Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] - Riparians Public Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@Genevra Oh, I understood! My phrasing was just not the best wrt saturn, sorry. I do think it makes sense to include those blues if it would prevent the ranges from breaking up, I hadn't thought about the range issue tbh!
@Genevra Oh, I understood! My phrasing was just not the best wrt saturn, sorry. I do think it makes sense to include those blues if it would prevent the ranges from breaking up, I hadn't thought about the range issue tbh!
@Genevra
Even though I like the new ideas, I'll always prefer Iridescent or Speckle as primary genes with Aqua Toxin. The other genes and colors are fitting as well and it's a clever way of including the colors in between the "true" blues. On the other hand, I think the concept might be less clear that way. The former Riparians totally look like camouflaged water dragons but I didn't get what the red colors are supposed to look like until I read the text. I like the concept now, but I also feel like three colors are a bit much. Thanks for the ping. :)
@Genevra
Even though I like the new ideas, I'll always prefer Iridescent or Speckle as primary genes with Aqua Toxin. The other genes and colors are fitting as well and it's a clever way of including the colors in between the "true" blues. On the other hand, I think the concept might be less clear that way. The former Riparians totally look like camouflaged water dragons but I didn't get what the red colors are supposed to look like until I read the text. I like the concept now, but I also feel like three colors are a bit much. Thanks for the ping. :)
@Apfelgriebs
Yeah, I know it might muddy the waters, so to speak. The "classic" Riparian will always be green range/true blues/green range. However, I don't think it would come up too terribly often. I think most people with pairs have a tight range on blues, and so any that make it out into the general population are likely to be true blues. My pairs are all teal-teal or aqua-aqua.

I'm wondering though, what you mean by "three colors"? Do you mean the yellow/red on the wings that the other blues bring? Or do you mean the brown primary? The brown primary has always been there, but I might be the only one who has any browns. They aren't exactly common!

It sounds like you're unhappy with the variety of primary genes. I left it pretty open on purpose, because the secondary and tertiary are strictly one gene. And yes, saturn is not going to be an option for secondary any longer. That was a bad decision! It has to toxin. It just won't be right otherwise.

So, are there any currently allowed primary genes you really dislike? If no breeders are using them, I might look at removing them from the breed standard. The listed breed standard doesn't reflect any of my proposed changes, since those are still up for debate, so that would be where to look for things you dislike.

Anyway, are there any other problems anyone has with any current genes/colors/lore?

I will probably go ahead with expanding the blue range. I'm sorry if this doesn't sit quite right, but in order to keep Riparians with a slightly wrong blue from being trash, I think it's the right thing to do. They can be a slightly off variant and still have a job patrolling the waterways. Even if they're part-timers ;)
@Apfelgriebs
Yeah, I know it might muddy the waters, so to speak. The "classic" Riparian will always be green range/true blues/green range. However, I don't think it would come up too terribly often. I think most people with pairs have a tight range on blues, and so any that make it out into the general population are likely to be true blues. My pairs are all teal-teal or aqua-aqua.

I'm wondering though, what you mean by "three colors"? Do you mean the yellow/red on the wings that the other blues bring? Or do you mean the brown primary? The brown primary has always been there, but I might be the only one who has any browns. They aren't exactly common!

It sounds like you're unhappy with the variety of primary genes. I left it pretty open on purpose, because the secondary and tertiary are strictly one gene. And yes, saturn is not going to be an option for secondary any longer. That was a bad decision! It has to toxin. It just won't be right otherwise.

So, are there any currently allowed primary genes you really dislike? If no breeders are using them, I might look at removing them from the breed standard. The listed breed standard doesn't reflect any of my proposed changes, since those are still up for debate, so that would be where to look for things you dislike.

Anyway, are there any other problems anyone has with any current genes/colors/lore?

I will probably go ahead with expanding the blue range. I'm sorry if this doesn't sit quite right, but in order to keep Riparians with a slightly wrong blue from being trash, I think it's the right thing to do. They can be a slightly off variant and still have a job patrolling the waterways. Even if they're part-timers ;)
@Genevra
With "three colors" I meant green on the body and blue + yellow/red on the wings. And I believe a big range of primary genes is a good thing. Even if not all genes are used at the moment, maybe there'll be fans of specific combinations in the future. So don't worry, I like all genes and colors. It's just that I LOVE the combinations I mentioned.
The only thing I noticed is that the word "brown" seems to be missing in the "primary colors" section on the front page. So I thought I'd let you know.
And I really didn't want to criticize you, you do a great job and I'm happy with all of your decisions. :) Reed is still one of my favorite dragons, by the way.
@Genevra
With "three colors" I meant green on the body and blue + yellow/red on the wings. And I believe a big range of primary genes is a good thing. Even if not all genes are used at the moment, maybe there'll be fans of specific combinations in the future. So don't worry, I like all genes and colors. It's just that I LOVE the combinations I mentioned.
The only thing I noticed is that the word "brown" seems to be missing in the "primary colors" section on the front page. So I thought I'd let you know.
And I really didn't want to criticize you, you do a great job and I'm happy with all of your decisions. :) Reed is still one of my favorite dragons, by the way.
@Apfelgriebs
Ah, I don't feel like you're criticizing me. Don't worry. I asked people for opinions :D And, yeah, "brown" itself isn't there, but the brown range is. I should probably separate that out though, since the brown is a distinct variety. Thank you for pointing that out. And I'm glad Reed is still a favorite. He's a beauty. I'm really pleased that he's found such success.
@Apfelgriebs
Ah, I don't feel like you're criticizing me. Don't worry. I asked people for opinions :D And, yeah, "brown" itself isn't there, but the brown range is. I should probably separate that out though, since the brown is a distinct variety. Thank you for pointing that out. And I'm glad Reed is still a favorite. He's a beauty. I'm really pleased that he's found such success.
@Genevra
I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same paragraph. I was talking about the note "Green and breed cannot crossbreed.", which should probably be "Green and BROWN breed can't crossbreed." But maybe I'm just confused now.
@Genevra
I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same paragraph. I was talking about the note "Green and breed cannot crossbreed.", which should probably be "Green and BROWN breed can't crossbreed." But maybe I'm just confused now.
@Apfelgriebs
Oh my. I am so embarrassed! >.< I'm so glad you mentioned it. You are definitely not confused. All this time and I never noticed that. I'll just go fix that. If you see any other typos, please don't hesitate to let me know!
@Apfelgriebs
Oh my. I am so embarrassed! >.< I'm so glad you mentioned it. You are definitely not confused. All this time and I never noticed that. I'll just go fix that. If you see any other typos, please don't hesitate to let me know!
@Genevra I was wondering if Cherub would be an acceptable primary? Just wondering b/c I have a guardian male that has almost exactly what's needed for the subspecies, he just has Cherub... If not, I could just re-gene him with an acceptable primary before starting to breed him.
@Genevra I was wondering if Cherub would be an acceptable primary? Just wondering b/c I have a guardian male that has almost exactly what's needed for the subspecies, he just has Cherub... If not, I could just re-gene him with an acceptable primary before starting to breed him.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngVIQndIw.pngtumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
@DrakeFrost
Thanks for being interested in breeding Riparians! Unfortunately, cherub is not a gene they can have. I will be adding savannah for primary genes, in addition to the ones there already are, so there's a few to choose from :)
Oh, and don't forget to pick up the badge from the front page, if you'd like to use it
@DrakeFrost
Thanks for being interested in breeding Riparians! Unfortunately, cherub is not a gene they can have. I will be adding savannah for primary genes, in addition to the ones there already are, so there's a few to choose from :)
Oh, and don't forget to pick up the badge from the front page, if you'd like to use it
@Genevra Here's a new breeding pair: Algaer and Talya! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31345579] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/313456/31345579_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33328769] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/333288/33328769_350.png[/img] [/url] Range/Rarity: [indent]Primary Forest-Shamrock, Savannah 99%/Iridescent 1% Secondary Aqua Toxin Tertiary Swamp-Avocado Gembond[/indent]
@Genevra Here's a new breeding pair: Algaer and Talya!

31345579_350.png

33328769_350.png

Range/Rarity:
Primary Forest-Shamrock, Savannah 99%/Iridescent 1%
Secondary Aqua Toxin
Tertiary Swamp-Avocado Gembond
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngVIQndIw.pngtumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13