Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Ask the Mystics-Closed
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
(@Countessoffire
Dhsjskekdk I didn’t know you were into fire emblem, so glad to know that. Which games have you played, who are your favorites xD you can probably see some of my favorites already in the front page of my lair, whoops)
(@Countessoffire
Dhsjskekdk I didn’t know you were into fire emblem, so glad to know that. Which games have you played, who are your favorites xD you can probably see some of my favorites already in the front page of my lair, whoops)
(@TheShanar It took me by surprise to see a letter from Chickweed here on my thread. It also felt a little weird writing a letter but hopefully I did ok. Thank you for stopping by! Unfortunately, Magna Mater was not as impressed.) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21857964] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/218580/21857964_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote name=Magna Mater]Hello Chickweed, I admit I was inclined to throw your letter into the ocean, and my clan mates told me to do so, but that would be a waste of good paper. We do not get very much out here in the furthest reaches of the Starfall Isles. Which begs the question why you would even write to me, especially with such provocative and hostile language. So here it is, your entertainment. I will answer your first question to the best of my ability. My [i]subordinates[/i] as you callously refer to my clan mates are not cajoled into doing what I say by some fear tactics. We lived a nomadic life, surviving the elements together and braving hostile beastclans for a very long time before we settled in the Starfall Isles. They traveled at my side for their own reasons and listen to me only when they want to. I am grateful for their support and companionship everyday. To have them reduced to mere [i]subordinates[/i] that answer to petty [i]persuasion[/i] by some coward hiding in his friend's good graces is insulting to say the least. I understand your predisposition is to judge me as some aggressive brute but I could care less. What I do care about is how you try and drag my clan mates, [i]my family[/i], into your ploys for blackmail. Try it again and you will not just have a crazy wildclaw and her clan after you but me, is that clear? Now on to what I know about what you are really asking. Which would be what could drive a leader to resort to nefarious deeds and what could have lead to her rise in power in the first place. Corriveau is like me in that she is driven to protect her clan. From what, I can not say. Her dreams are dark, twisted, and confusing because of her desire to hunt you down. That same murkiness in her dreams is keeping me from learning anything enlightening about her rise to power. If I ever see her hide near my clan I'm encasing her in crystal and shipping her off to the Southern Icefield to go through with her sentence. It is already dangerous enough out here with the Beastclans. I wish what I knew was more useful to you so that you would leave me and my clan alone. However if I do learn anything about Corriveau then I will notify the proper authorities. From, Magna Mater Sanguinem Luna Clan [/quote]
(@TheShanar

It took me by surprise to see a letter from Chickweed here on my thread. It also felt a little weird writing a letter but hopefully I did ok. Thank you for stopping by! Unfortunately, Magna Mater was not as impressed.)
Magna wrote:
Hello Chickweed,

I admit I was inclined to throw your letter into the ocean, and my clan mates told me to do so, but that would be a waste of good paper. We do not get very much out here in the furthest reaches of the Starfall Isles. Which begs the question why you would even write to me, especially with such provocative and hostile language. So here it is, your entertainment.

I will answer your first question to the best of my ability. My subordinates as you callously refer to my clan mates are not cajoled into doing what I say by some fear tactics. We lived a nomadic life, surviving the elements together and braving hostile beastclans for a very long time before we settled in the Starfall Isles. They traveled at my side for their own reasons and listen to me only when they want to. I am grateful for their support and companionship everyday. To have them reduced to mere subordinates that answer to petty persuasion by some coward hiding in his friend's good graces is insulting to say the least.

I understand your predisposition is to judge me as some aggressive brute but I could care less. What I do care about is how you try and drag my clan mates, my family, into your ploys for blackmail. Try it again and you will not just have a crazy wildclaw and her clan after you but me, is that clear?

Now on to what I know about what you are really asking. Which would be what could drive a leader to resort to nefarious deeds and what could have lead to her rise in power in the first place. Corriveau is like me in that she is driven to protect her clan. From what, I can not say. Her dreams are dark, twisted, and confusing because of her desire to hunt you down. That same murkiness in her dreams is keeping me from learning anything enlightening about her rise to power.

If I ever see her hide near my clan I'm encasing her in crystal and shipping her off to the Southern Icefield to go through with her sentence. It is already dangerous enough out here with the Beastclans.

I wish what I knew was more useful to you so that you would leave me and my clan alone. However if I do learn anything about Corriveau then I will notify the proper authorities.

From,

Magna Mater
Sanguinem Luna Clan
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire (That was great! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Love how Magna Mater saw right though him. [emoji=coatl laughing] )
@Countessoffire
(That was great! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Love how Magna Mater saw right though him. )
7hN3sEu.png
@TheShanar (Thank you! I've seen how much thought and effort that you put into your Letters to Chickweed thread so I wanted to definitely give you the same courtesy. Chickweed is a funny character so it was a great challenge to think about how Magna Mater would respond. [emoji=guardian laughing] )
@TheShanar

(Thank you! I've seen how much thought and effort that you put into your Letters to Chickweed thread so I wanted to definitely give you the same courtesy. Chickweed is a funny character so it was a great challenge to think about how Magna Mater would respond. )
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
The mystics are still looking to answer questions.
The mystics are still looking to answer questions.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51064320] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/510644/51064320_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=7]"[b]FISH WANTS TO KNOW WHAT'S FOR DINNER.[/b]"[/size] The small mirror stated loudly.[/center]
@Countessoffire

51064320_350.png

"FISH WANTS TO KNOW WHAT'S FOR DINNER."
The small mirror stated loudly.
UocvLg3.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48701019] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487011/48701019_350.png[/img] [/url] Chernobog stepped into the cavern, tensing slightly as the light from outside faded. As a Shadow dragon, he had never feared the dark. But there was something about the looming reality of his situation, echoed in the crystal cave before him, that scared him more than he cared to admit. Struggling to steady his voice, he began: “I am Chernobog. I was - I was hatched in the peak of winter.” As he spoke the words, a vision began to form in his mind — a half-formed memory of him many years ago, curled tight in his den, struggling to shiver away the bitter cold... knowing that the few cries for help he managed to squeak out would never reach another dragon’s ear. He shook it away. “I live in the Tangled Wood. My mother rules a kingdom there, but she’s cruel. They call her a demon because she saps the life force of others for fun. She’s killed many dragons, most of them innocent hatchlings. I don’t want to be like her. I want to free the dragons she rules.” Chernobog took a deep breath. The fear that he’d felt before had now coalesced into a heavy weight between his shoulder blades. He didn’t want to admit it, and yet... “I don’t know how... I need help.” [Note: his glowing eyes are something he sort-of got from his mother. Since she’s cursed to drain the magic out of other dragons, he’s overflowing with a small remnant of the power she stores. That extra power shows as his eyes. He knows this and is super self conscious about it, because it connects him to his mother. He’s probably trying to hide them somehow but I couldn’t fit it into the story.] @Countessoffire

48701019_350.png

Chernobog stepped into the cavern, tensing slightly as the light from outside faded. As a Shadow dragon, he had never feared the dark. But there was something about the looming reality of his situation, echoed in the crystal cave before him, that scared him more than he cared to admit. Struggling to steady his voice, he began:

“I am Chernobog. I was - I was hatched in the peak of winter.”

As he spoke the words, a vision began to form in his mind — a half-formed memory of him many years ago, curled tight in his den, struggling to shiver away the bitter cold... knowing that the few cries for help he managed to squeak out would never reach another dragon’s ear. He shook it away.

“I live in the Tangled Wood. My mother rules a kingdom there, but she’s cruel. They call her a demon because she saps the life force of others for fun. She’s killed many dragons, most of them innocent hatchlings. I don’t want to be like her. I want to free the dragons she rules.”

Chernobog took a deep breath. The fear that he’d felt before had now coalesced into a heavy weight between his shoulder blades. He didn’t want to admit it, and yet...

“I don’t know how... I need help.”

[Note: his glowing eyes are something he sort-of got from his mother. Since she’s cursed to drain the magic out of other dragons, he’s overflowing with a small remnant of the power she stores. That extra power shows as his eyes. He knows this and is super self conscious about it, because it connects him to his mother. He’s probably trying to hide them somehow but I couldn’t fit it into the story.]

@Countessoffire
tj85yjR.png BVq8q9P.png nGvTyg3.png
@Countessoffire [i](You may answer this as any of your mystics you see fit, surprise me!) [/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=359553&did=49347609][img]https://i.imgur.com/lQg0ZEy.png[/img] [/url] A horrific beast steps into the cavern, his many legs carrying his weight efficiently. A twin pair of tails drag behind, twitching and shifting just an inch above the time-polished floor. Two sets of wings shudder lightly with a nervous air, a pair of regal antlers adorning the crown of each head, the twin, mirror image fitting eerily similar. Primal eyes glint in the low-light environment, a body full of eyes gazing weightlessly, weightlessly. [size=2][i][b]"We are kourasi, We were hatched from the same egg on the precipice between Winter and Spring."[/b][/i][/size] The dragon, if it can still be called that, took a hesitant step forward, the action contesting with his vicious, cut-throat appearance greatly. Both of the heads pondered on their questions. The leftmost one seems to be troubled, its eyebrows, if it had any, would have been deeply furrowed. The rightmost seemed almost hopeful, a deep sorrow resting in its heart. The leftmost head spoke up first, his voice lilting and melancholic. [size=2][b]"An imperial has taken up refuge in our home to escape an abusive ex-mate years ago, we are afraid of hurting them. They are fragile and lack back legs, their front legs are horribly thin. They can slither quite well, but i worry for their scale health in the future and the possibility of a re-appearance of the ex-mate. They're scared to death of that tiny wildclaw..."[/b][/size] The rightmost head nuzzled the leftmost as if it were to support its half, speaking up next. Its voice was oddly soft, speaking with a honey-soft southern accent. It had a rough texture when the dragon stuttered or choked on its words. [size=2][i]"We've recently begun to harbor feelings for this dragon, but we know imperials fear and hate our kind of folk. They seem to be less afraid of us as the time passed by, but we don't want to risk accidentally biting into them when our nature as Emperors calls and refuses anything but obedience. We care for this dragon truly, but are unaware if they harbor the same feeling. Would it be worth it to explore these emotions, these,, [b]feelings[/b]? even if dragonkind veiw us as the ultimate evil?"[/i][/size]
@Countessoffire
(You may answer this as any of your mystics you see fit, surprise me!)

lQg0ZEy.png

A horrific beast steps into the cavern, his many legs carrying his weight efficiently. A twin pair of tails drag behind, twitching and shifting just an inch above the time-polished floor. Two sets of wings shudder lightly with a nervous air, a pair of regal antlers adorning the crown of each head, the twin, mirror image fitting eerily similar. Primal eyes glint in the low-light environment, a body full of eyes gazing weightlessly, weightlessly.

"We are kourasi, We were hatched from the same egg on the precipice between Winter and Spring."

The dragon, if it can still be called that, took a hesitant step forward, the action contesting with his vicious, cut-throat appearance greatly. Both of the heads pondered on their questions. The leftmost one seems to be troubled, its eyebrows, if it had any, would have been deeply furrowed. The rightmost seemed almost hopeful, a deep sorrow resting in its heart. The leftmost head spoke up first, his voice lilting and melancholic.

"An imperial has taken up refuge in our home to escape an abusive ex-mate years ago, we are afraid of hurting them. They are fragile and lack back legs, their front legs are horribly thin. They can slither quite well, but i worry for their scale health in the future and the possibility of a re-appearance of the ex-mate. They're scared to death of that tiny wildclaw..."

The rightmost head nuzzled the leftmost as if it were to support its half, speaking up next. Its voice was oddly soft, speaking with a honey-soft southern accent. It had a rough texture when the dragon stuttered or choked on its words.

"We've recently begun to harbor feelings for this dragon, but we know imperials fear and hate our kind of folk. They seem to be less afraid of us as the time passed by, but we don't want to risk accidentally biting into them when our nature as Emperors calls and refuses anything but obedience. We care for this dragon truly, but are unaware if they harbor the same feeling. Would it be worth it to explore these emotions, these,, feelings? even if dragonkind veiw us as the ultimate evil?"
246.png IT/XE/HE - 20
WISH LIST
ART SHOP

"Somewhere deep inside me fester memories and dreams.."
@ShadewingRising

((Thank you for telling me. Chernobog is an interesting character. Let's see what advice my mystics can offer to your hero. Hopefully it will be useful.))

The crystal cavern was silent and a chill set in to freeze the swirling mists. A cold, grey light was cast by the glowing crystal basin before Tacet Mare and Clara Stella. Tacet Mare's eyes fell closed and his wings gradually stretched outward to cover more of the crystal walls in shadow. The creak of the armor adorning the imperial mystic's wings was an eerie sound that echoed off of the walls, as if distant wails were crying out.

The wails grew in volume until the surface of the glowing basin began to bubble and hiss. Tacet Mare's eyes snapped open and the wails were silenced. The surface of the water in the crystal basin was still once more. "Do not avert your eyes, young Chernobog," whispered Tacet Mare in his deep voice, "The magic that you inherited from your mother holds no sway here."

Clara Stella straightened up and shook her head to wake herself from the trance she had fallen into. She turned her head to fix Chernobog into her gaze. "So a savior has finally been born to Crowcoast," she murmured, "This is good. The winds of change can finally blow and bring healing to Crowcoast...but first...destruction...destruction must be the prelude or else none of what you hope for will come to pass."

Tacet Mare nodded his head up and down slowly. "You have heard the cries of misery from those that fell prey to your mother," he said, "You must let that become your war cry to encourage you forward because...ultimately...you will face your mother alone."

Clara Stella lifted her forepaws to make gentle jingling sounds with her jewelry that adorned her. "The power that you inherited from your mother will be her undoing. You are immune to her and so you will be able to defeat her in combat. However you must take care of your people first. The minute your mother is slain, destruction will befall the land surrounding her. To truly save your people you must garner the aid of those in the kingdom capable of leading the people away from the battle. Deny your mother her source of power and you will be able to fight with clarity."

Tacet Mare said, "Land can recover. It is impossible to recover lives lost. So, to save Crowcoast, save the civilians. Get them out so that you can fight without having their lives weighing on your shoulders."

Clara Stella nodded. "Make friends, they will be willing to help you. Your people are ready for the winds of change to blow too so you should be able to find the support you need. There is never any shame in asking for help."
@ShadewingRising

((Thank you for telling me. Chernobog is an interesting character. Let's see what advice my mystics can offer to your hero. Hopefully it will be useful.))

The crystal cavern was silent and a chill set in to freeze the swirling mists. A cold, grey light was cast by the glowing crystal basin before Tacet Mare and Clara Stella. Tacet Mare's eyes fell closed and his wings gradually stretched outward to cover more of the crystal walls in shadow. The creak of the armor adorning the imperial mystic's wings was an eerie sound that echoed off of the walls, as if distant wails were crying out.

The wails grew in volume until the surface of the glowing basin began to bubble and hiss. Tacet Mare's eyes snapped open and the wails were silenced. The surface of the water in the crystal basin was still once more. "Do not avert your eyes, young Chernobog," whispered Tacet Mare in his deep voice, "The magic that you inherited from your mother holds no sway here."

Clara Stella straightened up and shook her head to wake herself from the trance she had fallen into. She turned her head to fix Chernobog into her gaze. "So a savior has finally been born to Crowcoast," she murmured, "This is good. The winds of change can finally blow and bring healing to Crowcoast...but first...destruction...destruction must be the prelude or else none of what you hope for will come to pass."

Tacet Mare nodded his head up and down slowly. "You have heard the cries of misery from those that fell prey to your mother," he said, "You must let that become your war cry to encourage you forward because...ultimately...you will face your mother alone."

Clara Stella lifted her forepaws to make gentle jingling sounds with her jewelry that adorned her. "The power that you inherited from your mother will be her undoing. You are immune to her and so you will be able to defeat her in combat. However you must take care of your people first. The minute your mother is slain, destruction will befall the land surrounding her. To truly save your people you must garner the aid of those in the kingdom capable of leading the people away from the battle. Deny your mother her source of power and you will be able to fight with clarity."

Tacet Mare said, "Land can recover. It is impossible to recover lives lost. So, to save Crowcoast, save the civilians. Get them out so that you can fight without having their lives weighing on your shoulders."

Clara Stella nodded. "Make friends, they will be willing to help you. Your people are ready for the winds of change to blow too so you should be able to find the support you need. There is never any shame in asking for help."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Scarborough

((Hm, what a very interesting set of lore. Thanks for stopping by and giving me this lovely challenge! Hopefully you enjoy it, I wasn't all that familiar with Emperors. So it was definitely fun to write! I feel so sorry for Kore though!))

Clara Stella turns her head to look at Tacet Mare. Her tail tip was twitching side to side and her gaze seemed to bore into the Imperial seated on her right. The shifting of her tail was making her jewelry jingle a merry sound that was distorted by striking the crystal floor. "He has come on behalf of Kore," she murmured.

Tacet Mare's grunt rippled from his throat, "Hmph..."

Clara Stella was about to speak but then Tacet Mare's voice cut her off. "No, I will handle this. Clara Stella, Magna Mater...please leave the chamber."

Clara Stella's eyes widened and the shocked jerk of her head was echoed by Magna Mater, who had been quietly seated near the back of the crystal chamber. Magna Mater rose to her paws and her violet eyes were fierce from worry. Her voice was a low growl from concern, "Tacet Mare?"

The glassiness of Tacet Mare's eyes was gone, replaced with a sharp clarity that brooked no tolerance for protest. "My Lady," he growled, "Leave this chamber. Take Clara Stella with you."

Magna Mater and Clara Stella both took their leave of the crystal chamber. They repeatedly shot concerned looks over their shoulders at Tacet Mare and even Noctis Timore. The dark mirror's twisted grin remained as he stalked up to the crystal basin with its bright glowing water. His cloth rippled as his shoulders moved in smooth circles while his foreclaws flexed. The clicking of his glowing claw tips striking the crystal echoed off the walls to create a skittering sound.

Noctis Timore's horrible laugh broke the eerie stillness of the chamber. "The short answer would be no, Kourasi."

The light from the crystal basin before Tacet Mare and Noctis Timore faded into a sickly green that shifted and flickered. It was ghastly and the very air of the crystal chamber began to reek of decay. Tacet Mare and Noctis Timore were cast in the horrible light, their eyes disappearing into the shadowy gloom caused by the dim lighting.

Tacet Mare's voice rumbled, like thunder heard off in the distance that heralded the storm to come. "The story you share with Kore is toxic, born from Kore's weakness and also yours. The catalyst is Aedis, and it will not end well...he will return...There is no possibility. He will return and neither of you are capable of handling that encounter as you are..."

Tacet Mare's head shook side to side. "Kore uses you as a crutch and shield. That is not always a bad thing to lean on others for help but he is no longer his own dragon, which is the problem. If you two are to even have a remote possibility of a healthy relationship then he needs to find his bravery once more and be able to stand up for himself. Kore cares for you, which means that you have a significant amount of influence over him because of you representing his safety."

Tacet Mare lifted his left forepaw and pointed a claw at Kourasi. "Your weakness lies in the twisted nature of your soul," he said, "That initial disrespect for life that caused you to experiment on those that should have rightfully been left to rest in peace. Your feelings have been born of that same toxic curiosity. There is an obsessive and vain pretentiousness side to you that will interfere."

Tacet Mare waved his left forepaw and the sickly green mists shifted. "The success of your relationship with Kore, and ultimately the defeat of Aedis, will depend on Kore becoming his own dragon and you will have to decide if you are truly feeling curiosity or love. If you only feel curiosity Kourasi, then you need to walk away. If it is truly love that you feel..."

A heavy sigh escaped Tacet Mare.

"If it is truly love that you feel...you will have the fight of a lifetime to contend with for the rest of your days...not with any foe out there...but the monster within."

The sickly green color of the light faded back to the dim white color that the crystal chamber was before the session. The rancid smell of decay was gone and replaced by the fresh smell of water once again.

Noctis Timore chuckled. "As for the scales," he said, "A good antiseptic and some moisturizing salves will probably help. A healthy diet that focuses on scale growth wouldn't hurt either."
@Scarborough

((Hm, what a very interesting set of lore. Thanks for stopping by and giving me this lovely challenge! Hopefully you enjoy it, I wasn't all that familiar with Emperors. So it was definitely fun to write! I feel so sorry for Kore though!))

Clara Stella turns her head to look at Tacet Mare. Her tail tip was twitching side to side and her gaze seemed to bore into the Imperial seated on her right. The shifting of her tail was making her jewelry jingle a merry sound that was distorted by striking the crystal floor. "He has come on behalf of Kore," she murmured.

Tacet Mare's grunt rippled from his throat, "Hmph..."

Clara Stella was about to speak but then Tacet Mare's voice cut her off. "No, I will handle this. Clara Stella, Magna Mater...please leave the chamber."

Clara Stella's eyes widened and the shocked jerk of her head was echoed by Magna Mater, who had been quietly seated near the back of the crystal chamber. Magna Mater rose to her paws and her violet eyes were fierce from worry. Her voice was a low growl from concern, "Tacet Mare?"

The glassiness of Tacet Mare's eyes was gone, replaced with a sharp clarity that brooked no tolerance for protest. "My Lady," he growled, "Leave this chamber. Take Clara Stella with you."

Magna Mater and Clara Stella both took their leave of the crystal chamber. They repeatedly shot concerned looks over their shoulders at Tacet Mare and even Noctis Timore. The dark mirror's twisted grin remained as he stalked up to the crystal basin with its bright glowing water. His cloth rippled as his shoulders moved in smooth circles while his foreclaws flexed. The clicking of his glowing claw tips striking the crystal echoed off the walls to create a skittering sound.

Noctis Timore's horrible laugh broke the eerie stillness of the chamber. "The short answer would be no, Kourasi."

The light from the crystal basin before Tacet Mare and Noctis Timore faded into a sickly green that shifted and flickered. It was ghastly and the very air of the crystal chamber began to reek of decay. Tacet Mare and Noctis Timore were cast in the horrible light, their eyes disappearing into the shadowy gloom caused by the dim lighting.

Tacet Mare's voice rumbled, like thunder heard off in the distance that heralded the storm to come. "The story you share with Kore is toxic, born from Kore's weakness and also yours. The catalyst is Aedis, and it will not end well...he will return...There is no possibility. He will return and neither of you are capable of handling that encounter as you are..."

Tacet Mare's head shook side to side. "Kore uses you as a crutch and shield. That is not always a bad thing to lean on others for help but he is no longer his own dragon, which is the problem. If you two are to even have a remote possibility of a healthy relationship then he needs to find his bravery once more and be able to stand up for himself. Kore cares for you, which means that you have a significant amount of influence over him because of you representing his safety."

Tacet Mare lifted his left forepaw and pointed a claw at Kourasi. "Your weakness lies in the twisted nature of your soul," he said, "That initial disrespect for life that caused you to experiment on those that should have rightfully been left to rest in peace. Your feelings have been born of that same toxic curiosity. There is an obsessive and vain pretentiousness side to you that will interfere."

Tacet Mare waved his left forepaw and the sickly green mists shifted. "The success of your relationship with Kore, and ultimately the defeat of Aedis, will depend on Kore becoming his own dragon and you will have to decide if you are truly feeling curiosity or love. If you only feel curiosity Kourasi, then you need to walk away. If it is truly love that you feel..."

A heavy sigh escaped Tacet Mare.

"If it is truly love that you feel...you will have the fight of a lifetime to contend with for the rest of your days...not with any foe out there...but the monster within."

The sickly green color of the light faded back to the dim white color that the crystal chamber was before the session. The rancid smell of decay was gone and replaced by the fresh smell of water once again.

Noctis Timore chuckled. "As for the scales," he said, "A good antiseptic and some moisturizing salves will probably help. A healthy diet that focuses on scale growth wouldn't hurt either."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15