Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 417 418
@lopika
I would like to be added to the pinglist please. Maybe this will inspire me to actually get to writing down the lore. x)
@lopika
I would like to be added to the pinglist please. Maybe this will inspire me to actually get to writing down the lore. x)
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
@lopika - I knew there was a reason I liked you. What a great idea! Please do add me to the ping list?

Helpful comments on what I write are always welcome, and I'm always willing to return the favor! That said, today will be written in concept format as opposed to actual writing. I've been working on the organization of clan origins for awhile, but in getting caught up in the organizing details, I've not actually started writing it.

For lore purposes, my clan is at the very least two different groups with some wanderers. The original concept was a group of neighbors who'd settled for varying reasons in the same region of the Southern Icefields. Following a massive cave in of the underground lairs, this original crew has been in search of a new home. The Southern Ice Fields will eventually be decided against for new lands, and so their story will be revisited once I finally decide which flight it is I decide to switch to. That said, several of my dragons have origin-based stories which tie into this concept. Treasure and Kunzite are the most complete, but I've recently exalted Yalinya, who everyone's origins is centered on, so I'll have to find a way to weave her into their shorelines.

The group I'm concentrating the mostly heavily on are my Emissaries. They are not an actual clan so much as a group of co-workers who are now tied together. My requirement for acquiring these emissaries was simply their ages, so now I'm in the process of trying to figure out their pasts and how they arrived at their present (with 22+ dragons, some of them with massive offspring lists, this is quite the task!). They were all born with a glow about them setting them aside as chosen of their home deities, and subsequently sent out as emissaries to carry out tasks of the deities in different lands. They are currently using the Ice Fields as a home base operation, but at any given time at least half of them aren't actually there.

And I had less time than I thought---Have to go! I'm sorry how convoluted this sounds, and for the lack of links to dragons that have origin stories. When I've time, I'll definitely be reading through what others have written. Thanks for starting this, Lopika!
@lopika - I knew there was a reason I liked you. What a great idea! Please do add me to the ping list?

Helpful comments on what I write are always welcome, and I'm always willing to return the favor! That said, today will be written in concept format as opposed to actual writing. I've been working on the organization of clan origins for awhile, but in getting caught up in the organizing details, I've not actually started writing it.

For lore purposes, my clan is at the very least two different groups with some wanderers. The original concept was a group of neighbors who'd settled for varying reasons in the same region of the Southern Icefields. Following a massive cave in of the underground lairs, this original crew has been in search of a new home. The Southern Ice Fields will eventually be decided against for new lands, and so their story will be revisited once I finally decide which flight it is I decide to switch to. That said, several of my dragons have origin-based stories which tie into this concept. Treasure and Kunzite are the most complete, but I've recently exalted Yalinya, who everyone's origins is centered on, so I'll have to find a way to weave her into their shorelines.

The group I'm concentrating the mostly heavily on are my Emissaries. They are not an actual clan so much as a group of co-workers who are now tied together. My requirement for acquiring these emissaries was simply their ages, so now I'm in the process of trying to figure out their pasts and how they arrived at their present (with 22+ dragons, some of them with massive offspring lists, this is quite the task!). They were all born with a glow about them setting them aside as chosen of their home deities, and subsequently sent out as emissaries to carry out tasks of the deities in different lands. They are currently using the Ice Fields as a home base operation, but at any given time at least half of them aren't actually there.

And I had less time than I thought---Have to go! I'm sorry how convoluted this sounds, and for the lack of links to dragons that have origin stories. When I've time, I'll definitely be reading through what others have written. Thanks for starting this, Lopika!
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
@lopika
Please ping me!

My Clan began pretty simply: the patriarch, Feather, was always a very impulsive dragon and thought it would be cool to have his own Clan. So, one day, he asked his mate Thistle if she'd like to start a Clan. At first her answer was a blunt 'no', but after he bugged her enough she agreed. After all, this whole 'new-clan' thing would wear off soon, right?
Wrong.

As for the place, they just chose the friendliest place they could find at the time (and close to the Focal Point because Feather wanted to be close to the Arcanist) because neither wanted any trouble. That ended up being a small mountain in the Crystalspine Reaches, with a little dip in the side that could count as a lair.
Needless to say, they moved after a few months.
@lopika
Please ping me!

My Clan began pretty simply: the patriarch, Feather, was always a very impulsive dragon and thought it would be cool to have his own Clan. So, one day, he asked his mate Thistle if she'd like to start a Clan. At first her answer was a blunt 'no', but after he bugged her enough she agreed. After all, this whole 'new-clan' thing would wear off soon, right?
Wrong.

As for the place, they just chose the friendliest place they could find at the time (and close to the Focal Point because Feather wanted to be close to the Arcanist) because neither wanted any trouble. That ended up being a small mountain in the Crystalspine Reaches, with a little dip in the side that could count as a lair.
Needless to say, they moved after a few months.
7AGqN22.pngShe/her | Arcane
Clan of the Arcane Storm | Gilded Inferno | Star Wood Mafia | Stormspire Institute
Art Shop
[quote name="lopika" date=2016-04-15 15:26:00]Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin? [/quote] Once, when the Arcanist was first created, he wondered about the world around him and set out to explore. During his flight, a wind whipped up and broke off one of his scales. It dropped from the sky and sank into the earth, where it became veins of amethyst. A dragon egg formed in a cavern at the heart of the mountain. It was created from the Arcanist's scale, and some of his magic was infused in the egg. It was many months until the dragon inside of it woke... Amethyst opened her eyes. All was darkness. She tentatively moved. Something prevented her from moving far. She shoved with all her might. Amethyst felt the thing tip and fall on its side. She clawed at the wall, and a small crack opened. A tiny bit of light came through the opening. In a couple of minutes, Amethyst was able to break open the egg. She crawled out into a dimly lit cave. Lava covered half the floor. She could see glints of sapphire in the walls. She looked back at her egg. It was becoming a scale. She grabbed it with her mouth and carried it with her while she explored the cave. Over the coming days, she discovered countless caverns, tunnels, and caves. In her dreams she saw the sky, and she longed to find it. Eventually, she succeeded. After that, she studied the stars every night. Amethyst loved expanding her knowledge, but she was lonely. One day a mage journeyed up Sapphire's mountain. The mage's name was Bellzan. She also was a follower of the Arcanist. They united in their search for knowledge and became fast friends. They went on to lead the dragons of the Amethyst Scale together. (Copied from my clan profile, since I've already written it out. ) Added information about my clan location: Amethyst mountain is filled with caves. Many of the dragons live inside the caves. Others live on the surface of the mountain. Amethyst mountain is on the border of the Crystalspine Reaches and the Starwood strand, near the coast. I picture the Crystal Pools as being in the water near the clan. Basically, we live on a mountain near the beach. Between the wildlife on the mountain, the snow on its tip, the lava inside the mountain, the caves, the shadowy forests, the beach nearby, and loose arcane magic, we satisfy all of the flights! @lopika May I be added to the ping list please?
lopika wrote on 2016-04-15:
Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

Once, when the Arcanist was first created, he wondered about the world around him and set out to explore. During his flight, a wind whipped up and broke off one of his scales. It dropped from the sky and sank into the earth, where it became veins of amethyst. A dragon egg formed in a cavern at the heart of the mountain. It was created from the Arcanist's scale, and some of his magic was infused in the egg. It was many months until the dragon inside of it woke...

Amethyst opened her eyes. All was darkness. She tentatively moved. Something prevented her from moving far. She shoved with all her might. Amethyst felt the thing tip and fall on its side. She clawed at the wall, and a small crack opened. A tiny bit of light came through the opening. In a couple of minutes, Amethyst was able to break open the egg. She crawled out into a dimly lit cave. Lava covered half the floor. She could see glints of sapphire in the walls. She looked back at her egg. It was becoming a scale. She grabbed it with her mouth and carried it with her while she explored the cave.
Over the coming days, she discovered countless caverns, tunnels, and caves. In her dreams she saw the sky, and she longed to find it. Eventually, she succeeded. After that, she studied the stars every night. Amethyst loved expanding her knowledge, but she was lonely. One day a mage journeyed up Sapphire's mountain. The mage's name was Bellzan. She also was a follower of the Arcanist. They united in their search for knowledge and became fast friends. They went on to lead the dragons of the Amethyst Scale together.

(Copied from my clan profile, since I've already written it out. )

Added information about my clan location:

Amethyst mountain is filled with caves. Many of the dragons live inside the caves. Others live on the surface of the mountain. Amethyst mountain is on the border of the Crystalspine Reaches and the Starwood strand, near the coast. I picture the Crystal Pools as being in the water near the clan. Basically, we live on a mountain near the beach. Between the wildlife on the mountain, the snow on its tip, the lava inside the mountain, the caves, the shadowy forests, the beach nearby, and loose arcane magic, we satisfy all of the flights!

@lopika May I be added to the ping list please?
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
@lopika I'd like to be added to the ping list- I'm trying to figure out my lore, and this seems like a lot of fun to do honestly. [quote name="lopika" date=2016-04-15 15:16:26] [i]16. April 2016.[/i] Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin? [/quote] Well it all really started when the Fae named Leiana- now Maeve- overestimated herself while traveling and ended up crashing into the territory of a Tundra named Cain. He nursed her back to health, and they ended up wandering across Sorneith together. Along the way they were joined by a merry band of misfits, and the group eventually became too large to travel unhindered. So the then-small clan's leaders helped everyone settle into a cave system in the Crystalspine Reaches. Once the clan grew too big for the original lair, though, they migrated into a deep, dense area of the Starwood Strand (and into larger cave system). The forest was chosen mostly for its more habitable terrain and better hunting. That and the clan finds the trees at night quite beautiful. Unfortunately, the move emptied most of the clan's stores of food, money, and items. Some dragons, such as Cain, were also lost (exalted) along the way. Despite this, the clan is recovering under Maeve's successors and even surpassing its previous standards. The population is growing quickly, the food stores are rarely low, and the economy is beginning to thrive with all the new wares and ideas. All in all, its a bit of a new age for Wisphaven, and Maeve couldn't be more proud.
@lopika
I'd like to be added to the ping list- I'm trying to figure out my lore, and this seems like a lot of fun to do honestly.

lopika wrote on 2016-04-15:
16. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

Well it all really started when the Fae named Leiana- now Maeve- overestimated herself while traveling and ended up crashing into the territory of a Tundra named Cain. He nursed her back to health, and they ended up wandering across Sorneith together. Along the way they were joined by a merry band of misfits, and the group eventually became too large to travel unhindered. So the then-small clan's leaders helped everyone settle into a cave system in the Crystalspine Reaches. Once the clan grew too big for the original lair, though, they migrated into a deep, dense area of the Starwood Strand (and into larger cave system). The forest was chosen mostly for its more habitable terrain and better hunting. That and the clan finds the trees at night quite beautiful.

Unfortunately, the move emptied most of the clan's stores of food, money, and items. Some dragons, such as Cain, were also lost (exalted) along the way. Despite this, the clan is recovering under Maeve's successors and even surpassing its previous standards. The population is growing quickly, the food stores are rarely low, and the economy is beginning to thrive with all the new wares and ideas. All in all, its a bit of a new age for Wisphaven, and Maeve couldn't be more proud.
.::The wisps will lead you home, young wanderer, and the stars will light your way::.aa_zps7097360a.png
Lore :: DragonCave :: Art :: Wishlist :: Tumblr
@lopika I'd love to be added to the ping list too!
@lopika I'd love to be added to the ping list too!
tumblr_o8jld6tRHZ1tv56zio6_250.png __
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
@lopika Mind adding me to the pinglist?

So, Roehouse ended up here because that's where Afaeo and Cahrem, the clan leaders, were born! They really like the Crystalspine Reaches, and can't imagine themselves anywhere but Arcane.
Next, Shentua found her way to Arcane from the Southern Icefields. You can imagine how shocking that would be for the two (at the time) Mirrors, having a dragon four times your size plonking down next to you one day! Shentua was really only looking for somewhere to stay outside of Ice, and found Arcane an easy place to settle into.
After that, Cahrem started to find more and more eggs while she was out scavenging; first she found Vicent in an abandoned Earth egg, followed by Radko's egg resting in an empty Plague nest. The eggs just kept coming, and the group of dragons accepted them all.
What with Arcane being the only home they've ever known, all being rejected from their home families (Shentua excluded), they've never thought of moving anywhere else. It'd be interesting, sure, but with all the accompanying dragons going in and out on their trips to the Arcanist, it'd be a huge pain getting everyone there in one piece.

((Out of lore? I wanted a Gen1 dragon of every element after I'd already gotten Shentua from the AH. Vicent came first, then Radko, then I forget the order. Next was probably Dio or Dalitso or Ximo. I've never really wanted to leave Arcane, despite the reputation, and even if I'd like to, I'm poor. So I won't.
Looking forward to other prompts in the future, though! ^_^))
@lopika Mind adding me to the pinglist?

So, Roehouse ended up here because that's where Afaeo and Cahrem, the clan leaders, were born! They really like the Crystalspine Reaches, and can't imagine themselves anywhere but Arcane.
Next, Shentua found her way to Arcane from the Southern Icefields. You can imagine how shocking that would be for the two (at the time) Mirrors, having a dragon four times your size plonking down next to you one day! Shentua was really only looking for somewhere to stay outside of Ice, and found Arcane an easy place to settle into.
After that, Cahrem started to find more and more eggs while she was out scavenging; first she found Vicent in an abandoned Earth egg, followed by Radko's egg resting in an empty Plague nest. The eggs just kept coming, and the group of dragons accepted them all.
What with Arcane being the only home they've ever known, all being rejected from their home families (Shentua excluded), they've never thought of moving anywhere else. It'd be interesting, sure, but with all the accompanying dragons going in and out on their trips to the Arcanist, it'd be a huge pain getting everyone there in one piece.

((Out of lore? I wanted a Gen1 dragon of every element after I'd already gotten Shentua from the AH. Vicent came first, then Radko, then I forget the order. Next was probably Dio or Dalitso or Ximo. I've never really wanted to leave Arcane, despite the reputation, and even if I'd like to, I'm poor. So I won't.
Looking forward to other prompts in the future, though! ^_^))
Capricorn || +0 FR Time
ey/em or they/them

view my currently reading and book stats on the storygraph!
external website
W2JLRmc.png
@lopika don't have time to write at the moment, but could i be added to the pinglist please? this seems like a really cool idea. ;v;
@lopika don't have time to write at the moment, but could i be added to the pinglist please? this seems like a really cool idea. ;v;
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@lopika

May I be added to the pinglist?
@lopika

May I be added to the pinglist?
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
@lopika

I'd like to be added to the pinglist!

My clan started when an idealistic Guardian named Ranir learned just how many other clans existed in the world and got it into his head that he would establish one too. He struck out in the world and settled down on a promising patch of jungle, just in time to run smack-bang into Belenril -- a Guardian who had firmly declared the same piece of land (and all who might live on it) to be her charge.

The rest, as they say, is history.
@lopika

I'd like to be added to the pinglist!

My clan started when an idealistic Guardian named Ranir learned just how many other clans existed in the world and got it into his head that he would establish one too. He struck out in the world and settled down on a promising patch of jungle, just in time to run smack-bang into Belenril -- a Guardian who had firmly declared the same piece of land (and all who might live on it) to be her charge.

The rest, as they say, is history.
TD98mt2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 417 418