Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Interaction Experiment! (dead)
1 2 3 4 5
[center]@GoldictheHedgefx [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24502822] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/245029/24502822_350.png[/img] [/url] A dark Coatl approached the Fae, studying it curiously. He shuffled his coat around, then a look of surprise passed his face, then... sadness? He opened his mouth despite his expression... Out came a strange mixture of broken, undragonlike sounds. Looking a bit uncomfortable, he scratched a rather lengthy message in the sand quickly and turned his back, hesitating in case of a response. The message read: "Selectively mute? I understand not being able to speak myself, but I wish I was lucky enough to still have a voice. I advise you to use yours, before something takes it from you. I'm not sure why you seem so distant, but that isn't the right way to live your younger days." Something was scribbled out, replaced with "May the wind be at your back." The Coatl, having never introduced himself, sighed.
@GoldictheHedgefx

24502822_350.png

A dark Coatl approached the Fae, studying it curiously. He shuffled his coat around, then a look of surprise passed his face, then... sadness? He opened his mouth despite his expression...

Out came a strange mixture of broken, undragonlike sounds.

Looking a bit uncomfortable, he scratched a rather lengthy message in the sand quickly and turned his back, hesitating in case of a response.

The message read:
"Selectively mute? I understand not being able to speak myself, but I wish I was lucky enough to still have a voice. I advise you to use yours, before something takes it from you. I'm not sure why you seem so distant, but that isn't the right way to live your younger days."

Something was scribbled out, replaced with "May the wind be at your back."

The Coatl, having never introduced himself, sighed.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
@GoldictheHedgefx [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42464025] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424641/42464025_350.png[/img] [/url] Gladiolus didn't know what to expect when he came here. The details of this said experiment were already detailed out to him in the letter, but he didn't expect this fae to be bigger than him. But then again, he was smaller than the average fae. Walking up to the other fae, Gladiolus examined the amulet. "I've seen Grimm with that same amulet. I heard you can make it through alchemy." Then, the thistle-colored fae lifted his hat, revealing his pale purple eyes, and stuck his tongue out as a mischievous gesture. He then gave a small laugh. "Hey, don't worry, I won't hurt you. I'm just messing around." He jabbed the larger fae in the shoulder. "I can shoot my arrows [i]really[/i] far. I'll show you." Grabbing his bow and an arrow, he aimed it towards a cactus in the distance, and then shot it. It nicked the cactus and landed a few feet away from it. "What do you think?"
@GoldictheHedgefx

42464025_350.png

Gladiolus didn't know what to expect when he came here. The details of this said experiment were already detailed out to him in the letter, but he didn't expect this fae to be bigger than him. But then again, he was smaller than the average fae. Walking up to the other fae, Gladiolus examined the amulet. "I've seen Grimm with that same amulet. I heard you can make it through alchemy."

Then, the thistle-colored fae lifted his hat, revealing his pale purple eyes, and stuck his tongue out as a mischievous gesture. He then gave a small laugh. "Hey, don't worry, I won't hurt you. I'm just messing around." He jabbed the larger fae in the shoulder. "I can shoot my arrows really far. I'll show you." Grabbing his bow and an arrow, he aimed it towards a cactus in the distance, and then shot it. It nicked the cactus and landed a few feet away from it. "What do you think?"
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@GoldictheHedgefx [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43783054] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/437831/43783054_350.png[/img] [/url] Korra stepped up to the strange fae, trying not to seem threatening. However, Korra was pretty bad at non-threatening. She walked in circles around the fae, trying to keep eye contact. Eventually she gave the fae a tentative poke on its head.
@GoldictheHedgefx

43783054_350.png

Korra stepped up to the strange fae, trying not to seem threatening. However, Korra was pretty bad at non-threatening. She walked in circles around the fae, trying to keep eye contact. Eventually she gave the fae a tentative poke on its head.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
I'm so sorry that it took almost a YEAR to type these, but now i can without school getting in the way because i'm all done with that! :D

@Paladingineer
(yeah, that's fine, gives me more to work with tbh)
"Oh! Nice to meet you Aquilius! Since that's the case, I hope we both learn something from this!" Goldic flittered her plumed wings excitedly, but not so much that the faes would be blown off the table.

Her own fae, on the other hand, tilted its' head slightly as it watched the other fae shift around upon being placed on the table. It shifted its' head backwards a bit when it saw the homunculus move in to polish the amulet, but otherwise didn't budge.

Ultimately confused by the homunculus's actions, the sanguine fae stared down at the newly polished amulet on its' neck as it allowed the alchemical creation to start polishing its' wings while it attempted to logically compile the current situation in its' mind.

Much scribbling took place on the parchment.

@IronPen

The fae stared at the mirror as it flicked its' fins around, but if it understood the mirror, it showed no sign of it. It glanced at the food presented to it by the mirror before sniffing it and picking it up for further inspection. Soft scribbling can be heard in the background as the coatl wrote her notes.

@ClockworkEclipse

The fae blinked a bit as it observed Wild's actions before raising a forelimb to its' jaw in thought. After thinking for a bit, it signed out its' own message: "If by 'understand me' you mean 'read and use sign language,' then yes. Not many dragons in my clan know how to use it, not even the coatl you see here, so it's refreshing to see another dragon that I can have silent conversations with."

It paused for a second, then added, "For someone with a hood over his head, your eyes sure are fascinating. All that boundless curiosity...few dragons around here retain such purity in their eyes, you know, us living in a desert wasteland and all. But of course, I'm one of very few who can appreciate such subtlety, for I'd much rather observe the world around me than work my claws to death under the Stormcatcher's influence."

Satisfied with this response, the fae lowered its forelimbs back onto the table and looked at Wild right in the eyes, a sign that it was patiently waiting for a response. Scribbling can be heard in the background.

@crowbot

The sanguine fae accepted Zeki's offering, turning the odd gem around in one of its' forelimbs before giving the wildclaw a look that said, "thanks..? What is it, though??" Dumbfounded, the fae stared at the sweet-smelling gem in its' hand as Goldic scribbled something on her parchment in the background.

@SoulOfChaos
(it's all good, this is my first attempt at one of these threads haha)
The fae listened silently as the wildclaw chattered on with his questions, waiting for a chance to respond. Deciding that this would be better answered vocally, the sanguine fae cleared its' throat before responding.

"I suppose you could say I'm logically adept mentally. However, that's not to say I'm completely emotionless. And, for what it's worth, I'm not ignoring the world. I'm observing it. There's quite a lot you can learn from observing something from the sidelines rather than interacting with it. Sure, it gets lonely sometimes, but that's what friends are for, I suppose. Friends make the world feel less lonely to observe."

Goldic, though stunned, proceeds to scribble notes onto the parchment.

@ahzidal

Both Goldic and the fae flinched when the dark colored coatl emitted sounds akin to a broken record with animal noises, not a single one being even vaguely close to being natural. The fae looked on with curiosity as the coatl scrawled a message in the sand below before moving to float above it in order to read it. It glanced at the message one more time before gliding over to sit a safe distance in front of the coatl, clearing its' throat as it did.

"I know not what you went through, but I can assure you that the distance you feel from me is unintentional. I simply wish to observe the world and interact with it at my own pace rather than go with the flow and die unsatisfied at best. Ultimately, this is a choice I've come to appreciate as I observe objects and dragons alike. Many find solace in silence, it offers to listen when nobody else will. I enjoy being part of something that guards countless secrets from the world, yours included."

Before the coatl can respond, the fae engages flight once again to glide back over to the table it had sat on, settling down in the same spot. Goldic picked up the quill that she didn't know she dropped and started scribbling notes.

@MaplesHaiku

The sanguine fae was unfaezed when Gladiolus nudged its' shoulder, which might be seen as natural given the size difference between the two. It looked on as Gladiolus launched an arrow at a distant cactus, making a gesture with one of its' forelimbs similar to that of a "thumbs-up" while nodding its' head, clearly impressed by the smaller fae's antics. The coatl giggled and scribbled something on the parchment.

@Bronzewing

The fae could see the curiosity in Korra's eyes, so it wasn't intimidated in the slightest by her. It tried to follow her using only its' eyes, however it did have to shift its' head to look behind it when it couldn't see her. When Korra finally poked it on the head, the fae turned to look at her....and blepped. Amused by their antics, Goldic scribbled some notes on the parchment with a smile on her face.
I'm so sorry that it took almost a YEAR to type these, but now i can without school getting in the way because i'm all done with that! :D

@Paladingineer
(yeah, that's fine, gives me more to work with tbh)
"Oh! Nice to meet you Aquilius! Since that's the case, I hope we both learn something from this!" Goldic flittered her plumed wings excitedly, but not so much that the faes would be blown off the table.

Her own fae, on the other hand, tilted its' head slightly as it watched the other fae shift around upon being placed on the table. It shifted its' head backwards a bit when it saw the homunculus move in to polish the amulet, but otherwise didn't budge.

Ultimately confused by the homunculus's actions, the sanguine fae stared down at the newly polished amulet on its' neck as it allowed the alchemical creation to start polishing its' wings while it attempted to logically compile the current situation in its' mind.

Much scribbling took place on the parchment.

@IronPen

The fae stared at the mirror as it flicked its' fins around, but if it understood the mirror, it showed no sign of it. It glanced at the food presented to it by the mirror before sniffing it and picking it up for further inspection. Soft scribbling can be heard in the background as the coatl wrote her notes.

@ClockworkEclipse

The fae blinked a bit as it observed Wild's actions before raising a forelimb to its' jaw in thought. After thinking for a bit, it signed out its' own message: "If by 'understand me' you mean 'read and use sign language,' then yes. Not many dragons in my clan know how to use it, not even the coatl you see here, so it's refreshing to see another dragon that I can have silent conversations with."

It paused for a second, then added, "For someone with a hood over his head, your eyes sure are fascinating. All that boundless curiosity...few dragons around here retain such purity in their eyes, you know, us living in a desert wasteland and all. But of course, I'm one of very few who can appreciate such subtlety, for I'd much rather observe the world around me than work my claws to death under the Stormcatcher's influence."

Satisfied with this response, the fae lowered its forelimbs back onto the table and looked at Wild right in the eyes, a sign that it was patiently waiting for a response. Scribbling can be heard in the background.

@crowbot

The sanguine fae accepted Zeki's offering, turning the odd gem around in one of its' forelimbs before giving the wildclaw a look that said, "thanks..? What is it, though??" Dumbfounded, the fae stared at the sweet-smelling gem in its' hand as Goldic scribbled something on her parchment in the background.

@SoulOfChaos
(it's all good, this is my first attempt at one of these threads haha)
The fae listened silently as the wildclaw chattered on with his questions, waiting for a chance to respond. Deciding that this would be better answered vocally, the sanguine fae cleared its' throat before responding.

"I suppose you could say I'm logically adept mentally. However, that's not to say I'm completely emotionless. And, for what it's worth, I'm not ignoring the world. I'm observing it. There's quite a lot you can learn from observing something from the sidelines rather than interacting with it. Sure, it gets lonely sometimes, but that's what friends are for, I suppose. Friends make the world feel less lonely to observe."

Goldic, though stunned, proceeds to scribble notes onto the parchment.

@ahzidal

Both Goldic and the fae flinched when the dark colored coatl emitted sounds akin to a broken record with animal noises, not a single one being even vaguely close to being natural. The fae looked on with curiosity as the coatl scrawled a message in the sand below before moving to float above it in order to read it. It glanced at the message one more time before gliding over to sit a safe distance in front of the coatl, clearing its' throat as it did.

"I know not what you went through, but I can assure you that the distance you feel from me is unintentional. I simply wish to observe the world and interact with it at my own pace rather than go with the flow and die unsatisfied at best. Ultimately, this is a choice I've come to appreciate as I observe objects and dragons alike. Many find solace in silence, it offers to listen when nobody else will. I enjoy being part of something that guards countless secrets from the world, yours included."

Before the coatl can respond, the fae engages flight once again to glide back over to the table it had sat on, settling down in the same spot. Goldic picked up the quill that she didn't know she dropped and started scribbling notes.

@MaplesHaiku

The sanguine fae was unfaezed when Gladiolus nudged its' shoulder, which might be seen as natural given the size difference between the two. It looked on as Gladiolus launched an arrow at a distant cactus, making a gesture with one of its' forelimbs similar to that of a "thumbs-up" while nodding its' head, clearly impressed by the smaller fae's antics. The coatl giggled and scribbled something on the parchment.

@Bronzewing

The fae could see the curiosity in Korra's eyes, so it wasn't intimidated in the slightest by her. It tried to follow her using only its' eyes, however it did have to shift its' head to look behind it when it couldn't see her. When Korra finally poked it on the head, the fae turned to look at her....and blepped. Amused by their antics, Goldic scribbled some notes on the parchment with a smile on her face.
WCJCpSS.pngqXSwF3U.png
@GoldictheHedgefx Just checking, we're allowed to reply back, right?
@GoldictheHedgefx Just checking, we're allowed to reply back, right?
xxxxxx d5529b090f743c2d57aa89a08fcbb6452177d398.png 95a8885aa639ad7fceba05d6e45f928922a0d19d.png b020a3067972f0b3e1d4d7a763e63a0a46fc1cc2.gif
peri | fr time +15 | she/her | need coffee
@perifinite yeah, you can reply back as many times as you want
@perifinite yeah, you can reply back as many times as you want
WCJCpSS.pngqXSwF3U.png
@GoldictheHedgefx Are you going to respond, or...?
@GoldictheHedgefx Are you going to respond, or...?
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
@ClockworkEclipse Everyone has a life outside of FR and school's just starting back up for me so....yeah

just gotta re-balance my priorities

(to be honest, I dont like how long it's taking to type up a response myself, all i can say is please be patient)
@ClockworkEclipse Everyone has a life outside of FR and school's just starting back up for me so....yeah

just gotta re-balance my priorities

(to be honest, I dont like how long it's taking to type up a response myself, all i can say is please be patient)
WCJCpSS.pngqXSwF3U.png
@GoldictheHedgefx [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31466514] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/314666/31466514_350.png[/img] [/url] An elderly, crippled mirror limped forward, slowly making her way over to the pair of dragons. Ignoring the coatl, she shuffled awkwardly towards the fae. "Brrruuurlb? Mmmmiiiirrrmmm hurmurmuuuurr. Eir?!" With a squeak, she twitched suddenly toward the fae, then scrambled back. Once again, she slunk closer to the little fae, very close to the ground and making soft wimpering sounds and moving her head slowly from side to side. When she got within an arm's reach, she pulled out a slightly mashed and misshapen cookie and several little sweets, which she set down next to the fae. When he didn't recoil, she slowly drew one wing over him and started conjuring tiny little fireworks out of her claws, sending them spiraling above his head until they burst against the membrane of her wing.
@GoldictheHedgefx

31466514_350.png

An elderly, crippled mirror limped forward, slowly making her way over to the pair of dragons. Ignoring the coatl, she shuffled awkwardly towards the fae. "Brrruuurlb? Mmmmiiiirrrmmm hurmurmuuuurr. Eir?!" With a squeak, she twitched suddenly toward the fae, then scrambled back. Once again, she slunk closer to the little fae, very close to the ground and making soft wimpering sounds and moving her head slowly from side to side. When she got within an arm's reach, she pulled out a slightly mashed and misshapen cookie and several little sweets, which she set down next to the fae. When he didn't recoil, she slowly drew one wing over him and started conjuring tiny little fireworks out of her claws, sending them spiraling above his head until they burst against the membrane of her wing.
tumblr_our8hfOuzy1wy5ljoo1_100.png
@GoldictheHedgefx [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38497084] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/384971/38497084_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] As with everything else that piqued his curiosity, Gladiolus couldn't turn down the opportunity to find out more about the odd little dragon. After glancing over at Goldic for approval, the android waves a friendly claw at the Fae in greeting. "Hello. My name is Gladiolus. I know that we're not permitted to remove your amulet, but would it be alright with you if I took a closer look?"
@GoldictheHedgefx

As with everything else that piqued his curiosity, Gladiolus couldn't turn down the opportunity to find out more about the odd little dragon.

After glancing over at Goldic for approval, the android waves a friendly claw at the Fae in greeting.

"Hello. My name is Gladiolus. I know that we're not permitted to remove your amulet, but would it be alright with you if I took a closer look?"
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
1 2 3 4 5