Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Seasonal g1 help?
Sooooo I may or may not be looking into a personal quest to get g1 monarchs of each season hatched on the first day of said season. It's nuts I know but hear me out- I haven't *quite* decided to start it yet, but I may have already put together some test outfits....

Not Found
Not Found
Not Found
Not Found

It's in the order I made them. Not sure what compelled me to do that specific order, but oh well. The actual outfits of the dragons would be based on how the dragon turned out to look (I'm not gonna scry any potential dragons I'm not that suicidal), but I figured I'm attempt to do something, at least?

If you've got any suggestions about the current outfits, or wanna take a shot at designing your own set of seasonal royalty outfits, feel free to show em to me!

I'm subscribed
Sooooo I may or may not be looking into a personal quest to get g1 monarchs of each season hatched on the first day of said season. It's nuts I know but hear me out- I haven't *quite* decided to start it yet, but I may have already put together some test outfits....

Not Found
Not Found
Not Found
Not Found

It's in the order I made them. Not sure what compelled me to do that specific order, but oh well. The actual outfits of the dragons would be based on how the dragon turned out to look (I'm not gonna scry any potential dragons I'm not that suicidal), but I figured I'm attempt to do something, at least?

If you've got any suggestions about the current outfits, or wanna take a shot at designing your own set of seasonal royalty outfits, feel free to show em to me!

I'm subscribed
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
@TheGoldDragon This is such a cool project. I love the idea, although the thought of trying to get G1s with the right colors born on the right day (I can't imagine how many eggs that will take...) Best of luck! For the spring outfit, the Poisonous rose thorn stockings and gloves makes it look a bit dark, so I tested out a version where they're swapped for Faerie ones instead, since those are a nice fresh green, and I thought it worked really well: [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=9452,22668,15716,15748,22667,22831,22829,15724,22672&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] Although in the end it'll depend on the dragon's colors, maybe purple will look better. The antlers and crown together on the Autumn one is also really neat, I'd never though of putting those together. Winter looks very nice! I feel like Summer is missing something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe the summer swelter? [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=11226,22837,20851,22838,22840,20856,22842,22841,15724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] Or maybe Butterfly's Kiss? [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=18030,22837,20851,22838,22840,20856,22842,22841,15724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] Or possibly just one of the flowerfalls. --- Anyway, this is really cool, and I think it's gonna look really good in the end! If you're doing hatching threads of the eggs, I'd love to get a ping.
@TheGoldDragon

This is such a cool project. I love the idea, although the thought of trying to get G1s with the right colors born on the right day (I can't imagine how many eggs that will take...) Best of luck!

For the spring outfit, the Poisonous rose thorn stockings and gloves makes it look a bit dark, so I tested out a version where they're swapped for Faerie ones instead, since those are a nice fresh green, and I thought it worked really well:
dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=9452,22668,15716,15748,22667,22831,22829,15724,22672&xt=dressing.png

Although in the end it'll depend on the dragon's colors, maybe purple will look better.

The antlers and crown together on the Autumn one is also really neat, I'd never though of putting those together.

Winter looks very nice!

I feel like Summer is missing something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe the summer swelter?
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=11226,22837,20851,22838,22840,20856,22842,22841,15724&xt=dressing.png

Or maybe Butterfly's Kiss?
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=18030,22837,20851,22838,22840,20856,22842,22841,15724&xt=dressing.png

Or possibly just one of the flowerfalls.

---

Anyway, this is really cool, and I think it's gonna look really good in the end! If you're doing hatching threads of the eggs, I'd love to get a ping.
@Terhothyl

I can't believe I forgot to put summer swelter on the summer outfit. Thanks for reminding me XD

For the spring outfit, I really like the faerie stockings! That specific outfit is actually the one most liable to change, since springtime brings about an abundance of flowers and colors, but I'll toss those on there for now.

Thanks for your thoughts! If I do end up picking up this project, I'll drop you a ping!
@Terhothyl

I can't believe I forgot to put summer swelter on the summer outfit. Thanks for reminding me XD

For the spring outfit, I really like the faerie stockings! That specific outfit is actually the one most liable to change, since springtime brings about an abundance of flowers and colors, but I'll toss those on there for now.

Thanks for your thoughts! If I do end up picking up this project, I'll drop you a ping!
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
I've been thinking about this a bit more, and while I'm probably not gonna start this until I finish up my current gene projects, a little planning couldn't hurt, right? Anyways, as I was thinking about my average monthly income, how much unhatched eggs go for on the AH, and the amount of lair space I could give to what would essentially be at least 4 mass hatchings, I realized something: what eggs am I actually going to hatch?

At first, I thought this would be fairly easy: Nature for spring, Light for summer, Earth for fall, and Ice for winter. But then I realized that buying a lot of one thing in a relatively short amount of time drives up the price, making it harder to obtain, yadayada, so I thought I should go with 2 or 3 eggs a season. Plus, it's just more fun to hatch different kinda of eggs!

When I first organized the flights for each season, it looked something like this:
Spring: Nature, Wind, Arcane
Summer: Light, Fire, Wind
Fall: Earth, Plague, Shadow
Winter: Ice, Water, Lightning

Most of these are pretty self-explanatory, but I'll explain a few that could be considered confusing. Wind is a yellow-ish green, so it can go towards both summer and spring dragons (plus I wanted each to have a nice even 3 elements). Arcane is a bright pink, and is kinda like a flower! Plague eyes match the aesthetic of fall as well as the decay aspect, and the dark colors of autumn is the closest match for Shadow. Water and Lighting are in winter because blue I guess?

Of course, I realized that there's the flight festivals that already align themselves pretty darn well with the seasons, though maybe not perfectly:
Spring: Wind, Water, Nature
Summer: Light, Lightning, Fire
Autumn: Arcane, Plague, Earth
Winter: Ice, Shadow

With this order, though, there's a few problems. First, some of the eye colors go absolutely terribly with the season's colors (I will never accept a pink-eyed Autumn monarch), and winter is stuck with two flights. I can't even borrow from the festival that occurs in December, because it's about nocturnes, which are shadow dragons. Of course, I could always drop a flight (water, lightning, and arcane), but I'm still not certain about the Shadow in Winter thing.

Anyways, which should I go with? Should I stick with 1 flight, should I organize it my own way, or should I go by the flight festivals (and with or without tweaking)?
I've been thinking about this a bit more, and while I'm probably not gonna start this until I finish up my current gene projects, a little planning couldn't hurt, right? Anyways, as I was thinking about my average monthly income, how much unhatched eggs go for on the AH, and the amount of lair space I could give to what would essentially be at least 4 mass hatchings, I realized something: what eggs am I actually going to hatch?

At first, I thought this would be fairly easy: Nature for spring, Light for summer, Earth for fall, and Ice for winter. But then I realized that buying a lot of one thing in a relatively short amount of time drives up the price, making it harder to obtain, yadayada, so I thought I should go with 2 or 3 eggs a season. Plus, it's just more fun to hatch different kinda of eggs!

When I first organized the flights for each season, it looked something like this:
Spring: Nature, Wind, Arcane
Summer: Light, Fire, Wind
Fall: Earth, Plague, Shadow
Winter: Ice, Water, Lightning

Most of these are pretty self-explanatory, but I'll explain a few that could be considered confusing. Wind is a yellow-ish green, so it can go towards both summer and spring dragons (plus I wanted each to have a nice even 3 elements). Arcane is a bright pink, and is kinda like a flower! Plague eyes match the aesthetic of fall as well as the decay aspect, and the dark colors of autumn is the closest match for Shadow. Water and Lighting are in winter because blue I guess?

Of course, I realized that there's the flight festivals that already align themselves pretty darn well with the seasons, though maybe not perfectly:
Spring: Wind, Water, Nature
Summer: Light, Lightning, Fire
Autumn: Arcane, Plague, Earth
Winter: Ice, Shadow

With this order, though, there's a few problems. First, some of the eye colors go absolutely terribly with the season's colors (I will never accept a pink-eyed Autumn monarch), and winter is stuck with two flights. I can't even borrow from the festival that occurs in December, because it's about nocturnes, which are shadow dragons. Of course, I could always drop a flight (water, lightning, and arcane), but I'm still not certain about the Shadow in Winter thing.

Anyways, which should I go with? Should I stick with 1 flight, should I organize it my own way, or should I go by the flight festivals (and with or without tweaking)?
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
Anyone got thoughts?
Anyone got thoughts?
Tumblr | Icon Dragon