Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Naming help?
So, I just picked up this boy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48001526] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480016/48001526_350.png[/img] [/url] The owner didn't want him, but I came up with a gorgeous scry for him that I fell in love with, so I asked for him and the original owner obliged. So, now I'm saving up money to make him this: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=7&bodygene=15&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=33&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=22&auth=c32bdfeedb2df77821d4c58e5082940868855b99&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I've even started developing lore for him: He was born blind (his ice rare eyes look like he has bad cataracts on his adult form?) and he uses echolocation to find his way around. He eventually develops a mutual fascination with dolphins through their use of echolocation and becomes a sort of dolphin whisperer. His mimicking nature as a Nocturne helps him to fit right in with them, becoming assimilated into their group and becoming one with the dolphins. But, there's one thing missing: [b]he needs a name.[/b] So, any ideas?
So, I just picked up this boy.

48001526_350.png

The owner didn't want him, but I came up with a gorgeous scry for him that I fell in love with, so I asked for him and the original owner obliged. So, now I'm saving up money to make him this:
dragon?age=1&body=7&bodygene=15&breed=11&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=33&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=22&auth=c32bdfeedb2df77821d4c58e5082940868855b99&dummyext=prev.png

I've even started developing lore for him: He was born blind (his ice rare eyes look like he has bad cataracts on his adult form?) and he uses echolocation to find his way around. He eventually develops a mutual fascination with dolphins through their use of echolocation and becomes a sort of dolphin whisperer. His mimicking nature as a Nocturne helps him to fit right in with them, becoming assimilated into their group and becoming one with the dolphins.

But, there's one thing missing: he needs a name. So, any ideas?
PFU56VO.png
Cetacea (because dolphins)
Dusky (because it's a dolphin + dragon has constellation hahaha)
eswSnrS.pngMUYNhfy.png
kCHWEjf.pngYMPbu9R.png
OOOO I love that lore, and what a pretty boy! Here's some ideas:

Marlin
Reverb
Radio
Sonar
Nubbynose (i was trying to think of something like a bottlenose dolphine... hmm)
... Grubnose?
Chirpsong
North
Whiteout
Aurore
... and Squirt

Hopefully one of these helps!
OOOO I love that lore, and what a pretty boy! Here's some ideas:

Marlin
Reverb
Radio
Sonar
Nubbynose (i was trying to think of something like a bottlenose dolphine... hmm)
... Grubnose?
Chirpsong
North
Whiteout
Aurore
... and Squirt

Hopefully one of these helps!
tumblr_inline_obv8f1tIqK1tvk22u_500.gifk5foxrd.giftumblr_inline_obv8f1tIqK1tvk22u_500.gif
[quote name="nitsuj" date="2018-12-29 21:34:50" ] Cetacea (because dolphins) Dusky (because it's a dolphin + dragon has constellation hahaha) [/quote] @nitsuj I love the use of the scientific name! But, it just isn't doing it for me here. I do like Dusky, though. I think it'd be a nice nickname that he obtains after bonding with dolphins, with something else dusk-related being his actual name.
nitsuj wrote on 2018-12-29 21:34:50:
@nitsuj I love the use of the scientific name! But, it just isn't doing it for me here. I do like Dusky, though. I think it'd be a nice nickname that he obtains after bonding with dolphins, with something else dusk-related being his actual name.
PFU56VO.png
Y?gure is the Japanese word for dusk
Aoi hoshi is for blue star
iruka means dolphin
borealis
or StarSpinner
Y?gure is the Japanese word for dusk
Aoi hoshi is for blue star
iruka means dolphin
borealis
or StarSpinner
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!