Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Masks and Brights, Lore Subspecies!
1 2
Abstract
In my lore I've been working out two rival factions of assassins, each pretty different. Each tends to be on retainer of the rich and regal, so there's a lot of competition between them, especially because of the very different styles they each have. Outsiders only see them as rival troupes of entertainers and nothing more. Art and politics rarely untangle.
Its clowns vs mimes y'all
I figured I'd put the info about them out there somewhere in case other people wanted to use these factions in their own lore!

Choose your side
I am subscribed, so no need to @, no biggie if you do though!
Abstract
In my lore I've been working out two rival factions of assassins, each pretty different. Each tends to be on retainer of the rich and regal, so there's a lot of competition between them, especially because of the very different styles they each have. Outsiders only see them as rival troupes of entertainers and nothing more. Art and politics rarely untangle.
Its clowns vs mimes y'all
I figured I'd put the info about them out there somewhere in case other people wanted to use these factions in their own lore!

Choose your side
I am subscribed, so no need to @, no biggie if you do though!
tumblr_p6i1at7sdY1x89azco6_1280.gif
[size=5][b]Brights[/b][/size] [indent]As their name might imply, these are the flashier of the two groups. Dragons in the brights tend to be very colorful, in dress, genes, and personality, and have a reputation for rowdiness. The Brights scout skilled performers they come across and recruit them as apprentices. During a dragons apprenticeship they are evaluated for their potential, and from their they either graduate into the organization or are kicked out, never learning the actual motives of the Brights. Upon graduation, they receive a new name, representing their new life. This name is often silly, and a callback to Brights of the past who were especially famed amongst them. The Brights are loud, extravagant performers. Music, dancing, and comedy all kinds are in their typical repertoire. They are well known for getting a whole room riled up and singing along! Near the end of the night, when everyones in a smily warm stupor, a Bright uses their extensive training in poisoning on their mark. When they leave, nobody is the wiser.[/indent] [size=4][b]Coloration[/b][/size] [indent]Bright clashing colors. No whites, grays, blacks, or earth-tones. Think jewel-tone, or clown-tone. Try to avoid matching your primaries/secondaries/tertiaries.[/indent] [size=4][b]Genes[/b][/size] [indent] Its not required that a Bright has these verbatim and other genes are cool, but these make the obnoxious contrasting colors just pop that much more. [item=Primary Gene: Pinstripe][item=Secondary Gene: Trail][item=Tertiary Gene: Smirch][item=Primary Gene: Jaguar][item=Secondary Gene: Rosette][item=Primary Gene: Petals][item=Tertiary Gene: Thylacine][item=Secondary Gene: Butterfly][item=Secondary Gene: Toxin][item=Primary Gene: Poison][item=Secondary Gene: Hypnotic][item=Primary Gene: Vipera][item=Tertiary Gene: Okapi][item=Primary Gene: Clown] [/indent] [size=4][b]Some Scrys[/b][/size] [center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/e62108dbcb3e60fe21269d569505d926/tumblr_p40b5ylqnE1x0zdiao1_250.png[/img][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/d9afdc7898516acd34fc5fcca9d0fbc4/tumblr_p40b5ylqnE1x0zdiao2_250.png[/img][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/53d22a234170b6b4ceb6e0ef35a41424/tumblr_p40b5ylqnE1x0zdiao3_250.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b]Apparel[/b][/size] [indent]Like genes, these are just suggestions of the good stuff. Clashing colors and too much frills recommended! [item=Sarcastic Jester's Motley][item=Ornate Copper Jewelry][item=The Vibrant Rogue][item=Butterfly's Kiss][item=Box of Hanks][item=Buttercup Lace Box][item=Tricktrouper Crown][item=Bouquet of Flowers][item=Prismatic Bundle][item=Jewelry Box][item=Entertainer Trunk][item=Trickster's Motley][item=Glorious Sweater][/indent] [size=4][b]Items for Bios[/b][/size] [indent][item=Corpsemaker Ivy][item=Leopard Coralclimber Toxin][item=Vial of Mysterious Toxin][item=Maidens Blush][item=Fever Fly][item=Venomous Fly][item=Dancer's Bell][item=Pink Chalcedony][item=Tropical Seaslug][item=Potted Peacevine][item=Unstable Serthis Concoction][item=Powerful Serthis Poison][item=Irradiated Pear][item=Peacock Scorpion Tail][item=Firebelly Scorpion][item=Buzzwing Vampire][item=Banded Dart Frog][item=Shimmering Cloth] [/indent]
Brights
As their name might imply, these are the flashier of the two groups. Dragons in the brights tend to be very colorful, in dress, genes, and personality, and have a reputation for rowdiness. The Brights scout skilled performers they come across and recruit them as apprentices. During a dragons apprenticeship they are evaluated for their potential, and from their they either graduate into the organization or are kicked out, never learning the actual motives of the Brights. Upon graduation, they receive a new name, representing their new life. This name is often silly, and a callback to Brights of the past who were especially famed amongst them.

The Brights are loud, extravagant performers. Music, dancing, and comedy all kinds are in their typical repertoire. They are well known for getting a whole room riled up and singing along! Near the end of the night, when everyones in a smily warm stupor, a Bright uses their extensive training in poisoning on their mark. When they leave, nobody is the wiser.

Coloration
Bright clashing colors. No whites, grays, blacks, or earth-tones. Think jewel-tone, or clown-tone. Try to avoid matching your primaries/secondaries/tertiaries.

Genes
Its not required that a Bright has these verbatim and other genes are cool, but these make the obnoxious contrasting colors just pop that much more.
Primary Gene: Pinstripe Secondary Gene: Trail Tertiary Gene: Smirch Primary Gene: Jaguar Secondary Gene: Rosette Primary Gene: Petals Tertiary Gene: Thylacine Secondary Gene: Butterfly Secondary Gene: Toxin Primary Gene: Poison Secondary Gene: Hypnotic Primary Gene: Vipera Tertiary Gene: Okapi Primary Gene: Clown

Some Scrys
tumblr_p40b5ylqnE1x0zdiao1_250.pngtumblr_p40b5ylqnE1x0zdiao2_250.pngtumblr_p40b5ylqnE1x0zdiao3_250.png

Apparel
Like genes, these are just suggestions of the good stuff. Clashing colors and too much frills recommended!
Sarcastic Jester's Motley Ornate Copper Jewelry The Vibrant Rogue Butterfly's Kiss Box of Hanks Buttercup Lace Box Tricktrouper Crown Bouquet of Flowers Prismatic Bundle Jewelry Box Entertainer Trunk Trickster's Motley Glorious Sweater

Items for Bios
Corpsemaker Ivy Leopard Coralclimber Toxin Vial of Mysterious Toxin Maidens Blush Fever Fly Venomous Fly Dancer's Bell Pink Chalcedony Tropical Seaslug Potted Peacevine Unstable Serthis Concoction Powerful Serthis Poison Irradiated Pear Peacock Scorpion Tail Firebelly Scorpion Buzzwing Vampire Banded Dart Frog Shimmering Cloth
[size=5][b]Masks[/b][/size] [indent]Masks tend to be more refined and less boisterous than Brights. While brights make everything in a room revolve around them, Masks are more fit for delicate and more formal high society events. One may paint for a group or do slight of hand. They pride themselves in thier intricate "magic" that astonishes adults and hatchlings alike. They are also very skilled in animal taming, often owning doves or dangerous creatures to add a small flourish to their performance. Masks also may be on retainer to write poetry or record memoirs for the wealthy. There are two ways to become a Mask. One, is to be born into it. Another is to be given away. When a client requires the Masks for a job they cannot afford, one option is to pay with a hatchling of theirs. That hatchling is brought into the fold and raised without their parents as a Mask. There is no choice to join and none to leave. Brights are reckless, going after their marks in plain sight. Masks wait until the end of the evening, when their target is dozing off to ensure that they don't wake up. [/indent] [size=4][b]Coloration[/b][/size] [indent]Masks prefer to be under the radar. Their colorations tend to be monochromatic. Blacks, whites, greys, and desaturated browns, are common.[/indent] [size=4][b]Genes[/b][/size] [indent][item=Secondary Gene: Striation][item=Primary Gene: Tapir][item=Secondary Gene: Bee][item=Primary Gene: Savannah][item=Tertiary Gene: Opal][item=Tertiary Gene: Lace][item=Secondary Gene: Alloy][item=Primary Gene: Metallic][item=Tertiary Gene: Contour][item=Secondary Gene: Paint][item=Primary Gene: Piebald][item=Secondary Gene: Daub][item=Primary Gene: Bar][item=Secondary Gene: Seraph] [/indent] [size=4][b]Some Scries[/b][/size] [center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/d69133b82fd97247e61422d9b2447071/tumblr_p40dozBK1L1x0zdiao2_250.png[/img][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/afe380b25648a797594ec9c0712f0e31/tumblr_p40dozBK1L1x0zdiao1_250.png[/img][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/95edbc34d0708007e72532ccfc7bc28c/tumblr_p40dozBK1L1x0zdiao4_250.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b]Apparel[/b][/size] [indent][item=Raven Grove][item=Contrast Aviator Gear][item=Ash Lace Box][item=][item=Trickster's Magic Cards][item=Deadpan Jester's Motley][item=The Contrast Rogue][item=][item=Fancy Suit Alterations][item=Silver Sylvan Collection][item=A Flourish of Pearl][item=Moonglow Thorns][item=Gossamer Silks][item=Inkwell Plumage][item=Masquerade Duds][item=Pristine Thorn Tangle][item=Black Suit][item=Night Ribbons][item=Ornate Iron Jewelry][item=Midnight Sandwastes Garb][item=Black Renaissance Box][item=] [/indent] [size=4][b]Items for Bios[/b][/size] [indent][item=Metal Claws][item=Black Swan][item=Weathered Grimoire][item=Expertly-Crafted Spear][item=Wooden Flute][item=Sharpened Scythe][item=Phytocat Toy][item=Royal Lantana][item=Forgotten Poet's Tools][item=Intact Parchment][item=Snowshoe Rabbit][item=Unfinished Painting][item=Black Hainu Collar][item=][item=Fishing Net][item=Marva's Bottomless Hat][item=Opal Cobra][item=][item=White Pawn] [/indent]
Masks
Masks tend to be more refined and less boisterous than Brights. While brights make everything in a room revolve around them, Masks are more fit for delicate and more formal high society events. One may paint for a group or do slight of hand. They pride themselves in thier intricate "magic" that astonishes adults and hatchlings alike. They are also very skilled in animal taming, often owning doves or dangerous creatures to add a small flourish to their performance. Masks also may be on retainer to write poetry or record memoirs for the wealthy.

There are two ways to become a Mask. One, is to be born into it. Another is to be given away. When a client requires the Masks for a job they cannot afford, one option is to pay with a hatchling of theirs. That hatchling is brought into the fold and raised without their parents as a Mask. There is no choice to join and none to leave.

Brights are reckless, going after their marks in plain sight. Masks wait until the end of the evening, when their target is dozing off to ensure that they don't wake up.

Coloration
Masks prefer to be under the radar. Their colorations tend to be monochromatic. Blacks, whites, greys, and desaturated browns, are common.

Genes
Secondary Gene: Striation Primary Gene: Tapir Secondary Gene: Bee Primary Gene: Savannah Tertiary Gene: Opal Tertiary Gene: Lace Secondary Gene: Alloy Primary Gene: Metallic Tertiary Gene: Contour Secondary Gene: Paint Primary Gene: Piebald Secondary Gene: Daub Primary Gene: Bar Secondary Gene: Seraph

Some Scries
tumblr_p40dozBK1L1x0zdiao2_250.pngtumblr_p40dozBK1L1x0zdiao1_250.pngtumblr_p40dozBK1L1x0zdiao4_250.png
Apparel
Raven Grove Contrast Aviator Gear Ash Lace Box Trickster's Magic Cards Deadpan Jester's Motley The Contrast Rogue Silver Sylvan Collection A Flourish of Pearl Moonglow Thorns Gossamer Silks Inkwell Plumage Masquerade Duds Pristine Thorn Tangle Night Ribbons Ornate Iron Jewelry Midnight Sandwastes Garb Black Renaissance Box

Items for Bios
Metal Claws Black Swan Weathered Grimoire Expertly-Crafted Spear Wooden Flute Sharpened Scythe Phytocat Toy Royal Lantana Forgotten Poet's Tools Intact Parchment Snowshoe Rabbit Unfinished Painting Black Hainu Collar Fishing Net Marva's Bottomless Hat Opal Cobra White Pawn
[size=5][b]Registry[/b][/size] [indent]Let me know if you use the lore and want to pop your guys in the registry![/indent] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34488922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/344890/34488922.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39089094][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390891/39089094.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38800783] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/388008/38800783.png[/img] [/url] [size=5][b]Pinglist[/b][/size] [indent] /Shadowfire1223 [/indent]
Registry
Let me know if you use the lore and want to pop your guys in the registry!

34488922.png
39089094.png 38800783.png

Pinglist
/Shadowfire1223
okay everyhtings open let me know what you think!
okay everyhtings open let me know what you think!
@Volcanows Do Brights have to be XYZ with all three colors in different parts of the spectrum? That does seem to be what the description says, but I want to be certain.
@Volcanows Do Brights have to be XYZ with all three colors in different parts of the spectrum? That does seem to be what the description says, but I want to be certain.
Oblivion-Rising-Sig.png
An Elder Scrolls fandragon project
@Vanshira i literally just changed my mind and edited it lol

as long as theyre not completely similar colors like all pink or all orange theyre good!
@Vanshira i literally just changed my mind and edited it lol

as long as theyre not completely similar colors like all pink or all orange theyre good!
@Volcanows

okay yes I love this and everything about it

if you got a "general news/update/hey we got sum breedin' goin' down" pinglist I wanna be on it
@Volcanows

okay yes I love this and everything about it

if you got a "general news/update/hey we got sum breedin' goin' down" pinglist I wanna be on it
FBljwoz.png "To see a maiden dance around the fire is not so strange;
but fire dances 'round the limbs of this uncommon maid!
Be brave enough to burn and you'll be brave enough to fly;
join your sister Solace as she lights the morning sky!"
@Shadowfire1223

totes ill make one rn!! im glad you like it!
@Shadowfire1223

totes ill make one rn!! im glad you like it!
she ain't got a name or outfit yet but I got me a gen 2 imp girl and I know exactly what I wanna do with her ;D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38800783] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/388008/38800783_350.png[/img] [/url]
she ain't got a name or outfit yet

but I got me a gen 2 imp girl and I know exactly what I wanna do with her ;D

38800783_350.png
FBljwoz.png "To see a maiden dance around the fire is not so strange;
but fire dances 'round the limbs of this uncommon maid!
Be brave enough to burn and you'll be brave enough to fly;
join your sister Solace as she lights the morning sky!"
1 2