Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Moonbeast Subspecies: New Colors & Lore!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32 33
@Friendo

Ah, I understand. I wasn't sure if it was something like that, or if an owner had to actually request to have their Moonbeast registered.

Also, I'm really glad you like the idea! :D I'd been thinking that there really isn't a bad color combo you could get if you had primary and secondary colors from separate categories, then the Mutt idea hit me. :P I also wasn't sure if it should be called Mutt or Mixed Breed, or even just Mixed, since I personally know some people who don't appreciate the term "mutt" and take it as a negative term :/ Idk if that would really be a problem on here, it's just something I'd thought about after my post and then forgot to add it.
@Friendo

Ah, I understand. I wasn't sure if it was something like that, or if an owner had to actually request to have their Moonbeast registered.

Also, I'm really glad you like the idea! :D I'd been thinking that there really isn't a bad color combo you could get if you had primary and secondary colors from separate categories, then the Mutt idea hit me. :P I also wasn't sure if it should be called Mutt or Mixed Breed, or even just Mixed, since I personally know some people who don't appreciate the term "mutt" and take it as a negative term :/ Idk if that would really be a problem on here, it's just something I'd thought about after my post and then forgot to add it.
kQXO8qG.gif 1ezfoMg.png kQXO8qG.gif 1ezfoMg.png kQXO8qG.gif
@Friendo @TopazEmpress maybe call them Skinwalkers or similar? (Shapeshifter is a Canis Lupus variant or I'd suggest that)
@Friendo @TopazEmpress maybe call them Skinwalkers or similar? (Shapeshifter is a Canis Lupus variant or I'd suggest that)
w8o0xW1.png My_half_an_egg_button.png
Updates!
Updates!
General
@AshWolf143 @SugarRose22 @foxpaws @MoonlitCacti @HeroesOfOlympus @MurkyDepths
@Mymozya @Synner @ShadowAtSea @Supremacy @Kota @PastaTea @Kindly @scar66 @SookieJane @Siouxsie @thaumiel @gbot13 @AceCavalier @ShatteringIce @titherdel
@TopazEmpress @Volatus @Croatoan @Copperhead @Ithika @nickadee
Expressed Breeder Interest
@AshWolf143
@Inuka
@Mondschatten
@Raan

Coming to you all with a rather large update today!

• Breeder applications are now being accepted! The details, rules, and application can be found on the sales thread

• I’ve created a more detailed reference guide for breeding and registering. Hopefully this clears up some of the recent confusion about “what can be bred with what” and “what is considered official”. It can be found on this thread and the sales thread.

• a new Mutt “Mixed Breed” Coloration has been added, see Genetics for details. Thanks for the idea TopazEmpress!

• working on a new “Supermoon” Coloration that will be XXX moon, all babies will be born on a full moon.

• 5 moonbeast nests are up, 3 hatch in 2 days!

• take a sec to browse both the subspecies thread and sales thread to see all the new info

• my computer is having issues sooo I’m having trouble finishing the Banners and Badges, hopefully it’ll be fixed soon
General
@Mymozya @Synner @ShadowAtSea @Supremacy @Kota @PastaTea @Kindly @scar66 @SookieJane @Siouxsie @thaumiel @gbot13 @AceCavalier @ShatteringIce @titherdel
@TopazEmpress @Volatus @Croatoan @Copperhead @Ithika @nickadee
Expressed Breeder Interest
@AshWolf143
@Inuka
@Mondschatten
@Raan

Coming to you all with a rather large update today!

• Breeder applications are now being accepted! The details, rules, and application can be found on the sales thread

• I’ve created a more detailed reference guide for breeding and registering. Hopefully this clears up some of the recent confusion about “what can be bred with what” and “what is considered official”. It can be found on this thread and the sales thread.

• a new Mutt “Mixed Breed” Coloration has been added, see Genetics for details. Thanks for the idea TopazEmpress!

• working on a new “Supermoon” Coloration that will be XXX moon, all babies will be born on a full moon.

• 5 moonbeast nests are up, 3 hatch in 2 days!

• take a sec to browse both the subspecies thread and sales thread to see all the new info

• my computer is having issues sooo I’m having trouble finishing the Banners and Badges, hopefully it’ll be fixed soon
@Friendo it would seem i gotta ping ya for this one lol i really like wolf dergs but this is the first time i actually would love to be on the pinglists for them! (General and all the colors)
@Friendo it would seem i gotta ping ya for this one lol i really like wolf dergs but this is the first time i actually would love to be on the pinglists for them! (General and all the colors)
image.giftNwD8Ts.pngimage.gif
@BloodOmega

@BloodOmega

@Friendo Could you please add me to the general pinglist? This is a really cool subspecies :3
@Friendo Could you please add me to the general pinglist? This is a really cool subspecies :3
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
8 new for sale today!
8 new for sale today!
EDIT: scratching the Skydancer idea and very on the fence about Coatls.
But considering including imps!! Same color and gene requirements as the tundras, just referred to as “Alpha Moonbeasts”
General
@Mymozya @Synner @ShadowAtSea @Supremacy @PastaTea @Kindly @scar66 @SookieJane @Siouxsie @thaumiel @gbot13 @AceCavalier @ShatteringIce @titherdel
@TopazEmpress @Volatus @Croatoan @Copperhead @Ithika @nickadee @BloodOmega
@Natakiro

After giving it some thought, I am considering opening up the Subspecies to include Skydancers and Coatls! This is NOT offical yet, I would like to hear your input/ideas first.

Tundras are not the most popular breed, especially females. Skydancers look somewhat canid and Coatls can pull off a big cat beast look. With these breeds in play, people could get any Moonbeast coloration they want on any breed relatively easily through varient breeding. Or to keep a slight challenge, I could change the varient requirements to “Moonbeast mate cannot have a moon tert OR STAINED tert of any kind”.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks always for the support! :3
EDIT: scratching the Skydancer idea and very on the fence about Coatls.
But considering including imps!! Same color and gene requirements as the tundras, just referred to as “Alpha Moonbeasts”
General
@Mymozya @Synner @ShadowAtSea @Supremacy @PastaTea @Kindly @scar66 @SookieJane @Siouxsie @thaumiel @gbot13 @AceCavalier @ShatteringIce @titherdel
@TopazEmpress @Volatus @Croatoan @Copperhead @Ithika @nickadee @BloodOmega
@Natakiro

After giving it some thought, I am considering opening up the Subspecies to include Skydancers and Coatls! This is NOT offical yet, I would like to hear your input/ideas first.

Tundras are not the most popular breed, especially females. Skydancers look somewhat canid and Coatls can pull off a big cat beast look. With these breeds in play, people could get any Moonbeast coloration they want on any breed relatively easily through varient breeding. Or to keep a slight challenge, I could change the varient requirements to “Moonbeast mate cannot have a moon tert OR STAINED tert of any kind”.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks always for the support! :3
@Friendo hmmm... i would consider coatls but not skydancers for these guys. skydancers are a little too bird/serpent looking to really pull off the look for the species. coatls might work, and even though i love them i feel like the apparel would be what gives them the beast look and not everyone really wants to use apparel on their dergs. but i do think that it still might work if you include the coatls more so than the skydancers (those are more meant for the cat look i think). Imperials have a more doggish face, plus a mane to go with it; i feel like they could be used more for breeding variants along with the coatls.
@Friendo hmmm... i would consider coatls but not skydancers for these guys. skydancers are a little too bird/serpent looking to really pull off the look for the species. coatls might work, and even though i love them i feel like the apparel would be what gives them the beast look and not everyone really wants to use apparel on their dergs. but i do think that it still might work if you include the coatls more so than the skydancers (those are more meant for the cat look i think). Imperials have a more doggish face, plus a mane to go with it; i feel like they could be used more for breeding variants along with the coatls.
image.giftNwD8Ts.pngimage.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32 33