Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Ask the Mystics-Closed
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
@Countessoffire Thank you for the response, it may not have been what Kourasi wanted to hear, but it was certainly what he needed to hear. I'm throwing my unseeing seer loose! For Sanctus, you may again choose what dragon you would like to answer, for i am terrible at choosing!)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50425006] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504251/50425006_350.png[/img] [/url] It was not long before a wildclaw stepped forward, brushing by the massive emperor after it made its leave. The wildclaw did not shy away from the monstrosity, as it was not what it seemed on the surface, if the wildclaw could even see on the material plane. It's faceted eyes stare for only moments, gazing curiously at the trillions of magical pinpoints and surges emanating within the thing, flowing through a slowly beating, yet strong, heart. The dragon tore his gaze away from the delicately-stepping monstrosity. The multi-skulled creature held its heads high, yet low enough to not hit the ceiling. It bore a look of sullen determination, fueled to be first, a friend to shield a friend, and if at all possible in the future, a Husband. It bid its thanks to the Mystics with a nod from each head and a singular sentence. [b]'We Understand, and will do what is Right for Kore.'[/b] Once the room was cleared of the former dragon who asked of their fate, the ivory-gold wildclaw stepped forward. In the dark, damp surroundings he was as a beacon of light. Moths flutter around his halo of pure light, gold and creme clothing resting heavily, yet comfortably, over his lanky body. He carried himself with neutral body language, though under his hood, his brows were surely furrowed. [font=georgia][i]"I was born mid-spring amongst the ruins of a long-dead clan."[/i][/font] His voice was light and airy, thicker than molasses with an odd sort of calmness, the kind that could only be achieved by drug or lobotomy. It was odd, and it scared most who he came across. He cannot help his learned compliance, his learned gentleness. It is how he is to be puppeted, led on by a carrot-less string. It is how he was conditioned to be by those who found him first. He has gained Sentience, A mind. They do not like [i]That[/i]. He spoke as if the use of vocal cords hurt,claws digging into the meat of his palm. [font=georgia][i]"I have been told to be kind and compassionate, to be like a sheep to the slaughter. I do not want to die for a god who wishes the death of her antlered children. Is that selfish of me? Am i destined to sit atop the altar, before a blade, pretty as a picture, as I've been told? Am i wrong for wishing for independence from my clan?"[/i][/font]
@Countessoffire Thank you for the response, it may not have been what Kourasi wanted to hear, but it was certainly what he needed to hear. I'm throwing my unseeing seer loose! For Sanctus, you may again choose what dragon you would like to answer, for i am terrible at choosing!))

50425006_350.png

It was not long before a wildclaw stepped forward, brushing by the massive emperor after it made its leave. The wildclaw did not shy away from the monstrosity, as it was not what it seemed on the surface, if the wildclaw could even see on the material plane. It's faceted eyes stare for only moments, gazing curiously at the trillions of magical pinpoints and surges emanating within the thing, flowing through a slowly beating, yet strong, heart. The dragon tore his gaze away from the delicately-stepping monstrosity. The multi-skulled creature held its heads high, yet low enough to not hit the ceiling. It bore a look of sullen determination, fueled to be first, a friend to shield a friend, and if at all possible in the future, a Husband. It bid its thanks to the Mystics with a nod from each head and a singular sentence.

'We Understand, and will do what is Right for Kore.'

Once the room was cleared of the former dragon who asked of their fate, the ivory-gold wildclaw stepped forward. In the dark, damp surroundings he was as a beacon of light. Moths flutter around his halo of pure light, gold and creme clothing resting heavily, yet comfortably, over his lanky body. He carried himself with neutral body language, though under his hood, his brows were surely furrowed.

"I was born mid-spring amongst the ruins of a long-dead clan."

His voice was light and airy, thicker than molasses with an odd sort of calmness, the kind that could only be achieved by drug or lobotomy. It was odd, and it scared most who he came across. He cannot help his learned compliance, his learned gentleness. It is how he is to be puppeted, led on by a carrot-less string. It is how he was conditioned to be by those who found him first. He has gained Sentience, A mind. They do not like That. He spoke as if the use of vocal cords hurt,claws digging into the meat of his palm.

"I have been told to be kind and compassionate, to be like a sheep to the slaughter. I do not want to die for a god who wishes the death of her antlered children. Is that selfish of me? Am i destined to sit atop the altar, before a blade, pretty as a picture, as I've been told? Am i wrong for wishing for independence from my clan?"
246.png IT/XE/HE - 20
WISH LIST
ART SHOP

"Somewhere deep inside me fester memories and dreams.."
@Countessoffire [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42811462] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/428115/42811462_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51197088] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/511971/51197088_350.png[/img] [/url] The next questioners to darken the Mystics' door didn't cast much of a shadow. A little Guardian boy with oddly misshapen pupils, feeling his way around cautiously, guided by the occasional nudge from the little Fae girl on his back who had normal pupils in far too many eyes for comfort. They clung together nervously, the Fae girl's multitudinous eyes darting in all directions; it had taken all their childish guile to slip the attention of their guardians, but being so far from them and from their clan was downright frightening. But they had to come - they had to get answers no one in the clan was likely to give them. "I'm Ayiig," said the girl, fidgeting nervously. "I was born in summer." "An' I'm Barid," said the boy, holding very still. "I was born in spring." They fell silent for a moment, each of them afraid to be the first to speak, waiting for their sibling to start. Finally Ayiig worked up the nerve to open her mouth again. "The clan thinks we can find the Tidelord," she said, clutching her own tail. "Riddle said the Tidelord told him so." "Riddle says the Tidelord still tells him lots of things," Barid grunted, not even trying to hide his skepticism. "And...I mean, I guess we could if we really tried hard?" Ayiig continued, as if her brother hadn't said anything. "I mean...I can see all kinds of things if I look with the right sets of eyes. And Barid...well, Barid can't really [i]see[/i] anything, but he can [i]feel[/i] all kinds of things, like who's been down a path or where a statue came from." "I know who else has been here to ask you things," Barid added proudly, puffing out his little chest. "That Emperor was [i]weird[/i]." "Barid!" Ayiig hissed, slapping him lightly. "Remember what Urano told us about privacy?" She paused for a moment to relocate her train of thought before continuing. "Anyway, um...I guess we [i]could[/i] find the Tidelord if we tried...but...we really don't know [i]how[/i]. There's an awful lot of ocean, and we still dunno where to look. And I know the clan is counting on us, and the whole Water flight, but...we just dunno."
@Countessoffire

42811462_350.png

51197088_350.png

The next questioners to darken the Mystics' door didn't cast much of a shadow. A little Guardian boy with oddly misshapen pupils, feeling his way around cautiously, guided by the occasional nudge from the little Fae girl on his back who had normal pupils in far too many eyes for comfort. They clung together nervously, the Fae girl's multitudinous eyes darting in all directions; it had taken all their childish guile to slip the attention of their guardians, but being so far from them and from their clan was downright frightening. But they had to come - they had to get answers no one in the clan was likely to give them.

"I'm Ayiig," said the girl, fidgeting nervously. "I was born in summer."

"An' I'm Barid," said the boy, holding very still. "I was born in spring."

They fell silent for a moment, each of them afraid to be the first to speak, waiting for their sibling to start. Finally Ayiig worked up the nerve to open her mouth again. "The clan thinks we can find the Tidelord," she said, clutching her own tail. "Riddle said the Tidelord told him so."

"Riddle says the Tidelord still tells him lots of things," Barid grunted, not even trying to hide his skepticism.

"And...I mean, I guess we could if we really tried hard?" Ayiig continued, as if her brother hadn't said anything. "I mean...I can see all kinds of things if I look with the right sets of eyes. And Barid...well, Barid can't really see anything, but he can feel all kinds of things, like who's been down a path or where a statue came from."

"I know who else has been here to ask you things," Barid added proudly, puffing out his little chest. "That Emperor was weird."

"Barid!" Ayiig hissed, slapping him lightly. "Remember what Urano told us about privacy?" She paused for a moment to relocate her train of thought before continuing. "Anyway, um...I guess we could find the Tidelord if we tried...but...we really don't know how. There's an awful lot of ocean, and we still dunno where to look. And I know the clan is counting on us, and the whole Water flight, but...we just dunno."
Oblivion-Rising-Sig.png
An Elder Scrolls fandragon project
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=4164&tab=dragon&did=51020061][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/390344199037517824/570311126739320833/dragongg.png[/img][/url] [/center] [center][font=cambria][size=4][color=black]Icy eyes watched as each visitor came and went; the dragoness regarded each of them as they passed by with a courteous dip of her head. Each of the dragons who stood before the Mystics were all so different, and she wondered what all their lives were like back in their clan. What kind of questions did they need answered with the Mystics’ great magical power? If so many came to hear their counseling, surely they had been successful in giving the answers they needed – whether they wanted it or not. As she waited, more dragons brushed past her as they were sent on their way. Most of them dwarfed her already petite frame, but she didn’t let them intimidate her. Faramir reminded herself she was the headmistress of her clan, after all. For a moment she closed her eyes and sighed, focusing on the sea breeze as it ruffled her shimmering feathers. The dragoness adjusted her posture and lifted her head, her regal appearance aided by the ocean winds that caused the fine fabrics to billow gently around her. She was close enough to hear their voices now. By the way her fur sent sparks down her spine, she could tell that one of them was a skydancer like herself. She wondered what the other Mystics were. Faramir lifted her head to study the intricate crystals of the cavern. She brought her attention back to the event at hand when she was finally called forward. With careful certainty, Faramir appeared as if she were gliding across the earth towards the powerful drakes. [b]"They call me Faramir,"[/b] she stated coolly, [b]"my birth season is early in the spring."[/b] She peered up at them through her satin veil and bowed her head, slowly rising to look at them clearly once again. Her wings were unfurled but relaxed, and they arced around her sleek visage like a halo. [b]"I came for the blessing of your counsel, wise ones...you see, my rank has just recently been promoted to the Headmistress of my Clan."[/b] The bright jewels on her long tail clattered quietly on the hard ground when she waved it, and she cleared her throat. [b]"I have grown to believe that I shouldn't focus on any of my personal feelings,"[/b] she continued, [b]"for I fear that it could lead me to bias...how do you conquer this? My responsibility is important to me, but the feelings I've shared with the clan's General existed long before I accepted my position. I wish to be there for her, and yet she sits on the Council alongside me. I do not know it would be in either of our interests to declare anything, as much as it hurts my heart to do so. My question may be trivial, yet I still wish to know....should I let this flame die, or kindle it?"[/b] [/color][/size][/font][/center]
dragongg.png
Icy eyes watched as each visitor came and went; the dragoness regarded each of them as they passed by with a courteous dip of her head. Each of the dragons who stood before the Mystics were all so different, and she wondered what all their lives were like back in their clan. What kind of questions did they need answered with the Mystics’ great magical power? If so many came to hear their counseling, surely they had been successful in giving the answers they needed – whether they wanted it or not. As she waited, more dragons brushed past her as they were sent on their way. Most of them dwarfed her already petite frame, but she didn’t let them intimidate her. Faramir reminded herself she was the headmistress of her clan, after all. For a moment she closed her eyes and sighed, focusing on the sea breeze as it ruffled her shimmering feathers. The dragoness adjusted her posture and lifted her head, her regal appearance aided by the ocean winds that caused the fine fabrics to billow gently around her.

She was close enough to hear their voices now. By the way her fur sent sparks down her spine, she could tell that one of them was a skydancer like herself. She wondered what the other Mystics were. Faramir lifted her head to study the intricate crystals of the cavern. She brought her attention back to the event at hand when she was finally called forward. With careful certainty, Faramir appeared as if she were gliding across the earth towards the powerful drakes.

"They call me Faramir," she stated coolly, "my birth season is early in the spring." She peered up at them through her satin veil and bowed her head, slowly rising to look at them clearly once again. Her wings were unfurled but relaxed, and they arced around her sleek visage like a halo. "I came for the blessing of your counsel, wise ones...you see, my rank has just recently been promoted to the Headmistress of my Clan." The bright jewels on her long tail clattered quietly on the hard ground when she waved it, and she cleared her throat.

"I have grown to believe that I shouldn't focus on any of my personal feelings," she continued, "for I fear that it could lead me to bias...how do you conquer this? My responsibility is important to me, but the feelings I've shared with the clan's General existed long before I accepted my position. I wish to be there for her, and yet she sits on the Council alongside me. I do not know it would be in either of our interests to declare anything, as much as it hurts my heart to do so. My question may be trivial, yet I still wish to know....should I let this flame die, or kindle it?"
@Scarborough

((You're welcome. As I've been doing this I've wanted to give an answer that has more impact on the dragon that asks it. Giving an answer that is needed instead of what is wanted is how my Mystics operate. Don't worry about not being able to choose, it is no problem. Sanctus is a very interesting but definitely a tricky character. Let's see what my Mystics may have for him.))

Tacet Mare and Noctis Timore sat in silence as they watched Kourasi take his leave of the crystal chamber. The next dragon to come in was a stark contrast to Kourasi in appearance. The cool temperature of the crystal chamber was warmed by the radiance that came from the golden Wildclaw. The mists danced and shifted around the chamber as the light brought energy.

A harsh hiss erupted from Noctis Timore's maw where his fangs were on full display beneath his grisly headdress. His head jerked to where he wasn't looking at Sanctus and he stalked to the back of the chamber from the glowing basin. His heavy clothes rustled and his armored tail scraped against the crystal floor before he settled onto his belly with a solid thump. His eyes were now directed at a crystal wall and his lips were set in a firm line while his body lay rigid.

In a brief moment, Magna Mater and Clara Stella returned to the chamber. Magna Mater turned her head to look at Sanctus before pausing in her step. She regarded him silently before tilting her head to where her mantle hood rustled toward her left. A soft hum rumbled from her throat before she turned away from Sanctus to join Noctis Timore near the back of the cavern.

Tacet Mare and Clara Stella sat at the glowing basin. Both of their eyes were focused on Sanctus as he forced words to come from his throat. Clara Stella's eyes narrowed and her lips pulled into a severe frown.

"No," said Clara Stella, "You are not in the wrong...but..."

Tacet Mare's eyes became glassy and the glowing basin before him began to take on a cold blue hue. His wings folded close to his sides. "You are going to be your greatest challenge to overcome in order to change your fate. It is difficult to shake the loyalties that are created as a hatchling. The ghost of that abandonment still holds fast to your fragile heart."

Clara Stella's face contorted into a grimace. "They taught you that you are not a dragon," she said, "What we see before us...is in line with that. We are looking at a lamb. Lambs do not take control of their fate...Your heart speaks like a dragon but your mind is the lamb and it is the mind that controls the body."

Tacet Mare shook his head slowly. His lips were pulled in a grim frown. "It may be too late," he murmured, "It will take time and a tremendous amount of effort to reconnect your heart and mind. Even then...the world is harsh..."

Clara Stella fixed her gaze right at Sanctus's head where his eyes were hiding under his hood. Her own gaze was filled with sorrow. "Even if you were to successfully leave your clan...We sincerely pray that you are able to do so...but...we see many futures ending in your doom, little lamb. There are only a few that lead to you finding a successful future. Spring is a time of extreme uncertainty for lambs. There are plenty of wolves eager to feast on the helpless. We pray that you are able to find the courage of a dragon, the dragon that hides in the depths of your heart. You need to find the dragon within to fight off the wolves if you are to find life beyond the spring."
@Scarborough

((You're welcome. As I've been doing this I've wanted to give an answer that has more impact on the dragon that asks it. Giving an answer that is needed instead of what is wanted is how my Mystics operate. Don't worry about not being able to choose, it is no problem. Sanctus is a very interesting but definitely a tricky character. Let's see what my Mystics may have for him.))

Tacet Mare and Noctis Timore sat in silence as they watched Kourasi take his leave of the crystal chamber. The next dragon to come in was a stark contrast to Kourasi in appearance. The cool temperature of the crystal chamber was warmed by the radiance that came from the golden Wildclaw. The mists danced and shifted around the chamber as the light brought energy.

A harsh hiss erupted from Noctis Timore's maw where his fangs were on full display beneath his grisly headdress. His head jerked to where he wasn't looking at Sanctus and he stalked to the back of the chamber from the glowing basin. His heavy clothes rustled and his armored tail scraped against the crystal floor before he settled onto his belly with a solid thump. His eyes were now directed at a crystal wall and his lips were set in a firm line while his body lay rigid.

In a brief moment, Magna Mater and Clara Stella returned to the chamber. Magna Mater turned her head to look at Sanctus before pausing in her step. She regarded him silently before tilting her head to where her mantle hood rustled toward her left. A soft hum rumbled from her throat before she turned away from Sanctus to join Noctis Timore near the back of the cavern.

Tacet Mare and Clara Stella sat at the glowing basin. Both of their eyes were focused on Sanctus as he forced words to come from his throat. Clara Stella's eyes narrowed and her lips pulled into a severe frown.

"No," said Clara Stella, "You are not in the wrong...but..."

Tacet Mare's eyes became glassy and the glowing basin before him began to take on a cold blue hue. His wings folded close to his sides. "You are going to be your greatest challenge to overcome in order to change your fate. It is difficult to shake the loyalties that are created as a hatchling. The ghost of that abandonment still holds fast to your fragile heart."

Clara Stella's face contorted into a grimace. "They taught you that you are not a dragon," she said, "What we see before us...is in line with that. We are looking at a lamb. Lambs do not take control of their fate...Your heart speaks like a dragon but your mind is the lamb and it is the mind that controls the body."

Tacet Mare shook his head slowly. His lips were pulled in a grim frown. "It may be too late," he murmured, "It will take time and a tremendous amount of effort to reconnect your heart and mind. Even then...the world is harsh..."

Clara Stella fixed her gaze right at Sanctus's head where his eyes were hiding under his hood. Her own gaze was filled with sorrow. "Even if you were to successfully leave your clan...We sincerely pray that you are able to do so...but...we see many futures ending in your doom, little lamb. There are only a few that lead to you finding a successful future. Spring is a time of extreme uncertainty for lambs. There are plenty of wolves eager to feast on the helpless. We pray that you are able to find the courage of a dragon, the dragon that hides in the depths of your heart. You need to find the dragon within to fight off the wolves if you are to find life beyond the spring."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Vanshira

((Hmmm, I haven't been paying much attention to the Bounty of the Elements. I'll do my best. Hopefully you enjoy reading what my mystics have to say. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.))

Tacet Mare's harsh snort echoed throughout the crystal chamber and the mists rushed to scatter and then settle once again. The Imperial's azure gaze was sharp and his lip curled slightly. "That's pathetic putting so much burden on young ones," he growled, the sound was foreign to the ears of the other Sanguinem Luna dragons in the chamber. The exception being Magna Mater. She knew how much the Water Flight hurt Tacet Mare.

Standing up from her comfortable position near the back of the chamber, Magna Mater walked up behind Tacet Mare and gently nudged his head away from the scrying pool. Soon enough she was bodily shoving Tacet Mare toward the back of the chamber. "Rest my friend," she said soothingly, "No need to take your frustrations out on the little ones. They had nothing to do with what happened."

Tacet Mare turned his head to glare at Magna Mater. He hissed, "I want them out of here."

Magna Mater smiled kindly at Tacet Mare. She bumped him with her large head again. "Rest," she hummed as if she were admonishing an unruly hatchling.

Tacet Mare's rumble echoed throughout the chamber. He walked to the back of the chamber and settled near Noctis Timore with a heavy thud. A soft chuckle came from Noctis Timore. The mirror was smiling once again in his disconcerting manner.

Clara Stella backed away from the scrying basin. She settled in the shadows of the chamber as well. This left Magna Mater seated at the scrying basin. She was illuminated by its cool light with the mists dancing around her. "Forgive him," she said to the two hatchlings, "It is truly amazing that you both possess such strong powers. However, even the strongest need help every now and again."

The water of the scrying basin suddenly rushed up in a roar and froze into a gleaming crystal. The light within the crystallized water pulsed. "The Tidelord is lost, as are many others," she said, "There is no finding them, not alone. My advice is to perish the thought of going alone from your minds young ones. The others of your flight have wings, tails, and legs. They can swim. They may not have their foresight as they once did since the Tidelord has gone quiet, but that doesn't give them an excuse to not look. Ask them to help. Plan with the rest of your clan, your flight. You can use your gifts to help narrow down the search field. It must be a team effort as you are all part of the Water Flight."

Magna Mater let the water become liquid once again and it settled back into the basin without a splash. "My final words of advice are these little ones, do your best. Help where you can. It is unreasonable of any dragon to expect anything more than that. I wish you both the best in your endeavors."
@Vanshira

((Hmmm, I haven't been paying much attention to the Bounty of the Elements. I'll do my best. Hopefully you enjoy reading what my mystics have to say. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.))

Tacet Mare's harsh snort echoed throughout the crystal chamber and the mists rushed to scatter and then settle once again. The Imperial's azure gaze was sharp and his lip curled slightly. "That's pathetic putting so much burden on young ones," he growled, the sound was foreign to the ears of the other Sanguinem Luna dragons in the chamber. The exception being Magna Mater. She knew how much the Water Flight hurt Tacet Mare.

Standing up from her comfortable position near the back of the chamber, Magna Mater walked up behind Tacet Mare and gently nudged his head away from the scrying pool. Soon enough she was bodily shoving Tacet Mare toward the back of the chamber. "Rest my friend," she said soothingly, "No need to take your frustrations out on the little ones. They had nothing to do with what happened."

Tacet Mare turned his head to glare at Magna Mater. He hissed, "I want them out of here."

Magna Mater smiled kindly at Tacet Mare. She bumped him with her large head again. "Rest," she hummed as if she were admonishing an unruly hatchling.

Tacet Mare's rumble echoed throughout the chamber. He walked to the back of the chamber and settled near Noctis Timore with a heavy thud. A soft chuckle came from Noctis Timore. The mirror was smiling once again in his disconcerting manner.

Clara Stella backed away from the scrying basin. She settled in the shadows of the chamber as well. This left Magna Mater seated at the scrying basin. She was illuminated by its cool light with the mists dancing around her. "Forgive him," she said to the two hatchlings, "It is truly amazing that you both possess such strong powers. However, even the strongest need help every now and again."

The water of the scrying basin suddenly rushed up in a roar and froze into a gleaming crystal. The light within the crystallized water pulsed. "The Tidelord is lost, as are many others," she said, "There is no finding them, not alone. My advice is to perish the thought of going alone from your minds young ones. The others of your flight have wings, tails, and legs. They can swim. They may not have their foresight as they once did since the Tidelord has gone quiet, but that doesn't give them an excuse to not look. Ask them to help. Plan with the rest of your clan, your flight. You can use your gifts to help narrow down the search field. It must be a team effort as you are all part of the Water Flight."

Magna Mater let the water become liquid once again and it settled back into the basin without a splash. "My final words of advice are these little ones, do your best. Help where you can. It is unreasonable of any dragon to expect anything more than that. I wish you both the best in your endeavors."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@bruomihr

((Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is your reading.))

Magna Mater looked up from the scrying pool when the next dragon came in. The heavy fabric of her mantle rustled with her movement as she tilted her head as she looked at the Skydancer that walked in. Her eyes blinked only once before she turned her head away and walked to the back of the chamber before the Skydancer could start speaking. Magna Mater looked to Tacet Mare before she looked toward Clara Stella who now sat at the scrying basin.

Tacet Mare made no move to rise from where he lay at the back of the crystal chamber. His eyes were closed and his forepaws were crossed before him.

Noctis Timore looked to Tacet Mare then Magna Mater. His gaze shifted to the Skydancer that walked in. He was sharing a similar posture with Tacet Mare. His clothes rustled when he shook himself and flicked an ear to relief an itch. Who was this dragon to think she can just come in here and raise her monotone voice, thought Noctis Timore, we're not her subjects.

He rose to his paws with a chilling laugh. His ears pushed up the feathers of his headdress. His tongue clicked harshly, "Tch! Watch your tone. Looks to me your promotion gave you license for pretentiousness."

His glowing blue claws clicked on the crystal floor as he stalked around the glowing basin. He circled around Faramir with a curl to his lip. A harsh snort created a plume of dark mist that erupted from his nostrils. He turned away and trotted around the basin to sit next to Clara Stella.

"Fate does not smile on you Faramir," said Clara Stella, "Spring is the time of new things and the same can be said for love associated with dragons born under the spring sky. The feelings you experienced with her...with the General...was fickle ardor, mere desire."

Clara Stella waved her right forepaw which created a gentle ringing sound in the crystal chamber. "True love is supportive and does not distract the individuals involved from seeing their goals achieved," she said, "Your doubt is warranted. The relationship is not healthy for the two of you and it is even less so for your clan. From what I can see, the relationship that you had with Elia was more one-sided. Elia values her job more than anything."

Clara Stella turned her gaze to look at Faramir. "The beauty about spring is that it is the time for new things," she said, "New flames can be ignited. You will find a love that will be truly supportive."
@bruomihr

((Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is your reading.))

Magna Mater looked up from the scrying pool when the next dragon came in. The heavy fabric of her mantle rustled with her movement as she tilted her head as she looked at the Skydancer that walked in. Her eyes blinked only once before she turned her head away and walked to the back of the chamber before the Skydancer could start speaking. Magna Mater looked to Tacet Mare before she looked toward Clara Stella who now sat at the scrying basin.

Tacet Mare made no move to rise from where he lay at the back of the crystal chamber. His eyes were closed and his forepaws were crossed before him.

Noctis Timore looked to Tacet Mare then Magna Mater. His gaze shifted to the Skydancer that walked in. He was sharing a similar posture with Tacet Mare. His clothes rustled when he shook himself and flicked an ear to relief an itch. Who was this dragon to think she can just come in here and raise her monotone voice, thought Noctis Timore, we're not her subjects.

He rose to his paws with a chilling laugh. His ears pushed up the feathers of his headdress. His tongue clicked harshly, "Tch! Watch your tone. Looks to me your promotion gave you license for pretentiousness."

His glowing blue claws clicked on the crystal floor as he stalked around the glowing basin. He circled around Faramir with a curl to his lip. A harsh snort created a plume of dark mist that erupted from his nostrils. He turned away and trotted around the basin to sit next to Clara Stella.

"Fate does not smile on you Faramir," said Clara Stella, "Spring is the time of new things and the same can be said for love associated with dragons born under the spring sky. The feelings you experienced with her...with the General...was fickle ardor, mere desire."

Clara Stella waved her right forepaw which created a gentle ringing sound in the crystal chamber. "True love is supportive and does not distract the individuals involved from seeing their goals achieved," she said, "Your doubt is warranted. The relationship is not healthy for the two of you and it is even less so for your clan. From what I can see, the relationship that you had with Elia was more one-sided. Elia values her job more than anything."

Clara Stella turned her gaze to look at Faramir. "The beauty about spring is that it is the time for new things," she said, "New flames can be ignited. You will find a love that will be truly supportive."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
(Ooof I hope this is alright! First time using this boy like this. Also, I have to say I love the mystics! Such interesting replies here, and I love their lore. Sorry he doesn't have much in terms of lore and such,) [rule] As the final dragon stepped out, their questions answered, only a moment had passed until a new presence would reenter. But an odd one at that. Light tittering tapping footsteps were audible, a low thrum fading away in the air, the water inside the basin shivering and rippling, before it came still suddenly as the figure arrived. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49212009] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492121/49212009_350.png[/img][/url] Small, but not overly small. An...a baby imperial? No. The Imperial stopped as soon as it had entered, its tail swishing along the ground, metal grazing along the stoney floor. It's swirled gaze was stilted, shifting in hard clicks between each of the member's, before settling on the Matron herself. It was quiet, before his voice came out, dull, monotoned, echoing far along the walls. "I was. [I]Born,[/I] in cold. Briefly warm, then nothing." The swirled gaze then twitched towards Clara Stella, unblinking, the head unmoving. "This. [I]Body,[/I] became...mine, during the endings of the cold season." The dragon then went silent. He shifted on his feet, side by side, wings straining against a brown wrapping that covered and kept them tightly pressed down, tied at the back, continuing to speak but lowering his gaze to the basin. "As you could. [I]Infer.[/I] I am. Not, of this world. I come from, far, far reaches." A hint of a tone pushed rough in the dragon's final words, his gaze finally blinking and shifting away from the basin, sighing, just the faintest amount as he moved his gaze around the room. "Dragons come here for guidance. I need. Guidance... answers. This world.... it [I]confuses[/I] me. I am a stranger but. I don't understand. Why do. [I]They[/I] keep going forward? The sad ones, the... hurting ones. If they don't see worth in the things. Around them. Then why?" "Why are some of [I]Them.[/I] So hateful to others around them? Radiate..." The Imperial tilted his gaze towards Noctis, before pulling it away, blinking as the wings shifted from the wrapped position, uncomfortably. "An energy. Of hate?"
(Ooof I hope this is alright! First time using this boy like this. Also, I have to say I love the mystics! Such interesting replies here, and I love their lore.
Sorry he doesn't have much in terms of lore and such,)
As the final dragon stepped out, their questions answered, only a moment had passed until a new presence would reenter.
But an odd one at that.
Light tittering tapping footsteps were audible, a low thrum fading away in the air, the water inside the basin shivering and rippling, before it came still suddenly as the figure arrived.

49212009_350.png

Small, but not overly small.
An...a baby imperial?
No.
The Imperial stopped as soon as it had entered, its tail swishing along the ground, metal grazing along the stoney floor. It's swirled gaze was stilted, shifting in hard clicks between each of the member's, before settling on the Matron herself.
It was quiet, before his voice came out, dull, monotoned, echoing far along the walls.

"I was. Born, in cold. Briefly warm, then nothing."
The swirled gaze then twitched towards Clara Stella, unblinking, the head unmoving.
"This. Body, became...mine, during the endings of the cold season."

The dragon then went silent.

He shifted on his feet, side by side, wings straining against a brown wrapping that covered and kept them tightly pressed down, tied at the back, continuing to speak but lowering his gaze to the basin.

"As you could. Infer. I am. Not, of this world. I come from, far, far reaches."
A hint of a tone pushed rough in the dragon's final words, his gaze finally blinking and shifting away from the basin, sighing, just the faintest amount as he moved his gaze around the room.
"Dragons come here for guidance. I need. Guidance... answers. This world.... it confuses me. I am a stranger but. I don't understand. Why do. They keep going forward? The sad ones, the... hurting ones. If they don't see worth in the things. Around them. Then why?"

"Why are some of Them. So hateful to others around them? Radiate..."
The Imperial tilted his gaze towards Noctis, before pulling it away, blinking as the wings shifted from the wrapped position, uncomfortably.
"An energy. Of hate?"
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
@VeniVidiVici
((It's fine, he has enough to work off of. Admittedly it was a bit rough to read his dialogue but good on you to keep to his character! Thank you for the kind compliments. Hopefully you'll find the mystics' response a good read. It was a challenge to write since the questions are existential in nature.))

Noctis Timore's lips curled into a broad grin. His ears pushed up the feathers of his headdress and he nearly flipped his head upside down as he looked at the alien parasite infested imperial corpse. "Ooooh," he asked, "Would you look at that? An alien parasite has come to us for answers? How curious! It's questions are boring though. Have fun with it mother!"

Magna Mater did not move from where she lay. She was watching the new arrival. Her tail tip was twitching like a cat's tail would. She cast a glance toward Noctis Timore before a sigh emanated from her throat. Her head shook a little before she refocused her attention onto the alien. "I can see that you experience a lot of hate," she said, "Proud, intelligent species do not like to be criticized and regarded as mere insects to be studied. They also do not respond well to intimidation displays."

Magna Mater slowly rose to her paws. Her mantle rustled and her wings stretched and shifted to settle comfortably on her back. She walked up to the crystal basin and settled onto her haunches. Her head didn't even turn when Clara Stella stepped away. "Your questions are hurting you and your learning," she said, "They are judging in tone, which you need to be mindful of when speaking to a social species. There are a multitude of non-verbal cues that apply to communication which you should be mindful of."

"You are also asking existential questions," she said, "Which has inspired so many great debates between philosophers. I ask you this. Why are you still going forward? Is it some primal biological drive to avoid death? You are not going to find an answer, UNKNOWN. You will spend the rest of your time searching."

Magna Mater was looking at UNKNOWN without even blinking. "You must make a decision for yourself. Is it even worth your time searching for an answer that will never be given to you?"
@VeniVidiVici
((It's fine, he has enough to work off of. Admittedly it was a bit rough to read his dialogue but good on you to keep to his character! Thank you for the kind compliments. Hopefully you'll find the mystics' response a good read. It was a challenge to write since the questions are existential in nature.))

Noctis Timore's lips curled into a broad grin. His ears pushed up the feathers of his headdress and he nearly flipped his head upside down as he looked at the alien parasite infested imperial corpse. "Ooooh," he asked, "Would you look at that? An alien parasite has come to us for answers? How curious! It's questions are boring though. Have fun with it mother!"

Magna Mater did not move from where she lay. She was watching the new arrival. Her tail tip was twitching like a cat's tail would. She cast a glance toward Noctis Timore before a sigh emanated from her throat. Her head shook a little before she refocused her attention onto the alien. "I can see that you experience a lot of hate," she said, "Proud, intelligent species do not like to be criticized and regarded as mere insects to be studied. They also do not respond well to intimidation displays."

Magna Mater slowly rose to her paws. Her mantle rustled and her wings stretched and shifted to settle comfortably on her back. She walked up to the crystal basin and settled onto her haunches. Her head didn't even turn when Clara Stella stepped away. "Your questions are hurting you and your learning," she said, "They are judging in tone, which you need to be mindful of when speaking to a social species. There are a multitude of non-verbal cues that apply to communication which you should be mindful of."

"You are also asking existential questions," she said, "Which has inspired so many great debates between philosophers. I ask you this. Why are you still going forward? Is it some primal biological drive to avoid death? You are not going to find an answer, UNKNOWN. You will spend the rest of your time searching."

Magna Mater was looking at UNKNOWN without even blinking. "You must make a decision for yourself. Is it even worth your time searching for an answer that will never be given to you?"
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
The mystics are still looking to answer questions.
The mystics are still looking to answer questions.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42120991] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421210/42120991_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=2]For a while, the Skydancer hovered, unnoticed, a distance away from the crystalline lair. He was hesitating, flexing his claws nervously into the empty space around him as the ocean unsympathetically roiled below. His stomach turned nervously as he contemplated just flying away. It was certainly the [i]safest[/i] option, as he wouldn't have to admit the things he was about to, but then again, the [i]ache[/i] would never go away either. It took the better part of a half hour to shake off his paralyzing indecision and finally fly forward. As soon as he was greeted by the Guardian, he nodded numbly, realizing there was no turning back now. Somehow he steeled himself for a reply, as quiet and pathetic as it was. "Thank you for taking the time to host me," he nodded towards Magna Mater as she ectored him further inside. The pool was a beautiful sight unto its own, and he took a small amount of calm from its sight. The dragons seated with it seemed to project their own calming aura, which helped him relax a little more. At least, enough to where he found his voice again. The cackling of the Mirror observing didn't perturb him as much either. "Thank you. My name is Adrian, and I was born in the last few weeks of Spring." Silence was all that acknowledged him. He supposed this was the moment where he was meant to talk. He took a deep breath, figuring out what to say and how to say it. [b]"When I was a child, I killed my own brother."[/b] Might as well start with that, rather than flub around it. [b]I...there's something wrong with me. I've lived a long time, longer than most dragons have, and I'm not really sure I'm a dragon at all. I don't know [i]what[/i] I am, but it is definitely some sort of creature. When we were young, my brother took a tumble off a cliff while we were play-fighting. He didn't extend his wings in time to save himself from hitting the rock. I flew down to help him, and to my brief joy, he was still alive. Battered and bloody, but alive. But that joy ended as briefly when I looked at all the blood. It just..called to me. I was suddenly parched beyond belief and I couldn't stop myself from staring. Before I knew it, my fangs were on his neck, gulping the blood down and snuffing out his life." "I ran away from my family as soon as I snapped out of my thirst-driven trance. I left my mother behind, and I know she lived her entire life up to old age knowing one child had died and once disappearing without a trace. I never knew my father, so she was well and truly alone after my leave. Did she think I was dead? Did she hold out hope I was still alive? Did she ever move on or waste away in despair? I was a coward and I never returned to my homeland, and still haven't, even to this day when I know she has been long since dead." "I've been doing my best to make amends since I never did the right thing in the first place and fess up to her. I become a vagabond, never settling down, but using every ounce of my strength and willpower to solely help others for absolutely nothing in return. And this is what I've done...for hundreds of years. I haven't selfishly asked for companionship, or repayment, or anyone to burden with my problems. I've given and given and taken nothing." But can thousands of good deeds really make up for one terrible deed? Its been eating away at me slowly all this time. I still feel empty, stretched thin, exhausted. I don't feel like anything I've done really helped. How can it have? Maybe I helped many others, but was all this self-flagellation done in cowardice rather than selflessness? I'm beginning to think it was easier for me to help every other dragon on Sorienth than the two I really needed to apologize to. And now I won't get the chance anymore. I feel like it selfish to even ask for peace." "What do I need to do to feel whole again, if it's even possible?"[/b] The Skydancer went silent as he awaited their response, a mixture of fresh fear and relief boiled up within him. He had never admitted this to a single soul, and he suddenly felt very exposed, less like the world-savvy dragon he had become, and more like a tiny, vulnerable hatchling again.

42120991_350.png

For a while, the Skydancer hovered, unnoticed, a distance away from the crystalline lair. He was hesitating, flexing his claws nervously into the empty space around him as the ocean unsympathetically roiled below. His stomach turned nervously as he contemplated just flying away. It was certainly the safest option, as he wouldn't have to admit the things he was about to, but then again, the ache would never go away either.

It took the better part of a half hour to shake off his paralyzing indecision and finally fly forward. As soon as he was greeted by the Guardian, he nodded numbly, realizing there was no turning back now. Somehow he steeled himself for a reply, as quiet and pathetic as it was.

"Thank you for taking the time to host me," he nodded towards Magna Mater as she ectored him further inside.

The pool was a beautiful sight unto its own, and he took a small amount of calm from its sight. The dragons seated with it seemed to project their own calming aura, which helped him relax a little more. At least, enough to where he found his voice again. The cackling of the Mirror observing didn't perturb him as much either.

"Thank you. My name is Adrian, and I was born in the last few weeks of Spring." Silence was all that acknowledged him. He supposed this was the moment where he was meant to talk. He took a deep breath, figuring out what to say and how to say it.

"When I was a child, I killed my own brother."

Might as well start with that, rather than flub around it.

I...there's something wrong with me. I've lived a long time, longer than most dragons have, and I'm not really sure I'm a dragon at all. I don't know what I am, but it is definitely some sort of creature. When we were young, my brother took a tumble off a cliff while we were play-fighting. He didn't extend his wings in time to save himself from hitting the rock. I flew down to help him, and to my brief joy, he was still alive. Battered and bloody, but alive.

But that joy ended as briefly when I looked at all the blood. It just..called to me. I was suddenly parched beyond belief and I couldn't stop myself from staring. Before I knew it, my fangs were on his neck, gulping the blood down and snuffing out his life."

"I ran away from my family as soon as I snapped out of my thirst-driven trance. I left my mother behind, and I know she lived her entire life up to old age knowing one child had died and once disappearing without a trace. I never knew my father, so she was well and truly alone after my leave. Did she think I was dead? Did she hold out hope I was still alive? Did she ever move on or waste away in despair? I was a coward and I never returned to my homeland, and still haven't, even to this day when I know she has been long since dead."

"I've been doing my best to make amends since I never did the right thing in the first place and fess up to her. I become a vagabond, never settling down, but using every ounce of my strength and willpower to solely help others for absolutely nothing in return. And this is what I've done...for hundreds of years. I haven't selfishly asked for companionship, or repayment, or anyone to burden with my problems. I've given and given and taken nothing."

But can thousands of good deeds really make up for one terrible deed? Its been eating away at me slowly all this time. I still feel empty, stretched thin, exhausted. I don't feel like anything I've done really helped. How can it have? Maybe I helped many others, but was all this self-flagellation done in cowardice rather than selflessness? I'm beginning to think it was easier for me to help every other dragon on Sorienth than the two I really needed to apologize to. And now I won't get the chance anymore. I feel like it selfish to even ask for peace."

"What do I need to do to feel whole again, if it's even possible?"

The Skydancer went silent as he awaited their response, a mixture of fresh fear and relief boiled up within him. He had never admitted this to a single soul, and he suddenly felt very exposed, less like the world-savvy dragon he had become, and more like a tiny, vulnerable hatchling again.
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15