Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Lore Final: The Stolen Eggs
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379164/37916340_350.png?mtime=Wi1KPwAB2Ss[/img] The ancient one, Fissure [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379573/37957210_350.png?mtime=Wi9ZJgACf0o[/img] The young one, Ignea [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/376304/37630368_350.png?mtime=WjGdLQACoLg[/img] The friend, Shyme [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/374083/37408265_350.png?mtime=WjGc8AAComE[/img] The traitor, Ahmet. I love my clan X3 //also I really hope the images work!!
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379164/37916340_350.png?mtime=Wi1KPwAB2Ss[/img]

The ancient one, Fissure

[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379573/37957210_350.png?mtime=Wi9ZJgACf0o[/img]

The young one, Ignea

[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/376304/37630368_350.png?mtime=WjGdLQACoLg[/img]

The friend, Shyme

[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/374083/37408265_350.png?mtime=WjGc8AAComE[/img]

The traitor, Ahmet.
I love my clan X3

//also I really hope the images work!!

xwx

POV YOURE JUST A LITTLE HATER
[center]------------------------------------ THE ANCIENT ONE ------------------------------------ nyctophobia [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/284438/28443748_350.png[/img][/center] nyctophobia has kept her appearance young due to some potent magic she had learnt over her early days in her clan. someday, she might pass that knowledge onto her children so that they can learn it. this old mirror hides down in the dingy and dark tunnels of her clan's hideout, only crawling out of the twisting catacombs to heed advice to others and for an important event. ------------------------------------ THE YOUNG ONE ------------------------------------ joria [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380050/38004966_350.png[/img] joria is incredibly curious and loves to explore the twisting and turning tunnels, but occasionally gets lost and often regrets her decision to do a certain thing, as she isn't a good decision maker. this little spiral is a troublemaker and often annoys the older, crankier dragons without meaning to annoy them or without realising it. ------------------------------------ THE FRIEND ------------------------------------ leviathan [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311990/31198922_350.png[/img] leviathan is a good friend of pretty much anyone and tries to get along with everyone in the clan. this spiral is probably the friendliest and is open-minded. he loves talking to others, is rather charming and is an outgoing chatterbox. he can convince quite a lot of dragons into doing a number of different things, even though he hardly does anything for this to happen. ------------------------------------ THE PROGENITOR ------------------------------------ nimera [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/330274/33027305_350.png[/img] (wip) ------------------------------------ THE TRAITOR ------------------------------------ andrus [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/369944/36994327_350.png[/img] (wip) ------------------------------------ THE LOVED ONE ------------------------------------ adrian [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329836/32983540_350.png[/img] (wip)[/center]

THE ANCIENT ONE

nyctophobia
28443748_350.png

nyctophobia has kept her appearance young due to some potent magic she had learnt over her early days in her clan. someday, she might pass that knowledge onto her children so that they can learn it. this old mirror hides down in the dingy and dark tunnels of her clan's hideout, only crawling out of the twisting catacombs to heed advice to others and for an important event.

THE YOUNG ONE

joria

38004966_350.png

joria is incredibly curious and loves to explore the twisting and turning tunnels, but occasionally gets lost and often regrets her decision to do a certain thing, as she isn't a good decision maker. this little spiral is a troublemaker and often annoys the older, crankier dragons without meaning to annoy them or without realising it.

THE FRIEND

leviathan

31198922_350.png

leviathan is a good friend of pretty much anyone and tries to get along with everyone in the clan. this spiral is probably the friendliest and is open-minded. he loves talking to others, is rather charming and is an outgoing chatterbox. he can convince quite a lot of dragons into doing a number of different things, even though he hardly does anything for this to happen.

THE PROGENITOR

nimera

33027305_350.png

(wip)

THE TRAITOR

andrus

36994327_350.png

(wip)

THE LOVED ONE

adrian

32983540_350.png

(wip)
[center][Claim] I haven't shared any of my dragons yet but I hope to get a fun little story out of this [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391034940449619969/391034994224791572/dragon.png[/img] [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]IMPETUOUS[/size] [size=5][The Progenitor][/color][/size][/font] [i]"Impetuous is true to his namesake; impulsive and brash. It may one day lead to his fall."[/i] [b]Information:[/b] Age: 175 Cycles Sex: Male Sexuality: Straight Rank in the Hierarchy: Leader Original Element: Lightning Current Clan Element: Ice Length: 7.42 Meters Wingspan: 8.89 Meters Weight: 787.71 Kilograms --- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391034940449619969/391040166103613449/dragon.png[/img] [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]LUNARI[/size] [size=5][The Ancient One][/color][/size][/font] [i]"Me? I have seen horrors beyond your nightmares, child, but I have also seen wonders greater than your dreams. I do believe that the wonders of my life far outweigh the horrors."[/i] [b]Information:[/b] Age: 310 Cycles Sex: Female Sexuality: Lesbian Rank in the Hierarchy: Elder, Adviser, Shaman Original Element: Arcane Current Clan Element: Ice Length: 5 Meters Wingspan: 3.46 Meters Weight: 450.66 Kilograms --- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391034940449619969/391043719752581120/dragon.png[/img] [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]NIELS[/size] [size=5][The Young One][/color][/size][/font] [i]"Dedicated to your sweetheart, I can see that. Your love may be your greatest asset, young one, but it may also be your downfall."[/i] [b]Information:[/b] Age: 50 Cycles Sex: Male Sexuality: Straight Rank in the Hierarchy: Apprentice Guard, Father Original Element: Shadow Current Clan Element: Ice Length: 3.59 Meters Wingspan: 3.76 Meters Weight: 497.5 Kilograms --- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391034940449619969/391045856733954049/dragon.png[/img] [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]MIYASI[/size] [size=5][The Loved One][/color][/size][/font] [i]"She's tough, that one. Fierce but tender, and beautiful beyond anyone's expectations... she may be too dedicated to the things she believes in."[/i] [b]Information:[/b] Age: 50 Cycles Sex: Female Sexuality: Bisexual Rank in the Hierarchy: Apprentice Shaman, Mother, Exile Original Element: Light Current Clan Element: Ice Length: 3.74 Meters Wingspan: 6.6 Meters Weight: 554.82 Kilograms --- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391034940449619969/391049043658276864/dragon.png[/img] [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]AURE[/size] [size=5][The Friend][/color][/size][/font] [i]"Ahh... Aure. Eccentric and blind to negativity... Her love for the world and its wonders outweighed anything reason that might have been."[/i] [b]Information:[/b] Age: 240 Cycles Sex: Female Sexuality: Lesbian Rank in the Hierarchy: Deceased, Former Trader Original Element: Ice Current Clan Element: Ice Length: 3.95 Meters Wingspan: 6.43 Meters Weight: 492.55 Kilograms --- [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391034940449619969/391056274428657664/dragon.png[/img] [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]BOLBEC[/size] [size=5][The Traitor][/color][/size][/font] [i]"Fancies herself a princess, a mother, a queen. She is the storm to the light our world can bring, and yet... one cannot help but feel a certain pity for her."[/i] [b]Information:[/b] Age: 75 Cycles Sex: Female Sexuality: Bisexual Rank in the Hierarchy: Apprentice Guard Original Element: Ice Current Clan Element: Ice Length: 2.87 Meters Wingspan: 5.12 Meters Weight: 436.31 Kilograms --- [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]CHAPTER ONE[/size] [size=5][Prologue][/color][/size][/font] Lunari’s jaded gaze scanned over Niels with pity. She had helped him hatch from his egg when he was but a hatchling, had watched over him for his entire life from her cave at the edge of the clan’s camp. Never once had he approached her of his own accord, though Impetuous and the rest of the clan had once forced him and the other hatchlings to her den for their blessings. His eyes were desperate, two vibrant purple orbs piercing into her own pinkish ones. “Please,” he whispered. Lunari slid thick dark green lids down, blocking her vision as she let out a small, broken sigh. “Niels,” she said softly, “regardless of what I tell you, Miyasi will still be gone. She is banished, probably long gone with the wind.” [i]”NO!”[/i] Niels burst out, [i]”don’t say that! DON’T!”[/i] She couldn’t help but admire his resilience, his refusal to give up. She lowered herself onto her belly, opening her pink eyes again. Niels was fuzzy in her vision, from the cataracts that had long since taken up their residence within her gaze. “You must sit if I am to tell you this, Niels,” she prompted him calmly, though her heart ached for the young dragon. She remembered watching them together, below the Black Tulip tree that branched over her side of the camp. It had been fall, the first time they met there, the black petals raining down around them. Niels had been a kaleidoscope of colors, all beautiful but clashing with one another. He held a hibiscus in his mouth, and had given it to Miyasi. Miyasi had much more color sense than Niels; she was all golden that first day, marigolds if she remembered correctly… then again, however, they might have been daisies or roses. Her old eyes couldn’t really see much from that distance. Niels dropped to his hindquarters faster than Lunari could blink. She took a small breath, and closed her eyes again, letting herself drift. “I believe we must begin with my first friend,” she mused, sucking in a breath at the pain that rose within her chest at the thought, “Niels, you best strap in for a long story.” [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]CHAPTER TWO[/size] [size=5][Youth][/color][/size][/font] Her large paws made very soft thumping noises as she padded softly along the very outskirts of their land in the Snowsquall Tundra. They lived near to the Cloundscape Crags, one of the places that she felt most comfortable. Small as she was, she couldn’t help but enjoy the thrill of climbing and launching herself from the highest peak she could safely reach. Her pearl bounced lightly against her chest, where she had strung it into a necklace of sorts that helped her carry it on these expeditions. She was an outlander, afterall. The one of her clan who travelled far and wide to collect items and information about anything and everything that she deemed important. She crested a small rise, flicking her ears mildly. They pricked up in confusion, and interest, as a sound began to vibrate towards her. “Goods! Goods for sale, cheap and high quality! Goods, goods!” This might be interesting. The dragoness followed the sound for less than a half a mile before she stumbled into the… shop of sorts. The female who was sitting, surrounded by various goods, was another Pearlcatcher. “Hey there! I’ve got some goods for sale, are you interested?” The female’s icy gaze was bright with excitement and positivity, and the darker pearlcatcher felt herself cringing away from the sheer waves of energy rolling off of her. “Who are you?” The female asked with a broad smile, “I’m Aure, travelling trader!” She raised her gaze. “My name is Lunari,” she offered reluctantly, “Outrider to the Winter’s Rose Clan of the Southern Icefield, faithful servant to the Icewarden.” “I know where we are, silly!” Aure trilled happily, “And if you cared to look, I am also under the Icewarden’s protection.” The female turned slightly, stretching one eye wide to show the almost clear crystal blue of her iris. Lunari flattened her ears. “Just because you were laid in the Icewarden’s realm doesn’t mean you serve him,” she said hostilely. Aure gave a little trill of amusement. “No, I suppose it doesn’t!” she laughed, “but what reason have I to lie to you?” Lunari contemplated the question for a long moment. “None that are plain to me,” she answered, her veil of aggression beginning to fade, “but that doesn’t mean you don’t have a reason that I don’t see.” Aure smiled broadly. “You’re a funny one, Lunari,” she chirped, “I think I quite like you.” “You’ve barely known me ten minutes.” “Doesn’t mean I don’t like you,” Aure said reasonably, leaping out from her cluttered stand, “I’ve met so many dragons in my short cycles, I can tell that you’re not a bad one.” --- Lunari plodded along beside Aure, who was making small whirring sounds to her right. “Do you [i]have[/i] to have those stupid gears on at all times?” she asked irritably, turning her gaze over to the poison winged pearlcatcher. Aure, who had recently acquired a full set of ‘Steampunk’ gear, turned her innocent gaze to Lunari. “Why wouldn’t I?” “Because they [i]whir and whir[/i] and it drives me insane.” Aure got a small, slightly mischievous look on her face and pressed against Lunari. “You sure it isn’t just me that drives you insane?” she purred with a minor tone of seductivity below her voice. Lunari flushed, groaning as she pulled away from her longtime friend. “You’re terrible,” she scolded Aure half heartedly, “You [i]know[/i] how irritated the clan is about us! You can’t be showing it so much in public.” Aure flapped her wings with a giggle. “Who's here to see us, Lunari? We’re hundreds of miles from the Southern Icefield, and even if we weren’t…” she turned her piercing silver-blue eyes to Lunari’s pink ones, “they had better get used to it. You’re their only Shaman, they can’t afford to lose you for any longer than this trip!” That sent a small thorn through Lunari’s heart. She lowered her eyes, the pained reality of the fact that she would not be able to see Aure for months at a time curling through her brain. “You promised to write,” Lunari murmured. “And I [i]will[/i].” Lunari gave a small, pained sigh, and lifted her head again. “We need to hurry,” she mused absently, “it’s still another hundred miles to the Sunbeam Ruins.” --- “It was what Aure told me before I departed at the border of the Sunbeam Ruins that led to the chain reaction of events that has led to Miyasi’s exile,” Lunari murmured to Neils softly. “A sacrifice of eggs, it was rumored to be,” she turned away with raised mane, “could lead to the blessing from a god. It could lead to a queenship, and a blessing of motherhood.” “I suppose, however,” Lunari sighed, “that does not suffice as an explanation.” “No, it doesn’t,” Niels said weakly, “I don’t know what any of that means.” “Who says it means anything?” Lunari murmured, her glassy pink eyes rolling upwards to the roof of her cave, “I told you at the beginning that I did not believe Miyasi could be saved.” “It means something,” the grey leopard dragon said firmly, “I refuse to believe that you would lie to me or trick me.” Lunari gave a weak smile. “You are the most trusting young dragonette I have met,” she mused tiredly. Her dulled eyes turned back towards a wall, and she sighed. “Then you must learn of our progenitor, and the world from which he originated and tried to recreate.” [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]CHAPTER THREE[/size] [size=5][Royalty][/color][/size][/font] Sparks flew from Impetuous’ feet as he paced in his den. Lunari sat on her hindlegs nearby, her pearl held gently between her front claws. The dark green Pearlcatcher studied her leader with appraising eyes. A natural grey Coatl, the striking male had been cast out of his home not long after he was hatched, left to wander the wastes of The Shifting Expanse. He had made his way to the land of the Icewarden as a way to deny his ancestry any sort of homage. Ice was about as far from fire as you could get, and lightning didn’t mix well with it either. “They have to be almost finished hatching by now, right?” he muttered anxiously to himself, continuing to pace. “Be still, Impetuous,” Lunari murmured, “the hatching process may take many hours, sometimes even days.” The grey Coatl turned a slightly distraught face towards the Pearlcatcher female. “How long has it been then?” Lunari sighed, already at her wits end. “It’s been less than a quarter turn of the sun,” she informed him, doing her best to keep her tone even. Impetuous’ mate, Vereen, had been brooding over a large clutch of five eggs for several weeks. She had alerted the young apprentice smith who had come to feed her that the eggs had begun to crack just minutes before, and since then Lunari had been left to deal with Impetuous’ foolhardy panic. The leader let out a flurry of distressed hums, presumably the ones from his original language. They grated on Lunari’s ears, and she flattened them with a pained sigh. “Impetuous,” she said firmly, “I need to go inspect Vereen and the clutch, please do not assault everyone else with your humming.” She turned and walked out of the cave on three legs, her fourth holding the pearl that was her greatest possession. The hatching went as well as it could. Four of the hatchlings were Skydancers, and one a Coatl. The Coatl was a male, as were three of the four Skydancers. The only female was a tiny thing, with awkwardly large wings. Her wings were three times the length of her body from tip to tip, and she was primarily white and black in color. Impetuous’ pride was painfully obvious, as was his bias towards that one female. Vereen cared for all of the hatchlings with equal love and care, but Impetuous had eyes for only his daughter, whom he named Bolbec. As Bolbec aged, she became more and more entitled. Though the many dragons within the clan did their best to temper her wild demeanor, Impetuous’ complete devotion to the young dragoness led to her becoming insufferable. Her father called her “Princess”, and that is exactly what she thought she was. There was nothing anyone could do to prevent her from attempting to rule a clan she barely knew. --- “C-Can you fix it?” “Of course I can fix it.” Lunari’s voice was short, snippy. She had recently reached the 250 cycle mark, and her usually sharp eyes had begun to dull, along with her patience. In her 250 cycles, only fifty had been lived outside of The Southern Icefield. She found herself wishing more and more that she could have left in her youth, when her eyes were sharp and her heart warm. Now, she could barely fly for the arthritis in her wing joints, and her eyes that had once been able to see nearly a league could barely see a mile. She would never survive on her own, outside of the limited protection that her clan could offer. The past ten cycles had been trying on her emotionally and physically. She had seen her dearest Aure for the last time, the once striking Pearlcatcher’s scales dulled by the loss of magic. She had passed nearly nine cycles ago now, and still Lunari was bitter about it. In the far back of her cave, wrapped in a soft nest of Day Lilies and Broadleaf’s from the Plantains, Aure’s pearl rested even now. It had lost its bright sheen, though Lunari did her best to keep it clean. It was the only bit of Aure she had left, afterall. In the 200 cycles she had lived as a part of this Clan, she had seen hundreds of dragons exalted to the service of the Icewarden, and half as many simply exiled from their clan. She kept her thoughts about Impetuous’ actions to herself, though sometimes she felt like waddling her ancient form over to him and cuffing him over the head. [i]”Don’t you know how it feels?”[/i] she wanted to scream, [i]”Don’t you remember being chased away from your family? Don’t you remember how that feels?”[/i] But she knew that even as the clan’s only shaman, she would not be allowed to remain with them if she did such a thing. The world was a harsh one, it took its toll on even young dragons, as it had on Aure. Her claws were deft as she pinched Bolbec’s wing tissue back into place, lacing it together with thin but strong gristle, dried and salted for strength. She had already numbed the area, but still Bolbec struggled, making it hard for Lunari to properly set the wing. Perhaps she wouldn’t set it right. The elderly dragon knew it would be wrong, but there was a foolish part of her that wanted to prove to Bolbec that she was not invincible. Still, the old Pearlcatcher set the wing right, and sent the pretty young Skydancer on her way. Only fifteen cycles old, and she was already injuring herself trying to do what the older dragons could. Lunari watched her leave, and then set off towards the nesting grounds to check on their brooding females. The day was still young, and there was work to do. There never seemed to be any break. --- “But why was Miyasi exiled?” Niels pleaded, his dark purple eyes wide with confusion and worry for his best friend and love. Lunari’s eyes had closed as she spoke, and she opened them to survey Niels’ gaze. She sighed, and glanced back to the back of her cave. She stood, creakily walking into the back before she returned with a simply massive pearl. She settled back onto her haunches, hugging the orb to her chest and eyeing Niels again. “Do you know what this is?” she asked him finally. “It’s your pearl,” she said, as if it was obvious, and she gave him a broken smile. “But do you know what a pearl [i]is[/i] to a Pearlcatcher?” The young Skydancer shook his spotted head, his patched mane bouncing from side to side. “It is our essence,” she explained, “the culmination of our being. It is all we have experienced, and all we have learned.” Niels stared at her in confusion. Lunari’s lips curled into a smile. “The final part of this story you must hear,” Lunari rumbled, “is this pearls most recent coating.” The pearl, when she held it in the right light, glinted with vibrant reds and blues, mingling together against the opalescent backdrop. Niels turned his piercing purple eyes to Lunari’s. “Tell me.” [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]CHAPTER FOUR[/size] [size=5][Betrayal][/color][/size][/font] [size=4][TW: Blood, Death][/size] Crickets chirped in the cool night, and the skydancer’s footsteps were imperceptable below the din they created. She made a soft clinking noise as the walked, a bit like a wind-chime. This was fault of the silver jewelry she wore, each piece polished to a gleaming shine. The orb on her forehead hummed with emotion as she neared her target, the swell of protectiveness and love, paired with anxiety and worry… things she would never get to feel herself. Bitterness curled around her heart, tightening and threatening to send her over the brink. [i]”Your eggs will never hatch”[/i] “Stop it,” she hissed, arching her back instinctively as the intrusive thought curled into her mind, “[i]stop it.[/i]” [i]”You cannot bear live young…”[/i] The young dragoness dropped to her knees, clamping her paws over the sphere that resided between her eyes, squeezing her eyes shut. Her breathing was fast, ragged. She rose back onto her feet, her icy eyes wild. She stumbled into the nesting grounds with her feathers raised in a threatening way. [i]Sacrifice[/i], she thought within the fog of her thoughts, [i]sacrifice and he shall bless you.[/i] [i]You are a princess, and you will be a mother[/i] --- Lunari stared miserably at the corpses that littered the ground at the alter to the Icewarden. She clutched her pearl to her chest in dead silence, reaching a single claw out to caress a tiny, partially formed hatchling, expelled from its egg too soon. Her breath clouded in front of her face, and she closed blurry eyes, and rose onto her feet, approaching a cream, young dragoness who was crouched over a slightly cracked egg. Her breath was fragmented, her eyes unseeing as tears ran down her face, freezing before they even left her cheeks. A few feet away from her, a white and black form clinked slightly in the fearsome winds as silver jewelry was disturbed. Bolbec’s body was stained with blood around her throat where Miyasi had lunged to protect the eggs she had recently laid and begun caring for. Of the four in her clutch, the only one left within its shell was she one she crouched over, a single jagged crack running down its face. Frantic humming came from behind her, where Impetuous had gathered a small group of the elders within their clan. His body was quivering as he hummed in his native language, tears streaking his grey face. If possible, he looked more ashen than before. Lunari flattened her ears painfully against the sound. This was a hellish sight if there ever was one, and Lunari’s wings drooped in defeat. “I cannot save her,” Lunari did her best to explain with a stable voice, “she is already gone, Impetuous.” The Coatl’s wings flared and he snarled at her, hissing and popping in some broken tongue before he finally dropped his wings with a distraught sound. Lunari did not flinch back. His grief was warranted, even if the picture seemed very obvious to her what had happened. It was his daughter lying dead, after all. The grey Coatl raised his sickened face to Lunari’s and spat in the common tongue, “She leaves. [b]Tonight[/b].” Lunari’s puzzled face matched that of many of the other bystanders. He whirled to face them, his voice sharp and furious. “Miyasi is forever [i]banished[/i] from the land of the Icewarden. She has committed a mortal blow to our clan, not only killing hatchlings before they left the shell, but also killing my daughter and the future of our clan.” Lunari’s mane rose in fury. “You cannot be serious,” she spat, arching her back, “these are Miyasi’s eggs that were shattered! A mother would never harm her own chicks.” Impetuous towered over Lunari, stepping forwards threateningly. “She leaves,” he spat, “tonight.” [font=Agency FB][size=7][color=504A4B]CHAPTER FIVE[/size] [size=5][Epilogue][/color][/size][/font] Niels’ voice shook. “E-eggs?” he asked, his purple eyes stricken. Lunari was gentle as she lowered her pearl to the ground, nodding at Niels. “Your Miyasi had just laid them a week or two before,” she explained softly, “I do believe that they were yours.” “B-but…” “How do I know?” Lunari asked evenly, tipping her greying face slightly. “Yes,” Niels murmured, his eyes filled with unshed tears. Lunari smiled at him weakly. “Meet me tomorrow at dawn,” she instructed him, “I do believe that I will be able to [i]show[/i] you then.” She watched him as he went to leave the den. “Niels,” she called after him, waiting until he turned to look at her, “do not tell anyone about this.” He nodded his head, and was gone. --- With dawn came Niels. Lunari led him out the back of their camp, a rarely used path that led to the thick herb fields, only a few miles away. Lunari walked slowly, and Niels tempered his pace to the best of his ability. She had her pearl slung around her neck in a bit of dangling fabric. As they neared the herb fields, she swung a hard left, heading towards the edge of an ice cliff that led to nothing but water. “W-where are we going?” Niels asked in confusion. Lunari cast him a sideways look, and did not respond. As they reached the edge of the cliff, she simply leaped off, spreading her arthritic wings wide, and gliding. Neils gave a shriek as she did so, as she dropped a few feet before the wind caught her wings, scooping them up and helping her glide. She didn’t turn her head to see if he followed as she dipped one wing, sharply turning back towards the cliff. Niels shrieked again. “You’re going to collide!” he cried, before Lunari disappeared. It was only then that he felt the small pulses of emotion behind the sheet of ice. He dove. Lunari was already gone when Niels landed on a slight outcropping of ice, the entry to a gaping cave below the polar cap. He could hear her speaking softly to someone deeper within. He ran. As he turned a corner, her came across a scattering of herbs and nesting materials. The voices were clearer now, and he gave a happy trill. He heard the returning sound, and skidded into a small, warm nesting cave where Miyasi rested on one side, cradling something against her belly. He dropped down beside her, pressing his head to hers with small, hiccuping laughs. “You’re alive, you’re ok…” he chirped, “you’re here…” She simply made chirping noises in response, joyous sounds. Lunari seemed to be inspecting something, and Niel’s turned in confusion. “W-what are you do-” He was stopped in his tracks when he saw what Lunari was checking up on. “Miyasi,” Lunari said evenly, “your daughter will survive without complication.” In her large paws was a tiny, but healthy Skydancer dragonette. Her body was spotted and rosetted just as Niels’ was, thought it was light creams and goldens, as Miyasi was. “H-how…?” “Miyasi managed to save one egg,” Lunari reminded him, “the crack was thin enough that I could weave a mesh of spider silk around it, and… well, with a little extra warmth from mom, your daughter hatched peacefully last night.” Niels closed his eyes, small tears of joy slipping down his face as he snuggled against his mate. Lunari eyed them sadly, though a small spark of hope was curling around her jaded heart. It would not be easy, but she would help them as long as she could. Maybe, eventually, she could edge them back into the clan, but even if she couldn’t… she had no fear that Niels and Miyasi could form a wonderful clan together, somewhere far away from the horrors that had transpired here on the ice caps. That night, the pearl glistened with a fresh coat of bright pinks and greens, even hints of gold and bronze. It rested back in a nest of leaves and mints, alongside a smaller, duller pearl from Lunari’s past. The shaman of their clan was not going to die today, but even if she had she knew that today would not have been a bad one to leave on. The bittersweet evening was bright with stars, and she could almost feel Niels and Miyasi’s love for one another, a love so similar to one she had once known that it was painful. The Pearlcatcher laid down in her nest, and rested her head on her paws. A single ray of starlight drifted into her den, illuminating the pair of pearls in the back of the room. Lunari closed her eyes, and could almost feel Aure’s essence filling the cave. [i]Goodnight, once more, my love.[/i] [/center]
[Claim]
I haven't shared any of my dragons yet but I hope to get a fun little story out of this
dragon.png
IMPETUOUS
[The Progenitor]

"Impetuous is true to his namesake; impulsive and brash. It may one day lead to his fall."

Information:
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Rank in the Hierarchy: Leader
Original Element: Lightning
Current Clan Element: Ice

Length: 7.42 Meters
Wingspan: 8.89 Meters
Weight: 787.71 Kilograms

---

dragon.png
LUNARI
[The Ancient One]

"Me? I have seen horrors beyond your nightmares, child, but I have also seen wonders greater than your dreams. I do believe that the wonders of my life far outweigh the horrors."

Information:
Sex: Female
Sexuality: Lesbian
Rank in the Hierarchy: Elder, Adviser, Shaman
Original Element: Arcane

Length: 5 Meters
Wingspan: 3.46 Meters
Weight: 450.66 Kilograms

---

dragon.png
NIELS
[The Young One]

"Dedicated to your sweetheart, I can see that. Your love may be your greatest asset, young one, but it may also be your downfall."

Information:
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Rank in the Hierarchy: Apprentice Guard, Father
Original Element: Shadow

Length: 3.59 Meters
Wingspan: 3.76 Meters
Weight: 497.5 Kilograms

---

dragon.png
MIYASI
[The Loved One]

"She's tough, that one. Fierce but tender, and beautiful beyond anyone's expectations... she may be too dedicated to the things she believes in."

Information:
Sexuality: Bisexual
Rank in the Hierarchy: Apprentice Shaman, Mother, Exile
Original Element: Light

Length: 3.74 Meters
Wingspan: 6.6 Meters
Weight: 554.82 Kilograms

---

dragon.png
AURE
[The Friend]

"Ahh... Aure. Eccentric and blind to negativity... Her love for the world and its wonders outweighed anything reason that might have been."

Information:
Sexuality: Lesbian
Rank in the Hierarchy: Deceased, Former Trader
Original Element: Ice

Length: 3.95 Meters
Wingspan: 6.43 Meters
Weight: 492.55 Kilograms

---

dragon.png
BOLBEC
[The Traitor]

"Fancies herself a princess, a mother, a queen. She is the storm to the light our world can bring, and yet... one cannot help but feel a certain pity for her."

Information:
Sexuality: Bisexual
Rank in the Hierarchy: Apprentice Guard
Original Element: Ice

Length: 2.87 Meters
Wingspan: 5.12 Meters
Weight: 436.31 Kilograms

---

CHAPTER ONE
[Prologue]

Lunari’s jaded gaze scanned over Niels with pity. She had helped him hatch from his egg when he was but a hatchling, had watched over him for his entire life from her cave at the edge of the clan’s camp. Never once had he approached her of his own accord, though Impetuous and the rest of the clan had once forced him and the other hatchlings to her den for their blessings.
His eyes were desperate, two vibrant purple orbs piercing into her own pinkish ones.
“Please,” he whispered.
Lunari slid thick dark green lids down, blocking her vision as she let out a small, broken sigh. “Niels,” she said softly, “regardless of what I tell you, Miyasi will still be gone. She is banished, probably long gone with the wind.”
”NO!” Niels burst out, ”don’t say that! DON’T!”
She couldn’t help but admire his resilience, his refusal to give up. She lowered herself onto her belly, opening her pink eyes again. Niels was fuzzy in her vision, from the cataracts that had long since taken up their residence within her gaze.
“You must sit if I am to tell you this, Niels,” she prompted him calmly, though her heart ached for the young dragon. She remembered watching them together, below the Black Tulip tree that branched over her side of the camp. It had been fall, the first time they met there, the black petals raining down around them. Niels had been a kaleidoscope of colors, all beautiful but clashing with one another. He held a hibiscus in his mouth, and had given it to Miyasi.
Miyasi had much more color sense than Niels; she was all golden that first day, marigolds if she remembered correctly… then again, however, they might have been daisies or roses. Her old eyes couldn’t really see much from that distance.
Niels dropped to his hindquarters faster than Lunari could blink. She took a small breath, and closed her eyes again, letting herself drift.
“I believe we must begin with my first friend,” she mused, sucking in a breath at the pain that rose within her chest at the thought, “Niels, you best strap in for a long story.”

CHAPTER TWO
[Youth]

Her large paws made very soft thumping noises as she padded softly along the very outskirts of their land in the Snowsquall Tundra. They lived near to the Cloundscape Crags, one of the places that she felt most comfortable. Small as she was, she couldn’t help but enjoy the thrill of climbing and launching herself from the highest peak she could safely reach.
Her pearl bounced lightly against her chest, where she had strung it into a necklace of sorts that helped her carry it on these expeditions. She was an outlander, afterall. The one of her clan who travelled far and wide to collect items and information about anything and everything that she deemed important.
She crested a small rise, flicking her ears mildly. They pricked up in confusion, and interest, as a sound began to vibrate towards her.
“Goods! Goods for sale, cheap and high quality! Goods, goods!”
This might be interesting.
The dragoness followed the sound for less than a half a mile before she stumbled into the… shop of sorts. The female who was sitting, surrounded by various goods, was another Pearlcatcher.
“Hey there! I’ve got some goods for sale, are you interested?”
The female’s icy gaze was bright with excitement and positivity, and the darker pearlcatcher felt herself cringing away from the sheer waves of energy rolling off of her.
“Who are you?” The female asked with a broad smile, “I’m Aure, travelling trader!”
She raised her gaze. “My name is Lunari,” she offered reluctantly, “Outrider to the Winter’s Rose Clan of the Southern Icefield, faithful servant to the Icewarden.”
“I know where we are, silly!” Aure trilled happily, “And if you cared to look, I am also under the Icewarden’s protection.”
The female turned slightly, stretching one eye wide to show the almost clear crystal blue of her iris. Lunari flattened her ears.
“Just because you were laid in the Icewarden’s realm doesn’t mean you serve him,” she said hostilely.
Aure gave a little trill of amusement. “No, I suppose it doesn’t!” she laughed, “but what reason have I to lie to you?”
Lunari contemplated the question for a long moment.
“None that are plain to me,” she answered, her veil of aggression beginning to fade, “but that doesn’t mean you don’t have a reason that I don’t see.”
Aure smiled broadly. “You’re a funny one, Lunari,” she chirped, “I think I quite like you.”
“You’ve barely known me ten minutes.”
“Doesn’t mean I don’t like you,” Aure said reasonably, leaping out from her cluttered stand, “I’ve met so many dragons in my short cycles, I can tell that you’re not a bad one.”
---
Lunari plodded along beside Aure, who was making small whirring sounds to her right.
“Do you have to have those stupid gears on at all times?” she asked irritably, turning her gaze over to the poison winged pearlcatcher.
Aure, who had recently acquired a full set of ‘Steampunk’ gear, turned her innocent gaze to Lunari. “Why wouldn’t I?”
“Because they whir and whir and it drives me insane.”
Aure got a small, slightly mischievous look on her face and pressed against Lunari. “You sure it isn’t just me that drives you insane?” she purred with a minor tone of seductivity below her voice.
Lunari flushed, groaning as she pulled away from her longtime friend. “You’re terrible,” she scolded Aure half heartedly, “You know how irritated the clan is about us! You can’t be showing it so much in public.”
Aure flapped her wings with a giggle. “Who's here to see us, Lunari? We’re hundreds of miles from the Southern Icefield, and even if we weren’t…” she turned her piercing silver-blue eyes to Lunari’s pink ones, “they had better get used to it. You’re their only Shaman, they can’t afford to lose you for any longer than this trip!”
That sent a small thorn through Lunari’s heart. She lowered her eyes, the pained reality of the fact that she would not be able to see Aure for months at a time curling through her brain.
“You promised to write,” Lunari murmured.
“And I will.”
Lunari gave a small, pained sigh, and lifted her head again. “We need to hurry,” she mused absently, “it’s still another hundred miles to the Sunbeam Ruins.”
---
“It was what Aure told me before I departed at the border of the Sunbeam Ruins that led to the chain reaction of events that has led to Miyasi’s exile,” Lunari murmured to Neils softly.
“A sacrifice of eggs, it was rumored to be,” she turned away with raised mane, “could lead to the blessing from a god. It could lead to a queenship, and a blessing of motherhood.”
“I suppose, however,” Lunari sighed, “that does not suffice as an explanation.”
“No, it doesn’t,” Niels said weakly, “I don’t know what any of that means.”
“Who says it means anything?” Lunari murmured, her glassy pink eyes rolling upwards to the roof of her cave, “I told you at the beginning that I did not believe Miyasi could be saved.”
“It means something,” the grey leopard dragon said firmly, “I refuse to believe that you would lie to me or trick me.”
Lunari gave a weak smile. “You are the most trusting young dragonette I have met,” she mused tiredly. Her dulled eyes turned back towards a wall, and she sighed. “Then you must learn of our progenitor, and the world from which he originated and tried to recreate.”

CHAPTER THREE
[Royalty]

Sparks flew from Impetuous’ feet as he paced in his den. Lunari sat on her hindlegs nearby, her pearl held gently between her front claws.
The dark green Pearlcatcher studied her leader with appraising eyes. A natural grey Coatl, the striking male had been cast out of his home not long after he was hatched, left to wander the wastes of The Shifting Expanse. He had made his way to the land of the Icewarden as a way to deny his ancestry any sort of homage. Ice was about as far from fire as you could get, and lightning didn’t mix well with it either.
“They have to be almost finished hatching by now, right?” he muttered anxiously to himself, continuing to pace.
“Be still, Impetuous,” Lunari murmured, “the hatching process may take many hours, sometimes even days.”
The grey Coatl turned a slightly distraught face towards the Pearlcatcher female. “How long has it been then?”
Lunari sighed, already at her wits end. “It’s been less than a quarter turn of the sun,” she informed him, doing her best to keep her tone even.
Impetuous’ mate, Vereen, had been brooding over a large clutch of five eggs for several weeks. She had alerted the young apprentice smith who had come to feed her that the eggs had begun to crack just minutes before, and since then Lunari had been left to deal with Impetuous’ foolhardy panic.
The leader let out a flurry of distressed hums, presumably the ones from his original language. They grated on Lunari’s ears, and she flattened them with a pained sigh. “Impetuous,” she said firmly, “I need to go inspect Vereen and the clutch, please do not assault everyone else with your humming.”
She turned and walked out of the cave on three legs, her fourth holding the pearl that was her greatest possession.
The hatching went as well as it could. Four of the hatchlings were Skydancers, and one a Coatl. The Coatl was a male, as were three of the four Skydancers. The only female was a tiny thing, with awkwardly large wings. Her wings were three times the length of her body from tip to tip, and she was primarily white and black in color.
Impetuous’ pride was painfully obvious, as was his bias towards that one female. Vereen cared for all of the hatchlings with equal love and care, but Impetuous had eyes for only his daughter, whom he named Bolbec.
As Bolbec aged, she became more and more entitled. Though the many dragons within the clan did their best to temper her wild demeanor, Impetuous’ complete devotion to the young dragoness led to her becoming insufferable.
Her father called her “Princess”, and that is exactly what she thought she was. There was nothing anyone could do to prevent her from attempting to rule a clan she barely knew.
---
“C-Can you fix it?”
“Of course I can fix it.” Lunari’s voice was short, snippy. She had recently reached the 250 cycle mark, and her usually sharp eyes had begun to dull, along with her patience. In her 250 cycles, only fifty had been lived outside of The Southern Icefield. She found herself wishing more and more that she could have left in her youth, when her eyes were sharp and her heart warm. Now, she could barely fly for the arthritis in her wing joints, and her eyes that had once been able to see nearly a league could barely see a mile. She would never survive on her own, outside of the limited protection that her clan could offer.
The past ten cycles had been trying on her emotionally and physically. She had seen her dearest Aure for the last time, the once striking Pearlcatcher’s scales dulled by the loss of magic. She had passed nearly nine cycles ago now, and still Lunari was bitter about it. In the far back of her cave, wrapped in a soft nest of Day Lilies and Broadleaf’s from the Plantains, Aure’s pearl rested even now. It had lost its bright sheen, though Lunari did her best to keep it clean. It was the only bit of Aure she had left, afterall.
In the 200 cycles she had lived as a part of this Clan, she had seen hundreds of dragons exalted to the service of the Icewarden, and half as many simply exiled from their clan. She kept her thoughts about Impetuous’ actions to herself, though sometimes she felt like waddling her ancient form over to him and cuffing him over the head.
”Don’t you know how it feels?” she wanted to scream, ”Don’t you remember being chased away from your family? Don’t you remember how that feels?”
But she knew that even as the clan’s only shaman, she would not be allowed to remain with them if she did such a thing. The world was a harsh one, it took its toll on even young dragons, as it had on Aure.
Her claws were deft as she pinched Bolbec’s wing tissue back into place, lacing it together with thin but strong gristle, dried and salted for strength. She had already numbed the area, but still Bolbec struggled, making it hard for Lunari to properly set the wing.
Perhaps she wouldn’t set it right. The elderly dragon knew it would be wrong, but there was a foolish part of her that wanted to prove to Bolbec that she was not invincible.
Still, the old Pearlcatcher set the wing right, and sent the pretty young Skydancer on her way. Only fifteen cycles old, and she was already injuring herself trying to do what the older dragons could.
Lunari watched her leave, and then set off towards the nesting grounds to check on their brooding females. The day was still young, and there was work to do. There never seemed to be any break.
---
“But why was Miyasi exiled?” Niels pleaded, his dark purple eyes wide with confusion and worry for his best friend and love.
Lunari’s eyes had closed as she spoke, and she opened them to survey Niels’ gaze. She sighed, and glanced back to the back of her cave. She stood, creakily walking into the back before she returned with a simply massive pearl. She settled back onto her haunches, hugging the orb to her chest and eyeing Niels again.
“Do you know what this is?” she asked him finally.
“It’s your pearl,” she said, as if it was obvious, and she gave him a broken smile.
“But do you know what a pearl is to a Pearlcatcher?”
The young Skydancer shook his spotted head, his patched mane bouncing from side to side.
“It is our essence,” she explained, “the culmination of our being. It is all we have experienced, and all we have learned.”
Niels stared at her in confusion. Lunari’s lips curled into a smile.
“The final part of this story you must hear,” Lunari rumbled, “is this pearls most recent coating.”
The pearl, when she held it in the right light, glinted with vibrant reds and blues, mingling together against the opalescent backdrop.
Niels turned his piercing purple eyes to Lunari’s.
“Tell me.”

CHAPTER FOUR
[Betrayal]

[TW: Blood, Death]
Crickets chirped in the cool night, and the skydancer’s footsteps were imperceptable below the din they created. She made a soft clinking noise as the walked, a bit like a wind-chime. This was fault of the silver jewelry she wore, each piece polished to a gleaming shine.
The orb on her forehead hummed with emotion as she neared her target, the swell of protectiveness and love, paired with anxiety and worry… things she would never get to feel herself.
Bitterness curled around her heart, tightening and threatening to send her over the brink.
”Your eggs will never hatch”
“Stop it,” she hissed, arching her back instinctively as the intrusive thought curled into her mind, “stop it.
”You cannot bear live young…”
The young dragoness dropped to her knees, clamping her paws over the sphere that resided between her eyes, squeezing her eyes shut. Her breathing was fast, ragged.
She rose back onto her feet, her icy eyes wild. She stumbled into the nesting grounds with her feathers raised in a threatening way.
Sacrifice, she thought within the fog of her thoughts, sacrifice and he shall bless you.

You are a princess, and you will be a mother
---
Lunari stared miserably at the corpses that littered the ground at the alter to the Icewarden.
She clutched her pearl to her chest in dead silence, reaching a single claw out to caress a tiny, partially formed hatchling, expelled from its egg too soon.
Her breath clouded in front of her face, and she closed blurry eyes, and rose onto her feet, approaching a cream, young dragoness who was crouched over a slightly cracked egg. Her breath was fragmented, her eyes unseeing as tears ran down her face, freezing before they even left her cheeks.
A few feet away from her, a white and black form clinked slightly in the fearsome winds as silver jewelry was disturbed. Bolbec’s body was stained with blood around her throat where Miyasi had lunged to protect the eggs she had recently laid and begun caring for. Of the four in her clutch, the only one left within its shell was she one she crouched over, a single jagged crack running down its face.
Frantic humming came from behind her, where Impetuous had gathered a small group of the elders within their clan. His body was quivering as he hummed in his native language, tears streaking his grey face. If possible, he looked more ashen than before.
Lunari flattened her ears painfully against the sound. This was a hellish sight if there ever was one, and Lunari’s wings drooped in defeat.
“I cannot save her,” Lunari did her best to explain with a stable voice, “she is already gone, Impetuous.”
The Coatl’s wings flared and he snarled at her, hissing and popping in some broken tongue before he finally dropped his wings with a distraught sound.
Lunari did not flinch back. His grief was warranted, even if the picture seemed very obvious to her what had happened. It was his daughter lying dead, after all.
The grey Coatl raised his sickened face to Lunari’s and spat in the common tongue, “She leaves. Tonight.”
Lunari’s puzzled face matched that of many of the other bystanders. He whirled to face them, his voice sharp and furious.
“Miyasi is forever banished from the land of the Icewarden. She has committed a mortal blow to our clan, not only killing hatchlings before they left the shell, but also killing my daughter and the future of our clan.”
Lunari’s mane rose in fury.
“You cannot be serious,” she spat, arching her back, “these are Miyasi’s eggs that were shattered! A mother would never harm her own chicks.”
Impetuous towered over Lunari, stepping forwards threateningly. “She leaves,” he spat, “tonight.”

CHAPTER FIVE
[Epilogue]

Niels’ voice shook. “E-eggs?” he asked, his purple eyes stricken.
Lunari was gentle as she lowered her pearl to the ground, nodding at Niels. “Your Miyasi had just laid them a week or two before,” she explained softly, “I do believe that they were yours.”
“B-but…”
“How do I know?” Lunari asked evenly, tipping her greying face slightly.
“Yes,” Niels murmured, his eyes filled with unshed tears.
Lunari smiled at him weakly. “Meet me tomorrow at dawn,” she instructed him, “I do believe that I will be able to show you then.” She watched him as he went to leave the den.
“Niels,” she called after him, waiting until he turned to look at her, “do not tell anyone about this.”
He nodded his head, and was gone.
---
With dawn came Niels. Lunari led him out the back of their camp, a rarely used path that led to the thick herb fields, only a few miles away. Lunari walked slowly, and Niels tempered his pace to the best of his ability. She had her pearl slung around her neck in a bit of dangling fabric.
As they neared the herb fields, she swung a hard left, heading towards the edge of an ice cliff that led to nothing but water.
“W-where are we going?” Niels asked in confusion.
Lunari cast him a sideways look, and did not respond. As they reached the edge of the cliff, she simply leaped off, spreading her arthritic wings wide, and gliding. Neils gave a shriek as she did so, as she dropped a few feet before the wind caught her wings, scooping them up and helping her glide. She didn’t turn her head to see if he followed as she dipped one wing, sharply turning back towards the cliff.
Niels shrieked again. “You’re going to collide!” he cried, before Lunari disappeared.
It was only then that he felt the small pulses of emotion behind the sheet of ice.
He dove.
Lunari was already gone when Niels landed on a slight outcropping of ice, the entry to a gaping cave below the polar cap. He could hear her speaking softly to someone deeper within. He ran.
As he turned a corner, her came across a scattering of herbs and nesting materials. The voices were clearer now, and he gave a happy trill.
He heard the returning sound, and skidded into a small, warm nesting cave where Miyasi rested on one side, cradling something against her belly. He dropped down beside her, pressing his head to hers with small, hiccuping laughs. “You’re alive, you’re ok…” he chirped, “you’re here…”
She simply made chirping noises in response, joyous sounds.
Lunari seemed to be inspecting something, and Niel’s turned in confusion. “W-what are you do-”
He was stopped in his tracks when he saw what Lunari was checking up on.
“Miyasi,” Lunari said evenly, “your daughter will survive without complication.”
In her large paws was a tiny, but healthy Skydancer dragonette. Her body was spotted and rosetted just as Niels’ was, thought it was light creams and goldens, as Miyasi was.
“H-how…?”
“Miyasi managed to save one egg,” Lunari reminded him, “the crack was thin enough that I could weave a mesh of spider silk around it, and… well, with a little extra warmth from mom, your daughter hatched peacefully last night.”
Niels closed his eyes, small tears of joy slipping down his face as he snuggled against his mate.
Lunari eyed them sadly, though a small spark of hope was curling around her jaded heart. It would not be easy, but she would help them as long as she could. Maybe, eventually, she could edge them back into the clan, but even if she couldn’t… she had no fear that Niels and Miyasi could form a wonderful clan together, somewhere far away from the horrors that had transpired here on the ice caps.

That night, the pearl glistened with a fresh coat of bright pinks and greens, even hints of gold and bronze. It rested back in a nest of leaves and mints, alongside a smaller, duller pearl from Lunari’s past.
The shaman of their clan was not going to die today, but even if she had she knew that today would not have been a bad one to leave on.

The bittersweet evening was bright with stars, and she could almost feel Niels and Miyasi’s love for one another, a love so similar to one she had once known that it was painful.

The Pearlcatcher laid down in her nest, and rested her head on her paws. A single ray of starlight drifted into her den, illuminating the pair of pearls in the back of the room. Lunari closed her eyes, and could almost feel Aure’s essence filling the cave.

Goodnight, once more, my love.
Haven't been able to share any dragon before in the Lore weeks but here it goes Beware, this will be long :'D WIP ------------ [center][b]The Ancient One Elgarnan[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1422868] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/14229/1422868_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Elgarnan mustered the young Imperial before him, he had seen her when she came before their leader and pleaded for sanctuary when she was a mere hatchling. She had grown up fine and his heart ached for her and the pain she would have to endure in the future, a cruel fate awaited her. And suddenly Elgarnan felt his age, old pains plaguing his body that had been broken one too many times but he was a warrior first and foremost and he did not have time for half healed bones and never leaving aches. With a sigh he beckoned the Imperial inside his personal cave on the outskirts of their sanctuary, a place he had chosen himself to better defend his clanmates from those who wished to harm. And to keep a look—out for the silent watchers that could be seen wandering alongside the cliffs surrounding their lagoon topside from time to time. Even as old as he was it still made his blood freeze when the bloody figures stared at him with their empty eyes. Event hough they had been the ones to save him from a lifetime alone. [i]Elgarnan had been hatched somewhere on the Windswept Plateau, sometimes a messenger but more often a fierce warrior. His life had led him to the most curious of places until he dwelt in the realm of the Gladekeeper with his latest mate. But then she decided to leave their home and him behind and so he had decided to see where his feet would carry him now, his children had grown up and many decided to serve the various deities. There had been nothing to hold him there in the jungles of the Gladekeeper. Sometimes he had been uncertain of this decision, what clan would accept an old warrior like him, would trust him? Even when he had lived with his latest mate, he had never been fully accepted, his ways strange for the rest of the clan. And so he wandered and never thought he would find a place to call home again. Until he had been attacked by the Beastclans and feared certain death. But death did not come on this day, shadows had loomed over his fallen body when one of the beasts decided to end him. Terror had filled his opponents’ eyes, the last thing Elgarnan saw before darkness claimed him had been a bloody harpy crushing a scorpion before him, her wings tattered and eyes hollow. Her heart had been ripped out. He came awake to the soft whispers of foreign dragons. Two Skydancers and two Imperials had assembled around him but it was the Stonewatch Harpy floating next to the female Skydancer that drew his gaze, the memories of the fight still fresh in mind. The Skydancers were named Azul and Shiva, he was the leader of the clan and she their shaman, and the Imperials Venus and Polaris, the first clearly a victim of cruel torture but her pale eyes still full of kindness while the latter seemed cold and detached until he spotted the little birds sitting in her thick mane. The Harpy never talked to him but he learned that it had been her flock that had come to his aid, first ripping his attackers apart and then taking place as silent watchers alongside the cliff until no space was left empty and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=49477&did=5325305]Shiva[/url] had come to investigate with the others. She had not been surprised to hear of his story and was the one who told him her own story and that the dead harpies were called the silent watchers, often only seen when change loomed on the horizon, often meaning new members for their clan. But, she had told him, this was the first time she had seen so many of them materializing. And thus Elgarnan became a part of the Leviathan Sanctuary, a lair in the hollow caves of the cliffs underneath the waves where he was welcome and met the most curious of dragons. Many had been wandering like him, others had been betrayed and exiled by their former clans and others where something completely different. Now Elgarnan often wanders along the shore and keeps his gaze trained on the cliffs surrounding their small lagoon, the winding path down to the beach seldom treated by strangers but which should nonetheless be watched for intruders. Leviathan, the other warrior of the clan, often accompanied him and it was only rarely that the silent watchers on the stones would disrupt their routine, a sure sign that someone new would find their way to their little sanctuary. Or something.[/i] --------- [center][b]The Young One Corvo[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37827429] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/378275/37827429_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Corvo looked around Elgarnan’s cave, they had heard of the stories surrounding the old warrior and had felt icy tendrils of fear taking hold of their insides. But they were calmer now, the old dragon seemed kind and sad but not so dangerous as the other young dragons in the lair had made him out to be. For a moment they were ashamed, especially they should know to never judge another by the words of other but it seemed like it would take some time for them to live by this promise. But they had come here for a reason and so they would try to feel contrite later, after they had learned what they had come for. Convo looked up and fastened their gaze on the Wildclaw before them, their whiskers twitching in annoyance at their behavior and started laying down the reason for their coming. And the whole time no sound left their throat. [i]Convo had often problems remembering their first home, they must have had a family and parents but the only thing that was clear in their memories was the never-ending cold. They remembered how it licked on their heels and nipped on their muzzle, how the snow glistered in the sun blindingly. It was cold, yes, but it was also beautiful and Corvo remembered staying outside their nest for long times, only coming back to the nest when their tiny body was shaking. That was the only thing they remembered from their family, the warmth when they came back and the laughter of their siblings. But one day this warmth disappeared and suddenly the icy lands did not seem as beautiful as before but treacherous and deadly. For the first time in their short life, they had felt fear and it was a feeling that would accomplice them for quite some time. It was also the first time Corvo truly registered how different they were, they wanted the warmth back but they could not beg nor scream, with the warmth they never had need for their voice before to mourn its lack but now? Now they realized that the world was not fair to little hatchlings that could not ask for anything. And so they wandered from place to place, only eating what little scraps they could procure and running from bigger dragons and other predators. Life in the snowy tundras the Icewarden called home was harsh and not much kindness left for lost hatchlings that did not seem like they would be able to carry their weight. Some wanted them to stay because of their colouring so that they could bear hatchlings but Corvo’s mind went into pure panic and they tasted bile in their throat. Those clans they left even faster then the ones were they where ignored. Maybe life would have continued for them like that if they had not left the Icewarden’s lands behind and crossed lands until the sea rose on the horizon. By then, they were emancipated and feverish and could not move much farther. But the sea seemed so beautiful under the sun, glittering waves and a soothing wind playing alongside their body. Well, Corvo figured, if I am going to die then I want to die with my eyes open and seeing the beauty of life until my last breath. And thus they dragged their body to the cliffs overlooking the sea, eyes slipping closer more often then not. They would have stayed there on the rocky outskirts if there had not been a persistent tugging on one of their horns. Grumbling, they opened their eyes (and when had they closed them?) to see a blurred shape in front of them. They closed their eyes again. Convo did not think they would wake up again but they did and they actually did not feel as awful as they thought they would after everything. „Because we gave you more than enough healing potions, little one“, an amused voice rumbled and Corvo’s gaze snapped to the speaker. It was an Imperial, big and much older than them with bloody bandages and bones decorating their body. But her eyes, they were the same colour as theirs but kind, so much kinder than what Corvo often seen on their journey. „You are safe here, little one, I am [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=49477&tab=dragon&did=5373537]Venus[/url] and this can be you sanctuary like it has been for me“, a small smile played on the other’s maw and Corvo could see tiny scars around it like someone had stitched across it. They could only marvel that this dragon would show them kindness when it seemed like she had never been shown much kindness herself. And so they nodded and the smile grew larger on Venus’ face. The next day, Corvo met Azul for the first time.[/i] ---------- [center][b]The Friend Azul[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3023644] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30237/3023644_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] „Ah yes, the Nesting“, Elgarnan sighed and studied Corvo for a moment. „This is not a story I would like a young one to hear but I think you have the right to know what happened“ the Imperial nodded furiously and lay down, Elgarnan followed suit and took a more comfortable position. He may not have been a part of this clan for as long as some others but he had learned many things at the side of Shiva who had told him about the beginnings of the clan. And Elgarnan could hardly fault Corvo for coming to him rather then approaching the Skydancer, there was something very unnerving about Shiva and the only ones who could stand to be near her for a longer time where her familiar, her mate Ophion, Azul and Elgarnan himself. So he had taken it as his task to keep old stories alive and teach the younger generation about the life of the clan. „Well then, listen closely for it all begun with someone you know very well for he is often a friend first and foremost before his duties as a leader…“ [i]Azul had been the leader for as long as the clan members remembered. The only ones who knew otherwise were few, the first to follow him to the new-founded sanctuary had been [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=49477&tab=dragon&did=5325305]Shiva[/url], led by her ever present familiar to a new home, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=49477&tab=dragon&did=5373537]Venus[/url], who had escaped from a life worse than death, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=49477&did=6291811]Ophion[/url], who had come seeking knowledge, and[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=49477&did=12190504] Polaris[/url], a gentle giant who had not fit into the Lightweaver’s domain with her cold colouring. These dragons were the inner circle, the body of the clan but Azul, Azul was the heart, the one who kept all these different characters together. And in turn, the inner circle had made it their duty to ensure that Azul would not break under his many burdens. The story goes like this, a young dragon set out to explore Sornieth and left their family behind, parents and many siblings. They wandered, met a female Skydancer where the terrain became wetter and fell in love at the beaches of the Tidelord. He thought he had found the place where he belonged, so in love was he with the other Skydancer. He never assumed that their time would be cut short. War broke out between two skirmishing clans and Azul rushed to defend his new home from the attackers who had stolen his mate and taken her to the lightning filled planes. So he fought, desperate to get the love of his life back, their hatchlings had already left before and she was his everything. But he wasn’t her everything. The fighting was brutal and cost many dragons their life until nearly nothing remained from the water clan that Azul had been part of, the last members fleeing into the night. Azul endured, the thought of his mate giving him strength and in the end only he was left against another warrior of the lightning clan. Horrifying he realized whom he would have to kill to get his mate back, it was one of his siblings, a sibling he had slept next to and whom he had taught to hunt and fight. The other taunted him and told him what had become of his beautiful mate, that she had not been abducted but had betrayed their clan and him for another male whose eggs she had carried. In the end, Azul won the fight but at a terrible price. Body broken and mind overwhelmed with grief and desperation he stumbled from the battlefield and left the war behind, never looking back. He cursed fate and the deities and vowed to never fight again for he thought it was all useless bloodshed. He had wandered Sornieth to meet new dragons and make friends, he was gentle of nature and the fighting had gone against his very nature. It was then that he met his salvation, a curious spark dancing along the dead bodies and taking the shape of his old clan’s Sprite, electricity humming in the air around it. This Sprite had been as discouraged as Azul from all the fighting, families turning against each other and it refused to stay part of it. Together, they wandered along the shores of the Tidelord’s realm until the Sprite led Azul to the little lagoon which would become his home. It was there, that they stepped into the waves and welcomed the gifts of the Tidelord, for water is always changing and the driving force behind life, the Tidelord would protect them and all that followed. Azul had wanted a home where he could live in peace and with this in mind he welcomed all that needed help. The leader he may be but it was his friendship that everyone valued the most because for many his had been the very first words spoken to them in kindness.[/i] ----------- [center][b]The Progenitor Hariasa[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2969946] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29700/2969946_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Convo stared at Elgarnan for a heartbeat, the confusion in their eyes evident. A couple of blinks later they seemed to have gotten themselves together again and their claws stared waving a new pattern in the air between the two dragons. The elder one clicked with his tongue and shook his head. „Calm, dear one, calm. I know that you have questions, how all of this part of the reason for your visit“, Elgarnan closed his eyes for a moment and hummed in his throat. „Well, where to continue, hm, before we come to your friend we have to take another step back, even further than before, to a time where Azul had not been the leader of this clan and it was another dragon who had resided over this land. Let us talk about the Progenitor, Hariasa…“ [i]Hariasa had been hatched from a lone egg in the shallow waters of a sandbank, her small body fighting with the hard shell of the egg and the sharp edges nearly cutting into her thin wings. At last, she had freed herself and her had seen the sun for the first time in her life. The warm light painting colorful stripes in the water fascinated her and so she spend the first moments of her life laughingly skimming alongside the waves, dipping her claws into the wetness. She had been young and innocent and in this moment, playing between the waves and waving by the maren swimming underneath her in the deeper sea, she knew what freedom meant. It was a feeling that would forever stay with her. The sandbank where she had hatched where part of a tiny lagoon, big cliffs surrounding the warm water and acting as natural defenses from enemies. Hariasa spend most of her time exploring her new home and it was during one of these adventures that she discovered the caves leading from a tunnel underneath the sea into the cliffs. Glittering stones had shimmered like kaleidoscopes and lit her way deeper into the stone. The little Fae had been fascinated and claimed one of the many caves for herself before diving back into the sea to share her discovery with her friends living beneath the water. But when she came back at nighttime, for the first time in her short life she realized how alone she actually was, the many empty caves seemingly bigger in the quiet of the night. Her friends had been worried about Hariasa for quite some time, she had become quiet and withdrawn, her smiles forced and the light slowly leaving her eyes. They knew that Hariasa needed another dragon by her side and that they would never be enough because they were bound to the sea while the Fae spent most of her life under the sun. And so they planned, the cliffs were high and dangerous to climb but Hariasa did also not have the strength to leave the lagoon by flying over the sea. A path had to be created, so that the Fae would be able to meet others on the land. When Hariasa awoke, she debated for a moment wether or not she should even leave her nest but in the end her growling stomach compelled her to leave the caves. The sun felt warm on her body and she stretched languidly before catching herself some food. It was only afterwards that she realized that she had been observed. Another dragon sat on the beach a few steps away from her and mustered her amused. „Where did you come from?“ Hariasa wondered aloud and flew to the male. „From the plateau overhead“, and the other pointed behind him to the cliffs where Hariasa could make out a narrow path. She squinted. „That has not been here yesterday“, she said accusingly and tapped on the other Fae’s breast. The male seemed more amused than offended and actually laughed. „Did you not hear the ruckus that the beasts in the vicinity made? It seems like some of the sea dwellers bargained with the rock dwellers and here we are“, he spread his arms and wings wide. Hariasa shook her head and groaned. „And so you decided to what, see what treasure you would find here?“, she asked scathingly and turned up her nose. „And I think I found the most beautiful treasure of all“, he replied cheekily and bowed before her. „You are kidding, you do not even know me“, she spluttered and he laughed again. „Well then, my name is [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=49477&tab=dragon&did=2969948]Forseti[/url], may I now inquire about your name, m’lady?“, he grinned at her impishly and she could feel herself blush. „…Hariasa. And stop calling me lady, I’m an adventurer!“, she kicked him mulishly and tried to will the blush to disappear from her face but judging after the even wider growing grin on Forseti’s face she did not completely succeed. „Well then, Hariasa the adventurer, what is it that you plan to do with this cozy little lagoon now that a path down here exists?“, he scratched his chin with a claw and mustered the female from the corner of one eye while training his gaze onto the path. Hariasa mused over her answer for a moment before she replied. „I think it would be nice to find new friends, I only lived with the sea dwellers before and they seem to have gone to great lengths to ensure that I would not be alone, so why not give something of that back? Yes, I think I would like that, exploring the land behind these cliffs and bringing anyone back here who needs a place to stay.“, she nodded to herself and trained her gaze on the other Fae. Forseti brightened up. „Now, could I then ask for a place to stay? To be honest I left everything behind when I decided to wander along the Tidelord’s realm and you are the first dragon I meet that did not meet me with initial hostility. You are something of a fresh breath and I think that I can assume much of you in the future.“ And so a clan was build, first only the two of them but soon new dragons found their way down the cliffs and even if all of them left sooner or later, Hariasa and Forseti were content with each other. Until the day that a Lightning Sprite decided to lead a scarred Skydancer down to their halls. They nursed him to health and tried to heal his broken soul as much as they could. This one, this one decided to stay and help them make a home for all that wander. And what came after is history.[/i] ------------ [center][b]The Traitor Psyche[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35958636] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359587/35958636_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Elgarnan stopped when he came to the end of this part and Corvo looked at him worried. Slightly trembling he tried to reassure them but he could see in their eyes that they did not believe his words for a moment. „You see, this whole clan, this sanctuary, it has been build on equality and the wish to give everyone who found themselves lost a new home. This is what Hariasa and, when she decided to let Azul handle the sanctuary, he wanted, a place of peace. And it is this that makes the betrayal we had to endure even more grievous.“, a large claw came to rest delicately on his own and he blinked grateful at Corvo with a slight smile. The young Imperial had endured so much but their heart was still kind and it gave him new strength and hope for their future generations. He coughed before continuing with his story, eyes shining with unshed tears. „We had so many different characters here, nobody cared where exactly the others came from. We even ended up giving trapped Spirits and creatures from nightmares a new home but she, she was a real monster and we were too blind to realize what exactly we had led into out midst…“ [i] She had appeared like a ghostly apparition one day on the shore, the wind playing with the plumage behind her winding horns. Her name was Psyche and she was one of the most beautiful dragons to have ever graced the sanctuary with her appearance. But also the most ruthless. But that was something they all learned later, when it was already way too late. Psyche did not have any family or at least she never once let anything slip past her teeth about them. She claimed to have come from the stony lands of the Earthshaker’s domain, a lone egg hatched in an abandoned mine and had wandered all over Sornieth to find a permanent home. Azul welcomed her readily and they opened up their home for her, she was a polite dragon, always ready to lend a hand or listen to other’s problems. Everyone liked her and her approachable character and so she became one of the most trusted members of the clan in just a short while. She made herself indispensable, plotting all the while like an arachne sitting inside their web. Nothing happened without her knowing, there were no secrets before her and everyone sought out her council. Even Azul found himself sharing his burdens with this kind Skydancer, just for a moment he could act like a mere member of the clan instead of the strong leader he represented most of the time. The nesting grounds were the most protected and sheltered of places, the mothers- and fathers-to-be fiercely guarding their nests with routinely changing shifts giving them the chance to catch up on sleep. Psyche had no nest herself but she could still often be found conversing with the eager parents waiting for their nests to hatch or already caring for their young. There was always something bittersweet in the glitter of her eyes and the slant of her maw but blink and it was gone so none commented on it. All the while something dark festered in her heart, a void where the dragon’s soul should have been. What the clan did not know, was that while she had not lied about her origin, she did not tell them the complete truth. Oh, there had been an abandoned egg hatched but it had been a long, long time ago. And it had been hatched in an old mine but Psyche may not have been as truthful about her days spent there as they had thought. Tell me, how was a freshly hatched dragon supposed to fend for themselves, feed themselves or find a way out? The answer is simple: no hatchling could. And so the little hatchling died, malnourished and torn apart by bigger predators calling this mine their home (there was always a reason why an egg was abandoned, wasn’t there?). Time flew by and the sands of time stripped the bones of flesh until blank bones remained, half buried under loose stones. But the young dragons soul was not at rest, too soon torn from this plane of existence and she wanted to exist too. She had not been giving a chance to find out what kind of dragon she would have been, a kind one, a clever one maybe? Now it was only anger that could affect her, slowly consuming her soul until she was nothing more than an apparition of hate and bitterness. And as the last shreds of her soul faded away, the thing that called herself Psyche managed to gain hold of the bones left behind. She rebuild herself from scratch again but what had made her a dragon before, a sentient being, could not be found behind her eyes anymore. It was not too out of character for her to volunteer for a shift as guard, none even batting an eyelash. She was assigned the one at night together with another recent newcomer, the Outsider, a quiet and sometimes eery dragon but a valued member of the clan nonetheless. The shifts were never that long, only a few hours, before the next dragons would take over and guard the next generations with their life. Even though this procedure was in place, no one actually anticipated an attack. The lagoon could only be really reached by one path and the sandbanks made sure that no large sea-predator could come near their caves, they were safe, or at least they were supposed to be safe. But how do you guard yourself against an attack from within?[/i] -----------
Haven't been able to share any dragon before in the Lore weeks but here it goes
Beware, this will be long :'D

WIP
The Ancient One
Elgarnan

1422868_350.png

Elgarnan mustered the young Imperial before him, he had seen her when she came before their leader and pleaded for sanctuary when she was a mere hatchling. She had grown up fine and his heart ached for her and the pain she would have to endure in the future, a cruel fate awaited her.
And suddenly Elgarnan felt his age, old pains plaguing his body that had been broken one too many times but he was a warrior first and foremost and he did not have time for half healed bones and never leaving aches. With a sigh he beckoned the Imperial inside his personal cave on the outskirts of their sanctuary, a place he had chosen himself to better defend his clanmates from those who wished to harm. And to keep a look—out for the silent watchers that could be seen wandering alongside the cliffs surrounding their lagoon topside from time to time. Even as old as he was it still made his blood freeze when the bloody figures stared at him with their empty eyes. Event hough they had been the ones to save him from a lifetime alone.

Elgarnan had been hatched somewhere on the Windswept Plateau, sometimes a messenger but more often a fierce warrior. His life had led him to the most curious of places until he dwelt in the realm of the Gladekeeper with his latest mate. But then she decided to leave their home and him behind and so he had decided to see where his feet would carry him now, his children had grown up and many decided to serve the various deities. There had been nothing to hold him there in the jungles of the Gladekeeper. Sometimes he had been uncertain of this decision, what clan would accept an old warrior like him, would trust him? Even when he had lived with his latest mate, he had never been fully accepted, his ways strange for the rest of the clan. And so he wandered and never thought he would find a place to call home again.
Until he had been attacked by the Beastclans and feared certain death. But death did not come on this day, shadows had loomed over his fallen body when one of the beasts decided to end him. Terror had filled his opponents’ eyes, the last thing Elgarnan saw before darkness claimed him had been a bloody harpy crushing a scorpion before him, her wings tattered and eyes hollow. Her heart had been ripped out.

He came awake to the soft whispers of foreign dragons. Two Skydancers and two Imperials had assembled around him but it was the Stonewatch Harpy floating next to the female Skydancer that drew his gaze, the memories of the fight still fresh in mind. The Skydancers were named Azul and Shiva, he was the leader of the clan and she their shaman, and the Imperials Venus and Polaris, the first clearly a victim of cruel torture but her pale eyes still full of kindness while the latter seemed cold and detached until he spotted the little birds sitting in her thick mane. The Harpy never talked to him but he learned that it had been her flock that had come to his aid, first ripping his attackers apart and then taking place as silent watchers alongside the cliff until no space was left empty and Shiva had come to investigate with the others. She had not been surprised to hear of his story and was the one who told him her own story and that the dead harpies were called the silent watchers, often only seen when change loomed on the horizon, often meaning new members for their clan. But, she had told him, this was the first time she had seen so many of them materializing.

And thus Elgarnan became a part of the Leviathan Sanctuary, a lair in the hollow caves of the cliffs underneath the waves where he was welcome and met the most curious of dragons. Many had been wandering like him, others had been betrayed and exiled by their former clans and others where something completely different.
Now Elgarnan often wanders along the shore and keeps his gaze trained on the cliffs surrounding their small lagoon, the winding path down to the beach seldom treated by strangers but which should nonetheless be watched for intruders. Leviathan, the other warrior of the clan, often accompanied him and it was only rarely that the silent watchers on the stones would disrupt their routine, a sure sign that someone new would find their way to their little sanctuary. Or something.

The Young One
Corvo

37827429_350.png

Corvo looked around Elgarnan’s cave, they had heard of the stories surrounding the old warrior and had felt icy tendrils of fear taking hold of their insides. But they were calmer now, the old dragon seemed kind and sad but not so dangerous as the other young dragons in the lair had made him out to be. For a moment they were ashamed, especially they should know to never judge another by the words of other but it seemed like it would take some time for them to live by this promise. But they had come here for a reason and so they would try to feel contrite later, after they had learned what they had come for. Convo looked up and fastened their gaze on the Wildclaw before them, their whiskers twitching in annoyance at their behavior and started laying down the reason for their coming. And the whole time no sound left their throat.

Convo had often problems remembering their first home, they must have had a family and parents but the only thing that was clear in their memories was the never-ending cold. They remembered how it licked on their heels and nipped on their muzzle, how the snow glistered in the sun blindingly. It was cold, yes, but it was also beautiful and Corvo remembered staying outside their nest for long times, only coming back to the nest when their tiny body was shaking. That was the only thing they remembered from their family, the warmth when they came back and the laughter of their siblings.

But one day this warmth disappeared and suddenly the icy lands did not seem as beautiful as before but treacherous and deadly. For the first time in their short life, they had felt fear and it was a feeling that would accomplice them for quite some time. It was also the first time Corvo truly registered how different they were, they wanted the warmth back but they could not beg nor scream, with the warmth they never had need for their voice before to mourn its lack but now? Now they realized that the world was not fair to little hatchlings that could not ask for anything. And so they wandered from place to place, only eating what little scraps they could procure and running from bigger dragons and other predators. Life in the snowy tundras the Icewarden called home was harsh and not much kindness left for lost hatchlings that did not seem like they would be able to carry their weight. Some wanted them to stay because of their colouring so that they could bear hatchlings but Corvo’s mind went into pure panic and they tasted bile in their throat. Those clans they left even faster then the ones were they where ignored.

Maybe life would have continued for them like that if they had not left the Icewarden’s lands behind and crossed lands until the sea rose on the horizon. By then, they were emancipated and feverish and could not move much farther. But the sea seemed so beautiful under the sun, glittering waves and a soothing wind playing alongside their body. Well, Corvo figured, if I am going to die then I want to die with my eyes open and seeing the beauty of life until my last breath. And thus they dragged their body to the cliffs overlooking the sea, eyes slipping closer more often then not. They would have stayed there on the rocky outskirts if there had not been a persistent tugging on one of their horns. Grumbling, they opened their eyes (and when had they closed them?) to see a blurred shape in front of them. They closed their eyes again.

Convo did not think they would wake up again but they did and they actually did not feel as awful as they thought they would after everything.
„Because we gave you more than enough healing potions, little one“, an amused voice rumbled and Corvo’s gaze snapped to the speaker. It was an Imperial, big and much older than them with bloody bandages and bones decorating their body. But her eyes, they were the same colour as theirs but kind, so much kinder than what Corvo often seen on their journey.
„You are safe here, little one, I am Venus and this can be you sanctuary like it has been for me“, a small smile played on the other’s maw and Corvo could see tiny scars around it like someone had stitched across it. They could only marvel that this dragon would show them kindness when it seemed like she had never been shown much kindness herself. And so they nodded and the smile grew larger on Venus’ face. The next day, Corvo met Azul for the first time.

The Friend
Azul

3023644_350.png

„Ah yes, the Nesting“, Elgarnan sighed and studied Corvo for a moment.
„This is not a story I would like a young one to hear but I think you have the right to know what happened“ the Imperial nodded furiously and lay down, Elgarnan followed suit and took a more comfortable position. He may not have been a part of this clan for as long as some others but he had learned many things at the side of Shiva who had told him about the beginnings of the clan. And Elgarnan could hardly fault Corvo for coming to him rather then approaching the Skydancer, there was something very unnerving about Shiva and the only ones who could stand to be near her for a longer time where her familiar, her mate Ophion, Azul and Elgarnan himself. So he had taken it as his task to keep old stories alive and teach the younger generation about the life of the clan.
„Well then, listen closely for it all begun with someone you know very well for he is often a friend first and foremost before his duties as a leader…“

Azul had been the leader for as long as the clan members remembered. The only ones who knew otherwise were few, the first to follow him to the new-founded sanctuary had been Shiva, led by her ever present familiar to a new home, Venus, who had escaped from a life worse than death, Ophion, who had come seeking knowledge, and Polaris, a gentle giant who had not fit into the Lightweaver’s domain with her cold colouring. These dragons were the inner circle, the body of the clan but Azul, Azul was the heart, the one who kept all these different characters together. And in turn, the inner circle had made it their duty to ensure that Azul would not break under his many burdens.

The story goes like this, a young dragon set out to explore Sornieth and left their family behind, parents and many siblings. They wandered, met a female Skydancer where the terrain became wetter and fell in love at the beaches of the Tidelord. He thought he had found the place where he belonged, so in love was he with the other Skydancer. He never assumed that their time would be cut short.

War broke out between two skirmishing clans and Azul rushed to defend his new home from the attackers who had stolen his mate and taken her to the lightning filled planes. So he fought, desperate to get the love of his life back, their hatchlings had already left before and she was his everything.
But he wasn’t her everything.

The fighting was brutal and cost many dragons their life until nearly nothing remained from the water clan that Azul had been part of, the last members fleeing into the night. Azul endured, the thought of his mate giving him strength and in the end only he was left against another warrior of the lightning clan. Horrifying he realized whom he would have to kill to get his mate back, it was one of his siblings, a sibling he had slept next to and whom he had taught to hunt and fight. The other taunted him and told him what had become of his beautiful mate, that she had not been abducted but had betrayed their clan and him for another male whose eggs she had carried.

In the end, Azul won the fight but at a terrible price. Body broken and mind overwhelmed with grief and desperation he stumbled from the battlefield and left the war behind, never looking back. He cursed fate and the deities and vowed to never fight again for he thought it was all useless bloodshed. He had wandered Sornieth to meet new dragons and make friends, he was gentle of nature and the fighting had gone against his very nature. It was then that he met his salvation, a curious spark dancing along the dead bodies and taking the shape of his old clan’s Sprite, electricity humming in the air around it. This Sprite had been as discouraged as Azul from all the fighting, families turning against each other and it refused to stay part of it.

Together, they wandered along the shores of the Tidelord’s realm until the Sprite led Azul to the little lagoon which would become his home. It was there, that they stepped into the waves and welcomed the gifts of the Tidelord, for water is always changing and the driving force behind life, the Tidelord would protect them and all that followed.
Azul had wanted a home where he could live in peace and with this in mind he welcomed all that needed help. The leader he may be but it was his friendship that everyone valued the most because for many his had been the very first words spoken to them in kindness.

The Progenitor
Hariasa

2969946_350.png

Convo stared at Elgarnan for a heartbeat, the confusion in their eyes evident. A couple of blinks later they seemed to have gotten themselves together again and their claws stared waving a new pattern in the air between the two dragons. The elder one clicked with his tongue and shook his head.
„Calm, dear one, calm. I know that you have questions, how all of this part of the reason for your visit“, Elgarnan closed his eyes for a moment and hummed in his throat.
„Well, where to continue, hm, before we come to your friend we have to take another step back, even further than before, to a time where Azul had not been the leader of this clan and it was another dragon who had resided over this land. Let us talk about the Progenitor, Hariasa…“

Hariasa had been hatched from a lone egg in the shallow waters of a sandbank, her small body fighting with the hard shell of the egg and the sharp edges nearly cutting into her thin wings. At last, she had freed herself and her had seen the sun for the first time in her life. The warm light painting colorful stripes in the water fascinated her and so she spend the first moments of her life laughingly skimming alongside the waves, dipping her claws into the wetness. She had been young and innocent and in this moment, playing between the waves and waving by the maren swimming underneath her in the deeper sea, she knew what freedom meant. It was a feeling that would forever stay with her.

The sandbank where she had hatched where part of a tiny lagoon, big cliffs surrounding the warm water and acting as natural defenses from enemies. Hariasa spend most of her time exploring her new home and it was during one of these adventures that she discovered the caves leading from a tunnel underneath the sea into the cliffs. Glittering stones had shimmered like kaleidoscopes and lit her way deeper into the stone. The little Fae had been fascinated and claimed one of the many caves for herself before diving back into the sea to share her discovery with her friends living beneath the water. But when she came back at nighttime, for the first time in her short life she realized how alone she actually was, the many empty caves seemingly bigger in the quiet of the night.

Her friends had been worried about Hariasa for quite some time, she had become quiet and withdrawn, her smiles forced and the light slowly leaving her eyes. They knew that Hariasa needed another dragon by her side and that they would never be enough because they were bound to the sea while the Fae spent most of her life under the sun. And so they planned, the cliffs were high and dangerous to climb but Hariasa did also not have the strength to leave the lagoon by flying over the sea. A path had to be created, so that the Fae would be able to meet others on the land.

When Hariasa awoke, she debated for a moment wether or not she should even leave her nest but in the end her growling stomach compelled her to leave the caves. The sun felt warm on her body and she stretched languidly before catching herself some food. It was only afterwards that she realized that she had been observed. Another dragon sat on the beach a few steps away from her and mustered her amused.
„Where did you come from?“ Hariasa wondered aloud and flew to the male.
„From the plateau overhead“, and the other pointed behind him to the cliffs where Hariasa could make out a narrow path. She squinted.
„That has not been here yesterday“, she said accusingly and tapped on the other Fae’s breast. The male seemed more amused than offended and actually laughed.
„Did you not hear the ruckus that the beasts in the vicinity made? It seems like some of the sea dwellers bargained with the rock dwellers and here we are“, he spread his arms and wings wide. Hariasa shook her head and groaned.
„And so you decided to what, see what treasure you would find here?“, she asked scathingly and turned up her nose.
„And I think I found the most beautiful treasure of all“, he replied cheekily and bowed before her.
„You are kidding, you do not even know me“, she spluttered and he laughed again.
„Well then, my name is Forseti, may I now inquire about your name, m’lady?“, he grinned at her impishly and she could feel herself blush.
„…Hariasa. And stop calling me lady, I’m an adventurer!“, she kicked him mulishly and tried to will the blush to disappear from her face but judging after the even wider growing grin on Forseti’s face she did not completely succeed.
„Well then, Hariasa the adventurer, what is it that you plan to do with this cozy little lagoon now that a path down here exists?“, he scratched his chin with a claw and mustered the female from the corner of one eye while training his gaze onto the path. Hariasa mused over her answer for a moment before she replied.
„I think it would be nice to find new friends, I only lived with the sea dwellers before and they seem to have gone to great lengths to ensure that I would not be alone, so why not give something of that back? Yes, I think I would like that, exploring the land behind these cliffs and bringing anyone back here who needs a place to stay.“, she nodded to herself and trained her gaze on the other Fae. Forseti brightened up.
„Now, could I then ask for a place to stay? To be honest I left everything behind when I decided to wander along the Tidelord’s realm and you are the first dragon I meet that did not meet me with initial hostility. You are something of a fresh breath and I think that I can assume much of you in the future.“

And so a clan was build, first only the two of them but soon new dragons found their way down the cliffs and even if all of them left sooner or later, Hariasa and Forseti were content with each other. Until the day that a Lightning Sprite decided to lead a scarred Skydancer down to their halls. They nursed him to health and tried to heal his broken soul as much as they could. This one, this one decided to stay and help them make a home for all that wander.
And what came after is history.

The Traitor
Psyche

35958636_350.png

Elgarnan stopped when he came to the end of this part and Corvo looked at him worried. Slightly trembling he tried to reassure them but he could see in their eyes that they did not believe his words for a moment.
„You see, this whole clan, this sanctuary, it has been build on equality and the wish to give everyone who found themselves lost a new home. This is what Hariasa and, when she decided to let Azul handle the sanctuary, he wanted, a place of peace. And it is this that makes the betrayal we had to endure even more grievous.“, a large claw came to rest delicately on his own and he blinked grateful at Corvo with a slight smile. The young Imperial had endured so much but their heart was still kind and it gave him new strength and hope for their future generations. He coughed before continuing with his story, eyes shining with unshed tears.
„We had so many different characters here, nobody cared where exactly the others came from. We even ended up giving trapped Spirits and creatures from nightmares a new home but she, she was a real monster and we were too blind to realize what exactly we had led into out midst…“

She had appeared like a ghostly apparition one day on the shore, the wind playing with the plumage behind her winding horns. Her name was Psyche and she was one of the most beautiful dragons to have ever graced the sanctuary with her appearance. But also the most ruthless. But that was something they all learned later, when it was already way too late.

Psyche did not have any family or at least she never once let anything slip past her teeth about them. She claimed to have come from the stony lands of the Earthshaker’s domain, a lone egg hatched in an abandoned mine and had wandered all over Sornieth to find a permanent home. Azul welcomed her readily and they opened up their home for her, she was a polite dragon, always ready to lend a hand or listen to other’s problems. Everyone liked her and her approachable character and so she became one of the most trusted members of the clan in just a short while. She made herself indispensable, plotting all the while like an arachne sitting inside their web. Nothing happened without her knowing, there were no secrets before her and everyone sought out her council. Even Azul found himself sharing his burdens with this kind Skydancer, just for a moment he could act like a mere member of the clan instead of the strong leader he represented most of the time.

The nesting grounds were the most protected and sheltered of places, the mothers- and fathers-to-be fiercely guarding their nests with routinely changing shifts giving them the chance to catch up on sleep. Psyche had no nest herself but she could still often be found conversing with the eager parents waiting for their nests to hatch or already caring for their young. There was always something bittersweet in the glitter of her eyes and the slant of her maw but blink and it was gone so none commented on it. All the while something dark festered in her heart, a void where the dragon’s soul should have been.

What the clan did not know, was that while she had not lied about her origin, she did not tell them the complete truth. Oh, there had been an abandoned egg hatched but it had been a long, long time ago. And it had been hatched in an old mine but Psyche may not have been as truthful about her days spent there as they had thought. Tell me, how was a freshly hatched dragon supposed to fend for themselves, feed themselves or find a way out? The answer is simple: no hatchling could. And so the little hatchling died, malnourished and torn apart by bigger predators calling this mine their home (there was always a reason why an egg was abandoned, wasn’t there?). Time flew by and the sands of time stripped the bones of flesh until blank bones remained, half buried under loose stones. But the young dragons soul was not at rest, too soon torn from this plane of existence and she wanted to exist too. She had not been giving a chance to find out what kind of dragon she would have been, a kind one, a clever one maybe? Now it was only anger that could affect her, slowly consuming her soul until she was nothing more than an apparition of hate and bitterness. And as the last shreds of her soul faded away, the thing that called herself Psyche managed to gain hold of the bones left behind. She rebuild herself from scratch again but what had made her a dragon before, a sentient being, could not be found behind her eyes anymore.

It was not too out of character for her to volunteer for a shift as guard, none even batting an eyelash. She was assigned the one at night together with another recent newcomer, the Outsider, a quiet and sometimes eery dragon but a valued member of the clan nonetheless. The shifts were never that long, only a few hours, before the next dragons would take over and guard the next generations with their life. Even though this procedure was in place, no one actually anticipated an attack. The lagoon could only be really reached by one path and the sandbanks made sure that no large sea-predator could come near their caves, they were safe, or at least they were supposed to be safe. But how do you guard yourself against an attack from within?

1fc2ff2e949a1329055d354d1c111a4e.png
These are all amazing, everyone! Please keep working hard and creating these great pieces of lore!
These are all amazing, everyone! Please keep working hard and creating these great pieces of lore!
I can't exactly spin a story around these guys because I'm not sure what their relationships to each other are yet, but here they are anyway. The Ancient One: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34618510] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346186/34618510_350.png[/img] [/url] Ancient isn't actually that old, but is so stupidly powerful that everyone including her thinks that she's the reincarnation of a much older dragon. She's intense. Fun and friendly, but still intense enough to be quite intimidating. The Young One: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37947033] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379471/37947033_350.png[/img] [/url] Kestrel is currently the youngest member of the clan. She's part of the 5th generation of the clan and is the great great granddaughter of the clan's founder Poisonberry. She's a rambunctious little thing who takes after her boisterous mother. The Friend: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33611796] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336118/33611796_350.png[/img] [/url] Seaweed is one of the clan's founders. He is a patriarchal figure for all of the clan, mediating disputes and coordinating his family when they need to work together. He is a charming and friendly laid-back hippy who is asleep more than he's awake. The Progenitor: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33611795] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336118/33611795_350.png[/img] [/url] Poisonberry is the original founder of the clan. She is the matriarch of her massive family and couldn't be more proud of them if she tried. She founded the clan with the aim of being the head of a mighty clan and she certainly succeeded in that. She's fun and enthusiastic despite her fearsome appearance and disturbing hobbies. The Traitor: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34999538] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349996/34999538_350.png[/img] [/url] Death is probably the most likely to betray the clan because he doesn't actually care. He's not the only bad egg in the clan, just the one who you can't really reason with. He's so devoted to the idea of oblivion that he truly believes that his family aren't really worth anything, because nothing is worth anything including himself. The Loved One: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37947032] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379471/37947032_350.png[/img] [/url] Osprey is Kestrel's brother. He's a sweet shy kid and Kestrel thinks the world of him and looks after him.
I can't exactly spin a story around these guys because I'm not sure what their relationships to each other are yet, but here they are anyway.

The Ancient One:

34618510_350.png

Ancient isn't actually that old, but is so stupidly powerful that everyone including her thinks that she's the reincarnation of a much older dragon. She's intense. Fun and friendly, but still intense enough to be quite intimidating.

The Young One:

37947033_350.png

Kestrel is currently the youngest member of the clan. She's part of the 5th generation of the clan and is the great great granddaughter of the clan's founder Poisonberry. She's a rambunctious little thing who takes after her boisterous mother.

The Friend:

33611796_350.png

Seaweed is one of the clan's founders. He is a patriarchal figure for all of the clan, mediating disputes and coordinating his family when they need to work together. He is a charming and friendly laid-back hippy who is asleep more than he's awake.

The Progenitor:

33611795_350.png

Poisonberry is the original founder of the clan. She is the matriarch of her massive family and couldn't be more proud of them if she tried. She founded the clan with the aim of being the head of a mighty clan and she certainly succeeded in that. She's fun and enthusiastic despite her fearsome appearance and disturbing hobbies.

The Traitor:

34999538_350.png

Death is probably the most likely to betray the clan because he doesn't actually care. He's not the only bad egg in the clan, just the one who you can't really reason with. He's so devoted to the idea of oblivion that he truly believes that his family aren't really worth anything, because nothing is worth anything including himself.

The Loved One:

37947032_350.png

Osprey is Kestrel's brother. He's a sweet shy kid and Kestrel thinks the world of him and looks after him.
P9aWhak.png
NN9NPXA.png
v2PJF9u.png
bYt72YT.png
Claim :D
Claim :D
echo.pngbiscuit.pngXAwbs1b.pngc4w7tx2.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y6dei7bhs57deiw/lighttop.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][size=5][size=7][color=e8af49][b]M[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=e8af49]egumi the Ancient One[/color][/size][/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33358167] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/333582/33358167_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/p556sald781qozi/lightmid.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][size=5][size=7][color=e8af49][b]K[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=e8af49]yan the Young One[/color][/size][/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33431340] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/334314/33431340_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/p556sald781qozi/lightmid.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][size=5][size=7][color=e8af49][b]C[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=e8af49]ecil the Loved One[/color][/size][/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=125046&did=33241564][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=33241564&skin=21596&apparel=1749,20829,23025,1707,17488,10876,19647,12919,350,17257,17273,2332&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/p556sald781qozi/lightmid.png[/img][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=7][color=e8af49][b]M[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=e8af49]egumi peered down at the young Skydancer before her, not even flinching when he tightened his grip on his sword. His green eyes were locked with hers, or they would be if she didn't wear a cover over them, and it took his Sparkle Nymph resting atop his nose to stop him from going any further than that. He practically growled his question once more, wings flared ever so slightly. [b]"I said it once, and I'll say it again. Where is Cecil?"[/b] She saw his talons sink into the fleshy soil beneath him, and she swore she could see the ground fight back against his grip. It came with living at the top of the Rotrock Rim, it seemed. He appeared about to leave the old Imperial when she finally spoke. [b]"Your mentor has been stolen from us, I'm afraid."[/b] He turned back, a frown set upon his face. He obviously wasn't happy with her words, and he was definitely going to voice his opinion on the matter. [b]"What do you mean, stolen? He's one of our best warriors!"[/b] Megumi sighed, shaking her head. He didn't know the wastes like she did, nor did he quite understand the threat the entire clan faced. He only saw the beastclans that charged their defenses, not the thing behind them. He should know what happened, at least. [b]"Sit down, Kyan. I will tell you all I know."[/b] Disgruntled, the Skydancer begrudgingly complied, folding his wings. His Nymph settled by his side, the runes on its wings glowing alongside its master's. Megumi nodded, drawing one of her brighter lanterns closer for the light. It was getting late, and the young Skydancer needed some form of light to see by. She waited for the coolness of night to fall over her home, a simple shrine, before she began her tale.[/color][/size][/font] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bhyrth56iqnizju/lightbottom.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4tanp5y4tyh09yi/shadowtop.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][size=5][size=7][color=442b52][b]R[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=442b52]eiko the Friend[/color][/size][/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32813455] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/328135/32813455_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gw39cpoxvpk6p1q/shadowmid.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][size=5][size=7][color=442b52][b]C[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=442b52]lockwork the Proginator[/color][/size][/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10545192] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/105452/10545192_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gw39cpoxvpk6p1q/shadowmid.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][size=5][size=7][color=442b52][b]M[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=442b52]ayonakahoshi the Traitor[/color][/size][/size][/font] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=125046&did=18905705][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=18905705&skin=11663&apparel=6275,1708,7842,24731,24735,16234,24730,6957,24734,24733&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gw39cpoxvpk6p1q/shadowmid.png[/img][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=7][color=442b52][b][i]W[/i][/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=442b52][i]hen the clan was young, I watched over the nests in shifts with my friend Reiko. She was an elderly kitsune, a Night Shiro if I do recall, awaiting her trial to become a true Tenko. If she passed, she'd be seen as an elder amongst the other kitsune that had gathered in the clan, a thousand-year-old wise one for them all to look up to and learn from. I believe she was only a few years away from her trial. I had seen others make their own attempts, and I was confident she would come out with her nine tails wagging like an excited puppy. Our old leader, Lushbane, had just retired from her role, allowing two new drakes to take her place. Only Clockwork was seen as a leader back then, as Eclipse merely translated her orders to the Coatls who had yet to learn draconian. Our clan was steadily growing, and we were wandering the Abiding Boneyard in search of a new den at the base of the Rotrock Rim. We had only just managed to escape from a deadly virus that had fallen upon the Wandering Contagion, and even though we had escaped the carnage then, many of us found ourselves wondering if we were still safe. Clockwork had been acting quite paranoid, and would always convince us to keep moving. We only stopped to nest, and as soon as the eggs hatched we'd move again, the new mothers carrying their young either atop their backs or in their arms alongside their fathers. Many young dragons still didn't know their role in life, and the young Mayonakahoshi, or as you know him Mayo, was no different. The poor thing was still trying to figure out just why he'd been turned to stone! He didn't quite understand that it was the residual magic in the ruin of his last adventure that had given him his great grandmother's stony curse. He was adored by many, and even his grandmother and great uncle were doing their best to help him. Even I was at a loss when he described his incident to me. I'd never heard of magic that turned explorers to living stone. The closest thing I knew was the cockatrice, a creature who turned predators and prey alike to stone if they dared meet its stony gaze. I simply couldn't help him, and eventually he seemed to give in to his fate. We had settled down to nest once more, new mothers guarding their brood while fathers kept a wary eye out for beastclans and other threats, even if they knew they would likely be crushed by their opponent. Clockwork hadn't been too keen on stopping where we had, and I couldn't blame her. You often find the skeletons of drakes who had failed to cross the Boneyard scattered about, and they're often seen as bad luck if you're trying to cross. We had stopped beside the bleached bones of what had to be the largest Imperial to ever live, its sockets large enough for me to fall into if I were to be so childish as to climb the thing. Nearby, nestled in what little foliage there was out in the Boneyard, was an old ruin, its dark stone walls a stark contrast to the flesh-like land around it. Broken columns reached to the sky, and I could see bright yellow topaz and dark purple tanzanite accentuating the doors of stone. Two sets of runes were etched into the frame, yet none of the dragons could read a single scratch of it. Most of us avoided the thing, and we were anxious to continue our journey into the Boneyard. On the night of the incident, I had decided to stay with Reiko during her shift. Her anticipation towards her trial was distracting, and I wanted to keep her company, if only to remind her that she had a job to do. One of three nests had hatched, and the younger hatchlings were overjoyed with the idea of waking up to fluffy tails to get lost in. One was being dragged back to the nest by his mother as she scolded him, telling the poor little guy that he should respect the kitsune, not eat her fur. Beyond Reiko's excited ramblings, I could hear the murmur of conversation between the other two mothers. One was Mayo's great grandmother, sitting on another brood. The other mother was comforting her. You see, Mayo had vanished early that morning, and still we could not find him. Clockwork was frantic in her own search, even demanding some of our finest warriors check the giant skull to see if he'd somehow fallen inside. Yet we couldn't find hide nor hair of him, even in his own temporary den. His great grandmother was worried sick, as was his grandmother, who had decided to settle with her mother for the night both to comfort the nesting Imperial and herself. I saw Reiko beginning to nod off, and I decided to have pity on her. I let her rest beside me. She'd been active in the search, and her meager rest afterwards apparently hadn't been enough. As the clan around us grew quiet, I watched, scanning for possible threats. It was during this silence that I saw something. There, in the distance, was a bright yellow light. It was coming from the ruins! I didn't know what it meant, but I knew I couldn't leave my post. I should have gone to those ruins. The light soon faded, and I turned back to my watch, ignoring the snores of my young friend. Some time later, as the moon began to sink from the sky, I saw a hulking figure approaching me. I was shocked to see our lost Mayo, his eyes gleaming in the moonlight as he smiled at me. I didn't notice something was wrong until it was too late. He struck swiftly, knocking me to the ground. My weight practically crushed Reiko, who had awoken to my cry. She wasn't awake for long. I couldn't move, though I knew that I should be able to. I noticed his glowing claws, and I realized that he must've paralyzed me somehow. I could only watch as he entered the nesting grounds, quiet as a ghost. It was as he passed that I saw it. Etched into his stony hide were the same runes as those on the doors of the ruins, or at least they were the same sets. The words must've been different, but the language was the same. Some were purple in hue, others a soft gold. I knew then and there that he'd done what he always did. He'd gone to investigate the ruins, just like he had when he'd been turned to stone. His claws never pierced the skin of the mothers. Simply brushing by their eyes was enough to keep them in a deep slumber. He approached the nests, murmuring to the eggs. To this day, I don't know what he said. He sounded conflicted, as if he were arguing with himself. He even seemed to fight his own claws as he reached for the eggs. I noticed that the golden runes glowed brighter when he fought back, but the darker urge won in the end. He finished gathering the eggs, then turned to leave. I would've demanded Clockwork banish him as soon as I could move again if it weren't for one simple thing. He was crying. I don't know why, but at that moment I knew that this wasn't Mayo's doing. He had become a vessel, corrupted, and whatever was there was using him to steal these eggs. I could hear his sobs as he walked away, taking the two broods to the ruins. The next morning, when the clan awoke, they were shocked by our news. Reiko hadn't seen our attacker, but my story had been enough to send them into a frenzy. Some of them blamed my friend for the incident, claiming she was cursed. Perhaps those words stuck with her, for she returned from her trial years later as a Cursed Tenko. Some even blamed me, though those comments quickly died when Clockwork sprung into action. She set up search parties once more, this time for the eggs. She hoped to find them and return them to their mothers, and quickly. And so we searched. After three days, my party stumbled upon something unexpected. There lay Mayo, his body badly damaged. It took all my strength to keep the others from attacking him. It was my decision to make on what to do with him. I saw only one option. As the leader of the party, I ordered the other dragons to help me carry him back to the clan. The only ones who seemed happy by his return were his blood relatives, and even they were wary of him. After some nursing from the clan healers, he awoke. He couldn't remember stealing the eggs, nor could he remember attacking any of us. He recalled that, when he'd approached the ruins, they'd begun to glow, and the doors opened for him. He'd been wary of magical traps ever since he'd turned, so he instantly checked for any form of magic. All he could find was the spell that simply made the runes glow. From what he could tell, that was it. He'd entered the ruins, only to be swamped in shadow. He remembered fear, pain, and screaming, but that was it. As I listened to his account, I began to recognize just what had happened. This wasn't draconian magic. This was the work of the Shade. Our young Mayo had been Shade-touched. However, he'd fought it. He recalled a vague sense of nothingness and a constant struggle, as well as a light in what he began to call the ocean of shadows. I'd seen that light, and his unconscious struggle to fight the Shade four nights prior. He didn't recall what the shadows said, but he did know that he protested whatever it was. It must have been when he was murmuring to the eggs. When I voiced my thoughts, the others began to understand just how dire our situation was. The Shade had taken one of us, and if the stories were true, we had to leave. We were divided, some wanting to escape this immediate threat. Others demanded we stay, as the eggs might still be nearby. Clockwork would be the final say on the matter, but she remained silent. That night, she'd left to find the eggs on her own. If she couldn't find them, then we'd be forced to leave when the sun rose in the sky. I was guarding the recovering families with Reiko when we heard a scream. We both ran off, trying to find the source. We never expected to find our leader, broken and dying in the open doors of the ruins. Reiko scooped her up and led the way, but I hesitated, looking back into those cursed doors. I saw, just for a moment, seven broken shells, darkened and dripping with black sludge. Then the doors slammed shut in my face. The eggs were gone, destroyed and taken by the Shade. That morning, Clockwork was a new Fae. Darius, our inventor, had found some of his spare parts, and had made Clockwork new limbs and organs for those lost to the Shade. She simply told the clan she couldn't find the eggs, and that we'd leave that afternoon. I never told them what I saw. Mayo still speaks in that foreign tongue sometimes, arguing with himself, but he never acts on it. It seems as though those alchemy bottles of energy actually did help him tame that beast. However, he told me one more thing the night we returned with our leader. He told me that its still out there. Whatever turned him, whatever attacked our leader, is still out in the Boneyard, hunting our clan down for disturbing its home. It rivals the skeleton by the ruin, perhaps it is even the spirit of the drake who fell so long ago. None of that matters, though. What matters is that its still alive, and it will attack our clan.[/i][/color][/size][/font] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yglin87tc1e2r26/shadowbottom.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y6dei7bhs57deiw/lighttop.png[/img][/center] [font=Times New Roman][size=7][color=e8af49][b]M[/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=e8af49]egumi ended her tale, waiting for the young one to respond. It was a lot to take in, and she knew he would need a moment or two to comprehend what she'd told him. Finally, he spoke. [b]"What does this have to do with Cecil? He wasn't even around back then."[/b] She nodded, understanding why he would be confused. She slowly leaned forward, nudging the Skydancer, brushing the dark scar across his eye. [b]"Your mentor bears the same scar, does he not?"[/b] Kyan nodded, frowning. He didn't seem to understand what that had to do with it either. [b]"Just recently, Cecil returned from a scouting mission. Normally, darkened scar or not, we all bleed the same. However, his blood was thick and black. Clockwork had no choice but to send him away, as that thick blood is a sign of the Shade."[/b] Kyan didn't take long to fight her words, his green eyes watering. [b]"Him, Shade-touched?! If anything, I'm the cursed one! I was cursed in the Hewn City! Just look at these wings! They're obviously from some Shade-like curse!"[/b] Megumi could hear the crack in his voice, the sobs he could barely hold back. She felt a pang in her heart at the sound, but she did not waver. [b]"That may be, but all we know about the Shade is that those possessed by it have thick, black blood. I'm sorry."[/b] Kyan sat in silence, and the elderly Imperial could hear his sobs now. She waited, wondering what he would do. She was startled by his answer. [b]"Where was he sent to?"[/b] Megumi frowned, confused. She may have foretold that the Shade would not leave them just yet, and she definitely knew Kyan was a stubborn little ball of feathers, but it sounded almost as if... [b]"You wish to find him. To help him."[/b] A decisive nod was her reply, and she sighed. She hoped the young one would accept her answer. She was about to tell him he couldn't follow his mentor when she paused, a simple thought running through her head. After a few moments of silence, she finally spoke. [b]"He set off towards the Boneyard just last night. If you travel quickly, you might be able to catch him."[/b] Kyan nodded, his Sparkle Nymph darting to his side as he stood. He began to leave her shrine, but paused, looking back. [b]"Thank you, Megumi. You really are a wise one."[/b] She could almost hear the silent promise that he'd succeed, bring back Cecil, and find a way to seal this string of the Shade once and for all. Perhaps it was the wind, or the soft thumps of his footsteps as he left her alone in her shrine. She didn't know why, but she believed it. She just hoped she'd made the right choice. [b]"In the name of the timeline, I hope I'm right."[/b] Slowly, she turned around and settled in her cushioned nest, the lanterns settling around her as she finally closed her eyes for some rest. That night, she dreamed of the sands of time washing over her scales, and she could see the old ruins. Standing before her was a great Imperial, a misty ghost of what had once been. The shadows faded, and there stood Kyan. He was smiling, walking with Cecil as they were bathed in a bright yellow light. He nodded to her, saying something in a tongue she did not understand. She didn't have to. She knew what it meant. She awoke with a smile on her face. She had made the right decision. He may have only left a few hours ago, but she knew that, in the end, he would succeed. The sands of time shifted and churned beneath their paws, but those two would free them of the Shade. They'd find the light, and would guide the clan into a new age. That morning, an Imperial of Light watched over the clan, knowing that no matter how the sands of time wore the lives around her away, she would stand strong and, for the very first time, she would not be alone.[/color][/size][/font] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bhyrth56iqnizju/lightbottom.png[/img][/center]
lighttop.png
Megumi the Ancient One

33358167_350.png

lightmid.png
Kyan the Young One

33431340_350.png

lightmid.png
Cecil the Loved One
dragon?did=33241564&skin=21596&apparel=1749,20829,23025,1707,17488,10876,19647,12919,350,17257,17273,2332&xt=dressing.png
lightmid.png
Megumi peered down at the young Skydancer before her, not even flinching when he tightened his grip on his sword. His green eyes were locked with hers, or they would be if she didn't wear a cover over them, and it took his Sparkle Nymph resting atop his nose to stop him from going any further than that. He practically growled his question once more, wings flared ever so slightly.

"I said it once, and I'll say it again. Where is Cecil?" She saw his talons sink into the fleshy soil beneath him, and she swore she could see the ground fight back against his grip. It came with living at the top of the Rotrock Rim, it seemed. He appeared about to leave the old Imperial when she finally spoke.

"Your mentor has been stolen from us, I'm afraid." He turned back, a frown set upon his face. He obviously wasn't happy with her words, and he was definitely going to voice his opinion on the matter.

"What do you mean, stolen? He's one of our best warriors!" Megumi sighed, shaking her head. He didn't know the wastes like she did, nor did he quite understand the threat the entire clan faced. He only saw the beastclans that charged their defenses, not the thing behind them. He should know what happened, at least.

"Sit down, Kyan. I will tell you all I know." Disgruntled, the Skydancer begrudgingly complied, folding his wings. His Nymph settled by his side, the runes on its wings glowing alongside its master's. Megumi nodded, drawing one of her brighter lanterns closer for the light. It was getting late, and the young Skydancer needed some form of light to see by. She waited for the coolness of night to fall over her home, a simple shrine, before she began her tale.
lightbottom.png

shadowtop.png
Reiko the Friend

32813455_350.png

shadowmid.png
Clockwork the Proginator

10545192_350.png

shadowmid.png
Mayonakahoshi the Traitor
dragon?did=18905705&skin=11663&apparel=6275,1708,7842,24731,24735,16234,24730,6957,24734,24733&xt=dressing.png
shadowmid.png
When the clan was young, I watched over the nests in shifts with my friend Reiko. She was an elderly kitsune, a Night Shiro if I do recall, awaiting her trial to become a true Tenko. If she passed, she'd be seen as an elder amongst the other kitsune that had gathered in the clan, a thousand-year-old wise one for them all to look up to and learn from. I believe she was only a few years away from her trial. I had seen others make their own attempts, and I was confident she would come out with her nine tails wagging like an excited puppy.

Our old leader, Lushbane, had just retired from her role, allowing two new drakes to take her place. Only Clockwork was seen as a leader back then, as Eclipse merely translated her orders to the Coatls who had yet to learn draconian. Our clan was steadily growing, and we were wandering the Abiding Boneyard in search of a new den at the base of the Rotrock Rim. We had only just managed to escape from a deadly virus that had fallen upon the Wandering Contagion, and even though we had escaped the carnage then, many of us found ourselves wondering if we were still safe. Clockwork had been acting quite paranoid, and would always convince us to keep moving. We only stopped to nest, and as soon as the eggs hatched we'd move again, the new mothers carrying their young either atop their backs or in their arms alongside their fathers.

Many young dragons still didn't know their role in life, and the young Mayonakahoshi, or as you know him Mayo, was no different. The poor thing was still trying to figure out just why he'd been turned to stone! He didn't quite understand that it was the residual magic in the ruin of his last adventure that had given him his great grandmother's stony curse. He was adored by many, and even his grandmother and great uncle were doing their best to help him. Even I was at a loss when he described his incident to me. I'd never heard of magic that turned explorers to living stone. The closest thing I knew was the cockatrice, a creature who turned predators and prey alike to stone if they dared meet its stony gaze. I simply couldn't help him, and eventually he seemed to give in to his fate.

We had settled down to nest once more, new mothers guarding their brood while fathers kept a wary eye out for beastclans and other threats, even if they knew they would likely be crushed by their opponent. Clockwork hadn't been too keen on stopping where we had, and I couldn't blame her. You often find the skeletons of drakes who had failed to cross the Boneyard scattered about, and they're often seen as bad luck if you're trying to cross. We had stopped beside the bleached bones of what had to be the largest Imperial to ever live, its sockets large enough for me to fall into if I were to be so childish as to climb the thing. Nearby, nestled in what little foliage there was out in the Boneyard, was an old ruin, its dark stone walls a stark contrast to the flesh-like land around it. Broken columns reached to the sky, and I could see bright yellow topaz and dark purple tanzanite accentuating the doors of stone. Two sets of runes were etched into the frame, yet none of the dragons could read a single scratch of it. Most of us avoided the thing, and we were anxious to continue our journey into the Boneyard.

On the night of the incident, I had decided to stay with Reiko during her shift. Her anticipation towards her trial was distracting, and I wanted to keep her company, if only to remind her that she had a job to do. One of three nests had hatched, and the younger hatchlings were overjoyed with the idea of waking up to fluffy tails to get lost in. One was being dragged back to the nest by his mother as she scolded him, telling the poor little guy that he should respect the kitsune, not eat her fur. Beyond Reiko's excited ramblings, I could hear the murmur of conversation between the other two mothers. One was Mayo's great grandmother, sitting on another brood. The other mother was comforting her.

You see, Mayo had vanished early that morning, and still we could not find him. Clockwork was frantic in her own search, even demanding some of our finest warriors check the giant skull to see if he'd somehow fallen inside. Yet we couldn't find hide nor hair of him, even in his own temporary den. His great grandmother was worried sick, as was his grandmother, who had decided to settle with her mother for the night both to comfort the nesting Imperial and herself.

I saw Reiko beginning to nod off, and I decided to have pity on her. I let her rest beside me. She'd been active in the search, and her meager rest afterwards apparently hadn't been enough. As the clan around us grew quiet, I watched, scanning for possible threats. It was during this silence that I saw something. There, in the distance, was a bright yellow light. It was coming from the ruins! I didn't know what it meant, but I knew I couldn't leave my post. I should have gone to those ruins.

The light soon faded, and I turned back to my watch, ignoring the snores of my young friend. Some time later, as the moon began to sink from the sky, I saw a hulking figure approaching me. I was shocked to see our lost Mayo, his eyes gleaming in the moonlight as he smiled at me. I didn't notice something was wrong until it was too late. He struck swiftly, knocking me to the ground. My weight practically crushed Reiko, who had awoken to my cry. She wasn't awake for long. I couldn't move, though I knew that I should be able to. I noticed his glowing claws, and I realized that he must've paralyzed me somehow. I could only watch as he entered the nesting grounds, quiet as a ghost.

It was as he passed that I saw it. Etched into his stony hide were the same runes as those on the doors of the ruins, or at least they were the same sets. The words must've been different, but the language was the same. Some were purple in hue, others a soft gold. I knew then and there that he'd done what he always did. He'd gone to investigate the ruins, just like he had when he'd been turned to stone.

His claws never pierced the skin of the mothers. Simply brushing by their eyes was enough to keep them in a deep slumber. He approached the nests, murmuring to the eggs. To this day, I don't know what he said. He sounded conflicted, as if he were arguing with himself. He even seemed to fight his own claws as he reached for the eggs. I noticed that the golden runes glowed brighter when he fought back, but the darker urge won in the end. He finished gathering the eggs, then turned to leave. I would've demanded Clockwork banish him as soon as I could move again if it weren't for one simple thing.

He was crying. I don't know why, but at that moment I knew that this wasn't Mayo's doing. He had become a vessel, corrupted, and whatever was there was using him to steal these eggs. I could hear his sobs as he walked away, taking the two broods to the ruins.

The next morning, when the clan awoke, they were shocked by our news. Reiko hadn't seen our attacker, but my story had been enough to send them into a frenzy. Some of them blamed my friend for the incident, claiming she was cursed. Perhaps those words stuck with her, for she returned from her trial years later as a Cursed Tenko. Some even blamed me, though those comments quickly died when Clockwork sprung into action. She set up search parties once more, this time for the eggs. She hoped to find them and return them to their mothers, and quickly.

And so we searched. After three days, my party stumbled upon something unexpected. There lay Mayo, his body badly damaged. It took all my strength to keep the others from attacking him. It was my decision to make on what to do with him. I saw only one option. As the leader of the party, I ordered the other dragons to help me carry him back to the clan. The only ones who seemed happy by his return were his blood relatives, and even they were wary of him.

After some nursing from the clan healers, he awoke. He couldn't remember stealing the eggs, nor could he remember attacking any of us. He recalled that, when he'd approached the ruins, they'd begun to glow, and the doors opened for him. He'd been wary of magical traps ever since he'd turned, so he instantly checked for any form of magic. All he could find was the spell that simply made the runes glow. From what he could tell, that was it. He'd entered the ruins, only to be swamped in shadow. He remembered fear, pain, and screaming, but that was it.

As I listened to his account, I began to recognize just what had happened. This wasn't draconian magic. This was the work of the Shade. Our young Mayo had been Shade-touched. However, he'd fought it. He recalled a vague sense of nothingness and a constant struggle, as well as a light in what he began to call the ocean of shadows. I'd seen that light, and his unconscious struggle to fight the Shade four nights prior. He didn't recall what the shadows said, but he did know that he protested whatever it was. It must have been when he was murmuring to the eggs.

When I voiced my thoughts, the others began to understand just how dire our situation was. The Shade had taken one of us, and if the stories were true, we had to leave. We were divided, some wanting to escape this immediate threat. Others demanded we stay, as the eggs might still be nearby. Clockwork would be the final say on the matter, but she remained silent.

That night, she'd left to find the eggs on her own. If she couldn't find them, then we'd be forced to leave when the sun rose in the sky. I was guarding the recovering families with Reiko when we heard a scream. We both ran off, trying to find the source.

We never expected to find our leader, broken and dying in the open doors of the ruins. Reiko scooped her up and led the way, but I hesitated, looking back into those cursed doors. I saw, just for a moment, seven broken shells, darkened and dripping with black sludge. Then the doors slammed shut in my face. The eggs were gone, destroyed and taken by the Shade.

That morning, Clockwork was a new Fae. Darius, our inventor, had found some of his spare parts, and had made Clockwork new limbs and organs for those lost to the Shade. She simply told the clan she couldn't find the eggs, and that we'd leave that afternoon. I never told them what I saw. Mayo still speaks in that foreign tongue sometimes, arguing with himself, but he never acts on it. It seems as though those alchemy bottles of energy actually did help him tame that beast. However, he told me one more thing the night we returned with our leader.

He told me that its still out there. Whatever turned him, whatever attacked our leader, is still out in the Boneyard, hunting our clan down for disturbing its home. It rivals the skeleton by the ruin, perhaps it is even the spirit of the drake who fell so long ago. None of that matters, though. What matters is that its still alive, and it will attack our clan.
shadowbottom.png

lighttop.png
Megumi ended her tale, waiting for the young one to respond. It was a lot to take in, and she knew he would need a moment or two to comprehend what she'd told him. Finally, he spoke.

"What does this have to do with Cecil? He wasn't even around back then." She nodded,
understanding why he would be confused. She slowly leaned forward, nudging the Skydancer, brushing the dark scar across his eye.

"Your mentor bears the same scar, does he not?" Kyan nodded, frowning. He didn't seem to understand what that had to do with it either.

"Just recently, Cecil returned from a scouting mission. Normally, darkened scar or not, we all bleed the same. However, his blood was thick and black. Clockwork had no choice but to send him away, as that thick blood is a sign of the Shade." Kyan didn't take long to fight her words,
his green eyes watering.

"Him, Shade-touched?! If anything, I'm the cursed one! I was cursed in the Hewn City! Just look at these wings! They're obviously from some Shade-like curse!" Megumi could hear the crack in his voice, the sobs he could barely hold back. She felt a pang in her heart at the sound,
but she did not waver.

"That may be, but all we know about the Shade is that those possessed by it have thick, black blood. I'm sorry." Kyan sat in silence, and the elderly Imperial could hear his sobs now. She waited, wondering what he would do. She was startled by his answer.

"Where was he sent to?" Megumi frowned, confused. She may have foretold that the Shade would not leave them just yet, and she definitely knew Kyan was a stubborn little ball of feathers, but it sounded almost as if...

"You wish to find him. To help him." A decisive nod was her reply, and she sighed. She hoped the young one would accept her answer. She was about to tell him he couldn't follow his mentor when she paused, a simple thought running through her head. After a few moments of silence, she finally spoke.

"He set off towards the Boneyard just last night. If you travel quickly, you might be able to catch him." Kyan nodded, his Sparkle Nymph darting to his side as he stood. He began to leave her shrine, but paused, looking back.

"Thank you, Megumi. You really are a wise one." She could almost hear the silent promise that he'd succeed, bring back Cecil, and find a way to seal this string of the Shade once and for all. Perhaps it was the wind, or the soft thumps of his footsteps as he left her alone in her shrine. She didn't know why, but she believed it. She just hoped she'd made the right choice.

"In the name of the timeline, I hope I'm right." Slowly, she turned around and settled in her cushioned nest, the lanterns settling around her as she finally closed her eyes for some rest.

That night, she dreamed of the sands of time washing over her scales, and she could see the old ruins. Standing before her was a great Imperial, a misty ghost of what had once been. The shadows faded, and there stood Kyan. He was smiling, walking with Cecil as they were bathed in a bright yellow light. He nodded to her, saying something in a tongue she did not understand. She didn't have to. She knew what it meant.

She awoke with a smile on her face. She had made the right decision. He may have only left a few hours ago, but she knew that, in the end, he would succeed. The sands of time shifted and churned beneath their paws, but those two would free them of the Shade. They'd find the light, and would guide the clan into a new age.

That morning, an Imperial of Light watched over the clan, knowing that no matter how the sands of time wore the lives around her away, she would stand strong and, for the very first time, she would not be alone.
lightbottom.png
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[center]There are a few problems here.[/center] [LIST=1] [*] Unlike most, Nowhere Asylum has no hierarchy, no leader, we are dedicated to our anarchic ways. [*] We don't really have any nesting grounds. We rarely have any hatchlings, and having them running around constantly would cause far more problems than it's worth. Most of us don't care, some actively hate them, are too busy to provide care for anyone beyond our closest companions, or are simply incapable of caring for them. [*] In short, as we see it, hatchlings serve little purpose. For the above reasons, we don't really care about eggs either and don't dedicate as a group. There's really only one inmate who cares for hatchlings or eggs, and she only bothers with her own eggs or those she has decided to take in. Like most of us, she's also busy most of the time. [*] Furthermore, we've only ever had one traitor and he's dead. It's kind of hard to betray that which has no rules and only cares to perpetuate the purest form of freedom. Anyone trying to formally bring order is forced out or killed, and everyone is free to leave if they don't like it here. [*] So instead, here's a bunch of weirdos futzing around because this whole thing doesn't work and would go absolutely nowhere. [/LIST] [center][b]The "ancient one"[/b] [u]Kvatyr[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6898795] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/68988/6898795_350.png[/img] [/url] Kvatyr claims to be the eldest inmate. She is one of our founders and obviously older than most of us. She's become deceptively frail and while her limbs are now failing and she can barely walk, she is still proficient in the air and a fantastic Plague mage. While most would hear "elder" and think of someone wise, Kvatyr doesn't fit the stereotype and lacks the great wisdom strangers expect her to have when they hear of her. Make no mistake, she is very intelligent, witty, and manipulative to her prey. She's also very active for her age, regularly leaving with Xolotl to pursue her next meal. It can be days, sometimes weeks before we see her again. [b]The "young one"[/b] [u]Tumork[/u] (and by extension, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=83146&did=30053728]Lijus[/url]) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30053726] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300538/30053726_350.png[/img] [/url] Tumork is the youngest inmate, being the equivalent of a teenager. He's Dr. Krova's little brother, and like everyone in his family, has some serious problems. He hallucinates frequently and believes the most persistent of them, Lijus, is his twin brother. In truth, Lijus only exists in his mind, but there's no convincing him otherwise. [b]The "friend"[/b] [u]Mortos[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8309596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83096/8309596_350.png[/img] [/url] Not the kind of guy most picture when they think of a mortician, Mortos is kind and seen by most of us as someone akin to an older brother. Even though he works with dead bodies constantly, and seemingly hides in his tent, doing his work, he's usually willing to let anyone join him and hang around. He's a shoulder to cry on and welcoming to the other inmates. [b]The "progenitor" [/b] [u]Kvatyr[/u]... again [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/68988/6898795p.png?mtime=WS9-6AAAJco.png[/img] It's agreed upon by the other founders that she's the primary, original founder. Before the whole issue with Vinten trying to take over and imprisoning Kvatyr, and before we decided that anarchy is the best for us, Kvatyr was informally considered our leader. [b]The "loved one"[/b] [u]Lijus[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30053728] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300538/30053728_350.png[/img] [/url] ... even though he's not real and is a figment of Tumork's imagination. [b]The "traitor"[/b] [u]Velte[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18060758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180608/18060758_350.png[/img] [/url] Daughter of Kvatyr and Vinten (before we figured out his plans), Velte is more like her father than her mother. She's a control freak and wishes the other inmates would listen to her. At this point, most of us don't even bother. There are days we wonder why we haven't kicked her out yet, but other than annoyance, we have no reason to. She hasn't really tried anything, but no one would be surprised if she ever attempted to take over. [b][size=5]Futzing coming soon[/size][/b] [b]... maybe.[/b][/center]
There are a few problems here.
  1. Unlike most, Nowhere Asylum has no hierarchy, no leader, we are dedicated to our anarchic ways.
  2. We don't really have any nesting grounds. We rarely have any hatchlings, and having them running around constantly would cause far more problems than it's worth. Most of us don't care, some actively hate them, are too busy to provide care for anyone beyond our closest companions, or are simply incapable of caring for them.
  3. In short, as we see it, hatchlings serve little purpose. For the above reasons, we don't really care about eggs either and don't dedicate as a group. There's really only one inmate who cares for hatchlings or eggs, and she only bothers with her own eggs or those she has decided to take in. Like most of us, she's also busy most of the time.
  4. Furthermore, we've only ever had one traitor and he's dead. It's kind of hard to betray that which has no rules and only cares to perpetuate the purest form of freedom. Anyone trying to formally bring order is forced out or killed, and everyone is free to leave if they don't like it here.
  5. So instead, here's a bunch of weirdos futzing around because this whole thing doesn't work and would go absolutely nowhere.

The "ancient one"
Kvatyr

6898795_350.png

Kvatyr claims to be the eldest inmate. She is one of our founders and obviously older than most of us. She's become deceptively frail and while her limbs are now failing and she can barely walk, she is still proficient in the air and a fantastic Plague mage. While most would hear "elder" and think of someone wise, Kvatyr doesn't fit the stereotype and lacks the great wisdom strangers expect her to have when they hear of her. Make no mistake, she is very intelligent, witty, and manipulative to her prey. She's also very active for her age, regularly leaving with Xolotl to pursue her next meal. It can be days, sometimes weeks before we see her again.

The "young one"
Tumork (and by extension, Lijus)

30053726_350.png

Tumork is the youngest inmate, being the equivalent of a teenager. He's Dr. Krova's little brother, and like everyone in his family, has some serious problems. He hallucinates frequently and believes the most persistent of them, Lijus, is his twin brother. In truth, Lijus only exists in his mind, but there's no convincing him otherwise.

The "friend"
Mortos

8309596_350.png

Not the kind of guy most picture when they think of a mortician, Mortos is kind and seen by most of us as someone akin to an older brother. Even though he works with dead bodies constantly, and seemingly hides in his tent, doing his work, he's usually willing to let anyone join him and hang around. He's a shoulder to cry on and welcoming to the other inmates.

The "progenitor"
Kvatyr... again

6898795p.png?mtime=WS9-6AAAJco.png

It's agreed upon by the other founders that she's the primary, original founder. Before the whole issue with Vinten trying to take over and imprisoning Kvatyr, and before we decided that anarchy is the best for us, Kvatyr was informally considered our leader.

The "loved one"
Lijus

30053728_350.png

... even though he's not real and is a figment of Tumork's imagination.

The "traitor"
Velte

18060758_350.png

Daughter of Kvatyr and Vinten (before we figured out his plans), Velte is more like her father than her mother. She's a control freak and wishes the other inmates would listen to her. At this point, most of us don't even bother. There are days we wonder why we haven't kicked her out yet, but other than annoyance, we have no reason to. She hasn't really tried anything, but no one would be surprised if she ever attempted to take over.

Futzing coming soon

... maybe.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
Never done this before but I'll give it my best shot...? The Ancient One - ABYSSTHE [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32028479] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/320285/32028479_350.png[/img] [/url] After Kajara's disappearance, she couldn't bear to see Starfall anymore. She shut herself away. And that was her mistake. The Loved One - STARFALL [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33055379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/330554/33055379_350.png[/img] [/url] Starfall is an assassin known as 'the Hunter'. She knows no mercy, and she knows no life outside of what she has now. But long ago, she had someone to turn to. But her heart was slowly corrupted by the darkness that laid inside her, and to protect the one she loved, she ran, and never looked back. The Young One - OPPORTUNITY [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38042046] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380421/38042046_350.png[/img] [/url] Opportunity named himself, for and in honor of his hopes and dreams. For the chance that, maybe, someday...he could bring her home. The Friend - PARADISE [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34420197] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344202/34420197_350.png[/img] [/url] Paradise had never met someone she couldn't heal. Until she met Starfall. The Progenitor - NAIAD [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32157238] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321573/32157238_350.png[/img] [/url] Naiad did everything she could, but she thought it could never be enough. The Traitor - VAMPIRE [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35817398] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/358174/35817398_350.png[/img] [/url] It had been a day like any other. No, there was no such thing. Not for Vampire. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- They said there was no hope of saving her. That I was wasting my time. But I knew that they were wrong. They [i]couldn't[/i] be right. Because I could still feel the pull. The pull that told me she...she, Starfall...she was out there somewhere. There would be time to deal with the traitor later. But now...now was the time. I rose from my seat beside Abyssthe, who had tears in her eyes. "Go, Opportunity." Her voice was soft. "Bring my daughter home." As I flew into the night, my body blending in among the stars, where I knew I belonged, I could feel an empty space beside me. But soon...soon, she would return, the traitor would be killed, and everything would be right. I made my promise to the stars, to the sea below, to the wind where I was born. [i]If there's an opportunity, I take it. [b]This is what I was made for.[/b][/i]
Never done this before but I'll give it my best shot...?

The Ancient One - ABYSSTHE

32028479_350.png

After Kajara's disappearance, she couldn't bear to see Starfall anymore. She shut herself away. And that was her mistake.

The Loved One - STARFALL

33055379_350.png

Starfall is an assassin known as 'the Hunter'. She knows no mercy, and she knows no life outside of what she has now. But long ago, she had someone to turn to. But her heart was slowly corrupted by the darkness that laid inside her, and to protect the one she loved, she ran, and never looked back.

The Young One - OPPORTUNITY

38042046_350.png

Opportunity named himself, for and in honor of his hopes and dreams. For the chance that, maybe, someday...he could bring her home.

The Friend - PARADISE

34420197_350.png

Paradise had never met someone she couldn't heal. Until she met Starfall.

The Progenitor - NAIAD

32157238_350.png

Naiad did everything she could, but she thought it could never be enough.

The Traitor - VAMPIRE

35817398_350.png

It had been a day like any other. No, there was no such thing. Not for Vampire.

They said there was no hope of saving her. That I was wasting my time.

But I knew that they were wrong. They couldn't be right.

Because I could still feel the pull. The pull that told me she...she, Starfall...she was out there somewhere.

There would be time to deal with the traitor later. But now...now was the time.

I rose from my seat beside Abyssthe, who had tears in her eyes. "Go, Opportunity." Her voice was soft. "Bring my daughter home."

As I flew into the night, my body blending in among the stars, where I knew I belonged, I could feel an empty space beside me. But soon...soon, she would return, the traitor would be killed, and everything would be right.

I made my promise to the stars, to the sea below, to the wind where I was born.

If there's an opportunity, I take it.

This is what I was made for.
UbXQ54R.jpg

h001Ndn.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14