Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Let A Psychic Scam Judge Your Dragon!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(Going to give my newest dragon a shot! I'd love to see what SeaBreeze says about her. ^^) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44179064] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/441791/44179064_350.png[/img] [/url] Nimue seemed unencumbered by the unwieldy bags of candy draped across her back. She was getting stares from the other dragons in the marketplace for any number of reasons - perhaps it was the bags of candy, perhaps it was how she seemed to lack a pearl, perhaps it was how the ribbons flowing off her body never seemed to hit the ground, or it might have been her unusually sharp canine teeth for a species that is normally a herbivore. She noticed their stares, but she didn't really care that much. She hummed happily under her breath. It was a beautiful night, the stars were out and taffy was sweet. What could there possibly be to be sad about? She was sure that dragon clan she liked to visit now and again would be happy with her. She snapped to attention when she heard a Skydancer calling out - not to her specifically, probably, but surely she'd be happy to have a customer, right? Yeah, Nimue could humor her and get her fortune told. She was on such a roll today. First she spared a dragon even though she was still hungry after granting his wish, and now she was supporting local businesses! She'd been good! ... she'd been good. That probably wasn't the best thing a demon could say. Her demeanor fell slightly, though she tried to shrug it off and sent a toothy smile to the Skydancer. Yeah, maybe a psychic could help her. It couldn't hurt, at any rate. She placed down ten gems on the counter - draconic currency didn't mean much to her, after all - and sat by patiently. "Alright, I'll bite. Er, not literally- let's just start over. My name is Nimue, and I think I could really use a prophecy right about now."
(Going to give my newest dragon a shot! I'd love to see what SeaBreeze says about her. ^^)

44179064_350.png

Nimue seemed unencumbered by the unwieldy bags of candy draped across her back. She was getting stares from the other dragons in the marketplace for any number of reasons - perhaps it was the bags of candy, perhaps it was how she seemed to lack a pearl, perhaps it was how the ribbons flowing off her body never seemed to hit the ground, or it might have been her unusually sharp canine teeth for a species that is normally a herbivore.

She noticed their stares, but she didn't really care that much. She hummed happily under her breath. It was a beautiful night, the stars were out and taffy was sweet. What could there possibly be to be sad about? She was sure that dragon clan she liked to visit now and again would be happy with her.

She snapped to attention when she heard a Skydancer calling out - not to her specifically, probably, but surely she'd be happy to have a customer, right? Yeah, Nimue could humor her and get her fortune told. She was on such a roll today. First she spared a dragon even though she was still hungry after granting his wish, and now she was supporting local businesses! She'd been good!

... she'd been good. That probably wasn't the best thing a demon could say.

Her demeanor fell slightly, though she tried to shrug it off and sent a toothy smile to the Skydancer. Yeah, maybe a psychic could help her. It couldn't hurt, at any rate. She placed down ten gems on the counter - draconic currency didn't mean much to her, after all - and sat by patiently. "Alright, I'll bite. Er, not literally- let's just start over. My name is Nimue, and I think I could really use a prophecy right about now."
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42548558] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/425486/42548558_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Periwinkle makes a very considering hum, head tipped back as she thought through the answer. "Toxins, hm. I was kinda hoping for an explosion rather than poison. Like maybe the venoms would just negate each other and there'd be a huge reaction between them! Well, I don't want to knock anyone out... I could simmer it like fried eggs and get some pretty stones! Oh, but making a big explosion- but what if I add firestarter baubles? Oo, what if I add [i]fireflowers?[/i] All together!" She twirled again, muffling giggles into her feathery tail. "Surely something will explode!" She glances at the oracle's signs, her face falling. "Oh, one question only, right? Sorry!" Periwinkle wiggles around to find a gem to give to her. "Hehe, Raindrop doesn't know that I have some gems of my own! He'd never let me into the marketplace otherwise. He'd never let me buy all these Bonepriest Venom vials!" She shows the oracle her little bag full of them. Very concerning. She giggles again. "Don't worry! Even if I get a big ole poison cloud, my husband is training to be a healer! He says it's cuz of dealing with me all the time but I don't think that's a bad thing right? He's got a knack for it anyway and he's helping our lair, so I don't think he should say it like it's bad. Even if I am 'giving him white scales,'" she says with air quotes, mimicking her husband's annoyed tone. "Okay! Thank you for the help! I'll go and try this right away! Surely Kravitz will let me borrow his familiar, right? Carmine serthis!" Then she's off, still mumbling about either whole firstarter baubles or crushed up ones, how many fireflowers, and other very dangerous combinations. (hehe, thanks for answering! this is super fun to write with my dragons :D)

Periwinkle makes a very considering hum, head tipped back as she thought through the answer. "Toxins, hm. I was kinda hoping for an explosion rather than poison. Like maybe the venoms would just negate each other and there'd be a huge reaction between them! Well, I don't want to knock anyone out... I could simmer it like fried eggs and get some pretty stones! Oh, but making a big explosion- but what if I add firestarter baubles? Oo, what if I add fireflowers? All together!" She twirled again, muffling giggles into her feathery tail. "Surely something will explode!"

She glances at the oracle's signs, her face falling. "Oh, one question only, right? Sorry!" Periwinkle wiggles around to find a gem to give to her. "Hehe, Raindrop doesn't know that I have some gems of my own! He'd never let me into the marketplace otherwise. He'd never let me buy all these Bonepriest Venom vials!" She shows the oracle her little bag full of them. Very concerning. She giggles again. "Don't worry! Even if I get a big ole poison cloud, my husband is training to be a healer! He says it's cuz of dealing with me all the time but I don't think that's a bad thing right? He's got a knack for it anyway and he's helping our lair, so I don't think he should say it like it's bad. Even if I am 'giving him white scales,'" she says with air quotes, mimicking her husband's annoyed tone. "Okay! Thank you for the help! I'll go and try this right away! Surely Kravitz will let me borrow his familiar, right? Carmine serthis!"

Then she's off, still mumbling about either whole firstarter baubles or crushed up ones, how many fireflowers, and other very dangerous combinations.

(hehe, thanks for answering! this is super fun to write with my dragons :D)
♥Opaline Hatchery♥
tumblr_inline_n2t755SMwm1r9ywrd.gif
♥A Beginner's Hatchery♥
@Sanzuwu

SeaBreeze is sure she would have blushed if she swung his way. "Ah, well if I demand fair price dragons might start to think I'm running a scam. Can you believe it? A scam! The gall!" She joked as she took the gems from his hand. "Now, as for your future..." she went silent for a moment, looking about him, thinking about what he might want or expect to hear. "I see you are one that decided to stay with your home while others moved away. I am not given insight as to whether this was foolish or clever. Now, as for your business, I can see that you can stay afloat while staying here in arcane lands, but perhaps down where electricity crackles you could find true wealth, enough to retire for...twenty years, at least. Assuming prices don't inflate too much, that is." She resisted rolling her eyes, the market was something fickle indeed.
@Sanzuwu

SeaBreeze is sure she would have blushed if she swung his way. "Ah, well if I demand fair price dragons might start to think I'm running a scam. Can you believe it? A scam! The gall!" She joked as she took the gems from his hand. "Now, as for your future..." she went silent for a moment, looking about him, thinking about what he might want or expect to hear. "I see you are one that decided to stay with your home while others moved away. I am not given insight as to whether this was foolish or clever. Now, as for your business, I can see that you can stay afloat while staying here in arcane lands, but perhaps down where electricity crackles you could find true wealth, enough to retire for...twenty years, at least. Assuming prices don't inflate too much, that is." She resisted rolling her eyes, the market was something fickle indeed.
gtyhuj_100x100.png Autmn_forest_2_3.jpg t-e-e-th-j-a-r.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20080114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/200802/20080114_350.png[/img] [/url] Nix came bounding up to the psychic skydancer, bumping into other dragons as she crossed the crowded street much like a careless whelpling, earning herself huffs and growls, and a largely annoyed "Watch it!" as she skidded to a halt in front of the booth. "Whoa," she smiled, looking over the tapestries and adornments decorating the stall, enchanted by the colors and foreign objects she's yet to have ever seen. The butterflies that lingered around her from her charmed mask seemed out of breath themselves, their flutterings wavering and slowed after chasing her around for the better part of the day as she rushed from stand to stand to whatever caught her attention. She'd wandered out of the sight of her clanmates some time ago, and had no doubt Fragarian, the strawberry colored tundra that raised her, would give her an earful for it. She pulled out a single gem from amidst the bird skulls and feathers adorning her, beads and bones tapping together as she raised her wings with a flutter, before folding them as she sat down with a hatchling-like plop, her legs sticking out from under her to either side as her wagging tail created a new obstacle in the street for others to step over, and placed her payment down before the psychic. "[i]Do me![/i]" she asked in eager awe, her toes kneading and tapping at the dusty cobblestone ground in her barely-contained excitement. Whether this was real or not, she didn't know, but the lady had pretty things, and either way? It might be fun to just [i]run[/i] with it.

20080114_350.png

Nix came bounding up to the psychic skydancer, bumping into other dragons as she crossed the crowded street much like a careless whelpling, earning herself huffs and growls, and a largely annoyed "Watch it!" as she skidded to a halt in front of the booth.

"Whoa," she smiled, looking over the tapestries and adornments decorating the stall, enchanted by the colors and foreign objects she's yet to have ever seen. The butterflies that lingered around her from her charmed mask seemed out of breath themselves, their flutterings wavering and slowed after chasing her around for the better part of the day as she rushed from stand to stand to whatever caught her attention. She'd wandered out of the sight of her clanmates some time ago, and had no doubt Fragarian, the strawberry colored tundra that raised her, would give her an earful for it.

She pulled out a single gem from amidst the bird skulls and feathers adorning her, beads and bones tapping together as she raised her wings with a flutter, before folding them as she sat down with a hatchling-like plop, her legs sticking out from under her to either side as her wagging tail created a new obstacle in the street for others to step over, and placed her payment down before the psychic.

"Do me!" she asked in eager awe, her toes kneading and tapping at the dusty cobblestone ground in her barely-contained excitement. Whether this was real or not, she didn't know, but the lady had pretty things, and either way? It might be fun to just run with it.
Bs0hgFP.pngZh9t7L1.pngXw0rTwn.pngiSDeBvv.png
@Venusian

SeaBreeze gasped as the gems hit her counter, this was ten times her asking price! "You are by far the most generous customer I have had in an incredibly long time, I thank you a thousand times!" She scooped all of the gems into her hands and seemed to toy with them briefly before putting them below her stand. "Now, your fortune..." she looked over the odd dragon, the first thing sticking out being the massive bag of candy they seemed to be carrying around, "a lover of sweets, hm? Bright garb with sweets on hand, you must bring much light to those around you. Someone as happy as you can't be too terrible of a person, now can they? You are the kind of dragon that creates their own destiny, not tied down by much of anything, I'm being told." The wisps drifted lazily around her in no particular pattern. "You are a very good person, you know that? Keep bringing light into the world as you do and there is nothing that will go awry."
@Venusian

SeaBreeze gasped as the gems hit her counter, this was ten times her asking price! "You are by far the most generous customer I have had in an incredibly long time, I thank you a thousand times!" She scooped all of the gems into her hands and seemed to toy with them briefly before putting them below her stand. "Now, your fortune..." she looked over the odd dragon, the first thing sticking out being the massive bag of candy they seemed to be carrying around, "a lover of sweets, hm? Bright garb with sweets on hand, you must bring much light to those around you. Someone as happy as you can't be too terrible of a person, now can they? You are the kind of dragon that creates their own destiny, not tied down by much of anything, I'm being told." The wisps drifted lazily around her in no particular pattern. "You are a very good person, you know that? Keep bringing light into the world as you do and there is nothing that will go awry."
Nimue blinked, then, clearly surprised. Was that really the kind of impression she gave off? "I- er. Thank you." She managed after a moment, shooting the oracle a genuine smile through her shock.

(Aha, she wouldn't admit it, but that would mean a lot to her. Thank you!)
Nimue blinked, then, clearly surprised. Was that really the kind of impression she gave off? "I- er. Thank you." She managed after a moment, shooting the oracle a genuine smile through her shock.

(Aha, she wouldn't admit it, but that would mean a lot to her. Thank you!)
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
[center](im new to rping here im so sorry but this was so interesting and i just finished her lore ; v ;) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41250253] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/412503/41250253_350.png[/img] [/url] Rosiona scanned the stands, her gaze falling on a silk adorned Skydancer who waved her over once their eyes met. The name of the booth caught her eye- sooth-saying? By appearance alone? She knew of a seer whose predictions were accurate, but a second opinion never hurt, right? Besides, she was being called over, and it would be rude to turn away. She slunk her way over to the stall with her head low, steps light and hesitant while winding through the loud crowd around her, shimmering wings neatly tucked to her sides and a trail of petals following behind her. Having made it to the stall, she reached into her pouch to pull out one gem between her front claws, delicately placing it down. The Skydancer was no bigger than her muzzle, the stand not much bigger, so Rosiona had lowered her head down to peer inwards. "One- one.. please, one prediction," she spoke softly, almost a whisper "If that's alright?". Of course it was alright, internally cursing herself, the oracle did set up the stall for a reason. Right, this was based on looks, okay, right. She brushed her long mane out of her face, half of it being a deep wine color that spilled down the length of her velvety muzzle, emerald eyes highlighted with gold eyeliner. The tip of her nose was wiggling as she waited, flowing tail fluff dusting the ground behind her. [/center]
(im new to rping here im so sorry but this was so interesting and i just finished her lore ; v ;)

41250253_350.png

Rosiona scanned the stands, her gaze falling on a silk adorned Skydancer who waved her over once their eyes met. The name of the booth caught her eye- sooth-saying? By appearance alone? She knew of a seer whose predictions were accurate, but a second opinion never hurt, right? Besides, she was being called over, and it would be rude to turn away. She slunk her way over to the stall with her head low, steps light and hesitant while winding through the loud crowd around her, shimmering wings neatly tucked to her sides and a trail of petals following behind her.

Having made it to the stall, she reached into her pouch to pull out one gem between her front claws, delicately placing it down. The Skydancer was no bigger than her muzzle, the stand not much bigger, so Rosiona had lowered her head down to peer inwards.

"One- one.. please, one prediction," she spoke softly, almost a whisper "If that's alright?". Of course it was alright, internally cursing herself, the oracle did set up the stall for a reason.

Right, this was based on looks, okay, right. She brushed her long mane out of her face, half of it being a deep wine color that spilled down the length of her velvety muzzle, emerald eyes highlighted with gold eyeliner. The tip of her nose was wiggling as she waited, flowing tail fluff dusting the ground behind her.
tumblr_otm7imLk9s1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngOWTbeOH.pngQVByOV9.pngtumblr_otm7imLk9s1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
@QueenBear (oh she's darling, I love her)

SeaBreeze smiled at the tundra's excitement as she collected her payment. It should be easy to impress this one.
"Ah, I see that you can be quite the troublemaker, yes. Not by any fault of your own, of course, but that reckless enthusiasm, while endearing, may land you in a sticky situation. In your future I see...lots of adventure. Yes, many fun adventures await those that charge into the riptides and brambles." Was she sugar-coating the truth? Absolutely, but she's getting paid to say stuff like this, so she shook off any feelings of regret. "I'm sure you've had plenty of fun adventures already, haven't you? In fact, it seems like you're on one right this second! Everything can be an adventure if you keep your eyes open, child, don't forget that."
@QueenBear (oh she's darling, I love her)

SeaBreeze smiled at the tundra's excitement as she collected her payment. It should be easy to impress this one.
"Ah, I see that you can be quite the troublemaker, yes. Not by any fault of your own, of course, but that reckless enthusiasm, while endearing, may land you in a sticky situation. In your future I see...lots of adventure. Yes, many fun adventures await those that charge into the riptides and brambles." Was she sugar-coating the truth? Absolutely, but she's getting paid to say stuff like this, so she shook off any feelings of regret. "I'm sure you've had plenty of fun adventures already, haven't you? In fact, it seems like you're on one right this second! Everything can be an adventure if you keep your eyes open, child, don't forget that."
@WavesOfPeace

Nix's eyes widened, her orange and violent tail finally rising from the road, aiming straight up in towards the sky her excitement, right before she sprung to her feet.

"Really?!" she asked in a hushed tone that still seemed to come off rather loud on the ears. "I need to tell Fraggy - no, I'll tell him after - maybe - maybe the adventures in the things I still haven't seen yet!" she concluded, nodding in self-agreement. "That's part of adventure. You can't have one unless there's something new, right?"

She would get all the adventure she could out of this market today. Fragarian also regularly told her that her troublemaking was, in fact, her fault, as well as her unchecked enthusiasm.

"Breathe a moment before you rush into things," he said. "Think before you spring."

Well now she had a psychic telling her otherwise that he would get to hear about. She was just being herself, after all.

"Thank you!" she trilled with a dancing hop on her toes before barreling into the crowd again, a snapper snarling at her as she cut directly through his path as she fell into a prancing trot, gazing around for something new to shove her muzzle into.

Part of her was aware that she couldn't run in full with this advice, she had learned that much, but something in her felt validated too. Maybe it wasn't so weird to want to explore things the way she did. Maybe it was alright to never "settle down".

Her head was held high as she made her way to a stall filled with baubles and bones of all sorts, a determination to her wandering step.
@WavesOfPeace

Nix's eyes widened, her orange and violent tail finally rising from the road, aiming straight up in towards the sky her excitement, right before she sprung to her feet.

"Really?!" she asked in a hushed tone that still seemed to come off rather loud on the ears. "I need to tell Fraggy - no, I'll tell him after - maybe - maybe the adventures in the things I still haven't seen yet!" she concluded, nodding in self-agreement. "That's part of adventure. You can't have one unless there's something new, right?"

She would get all the adventure she could out of this market today. Fragarian also regularly told her that her troublemaking was, in fact, her fault, as well as her unchecked enthusiasm.

"Breathe a moment before you rush into things," he said. "Think before you spring."

Well now she had a psychic telling her otherwise that he would get to hear about. She was just being herself, after all.

"Thank you!" she trilled with a dancing hop on her toes before barreling into the crowd again, a snapper snarling at her as she cut directly through his path as she fell into a prancing trot, gazing around for something new to shove her muzzle into.

Part of her was aware that she couldn't run in full with this advice, she had learned that much, but something in her felt validated too. Maybe it wasn't so weird to want to explore things the way she did. Maybe it was alright to never "settle down".

Her head was held high as she made her way to a stall filled with baubles and bones of all sorts, a determination to her wandering step.
Bs0hgFP.pngZh9t7L1.pngXw0rTwn.pngiSDeBvv.png
@TwiliPriestess

SeaBreeze didn't quite know what to say. Sure she had met dragons easily twice her size and stood against them, but this one is a skyscraper! This one could hop up to the top of the Pillar if she wanted to! She forgot to take the gem off her counter in an attempt to figure out how to approach scamming a giant.

"If you'll excuse me, I must take to the air for just a moment, as getting a fuller scope of your form will grant me better vision, pun not intended I assure you." SeaBreeze backed away from her stand and took to the air, silks fluttering around her looking magnificent, but hindering her movement. She circled in the air for a short while, trying to think of what to say, then came back down to the ground and walked back to her stand.
"I apologize for the wait. I have seen that you are a lonely soul indeed, life trailing behind wherever you go, but no soul to accompany. Your tale is one of beautiful tragedy, abandoned monuments and barbed fences, but you have become all the more beautiful for it, have you not? A lonely soul always reaches out to others, a damaged body wants to heal others, I can see that some day that 'other' will come to you." She took a deep breath, and snatched the gem off the counter, finally having remembered its existence. Boy, the dragon in front of her is large, but breathtakingly beautiful. If she weren't bound by professionalism, she would have asked to have lunch some time with her.

(hey google have you ever been gay for a dragon?? because I am at this very moment. I love this derg and it would be an honor to write with her again.)
@TwiliPriestess

SeaBreeze didn't quite know what to say. Sure she had met dragons easily twice her size and stood against them, but this one is a skyscraper! This one could hop up to the top of the Pillar if she wanted to! She forgot to take the gem off her counter in an attempt to figure out how to approach scamming a giant.

"If you'll excuse me, I must take to the air for just a moment, as getting a fuller scope of your form will grant me better vision, pun not intended I assure you." SeaBreeze backed away from her stand and took to the air, silks fluttering around her looking magnificent, but hindering her movement. She circled in the air for a short while, trying to think of what to say, then came back down to the ground and walked back to her stand.
"I apologize for the wait. I have seen that you are a lonely soul indeed, life trailing behind wherever you go, but no soul to accompany. Your tale is one of beautiful tragedy, abandoned monuments and barbed fences, but you have become all the more beautiful for it, have you not? A lonely soul always reaches out to others, a damaged body wants to heal others, I can see that some day that 'other' will come to you." She took a deep breath, and snatched the gem off the counter, finally having remembered its existence. Boy, the dragon in front of her is large, but breathtakingly beautiful. If she weren't bound by professionalism, she would have asked to have lunch some time with her.

(hey google have you ever been gay for a dragon?? because I am at this very moment. I love this derg and it would be an honor to write with her again.)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10