excited about them <3 This girl is Araceli! She's from a friend's Wind subspecies, but they don't have the thread up yet. In my lair, she serves as one of the new heads of council; she's perhaps the most approachable of the four, with a motherly attitude and generally doing her best to keep an eye out for the others in the clan. Though she's not a seasonal sprite like her mentors, she still embodies the spirit of spring, and does her best to pick up where her mentors left off. When my friend gets the thread up for her subspecies, she'll have more wind-oriented lore while retaining her current role in my clan [emoji=ridgeback love] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48806707] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/488068/48806707_350.png[/img] [/url] Another Skydancer from a long-loved subspecies, I finally managed to get my hands on one! Well, not really--she's a legacy one, so she's not actually part of the subspecies, but I love her a lot. She's the clan's Wind archive; with many centuries of knowledge of nearly anything to do with the flight, she's far wiser on the lore, culture, and technology of the Wind dragons. As such, she's helped bring in some of these advancements to the clan of Kaiana, allowing it to grow and flourish in an entirely new way. In her free time, she spends a lot of time flitting about different clans in the current territory Kaiana inhabits, learning more outside her extensive knowledge of Wind. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13679650] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136797/13679650_350.png[/img] [/url] And lastly, another girl from my friend's subspecies! However, she's a reject. I couldn't resist her when I saw her, though. Her eyes don't see like a typical dragon; where others have definition and depth, she sees more in a thermal kind of sense. It's blurry and auras stick out more than anything when it comes to other living creatures. She's kind of viewed as a powerful figure though, because she brought life to the island when all seemed bleak. As the new seasonal sprites were learning their powers and practicing them, the winter sprite kind of overdid their part, and froze everything too deeply. All across the land, not just in the clan, everything was dying--from prey animals to plants and even the dragons, the cold was beyond anything that they had experienced before. With her staff and her own focused Wind magic, she brought warm winds to the clan (and surrounding areas), allowing them to survive the harsh winter. In the regular seasons, her winds bring in new seeds and pollen, helping the island to thrive more as well as introduce new plants to the dragons of Kaiana. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50217913] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502180/50217913_350.png[/img] [/url] All that said, Araceli does have a brief little lore intro linked in her bio, and it's set before Mircea (meer-cha, if you were wondering how to pronounce it) comes to the clan, and also before the harshest part of the winter actually set in. I have a lot of lore building to do, and these windy ladies are a huge part of all of it <3
Edit- for those interested, my friend has her subspecies thread up now!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2654651

Can I just say that good gosh I already adore the Professor
What a good boy <3 (And he's so pretty, too!)

Skipping over dragons I've likely shared in past festivals, I have three new ladies to show off! They all look pretty similar in a way, I suppose, but I'm very excited about them <3

This girl is Araceli! She's from a friend's Wind subspecies, but they don't have the thread up yet. In my lair, she serves as one of the new heads of council; she's perhaps the most approachable of the four, with a motherly attitude and generally doing her best to keep an eye out for the others in the clan. Though she's not a seasonal sprite like her mentors, she still embodies the spirit of spring, and does her best to pick up where her mentors left off.
When my friend gets the thread up for her subspecies, she'll have more wind-oriented lore while retaining her current role in my clan

48806707_350.png

Another Skydancer from a long-loved subspecies, I finally managed to get my hands on one! Well, not really--she's a legacy one, so she's not actually part of the subspecies, but I love her a lot.
She's the clan's Wind archive; with many centuries of knowledge of nearly anything to do with the flight, she's far wiser on the lore, culture, and technology of the Wind dragons. As such, she's helped bring in some of these advancements to the clan of Kaiana, allowing it to grow and flourish in an entirely new way. In her free time, she spends a lot of time flitting about different clans in the current territory Kaiana inhabits, learning more outside her extensive knowledge of Wind.

13679650_350.png

And lastly, another girl from my friend's subspecies! However, she's a reject. I couldn't resist her when I saw her, though.
Her eyes don't see like a typical dragon; where others have definition and depth, she sees more in a thermal kind of sense. It's blurry and auras stick out more than anything when it comes to other living creatures. She's kind of viewed as a powerful figure though, because she brought life to the island when all seemed bleak. As the new seasonal sprites were learning their powers and practicing them, the winter sprite kind of overdid their part, and froze everything too deeply. All across the land, not just in the clan, everything was dying--from prey animals to plants and even the dragons, the cold was beyond anything that they had experienced before. With her staff and her own focused Wind magic, she brought warm winds to the clan (and surrounding areas), allowing them to survive the harsh winter. In the regular seasons, her winds bring in new seeds and pollen, helping the island to thrive more as well as introduce new plants to the dragons of Kaiana.

50217913_350.png

All that said, Araceli does have a brief little lore intro linked in her bio, and it's set before Mircea (meer-cha, if you were wondering how to pronounce it) comes to the clan, and also before the harshest part of the winter actually set in.

I have a lot of lore building to do, and these windy ladies are a huge part of all of it <3
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@Azurenight Welcome Frampt! Looking snazzy there. Shortest yet! I seem to have shed some windies over the months and the only one of note is Klorein [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38891433] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/388915/38891433_350.png[/img] [/url] The clan's Barista who's now fully gened into a koi coatl and is officially Viper's second mate. Mostly he's hanging around and plying Viper out of her office with coffee. Renata also loves his coffee. There's also Pestle's new outfit which suits her well, in both her occupations [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16933773] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/169338/16933773_350.png[/img] [/url] Keelhaul should have been shown at the last showing but if not then here's the innkeeper! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39850063] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/398501/39850063_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Azurenight
Welcome Frampt! Looking snazzy there. Shortest yet! I seem to have shed some windies over the months and the only one of note is Klorein

38891433_350.png

The clan's Barista who's now fully gened into a koi coatl and is officially Viper's second mate. Mostly he's hanging around and plying Viper out of her office with coffee. Renata also loves his coffee.

There's also Pestle's new outfit which suits her well, in both her occupations

16933773_350.png

Keelhaul should have been shown at the last showing but if not then here's the innkeeper!

39850063_350.png
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[center][b]Sorry if you get pinged multiple time! FR doesn't want to save edits to posts, and is instead making new ones when I click submit in the edit screen.[/b][/center] ------------ Jammin' Jamboree everyone! I hope that Frampt can be an interesting addition to this festival. I'm not yet sure if I will carry on @Azurenight's legacy fully, but I'll see! I'd like to share a few of my own dragons at the bottom of this post too! I hope it is fine that I reply too, but mostly to the non-roleplay bits! ------------------------- @EclipseMirror Beautiful dragon! Cypris' story reminds me of a few things that I have worked with in the past! Firstly, Cypris was once a pampered wind dragon not unlike my dearest Trinity at the bottom of this post! Trinity was royalty until she sought escape from her family. The wilds were not so friendly to her either, but Trinity found a home. Secondarily, Cypris reminds me of a Witch in my clan. This Witch has also directly effected Trinity's life too. Trinity's mate is a very powerful Telepath, so powerful that it was essentially crippling. As a gift, the Witch made a deal with powerful beings to make a mask to block out the voices of those around Trinity's mate. In exchange, the Witch sold her dreams. The Witch no longer has ambition as a result, like how Cypris lacks sentimentality. Cypris reminded me of two (three if you count Trinity's mate) of my dragons. @RogueDemon Beautiful dragons, and an interesting premise! Nothing like some good folklore/mythology/religion to go along with lore! Religious history, I've found makes for really good inspiration. Thanks for sharing! @Faramyre I think that Frampt would be rather interested in such a drama-packed story. Frampt likes learning new things, and not just because he is a Light dragon. Is Frostflower on par at all with the main eleven deities, or is she her own thing? By comparison, what are the other eleven? The different dragons were made attendants because they were faithful to plural gods, so are there more beings like Frostflower, or does that simply refer to faith in general? Was Honeymeadow part of the Emperor? How intelligent is the Emperor that assailed the valley? It seemed to have an animal cunning, but most instances of Emperors I have read are mindless or at least oblivious to what they are doing. @Warriorgirl1234 Thanks! So, Blind is, well, blind, but I have a question or two about him. Is his (nick?)name Blind because he is blind, or is that just a coincidence? If he is a healer, why can he not heal his own eyes? If they are clouded, that is probably due to the cornea rather than the retina or optical nerves, and that means it could be easier to treat. I have read and thought of several reasons for that to be disallowed in different stories though. One story had it that one could not heal themselves with their own magic because if one could be afflicted at all by whatever the injury is in the first place, then the magic is not enough to undo it. Another was that there was a rule of magic that prohibited such an act. Yet another was that healing is actually very expensive. I use that in my own lore here on Flight Rising. Healing magic is actually very dangerous in my lore because it still follows the laws of conservation of mass/energy. And, altering cell division can cause severe effects. Healing the body can end up healing things incorrectly or magic may cause cancer. It also saps either the caster, the injured party, or the environment of energy and material. The Healing magic will devour any living material for resources if need be. Using the injured party as fuel for the magic's healing would probably kill them. Using oneself will probably kill oneself, or, at the very least, severely detriment and exhaust them. In other words, the energy and material needed exponentially increases with injury severity. Using the environment can cause a lot of ecological damage too and might take more energy due to unlike material having to be converted into usable biomass. As a result of these restrictions. restoration magic is typically reserved for only the most severe injuries, or very minor injuries. Healing an injury completely can be deadly in itself, so most healing magic only makes the wound less mortal. In my clan, healers mostly act therapeutically; such as helping with soreness, itchiness, pain, and sleep rather than injuries. But, they are also taught more powerful magic for dire circumstances. Thirdly, sapping others or the environment for resources, energy, and magic has been shown to be incredibly addictive. Doing so usually makes one thrum with enormous power, and once that power is gone, enormous withdrawal symptoms follow. Sorry for that Tangent! I just really like discussing magic, especially the double edged kind! Ahem. @Everleigh But who are Translatiests? I see the word "translate" in there, so are they centred around language? You said that few can understand them, so their language is unique to them for the most part. @Disillusionist Glad you like Frampt. As they say, conflict builds character! Sad beginnings make good endings sometimes. Well, not necessarily "good," but engaging! Ahem. So, Khamsin is not from mainland Sornieth then? Is she from an outlying island, another continent, the other side of the Sea of a Thousand Currents from the Windswept Plateau, or something else? She went down a river and ended up in Sornieth. I guess magic could be an explanation. @TheSangonmuu I'll have to see how this goes and if I can afford the time, but thanks! So, does China exist in your lore or are they just based off of that? Kip is very much a windy boy, and Seogoong looks a lot like Trinity actually! Does Korea exist? A Fae singing Kpop makes me smile though, kudos! @Gula Didn't you have a dragon named something like Shiba a while ago that did just that? Make explosions from the air? The Peroxide idea is cool though! I think I remember you telling me about that idea a while ago. @awaicu [quote]Frampt, more than just a wee bit concerned about the source of the message, read it aloud slowly. Should he write it down, or should he just paste it into his tome? As for the bird, Frampt wondered if it would just go back the way it came. Frampt turned his gaze towards Casey. A story is a story after all.[/quote] I read through Icarus' bio! I've always liked the idea of a charge being more of a curse than anything. I kind of wonder how Charges connect to the Tidelord honestly, considering that's where Guardians come from. It seems like something that would be more Light than Water. Do you have any ideas? One idea I have is that it helps keep Guardian dragons cemented to the present so that they don't get lost in their visions of time. An anchor, to keep them grounded, to pull them back. Charges keep Guardians wanting to keep moving, to keep pushing, and to not give up. But, it could backfire it would seem. This is the first time I've read about the bond between the Charge and the Guardian as the Charge having dominion over the Guardian's will though! It's fascinating. @SilverFoxDemon Thanks! Frampt is a pretty good boy. They're all rather pretty, if I do say so myself! They definitely look like Wind Dragons. Do the spirits of seasons gain power during their season, or do they just symbolize them? What is the technological advancement of the Wind flight? Mircea kind of makes me think of those warm breezes that you get as snow begins to thaw. "Suffer the winter’s cold winds for it bears aloft next summer’s seeds." I wish you luck with your lore! Fitting everything together can be tough, but it can be rewarding! @IronPen Everyone needs a barista boyfriend I think! Pestle's dance powder reminds of a thing that I've seen done to reduce droughts around the world. From planes, they dump this stuff into the sky that causes water to condense and precipitate. Does Dance Powder work similarly, or is it more magic? Is it called Dance Powder because of the term "rain dance"? Also, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has thought that there are bound to be drug dealer dragons. Is the first dragon's name Chlorine, but spelled fancy? Because both Keelhaul and Pestle are words too. As a side note, I love the dog apparel! -------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24650317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246504/24650317_350.png[/img] [/url] Nightfall, also known as Sirius, is a spirit that has manifested physically in my clan. Previously a member of an entourage of spirits that descended to Prufrock for negotiations with another faction, Sirius was essentially an attendee to his matron, his queen. Sirius was created specifically to serve her, but when the Queen fled the island one day, Sirius, his mate Starfall (Catarina), and others were stranded on Sornieth. Despairing, the two nearly died from their sheer emptiness. Eventually, however, the two decided upon a new purpose. Sirius and Catarina decided to find one of their daughters, Weir, who lives in my clan. When Sirius and Catarina came to my clan, they had nothing, but they have built a home here. When the Bounty of the Elements came upon the world, many mages across Sornieth ended up killing themselves with their newfound magic power. Sirius and Catarina, being spirits, were far more adaptable to the increased magical potential. The clan's leadership decided, to protect young mages from their untrained magic, to initiate a plan to train them. Sirius and Catarina were asked to run the new Circle of Magi, where they would help young mages control their power. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21375952] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/213760/21375952_350.png[/img] [/url] Trinity is former royalty from the Windswept Plateau. She was not exactly anywhere near the top of the hierarchy, something like fiftieth in line for a throne, but she was still crushed by her family. To escape them, she fled west to the Starfall Isles. There, she tried to live, but she had no survival skills and she had no idea how to handle the outside world. Her fanciful fantasy of escaping to the countryside was not what she had expected. Firstly, it was not as romanticized as she thought, and secondly, it was a little less horrifically dangerous than she was told. Eventually, though, Trinity came to a little meet and greet in a clearing. What she had come upon was basically "The Bachelor," but maybe less dramatic, and with fewer people... Anyway, the lucky man was a mage and telepath from my clan. He was looking for a companion, preferably a female but he wasn't exactly excluding others. Trinity kind of just walked up without finding out what was going on. The two Fae hit it off, surprisingly. Since then, Cato, the clan mage, and Trinity have grown very close. They have had kids, Trinity has lost most of her royal behavior, and now Trinity works as a caretaker for nests and hatchlings. Trinity, though not a Water dragon, still has some genetic ability to predict the future from her royal blood. It is short range though and prone to mistakes, but it does plenty to help her.
Sorry if you get pinged multiple time! FR doesn't want to save edits to posts, and is instead making new ones when I click submit in the edit screen.

Jammin' Jamboree everyone! I hope that Frampt can be an interesting addition to this festival. I'm not yet sure if I will carry on @Azurenight's legacy fully, but I'll see! I'd like to share a few of my own dragons at the bottom of this post too! I hope it is fine that I reply too, but mostly to the non-roleplay bits!

@EclipseMirror

Beautiful dragon!

Cypris' story reminds me of a few things that I have worked with in the past! Firstly, Cypris was once a pampered wind dragon not unlike my dearest Trinity at the bottom of this post! Trinity was royalty until she sought escape from her family. The wilds were not so friendly to her either, but Trinity found a home.

Secondarily, Cypris reminds me of a Witch in my clan. This Witch has also directly effected Trinity's life too. Trinity's mate is a very powerful Telepath, so powerful that it was essentially crippling. As a gift, the Witch made a deal with powerful beings to make a mask to block out the voices of those around Trinity's mate. In exchange, the Witch sold her dreams. The Witch no longer has ambition as a result, like how Cypris lacks sentimentality. Cypris reminded me of two (three if you count Trinity's mate) of my dragons.

@RogueDemon

Beautiful dragons, and an interesting premise!

Nothing like some good folklore/mythology/religion to go along with lore! Religious history, I've found makes for really good inspiration.

Thanks for sharing!

@Faramyre

I think that Frampt would be rather interested in such a drama-packed story. Frampt likes learning new things, and not just because he is a Light dragon. Is Frostflower on par at all with the main eleven deities, or is she her own thing? By comparison, what are the other eleven? The different dragons were made attendants because they were faithful to plural gods, so are there more beings like Frostflower, or does that simply refer to faith in general? Was Honeymeadow part of the Emperor? How intelligent is the Emperor that assailed the valley? It seemed to have an animal cunning, but most instances of Emperors I have read are mindless or at least oblivious to what they are doing.

@Warriorgirl1234

Thanks!

So, Blind is, well, blind, but I have a question or two about him. Is his (nick?)name Blind because he is blind, or is that just a coincidence? If he is a healer, why can he not heal his own eyes? If they are clouded, that is probably due to the cornea rather than the retina or optical nerves, and that means it could be easier to treat. I have read and thought of several reasons for that to be disallowed in different stories though. One story had it that one could not heal themselves with their own magic because if one could be afflicted at all by whatever the injury is in the first place, then the magic is not enough to undo it. Another was that there was a rule of magic that prohibited such an act.

Yet another was that healing is actually very expensive. I use that in my own lore here on Flight Rising. Healing magic is actually very dangerous in my lore because it still follows the laws of conservation of mass/energy. And, altering cell division can cause severe effects. Healing the body can end up healing things incorrectly or magic may cause cancer. It also saps either the caster, the injured party, or the environment of energy and material. The Healing magic will devour any living material for resources if need be. Using the injured party as fuel for the magic's healing would probably kill them. Using oneself will probably kill oneself, or, at the very least, severely detriment and exhaust them. In other words, the energy and material needed exponentially increases with injury severity. Using the environment can cause a lot of ecological damage too and might take more energy due to unlike material having to be converted into usable biomass.

As a result of these restrictions. restoration magic is typically reserved for only the most severe injuries, or very minor injuries. Healing an injury completely can be deadly in itself, so most healing magic only makes the wound less mortal. In my clan, healers mostly act therapeutically; such as helping with soreness, itchiness, pain, and sleep rather than injuries. But, they are also taught more powerful magic for dire circumstances.

Thirdly, sapping others or the environment for resources, energy, and magic has been shown to be incredibly addictive. Doing so usually makes one thrum with enormous power, and once that power is gone, enormous withdrawal symptoms follow.

Sorry for that Tangent! I just really like discussing magic, especially the double edged kind! Ahem.

@Everleigh
But who are Translatiests? I see the word "translate" in there, so are they centred around language? You said that few can understand them, so their language is unique to them for the most part.

@Disillusionist

Glad you like Frampt.

As they say, conflict builds character! Sad beginnings make good endings sometimes. Well, not necessarily "good," but engaging! Ahem. So, Khamsin is not from mainland Sornieth then? Is she from an outlying island, another continent, the other side of the Sea of a Thousand Currents from the Windswept Plateau, or something else? She went down a river and ended up in Sornieth. I guess magic could be an explanation.

@TheSangonmuu

I'll have to see how this goes and if I can afford the time, but thanks!

So, does China exist in your lore or are they just based off of that? Kip is very much a windy boy, and Seogoong looks a lot like Trinity actually! Does Korea exist? A Fae singing Kpop makes me smile though, kudos!

@Gula

Didn't you have a dragon named something like Shiba a while ago that did just that? Make explosions from the air? The Peroxide idea is cool though! I think I remember you telling me about that idea a while ago.

@awaicu
Quote:
Frampt, more than just a wee bit concerned about the source of the message, read it aloud slowly. Should he write it down, or should he just paste it into his tome? As for the bird, Frampt wondered if it would just go back the way it came. Frampt turned his gaze towards Casey. A story is a story after all.

I read through Icarus' bio! I've always liked the idea of a charge being more of a curse than anything. I kind of wonder how Charges connect to the Tidelord honestly, considering that's where Guardians come from. It seems like something that would be more Light than Water. Do you have any ideas? One idea I have is that it helps keep Guardian dragons cemented to the present so that they don't get lost in their visions of time. An anchor, to keep them grounded, to pull them back. Charges keep Guardians wanting to keep moving, to keep pushing, and to not give up. But, it could backfire it would seem. This is the first time I've read about the bond between the Charge and the Guardian as the Charge having dominion over the Guardian's will though! It's fascinating.

@SilverFoxDemon
Thanks! Frampt is a pretty good boy.

They're all rather pretty, if I do say so myself! They definitely look like Wind Dragons. Do the spirits of seasons gain power during their season, or do they just symbolize them? What is the technological advancement of the Wind flight? Mircea kind of makes me think of those warm breezes that you get as snow begins to thaw.

"Suffer the winter’s cold winds for it bears aloft next summer’s seeds."

I wish you luck with your lore! Fitting everything together can be tough, but it can be rewarding!

@IronPen

Everyone needs a barista boyfriend I think!

Pestle's dance powder reminds of a thing that I've seen done to reduce droughts around the world. From planes, they dump this stuff into the sky that causes water to condense and precipitate. Does Dance Powder work similarly, or is it more magic? Is it called Dance Powder because of the term "rain dance"? Also, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has thought that there are bound to be drug dealer dragons.

Is the first dragon's name Chlorine, but spelled fancy? Because both Keelhaul and Pestle are words too.

As a side note, I love the dog apparel!

24650317_350.png

Nightfall, also known as Sirius, is a spirit that has manifested physically in my clan. Previously a member of an entourage of spirits that descended to Prufrock for negotiations with another faction, Sirius was essentially an attendee to his matron, his queen. Sirius was created specifically to serve her, but when the Queen fled the island one day, Sirius, his mate Starfall (Catarina), and others were stranded on Sornieth. Despairing, the two nearly died from their sheer emptiness. Eventually, however, the two decided upon a new purpose. Sirius and Catarina decided to find one of their daughters, Weir, who lives in my clan.

When Sirius and Catarina came to my clan, they had nothing, but they have built a home here. When the Bounty of the Elements came upon the world, many mages across Sornieth ended up killing themselves with their newfound magic power. Sirius and Catarina, being spirits, were far more adaptable to the increased magical potential. The clan's leadership decided, to protect young mages from their untrained magic, to initiate a plan to train them. Sirius and Catarina were asked to run the new Circle of Magi, where they would help young mages control their power.

21375952_350.png

Trinity is former royalty from the Windswept Plateau. She was not exactly anywhere near the top of the hierarchy, something like fiftieth in line for a throne, but she was still crushed by her family. To escape them, she fled west to the Starfall Isles. There, she tried to live, but she had no survival skills and she had no idea how to handle the outside world. Her fanciful fantasy of escaping to the countryside was not what she had expected. Firstly, it was not as romanticized as she thought, and secondly, it was a little less horrifically dangerous than she was told. Eventually, though, Trinity came to a little meet and greet in a clearing. What she had come upon was basically "The Bachelor," but maybe less dramatic, and with fewer people... Anyway, the lucky man was a mage and telepath from my clan. He was looking for a companion, preferably a female but he wasn't exactly excluding others. Trinity kind of just walked up without finding out what was going on. The two Fae hit it off, surprisingly.

Since then, Cato, the clan mage, and Trinity have grown very close. They have had kids, Trinity has lost most of her royal behavior, and now Trinity works as a caretaker for nests and hatchlings. Trinity, though not a Water dragon, still has some genetic ability to predict the future from her royal blood. It is short range though and prone to mistakes, but it does plenty to help her.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
@Zuron
Klorein is from dovahzul, a language from the game Skyrim. It's corrupted and I forgot to write it down. I think I used krein which means sun for part of it.
I honestly thought keelhaul just meant tripped up/stumbled into or something similar since I got it from 'keelhauled into a hurricane'. Didn't know what it fully meant until I looked it up.

As for Dance Powder. I have a few dragons from a manga called One Piece, in fact three of my other Wind dragons are also fandragons for it. Dance Powder is from it. It's a pale green powder that does indeed make rain but at the cost of moisture in surrounding areas, use to much and while it rains in one place the nearby regions are all drought stricken. One of the villains was using it to wreck havoc in a desert kingdom. I wanted Pestle to be smuggling something but I didn't want to use the normal human things so I pulled something illegal but nontraditional and that could fit in FR.

I loved your lore for Nightfall and Trinity!
@Zuron
Klorein is from dovahzul, a language from the game Skyrim. It's corrupted and I forgot to write it down. I think I used krein which means sun for part of it.
I honestly thought keelhaul just meant tripped up/stumbled into or something similar since I got it from 'keelhauled into a hurricane'. Didn't know what it fully meant until I looked it up.

As for Dance Powder. I have a few dragons from a manga called One Piece, in fact three of my other Wind dragons are also fandragons for it. Dance Powder is from it. It's a pale green powder that does indeed make rain but at the cost of moisture in surrounding areas, use to much and while it rains in one place the nearby regions are all drought stricken. One of the villains was using it to wreck havoc in a desert kingdom. I wanted Pestle to be smuggling something but I didn't want to use the normal human things so I pulled something illegal but nontraditional and that could fit in FR.

I loved your lore for Nightfall and Trinity!
@IronPen

Dovahzul makes sense now that you reminded me! My name used to be Zurun, which means something like "odd" in Dovahzul, but it is now "Zuron" because it sounds better to me. It isn't Dovahzul, but it is an obscure DC character.

Yeah, Keelhauling is not as harmless as it sounds. And to think, Mr. Krabs often threatened others with it. I personally never got far into One Piece because of just how long it is. It isn't exactly my brand of anime in any case. Right now, I'm watching Your Lie In April. It is a good idea to use Dance Powder though instead of something elicit though! Good thinking! For me, I was thinking plants that have strange effects if eaten or even potions and alcohol.

Thank you! These lore sharing chances help me collect my thoughts for my dragons, so that I actually write for them.
@IronPen

Dovahzul makes sense now that you reminded me! My name used to be Zurun, which means something like "odd" in Dovahzul, but it is now "Zuron" because it sounds better to me. It isn't Dovahzul, but it is an obscure DC character.

Yeah, Keelhauling is not as harmless as it sounds. And to think, Mr. Krabs often threatened others with it. I personally never got far into One Piece because of just how long it is. It isn't exactly my brand of anime in any case. Right now, I'm watching Your Lie In April. It is a good idea to use Dance Powder though instead of something elicit though! Good thinking! For me, I was thinking plants that have strange effects if eaten or even potions and alcohol.

Thank you! These lore sharing chances help me collect my thoughts for my dragons, so that I actually write for them.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
@Azurenight @Zuron
I dont have any wind dragons to show today. BUT, I have had an idea that Ive wanted to get a dragon for since I rewatched some Fullmetal Alchemist! I want a wind dragon, but Im going to have them make use wind magic to concentrate oxygen in the air and make explosions! Im making Roy Mustang bois!!! Or a nature/plague dragon that pulls H2O2 out of living things and makes explosions.
@Azurenight @Zuron
I dont have any wind dragons to show today. BUT, I have had an idea that Ive wanted to get a dragon for since I rewatched some Fullmetal Alchemist! I want a wind dragon, but Im going to have them make use wind magic to concentrate oxygen in the air and make explosions! Im making Roy Mustang bois!!! Or a nature/plague dragon that pulls H2O2 out of living things and makes explosions.
Gula.gif
@Zuron
I'm reading The Promised Neverland and Food Wars.

Oh Pestle's smuggling other things, I think she's got a associate that's a 'fireworks' merchant and she is an herbalist by proper trade. And dance powder worked with ehr crackle cause it's residue and being drenched in potions would be a bad idea.
@Zuron
I'm reading The Promised Neverland and Food Wars.

Oh Pestle's smuggling other things, I think she's got a associate that's a 'fireworks' merchant and she is an herbalist by proper trade. And dance powder worked with ehr crackle cause it's residue and being drenched in potions would be a bad idea.
@Azurenight and @Zuron Hello, Zuron, it's a pleasure to meet you, and I believe you are going to do amazing! Professor Frampt is a handsome Imperial, and my clan welcome him with open arms... and wings. XD. Anyway, here are my Windy boys for today! I only have two, but that may change in the future. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24381997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243820/24381997_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Kip, and he is an actor who plays a Chinese god of wind in a mythological adventure in StudioProductions Entertainment~! At the moment this is his only role, though at the moment nothing is going to change, he is fine with just having that role. As he always says, "Don't try to force yourself to do anything, even if it looks fun. You aren't guaranteed to get it. Let the wind bring it to you if you are destined for it, and just go with the flow if not." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6717354] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/67174/6717354_350.png[/img] [/url] Seogoong here at the moment does not have any acting roles, as he is one of the Kpop soloists who came to visit the studio~!
@Azurenight and @Zuron

Hello, Zuron, it's a pleasure to meet you, and I believe you are going to do amazing! Professor Frampt is a handsome Imperial, and my clan welcome him with open arms... and wings. XD.

Anyway, here are my Windy boys for today! I only have two, but that may change in the future.

24381997_350.png

This is Kip, and he is an actor who plays a Chinese god of wind in a mythological adventure in StudioProductions Entertainment~! At the moment this is his only role, though at the moment nothing is going to change, he is fine with just having that role. As he always says, "Don't try to force yourself to do anything, even if it looks fun. You aren't guaranteed to get it. Let the wind bring it to you if you are destined for it, and just go with the flow if not."

6717354_350.png

Seogoong here at the moment does not have any acting roles, as he is one of the Kpop soloists who came to visit the studio~!
dYz9iQp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9