Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Show me dragons with meta lore!
1 2
[center]So I've just been getting up to mischief, and I wondered if anyone else had done similar. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36046798] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/360468/36046798_350.png[/img] [/url] This lady is Moonstreak, and she's pretty bland, so I gave her lore [s]because I'm poor and that's all I can afford to give her.[/s] She is an avid player of TaloNorth, a tabletop RPG based around the beastclans, (including several new ones made up for diversity, like a Firebearer beastclan for example) and she regularly drags several of her clanmates into playing with her. [s]*cough cough* yep this is Dungeons and Dragons Sornieth edition *cough*[/s] Here's what she's gonna look like, all dressed up as Scree, her Raptorik Warrior / part time runaway prince. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36046798&skin=0&apparel=18827,5157,546,23126,5396,13851,18799,10965,10369,11201&xt=dressing.png[/img] Do you have any dragons with subtle (or, I guess, not-so-subtle) references hidden in? Fandragons can count if they're subtle about it! [/center]
So I've just been getting up to mischief, and I wondered if anyone else had done similar.

36046798_350.png
This lady is Moonstreak, and she's pretty bland, so I gave her lore because I'm poor and that's all I can afford to give her.

She is an avid player of TaloNorth, a tabletop RPG based around the beastclans, (including several new ones made up for diversity, like a Firebearer beastclan for example) and she regularly drags several of her clanmates into playing with her. *cough cough* yep this is Dungeons and Dragons Sornieth edition *cough*

Here's what she's gonna look like, all dressed up as Scree, her Raptorik Warrior / part time runaway prince.
dragon?did=36046798&skin=0&apparel=18827,5157,546,23126,5396,13851,18799,10965,10369,11201&xt=dressing.png

Do you have any dragons with subtle (or, I guess, not-so-subtle) references hidden in? Fandragons can count if they're subtle about it!
@Jayflying I sold the dragon long ago but kept this lore bit because I loved how meta it is...as meta as Supernatural "The French Mistake" even as meta as Deadpool

Quote:
The Pearlcatcher sits in the twilight, clutching the gilded mirror to her chest. Her pearl was long gone, smashed to bits, smashed like her soul, no one could ever fix her again. The mirror was her pearl now, it showed her things, the other world, the real one.

"Please, tell me your name, I'm here to help." Says a voice, soft and calm, perfectly matching its speaker, a pale Skydancer dressed in rippling silks.

The Pearlcatcher looks up at the dragon beside her, scrawling in the dirt with a single black claw, I have no name, it was taken from me, and broken.

"Why can't you speak?"

They think I'm crazy. Smashed my soul, ripped out my tongue.

The Skydancer gasps, horrified. "Who's they?"

Don't know, can't remember. Everyone thinks I'm crazy.

"I don't think you're crazy."

You don't know what it shows me. The Pearlcatcher writes, staring at the mirror, at her empty reflection. The truth of existence.

"What truth?"

All we do, every decision we make, is not our own, our stories, our histories were not forged by ourselves, they were written by Others. The people on the other side, the other world, no magic, no gods, just people. They control us, every clan is controlled. They decide or fates, our destinies. They buy and sell us like trinkets and we are unaware.

A long pause, the Skydancer sits in stunned silence.

See, now you think I'm crazy too. But I don't blame you, it's not your fault, because all of this was written, my broken soul, my finding of the window, She let me see the truth.

What a terrible curse

Yeah... I had fun with this
@Jayflying I sold the dragon long ago but kept this lore bit because I loved how meta it is...as meta as Supernatural "The French Mistake" even as meta as Deadpool

Quote:
The Pearlcatcher sits in the twilight, clutching the gilded mirror to her chest. Her pearl was long gone, smashed to bits, smashed like her soul, no one could ever fix her again. The mirror was her pearl now, it showed her things, the other world, the real one.

"Please, tell me your name, I'm here to help." Says a voice, soft and calm, perfectly matching its speaker, a pale Skydancer dressed in rippling silks.

The Pearlcatcher looks up at the dragon beside her, scrawling in the dirt with a single black claw, I have no name, it was taken from me, and broken.

"Why can't you speak?"

They think I'm crazy. Smashed my soul, ripped out my tongue.

The Skydancer gasps, horrified. "Who's they?"

Don't know, can't remember. Everyone thinks I'm crazy.

"I don't think you're crazy."

You don't know what it shows me. The Pearlcatcher writes, staring at the mirror, at her empty reflection. The truth of existence.

"What truth?"

All we do, every decision we make, is not our own, our stories, our histories were not forged by ourselves, they were written by Others. The people on the other side, the other world, no magic, no gods, just people. They control us, every clan is controlled. They decide or fates, our destinies. They buy and sell us like trinkets and we are unaware.

A long pause, the Skydancer sits in stunned silence.

See, now you think I'm crazy too. But I don't blame you, it's not your fault, because all of this was written, my broken soul, my finding of the window, She let me see the truth.

What a terrible curse

Yeah... I had fun with this
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@Lopai
I'm not sure whether to be happy because that's really cool lore or sad on the Pearlcatcher's behalf... It is really good though! That's exactly the type of thing I want to see!
@Lopai
I'm not sure whether to be happy because that's really cool lore or sad on the Pearlcatcher's behalf... It is really good though! That's exactly the type of thing I want to see!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39256299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/392563/39256299_350.png[/img] [/url] Chole's lore is meta... and a bit dark. It ties in with my boy Tracer, her adoptive father. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33471528] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/334716/33471528_350.png[/img] [/url] Bonus points, Tracer is a Matrix fandragon.

39256299_350.png

Chole's lore is meta... and a bit dark. It ties in with my boy Tracer, her adoptive father.

33471528_350.png

Bonus points, Tracer is a Matrix fandragon.
Exhausted and severely depressed.
@RicochetRomance
Those two are really cool! While, yeah, it's kinda dark, that doesn't make it any less good writing. It's the kinda stuff I do myself, actually. I really like how Tracer's awakening caused his Circuit!
... wait, does tracer know about the gene system since he can see FR from the outside..? Does he know what each of his genes are called? :o
@RicochetRomance
Those two are really cool! While, yeah, it's kinda dark, that doesn't make it any less good writing. It's the kinda stuff I do myself, actually. I really like how Tracer's awakening caused his Circuit!
... wait, does tracer know about the gene system since he can see FR from the outside..? Does he know what each of his genes are called? :o
@Jayflying

Thank you for your kind feedback - so glad you liked their lore!

Also, yes. Tracer understands the gene system fairly well - he had to learn it in order to understand the birth circumstances of his adopted daughter.

It's pretty hard for him to stay up to date on it, though. So many new genes!
@Jayflying

Thank you for your kind feedback - so glad you liked their lore!

Also, yes. Tracer understands the gene system fairly well - he had to learn it in order to understand the birth circumstances of his adopted daughter.

It's pretty hard for him to stay up to date on it, though. So many new genes!
Exhausted and severely depressed.
@RicochetRomance That's actually pretty awesome. He's basically if the Encyclopedia section of FR took imperial form, complete with the attitude. XD
@RicochetRomance That's actually pretty awesome. He's basically if the Encyclopedia section of FR took imperial form, complete with the attitude. XD
[color=7930b5]@Jayflying That... that is a [i]brilliant[/i] idea. I need a [s]Dungeons and Dragons[/s] sorry, a TaloNorth player now... Hmm.. have I got any meta dragons? Yes, yes I do! Meet Sylvia, my birthday G1! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43364663] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433647/43364663_350.png[/img] [/url] Her lore is [i]very much[/i] a WIP right now, so here’s the gist of it- she’s a human who fell into Flight Rising and transformed into a dragon. She’s trying to figure out how it happened, and kinda wants to leave- but doesn’t, at the same time... God I want to add so much meta stuff to her lore now. Like, she tries talking about the forums to another dragon, and they’re just like ?????
@Jayflying
That... that is a brilliant idea. I need a Dungeons and Dragons sorry, a TaloNorth player now...

Hmm.. have I got any meta dragons? Yes, yes I do!
Meet Sylvia, my birthday G1!

43364663_350.png

Her lore is very much a WIP right now, so here’s the gist of it- she’s a human who fell into Flight Rising and transformed into a dragon. She’s trying to figure out how it happened, and kinda wants to leave- but doesn’t, at the same time...

God I want to add so much meta stuff to her lore now. Like, she tries talking about the forums to another dragon, and they’re just like ?????
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage
Firstly, Sylvia is beautiful! Treasure genes can be really underappreciated.
Secondly, Moonstreak would be VERY happy to find someone else that plays besides her own campaign.

...I'm now thinking it would be hilarious if we somehow ended up with an entire TaloNorth hub in the forums-- as like a FR-based D&D community.
We should do that.
@ObsidianMage
Firstly, Sylvia is beautiful! Treasure genes can be really underappreciated.
Secondly, Moonstreak would be VERY happy to find someone else that plays besides her own campaign.

...I'm now thinking it would be hilarious if we somehow ended up with an entire TaloNorth hub in the forums-- as like a FR-based D&D community.
We should do that.
OMG yes- just like with that one April fools ad! Remember the ad that was about Dagron Wars VII- and then the forums legit made a roleplay game? I’d actually be down for that with a DnD themed game... I’m a pretty new player to DnD but I legit want this to happen now. We should start a club.
OMG yes- just like with that one April fools ad! Remember the ad that was about Dagron Wars VII- and then the forums legit made a roleplay game? I’d actually be down for that with a DnD themed game... I’m a pretty new player to DnD but I legit want this to happen now. We should start a club.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
1 2