Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Copper Cave Dragon Subspecies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 250 251
@cryingcucumber sure! I don't see why you couldn't get as specific as you want! :D Just let me know what you're looking for and I'll add you to the list that way so you don't get pinged for absolutely everything. :D

@smeen @scar66 have added you both to the pinglist, thanks!
@cryingcucumber sure! I don't see why you couldn't get as specific as you want! :D Just let me know what you're looking for and I'll add you to the list that way so you don't get pinged for absolutely everything. :D

@smeen @scar66 have added you both to the pinglist, thanks!
guardian_fae.png
-screams- I love them!!

Could you put me on the pinglist please, @flyingenfield?
-screams- I love them!!

Could you put me on the pinglist please, @flyingenfield?
You're all gems
@josi Chaika is the very picture of a Copper Cave Dragon! Do you want me to add her to the "registered" list? I don't know if that's even a thing people care about. :D Clove's secondary is unfortunately outside the acceptable range, too blue, but I bet the two of them together will produce some more nice cave dragons for you. :) I had a few breeders that were too green that I crossed with mine that are too blue and have had a pretty good ratio of hits in that sort of aqua/turquoise sweet spot. :D (BTW I love Chaika in that copper armor, the colors are so perfect!) Very happy to add you as a breeder, do you want me to just wait until Clove is finished if you're not going to breed them until then?

@DarkAlliGator ooooh I might take you up on that! I had a female Skydancer I just gened to a Bogsneak (goodbye, sweet gems, I enjoyed you while you were mine :D) and will need to buy or borrow a mate for her. Would definitely need to have him gened first though so all the babies wouldn't end up basics... I'd hate to have to gene them after the fact, too. ;D
@josi Chaika is the very picture of a Copper Cave Dragon! Do you want me to add her to the "registered" list? I don't know if that's even a thing people care about. :D Clove's secondary is unfortunately outside the acceptable range, too blue, but I bet the two of them together will produce some more nice cave dragons for you. :) I had a few breeders that were too green that I crossed with mine that are too blue and have had a pretty good ratio of hits in that sort of aqua/turquoise sweet spot. :D (BTW I love Chaika in that copper armor, the colors are so perfect!) Very happy to add you as a breeder, do you want me to just wait until Clove is finished if you're not going to breed them until then?

@DarkAlliGator ooooh I might take you up on that! I had a female Skydancer I just gened to a Bogsneak (goodbye, sweet gems, I enjoyed you while you were mine :D) and will need to buy or borrow a mate for her. Would definitely need to have him gened first though so all the babies wouldn't end up basics... I'd hate to have to gene them after the fact, too. ;D
guardian_fae.png
@treesponge of course! I have at least one more nest hatching soon so keep an eye out for a ping in the next week or so! :)
@treesponge of course! I have at least one more nest hatching soon so keep an eye out for a ping in the next week or so! :)
guardian_fae.png
@flyingenfield Love these, can I join the ping list? EDIT: Also was wondering if this would work? The secondary doesn't meet the requirements listed, but the copper color with the Current gene gives it that steely blue-grey accent that's also found on the copper Skink variation. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=15&breed=9&element=1&gender=1&tert=166&tertgene=4&winggene=6&wings=94&auth=8ee827afcc1fe608dd6a34609126bc3eec4cf5e3&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@flyingenfield Love these, can I join the ping list?

EDIT:

Also was wondering if this would work? The secondary doesn't meet the requirements listed, but the copper color with the Current gene gives it that steely blue-grey accent that's also found on the copper Skink variation.

dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=15&breed=9&element=1&gender=1&tert=166&tertgene=4&winggene=6&wings=94&auth=8ee827afcc1fe608dd6a34609126bc3eec4cf5e3&dummyext=prev.png
snapper_button2.png
@Tragedy sure, added you to the pinglist!

Oooh your dragon is so beautiful! I was considering breeding for an alternate coloration where the secondary and/or tertiary could also be in the Copper range (like also auburn and other close colors), but I didn't think anybody would like them so I abandoned it. :D We could definitely establish a second coloration like that though if you're interested, I could just add it to the subspecies standard. Like could basically give the option for the primary to be copper and the secondary and tertiary both you get to choose whether you want to do the aqua range of colors of the copper range of colors. I'll have to run some ideas through the scrying workshop to see what comes out right, but if you or others are interested in that I'd be totally down, too. Your dragon is a superb example of how freaking awesome that could be.
@Tragedy sure, added you to the pinglist!

Oooh your dragon is so beautiful! I was considering breeding for an alternate coloration where the secondary and/or tertiary could also be in the Copper range (like also auburn and other close colors), but I didn't think anybody would like them so I abandoned it. :D We could definitely establish a second coloration like that though if you're interested, I could just add it to the subspecies standard. Like could basically give the option for the primary to be copper and the secondary and tertiary both you get to choose whether you want to do the aqua range of colors of the copper range of colors. I'll have to run some ideas through the scrying workshop to see what comes out right, but if you or others are interested in that I'd be totally down, too. Your dragon is a superb example of how freaking awesome that could be.
guardian_fae.png
@Tragedy I scryed some different color options and GOSH SAKES there are some amazing possibilities with a Copper secondary, I don't know why I didn't look at that more before. :D I produced some Copper-range primary/secondary dragons when I started experimenting with breeding these, but I didn't get into the genes that really make those aqua colored highlights pop out, so I had no idea how great the possibilities were. ;D Your dragon would definitely qualify under the new standard though, if you want to grab the banner or be added to the registered list or anything. I'm also going to produce some more graphics when I get time if you're interested in that.

For anybody who's interested: I've expanded the breed definition a little bit today, to allow a couple notches more of color on the secondaries (and the addition of Copper), and hopefully some more guidance on the tertiaries. I'm also going to update with some ideas on what sort of dragons could be produced within this subspecies, to add to the post later on when I have more time. Thankfully it's just a few minutes to downtime and rollover so I'm gonna go to bed for now. :D
@Tragedy I scryed some different color options and GOSH SAKES there are some amazing possibilities with a Copper secondary, I don't know why I didn't look at that more before. :D I produced some Copper-range primary/secondary dragons when I started experimenting with breeding these, but I didn't get into the genes that really make those aqua colored highlights pop out, so I had no idea how great the possibilities were. ;D Your dragon would definitely qualify under the new standard though, if you want to grab the banner or be added to the registered list or anything. I'm also going to produce some more graphics when I get time if you're interested in that.

For anybody who's interested: I've expanded the breed definition a little bit today, to allow a couple notches more of color on the secondaries (and the addition of Copper), and hopefully some more guidance on the tertiaries. I'm also going to update with some ideas on what sort of dragons could be produced within this subspecies, to add to the post later on when I have more time. Thankfully it's just a few minutes to downtime and rollover so I'm gonna go to bed for now. :D
guardian_fae.png
@flyingenfield Awesome! I just need to regene her primary to Skink and then I'll let you know when she is complete. ^_^
@flyingenfield Awesome! I just need to regene her primary to Skink and then I'll let you know when she is complete. ^_^
snapper_button2.png
@flyingenfield sure it would be neat to have Chaika on the registered list! go ahead and add me to breeders, i hopefully will get my Clove goal done by their next RTB day :)
@flyingenfield sure it would be neat to have Chaika on the registered list! go ahead and add me to breeders, i hopefully will get my Clove goal done by their next RTB day :)
let's sail away
like a photograph
fading to all white
its finally all right
@flyingenfield Cool, we can sort something out ^^

It's probably gonna be a while until he's fully gened, though, even if he is next on my geneing list because I'm giving him crystal as a primary (RIP my wallet). Also he's gonna be getting saturn as his secondary, so some of the hatchlings might end up with that instead of daub... but I think daub is more common, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue!

Should I just send you a message or something once he's gened up and RTB? :)
@flyingenfield Cool, we can sort something out ^^

It's probably gonna be a while until he's fully gened, though, even if he is next on my geneing list because I'm giving him crystal as a primary (RIP my wallet). Also he's gonna be getting saturn as his secondary, so some of the hatchlings might end up with that instead of daub... but I think daub is more common, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue!

Should I just send you a message or something once he's gened up and RTB? :)
Check out my lazy excuse of a hatchery!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 250 251