Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Ask the Mystics-Closed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@rei711 ((Sorry about the delay. The cosmic energies of the universe saw it fit to temporarily blind the mystics. [emoji=guardian tongue] Haha, hopefully you enjoy this reading too.)) Tacet Mare blinked slowly and tilted his head to his right. He watched the strange phenomenon that was this starry Imperial walking into the crystal chamber. Whatever energy that radiated from the starry imperial was reacting to the crystals of the Crystal Spire walls, to create the illusion of a grove in summer. It was interesting to see arcane magic interacting with a being born of the stars. His eyes finally fell closed as a deep breath passed through him. Tacet Mare's wings stretched outward slowly and the light of the crystal basin settled into a gentle pale blue light. Clara Stella was also fixated on the starry Imperial. She watched him with steady and thoughtful eyes. "Words are easily passed along on the wind," she said, "It is certain that there are rumors about us." Noctis Timore's ears rose up with interest. The feathers of his headdress were pushed up as well. He tilted his head to the side and a grisly smile began to twist his visage. The fabric of his dark robes rustled as he stood up and approached the crystal basin. He settled to the right of Tacet Mare so that now there were three dragons seated around the crystal basin to look at the starry Imperial. He produced an eerie laugh, "You're a long way from home Alastor and it would seem you've already been throwing your weight around." Clara Stella looked to Noctis Timore but then returned her gaze to Alastor. "It is truly heartwarming to see that you are willing to sacrifice your chance to return home in order to keep your partner company." Tacet Mare slowly opened his eyes. His gaze was glassy as he stared down into his glowing basin. "Your chances of returning home were gone when you spent too much mana hunting souls," he said, "When eating a large meal, it is wise to take small bites. However you and your partner have learned that the hard way. Unfortunately the heavenly angels operate on a basis of absolutes. You and your partner absolutely can not return to the heavens because you have wasted your mana and spent too much time on the mortal plane." Clara Stella lifted her left forepaw which made the bangles and jewelry on her foreleg shift and ring beautifully. "That is not necessarily a terrible sentence," she said, "You have your partner and she has you. The both of you can continue your work, making the world a better place. The difference being that you will have to adopt mortal methods of doing so. Physically defeating and retraining wrongdoers to take them to face judgement being one." Noctis Timore chuckled. "My mother over there is one such dragon that you could take wrongdoers to," he said. His focus was directed at Magna Mater standing off to the side. Magna Mater tilted her head to her left side. "I could but so can you Noctis Timore," she said, "We both have the means to punish wrongdoers." Magna Mater looked to Alastor. "It is entirely up to you and your partner, Alastor."
@rei711

((Sorry about the delay. The cosmic energies of the universe saw it fit to temporarily blind the mystics. Haha, hopefully you enjoy this reading too.))

Tacet Mare blinked slowly and tilted his head to his right. He watched the strange phenomenon that was this starry Imperial walking into the crystal chamber. Whatever energy that radiated from the starry imperial was reacting to the crystals of the Crystal Spire walls, to create the illusion of a grove in summer. It was interesting to see arcane magic interacting with a being born of the stars.

His eyes finally fell closed as a deep breath passed through him. Tacet Mare's wings stretched outward slowly and the light of the crystal basin settled into a gentle pale blue light.

Clara Stella was also fixated on the starry Imperial. She watched him with steady and thoughtful eyes. "Words are easily passed along on the wind," she said, "It is certain that there are rumors about us."

Noctis Timore's ears rose up with interest. The feathers of his headdress were pushed up as well. He tilted his head to the side and a grisly smile began to twist his visage. The fabric of his dark robes rustled as he stood up and approached the crystal basin. He settled to the right of Tacet Mare so that now there were three dragons seated around the crystal basin to look at the starry Imperial. He produced an eerie laugh, "You're a long way from home Alastor and it would seem you've already been throwing your weight around."

Clara Stella looked to Noctis Timore but then returned her gaze to Alastor. "It is truly heartwarming to see that you are willing to sacrifice your chance to return home in order to keep your partner company."

Tacet Mare slowly opened his eyes. His gaze was glassy as he stared down into his glowing basin. "Your chances of returning home were gone when you spent too much mana hunting souls," he said, "When eating a large meal, it is wise to take small bites. However you and your partner have learned that the hard way. Unfortunately the heavenly angels operate on a basis of absolutes. You and your partner absolutely can not return to the heavens because you have wasted your mana and spent too much time on the mortal plane."

Clara Stella lifted her left forepaw which made the bangles and jewelry on her foreleg shift and ring beautifully. "That is not necessarily a terrible sentence," she said, "You have your partner and she has you. The both of you can continue your work, making the world a better place. The difference being that you will have to adopt mortal methods of doing so. Physically defeating and retraining wrongdoers to take them to face judgement being one."

Noctis Timore chuckled. "My mother over there is one such dragon that you could take wrongdoers to," he said. His focus was directed at Magna Mater standing off to the side.

Magna Mater tilted her head to her left side. "I could but so can you Noctis Timore," she said, "We both have the means to punish wrongdoers."

Magna Mater looked to Alastor. "It is entirely up to you and your partner, Alastor."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
(@Countessoffire
No problem, I still love it either way. I night just send another dragon your way for a reading now that I've been messing around with lore again, but that'll likely wait til after I finish the lore for that dragon.)
(@Countessoffire
No problem, I still love it either way. I night just send another dragon your way for a reading now that I've been messing around with lore again, but that'll likely wait til after I finish the lore for that dragon.)
@rei711 I'm glad you enjoy the readings. Whenever any of your dragons are looking for a reading, just send them over to my mystics. There is no rush. [emoji=guardian happy]
@rei711

I'm glad you enjoy the readings. Whenever any of your dragons are looking for a reading, just send them over to my mystics. There is no rush.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
The mystics are still looking to answer questions.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire Here's another one :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49357114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493572/49357114_350.png[/img] [/url] The skydancer's breath forms a plume of smoke when she steps into the cavern. Each movement is elegant, deliberate, self-assured. The silks adorning her body swish every so faintly as she strides over to stand before the group of mystics. There is a brief pause, before she dips into a graceful curtsey, locking eyes with each of the four dragons as she stands back upright. It seemed that the tales she had heard across the lands had not been false. Rosa had heard her fair share of folk tales, of legends and myths alike passed down from generations, had even danced to the songs from such stories, but this was no fairytale, that much was for sure. "I am Rosa, born in winter, and..." her lips twist into a wry smile, "on the day that many like to call the day of love, Valentine's Day. Tell me, wise ones, what do you see in my future? Will I still be in my rightful place on the stage, will I ever fulfill this dream of mine - of conquering every stage in this world? What do I need, in order to make this wish come true?"
@Countessoffire
Here's another one :D

49357114_350.png

The skydancer's breath forms a plume of smoke when she steps into the cavern. Each movement is elegant, deliberate, self-assured. The silks adorning her body swish every so faintly as she strides over to stand before the group of mystics. There is a brief pause, before she dips into a graceful curtsey, locking eyes with each of the four dragons as she stands back upright.
It seemed that the tales she had heard across the lands had not been false. Rosa had heard her fair share of folk tales, of legends and myths alike passed down from generations, had even danced to the songs from such stories, but this was no fairytale, that much was for sure.
"I am Rosa, born in winter, and..." her lips twist into a wry smile, "on the day that many like to call the day of love, Valentine's Day. Tell me, wise ones, what do you see in my future? Will I still be in my rightful place on the stage, will I ever fulfill this dream of mine - of conquering every stage in this world? What do I need, in order to make this wish come true?"
@rei711 ((Thank you for bringing her by. [emoji=guardian laughing] She is an intriguing character and almost makes me think of the dancer unit type in the Fire Emblem games. It was different so I definitely wanted to put some thought into this.)) Noctis Timore was the first to respond. A horrible snort erupted from his nostrils, distorted by the headdress that he was adorned with. "Shallow the dragon," he hissed, "Shallow the question." A yawn broke up Noctis Timore's grisly visage only to reveal a jaw of ferocious fangs. He turned away and settled in the back of the crystal cavern for a nap. His body curled up until he was nothing more than a lump of dark cloth and leathery wings in the gloom behind the two mystics seated at the basin. Tacet Mare released a soft sigh and his eyes slowly closed. His head dipped in a contemplative bow. The light of his scrying basin faded from the warm hue to a cold, if not possibly lifeless, grey. "I hate agreeing with him," murmured Tacet Mare, "But I must. The fancies from youth have persisted into adulthood it would seem. There is a rigidness, despite the grace that is possible in those limbs. Like a column of ice that doesn't realize that it is melting as winter gives way to spring's fresh winds." Clara Stella hummed thoughtfully as she listened to Tacet Mare's words. Her tail tip flicked and her jewelry jingled merrily as she shifted to stand on her haunches. She tossed up her right forepaw and the mist of the cavern froze in place. "It is interesting that you mention the holiday that you did," said Clara Stella, "It holds the answer to your query, young one. Let me ask you this and perhaps it will help. Why did you become a dancer? I want to hear it in your voice."
@rei711

((Thank you for bringing her by. She is an intriguing character and almost makes me think of the dancer unit type in the Fire Emblem games. It was different so I definitely wanted to put some thought into this.))

Noctis Timore was the first to respond. A horrible snort erupted from his nostrils, distorted by the headdress that he was adorned with. "Shallow the dragon," he hissed, "Shallow the question."

A yawn broke up Noctis Timore's grisly visage only to reveal a jaw of ferocious fangs. He turned away and settled in the back of the crystal cavern for a nap. His body curled up until he was nothing more than a lump of dark cloth and leathery wings in the gloom behind the two mystics seated at the basin.

Tacet Mare released a soft sigh and his eyes slowly closed. His head dipped in a contemplative bow. The light of his scrying basin faded from the warm hue to a cold, if not possibly lifeless, grey. "I hate agreeing with him," murmured Tacet Mare, "But I must. The fancies from youth have persisted into adulthood it would seem. There is a rigidness, despite the grace that is possible in those limbs. Like a column of ice that doesn't realize that it is melting as winter gives way to spring's fresh winds."

Clara Stella hummed thoughtfully as she listened to Tacet Mare's words. Her tail tip flicked and her jewelry jingled merrily as she shifted to stand on her haunches. She tossed up her right forepaw and the mist of the cavern froze in place. "It is interesting that you mention the holiday that you did," said Clara Stella, "It holds the answer to your query, young one. Let me ask you this and perhaps it will help. Why did you become a dancer? I want to hear it in your voice."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47992663] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/479927/47992663.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote name="Chickweed" date="2019-04-12 07:49:52" ] Dear Magna Mater, I apologize for being unable to meet you in person, but I hope that you’ll accept this letter. I have heard that you are a Clan Leader, one who commands love and respect from your subordinates. If I may ask, how do you persuade your dragons to follow you? Some say fear, others love, and I admit I’m more inclined towards the former. Still, I’d love to hear the perspective of someone in a leadership position. I imagine the information will be very useful. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@Countessoffire
Chickweed wrote on 2019-04-12 07:49:52:
Dear Magna Mater,

I apologize for being unable to meet you in person, but I hope that you’ll accept this letter. I have heard that you are a Clan Leader, one who commands love and respect from your subordinates. If I may ask, how do you persuade your dragons to follow you?

Some say fear, others love, and I admit I’m more inclined towards the former. Still, I’d love to hear the perspective of someone in a leadership position. I imagine the information will be very useful.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
(@Countessoffire
YES, THAT WAS THE VIBE I WAS GOING FOR, GLAD YOU RECOGNISED THE INDIRECT REFERENCE.
I absolutely love fire emblem, and when I designed her outfit, I realised she reminded me of Tethys in terms of aesthetic, so I decided to write her in as a traveling dancer and see if anyone got it or not XD)
(@Countessoffire
YES, THAT WAS THE VIBE I WAS GOING FOR, GLAD YOU RECOGNISED THE INDIRECT REFERENCE.
I absolutely love fire emblem, and when I designed her outfit, I realised she reminded me of Tethys in terms of aesthetic, so I decided to write her in as a traveling dancer and see if anyone got it or not XD)
(@rei711 I love Fire Emblem so much. I love strategy games in general but Fire Emblem is among my favorites for sure. Now that you mention Tethys I definitely see the aesthetic resemblance. Very cool! [emoji=guardian laughing] )
(@rei711

I love Fire Emblem so much. I love strategy games in general but Fire Emblem is among my favorites for sure. Now that you mention Tethys I definitely see the aesthetic resemblance. Very cool! )
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15