Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Theme Week: Bound to Mimic
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][b][size=2]Not official lore. The below short story is strictly for Theme Week purposes.[/size][/b][/center] ----- [br] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/NotN2018-Unofficial-For-Theme-Week-Only-Lore.png[/img][/center] [br] [i]“Heheheheheh.”[/i] The laughter reverberated through the misty forest, echoing maniacally into the distance. The trio looked at each other, worry etched on their faces. [i]“Heheheheheh.”[/i] The Nocturne’s head lolled to one side, eyes wide with a smile that was just a little too wide for comfort. “What do we do?” one of the three whispered in a shaking voice. “We do what we were told to do,” said the dragon in the middle. “We escape the lair and we hide.” “But...with...with…?” the third stammered, twitching its head in the direction of the giggling Nocturne. Through gritted teeth, the middle dragon choked down a rising swell of fear. “Yes. They’re our friend. We don’t leave friends behind.” The three observing dragons reached out to each other, linking their claws in a chain slowly, as to not disturb their maddened companion. “Something in the lair did this. We have to get them away from here.” [i]“Heeheeheeheeheehahahahahaha…”[/i] The Nocturne’s giggling increased in pitch and frequency, head rolling towards the three, registering their presence. The dragon’s grin grew wider, body lurching forward, claws grasping towards the other three. [i]“Heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee!”[/i] The Nocturne suddenly leapt, falling upon the closest dragon, both bodies hitting the ground with a shriek. “Get ‘em off me! Help, help meeee!” The other two watched, frozen in horror as their Nocturne’s talons wrapped around the fallen dragon’s neck. [i]“Heeheeheehahahaha!” [/i] Another shriek cut through their shock and the two remaining dragons threw themselves forward to save the third. And then everything went black. They couldn’t see each other, they couldn’t even feel the ground beneath them. The world was silent, save for a whisper of a song, dancing just out of reach. When the darkness lifted, their friend lay on the ground gasping, staring up at a swirling mass of tiny stars holding the mad Nocturne aloft. as they watched the feral dragon’s face relax, drifting off into a deep slumber. The stars gently laid the sleeping dragon on the ground. As the quiet song faded away, the stars rose into the air, and began shifting into a living constellation, the outline of a female Nocturne forming around it. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/292505/29250492_350.png[/img][/center] “My name is Shadowsong. Your lair has fallen, and at the claws of your own clan’s Nocturnes,” she intoned. [i]“Are they traitors?!”[/i] “No, not traitors. They’re victims of a creature we call a mimic. I’ve broken its influence on this one, but in order to save your lair, you must act. Sornieth is in danger and it will take every free dragon to save it.” She waved a wing over the sleeping dragon below her. “This one will sleep here safely while you find and destroy the mimic.” [i]“But how?”[/i] “What a mimic lacks in physical strength they make up for in influence and magic. One of your clanmates must have come across a mimic when it emerged for this long night. To enter your lair, the mimic used their magic to bond itself to them. Instead of seeing the creature, your clanmate saw an item of great value to hoard. If you find that dragon, you’ll find the mimic.” Shadowsong moved to each of them one by one, laying a single talon on their forehead. A different song whispered past each of them as she did. “Your Nocturne clanmates under the Mimic’s influence will not see you. The one it bonded itself to...let’s hope we’re not too late.” She paused. Then Shadowsong continued, her dark eyes filled with sorrow. “The non-Nocturne dragons in your clan are likely injured or imprisoned. Possibly worse. You mustn’t allow yourselves to be distracted. [i]Find the mimic.[/i]” She rose up, her swirl of constellations blending into the night sky. “Move carefully, move quickly. I, or one of my kind, will return. If you succeed, we will be able to save your clanmates.” “What if we don’t?” the dragon laying on the ground asked. “If you don’t, you’ll be dead,” Shadowsong replied as she disappeared into a cloud of night and stars. The middle dragon looked back down at their sleeping friend and took a deep breath before speaking. “Let’s get started.” [br] ----- [br] [center][size=2]Not official lore. The above short story is strictly for Theme Week purposes.[/size][/center]
Not official lore. The below short story is strictly for Theme Week purposes.

NotN2018-Unofficial-For-Theme-Week-Only-Lore.png

“Heheheheheh.”

The laughter reverberated through the misty forest, echoing maniacally into the distance. The trio looked at each other, worry etched on their faces.

“Heheheheheh.” The Nocturne’s head lolled to one side, eyes wide with a smile that was just a little too wide for comfort.

“What do we do?” one of the three whispered in a shaking voice.

“We do what we were told to do,” said the dragon in the middle. “We escape the lair and we hide.”

“But...with...with…?” the third stammered, twitching its head in the direction of the giggling Nocturne.

Through gritted teeth, the middle dragon choked down a rising swell of fear. “Yes. They’re our friend. We don’t leave friends behind.”

The three observing dragons reached out to each other, linking their claws in a chain slowly, as to not disturb their maddened companion.

“Something in the lair did this. We have to get them away from here.”

“Heeheeheeheeheehahahahahaha…” The Nocturne’s giggling increased in pitch and frequency, head rolling towards the three, registering their presence. The dragon’s grin grew wider, body lurching forward, claws grasping towards the other three. “Heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee!”

The Nocturne suddenly leapt, falling upon the closest dragon, both bodies hitting the ground with a shriek. “Get ‘em off me! Help, help meeee!”

The other two watched, frozen in horror as their Nocturne’s talons wrapped around the fallen dragon’s neck. “Heeheeheehahahaha!”

Another shriek cut through their shock and the two remaining dragons threw themselves forward to save the third.

And then everything went black.

They couldn’t see each other, they couldn’t even feel the ground beneath them. The world was silent, save for a whisper of a song, dancing just out of reach. When the darkness lifted, their friend lay on the ground gasping, staring up at a swirling mass of tiny stars holding the mad Nocturne aloft. as they watched the feral dragon’s face relax, drifting off into a deep slumber.

The stars gently laid the sleeping dragon on the ground. As the quiet song faded away, the stars rose into the air, and began shifting into a living constellation, the outline of a female Nocturne forming around it.
29250492_350.png

“My name is Shadowsong. Your lair has fallen, and at the claws of your own clan’s Nocturnes,” she intoned.

“Are they traitors?!”

“No, not traitors. They’re victims of a creature we call a mimic. I’ve broken its influence on this one, but in order to save your lair, you must act. Sornieth is in danger and it will take every free dragon to save it.” She waved a wing over the sleeping dragon below her. “This one will sleep here safely while you find and destroy the mimic.”

“But how?”

“What a mimic lacks in physical strength they make up for in influence and magic. One of your clanmates must have come across a mimic when it emerged for this long night. To enter your lair, the mimic used their magic to bond itself to them. Instead of seeing the creature, your clanmate saw an item of great value to hoard. If you find that dragon, you’ll find the mimic.”

Shadowsong moved to each of them one by one, laying a single talon on their forehead. A different song whispered past each of them as she did. “Your Nocturne clanmates under the Mimic’s influence will not see you. The one it bonded itself to...let’s hope we’re not too late.” She paused. Then Shadowsong continued, her dark eyes filled with sorrow. “The non-Nocturne dragons in your clan are likely injured or imprisoned. Possibly worse. You mustn’t allow yourselves to be distracted. Find the mimic.

She rose up, her swirl of constellations blending into the night sky. “Move carefully, move quickly. I, or one of my kind, will return. If you succeed, we will be able to save your clanmates.”

“What if we don’t?” the dragon laying on the ground asked.

“If you don’t, you’ll be dead,” Shadowsong replied as she disappeared into a cloud of night and stars.

The middle dragon looked back down at their sleeping friend and took a deep breath before speaking.

“Let’s get started.”

Not official lore. The above short story is strictly for Theme Week purposes.

Questions:
  • From your lair, who are the three (3) dragons?
  • How did their clan/lair fall?
  • Do they find the mimic?
  • Do they defeat the mimic?
All replies to this thread must have a dragon in it. "Claim" posts are not allowed.

Questions:
  • From your lair, who are the three (3) dragons?
  • How did their clan/lair fall?
  • Do they find the mimic?
  • Do they defeat the mimic?
All replies to this thread must have a dragon in it. "Claim" posts are not allowed.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16228559] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162286/16228559_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]akatsuki[/b], the assassin. she helped out during last year's events, and is the only shot the clan's got at surviving this time around. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21519951] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215200/21519951_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]furuta[/b], the trickster. he gleefully watches the chaos unfold while he looks for something to get out of it for himself. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46525646] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/465257/46525646_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]justice[/b], the gaoler. while he may not know much about nocturnes and their, ahem, [i]problems[/i], his abilities are the key to uncovering the mimic. [/center] ----- Akatsuki sighed. "You'd think they'd [i]learn[/i] by now, not to fall for these kinds of things. Can't say I don't understand them, but..." She looked around. "It gets tiring. But, Shadowsong - you look different." "For better or worse?" Furuta interrupted the conversation, in the same way he always loved to do. The grin on his face implied the latter answer, but none dared acknowledge his presence - out of fear he might [i]enjoy[/i] it. "Just... different. I don't know. Experience changes you. So do these kinds of things. I know it as well as she, believe me." "Oh, I believe you. It's so [i]funny[/i], watching the lot of you go mad. Utter chaos. Ha!" "[i]Shut it, will you?![/i] If the rest of the Clan doesn't take your throat, I'll gladly have it. Follow me if you're considering being useful - if not, stay out of my way." The Coatl turned away, walking towards the wooden gate that formed the Clan's entrance, and served as a good reminded of just how [i]defenseless[/i] the whole thing was. Not that it mattered. The danger had been coming from within, this time; a painful exception that no one was really sure how to deal with. The Clan's best mages had already been working together, trying to either keep the affected dragons - that tragic breed she'd considered her family once - from reaching the frenzy point, or keeping those who were already there from doing any damage. And yet, things are still different when your best mages are losing control themselves. Beat seemed aware of what was happening, but her increased panicking would soon lead to her downfall if it hadn't already. Yume? She could wonder if he'd even put in the effort to [i]try [/i]anything, but if he did... She had to hurry. There was no time to be wasted on checking if the Spiral still followed her, nor any to ensure his safety. He knew how to navigate the darkness as well as she did, and if anything happened to him, it'd take some convincing for her to see it as anything other than a good riddance. Right now, there was one other dragon she needed to find... Why, right at this moment, did Shiroe and Blake have to leave? They knew Shadowsong! They knew how to deal with this! They had power - but even they couldn't predict that this would happen right as they went on yet another of their recent research trips. Akatsuki couldn't resent either of them, and certainly not the one she'd pledged her dagger to, but it was hard not to feel a little upset at the way things played out. At the same time, she had to thank them. It was the two of them, after all, that brought [i]him[/i] back. As Akatsuki entered Blake's tent, it was hard not to feel a pang of relief as she saw the hatchling sitting exactly where she'd hoped he would be. With all that had been going on outside, a hatchling left alone would be [i]asking[/i] for disaster - especially a blind one, that had no knowledge of the outside world. Or the present world in general, for that matter. Would these mimics have existed, thousands of years ago? It was a nice thought to get lost in, but one she didn't have time for. Instead, she needed to focus on the hatchling before her, and how to safely get him to come along. "Who are you?" The child's voice was, in some ways, a powerful one. It still belonged to a mere hatchling, but it held something deeper. Experience, or simply knowledge? It was difficult to tell. The hatchling was sitting on the large, wooden table that dominated the center of the tent. He appeared almost like a Tundra, but not quite - something was [i]wrong[/i]. Was it the unusual underbite his little fangs formed? His uncommonly large size, compared to the other Tundra children that ran around? The horns, slightly too large, and the wings, slightly too small? Or was it just his eyes, that seemed to look nowhere in particular and straight through their target at the same time? "I know you're here. Who are you?" The Coatl neared. "I am Akatsuki. Blake, the one who looks after you, is away. Are- are you the Gaoler child? Justice? Can we talk?" "Talk?" He seemed puzzled. Akatsuki laid out a claw on the table, before the Gaoler; she wasn't sure whether he'd notice it or not, but she had to show her intent in [i]some[/i] way. "We're in danger, here. I helped Blake with this before, but this time, she's away, and so you have to help me in her stead. Is that OK?" "I... I don't know what you mean." "Alright, erm..." Akatsuki frowned. Dealing with hatchlings wasn't her forte; neither was dealing with ancient beings. Then again, she had to be lucky her work involved neither of those. "There's something outside. A monster. But, we can't find it; it's a good liar, and good at disguises. Justice, I was told you're very good at spotting liars?" "I think... I have to find whoever is guilty. Um, is that... is that alright? Is that what you want?" "Yes, that should be enough. Now, come, Justice. There's something here in the Clan that doesn't belong here." Akatsuki opened her arms up, ready to take the Gaoler with her. "We'll have to find it." Justice's steps were hesitant, but he still moved forward. As he carefully let himself drop into her arms, trusting her not to let him fall, he let out a deep, cold breath. [i]Was this his purpose?[/i] "My, how [i]special[/i]," a voice from next to the tent called out. "A real, live Gaoler, huh? First come the rumors of Emperors - next, this!" "Furuta. I'd hoped you'd been taken by them, by now." Akatsuki scowled. "You believe in [i]those[/i] sorts of rumors, but when our clan - no, [i]we[/i] - are under this kind of attack... you just stand and watch?" "Pah! What else should I do; go and get myself killed? No, thank you. Anyways, what do you say I fly down south and go ask the ol' Warden what he thinks about all this? Or, well... how much would you pay for me [i]not[/i] to do it?" "I'd like to see you try. See how long it takes before he tosses you into his prison." The young Gaoler stirred. "I don't like it here," Justice said, only faintly audible to the dragon holding him and none other. "I don't like him." "No one does, Justice." "No, I mean..." His little face turned to a frown, but he could not continue before the Spiral came in again. "Well, it's been good. Doesn't seem [i]you're[/i] gonna be of much use to me, though; not if you're this boring. Look outside for a bit! Isn't it amazing to watch? Everyone's driving themselves insane - it's [i]hilarious![/i]" It was his flourish that followed which drew Akatsuki's attention to something - the cards this trickster carried with him. Certainly, everyone knew he [i]always[/i] had them with him; as a fortune teller and gambler, he couldn't do either without. But this night, as they shot into the air, they seemed more lively than usual. "Enjoying yourself, [i]aren't you.[/i]" Akatsuki growled. Would she take him down first, or figure out how to deal with whatever [i]that[/i] was? Both? No matter which, she'd have to act fast. Before the others would fall. At last, then, the Gaoler found a chance to speak, his small body now trembling as he raised a single claw, pointing straight at the topmost card - the Joker, that flashed a grin at its attention, just as its owner had done. "I meant... I meant that he sounds... guilty."

16228559_350.png

akatsuki, the assassin.
she helped out during last year's events, and is the only shot the clan's got at surviving this time around.

21519951_350.png

furuta, the trickster.
he gleefully watches the chaos unfold while he looks for something to get out of it for himself.

46525646_350.png

justice, the gaoler.
while he may not know much about nocturnes and their, ahem, problems, his abilities are the key to uncovering the mimic.

Akatsuki sighed.

"You'd think they'd learn by now, not to fall for these kinds of things. Can't say I don't understand them, but..." She looked around. "It gets tiring. But, Shadowsong - you look different."

"For better or worse?" Furuta interrupted the conversation, in the same way he always loved to do. The grin on his face implied the latter answer, but none dared acknowledge his presence - out of fear he might enjoy it.

"Just... different. I don't know. Experience changes you. So do these kinds of things. I know it as well as she, believe me."

"Oh, I believe you. It's so funny, watching the lot of you go mad. Utter chaos. Ha!"

"Shut it, will you?! If the rest of the Clan doesn't take your throat, I'll gladly have it. Follow me if you're considering being useful - if not, stay out of my way."

The Coatl turned away, walking towards the wooden gate that formed the Clan's entrance, and served as a good reminded of just how defenseless the whole thing was.

Not that it mattered. The danger had been coming from within, this time; a painful exception that no one was really sure how to deal with. The Clan's best mages had already been working together, trying to either keep the affected dragons - that tragic breed she'd considered her family once - from reaching the frenzy point, or keeping those who were already there from doing any damage.

And yet, things are still different when your best mages are losing control themselves. Beat seemed aware of what was happening, but her increased panicking would soon lead to her downfall if it hadn't already. Yume? She could wonder if he'd even put in the effort to try anything, but if he did...

She had to hurry.

There was no time to be wasted on checking if the Spiral still followed her, nor any to ensure his safety. He knew how to navigate the darkness as well as she did, and if anything happened to him, it'd take some convincing for her to see it as anything other than a good riddance. Right now, there was one other dragon she needed to find...

Why, right at this moment, did Shiroe and Blake have to leave? They knew Shadowsong! They knew how to deal with this! They had power - but even they couldn't predict that this would happen right as they went on yet another of their recent research trips. Akatsuki couldn't resent either of them, and certainly not the one she'd pledged her dagger to, but it was hard not to feel a little upset at the way things played out.

At the same time, she had to thank them. It was the two of them, after all, that brought him back.

As Akatsuki entered Blake's tent, it was hard not to feel a pang of relief as she saw the hatchling sitting exactly where she'd hoped he would be. With all that had been going on outside, a hatchling left alone would be asking for disaster - especially a blind one, that had no knowledge of the outside world. Or the present world in general, for that matter.

Would these mimics have existed, thousands of years ago?

It was a nice thought to get lost in, but one she didn't have time for. Instead, she needed to focus on the hatchling before her, and how to safely get him to come along.

"Who are you?"

The child's voice was, in some ways, a powerful one. It still belonged to a mere hatchling, but it held something deeper. Experience, or simply knowledge? It was difficult to tell.

The hatchling was sitting on the large, wooden table that dominated the center of the tent. He appeared almost like a Tundra, but not quite - something was wrong. Was it the unusual underbite his little fangs formed? His uncommonly large size, compared to the other Tundra children that ran around? The horns, slightly too large, and the wings, slightly too small? Or was it just his eyes, that seemed to look nowhere in particular and straight through their target at the same time?

"I know you're here. Who are you?"

The Coatl neared. "I am Akatsuki. Blake, the one who looks after you, is away. Are- are you the Gaoler child? Justice? Can we talk?"

"Talk?"

He seemed puzzled. Akatsuki laid out a claw on the table, before the Gaoler; she wasn't sure whether he'd notice it or not, but she had to show her intent in some way.

"We're in danger, here. I helped Blake with this before, but this time, she's away, and so you have to help me in her stead. Is that OK?"

"I... I don't know what you mean."

"Alright, erm..." Akatsuki frowned. Dealing with hatchlings wasn't her forte; neither was dealing with ancient beings. Then again, she had to be lucky her work involved neither of those. "There's something outside. A monster. But, we can't find it; it's a good liar, and good at disguises. Justice, I was told you're very good at spotting liars?"

"I think... I have to find whoever is guilty. Um, is that... is that alright? Is that what you want?"

"Yes, that should be enough. Now, come, Justice. There's something here in the Clan that doesn't belong here." Akatsuki opened her arms up, ready to take the Gaoler with her. "We'll have to find it."

Justice's steps were hesitant, but he still moved forward. As he carefully let himself drop into her arms, trusting her not to let him fall, he let out a deep, cold breath. Was this his purpose?

"My, how special," a voice from next to the tent called out. "A real, live Gaoler, huh? First come the rumors of Emperors - next, this!"

"Furuta. I'd hoped you'd been taken by them, by now." Akatsuki scowled. "You believe in those sorts of rumors, but when our clan - no, we - are under this kind of attack... you just stand and watch?"

"Pah! What else should I do; go and get myself killed? No, thank you. Anyways, what do you say I fly down south and go ask the ol' Warden what he thinks about all this? Or, well... how much would you pay for me not to do it?"

"I'd like to see you try. See how long it takes before he tosses you into his prison."

The young Gaoler stirred.

"I don't like it here," Justice said, only faintly audible to the dragon holding him and none other. "I don't like him."

"No one does, Justice."

"No, I mean..." His little face turned to a frown, but he could not continue before the Spiral came in again.

"Well, it's been good. Doesn't seem you're gonna be of much use to me, though; not if you're this boring. Look outside for a bit! Isn't it amazing to watch? Everyone's driving themselves insane - it's hilarious!"

It was his flourish that followed which drew Akatsuki's attention to something - the cards this trickster carried with him. Certainly, everyone knew he always had them with him; as a fortune teller and gambler, he couldn't do either without.

But this night, as they shot into the air, they seemed more lively than usual.

"Enjoying yourself, aren't you." Akatsuki growled. Would she take him down first, or figure out how to deal with whatever that was? Both? No matter which, she'd have to act fast.

Before the others would fall.

At last, then, the Gaoler found a chance to speak, his small body now trembling as he raised a single claw, pointing straight at the topmost card - the Joker, that flashed a grin at its attention, just as its owner had done.

"I meant... I meant that he sounds... guilty."

bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30859379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/308594/30859379_350.png[/img] [/url] Gulliver is a good battle mage and healer, his magic abilities helps a lot to other dragons. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40695072] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/406951/40695072_350.png[/img] [/url] Shedim have a mysterious bond to the spirit realm, as the ability to hear and see them. Also having a strong natural sensitivity to the magic, especially the dark one, he could help to reveal the mimic [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46275757] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/462758/46275757_350.png[/img] [/url] Kenaz is a experienced hunter on various eldritch beings, he had a expiriense with many dangerous creatures, so I guess his contribution are obvious

30859379_350.png

Gulliver is a good battle mage and healer, his magic abilities helps a lot to other dragons.

40695072_350.png

Shedim have a mysterious bond to the spirit realm, as the ability to hear and see them. Also having a strong natural sensitivity to the magic, especially the dark one, he could help to reveal the mimic

46275757_350.png

Kenaz is a experienced hunter on various eldritch beings, he had a expiriense with many dangerous creatures, so I guess his contribution are obvious
qPxIbrt.gif he|they
+ 10 fr time

sEBxtxA.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41992310] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/419924/41992310_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43316759] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433168/43316759_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46953974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469540/46953974_350.png[/img] [/url] ----- sorrel and jupiter work well together, but mars begged to come along. he's fascinated by the mimics, and wants to study them - resulting in some very poor choices on mars' behalf. they do find the mimic, but mars insists on preserving it so he can experiment on it. the mimic's influence over mars allows it to ultimately escape.

41992310_350.png

43316759_350.png

46953974_350.png

sorrel and jupiter work well together, but mars begged to come along. he's fascinated by the mimics, and wants to study them - resulting in some very poor choices on mars' behalf. they do find the mimic, but mars insists on preserving it so he can experiment on it. the mimic's influence over mars allows it to ultimately escape.
I'm not big on rp but hey I have jester dragons [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42217702] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/422178/42217702_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43195725] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431958/43195725_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47515414] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475155/47515414_350.png[/img] [/url]
I'm not big on rp
but hey I have jester dragons

42217702_350.png

43195725_350.png

47515414_350.png
akueye3.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47472558] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/474726/47472558_350.png[/img] [/url] She goes to purchase some jester items. She tells beautiful stories

47472558_350.png

She goes to purchase some jester items. She tells beautiful stories
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46637944] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/466380/46637944_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol][b][color=#3aa0a1]Rook : “What do we do?” one of the three whispered in a shaking voice.[/color][/b][/columns] [columns][b] [color=#b2560b]Proventus : “We do what we were told to do,” said the dragon in the middle. “We escape the lair and we hide.”[/color][/b][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42307454] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/423075/42307454_350.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46533634][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/465337/46533634_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b][color=#634f9c]Nova : “But...with...with…?” the third stammered, twitching its head in the direction of the giggling Nocturne. [/color][/b][/columns] [b][/b] [center][i][b]Somewhere in Shatterscale Ruins below the clan....[/b][/i][/center] The three dragons huddled together, speaking in hushed voices. [i][color=#634f9c]"I told you we should have turned back the second that tunnel was formed. There are always monsters in these caverns, but I've never heard of a creature carving a path before."[/i][/color] The voice belonged to a purple nocturne, whose hide was eerily illuminated by a pair of glowing mushrooms that clung to the cramped wall beside them. A little Wildclaw hatchling clung to her foreleg. [color=#3aa0a1][i]"Where is it? Are we lost? Why aren't we moving? I want to go home!"[/i][/color] Their Pearlcatcher companion gently scratched the Wildclaw's head with an armored claw. [color=#b2560b][I]"Fear not, child. We'll retrace our steps and find this creature before it escapes the cavern.[/i][/color] The three dragons bolstered their courage and began their ascent through the newly dug tunnel, pausing often and peering into the dark for any signs of the mimic. But they found nothing. The creature had clawed its way to the surface and escaped its pursuers. The village of Da'Renan fell prey to its dangerous magic. As the spellbound Nocturnes in the lair attacked their neighbors, a fire broke out in the trading huts. Proventus and Rook dove behind a broken column as Nova was captured by the mimic's magic. When the Nocturne flew away to join her enchanted kin, the Pearlcatcher and little Wildclaw snuck to a secluded part of the territory to seek aid from [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=166901&tab=dragon&did=21525099]the clan's sworn enemy[/url], a dragon adept at dispelling creatures such as these. Eowyn eventually found the mimic, a Tick-Tock in the library, and destroyed the creature with an extravagant fireworks show. But not before the damage was done. Many dragons, buildings, and spirits were injured during the course of the long night. The clan was greatly embittered that once again Eowyn had saved their livelihood.

46637944_350.png
Rook : “What do we do?” one of the three whispered in a shaking voice.
Proventus : “We do what we were told to do,” said the dragon in the middle. “We escape the lair and we hide.”
42307454_350.png
46533634_350.png
Nova : “But...with...with…?” the third stammered, twitching its head in the direction of the giggling Nocturne.

Somewhere in Shatterscale Ruins below the clan....
The three dragons huddled together, speaking in hushed voices.
"I told you we should have turned back the second that tunnel was formed. There are always monsters in these caverns, but I've never heard of a creature carving a path before." The voice belonged to a purple nocturne, whose hide was eerily illuminated by a pair of glowing mushrooms that clung to the cramped wall beside them. A little Wildclaw hatchling clung to her foreleg.
"Where is it? Are we lost? Why aren't we moving? I want to go home!" Their Pearlcatcher companion gently scratched the Wildclaw's head with an armored claw.
"Fear not, child. We'll retrace our steps and find this creature before it escapes the cavern.
The three dragons bolstered their courage and began their ascent through the newly dug tunnel, pausing often and peering into the dark for any signs of the mimic.

But they found nothing.

The creature had clawed its way to the surface and escaped its pursuers. The village of Da'Renan fell prey to its dangerous magic.

As the spellbound Nocturnes in the lair attacked their neighbors, a fire broke out in the trading huts. Proventus and Rook dove behind a broken column as Nova was captured by the mimic's magic. When the Nocturne flew away to join her enchanted kin, the Pearlcatcher and little Wildclaw snuck to a secluded part of the territory to seek aid from the clan's sworn enemy, a dragon adept at dispelling creatures such as these.

Eowyn eventually found the mimic, a Tick-Tock in the library, and destroyed the creature with an extravagant fireworks show. But not before the damage was done. Many dragons, buildings, and spirits were injured during the course of the long night. The clan was greatly embittered that once again Eowyn had saved their livelihood.
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42964181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/429642/42964181_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18146227] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/181463/18146227_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46785272] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/467853/46785272_350.png[/img] [/url] Aepliotes murmured to Icyheart. "what shall we do, cousin? one of our own..." Icyheart turned his head. " It might be Naom, the imposter. " The coatl turned her head. "why do you expect that fae? I believe Phantasos could have the mimic... That Nocturne did look like his mother. He always goes into the tangled wood. " She looked down at Amira, the nocturne that was put to sleep. ------- The clan fell due to several mimics appearing and tainting several for the strongest dragons. Disasters tend to follow the Naomi descendants harboring clan. They find the mimic, however, it's with the one dragon they didn't expect- the leader's husband, Farrel, had it. They defeat the mimic slowly, and strategically.

42964181_350.png

18146227_350.png

46785272_350.png

Aepliotes murmured to Icyheart. "what shall we do, cousin? one of our own..." Icyheart turned his head. " It might be Naom, the imposter. "

The coatl turned her head. "why do you expect that fae? I believe Phantasos could have the mimic... That Nocturne did look like his mother. He always goes into the tangled wood. " She looked down at Amira, the nocturne that was put to sleep.

The clan fell due to several mimics appearing and tainting several for the strongest dragons. Disasters tend to follow the Naomi descendants harboring clan. They find the mimic, however, it's with the one dragon they didn't expect- the leader's husband, Farrel, had it. They defeat the mimic slowly, and strategically.
Endyr || 23 || She/They || FR+3
[columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32158017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321581/32158017_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=6]Pooka, the Changeling Dragon[/size][/center] [nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44168743] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/441688/44168743p.png[/img] [/url] [size=5]Drachma[/size] [size=4]from Engineering[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41354662] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/413547/41354662p.png[/img] [/url][size=5]Mayday[/size] [size=4]Trouble Magnet[/size][/center][/columns] [size=3]Pooka looked up from the sleeping Dortean restrained and being tied up. [size=3]"Well," she smiled at her companions, "Let's be glad Corsair is out to sea right now. That would have been truly disastrous." [size=3]"You're saying 'it could be worse' with more words," Mayday sighed, frill down in frustration. He finished the last knot the the orange nocture dragon and began to follow the purple dragon out of the cabin. [size=3]"It could be though!" Drachma called up through the grate as she worked below deck. "They could-" [size=3]"Don't finish that sentence!" Mayday all but screamed, head whipping from the cabin's door to the grate. "If you finish that sentence I swear by the eleven...!" [size=3]"Do you think it's shade born?" Pooka asked suddenly. Mayday turned back to his captain about to respond when he noticed the Changeling Dragon staring at the full moon within the sparkling night sky. For a moment, there were only the quiet sounds of the Crescendo in the distance. Pooka's colors were shifting, growing darker, losing saturation, her form fluid in the moonlight, no longer the noodle he knew. The silence was broken by Drachma's heavy steps as she came up from below. [size=3]"Small craft are ready to be deployed," Drachma called as she pushed the grate up, oblivious to the atmosphere. "Are we ready to get started?" [size=3]"Yeah," Mayday sighed again, looking up at the starry lit Nocture, hanging from their balloon strings. "yeah, find the mimic, beat it up, save Sornieth, got it. Captain!" [size=3]Pooka turned from the sky to look at her cohorts, her shape shifted back to the spiral form she had grown to love but her colors had changed. The once dark purples and greens were now silver and brilliant red, covered it gold stars opposed to Shadowsong's silver. Her eyes returned to wind green as they reflected the golden light of the torches around her. [size=3]She grinned, "Right you are friends. Land ho!" ----- [columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38890430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/388905/38890430_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=6]Nebula, the Moon Chosen Oracle[/size][/center] [nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=310113&tab=dragon&did=38619607] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/386197/38619607p.png[/img] [/url] [size=5]Dortean[/size] [size=4]Orange Iris[/size] Sleeping off Mimic Control [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=310113&tab=dragon&did=18901663] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/189017/18901663p.png[/img] [/url][size=5]Arinna[/size] [size=4]Pale Elder[/size] Under Mimic Control[/center][/columns] [size=3]Nebula stared down into her well, the moon's light reflecting off the water's surface like a mirror as a single koi fish made large lazy circles around it. The moon whispered to her, as it always did, but tonight the volume had increased, as had it's clarity. She opened her wings, revealing the pale form of old Arinna hanging within. [size=3]"Dortean was captured," Nebula hummed, her eyes meeting the glazed ones of her elder, "Pooka knows, as do her shipmates. Delay them." [size=3]The Nocture opened her fraying wings and released her self from the small Imperial's wing, flying off towards the rest of the unsuspecting clan. The Dark Imperial turned her clouded eyes but the well and the orb within. "It will be done, my Luna," she bowed her long neck, nose almost touching the water. She didn't notice that though she was blocking the light to the well, the orb remained, silver glow illuminating her mask as spectral arms stroked her neck and horns, keeping her jewelry from touching the water's surface. Nebula turned away from the water, calmly walking out towards the boarders the her clan. The Orbiting Spirit continued swimming. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/20816.png[/img][/center] ----- The Segue Rest was quiet this time of year. Winter had just begun, with the Northern Wind sweeping a third of the dragons away to begin their yearly wanderings. Unfortunately, this meant most of the more combat inclined dragons were aboard the [i]Endless Sky[/i], not home. But that didn't leave Pooka's crew without resources. Drachma walked down the Cliffside Steps to the Elder's caves. Most of the older dragons within the clan preferred hollowing out caves within the gaps at their part of the Reed Cliff Ascent. Pooka figured that if anyone knew how to identify mimics, it would be the older dragons. The first cave was empty. It was covered in dusty leathers and a large distillery was set up with a few barrels and bottles. The snapper guessed it was Terra's cave, and at this time of night, she was likely working at her saloon topside. She kept going down. The next cave was... dark. Camille was an elder that enjoyed having an air of mystery about herself. Most of her possessions were old pelts, trophies of powerful things she claimed to have once hunted. She was old though, the second eldest within the whole clan, if the Snapper remembered correctly. She should be in her cave! But it was cold and dark and... "Pull it together," Drachma muttered to herself as she stepped within. "Elder Camille? Are you here? It's Drachma. I was wondering if I could ask you for help." Here was the sound of movement in the back of the cave. The engineer moved further in, taxidermies of yeti's, rocs, even a wartoad snarled down at her, striking poses of attack. "...Drachma?" A hollow, wispy voice cooed. The snapper whirled to see Camille, dark stripes like racing shadows, red wings blending into cave waves, skin pulled tight to clearly display bones as if the dragon were starving. The Wildclaw blinked slow, causing Drachma to freeze. Camille never displayed her eyes, which were currently the same pale grey that Dortean's had been. "Compromised!" Drachma yelped as the elder lunged. Though she was old, Camille was one of the clan's best hunters for a reason, and Drachma wasn't fast enough to escape her. [/size]

32158017_350.png

Pooka, the Changeling Dragon

44168743p.png
Drachma
from Engineering

41354662p.png
Mayday
Trouble Magnet

Pooka looked up from the sleeping Dortean restrained and being tied up.

"Well," she smiled at her companions, "Let's be glad Corsair is out to sea right now. That would have been truly disastrous."

"You're saying 'it could be worse' with more words," Mayday sighed, frill down in frustration. He finished the last knot the the orange nocture dragon and began to follow the purple dragon out of the cabin.

"It could be though!" Drachma called up through the grate as she worked below deck. "They could-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" Mayday all but screamed, head whipping from the cabin's door to the grate. "If you finish that sentence I swear by the eleven...!"

"Do you think it's shade born?" Pooka asked suddenly. Mayday turned back to his captain about to respond when he noticed the Changeling Dragon staring at the full moon within the sparkling night sky. For a moment, there were only the quiet sounds of the Crescendo in the distance. Pooka's colors were shifting, growing darker, losing saturation, her form fluid in the moonlight, no longer the noodle he knew. The silence was broken by Drachma's heavy steps as she came up from below.

"Small craft are ready to be deployed," Drachma called as she pushed the grate up, oblivious to the atmosphere. "Are we ready to get started?"

"Yeah," Mayday sighed again, looking up at the starry lit Nocture, hanging from their balloon strings. "yeah, find the mimic, beat it up, save Sornieth, got it. Captain!"

Pooka turned from the sky to look at her cohorts, her shape shifted back to the spiral form she had grown to love but her colors had changed. The once dark purples and greens were now silver and brilliant red, covered it gold stars opposed to Shadowsong's silver. Her eyes returned to wind green as they reflected the golden light of the torches around her.

She grinned, "Right you are friends. Land ho!"

38890430_350.png

Nebula, the Moon Chosen Oracle

38619607p.png
Dortean
Orange Iris
Sleeping off Mimic Control

18901663p.png
Arinna
Pale Elder
Under Mimic Control

Nebula stared down into her well, the moon's light reflecting off the water's surface like a mirror as a single koi fish made large lazy circles around it. The moon whispered to her, as it always did, but tonight the volume had increased, as had it's clarity. She opened her wings, revealing the pale form of old Arinna hanging within.

"Dortean was captured," Nebula hummed, her eyes meeting the glazed ones of her elder, "Pooka knows, as do her shipmates. Delay them."

The Nocture opened her fraying wings and released her self from the small Imperial's wing, flying off towards the rest of the unsuspecting clan. The Dark Imperial turned her clouded eyes but the well and the orb within.

"It will be done, my Luna," she bowed her long neck, nose almost touching the water. She didn't notice that though she was blocking the light to the well, the orb remained, silver glow illuminating her mask as spectral arms stroked her neck and horns, keeping her jewelry from touching the water's surface. Nebula turned away from the water, calmly walking out towards the boarders the her clan.

The Orbiting Spirit continued swimming.

20816.png

The Segue Rest was quiet this time of year. Winter had just begun, with the Northern Wind sweeping a third of the dragons away to begin their yearly wanderings. Unfortunately, this meant most of the more combat inclined dragons were aboard the Endless Sky, not home. But that didn't leave Pooka's crew without resources.

Drachma walked down the Cliffside Steps to the Elder's caves. Most of the older dragons within the clan preferred hollowing out caves within the gaps at their part of the Reed Cliff Ascent. Pooka figured that if anyone knew how to identify mimics, it would be the older dragons.

The first cave was empty. It was covered in dusty leathers and a large distillery was set up with a few barrels and bottles. The snapper guessed it was Terra's cave, and at this time of night, she was likely working at her saloon topside. She kept going down.

The next cave was... dark. Camille was an elder that enjoyed having an air of mystery about herself. Most of her possessions were old pelts, trophies of powerful things she claimed to have once hunted. She was old though, the second eldest within the whole clan, if the Snapper remembered correctly. She should be in her cave! But it was cold and dark and...

"Pull it together," Drachma muttered to herself as she stepped within. "Elder Camille? Are you here? It's Drachma. I was wondering if I could ask you for help."

Here was the sound of movement in the back of the cave. The engineer moved further in, taxidermies of yeti's, rocs, even a wartoad snarled down at her, striking poses of attack.

"...Drachma?" A hollow, wispy voice cooed. The snapper whirled to see Camille, dark stripes like racing shadows, red wings blending into cave waves, skin pulled tight to clearly display bones as if the dragon were starving. The Wildclaw blinked slow, causing Drachma to freeze. Camille never displayed her eyes, which were currently the same pale grey that Dortean's had been.

"Compromised!" Drachma yelped as the elder lunged. Though she was old, Camille was one of the clan's best hunters for a reason, and Drachma wasn't fast enough to escape her.

ryacbOm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13