Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 ... 354 355 356 357 358 ... 417 418
[quote]Since it's their festival, let's talk about water dragons! How can they live underwater? How do you imagine water lairs? How can non water dragons adjust to a water clan?[/quote] My Water dragons are simply able to breath underwater, much like how my Shadow dragons can see in the dark and my Fire dragons can walk through fire! Since Sokuna is just an island, there's plenty of water for the Water dragons to live in. In Usorai's case, she just has an underwater cave that she hangs out in and keeps all her treasure.
Quote:
Since it's their festival, let's talk about water dragons! How can they live underwater? How do you imagine water lairs? How can non water dragons adjust to a water clan?

My Water dragons are simply able to breath underwater, much like how my Shadow dragons can see in the dark and my Fire dragons can walk through fire!

Since Sokuna is just an island, there's plenty of water for the Water dragons to live in. In Usorai's case, she just has an underwater cave that she hangs out in and keeps all her treasure.
eg1jZa2.png
[quote]Since it's their festival, let's talk about water dragons! How can they live underwater? How do you imagine water lairs? How can non water dragons adjust to a water clan?[/quote] I dunno, I imagine water lairs to be made out of coral and sea shells. Pretty much anything sea-related. Maybe they even have beds made out of kelp or something? I dunno, there's stuff going on there that I may never know about. And I guess Water dragons can just breathe underwater, or use those bubble-type things that were in Harry Potter. I think non-Water dragons can live on small pieces of land, or at least on the very shallows of the ocean.
Quote:
Since it's their festival, let's talk about water dragons! How can they live underwater? How do you imagine water lairs? How can non water dragons adjust to a water clan?

I dunno, I imagine water lairs to be made out of coral and sea shells. Pretty much anything sea-related. Maybe they even have beds made out of kelp or something? I dunno, there's stuff going on there that I may never know about. And I guess Water dragons can just breathe underwater, or use those bubble-type things that were in Harry Potter. I think non-Water dragons can live on small pieces of land, or at least on the very shallows of the ocean.
He/Him lol
[quote]Are there fun places to visit in your lair? What is your favourite place like in the territory of your clan? Who likes that place the most among your dragons?[/quote] We don't have any particular locations within the camp because we are just a camp. A camp of nomads. We don't have a specific territory and are riding on the back of a massive beast of flesh and bone. Aside from their individual intricate tents, there is a campfire maintained by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=6921456]Tersal[/url], who can usually be found near it, relaxing, working on his blacksmithing or glass working, or just sleeping. He rarely leaves his post at the bonfire and the other inmates adjusted to his constant presence there long ago. As far as fun places to be, there is the biggest tent, where [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=14974214]Zirg[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=3419306]Vusa[/url], and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=21528556]Makir [/url](As well as his entourage of trained cats) will gladly perform for guests. While we have no library, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=24304416]Konet [/url]always has various works of art on display. Similarly, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=32250356]Surdolv [/url]shows off her puppets, and may even sell a few to guests. And[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=13816163] Kessanir[/url]'s "castle", while not the largest tent, is the most lavish looking and something to marvel at, though he'd never let lowly peasants inside. [quote]Since it's their festival, let's talk about water dragons! How can they live underwater? How do you imagine water lairs? How can non water dragons adjust to a water clan?[/quote] To attempt to answer this question, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=7314685]Veytil [/url]asked our only resident Water dragon, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=12389097]Ice Cream Truck[/url], so he can be accurate portraying Water dragons in the book he's working on. The only answer he got was Ice Cream Truck asking if he'd had any ice cream today and insisting that he needs some and not at all answering any of his questions, just rambling on about ice cream and humming very obnoxious melodies. So the inner workings of the Water dragons and their culture remains a mystery to everyone including the Water dragons themselves. Veytil could've just asked [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=10654770]Krova [/url]about how they can survive underwater, but that never occurred to him and Krova tends to creep him out by existing. It doesn't help that Krova doesn't really like Veytil for similar reasons to why he secretly despises [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83146&tab=dragon&did=10801549]Valdamikt[/url].
Quote:
Are there fun places to visit in your lair? What is your favourite place like in the territory of your clan? Who likes that place the most among your dragons?

We don't have any particular locations within the camp because we are just a camp. A camp of nomads. We don't have a specific territory and are riding on the back of a massive beast of flesh and bone. Aside from their individual intricate tents, there is a campfire maintained by Tersal, who can usually be found near it, relaxing, working on his blacksmithing or glass working, or just sleeping. He rarely leaves his post at the bonfire and the other inmates adjusted to his constant presence there long ago.

As far as fun places to be, there is the biggest tent, where Zirg, Vusa, and Makir (As well as his entourage of trained cats) will gladly perform for guests. While we have no library, Konet always has various works of art on display. Similarly, Surdolv shows off her puppets, and may even sell a few to guests. And Kessanir's "castle", while not the largest tent, is the most lavish looking and something to marvel at, though he'd never let lowly peasants inside.

Quote:

To attempt to answer this question, Veytil asked our only resident Water dragon, Ice Cream Truck, so he can be accurate portraying Water dragons in the book he's working on.

The only answer he got was Ice Cream Truck asking if he'd had any ice cream today and insisting that he needs some and not at all answering any of his questions, just rambling on about ice cream and humming very obnoxious melodies.

So the inner workings of the Water dragons and their culture remains a mystery to everyone including the Water dragons themselves.

Veytil could've just asked Krova about how they can survive underwater, but that never occurred to him and Krova tends to creep him out by existing. It doesn't help that Krova doesn't really like Veytil for similar reasons to why he secretly despises Valdamikt.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[center][quote] Are there fun places to visit in your lair? What is your favourite place like in the territory of your clan? Who likes that place the most among your dragons?[/quote] The only real place the clan would consider fun is the area designated for familiars. They get to interact with familiars and learn a thing or two. Otherwise, all the fun is held within the clan's main area, that being the meeting place, nests and dens. [quote]Since it's their festival, let's talk about water dragons! How can they live underwater? How do you imagine water lairs? How can non water dragons adjust to a water clan?[/quote] I like to imagine that my Water dragons were born with ability to breathe underwater. Water lairs.... I kind of imagine them as islands. Parts of it are submerged, others, not. Non-Water dragons who move to the Water Flight would have to learn how to hold their breath for quite a while in case they need to interact underwater. And, if they can't swim, learn how to swim.
Quote:
Are there fun places to visit in your lair? What is your favourite place like in the territory of your clan? Who likes that place the most among your dragons?

The only real place the clan would consider fun is the area designated for familiars. They get to interact with familiars and learn a thing or two. Otherwise, all the fun is held within the clan's main area, that being the meeting place, nests and dens.
Quote:

I like to imagine that my Water dragons were born with ability to breathe underwater. Water lairs.... I kind of imagine them as islands. Parts of it are submerged, others, not.
Non-Water dragons who move to the Water Flight would have to learn how to hold their breath for quite a while in case they need to interact underwater. And, if they can't swim, learn how to swim.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
[quote]22. April 2017. Are there fun places to visit in your lair? What is your favourite place like in the territory of your clan? Who likes that place the most among your dragons?[/quote] There are a lot of interesting places in and surrounding the Sanctum, though it´s dangerous to walk around without a guide. There are a number of ruins nearby, which hold their fair share of wall murals and fading tapestries (though a majority of the latter have been moved and preserved in the Library). There´s also the Library itself, situated half above and half below ground, filled with a variety of records, biographies, fiction stories, and myths from around Sornieth (and possibly some from across the sea). Lake Mirage, which is not too far from the Sanctum, is a beautiful place to relax. The plants that grow there are always glowing (and also delicious to any herbivorous visitors), and fireflies frequent the place in the warmer months. The small island in the middle always seems to host strange occurrences as well.... There´s also the Menagerie, which features numerous creatures from across the land. The caretaker is alright with others exploring as long as none of the animals or other creatures living there are harmed. It´s a pretty nice place to relax too, as most of the animals are somewhat domesticated now and will come up to the less excitable guests and cuddle with them. At the very least, it can be a great place to nap. Finally, there´s the Altar. Dedicated to the Shadowbinder, the altar and its room is lavishly decorated with a variety of things. The main wall holds a giant mural of the deity created with smooth stones and the occasional piece of seaglass, and the other walls are covered in shards of stained glass originally found in the Sanctum that couldn´t be repaired. Herbs and incense are always burning here, and though smoky, it gives the room a nice blend of scents. It´s easily one of the most impressive rooms in the main lair.
Quote:
22. April 2017. Are there fun places to visit in your lair? What is your favourite place like in the territory of your clan? Who likes that place the most among your dragons?

There are a lot of interesting places in and surrounding the Sanctum, though it´s dangerous to walk around without a guide.

There are a number of ruins nearby, which hold their fair share of wall murals and fading tapestries (though a majority of the latter have been moved and preserved in the Library). There´s also the Library itself, situated half above and half below ground, filled with a variety of records, biographies, fiction stories, and myths from around Sornieth (and possibly some from across the sea).

Lake Mirage, which is not too far from the Sanctum, is a beautiful place to relax. The plants that grow there are always glowing (and also delicious to any herbivorous visitors), and fireflies frequent the place in the warmer months. The small island in the middle always seems to host strange occurrences as well....

There´s also the Menagerie, which features numerous creatures from across the land. The caretaker is alright with others exploring as long as none of the animals or other creatures living there are harmed. It´s a pretty nice place to relax too, as most of the animals are somewhat domesticated now and will come up to the less excitable guests and cuddle with them. At the very least, it can be a great place to nap.

Finally, there´s the Altar. Dedicated to the Shadowbinder, the altar and its room is lavishly decorated with a variety of things. The main wall holds a giant mural of the deity created with smooth stones and the occasional piece of seaglass, and the other walls are covered in shards of stained glass originally found in the Sanctum that couldn´t be repaired. Herbs and incense are always burning here, and though smoky, it gives the room a nice blend of scents. It´s easily one of the most impressive rooms in the main lair.
.............ZRFPHFU.png
Amri/Abyss || FR+3 || They/Them
zu5O19Q.png
Lore Thread || Tumblr || Toyhouse
zu5O19Q.png
Wish List || Goal List
DaxXxIb.png
[center][b]~Question of the Day~[/b][/center] [quote]Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?[/quote] @Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @colorsoutofspace @Lunarwing @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Alvis @mochimajuru @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @Lummox @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @eggod @Kassiel @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Heeroku @Elsewhere @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Temreki @Frillshark @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @otakuderp13 @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @Hawlucha @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Doki @SkyWishes21 @DragonDraws @CheesyCakeCat @BarbaraFett @TheWanderers @Auran @TheHeroicOne @Punkinn @SushiWatson @Averis @Drakespeare @Thousand @RichCanine @Tzarksra @SilverWinter @Nympharia @Spottedpuppi @StormDragon21 @Quetzalzotz @Hatta @Wonderlast @SariStar @Calciferr @porl @MahuruRaji @qwigoqwaga @falling @Reynutocx @Joying @Koter @NatashaJart @Boaaekin @Meonox @WhoDoVoodoo @icepools @Magnhild @Fuurin @nemodave @annadandelion @Hydria @Ipepi @lionstarter @Adriel @ClanHeartsgleam @Missixo @Sukeisu @AnnaStar353 @Amaranth41 @luccamajere @mnkn10 @Fluffmonster @DoctorRosalia @LordSheo @linguistic @Luteia @MidnightKlan829 @taipantigress @wrecknrule @Crookedjaw @FluffyTundras @seraphemme @Leopardmask @EclipseMirror @Lightshadow101 @Sabliere @virtue @MythsFlight @RingsofSaturn @canisVirus @XxLillimxX @Dembai @BeanStalk @CosmicSymbols @clarax @sleeplessfaun @botoluvr @Hanjamuffin @androgynebard @notcharmed @AgentHoneyBunch @TooTicki @Mythie @Princessfirefly @Limesparrow @Gyftrot @CosmicFalcon @Oddballme @StarRise @DraconicSpeaker @Leopardbreath @SpookyClockwork @flowie @RavlynWolf @IrritatorRaji @Crystal4180 @tvrntech @deviantdoge @companionwolf @eeeeel @themirrorswish @TootzyTFM @Melova @Artificiary @RubyMad @Shatterphase @Serpenta @kate3628 @Chelo @chamaeleon @VermilionCourt @carian @violalore @Parda @pendragon007 @KurtCobain @Twistedstripe @VoidDeluz @Jetfeather @Clarnico @foxpaws @Windshear @Quinineer @Alyssea @Amyatzu @Fletcher @Enthusiastic @Rainbowlight @chocomonster @atempause @Pastiche @Avariae @StarriannaFlare @Poiichy @Mle @Azurenight @SporkLord
~Question of the Day~
Quote:
Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?

@Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @colorsoutofspace @Lunarwing @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Alvis @mochimajuru @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @Lummox @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @eggod @Kassiel @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Heeroku @Elsewhere @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Temreki @Frillshark @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @otakuderp13 @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @Hawlucha @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Doki @SkyWishes21 @DragonDraws @CheesyCakeCat @BarbaraFett @TheWanderers @Auran @TheHeroicOne @Punkinn @SushiWatson @Averis @Drakespeare @Thousand @RichCanine @Tzarksra @SilverWinter @Nympharia @Spottedpuppi @StormDragon21 @Quetzalzotz @Hatta @Wonderlast @SariStar @Calciferr @porl @MahuruRaji @qwigoqwaga @falling @Reynutocx @Joying @Koter @NatashaJart @Boaaekin @Meonox @WhoDoVoodoo @icepools @Magnhild @Fuurin @nemodave @annadandelion @Hydria @Ipepi @lionstarter @Adriel @ClanHeartsgleam @Missixo @Sukeisu @AnnaStar353 @Amaranth41 @luccamajere @mnkn10 @Fluffmonster @DoctorRosalia @LordSheo @linguistic @Luteia @MidnightKlan829 @taipantigress @wrecknrule @Crookedjaw @FluffyTundras @seraphemme @Leopardmask @EclipseMirror @Lightshadow101 @Sabliere @virtue @MythsFlight @RingsofSaturn @canisVirus @XxLillimxX @Dembai @BeanStalk @CosmicSymbols @clarax @sleeplessfaun @botoluvr @Hanjamuffin @androgynebard @notcharmed @AgentHoneyBunch @TooTicki @Mythie @Princessfirefly @Limesparrow @Gyftrot @CosmicFalcon @Oddballme @StarRise @DraconicSpeaker @Leopardbreath @SpookyClockwork @flowie @RavlynWolf @IrritatorRaji @Crystal4180 @tvrntech @deviantdoge @companionwolf @eeeeel @themirrorswish @TootzyTFM @Melova @Artificiary @RubyMad @Shatterphase @Serpenta @kate3628 @Chelo @chamaeleon @VermilionCourt @carian @violalore @Parda @pendragon007 @KurtCobain @Twistedstripe @VoidDeluz @Jetfeather @Clarnico @foxpaws @Windshear @Quinineer @Alyssea @Amyatzu @Fletcher @Enthusiastic @Rainbowlight @chocomonster @atempause @Pastiche @Avariae @StarriannaFlare @Poiichy @Mle @Azurenight @SporkLord

For centered view 0gjOTSO.gif Adopts: SpiralBusts P9G7630.png
The canon FR age (in years) of my dragons goes unnoticed, however I do follow what day they were born on to determine their zodiac. And, since in my lore most of the dragons are fairly young, we don't necessarily have elders, so there's no real age hierarchy.
The canon FR age (in years) of my dragons goes unnoticed, however I do follow what day they were born on to determine their zodiac. And, since in my lore most of the dragons are fairly young, we don't necessarily have elders, so there's no real age hierarchy.
[quote]Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?[/quote] i kind of ignore a dragon's site age though at the same time i pay attention to it. like my two 6 digit dergs are much older in lore, but then i have some dergs that are almost 2 years old on the site but in the lore are much younger than a lot of the dragons i've gotten much later.
Quote:
Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?
i kind of ignore a dragon's site age though at the same time i pay attention to it. like my two 6 digit dergs are much older in lore, but then i have some dergs that are almost 2 years old on the site but in the lore are much younger than a lot of the dragons i've gotten much later.
tumblr_inline_o8pnmbVxfC1ts73zp_540.png
[quote]Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?[/quote] Ehh, age isn't something extremely essential in my clan, but if you're older, you do get more respect from others. I don't really pay attention to the site ages since my oldest dragons would only be three months old. I do say that the oldest dragons according to the site, are the older ones in the clan. And no, I really wouldn't improve lore unless I got an idea or something.
Quote:

Ehh, age isn't something extremely essential in my clan, but if you're older, you do get more respect from others. I don't really pay attention to the site ages since my oldest dragons would only be three months old. I do say that the oldest dragons according to the site, are the older ones in the clan. And no, I really wouldn't improve lore unless I got an idea or something.
He/Him lol
[quote]Is age important in your lore? Do you assign age to your dragons' lore? Does the real age of a dragon count? Do you improve/ change your dragons' lore as they age?[/quote] There is no established hierarchy, based on age or otherwise. We have no elders, no leaders. Xolotl is believed to be the oldest inmate, though it's unknown exactly how old he is. Kvatyr is known to be about the same age as Ragnarok, Tersal, and Mortos, if not a bit older. Krova, Velte, and Mortos's sons and daughter are the next generation, and Tumork is among the youngest of the inmates. Age doesn't particularly matter and most don't care to know how old the others are. The ages displayed in their stats are completely inconsequential.
Quote:

There is no established hierarchy, based on age or otherwise. We have no elders, no leaders. Xolotl is believed to be the oldest inmate, though it's unknown exactly how old he is. Kvatyr is known to be about the same age as Ragnarok, Tersal, and Mortos, if not a bit older. Krova, Velte, and Mortos's sons and daughter are the next generation, and Tumork is among the youngest of the inmates. Age doesn't particularly matter and most don't care to know how old the others are.

The ages displayed in their stats are completely inconsequential.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
1 2 ... 354 355 356 357 358 ... 417 418