Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Ask the Mystics-Closed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
The mystics are still looking to answer questions.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49971299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499713/49971299_350.png[/img] [/url] Ashe would not have come here without purpose. As leader of the Avarosans, she could not afford to be away from her clan for long - she was their core, the very being who held them all together. Many saw her as the reincarnation of Avarosa herself, the goddess they all worshipped, simply because of the bow of True Ice she wielded, but what they all failed to recall was that she was still no more than a youth in dragon years, barely into her prime. Where she stood, she faced countless threats from the other nations she fought to forge alliances with, and plenty more from the factions within her own clan - a group comprised out of many smaller clans, bound together by their faith in the goddess Avarosa. Yet she, who was only so young, had been forced to assume the mantle of Warmother after her mother had perished in the quest for Avarosa's throne. "I am Ashe, of the Avarosans, born in winter's chill. Tell me, wise ones...how can I lead my people, who see me as a goddess reincarnate, [i]when I can only do so much?"[/i]
@Countessoffire

49971299_350.png

Ashe would not have come here without purpose. As leader of the Avarosans, she could not afford to be away from her clan for long - she was their core, the very being who held them all together. Many saw her as the reincarnation of Avarosa herself, the goddess they all worshipped, simply because of the bow of True Ice she wielded, but what they all failed to recall was that she was still no more than a youth in dragon years, barely into her prime.
Where she stood, she faced countless threats from the other nations she fought to forge alliances with, and plenty more from the factions within her own clan - a group comprised out of many smaller clans, bound together by their faith in the goddess Avarosa. Yet she, who was only so young, had been forced to assume the mantle of Warmother after her mother had perished in the quest for Avarosa's throne.
"I am Ashe, of the Avarosans, born in winter's chill. Tell me, wise ones...how can I lead my people, who see me as a goddess reincarnate, when I can only do so much?"
@rei711

((Hopefully you like it.))

The first to speak, or at least release a chuckle, was Noctis Timore. His eyes glinted from the shadows as he peered at Ashe from behind Tacet Mare and the scrying basin. His lips were drawn into a grin where his fangs caught the greying light of the basin. His voice rippled with mirth, "Must be doing right by them if your people regard you as a goddess reincarnate, Warmother."

Tacet Mare's eyes fell closed and his great wings unfurled. He inhaled before releasing a heavy exhale that echoed off of the crystal walls with a sound like the wail of the wind heard from distant mountains. It was the herald to a frigid chill that overtook the entire cavern. The mists still swirled but did so slowly, mimicking how snow flurries fall. The grey light that was produced by the glowing basin was muted and gave the shadows on Tacet Mare and Clara Stella's faces room to grow.

"The question comes from a young heart starting to feel spring's thaw," murmured Tacet Mare, "Like a wolf lost to the snow during the winter...blinded by grief...and heart iced over by the sense of abandonment...and deafened by the howling of the blizzards...The wolf is confused when the seasons change and the scent of family is near."

The mists began to form the shape of a wolf. The wolf was trudging steadily through the air, as if walking through deep snow. However the wolf's pace speeds up as if the snow was melting away from around its paws. The wolf was soon running as if it picked up on the trail of something.

"The wolf returns to the pack," he continued, "They howl in their time of rejoicing but the lone one is yet still lost. The lone one fights, hunts, and bleeds for family; even going so far as to bring in new wolves."

The lone wolf in the mist is soon joined by several more mist wolves. They bounce around each other before they start running together around the crystal cavern.

"Spring is in full," continued Tacet Mare. The crystal cavern was suddenly bathed in a warm light instead of the grey. The lone mist wolf separated itself from the rest of the pack.

"The changes that come overwhelm the lone one however...the pack is there and will remain there at the lone one's side. The pack is always stronger than a single wolf." The pack of mist wolves chased after the lone one and soon all were back to running together again.

Tacet Mare flapped his wings once and the rush of air made the mist wolves disappear. The cold air of the cavern was now warm once again. Tacet Mare opened his eyes and looked to Ashe.

The blue Imperial's voice rippled sonorously like a gentle river, "A true leader's strength comes from those that support the leader," he said, "You are but one member of the pack, young Ashe. You may be your pack's alpha, however that does not mean that you must shoulder the pack's burdens alone."

Magna Mater rose to her paws. She stepped up to the crystal basin to stand between Tacet Mare and Clara Stella. Her eyes looked kindly at Ashe. "Remember that there are two words that form your title," she said, "War and Mother. You want to know the part of that title that your people care most about? Mother. Lead with a nurturing paw, Ashe. Delegate tasks to others when you are at your limit. Your family will be delighted to be able to have such an important task as helping their mother."
@rei711

((Hopefully you like it.))

The first to speak, or at least release a chuckle, was Noctis Timore. His eyes glinted from the shadows as he peered at Ashe from behind Tacet Mare and the scrying basin. His lips were drawn into a grin where his fangs caught the greying light of the basin. His voice rippled with mirth, "Must be doing right by them if your people regard you as a goddess reincarnate, Warmother."

Tacet Mare's eyes fell closed and his great wings unfurled. He inhaled before releasing a heavy exhale that echoed off of the crystal walls with a sound like the wail of the wind heard from distant mountains. It was the herald to a frigid chill that overtook the entire cavern. The mists still swirled but did so slowly, mimicking how snow flurries fall. The grey light that was produced by the glowing basin was muted and gave the shadows on Tacet Mare and Clara Stella's faces room to grow.

"The question comes from a young heart starting to feel spring's thaw," murmured Tacet Mare, "Like a wolf lost to the snow during the winter...blinded by grief...and heart iced over by the sense of abandonment...and deafened by the howling of the blizzards...The wolf is confused when the seasons change and the scent of family is near."

The mists began to form the shape of a wolf. The wolf was trudging steadily through the air, as if walking through deep snow. However the wolf's pace speeds up as if the snow was melting away from around its paws. The wolf was soon running as if it picked up on the trail of something.

"The wolf returns to the pack," he continued, "They howl in their time of rejoicing but the lone one is yet still lost. The lone one fights, hunts, and bleeds for family; even going so far as to bring in new wolves."

The lone wolf in the mist is soon joined by several more mist wolves. They bounce around each other before they start running together around the crystal cavern.

"Spring is in full," continued Tacet Mare. The crystal cavern was suddenly bathed in a warm light instead of the grey. The lone mist wolf separated itself from the rest of the pack.

"The changes that come overwhelm the lone one however...the pack is there and will remain there at the lone one's side. The pack is always stronger than a single wolf." The pack of mist wolves chased after the lone one and soon all were back to running together again.

Tacet Mare flapped his wings once and the rush of air made the mist wolves disappear. The cold air of the cavern was now warm once again. Tacet Mare opened his eyes and looked to Ashe.

The blue Imperial's voice rippled sonorously like a gentle river, "A true leader's strength comes from those that support the leader," he said, "You are but one member of the pack, young Ashe. You may be your pack's alpha, however that does not mean that you must shoulder the pack's burdens alone."

Magna Mater rose to her paws. She stepped up to the crystal basin to stand between Tacet Mare and Clara Stella. Her eyes looked kindly at Ashe. "Remember that there are two words that form your title," she said, "War and Mother. You want to know the part of that title that your people care most about? Mother. Lead with a nurturing paw, Ashe. Delegate tasks to others when you are at your limit. Your family will be delighted to be able to have such an important task as helping their mother."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire I love this, and while I might not add it to her bio right now since it's still messy, I just bookmarked this page xD just so I can read it again. In the meantime, try one of my lore dragons!(though, her lore is technically shared with her partner Soskropaar, if you'd like, perhaps take a read through it for more ideas?) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49133625] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491337/49133625_350.png[/img] [/url] Even after so many years spent by the side of her mate, sometimes she really didn't know what he was thinking. So it had been, when he had plunged the blood crystal into her chest and changed her completely, the blood magic had spread through her body like mercury through her veins. That day was the day she had begun to lose him. To her, Soskropaar's once-inquisitive expression had melted into someone else's face, as if wearing the guise of her companion. Soslunfeyn knew she had gotten lucky - what else could you call it when a god himself grants your wish? - in restoring Soskropaar to his former self, but even now the thought of losing him to his own magic once more troubled her even with the enchanted necklace she had given him. "Greetings, mystics. I, who was born in winter's reach, come here with a request not borne of just myself, but for my mate. Once, he nearly lost himself completely to the corruption of his own blood magic. The corruption is held at bay with a necklace gifted to me from a wish-granting deity, but yet...why do I still fear for him? How can I bring him back to me, if this one item fails?"
@Countessoffire
I love this, and while I might not add it to her bio right now since it's still messy, I just bookmarked this page xD just so I can read it again. In the meantime, try one of my lore dragons!(though, her lore is technically shared with her partner Soskropaar, if you'd like, perhaps take a read through it for more ideas?)

49133625_350.png

Even after so many years spent by the side of her mate, sometimes she really didn't know what he was thinking.
So it had been, when he had plunged the blood crystal into her chest and changed her completely, the blood magic had spread through her body like mercury through her veins. That day was the day she had begun to lose him. To her, Soskropaar's once-inquisitive expression had melted into someone else's face, as if wearing the guise of her companion. Soslunfeyn knew she had gotten lucky - what else could you call it when a god himself grants your wish? - in restoring Soskropaar to his former self, but even now the thought of losing him to his own magic once more troubled her even with the enchanted necklace she had given him.
"Greetings, mystics. I, who was born in winter's reach, come here with a request not borne of just myself, but for my mate. Once, he nearly lost himself completely to the corruption of his own blood magic. The corruption is held at bay with a necklace gifted to me from a wish-granting deity, but yet...why do I still fear for him? How can I bring him back to me, if this one item fails?"
@Countessoffire [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12974361] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/129744/12974361_350.png[/img] [/url] The Skydancer looked around, slightly scared. He'd traveled so far to try and help his clanmate, he couldn't back down now. He took a deep breath and began to speak. [i]"My name is Sycamore, born in the middle of spring."[/i] He bowed his head to the three mystics. [i]"There are members of my clan who are... not among the living anymore, but they still linger. They're trapped here. Is there anyway I can help them to move on to a life of peace?"[/i] He asked, fiddling with the hem of his cloak. [i]"They're good people, and I just want them to be happy."[/i]
@Countessoffire

12974361_350.png

The Skydancer looked around, slightly scared. He'd traveled so far to try and help his clanmate, he couldn't back down now.
He took a deep breath and began to speak.
"My name is Sycamore, born in the middle of spring." He bowed his head to the three mystics.
"There are members of my clan who are... not among the living anymore, but they still linger. They're trapped here. Is there anyway I can help them to move on to a life of peace?" He asked, fiddling with the hem of his cloak. "They're good people, and I just want them to be happy."
Mira | He/They | FR +14
@rei711

((Thank you, it really makes me feel good that you enjoy reading it. :) Your two lore dragons here, were their names based off of Skyrim? Their story is definitely bone-chilling. Poor Soslunfeyn! This was definitely a challenge to write, thank you for giving me the opportunity!))

The cavern fell into a cold silence, even the mists slowed down and did not swirl. The four Sanguinem Luna clan dragons looked at Soslunfeyn and at varying times their eyes fell closed. Heavy breaths caused them to inhale and exhale, even Noctis Timore's smile had fallen into a mirthless sneer. The dark mirror male was the first to move. He rose to his paws and stalked around the basin to sit before it.

The cavern was overtaken by a crimson light, eerie and familiar to the Sanguinem Luna dragons. The light bathed Noctis Timore in a terrifying halo. His head turned to look behind himself at his clan mates. "Don't step into my territory you two," he hissed at Tacet Mare and Clara Stella.

Tacet Mare's heavy sigh echoed throughout the cavern. "It doesn't take a mystic to see how this will end. She is all yours Noctis Timore."

Clara Stella nodded her head. "Agreed, poor thing."

Noctis Timore returned his sinister gaze to Soslunfeyn. His lips were curled to reveal his fangs, not in a mocking smile, but a disgusted snarl. "Gifts from deities are double-edged swords," said Noctis Timore, "There is no if the jewel will fail. The jewel from the deity will fail. You have your mate, or at least the memory of him, thanks to that trinket that he wears. The price of it will be that he will return to his current, and appropriate state of mind in due time."

Noctis Timore sniffed. "Your fear comes from your instinct's knowledge of the truth. You still love him, despite what he has wrought upon you. Deep in your soul, you know the truth. He will never return to being yours. He made his decision long ago when he valued his usefulness to his leader as opposed to his loyalty to you as your mate. His ambition will return a thousand fold, as his obsession has been allowed to grow under the veil of the deity's magic."

Noctis Timore's tongue clicked and his lips slowly twisted into his mirthless sneer once again. "You want a true solution that will stop the corruption that has overtaken him? Kill him; stop his twisted ambition, his obsession. Grant him peace."

Noctis Timore broke into a bone-chilling laugh. He rose to his paws and walked into the back of the chamber still laughing. "Blood magic always has its price and you're both paying for it dearly!"

In the shadows at the back of the chamber, Noctis Timore sat down. His lips still held the sneer. "Of course," he whispered, "I could always help you...help you both...to change that tragic fate..."

Tacet Mare opened his eyes to glare at Noctis Timore's back. "She's already been hurt enough by false hope, you snake!"

Tacet Mare rose to his paws. His head shook sadly. "The future we see for you and your mate is tragic," he said, "The hope of your love for each other is all but faded now. There is the slightest of chances that you can bring him back to loving you again but it will fall upon him. He will have to let go. I wish you the best of luck in trying to sway him to do such a thing."
@rei711

((Thank you, it really makes me feel good that you enjoy reading it. :) Your two lore dragons here, were their names based off of Skyrim? Their story is definitely bone-chilling. Poor Soslunfeyn! This was definitely a challenge to write, thank you for giving me the opportunity!))

The cavern fell into a cold silence, even the mists slowed down and did not swirl. The four Sanguinem Luna clan dragons looked at Soslunfeyn and at varying times their eyes fell closed. Heavy breaths caused them to inhale and exhale, even Noctis Timore's smile had fallen into a mirthless sneer. The dark mirror male was the first to move. He rose to his paws and stalked around the basin to sit before it.

The cavern was overtaken by a crimson light, eerie and familiar to the Sanguinem Luna dragons. The light bathed Noctis Timore in a terrifying halo. His head turned to look behind himself at his clan mates. "Don't step into my territory you two," he hissed at Tacet Mare and Clara Stella.

Tacet Mare's heavy sigh echoed throughout the cavern. "It doesn't take a mystic to see how this will end. She is all yours Noctis Timore."

Clara Stella nodded her head. "Agreed, poor thing."

Noctis Timore returned his sinister gaze to Soslunfeyn. His lips were curled to reveal his fangs, not in a mocking smile, but a disgusted snarl. "Gifts from deities are double-edged swords," said Noctis Timore, "There is no if the jewel will fail. The jewel from the deity will fail. You have your mate, or at least the memory of him, thanks to that trinket that he wears. The price of it will be that he will return to his current, and appropriate state of mind in due time."

Noctis Timore sniffed. "Your fear comes from your instinct's knowledge of the truth. You still love him, despite what he has wrought upon you. Deep in your soul, you know the truth. He will never return to being yours. He made his decision long ago when he valued his usefulness to his leader as opposed to his loyalty to you as your mate. His ambition will return a thousand fold, as his obsession has been allowed to grow under the veil of the deity's magic."

Noctis Timore's tongue clicked and his lips slowly twisted into his mirthless sneer once again. "You want a true solution that will stop the corruption that has overtaken him? Kill him; stop his twisted ambition, his obsession. Grant him peace."

Noctis Timore broke into a bone-chilling laugh. He rose to his paws and walked into the back of the chamber still laughing. "Blood magic always has its price and you're both paying for it dearly!"

In the shadows at the back of the chamber, Noctis Timore sat down. His lips still held the sneer. "Of course," he whispered, "I could always help you...help you both...to change that tragic fate..."

Tacet Mare opened his eyes to glare at Noctis Timore's back. "She's already been hurt enough by false hope, you snake!"

Tacet Mare rose to his paws. His head shook sadly. "The future we see for you and your mate is tragic," he said, "The hope of your love for each other is all but faded now. There is the slightest of chances that you can bring him back to loving you again but it will fall upon him. He will have to let go. I wish you the best of luck in trying to sway him to do such a thing."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Warriorgirl1234

((Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet Sycamore. I really liked his bio. He's such a sweetheart.))

Noctis Timore produced a ragged sound of disgust from the gloom of the cavern behind Tacet Mare.

Tacet Mare's lip curled in a smirk and he turned his head to look at Noctis Timore. The basin before Tacet Mare gave off a pleasant and peaceful glow. "What's the matter Noctis Timore," he asked, "Can't stand something wholesome?"

"Ugh," hissed Noctis Timore, "His intentions are just so disgustingly pure!"

Tacet Mare chuckled and returned his gaze to Sycamore. "Pay him no mind," he said, "You are among friends here Sycamore. Please, relax."

Clara Stella smiled kindly at Sycamore as she watched him fiddle with the hem of his cloak. Her bangles created a merry sound as she tossed her right forepaw up toward the ceiling of the cavern. "Spring is a time for new things to flourish," she said, "It is a season of change but also a season of healing."

The ceiling of the cavern was lit up with a bright display of a sunny spring sky with fluffy white clouds. The air of the cavern was tranquil with no hint of a cold chill.

"Like your namesake," she continued, "Your heart is steadfast and your influence brings peace to those that seek shelter under your wings, Librarian."

The spring sky on the ceiling of the cavern soon was joined by the sprawling branches of a sycamore tree. The leaves were bright from the spring sun landing on them.

"You say that your clan mates are trapped," she said, "That is not necessarily true. They may linger because they decide to. As their friend, do as you've always done. Show kindness and companionship. If they wish to move on, they shall do so on their own. It is not your place to judge where they belong, only support them as their friend in their decisions. Your presence alone is a healing balm to them, so have no fear of their fate."
@Warriorgirl1234

((Thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet Sycamore. I really liked his bio. He's such a sweetheart.))

Noctis Timore produced a ragged sound of disgust from the gloom of the cavern behind Tacet Mare.

Tacet Mare's lip curled in a smirk and he turned his head to look at Noctis Timore. The basin before Tacet Mare gave off a pleasant and peaceful glow. "What's the matter Noctis Timore," he asked, "Can't stand something wholesome?"

"Ugh," hissed Noctis Timore, "His intentions are just so disgustingly pure!"

Tacet Mare chuckled and returned his gaze to Sycamore. "Pay him no mind," he said, "You are among friends here Sycamore. Please, relax."

Clara Stella smiled kindly at Sycamore as she watched him fiddle with the hem of his cloak. Her bangles created a merry sound as she tossed her right forepaw up toward the ceiling of the cavern. "Spring is a time for new things to flourish," she said, "It is a season of change but also a season of healing."

The ceiling of the cavern was lit up with a bright display of a sunny spring sky with fluffy white clouds. The air of the cavern was tranquil with no hint of a cold chill.

"Like your namesake," she continued, "Your heart is steadfast and your influence brings peace to those that seek shelter under your wings, Librarian."

The spring sky on the ceiling of the cavern soon was joined by the sprawling branches of a sycamore tree. The leaves were bright from the spring sun landing on them.

"You say that your clan mates are trapped," she said, "That is not necessarily true. They may linger because they decide to. As their friend, do as you've always done. Show kindness and companionship. If they wish to move on, they shall do so on their own. It is not your place to judge where they belong, only support them as their friend in their decisions. Your presence alone is a healing balm to them, so have no fear of their fate."
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@Countessoffire (Another one, because I can't get enough of your readings.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47103196] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471032/47103196_350.png[/img] [/url] Crimson mist pools around his ankles, fog-like tendrils snaking ahead of his path and unfurling across the clearing as Alastor steps within the grove. A stark contrast to the leafy greens all around him, the starry patterns across his scales seem to almost glitter and swirl in the dim light. Once, he would not have dreamed of finding such a mystical place on the mortal realm, would have thought that a place with such strong magical energy only existed in the heavens where he belonged. Yet he finds himself driven to wandering this world, so tiny and yet so very strange with its complexities, and so here he is now. "You are the rumoured mystics I've been hearing about, yes?" His voice is low, but something about it rings clear and true as a bell. "I...do not belong on this realm. Neither does my partner. Yet we are trapped here all the same. Is this what fate has in mind for us, or is there something we can do to while away the tedium of spending an eternity here? Or," his breath hitches at this, "is there a way we can go back?"
@Countessoffire
(Another one, because I can't get enough of your readings.)

47103196_350.png

Crimson mist pools around his ankles, fog-like tendrils snaking ahead of his path and unfurling across the clearing as Alastor steps within the grove. A stark contrast to the leafy greens all around him, the starry patterns across his scales seem to almost glitter and swirl in the dim light.
Once, he would not have dreamed of finding such a mystical place on the mortal realm, would have thought that a place with such strong magical energy only existed in the heavens where he belonged. Yet he finds himself driven to wandering this world, so tiny and yet so very strange with its complexities, and so here he is now.
"You are the rumoured mystics I've been hearing about, yes?" His voice is low, but something about it rings clear and true as a bell. "I...do not belong on this realm. Neither does my partner. Yet we are trapped here all the same. Is this what fate has in mind for us, or is there something we can do to while away the tedium of spending an eternity here? Or," his breath hitches at this, "is there a way we can go back?"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15