Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Koi Dragon Association
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74 75
@DJFeather
Yep, that's a Kikusui.
@DJFeather
Yep, that's a Kikusui.
Get this accent here!
Is there a pinglist for koi sales?? I would love to buy one eventually! (Tundra female specifically!)
Is there a pinglist for koi sales?? I would love to buy one eventually! (Tundra female specifically!)
aUKJE16.png
@PrismDragonfly Thanks, got her registered!
@PrismDragonfly Thanks, got her registered!
| Wishlist | Shiny Hunting | Dream Dragons | Wanted Art List |
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifTI0OYbZ.pngkrirqod.png7iF4Ik8.pngMs7a4L5.pngegg_arcane_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dab8vw4.gif
@PricklyGoose Yep, in the google spreadsheet on page one, there's a tab for pinglists!
@PricklyGoose Yep, in the google spreadsheet on page one, there's a tab for pinglists!
Get this accent here!
Would it be possible to add a subspecies? In particular, I have this "opal Koi" girl, who is black-range, orange-range, orange range... but black/orange/orange range isn't a recognized subspecies combo at all! Whoops. *facepalm* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34565301] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=9&breed=7&element=6&gender=1&tert=108&tertgene=17&winggene=10&wings=108&auth=f677e26b6dc1fdde1344d44ff345af48974c000e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] If she doesn't fit the subspecies aesthetic, I'll probably call her more of a calico, but at least I got to show her off! (I got her as a Guardian with Basic, Toxin, Lace, so I am SO PROUD of her.) Her mate has Glimmer, so sometimes their babies wind up with that instead.
Would it be possible to add a subspecies? In particular, I have this "opal Koi" girl, who is black-range, orange-range, orange range... but black/orange/orange range isn't a recognized subspecies combo at all! Whoops. *facepalm*

dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=9&breed=7&element=6&gender=1&tert=108&tertgene=17&winggene=10&wings=108&auth=f677e26b6dc1fdde1344d44ff345af48974c000e&dummyext=prev.png

If she doesn't fit the subspecies aesthetic, I'll probably call her more of a calico, but at least I got to show her off! (I got her as a Guardian with Basic, Toxin, Lace, so I am SO PROUD of her.)

Her mate has Glimmer, so sometimes their babies wind up with that instead.
@ArchangelBeth

What a lovely lady! I think it'd be fun to add a subspecies, or even a variety for that black/ orange/ orange coloration, but it's up to the owner, @DalphiaRose
@ArchangelBeth

What a lovely lady! I think it'd be fun to add a subspecies, or even a variety for that black/ orange/ orange coloration, but it's up to the owner, @DalphiaRose
Gl2x9gK.png
  • Call me Horse ;)
  • FR +1
  • False Progens
  • DPS member of CSU OW Green
CFgUA.gif fXkWh.gif firevs1.png
@HorseSpirit

Thanks! (And yup, definitely up to the owner. But I'm glad to show off that beautiful mess. Only one of my dragons who insisted on a huge chunk of courtship lore, with one nest per change...)
@HorseSpirit

Thanks! (And yup, definitely up to the owner. But I'm glad to show off that beautiful mess. Only one of my dragons who insisted on a huge chunk of courtship lore, with one nest per change...)
@ArchangelBeth

Do you have a suggestion for another subspecies type? Or is it a swapped?

I'm super busy this next week, but then I'll have time to assist you. D:
@ArchangelBeth

Do you have a suggestion for another subspecies type? Or is it a swapped?

I'm super busy this next week, but then I'll have time to assist you. D:
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@ArchangelBeth @DalphiaRose @HorseSpirit Maybe swapped Kujaku?
@ArchangelBeth @DalphiaRose @HorseSpirit Maybe swapped Kujaku?
Get this accent here!
@DalphiaRose

I am totally understanding of being busy!

I... am not sure I know precisely what a "swapped" is. (I did a search in the thread but it doesn't seem to be in the FAQ? I may've missed it. I have a cold and my brain is blah.) If "swapped" is only for a Primary/Secondary color-swap, then... it doesn't look like it, from the Koi Variations post here. If Primary/Tertiary swapping is allowed, then that'd be a variation on Kyiaku Kujaku (which is approx orange/orange/black ranges).

If she were the founder of a new type... I've just been thinking of her as my "Opal Koi," if the tertiary gene is the important distinction. But presuming that basing it on coloration (not tert genes), would better fit the Koi ideals, then from https://www.koi-pond-guide.com/Koi-Variety.html, they're a lot like a variation on the Showa Sanshoku. So it might just be easier to expand the Showa's tertiary gene by adding some orange ranges, like Kyiaku has for primary and secondary?

If wanting to avoid modifying Showa, perhaps... Hi Shiro Utsuri? (Based on the Shiro Utsuri having some other variations, and adding "red" there, for "red white Utsuri" (which has the Utsuri black base).)

If creating Hi Shiro Utsuri, perhaps these ranges:
Primary: Gloom through Midnight (to keep the idea of a black base)
Secondary: Marigold through Caramel
Tertiary: Marigold through Caramel, Cream through Moon, and Lead through Obsidian. (Those terts don't look really weird with Opal, anyway. Eldritch Opal goes GREEN, even though it's fine with other terts like Scales. I'm assuming that you want to keep down complexity like, "X through Y unless it's one of the color-shifting genes like Opal that breaks the Black range, Orange range, Black/White/Orange range motif"!)

Again, please don't feel rushed to get to this! I hope my feverish writings aren't too incoherent.

[Edited because I only saw this after I posted. heh.]

@PrismDragonfly ...OH, THAT'S A J. (When I was a kid, I thought that cursive was another language, like Arabic. This would be why!) Kujaku.

Ahem. Yes, if swapping Primary/Tertiary is permitted, then Swapped Kujaku looks plausible.
@DalphiaRose

I am totally understanding of being busy!

I... am not sure I know precisely what a "swapped" is. (I did a search in the thread but it doesn't seem to be in the FAQ? I may've missed it. I have a cold and my brain is blah.) If "swapped" is only for a Primary/Secondary color-swap, then... it doesn't look like it, from the Koi Variations post here. If Primary/Tertiary swapping is allowed, then that'd be a variation on Kyiaku Kujaku (which is approx orange/orange/black ranges).

If she were the founder of a new type... I've just been thinking of her as my "Opal Koi," if the tertiary gene is the important distinction. But presuming that basing it on coloration (not tert genes), would better fit the Koi ideals, then from https://www.koi-pond-guide.com/Koi-Variety.html, they're a lot like a variation on the Showa Sanshoku. So it might just be easier to expand the Showa's tertiary gene by adding some orange ranges, like Kyiaku has for primary and secondary?

If wanting to avoid modifying Showa, perhaps... Hi Shiro Utsuri? (Based on the Shiro Utsuri having some other variations, and adding "red" there, for "red white Utsuri" (which has the Utsuri black base).)

If creating Hi Shiro Utsuri, perhaps these ranges:
Primary: Gloom through Midnight (to keep the idea of a black base)
Secondary: Marigold through Caramel
Tertiary: Marigold through Caramel, Cream through Moon, and Lead through Obsidian. (Those terts don't look really weird with Opal, anyway. Eldritch Opal goes GREEN, even though it's fine with other terts like Scales. I'm assuming that you want to keep down complexity like, "X through Y unless it's one of the color-shifting genes like Opal that breaks the Black range, Orange range, Black/White/Orange range motif"!)

Again, please don't feel rushed to get to this! I hope my feverish writings aren't too incoherent.

[Edited because I only saw this after I posted. heh.]

@PrismDragonfly ...OH, THAT'S A J. (When I was a kid, I thought that cursive was another language, like Arabic. This would be why!) Kujaku.

Ahem. Yes, if swapping Primary/Tertiary is permitted, then Swapped Kujaku looks plausible.
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74 75