Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [IC] Ringwyrms?! (What a nasty pair!)
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][size=6][b][u][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2493483]Official Ringwyrm Subspecies Hub[/url][/b][/u][/size] This thread is no longer updated. Click the link above for more information![/center] Lol sorry, I might actually call this pair "ringwyrms" if I can't think of anything better. I wanted to do a quick interest check for them because I'm almost ready to regene and breed them! They were my second big breeding project and started as a familiar scry for the Anomalous Nekomata. Their lore is very much under construction, but I wanted to write a little something different from another lore project I've been struggling with. [s]Transitions are hard!![/s] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/D2EKTlM.png[/img][/center] [u][b]Lore[/b][/u] Meet Lenka and Ahnu! (Well, Lenka and Ahnu after their makeover.) These two are the first members of the Ringwyrm Subspecies, a type of spiral that makes their homes in cemeteries. They tunnel through and around graves and are something of a disgrace to their origin flight, Light, and especially despised by Earth for their apparent disregard for the dead. All Ringwyrms are opportunistic vampires and obligate carnivores who are not above occasionally latching onto unsuspecting larger breeds for a snack! (I'm super regretting their name, but it's also...[I]grown on me[/I].) Some have moist, slimy skin with bands like earthworms, while others have soft scales like skinks. They are all exceptional diggers and prefer to live underground, occasionally hunting and working above at night. The older a Ringwrym, the longer horns it has. [u][b]Range[/b][/u] Primary: Umber Metallic Secondary: Umber, Sable, or Clay Eye Spots Tertiary: Soil Ghost Breed: Spiral Flight: Light (possible Earth variant) [u][b]Variants[/b][/u] [b]Loam [color=2e1d1a](Umber)[/b][/color] - Most common on the surface of the earth, after rain. They have the best night camouflage and are excellent tree wardens. Often pepper the earth with seeds so a cemetery experiences a curious explosion of growth after a storm. Work closely with Deeps to ensure the integrity of nurseries and gardens, and Decays to fertilize their plots. [b]Decay [color=57372c](Sable)[/b][/color] - Decays are able to sense the first stirrings of disease in flesh and, depending on the individual, either fix it...or exploit it. Decays have the ability to break down bone with their saliva like komodos, which with Loams they use to develop nutrient pastes. Work closely with Deeps to balance their home's energy for the best grounding experience. [b]Deep Earth [color=5e3e3c](Clay)[/b][/color] - Deeps have a knack for sculpting, especially with clay. They are the most sensitive to vibrations and predict weather and groundwater locations by reading the anticipatory trembling of roots. Work with Loams to establish larger networks of roots for information, and Decays to fossilize bones for increased structural integrity. Pinglist was here! I'll reply to this post once hatchlings are available. Let me know if you're interested in them or would like to follow the species' development!
Official Ringwyrm Subspecies Hub
This thread is no longer updated. Click the link above for more information!

Lol sorry, I might actually call this pair "ringwyrms" if I can't think of anything better. I wanted to do a quick interest check for them because I'm almost ready to regene and breed them! They were my second big breeding project and started as a familiar scry for the Anomalous Nekomata. Their lore is very much under construction, but I wanted to write a little something different from another lore project I've been struggling with. Transitions are hard!!
D2EKTlM.png

Lore

Meet Lenka and Ahnu! (Well, Lenka and Ahnu after their makeover.) These two are the first members of the Ringwyrm Subspecies, a type of spiral that makes their homes in cemeteries. They tunnel through and around graves and are something of a disgrace to their origin flight, Light, and especially despised by Earth for their apparent disregard for the dead.

All Ringwyrms are opportunistic vampires and obligate carnivores who are not above occasionally latching onto unsuspecting larger breeds for a snack! (I'm super regretting their name, but it's also...grown on me.) Some have moist, slimy skin with bands like earthworms, while others have soft scales like skinks. They are all exceptional diggers and prefer to live underground, occasionally hunting and working above at night. The older a Ringwrym, the longer horns it has.

Range

Primary: Umber Metallic
Secondary: Umber, Sable, or Clay Eye Spots
Tertiary: Soil Ghost
Breed: Spiral
Flight: Light (possible Earth variant)

Variants

Loam (Umber) - Most common on the surface of the earth, after rain. They have the best night camouflage and are excellent tree wardens. Often pepper the earth with seeds so a cemetery experiences a curious explosion of growth after a storm. Work closely with Deeps to ensure the integrity of nurseries and gardens, and Decays to fertilize their plots.

Decay (Sable) - Decays are able to sense the first stirrings of disease in flesh and, depending on the individual, either fix it...or exploit it. Decays have the ability to break down bone with their saliva like komodos, which with Loams they use to develop nutrient pastes. Work closely with Deeps to balance their home's energy for the best grounding experience.

Deep Earth (Clay) - Deeps have a knack for sculpting, especially with clay. They are the most sensitive to vibrations and predict weather and groundwater locations by reading the anticipatory trembling of roots. Work with Loams to establish larger networks of roots for information, and Decays to fossilize bones for increased structural integrity.

Pinglist was here!

I'll reply to this post once hatchlings are available. Let me know if you're interested in them or would like to follow the species' development!
0Xrg9Di.png
Wow I love these! I'd definitely want a hatchling when they're ready!
Wow I love these! I'd definitely want a hatchling when they're ready!
wsTw09i.png
Hah. I'm Daganronpa trash. ;D
//coughcough my lair is bad
@0SmolBean

Thank you! Added to the pinglist!
@0SmolBean

Thank you! Added to the pinglist!
0Xrg9Di.png
I would love a ping when you hatch a nest from these two! Very cool idea for a subspecies.
I would love a ping when you hatch a nest from these two! Very cool idea for a subspecies.
@StrangeStorm

Added! Thank you! :D
@StrangeStorm

Added! Thank you! :D
0Xrg9Di.png
ooh, i'd love to be on the pinglist too
ooh, i'd love to be on the pinglist too
6h4Ol4n.pngXiejUgd.pngvJUVQ0t.pngcGS2SD8.png
@crowworm
Added!
@crowworm
Added!