Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 417 418
[font=palatino linotype]@lopika I'd love to be added to the pinglist! [quote name="lopika" date=2016-04-16 03:55:27] Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12156437] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121565/12156437_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=palatino linotype]Ark, one of the guild's three founders, holes up in his library deep within the depths of Dry Wind's lair. He holds his library very dear. After all, anything related to history was a treasure to him. The library is still growing in size to this day. It's in surprisingly good shape, too. The tiny fae makes several rounds a day to dust and care for his library. Any time not spent cleaning is spent reading books or studying artifacts. The rest of the guild is very much aware of their founder's love of history. Unfortunately, the troublemakers have made a habit to carry a book or trinket on them at all times- to bribe their way out of punishment. Ark can't refuse an new addition to his collection, after all.
@lopika I'd love to be added to the pinglist!

lopika wrote on 2016-04-16:
Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

Ark, one of the guild's three founders, holes up in his library deep within the depths of Dry Wind's lair. He holds his library very dear. After all, anything related to history was a treasure to him. The library is still growing in size to this day. It's in surprisingly good shape, too. The tiny fae makes several rounds a day to dust and care for his library. Any time not spent cleaning is spent reading books or studying artifacts. The rest of the guild is very much aware of their founder's love of history. Unfortunately, the troublemakers have made a habit to carry a book or trinket on them at all times- to bribe their way out of punishment. Ark can't refuse an new addition to his collection, after all.
ok.png
[quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] There are two main lorekeepers within the Ludicra Coven: Morgan and Nuregami, the librarian and scribe. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9017419] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/90175/9017419_350.png[/img] [/url] Morgan lives and breaths the library, and she's in charge of keeping track of the records of the coven. As such, her job includes organizing the spellbooks, the grimoires, records of all past ceremonies, and, of course, books on the pasts of all of the dragons. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11431752] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/114318/11431752_350.png[/img] [/url] Nuregami writes down all that happens during rituals and ceremonies. Often, when he's done with a book, he'll give it to Morgan for her to organize again, but he also holds all records of the dragons who leave and enter the coven's ranks and takes note of when certain events have happened.
Quote:
Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

There are two main lorekeepers within the Ludicra Coven: Morgan and Nuregami, the librarian and scribe.

9017419_350.png

Morgan lives and breaths the library, and she's in charge of keeping track of the records of the coven. As such, her job includes organizing the spellbooks, the grimoires, records of all past ceremonies, and, of course, books on the pasts of all of the dragons.

11431752_350.png

Nuregami writes down all that happens during rituals and ceremonies. Often, when he's done with a book, he'll give it to Morgan for her to organize again, but he also holds all records of the dragons who leave and enter the coven's ranks and takes note of when certain events have happened.
tumblr_nha8ijLf1q1r59mfbo1_500.gif
@lopika Could I be put on the pinglist as well? It gives me an excuse to write everyday. [quote][i]15. April 2016.[/i] Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] Cassius, the patriarch, was just so happened to be born in the Starfall Isles. He was abandoned as an adolescent by his mirror pack for being too frail. So to survive, he worked hard to appease the Arcanist and offer his undying loyalty to him and his flight. It worked and he was blessed with a small patch of land to start his clan, Clan Spinelside. Ada, another mirror, soon joined him in ruling this new clan and they both began to grow to new heights. To prove their further devotion to the Arcanist, they began to make an arcane super weapon that would help the Arcanist dominate the other flights. When the project was just about complete, Ada began to doubt if this plan was morally correct, and wanted Cassius to stop making the weapon. Her mate refused, and finished it. Upon firing the weapon, it imploded on itself and killed many former clan members, including Cassius's and Ada's first born son. The Arcanist was furious for what Cassius and Ada tried to do under his nose, and what happened as a result. He punished Cassius and Ada to seek redemption through others, and that the Arcanist himself would have to keep a close eye on them so they wouldn't do anything that stupid ever again. The clan now lives under the Arcanist's watch in the gigantic Observatory, where they now make it their duty to help troubled or dangerous dragons find redemption like they have. If Clan Spinelside so much as shows signs of creating another super weapon, the Arcanist won't hesitate to take the clan out. [quote][i]16. April 2016.[/i] Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2338409] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/23385/2338409_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17762050] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/177621/17762050_350.png[/img] [/url] Two, actually! The librarian Arlan, the wildclaw, and the lorekeeper Lilac, the coatl. Arlan runs the clan's large library all by himself. The only help he seems to get around the library is Lilac and Alusair, but he doesn't really complain. He finds the library to be his home, and he keeps it neat and tidy whenever possible. The entire clan would contribute to filling the library with research, but out of everyone Arlan contributed the most with lore, considering he survived the disaster that was the super weapon. He began to have trouble keeping up lorekeeping and running a massive library, so the clan brought in help. That help was Lilac. This coatl usually wrote fiction, but was also fascinated by the clan's history. He is diligent in recording happenings around the clan and giving to the library. Though he is a diligent lore keeper, he has a dark side to him. He wants tragedy to happen in the clan, so that he could record even more interesting history. He practically craves disaster to write about, and will do anything, like sabotage, to make it happen. Both lore keepers are good friends with each other, even though Lilac wants to sabotage the clan. If anything majorly tragic happened to the clan, Lilac would like Arlan to survive, since he deems Arlan to be just as smart as him, and he feels Arlan doesn't deserve such a fate and to have his talent wasted. Lilac won't admit openly that he thinks of Arlan as a best friend of sorts. Nope. Not at all.
@lopika

Could I be put on the pinglist as well? It gives me an excuse to write everyday.
Quote:
15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

Cassius, the patriarch, was just so happened to be born in the Starfall Isles. He was abandoned as an adolescent by his mirror pack for being too frail. So to survive, he worked hard to appease the Arcanist and offer his undying loyalty to him and his flight. It worked and he was blessed with a small patch of land to start his clan, Clan Spinelside. Ada, another mirror, soon joined him in ruling this new clan and they both began to grow to new heights.

To prove their further devotion to the Arcanist, they began to make an arcane super weapon that would help the Arcanist dominate the other flights. When the project was just about complete, Ada began to doubt if this plan was morally correct, and wanted Cassius to stop making the weapon. Her mate refused, and finished it. Upon firing the weapon, it imploded on itself and killed many former clan members, including Cassius's and Ada's first born son.

The Arcanist was furious for what Cassius and Ada tried to do under his nose, and what happened as a result. He punished Cassius and Ada to seek redemption through others, and that the Arcanist himself would have to keep a close eye on them so they wouldn't do anything that stupid ever again. The clan now lives under the Arcanist's watch in the gigantic Observatory, where they now make it their duty to help troubled or dangerous dragons find redemption like they have. If Clan Spinelside so much as shows signs of creating another super weapon, the Arcanist won't hesitate to take the clan out.

Quote:
16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

2338409_350.png

17762050_350.png

Two, actually! The librarian Arlan, the wildclaw, and the lorekeeper Lilac, the coatl.

Arlan runs the clan's large library all by himself. The only help he seems to get around the library is Lilac and Alusair, but he doesn't really complain. He finds the library to be his home, and he keeps it neat and tidy whenever possible. The entire clan would contribute to filling the library with research, but out of everyone Arlan contributed the most with lore, considering he survived the disaster that was the super weapon. He began to have trouble keeping up lorekeeping and running a massive library, so the clan brought in help.

That help was Lilac. This coatl usually wrote fiction, but was also fascinated by the clan's history. He is diligent in recording happenings around the clan and giving to the library. Though he is a diligent lore keeper, he has a dark side to him. He wants tragedy to happen in the clan, so that he could record even more interesting history. He practically craves disaster to write about, and will do anything, like sabotage, to make it happen.

Both lore keepers are good friends with each other, even though Lilac wants to sabotage the clan. If anything majorly tragic happened to the clan, Lilac would like Arlan to survive, since he deems Arlan to be just as smart as him, and he feels Arlan doesn't deserve such a fate and to have his talent wasted. Lilac won't admit openly that he thinks of Arlan as a best friend of sorts. Nope. Not at all.
tumblr_inline_nktzarhxrd1rbfe8q.gif
@lopika May I be added to the pinglist? [quote]Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] Actually, no. Kazern simply didn't have anything in his birth clan in the Tangled Wood. He had always fantasized of leaving. Since the Tundra was his charge, she followed loyally. They found a small mountain but due to the fact that the Tangled Wood sunk into the ground, it was one of the tallest in the domain. Kazern took a liking to it, it sat beside the border of the Lightweaver's domain and had a view of the Viridian Labyrinth across the ocean. It was there that they settled and began to create a clan.
@lopika
May I be added to the pinglist?
Quote:
Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

Actually, no. Kazern simply didn't have anything in his birth clan in the Tangled Wood. He had always fantasized of leaving. Since the Tundra was his charge, she followed loyally. They found a small mountain but due to the fact that the Tangled Wood sunk into the ground, it was one of the tallest in the domain. Kazern took a liking to it, it sat beside the border of the Lightweaver's domain and had a view of the Viridian Labyrinth across the ocean. It was there that they settled and began to create a clan.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
@lopika May I be added to the pinglist as well? c: [quote]Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] Ohh boy. The clan's moved around a whole lot, and there's a story behind each time, but the clan began in the Shifting Expanse as a ragtag "family" that the original clan progenitors, Shogoki and Nigoki, started so they wouldn't get lonely. Mirrors [i]do[/i] prefer running around in packs, after all...their pack just happened to be composed of a bunch of other breeds of dragons. [quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] Usually, the clan's scientists keep their own records, keeping to a documentation standard that the Head Engineer Ian lays out for ease of comprehension. Xanisset also tends to eagerly gather all the knowledge he possibly can, for its own sake, though his bad habit of never writing things down unless prodded makes him a less than effective lorekeeper, per se. But when it comes to who keeps all of it organized and in one place, Telicyra is typically the dragon to do so whenever he has downtime, particularly now that they have no dragon to specifically keep track of the historical documents. It's a situation that the Captain is trying to fix, though, since it's rather inefficient to have one of your soldiers doing lorekeeping at the same time...Penelope is making good inroads on that, though.
@lopika

May I be added to the pinglist as well? c:
Quote:
Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

Ohh boy. The clan's moved around a whole lot, and there's a story behind each time, but the clan began in the Shifting Expanse as a ragtag "family" that the original clan progenitors, Shogoki and Nigoki, started so they wouldn't get lonely. Mirrors do prefer running around in packs, after all...their pack just happened to be composed of a bunch of other breeds of dragons.
Quote:

Usually, the clan's scientists keep their own records, keeping to a documentation standard that the Head Engineer Ian lays out for ease of comprehension. Xanisset also tends to eagerly gather all the knowledge he possibly can, for its own sake, though his bad habit of never writing things down unless prodded makes him a less than effective lorekeeper, per se. But when it comes to who keeps all of it organized and in one place, Telicyra is typically the dragon to do so whenever he has downtime, particularly now that they have no dragon to specifically keep track of the historical documents. It's a situation that the Captain is trying to fix, though, since it's rather inefficient to have one of your soldiers doing lorekeeping at the same time...Penelope is making good inroads on that, though.
@lopika

This sounds pretty cool, could I be added to the pinglist please? c:
@lopika

This sounds pretty cool, could I be added to the pinglist please? c:
@lopika
Can you add me to the ping list?
@lopika
Can you add me to the ping list?
tumblr_n7samaE1iy1sl6hkto1_500.gif
@lopika i would love the general pinglist please! <33 anyway here goes: [quote]16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] that would be [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21535294]Sophie![/url] sophie's den is lined with books, papers, and records, filed in ways that nobody can quite figure out. She records everything, from battle tactics to Conclave meetings to maps of the area. Dragons are somewhat afraid of what her books might say about them. She doesn't do it to be malicious, though - she's just doing her job :3c
@lopika
i would love the general pinglist please! <33
anyway here goes:
Quote:
16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

that would be Sophie! sophie's den is lined with books, papers, and records, filed in ways that nobody can quite figure out. She records everything, from battle tactics to Conclave meetings to maps of the area. Dragons are somewhat afraid of what her books might say about them. She doesn't do it to be malicious, though - she's just doing her job :3c
art shop | pwyw doodle thread | hatchery | dragons w/ gijinkas | ko-fi
alex//19//canada//they/them//FR time +0
lO4gjhM.png
@lopika
please add me to the ping list. I'm not sure how often I'll get to answering these ,but I love answering them whenever I get a free moment.
@lopika
please add me to the ping list. I'm not sure how often I'll get to answering these ,but I love answering them whenever I get a free moment.
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
Oh, hey. I probably won't have much time for this sort of thing, but throw me on the ping list for my off time? I love lore stuff. [quote]15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] My lair is actually comprised of a number of different clans who work as a sort of coalition. They're like a weird United States of Dragons, complete with The Fifteen (who are actually sixteen) who congregate to discuss matters at boring council meetings. Or, boring until Shriek happens. But, it all began with Clan Elsewhere, which were a bunch of Plague nomads who ended up having to settle when their patriarch was injured in a fight with Serthis. He vouched to go back to Dragonhome, where he was raised, and [i]en route[/i] ran into an old acquaintance who his mate took a shine to. Having lost most of their ranks, she suggested that said acquaintance come with as a new recruit, but the acquaintance's clan wasn't having it; she was their leader, their Alpha, and they weren't going to cow to some old Guardian with a bad wing. Still, their leader decided to go because there was a promise of regular meals and reliable shelter. So, they "allied." One clan became two clans who were "live-in allies." Who ended up settling on land claimed by a third clan, who came to a stalemate with the two and drew up a truce. Then, there were three. Three with allies who kept coming to them for aid. Who had allies and family who needed a place to settle. Who had old alliances who sidled up to keep an eye on their rival, and begrudgingly decided to work alongside them. So three became four became ten became sixteen. And that's the Abandoned. They all have their own territory and land (owned by one clan, actually, but they're "generous"), their own lairs. They have their own customs, but follow laws and regulations decided by the council and enforced by one clan that was assigned as a sort of... police force, I guess? Guards, I suppose. Enforcers. [quote]16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] One of the clans making up the Abandoned is [i]called[/i] the Lorekeepers. They're run by a warrior-poet named Fracture. She looks a little something like this. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3994561] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/39946/3994561_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] She's a tired, cynical old dragon who is [i]actually[/i] the daughter of the unofficial founders of the Abandoned (the leaders of Clan Elsewhere). She moved in her youth, became disillusioned with family life, began a trek back home, and just happened to start collecting stories along the way. She learned a lot from these stories, and now her main concerns is breathing life into her experiences through verse and preserving the history and tales of those around her. She also commands these losers. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16137790][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/161378/16137790.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17943288][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/179433/17943288.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18266703][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/182668/18266703.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19755786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/197558/19755786.png[/img][/url][/center] Acid (Scribe; mostly for legal/medical purposes), Mojave (historian), Sonoran (illuminator), and Wastelander (an oral storyteller) are all the ones who comprise the rest of the Lorekeepers. They're the only reason any of the Abandoned know anything about anyone. Outside of the Lorekeepers, there's also... [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17091686] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/170917/17091686_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Ulysses here is a very traditional dragon from a very old-fashioned tribe of dragons. History is his everything, the stories of his family and the land are his life, and he'll talk your ear off if you give him the chance. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22313464] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/223135/22313464_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] And Vivec is a poet! They're also... frighteningly aware of what they are. As in, they know they're just a pixel dragon on a site and that their reality is what the users make it. A lot of what they say doesn't make much sense, but they know everything about everyone and are basically the walking, talking history book for the Abandoned. And Flight Rising in general. They really like tittering about drama to the other dragons who have no idea what the heck they're talking about.
Oh, hey. I probably won't have much time for this sort of thing, but throw me on the ping list for my off time? I love lore stuff.
Quote:
15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

My lair is actually comprised of a number of different clans who work as a sort of coalition. They're like a weird United States of Dragons, complete with The Fifteen (who are actually sixteen) who congregate to discuss matters at boring council meetings. Or, boring until Shriek happens.

But, it all began with Clan Elsewhere, which were a bunch of Plague nomads who ended up having to settle when their patriarch was injured in a fight with Serthis. He vouched to go back to Dragonhome, where he was raised, and en route ran into an old acquaintance who his mate took a shine to. Having lost most of their ranks, she suggested that said acquaintance come with as a new recruit, but the acquaintance's clan wasn't having it; she was their leader, their Alpha, and they weren't going to cow to some old Guardian with a bad wing. Still, their leader decided to go because there was a promise of regular meals and reliable shelter.

So, they "allied." One clan became two clans who were "live-in allies." Who ended up settling on land claimed by a third clan, who came to a stalemate with the two and drew up a truce. Then, there were three.

Three with allies who kept coming to them for aid. Who had allies and family who needed a place to settle. Who had old alliances who sidled up to keep an eye on their rival, and begrudgingly decided to work alongside them. So three became four became ten became sixteen.

And that's the Abandoned. They all have their own territory and land (owned by one clan, actually, but they're "generous"), their own lairs. They have their own customs, but follow laws and regulations decided by the council and enforced by one clan that was assigned as a sort of... police force, I guess? Guards, I suppose. Enforcers.
Quote:

One of the clans making up the Abandoned is called the Lorekeepers. They're run by a warrior-poet named Fracture. She looks a little something like this.

She's a tired, cynical old dragon who is actually the daughter of the unofficial founders of the Abandoned (the leaders of Clan Elsewhere). She moved in her youth, became disillusioned with family life, began a trek back home, and just happened to start collecting stories along the way. She learned a lot from these stories, and now her main concerns is breathing life into her experiences through verse and preserving the history and tales of those around her.

She also commands these losers.
16137790.png17943288.png18266703.png19755786.png

Acid (Scribe; mostly for legal/medical purposes), Mojave (historian), Sonoran (illuminator), and Wastelander (an oral storyteller) are all the ones who comprise the rest of the Lorekeepers. They're the only reason any of the Abandoned know anything about anyone.

Outside of the Lorekeepers, there's also...

Ulysses here is a very traditional dragon from a very old-fashioned tribe of dragons. History is his everything, the stories of his family and the land are his life, and he'll talk your ear off if you give him the chance.

And Vivec is a poet! They're also... frighteningly aware of what they are. As in, they know they're just a pixel dragon on a site and that their reality is what the users make it. A lot of what they say doesn't make much sense, but they know everything about everyone and are basically the walking, talking history book for the Abandoned. And Flight Rising in general. They really like tittering about drama to the other dragons who have no idea what the heck they're talking about.
294869_900.png421497_900.png421214_900.png341914_900.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 417 418