Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Is the Shade Still Among Us? [Closed]
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33 34
@Azurenight A grim looking Imperial glides his way to Loa. Though his expression is impossible to decipher thanks to the mask he wears, his demeanor appears almost anxious as he begins to speak. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35327558] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353276/35327558_350.png[/img] [/url] "A pleasure to meet you. You may call me Elio. I have much information about the Shade to share if you wish." His words are polite, but toneless and clipped in an almost eerie way. "Where to begin...ah. There is a great city state in Light territory known as Praesta. One of her rulers, Dimas, is thought to be Shade touched. I personally believe he drew on the Shade to gain power and take over the city. Eventually, it drove him to madness, even causing him to create an Emperor dragon." He shifts his great paws nervously. "He...he killed someone close to me and used their body to create the Emperor-one among many he murdered. I wanted revenge. I foolishly thought I could use his own Shade abilities against him, but as I researched I lost myself to It. I caught myself doing things that I never would've done of my own free will-odd rituals, dark magic." The typically stoic Imperial shudders visibly. "Before I fell completely as Dimas had, I sought out help. The Heartsgleam Healers are a group dedicated to fighting the Shade and helping those tortured by it like I am. They saved me. Out of gratitude, I joined them and currently serve as a medic and Shade expert."
@Azurenight

A grim looking Imperial glides his way to Loa. Though his expression is impossible to decipher thanks to the mask he wears, his demeanor appears almost anxious as he begins to speak.

35327558_350.png

"A pleasure to meet you. You may call me Elio. I have much information about the Shade to share if you wish." His words are polite, but toneless and clipped in an almost eerie way. "Where to begin...ah. There is a great city state in Light territory known as Praesta. One of her rulers, Dimas, is thought to be Shade touched. I personally believe he drew on the Shade to gain power and take over the city. Eventually, it drove him to madness, even causing him to create an Emperor dragon." He shifts his great paws nervously.

"He...he killed someone close to me and used their body to create the Emperor-one among many he murdered. I wanted revenge. I foolishly thought I could use his own Shade abilities against him, but as I researched I lost myself to It. I caught myself doing things that I never would've done of my own free will-odd rituals, dark magic." The typically stoic Imperial shudders visibly.

"Before I fell completely as Dimas had, I sought out help. The Heartsgleam Healers are a group dedicated to fighting the Shade and helping those tortured by it like I am. They saved me. Out of gratitude, I joined them and currently serve as a medic and Shade expert."
@Azurenight [i]The snow and wind lashes at your skin as you trudge through the Icefield, legs going numb from the rising blanket of ice. In the distance you spot a mound, and when you examine it more closely, a fire. A cave, you reason, that may be inhabited by unfriendly hosts. Taking the risk, you amble towards it, claws sagging as the numbness consumes your legs, slithering up your thighs. You flop inside, and there you find 3 separate journals, each decorated and worn. One is a sleek, easily transported book that can be bent easily. While the color has faded significantly, it still seems well-cared for. There are no discernible writings on the front. The next is an obnoxious, hard-cover spell book, transformed into a journal. There are many frantic scrawls on the cover, as well as a few holes. The owner seems to have no regard for the book's well-being. The final journal is simply a jumble of papers, all held together by an intricately-weaved spine made of tough vines and brambles that scratch your talons when you touch them. The owner seems studious, but disheveled. You read the brief entries in each book, labelled "Shade", by the fire's warm light. [/i] ------ [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33968178] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/339682/33968178p.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [size=3][color=teal]It is impossible to discern the nature of my clanmates from that of the Shade. We know not if it exists, but the sentiment certainly thrives here. I, of course, do not associate with those beasts, but here I remain, observing their behavior. They care not for one another, only for their personal greed and gain. Such is a trait of the Shade, no?[/columns] ------ [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20080043] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/200801/20080043p.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [size=3][color=orange]The Shade, eh? I want to think that those big deities blasted that nasty stuff away ages ago. Sure, the intellectuals believe in it, but they've been wrong before! I'm firm in my disbelief in the Shade. Just 'cause we're greedy doesn't mean the Shade is around us. Hell to you and your smart words, Pelagio![/columns] ------- [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20715493] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/207155/20715493p.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [size=3][color=brown]Do not disbelieve the words that I am soon to say. Me, Naomi, have come to touch the Shade and its designs. Scary thing is it, the hidden darkness in such beasts, filled with hate are they. They scratch at my throat back then, and their slick fingers pull at my brain even now. Centauri, the fool, can not stop his distrust of me. Soon, it consume him too.[/columns] -------
@Azurenight

The snow and wind lashes at your skin as you trudge through the Icefield, legs going numb from the rising blanket of ice. In the distance you spot a mound, and when you examine it more closely, a fire. A cave, you reason, that may be inhabited by unfriendly hosts. Taking the risk, you amble towards it, claws sagging as the numbness consumes your legs, slithering up your thighs. You flop inside, and there you find 3 separate journals, each decorated and worn.

One is a sleek, easily transported book that can be bent easily. While the color has faded significantly, it still seems well-cared for. There are no discernible writings on the front. The next is an obnoxious, hard-cover spell book, transformed into a journal. There are many frantic scrawls on the cover, as well as a few holes. The owner seems to have no regard for the book's well-being. The final journal is simply a jumble of papers, all held together by an intricately-weaved spine made of tough vines and brambles that scratch your talons when you touch them. The owner seems studious, but disheveled. You read the brief entries in each book, labelled "Shade", by the fire's warm light.

33968178p.png

It is impossible to discern the nature of my clanmates from that of the Shade. We know not if it exists, but the sentiment certainly thrives here. I, of course, do not associate with those beasts, but here I remain, observing their behavior. They care not for one another, only for their personal greed and gain. Such is a trait of the Shade, no?

20080043p.png

The Shade, eh? I want to think that those big deities blasted that nasty stuff away ages ago. Sure, the intellectuals believe in it, but they've been wrong before! I'm firm in my disbelief in the Shade. Just 'cause we're greedy doesn't mean the Shade is around us. Hell to you and your smart words, Pelagio!

20715493p.png

Do not disbelieve the words that I am soon to say. Me, Naomi, have come to touch the Shade and its designs. Scary thing is it, the hidden darkness in such beasts, filled with hate are they. They scratch at my throat back then, and their slick fingers pull at my brain even now. Centauri, the fool, can not stop his distrust of me. Soon, it consume him too.

tumblr_oqb77mzwgv1tes27xo1_250.png
@AbyssalAnathema Loa carefully tapped at the images provided by the Imperial. For a moment she switched her attention back to her guest's unnerving eyes. The look behind those eyes-- how they would rapidly switched between reality and the void-- it was as if she was was there, yet really wasn't. ----- [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol]"It most certainly sounds like your leader is influenced by the Shade," [i]she said. Her attention switched back to the picture where her claw gently tapped the image of her shadow.[/i]. "This though, this I've not seen before. How did he-- it?-- come into existence?"[/columns] -------- The many notes her mate maintained were the next object of her interest. There were several parallels she noticed about such Shade with attachments, but none of the other stories actual had a fragment manifesting in such a way. Was it Shade? Frustration got to her and she looked away from Dash's data. That's when she turned her attention to the Greater Horror underneath the image of the leader. Now this she was very familiar with. ------- [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol]"Now this," [i]she said, pointing out the mirror. [/i]. "This I know. Greater Horrors are absolutely fascinating! I've not heard of one that takes that sort of body in it's true form though. Most are compared to a loose meshing of dark noodles. This and she has remarkable control over her ability. Most seem to have trouble reeling it in, or is it the will power to reel it in. Either way, how is she able to sustain herself without feeding on your clan? I've also heard that just being around a Greater Horror can summon the phobia on a drake. Have you noticed anything like that?"[/columns] -------- Loa paused long enough to fill her empty lungs and to moisten her mouth. In the process of that she shifted the pictures of the two from the temple. They were another mystery. ----- [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol]"As for these two, how can you be certain they are Shade touched and not just--" [i]Loa cleared her throat as she deliberated on the right words she wished to use. [/i]. [i]Um?[/i] "Touched and creepy?" [i]She was mostly certain that was not the right way to put that[/i].[/columns] -------- [i]I am so very sorry it took so long to respond. There were things-- then RL-- then more things-- and UGH! Time escaped me I'm afraid =(. I was enthralled by your drakes lore. It's deep and meshes together so thoroughly you almost forget you are reading separate dragons (especially in the case of the clan leader and her shadow). They were well written and very engaging and if you don't mind I would very much like to add you to my reading list.[/i] =)
@AbyssalAnathema

Loa carefully tapped at the images provided by the Imperial. For a moment she switched her attention back to her guest's unnerving eyes. The look behind those eyes-- how they would rapidly switched between reality and the void-- it was as if she was was there, yet really wasn't.
22173991p.png "It most certainly sounds like your leader is influenced by the Shade," she said. Her attention switched back to the picture where her claw gently tapped the image of her shadow.. "This though, this I've not seen before. How did he-- it?-- come into existence?"

The many notes her mate maintained were the next object of her interest. There were several parallels she noticed about such Shade with attachments, but none of the other stories actual had a fragment manifesting in such a way. Was it Shade? Frustration got to her and she looked away from Dash's data. That's when she turned her attention to the Greater Horror underneath the image of the leader. Now this she was very familiar with.
22173991p.png "Now this," she said, pointing out the mirror. . "This I know. Greater Horrors are absolutely fascinating! I've not heard of one that takes that sort of body in it's true form though. Most are compared to a loose meshing of dark noodles. This and she has remarkable control over her ability. Most seem to have trouble reeling it in, or is it the will power to reel it in. Either way, how is she able to sustain herself without feeding on your clan? I've also heard that just being around a Greater Horror can summon the phobia on a drake. Have you noticed anything like that?"

Loa paused long enough to fill her empty lungs and to moisten her mouth. In the process of that she shifted the pictures of the two from the temple. They were another mystery.
22173991p.png "As for these two, how can you be certain they are Shade touched and not just--" Loa cleared her throat as she deliberated on the right words she wished to use. . Um? "Touched and creepy?" She was mostly certain that was not the right way to put that.

I am so very sorry it took so long to respond. There were things-- then RL-- then more things-- and UGH! Time escaped me I'm afraid =(.
I was enthralled by your drakes lore. It's deep and meshes together so thoroughly you almost forget you are reading separate dragons (especially in the case of the clan leader and her shadow). They were well written and very engaging and if you don't mind I would very much like to add you to my reading list.
=)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Trekkie

Of course =) I look forward to reading your entry if you still wish to post =)
@Trekkie

Of course =) I look forward to reading your entry if you still wish to post =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@ClanHeartsgleam Dumbstruck doesn't begin to explain how Loa felt upon hearing Elio's story. She had heard of others botched attempts of creating one of those monstrosities; it was a common horror story in the magical community. As of yet, however, she had never heard of a successful attempt. ----- [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol]"He [i]made[/i] an Emperor?" [i]she asked, before shifting around to riffle through Dash's notes on other attempts with the same insane magic. Only this one seems to have worked.[/i] "And he succeeded?"[/columns] -------- The stun from learning such a dragon possesses the ability was difficult for her to shake off. She managed it, which brought her mind to the possibility of being able to combat it. Though, knowing the process almost consumed another made her hesitate to ask. It would be her overwhelming need to know that bested her desire to be thoughtful of the poor Imperial that went through hell to bring them this information. ------- [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol]"I hesitate to ask this," [i]she said, [/i] "but can you give us anything from your study that might help to combat this threat? Though I would only ask of you what you are comfortable with sharing."[/columns] -------- [i]I am so very sorry it took so long to respond. I have really got to stop doing that =(. I'm sure I told you this during the Fire Festival, but I'll say it again. Awesome lore! Elio is very deep and very haunting, I really enjoyed reading about him and everyone involved in his lore. Thank you so much for sharing[/i] =)
@ClanHeartsgleam

Dumbstruck doesn't begin to explain how Loa felt upon hearing Elio's story. She had heard of others botched attempts of creating one of those monstrosities; it was a common horror story in the magical community. As of yet, however, she had never heard of a successful attempt.
22173991p.png "He made an Emperor?" she asked, before shifting around to riffle through Dash's notes on other attempts with the same insane magic. Only this one seems to have worked. "And he succeeded?"

The stun from learning such a dragon possesses the ability was difficult for her to shake off. She managed it, which brought her mind to the possibility of being able to combat it. Though, knowing the process almost consumed another made her hesitate to ask. It would be her overwhelming need to know that bested her desire to be thoughtful of the poor Imperial that went through hell to bring them this information.
22173991p.png "I hesitate to ask this," she said, "but can you give us anything from your study that might help to combat this threat? Though I would only ask of you what you are comfortable with sharing."

I am so very sorry it took so long to respond. I have really got to stop doing that =(.
I'm sure I told you this during the Fire Festival, but I'll say it again. Awesome lore! Elio is very deep and very haunting, I really enjoyed reading about him and everyone involved in his lore. Thank you so much for sharing
=)
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Josuuke The guest to the cave read each journal as he rested by the fire, melting the ice and snow that formed crystals in his fur. He had come quite a ways to find these after another note suggested he come here. The message had diverted him back out only hours away from home. Thankfully, he was able to sneak away from his guardian and traverse large distances via portal. Still, getting to this exact location wasn't easy. He withdrew the message from his pocket to give a quick read. Other then the coordinates to find the journals it bore only the words: [i]Insight of the Blizzard[/i]. What that meant he didn't know. He was going to have to find out though, because the journals left him with more questions then answers. What were the writers indicating, especially the one named Naomi? There was only one solution and being as he had time to wait as he dried he opted to begin his letter in the hope it would reach the sender. He was dry well before he could finish conveying his curiosities to written word. With tender, and only slightly trembling, fingers he tucked both messages back into his cloak, He would send it off as soon as he reached the little town he last stopped in. ------- [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/225196/22519552p.png[/img][nextcol]"Well, off away home then," [i]he whispered into the howling wind. Shortly after it was off he cringed, hoping beyond hope that his matriarch didn't catch his little confession of misbehavior.[/i] [/columns] ------- [center][i]A few weeks later a letter arrives at Josuuke's Clan and hopefully lands in Naomi's possession. He having been carefully selected to receive it. It read[/i]:[/center] [font=lucida handwriting]Salutations, My name is Dash and recently I received a suggestion to review a few journals, presumably, from members of your clan. I did have questions if you are willing to answer. First, can you explain how the Shade will consume the one you named as Centauri and how did you come across it? Are you Shadetouched? How do you control it? Also, what of the others in your clan that deny the existence of the Shade? They are the first to openly deny it, yet it was hinted at that they perhaps might indeed be touched as well. Please let me know. I will be eagerly awaiting your response.[/font] [right][font=lucida handwriting]Sincerely, Librarian Dash of Clan Azurenight[/font][/right] -------- [i]Thank you for sharing your lore, it's amazing. I really enjoyed reading it! Also, sorry for the delay in response. I apparently have a really bad habit of hemhawing =(. [/i]
@Josuuke

The guest to the cave read each journal as he rested by the fire, melting the ice and snow that formed crystals in his fur. He had come quite a ways to find these after another note suggested he come here. The message had diverted him back out only hours away from home. Thankfully, he was able to sneak away from his guardian and traverse large distances via portal. Still, getting to this exact location wasn't easy.

He withdrew the message from his pocket to give a quick read. Other then the coordinates to find the journals it bore only the words: Insight of the Blizzard. What that meant he didn't know. He was going to have to find out though, because the journals left him with more questions then answers. What were the writers indicating, especially the one named Naomi? There was only one solution and being as he had time to wait as he dried he opted to begin his letter in the hope it would reach the sender.

He was dry well before he could finish conveying his curiosities to written word. With tender, and only slightly trembling, fingers he tucked both messages back into his cloak, He would send it off as soon as he reached the little town he last stopped in.
22519552p.png "Well, off away home then," he whispered into the howling wind. Shortly after it was off he cringed, hoping beyond hope that his matriarch didn't catch his little confession of misbehavior.

A few weeks later a letter arrives at Josuuke's Clan and hopefully lands in Naomi's possession. He having been carefully selected to receive it. It read:

Salutations,
My name is Dash and recently I received a suggestion to review a few journals, presumably, from members of your clan. I did have questions if you are willing to answer. First, can you explain how the Shade will consume the one you named as Centauri and how did you come across it? Are you Shadetouched? How do you control it? Also, what of the others in your clan that deny the existence of the Shade? They are the first to openly deny it, yet it was hinted at that they perhaps might indeed be touched as well. Please let me know. I will be eagerly awaiting your response.

Sincerely,
Librarian Dash
of Clan Azurenight

Thank you for sharing your lore, it's amazing. I really enjoyed reading it! Also, sorry for the delay in response. I apparently have a really bad habit of hemhawing =(.
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31983153] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/319832/31983153p.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol]"[color=green]Naomi![/color]" An airy voice called, accompanied by a knock. The Skydancer looked up from the tome he was studying, and with a soft pattering of claws the door was open, revealing a peculiar cyan Nocturne. The dragon handed him a neatly folded package, topped with a seal of scarlet wax; he accepted it with cautious claws. "[color=green]It's from clan Azurenight, a small Wind Clan in th-[/color]" Before he could finish Naomi slammed the door, taking the letter to his desk. He nestled in his favorite seat, a round, hollow log filled with cushions, and began to read.[/columns] "[COLOR=BROWN]Pelagio.[/color]" The Spiral peered into Naomi's room as he was called, finding the Skydancer bundled in his log. "[color=brown]The notes of ours, they have been discovered, dear Spiral.[/color]" Pelagio read the note over his shoulder, and with a shrug, he tossed a quill towards Naomi. "[color=teal]Write them back.[/color]" [i]Clan Azurenight later received a peculiar letter, about 2 days later, addressed to Dash. It was written in a familiar handwriting, that of Pelagio.[/i] ----- [font=times new roman]"[i]Please note that this was written by Pelagio, while the words spoken were Naomi's. His gibberish occasionally requires a translator... I am pleased to see that our notes have been found by somebody. I'm not sure who would've told you of these notes, but I am grateful nonetheless. Centauri, he is brash and foolish, he knows not of the Shade. He has consumed the propaganda spewed by our clan leader so much that it has consumed him. His regular deeds are sinful, blasphemous, and a beacon to that which we consider the Shade; perhaps my own inner dealings with the Shade are influencing him. I encountered it by chance in an old battleground, tucked away within the Icefield. It caressed me with sin, and despite my battle and eventual victory over it, the darkness still lingers in my brain. It left a residue in my being that I cannot cleanse; may the Icewarden save me. If that is what you consider Shadetouched, then yes, I am- but I do not gain the legendary powers of it. The fools that deny it's existence must be fighting the same war, they must be tuning into the toxic words of it. They are of the same hide and blood, but they are not me or Pelagio, they are wearing the skin of comrades. They are so lost in that beautiful illusion that they cannot feel their own talons warping to benefit the evil. While it may not take physical form, it is carried on oily black wings of greed and lust; it is an idea. Please, dear Dash, save our dealings, for they are erasing the very existence of the Shade in our clan, they are welcoming it subtly and infecting the others. [size=4][right]Thank you for your kindness and time, [color=teal]Researcher Pelagio[/color] and [color=brown]Alchemist Naomi[/color] Insight of the Blizzard ------- [color=teal][size=3]{[Thank you! Your response was lovely, and your lore is even better! No need to apologize ^^ @Azurenight

31983153p.png
"Naomi!" An airy voice called, accompanied by a knock. The Skydancer looked up from the tome he was studying, and with a soft pattering of claws the door was open, revealing a peculiar cyan Nocturne. The dragon handed him a neatly folded package, topped with a seal of scarlet wax; he accepted it with cautious claws. "It's from clan Azurenight, a small Wind Clan in th-" Before he could finish Naomi slammed the door, taking the letter to his desk. He nestled in his favorite seat, a round, hollow log filled with cushions, and began to read.

"Pelagio." The Spiral peered into Naomi's room as he was called, finding the Skydancer bundled in his log. "The notes of ours, they have been discovered, dear Spiral." Pelagio read the note over his shoulder, and with a shrug, he tossed a quill towards Naomi. "Write them back."

Clan Azurenight later received a peculiar letter, about 2 days later, addressed to Dash. It
was written in a familiar handwriting, that of Pelagio.

"Please note that this was written by Pelagio, while the words spoken were Naomi's. His gibberish occasionally requires a translator...
I am pleased to see that our notes have been found by somebody. I'm not sure who would've told you of these notes, but I am grateful nonetheless. Centauri, he is brash and foolish, he knows not of the Shade. He has consumed the propaganda spewed by our clan leader so much that it has consumed him. His regular deeds are sinful, blasphemous, and a beacon to that which we consider the Shade; perhaps my own inner dealings with the Shade are influencing him.

I encountered it by chance in an old battleground, tucked away within the Icefield. It caressed me with sin, and despite my battle and eventual victory over it, the darkness still lingers in my brain. It left a residue in my being that I cannot cleanse; may the Icewarden save me. If that is what you consider Shadetouched, then yes, I am- but I do not gain the legendary powers of it. The fools that deny it's existence must be fighting the same war, they must be tuning into the toxic words of it. They are of the same hide and blood, but they are not me or Pelagio, they are wearing the skin of comrades. They are so lost in that beautiful illusion that they cannot feel their own talons warping to benefit the evil. While it may not take physical form, it is carried on oily black wings of greed and lust; it is an idea. Please, dear Dash, save our dealings, for they are erasing the very existence of the Shade in our clan, they are welcoming it subtly and infecting the others.

Thank you for your kindness and time,
Researcher Pelagio and Alchemist Naomi
Insight of the Blizzard

{[Thank you! Your response was lovely, and your lore is even better! No need to apologize ^^ @Azurenight
tumblr_oqb77mzwgv1tes27xo1_250.png
@Azureknight Zawarudo [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20565651] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/205657/20565651_350.png[/img] [/url] "Of all my years of exploring before I joined Storm Clan, no one has ever once mentioned the Shade outside of stories of how the great Dragon Gods defeated it and created the World Pillar to defend our world many years before the creation of the clans. My clan are honestly more focused on a more, how you say, down to earth threat in our enemy Nightshade. My clan don't have a real librarian as some would consider us more of a war-mongering clan as we protect Sornieth in our own way. I shall keep a close eye out though!"
@Azureknight

Zawarudo

20565651_350.png

"Of all my years of exploring before I joined Storm Clan, no one has ever once mentioned the Shade outside of stories of how the great Dragon Gods defeated it and created the World Pillar to defend our world many years before the creation of the clans. My clan are honestly more focused on a more, how you say, down to earth threat in our enemy Nightshade. My clan don't have a real librarian as some would consider us more of a war-mongering clan as we protect Sornieth in our own way. I shall keep a close eye out though!"
Friendly Buizel weirdo, evil scientist enthusiast, avid writer of fanfiction and Sonic RPs

Of the Fire Flight's legendary Storm Clan
Lore Thread and Short story thread
lhaSiSV.png
@slugslinger The name Nightshade Loa had heard before. Though it took her a moment to recall the reference she did remember a traveler some years back making mention of a dragon named Nightshade. At the time she just considered the tales to be that of a tyrant hell bent on the oppression of their world. Now, as she drew a correlation between the described behaviors and what she knows of Shade possession, she wasn't so sure he was a simple mad drake. ----- [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/221740/22173991p.png[/img][nextcol]"I have to admit," [i]she said with a gentle tone[/i]. "It is refreshing to meet with someone that doesn't have personal experience with the Shade. I was honestly starting to think our Clan was the only one." [i]Loa jotted down what the Nocturne described before she brought her eyes to meet his.[/i] "I do have a question about this Nightshade though. What can you tell me about them?"[/columns] -------- [i]He's a beautiful drake and I love the lore! And I just updated the Arcane Wyrm Lore achievement with one without the spelling error if you'd like to change it. [/i] =)
@slugslinger

The name Nightshade Loa had heard before. Though it took her a moment to recall the reference she did remember a traveler some years back making mention of a dragon named Nightshade. At the time she just considered the tales to be that of a tyrant hell bent on the oppression of their world. Now, as she drew a correlation between the described behaviors and what she knows of Shade possession, she wasn't so sure he was a simple mad drake.
22173991p.png "I have to admit," she said with a gentle tone. "It is refreshing to meet with someone that doesn't have personal experience with the Shade. I was honestly starting to think our Clan was the only one." Loa jotted down what the Nocturne described before she brought her eyes to meet his. "I do have a question about this Nightshade though. What can you tell me about them?"

He's a beautiful drake and I love the lore! And I just updated the Arcane Wyrm Lore achievement with one without the spelling error if you'd like to change it. =)
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azureknight "To say the least, he's a very brutish fellow. My leader Barrett knows him on a more personal level, but he couldn't come." *clears throat* "Anyway, a while after it happened, the tale of Nightshade is that he was born to a Ridgeback and his Mirror mate, and was the only Ridgeback of five children. As such he was viciously bullied, and finally snapped, slashing one of his siblings over the eye. This led to his mother and siblings leaving, and him being alone with the Fire Guardian Barrett, who would soon become the leader of Storm Clan. When a strange phenomenon called the Arcane Plague swept through the Scarred Wasteland, and Nightshade fell ill. He was one of the worst cases known, and it changed him. Many chock it up to simple madness, some fear other forces are at play. Either way, he's still very dangerous and...convincing to some." *shudders* (what he looks like) [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=11&breed=5&element=2&gender=0&tert=62&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=132&auth=818488c1c7457eedae761f917bf0797e7fc4d78c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Poison/Toxin/Underbelly Blood/Cerise/Red
@Azureknight

"To say the least, he's a very brutish fellow. My leader Barrett knows him on a more personal level, but he couldn't come." *clears throat* "Anyway, a while after it happened, the tale of Nightshade is that he was born to a Ridgeback and his Mirror mate, and was the only Ridgeback of five children. As such he was viciously bullied, and finally snapped, slashing one of his siblings over the eye. This led to his mother and siblings leaving, and him being alone with the Fire Guardian Barrett, who would soon become the leader of Storm Clan. When a strange phenomenon called the Arcane Plague swept through the Scarred Wasteland, and Nightshade fell ill. He was one of the worst cases known, and it changed him. Many chock it up to simple madness, some fear other forces are at play. Either way, he's still very dangerous and...convincing to some." *shudders*

(what he looks like)
dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=11&breed=5&element=2&gender=0&tert=62&tertgene=5&winggene=12&wings=132&auth=818488c1c7457eedae761f917bf0797e7fc4d78c&dummyext=prev.png
Poison/Toxin/Underbelly
Blood/Cerise/Red
Friendly Buizel weirdo, evil scientist enthusiast, avid writer of fanfiction and Sonic RPs

Of the Fire Flight's legendary Storm Clan
Lore Thread and Short story thread
lhaSiSV.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33 34