Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | The Dawnguard | A Family Tree Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 150 151
@Eclipsea Thanks, that's high praise! I worked hard on the lore and the bio template was really fun to make. I'll definitely ping you about hatchlings. :)
@Eclipsea Thanks, that's high praise! I worked hard on the lore and the bio template was really fun to make. I'll definitely ping you about hatchlings. :)
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwo.pngp4_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvi.png
p2_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvq.pngh5_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkw2.png
h3_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwg.pngh6_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvu.png
@ZenithNadir may I be added to the pinglist please? Looks awesome!!^^
@ZenithNadir may I be added to the pinglist please? Looks awesome!!^^
oie_Wzaa_NFf1v2np.png
@ZenithNadir

The lore for these guys is tragic oh my gosh.
Pinglist me, pinglist me please.
If your pings are anything like NW was, I'd like to be pinged for announcements + contests and all available future offspring.

Maybe if I can't find a CR for my mire flyer in time I'll use one of these *v*

Questions because I always got some:

I understand that a dragon's magic differs depending on the time of day they were born, but does from generation from generation, magic differ in ability/potency? Or is it solely based on time of day?

And this is just for curiosity sake; I wouldn't do this myself, but could one say that an exalted Dawnguard would susceptible to 'forgetting' their nest like their mate?

I love lore based projects, this is fantastic.
@ZenithNadir

The lore for these guys is tragic oh my gosh.
Pinglist me, pinglist me please.
If your pings are anything like NW was, I'd like to be pinged for announcements + contests and all available future offspring.

Maybe if I can't find a CR for my mire flyer in time I'll use one of these *v*

Questions because I always got some:

I understand that a dragon's magic differs depending on the time of day they were born, but does from generation from generation, magic differ in ability/potency? Or is it solely based on time of day?

And this is just for curiosity sake; I wouldn't do this myself, but could one say that an exalted Dawnguard would susceptible to 'forgetting' their nest like their mate?

I love lore based projects, this is fantastic.
b42b30e632d83cf09d973c85176c5cec4d17d865.png x- @RoyalSorceress
x- she/her/they/them
x- FR+2
x- about
x- wishlist
x- icon dragon
@RoyalSorceress That's a really good lore idea! The blood spell protects Dawnguard dragons from forgetting their nests, but there's no reason that there couldn't be extenuating circumstances that would negate that protection... Extra tragic, I love it. ;) Making separate pinglists is a good idea - I'll do that and add you to both! Impception's lair is also going to be putting out Arcane hatchlings by default, so one of those would make a great Mire Flyer.

Their magic doesn't differ in potency based on generation, since in order to be a Dawnguard the blood spell has to be repeated and the non-Dawnguard parent has to "forget" their offspring! So the spell doesn't water down through the generations!

I've debated doing some RNG-related stuff to determine the time of day for the hatchlings and/or what type of magic they would specialize in, but for now the time-of-day stuff will be based on which branch of the family tree they're part of! So my boy Apollon's descendants would be the sunset line, for example.
@RoyalSorceress That's a really good lore idea! The blood spell protects Dawnguard dragons from forgetting their nests, but there's no reason that there couldn't be extenuating circumstances that would negate that protection... Extra tragic, I love it. ;) Making separate pinglists is a good idea - I'll do that and add you to both! Impception's lair is also going to be putting out Arcane hatchlings by default, so one of those would make a great Mire Flyer.

Their magic doesn't differ in potency based on generation, since in order to be a Dawnguard the blood spell has to be repeated and the non-Dawnguard parent has to "forget" their offspring! So the spell doesn't water down through the generations!

I've debated doing some RNG-related stuff to determine the time of day for the hatchlings and/or what type of magic they would specialize in, but for now the time-of-day stuff will be based on which branch of the family tree they're part of! So my boy Apollon's descendants would be the sunset line, for example.
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwo.pngp4_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvi.png
p2_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvq.pngh5_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkw2.png
h3_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwg.pngh6_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvu.png
@ZenithNadir

I want to be on the pinglist for hatchlings~! Please. These color ranges are my weakness >-> Plus.. you know me I have to infect projects with WCs. <3
@ZenithNadir

I want to be on the pinglist for hatchlings~! Please. These color ranges are my weakness >-> Plus.. you know me I have to infect projects with WCs. <3
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@ZenithNadir
Aa this is amazing, please add me to the pinglist!
@ZenithNadir
Aa this is amazing, please add me to the pinglist!
tumblr_nsbymv570v1tcuk4xo1_250.gif
5BsilZ9.png5iXiC8z.pngmlHpBMC.png
@ZenithNadir

I'd be interested in participating! ^^
@ZenithNadir

I'd be interested in participating! ^^
@ZeithNadir :D add me to the hatchling and announcement ping lists please!
@ZeithNadir :D add me to the hatchling and announcement ping lists please!
5fDHL9N.pnge6AfuRh.png kBHm00y.png
T0lT2WO.png
@ZenithNadir

It's nice to think that at least in later generations, most likely the Dawnguard parent would most likely raise their offspring. Poor Apollon and Ithildin only had each other- and possibly their third sibling if the owner of the other sib decides to join the project (fingers crossed!)

Hmm... I like your idea of the RGN based time of day. o: I think you should do it.

Either having the new adopter / 'seller' of the Dawnguard's decide the time of day that the dragon's magic is most potent or have it run in an RGN? Maybe running it through the hours of sunlight in the day (12-8 ish depending on your view) and then the number they get is the hour in the day (ex: 2pm, which would be considered afternoon). Or just run it through 1-?? for; Dawn, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Dusk??
But would the magic's strongest potency last through that 'time of day' (all 'Afternoon') or just at a certain moment, like an hour...

RIP I'm too involved already I'm sorry-
@ZenithNadir

It's nice to think that at least in later generations, most likely the Dawnguard parent would most likely raise their offspring. Poor Apollon and Ithildin only had each other- and possibly their third sibling if the owner of the other sib decides to join the project (fingers crossed!)

Hmm... I like your idea of the RGN based time of day. o: I think you should do it.

Either having the new adopter / 'seller' of the Dawnguard's decide the time of day that the dragon's magic is most potent or have it run in an RGN? Maybe running it through the hours of sunlight in the day (12-8 ish depending on your view) and then the number they get is the hour in the day (ex: 2pm, which would be considered afternoon). Or just run it through 1-?? for; Dawn, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Dusk??
But would the magic's strongest potency last through that 'time of day' (all 'Afternoon') or just at a certain moment, like an hour...

RIP I'm too involved already I'm sorry-
b42b30e632d83cf09d973c85176c5cec4d17d865.png x- @RoyalSorceress
x- she/her/they/them
x- FR+2
x- about
x- wishlist
x- icon dragon
@RoyalSorceress

Should I expect you to be stalking my lair for this project too? hehe
@RoyalSorceress

Should I expect you to be stalking my lair for this project too? hehe
What would you