Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 417 418
@lopika Oh, thank you so much for the ping! Lore is my absolutely favorite thing on this site and you couldn't choose to start this at better time, since I started rewriting my stories two days ago. Although I have almost everything sketched and planned, this will definitely help me to shape all the details that I could possibly skip. So, yeah, keep me on the pinglist. I will absolutely enjoy this. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [quote]Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] My clan is a small troop who pose as traveling artists, while they are on the journey of their life, trying to find the set of ancient books that will, as they believe, reveal them the secret of immortality. Like a nomadic tribes, the group travels during most of the year across the lands of Sornieth in a some sort of caravan. They never know where they will wake up next morning and dislike staying in one region for too long. However, there is one place they can call home... The clan was found by a young adventurer named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84463&tab=dragon&did=18820453]Omega[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84463&did=11751647]Tiberius[/url], who was sentenced to death in his original clan, and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=84463&did=21400587]Camille[/url], princess that ran away from home in attempt to escape the arranged marriage with the dragon she despised. One of the reasons they have to keep moving is that both Camile and Tiberius are on the wanted list, meaning that they are constantly followed by head hunters. The original idea was that they should travel during the whole year, without stopping to rest, but their first winter spent together in the frozen wastelands of Sornieth showed them that they have to find a safe shelter during the frigid, December nights. At first, they tried to make an alliance with the Beastclans and a dragon named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=84463&tab=dragon&did=14187754]Zosimos[/url], who was raised by Longnecks. Unfortunately, that friendship didn't last long. After one broken promise, the troop was proclaimed as an enemy and had to flee the Beastclan territory...But that's one long story. Finally, the clan stumbled onto abandoned ruins of the ancient city destroyed by fire. The whole domain was considered cursed and become subject of countless legends. Not many dragons wanted to approach this eerie place...That was why it was perfect for the clan that wanted to avoid interactions with other dragons as much as possibly. In the ruins, they encountered [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11644408]Janos[/url], lonely soul that guarded over the city, mourning the lose of his family and friends, that he lost in the accident. The clan helped Janos to heal his wounds and, in return, he allowed them to stay in the ruins, implicitly becoming one of them... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Phew, that's it, I guess? I really, [i]really[/i] shouldn't be allowed to talk about lore. Look what I do, write an essay every single time. However, looking forward to next question. See you soon. ^^ EDIT: Typos, typos! Apparently I cannot English in 7AM before I had my daily dose of caffeine.
@lopika

Oh, thank you so much for the ping! Lore is my absolutely favorite thing on this site and you couldn't choose to start this at better time, since I started rewriting my stories two days ago. Although I have almost everything sketched and planned, this will definitely help me to shape all the details that I could possibly skip.

So, yeah, keep me on the pinglist. I will absolutely enjoy this.

Quote:
Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

My clan is a small troop who pose as traveling artists, while they are on the journey of their life, trying to find the set of ancient books that will, as they believe, reveal them the secret of immortality. Like a nomadic tribes, the group travels during most of the year across the lands of Sornieth in a some sort of caravan. They never know where they will wake up next morning and dislike staying in one region for too long. However, there is one place they can call home...

The clan was found by a young adventurer named Omega, Tiberius, who was sentenced to death in his original clan, and Camille, princess that ran away from home in attempt to escape the arranged marriage with the dragon she despised. One of the reasons they have to keep moving is that both Camile and Tiberius are on the wanted list, meaning that they are constantly followed by head hunters.

The original idea was that they should travel during the whole year, without stopping to rest, but their first winter spent together in the frozen wastelands of Sornieth showed them that they have to find a safe shelter during the frigid, December nights. At first, they tried to make an alliance with the Beastclans and a dragon named Zosimos, who was raised by Longnecks. Unfortunately, that friendship didn't last long. After one broken promise, the troop was proclaimed as an enemy and had to flee the Beastclan territory...But that's one long story.

Finally, the clan stumbled onto abandoned ruins of the ancient city destroyed by fire. The whole domain was considered cursed and become subject of countless legends. Not many dragons wanted to approach this eerie place...That was why it was perfect for the clan that wanted to avoid interactions with other dragons as much as possibly. In the ruins, they encountered Janos, lonely soul that guarded over the city, mourning the lose of his family and friends, that he lost in the accident. The clan helped Janos to heal his wounds and, in return, he allowed them to stay in the ruins, implicitly becoming one of them...

Phew, that's it, I guess? I really, really shouldn't be allowed to talk about lore. Look what I do, write an essay every single time. However, looking forward to next question. See you soon. ^^

EDIT: Typos, typos! Apparently I cannot English in 7AM before I had my daily dose of caffeine.
@lopika

Hey this seems really cool! Could you add me to the ping list please? Also, hooray for in character stuffz!

A beautiful black Mirror walks into the library, her wings are a gorgeous purple and she is dressed extravagantly, in satin and silks with ludicrous amounts of jewelry, mostly gold and citrine, but the are some aquamarines as well. While her eyes are of the fire element, her body tells a different story, tendrils of shadow lick out from between her ribs, but wisps of flame also seem to swirl around her, accompanied by a bird made of fire and smoke. It is almost as if she is an elemental, wrought out of shadow and flame.

The newcomer steps with head held high, gazing about in that haughty manner that many rulers tend to use, but her mysterious eyes are kind as they rest upon Inkheart. She notices a sign next to him, and written on it, a question. Zeratul thinks that telling my past would be good, she thinks, standing before the coatl. "Greetings, stranger." Her voice is rich and exotic, and she smiles softly as she regards the other dragon with curiousity. "My mate thinks it would be good for me to share my story. Do you mind?" She asks, before sitting down and beginning to tell her tale, this might take a while.

"My clan was founded by my previous mate and I, we had found a place to settle, safe, protected behind a large lavafall deep in the Ashfall Waste." The Mirror smiles again, staring off into the distance as she remembers her story. "The two of us were soon joined by another, a Skydancer by the name of Moonrise, quiet and soft she complimented our rash personalities perfectly. She still resides as the clan priestess but has grown distant since the loss of her mate. Not long after that more dragons came looking for shelter, and they were welcomed under our wings." Her face then turns sour, remembering a bitter memory. "My mate became unfaithful, having fallen in love with one of the newcomers, I banished him, though he still resides on the edges of Flameshroud territory, running his own, smaller clan of outlaws and misfits. They don't cause trouble and the last thing we want is a war so, at our borders they will stay. I...I am not sure why I am sharing this." She begins getting up, composing herself before leaving. "Who knows...maybe I did need someone to talk to..." She shakes her head, dangling silks and jewels rattling alongside tiny bones. "If I ever need someone to speak to I will return, one day, maybe I will tell you where I came from...one day..." And with that the mysterious black Mirror walks out, as suddenly as she had entered.
@lopika

Hey this seems really cool! Could you add me to the ping list please? Also, hooray for in character stuffz!

A beautiful black Mirror walks into the library, her wings are a gorgeous purple and she is dressed extravagantly, in satin and silks with ludicrous amounts of jewelry, mostly gold and citrine, but the are some aquamarines as well. While her eyes are of the fire element, her body tells a different story, tendrils of shadow lick out from between her ribs, but wisps of flame also seem to swirl around her, accompanied by a bird made of fire and smoke. It is almost as if she is an elemental, wrought out of shadow and flame.

The newcomer steps with head held high, gazing about in that haughty manner that many rulers tend to use, but her mysterious eyes are kind as they rest upon Inkheart. She notices a sign next to him, and written on it, a question. Zeratul thinks that telling my past would be good, she thinks, standing before the coatl. "Greetings, stranger." Her voice is rich and exotic, and she smiles softly as she regards the other dragon with curiousity. "My mate thinks it would be good for me to share my story. Do you mind?" She asks, before sitting down and beginning to tell her tale, this might take a while.

"My clan was founded by my previous mate and I, we had found a place to settle, safe, protected behind a large lavafall deep in the Ashfall Waste." The Mirror smiles again, staring off into the distance as she remembers her story. "The two of us were soon joined by another, a Skydancer by the name of Moonrise, quiet and soft she complimented our rash personalities perfectly. She still resides as the clan priestess but has grown distant since the loss of her mate. Not long after that more dragons came looking for shelter, and they were welcomed under our wings." Her face then turns sour, remembering a bitter memory. "My mate became unfaithful, having fallen in love with one of the newcomers, I banished him, though he still resides on the edges of Flameshroud territory, running his own, smaller clan of outlaws and misfits. They don't cause trouble and the last thing we want is a war so, at our borders they will stay. I...I am not sure why I am sharing this." She begins getting up, composing herself before leaving. "Who knows...maybe I did need someone to talk to..." She shakes her head, dangling silks and jewels rattling alongside tiny bones. "If I ever need someone to speak to I will return, one day, maybe I will tell you where I came from...one day..." And with that the mysterious black Mirror walks out, as suddenly as she had entered.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22212153] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/222122/22212153.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]Good morning to everyone! 25 visitors, mostly new faces - I couldn't wish for a better start! I have organized all the stories and made further notes. This book will be one of a kind, I am sure of that! I was looking for the origins of my own clan (being here for such a short period of time, I don't know much of the Beginning) and found some information: [i]The founders (progens) were wandering wind dragons who have lived for such a long time, they didn't have any memories of their lives before they started wandering. After meeting other clans giving them shelter, they decided to settle down and dragons joined them. All clanmates helped each other where they could and slowly everyone got some role and duties for themselves. After the High Circle was formed and a council started managing the clan's life with everyone being able to make suggestions and changes, the founders (progens) decided to wander more - clan life was not for them, but they didn't want to leave the clan until it had become strong and independent. They now serve the Windsinger and their children tell their stories even to this day.[/i] Well, that's it for our clan. There were really interesting dtories - I am amazed how different the clans' origins are. Let me ask you some more of your lore.[/columns] ----- [center][b]~Question of the Day~[/b][/center] [quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] *Inkheart grabs a parchement and starts reading names. Somehow his voice is grabbed by the breezes in the library and delivered far to the recipients. One only hears their own name for some magical reason.* @Sevesh @Manidrake @Iodine @Killunia @InkyBrush @RainbowRay @Xypress @colorsoutofspace @ShikoRae @Lunarwing @Erisna @TimelordSnowy @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @bellzan @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @dragonowl21 @After @Moonwater @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai

22212153.png
Good morning to everyone!

25 visitors, mostly new faces - I couldn't wish for a better start! I have organized all the stories and made further notes. This book will be one of a kind, I am sure of that!

I was looking for the origins of my own clan (being here for such a short period of time, I don't know much of the Beginning) and found some information:

The founders (progens) were wandering wind dragons who have lived for such a long time, they didn't have any memories of their lives before they started wandering. After meeting other clans giving them shelter, they decided to settle down and dragons joined them. All clanmates helped each other where they could and slowly everyone got some role and duties for themselves. After the High Circle was formed and a council started managing the clan's life with everyone being able to make suggestions and changes, the founders (progens) decided to wander more - clan life was not for them, but they didn't want to leave the clan until it had become strong and independent. They now serve the Windsinger and their children tell their stories even to this day.

Well, that's it for our clan. There were really interesting dtories - I am amazed how different the clans' origins are. Let me ask you some more of your lore.

~Question of the Day~

Quote:
Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

*Inkheart grabs a parchement and starts reading names. Somehow his voice is grabbed by the breezes in the library and delivered far to the recipients. One only hears their own name for some magical reason.*

@Sevesh @Manidrake @Iodine @Killunia @InkyBrush @RainbowRay @Xypress @colorsoutofspace @ShikoRae @Lunarwing @Erisna @TimelordSnowy @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @bellzan @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @dragonowl21 @After @Moonwater @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai
For centered view 0gjOTSO.gif Adopts: SpiralBusts P9G7630.png
@lopika Uhm Hi! Could I please be added to the pinglist! This seems like a refreshing way to interact with the community haha!
@lopika Uhm Hi! Could I please be added to the pinglist! This seems like a refreshing way to interact with the community haha!
p3wPP6s.png
@RainbowRay - Your Clan Origin story made me smile from start to finish. What a cute concept! I look forward to reading more of your responses.

@TimelordSnowy - I really enjoyed reading your origin story as well. With such a start and location and matriarch, it seems to me that each dragon in the clan might have an interesting history for being a part of it. I'm also very curious as to what happened to Twister. Was he found again?

@Marmite - Just like Timelord's lore, I'm really interested in reading more about your lair now. I just think the whole "we settled here because no one else wants to come this way" makes for so many story possibilities as other dragons join the lair. It looks like your lore is already really well thought out, and I'm totally going to be stalking your responses!

@Bellzan - That might be one of my favorite progen origin stories that I've read. Has that scale ever produced any other dragons? (Is it an object you ever use to explain G1s?)

@Lopai - ~blinks~ So, can I use your response style? I was thinking of doing something similar anyway with Day 2's answer, but you Day 1 answer is just really fun to read and I love it. Also it's a great way to get to know individual dragons, having them response. I really enjoyed reading your writing. If ever one of your dragons says something that catches my attention enough to want to ask more questions (I'm certainly curious now!), would you be interested in doing a back and forth RP-style chat as a continuation? Or would it be better for me to ask as I've asked some others here?

@RainbowRay - Your Clan Origin story made me smile from start to finish. What a cute concept! I look forward to reading more of your responses.

@TimelordSnowy - I really enjoyed reading your origin story as well. With such a start and location and matriarch, it seems to me that each dragon in the clan might have an interesting history for being a part of it. I'm also very curious as to what happened to Twister. Was he found again?

@Marmite - Just like Timelord's lore, I'm really interested in reading more about your lair now. I just think the whole "we settled here because no one else wants to come this way" makes for so many story possibilities as other dragons join the lair. It looks like your lore is already really well thought out, and I'm totally going to be stalking your responses!

@Bellzan - That might be one of my favorite progen origin stories that I've read. Has that scale ever produced any other dragons? (Is it an object you ever use to explain G1s?)

@Lopai - ~blinks~ So, can I use your response style? I was thinking of doing something similar anyway with Day 2's answer, but you Day 1 answer is just really fun to read and I love it. Also it's a great way to get to know individual dragons, having them response. I really enjoyed reading your writing. If ever one of your dragons says something that catches my attention enough to want to ask more questions (I'm certainly curious now!), would you be interested in doing a back and forth RP-style chat as a continuation? Or would it be better for me to ask as I've asked some others here?

Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
@lopika i'd love to be added! c: [quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] My clan is a bit obsessive about recording history. The sort-of leader, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=97137&tab=dragon&did=7036465]Silience[/url], consistently forgets names, words, and the like. He gets quite anxious over it, and considering his position and importance in the clan, and it certainly creates a more desperate atmosphere for others to make sure events stay set in stone and remembered by other generations. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=97137&tab=dragon&did=11642213]Klexos[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=97137&tab=dragon&did=7964799]Degrassé[/url], and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=97137&tab=dragon&did=17803779]Vemödalen[/url] all are part of the labyrinth project, as it has been thus dubbed. Along with general lair expansions, the vast network of caverns and tunnels they create are spotted with rooms full of delicate carves, scrolls, and magical items. The labyrinth seems completely random, and it's quite often that Degrassé has to go in and lead a non-clan member out, but there is a complicated pattern that maps things in an odd chronological order. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=97137&tab=dragon&did=17219024]Moledro[/url] is more of a merchant or hunter of history and lore. She seeks out items and scrolls of power or importance in a frantic goal to discover the truth, as she calls it. Most of the time, she ends up tossing it all to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=97137&tab=dragon&did=20240767]Abvicalgia[/url] because in the end, it wasn't what she was looking for. Abvicalgia, on the other hand, is amassing a giant collection of historical documents (which is difficult, considering he burns most of them) that prove the entire world is controlled by tiny scaleless creatures. There's some stuff about simulations, computers (?), and the entire world being created for the amusement of previously mentioned creatures. No one is really sure what he's talking about. He's kinda weird. so yeah, i think that's most of it, pertaining to lore! the labyrinth holds a lot more importance for things like exalting rituals and other stuff, but that's another couple paragraphs that don't really concern this haha. and if anyone has any comments, i'd love to hear them!
@lopika
i'd love to be added! c:
Quote:
Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

My clan is a bit obsessive about recording history. The sort-of leader, Silience, consistently forgets names, words, and the like. He gets quite anxious over it, and considering his position and importance in the clan, and it certainly creates a more desperate atmosphere for others to make sure events stay set in stone and remembered by other generations.

Klexos, Degrassé, and Vemödalen all are part of the labyrinth project, as it has been thus dubbed. Along with general lair expansions, the vast network of caverns and tunnels they create are spotted with rooms full of delicate carves, scrolls, and magical items. The labyrinth seems completely random, and it's quite often that Degrassé has to go in and lead a non-clan member out, but there is a complicated pattern that maps things in an odd chronological order.

Moledro is more of a merchant or hunter of history and lore. She seeks out items and scrolls of power or importance in a frantic goal to discover the truth, as she calls it. Most of the time, she ends up tossing it all to Abvicalgia because in the end, it wasn't what she was looking for. Abvicalgia, on the other hand, is amassing a giant collection of historical documents (which is difficult, considering he burns most of them) that prove the entire world is controlled by tiny scaleless creatures. There's some stuff about simulations, computers (?), and the entire world being created for the amusement of previously mentioned creatures. No one is really sure what he's talking about. He's kinda weird.

so yeah, i think that's most of it, pertaining to lore! the labyrinth holds a lot more importance for things like exalting rituals and other stuff, but that's another couple paragraphs that don't really concern this haha.
and if anyone has any comments, i'd love to hear them!
ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS TO BECOME INSANELY POWERFUL
[quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] Bluejay is the avid scholar of the clan. Though he only joined in recent months he has avidly gathered as much information as he could about the clan and is filling books with it. Once he has collected all he can he does plan to be sharing it with the hatchlings that will eventually come, though the clan as of yet has chosen to refrain from having young.
Quote:

Bluejay is the avid scholar of the clan. Though he only joined in recent months he has avidly gathered as much information as he could about the clan and is filling books with it. Once he has collected all he can he does plan to be sharing it with the hatchlings that will eventually come, though the clan as of yet has chosen to refrain from having young.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo3_r1_500.gif
@lopika ...I know I'm in @Lunarwing 's Wind-only thread and stuff, BUT. You might get different questions than they do and... well, I like doing feedback for other people too o; Could I be added to this one too? <3 [b]Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20741050][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/207411/20741050.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20741051][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/207411/20741051.png[/img][/url] Gale and Zephyr were nomadic Windswept Plateau-born dragons. She was from the Reedcleft Ascent, and he was from the Zephyr Steppes. The Skydancer female had been coming back from an exhausting, yet exhilarating adventure from the Cloudsong, another subregion of her home domain, and the Spiral male was returning from an adventure at the Abiding Boneyard. Both met under a leafy giant of a tree, and they became fast friends, both realizing that the other had interest in starting up a Clan of their own. Agreeing that they would settle down in the Windswept Plateau, as children of the Windsinger that they were, the two dragons combined their efforts in choosing a place to settle down. That was a day in early autumn. Some time later, just as the first snows were falling upon the peaceful lands, Gale and Zephyr finally had an idea. Already having promised each other to live together forever as mates, the Skydancer and Zephyr made their way to the area where the Zephyr Steppes' gently-rolling hills and plains gave rise to the mighty Reedcleft Ascent. Nodding their heads approvingly, the two would-be progenitors of the future Galebright Clan set about the place busily, looking for a large cave or a place large enough for them to make a Clan's lair in. They were in luck: among the slowly-rising hills near the very edges of the Steppes was a hill that had an entrance to a fairly-large cave system within it. Zephyr took a peek inside first, always having been more of an explorer than Gale had ever been, and he found that it would sustain a very large Clan, and it even had room for expansions, if that was necessary in the future. Happily, Gale and Zephyr made the hill their lair, and that's where the Galebright Clan started. And it still stands there, serving as witness to the many dragons that move to and from both the Zephyr Steppes and the Reedcleft Ascent. (This is a rough outline of what the story of the Clan's origin will be... hope this sounds all right o.e it sounded better in my head ^^') [b]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21001667][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/210017/21001667.png[/img][/url] Breeze is the Galebright Clan's resident secretary, postmaster, and "official announcements and diplomatic letter writer". She calls herself that because she thinks that's a cool title. Gale always reminds her that it is NOT cool, but... eh. Not to mention, her proud and boastful mate, the head explorer, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=220494&tab=dragon&did=20867194]Jasper[/url], sort of encourages her to continue with the title. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21521647][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/215217/21521647.png[/img][/url] Then there's Sky. I haven't done [i]anything[/i] to his Bio since I got him but he's the Clan's historian in my head c':
@lopika

...I know I'm in @Lunarwing 's Wind-only thread and stuff, BUT. You might get different questions than they do and... well, I like doing feedback for other people too o; Could I be added to this one too? <3

Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

20741050.png20741051.png
Gale and Zephyr were nomadic Windswept Plateau-born dragons. She was from the Reedcleft Ascent, and he was from the Zephyr Steppes. The Skydancer female had been coming back from an exhausting, yet exhilarating adventure from the Cloudsong, another subregion of her home domain, and the Spiral male was returning from an adventure at the Abiding Boneyard. Both met under a leafy giant of a tree, and they became fast friends, both realizing that the other had interest in starting up a Clan of their own. Agreeing that they would settle down in the Windswept Plateau, as children of the Windsinger that they were, the two dragons combined their efforts in choosing a place to settle down.

That was a day in early autumn. Some time later, just as the first snows were falling upon the peaceful lands, Gale and Zephyr finally had an idea. Already having promised each other to live together forever as mates, the Skydancer and Zephyr made their way to the area where the Zephyr Steppes' gently-rolling hills and plains gave rise to the mighty Reedcleft Ascent. Nodding their heads approvingly, the two would-be progenitors of the future Galebright Clan set about the place busily, looking for a large cave or a place large enough for them to make a Clan's lair in.

They were in luck: among the slowly-rising hills near the very edges of the Steppes was a hill that had an entrance to a fairly-large cave system within it. Zephyr took a peek inside first, always having been more of an explorer than Gale had ever been, and he found that it would sustain a very large Clan, and it even had room for expansions, if that was necessary in the future. Happily, Gale and Zephyr made the hill their lair, and that's where the Galebright Clan started.

And it still stands there, serving as witness to the many dragons that move to and from both the Zephyr Steppes and the Reedcleft Ascent.

(This is a rough outline of what the story of the Clan's origin will be... hope this sounds all right o.e it sounded better in my head ^^')

21001667.png
Breeze is the Galebright Clan's resident secretary, postmaster, and "official announcements and diplomatic letter writer". She calls herself that because she thinks that's a cool title. Gale always reminds her that it is NOT cool, but... eh. Not to mention, her proud and boastful mate, the head explorer, Jasper, sort of encourages her to continue with the title.

21521647.png

Then there's Sky. I haven't done anything to his Bio since I got him but he's the Clan's historian in my head c':
Gale
FR + 16/17 | Korea | She/Her
@lopika
Could I please be added to the pinglist? Thank you!~
@lopika
Could I please be added to the pinglist? Thank you!~
tumblr_prejngSe9m1wb7wla_540.jpg
[center]@lopika I'm currently writing up my lore, so I might as well get involved here! I'd love to be added to the pinglist :) [quote]15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] Our clan was 'founded' by the diseased: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17252746][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/172528/17252746.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17562247][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/175623/17562247.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17779601][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/177797/17779601.png[/img][/url] The diseased were working for the plaguebringer in Rotrock Rim, where the clan is now situated. The diseased don't remember when they were born, but know that they'll never die. This means their lives aren't very exciting. So when they found the fruit snappers ([url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=159018&tab=dragon&did=20130645]lore here[/url]), they simply couldn't leave them to die. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20130645][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/201307/20130645.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18194669][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/181947/18194669.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18350170][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/183502/18350170.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19424132][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/194242/19424132.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18187358][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/181874/18187358.png[/img][/url] For years, the diseased and the fruit snappers lived together. But the diseased had assigned jobs, and couldn't always stay to guarantee the safety of the fruit snappers. One year, there were riots in Rotrock Rim and the diseased knew they wouldn't be able to guard the fruit snappers for months. So they searched the lands for a team of warriors. (I'd show my warriors but they're currently visiting someone else's lair) Everything since then is history. The natural guarding instinct of the warriors led them to take in many travellers, whom have since become unseperatable enteties of the clan. [quote]16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] The clan has five 'keepers' who each have different duties for the clan; food, fertility, lore, dominance and wealth. Here is my lore keeper: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15472114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/154722/15472114_350.png[/img] [/url] If we'd ever need to advertise our clan, Sterling would be the one to do it. He loves travelling and often leaves the clan for weeks at a time. During his trips he shares the stories of our clan and writes down the stories he gets told in return. [/center]
@lopika

I'm currently writing up my lore, so I might as well get involved here!
I'd love to be added to the pinglist :)

Quote:
15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

Our clan was 'founded' by the diseased:

17252746.png17562247.png17779601.png

The diseased were working for the plaguebringer in Rotrock Rim, where the clan is now situated. The diseased don't remember when they were born, but know that they'll never die. This means their lives aren't very exciting. So when they found the fruit snappers (lore here), they simply couldn't leave them to die.

20130645.png18194669.png18350170.png19424132.png18187358.png

For years, the diseased and the fruit snappers lived together. But the diseased had assigned jobs, and couldn't always stay to guarantee the safety of the fruit snappers. One year, there were riots in Rotrock Rim and the diseased knew they wouldn't be able to guard the fruit snappers for months. So they searched the lands for a team of warriors.

(I'd show my warriors but they're currently visiting someone else's lair)

Everything since then is history. The natural guarding instinct of the warriors led them to take in many travellers, whom have since become unseperatable enteties of the clan.

Quote:
16. April 2016. Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

The clan has five 'keepers' who each have different duties for the clan; food, fertility, lore, dominance and wealth. Here is my lore keeper:

15472114_350.png

If we'd ever need to advertise our clan, Sterling would be the one to do it. He loves travelling and often leaves the clan for weeks at a time. During his trips he shares the stories of our clan and writes down the stories he gets told in return.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 417 418