Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 417 418
@lopika I'd like to be added to the pinglist. ^^ I need to build up my clan's lore, so this might help me a lot. [quote]15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] This clan was founded as a place for dragons with unexpected personalities. As the founder did not really fit in with the Ice flight - Maki is very talkative, kind and friendly dragon. He thought he was the only one like that and kept wandering in the Icefields, until he met Elise, a warm and kind Tundra. They decided it would be the best to stay together and maybe... maybe take care of those similar to them. And they kept that word. They travelled a bit until they found a good place in the hostile Southern Icefields. They slowly rebuilt it so that it would make a nice home for them, their future hatchlings or any other dragon that will be in need of a home.
@lopika I'd like to be added to the pinglist. ^^ I need to build up my clan's lore, so this might help me a lot.
Quote:
15. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

This clan was founded as a place for dragons with unexpected personalities. As the founder did not really fit in with the Ice flight - Maki is very talkative, kind and friendly dragon. He thought he was the only one like that and kept wandering in the Icefields, until he met Elise, a warm and kind Tundra. They decided it would be the best to stay together and maybe... maybe take care of those similar to them.
And they kept that word. They travelled a bit until they found a good place in the hostile Southern Icefields. They slowly rebuilt it so that it would make a nice home for them, their future hatchlings or any other dragon that will be in need of a home.
CgtyAYW.png
@Lopkia
add me to the pinglist please c:
@Lopkia
add me to the pinglist please c:
raLT924.pngjavhRRE.png
@lopika

One lovely sunny day in the Viridian Labyrinth, a mirror named Tangle popped into existence in a jungle clearing. He was very alarmed to suddenly find himself with a physical form and a consciousness, and he started squawking and flailing wildly. The noise attracted the attention of another mirror named Liz, who helped him to calm down and get used to having a body. It was obvious to Liz that he would not survive alone, so she vowed to stay with him until he was safely in the company of other friends.

The two of them constructed a simple shelter nearby where they stayed for a while. But Tangle loved to explore, and had a knack for bumping into other dragons in the forest and declaring them 'new friends'. Two of these dragons, Butterfly and Flowerdust, immediately adopted Tangle as their big child. The group steadily grew as more dragons were endeared by Tangle's friendliness and sense of fun, and the general laid-back attitude of the clan.

The clan was nomadic for a while, and it wasn't until many months later that they found their home. Some unknown force seemed to compel Tangle to start travelling in a specific direction through the forest, until eventually he and his clan came across a huge, towering chunk of pink crystal settled amongst the trees. The clan settled there and begun building huts and hollowing out caves within the rock, and the Clan of the Shiny Pink Rock was born.

...and then Liz finally went home to her swamp.

Oh, also add me to the pinglist please! I might like to try more of these!
@lopika

One lovely sunny day in the Viridian Labyrinth, a mirror named Tangle popped into existence in a jungle clearing. He was very alarmed to suddenly find himself with a physical form and a consciousness, and he started squawking and flailing wildly. The noise attracted the attention of another mirror named Liz, who helped him to calm down and get used to having a body. It was obvious to Liz that he would not survive alone, so she vowed to stay with him until he was safely in the company of other friends.

The two of them constructed a simple shelter nearby where they stayed for a while. But Tangle loved to explore, and had a knack for bumping into other dragons in the forest and declaring them 'new friends'. Two of these dragons, Butterfly and Flowerdust, immediately adopted Tangle as their big child. The group steadily grew as more dragons were endeared by Tangle's friendliness and sense of fun, and the general laid-back attitude of the clan.

The clan was nomadic for a while, and it wasn't until many months later that they found their home. Some unknown force seemed to compel Tangle to start travelling in a specific direction through the forest, until eventually he and his clan came across a huge, towering chunk of pink crystal settled amongst the trees. The clan settled there and begun building huts and hollowing out caves within the rock, and the Clan of the Shiny Pink Rock was born.

...and then Liz finally went home to her swamp.

Oh, also add me to the pinglist please! I might like to try more of these!
@Iodine EXCUSE ME WHY WOULD YOU THINK I NEED- yeah okay I totally need this

@lopika I would love to be added to the pinglist for this as well!
@Iodine EXCUSE ME WHY WOULD YOU THINK I NEED- yeah okay I totally need this

@lopika I would love to be added to the pinglist for this as well!
62fDIve.jpg
@lopika I'd like to be added to the ping list!

Dythalla and Aylith met in the Starwood Strand. Dythalla simply found himself existing in the woods one day, sent by the Arcanist to be alive for some reason, and after about a month of aimless wandering he met Aylith.

Aylith had separated from her pack in search of something she couldn't properly describe. She met Dythalla soon after entering the Wood and initially stuck together out of convenience. Dythalla wanted to hear more about the world and craved some company while Aylith knew she needed a guide if she didn't want to get lost.

Soon they decided to form a clan in the Crystalspine Reaches, each feeling like they had finally found a purpose.
@lopika I'd like to be added to the ping list!

Dythalla and Aylith met in the Starwood Strand. Dythalla simply found himself existing in the woods one day, sent by the Arcanist to be alive for some reason, and after about a month of aimless wandering he met Aylith.

Aylith had separated from her pack in search of something she couldn't properly describe. She met Dythalla soon after entering the Wood and initially stuck together out of convenience. Dythalla wanted to hear more about the world and craved some company while Aylith knew she needed a guide if she didn't want to get lost.

Soon they decided to form a clan in the Crystalspine Reaches, each feeling like they had finally found a purpose.
Wiki-wordmark.png
@lopika Add me to the ping list please [quote]Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] Iraneth nearly lost herself in the Starwoods once. It's only fitting that she set her home on the border. She no longer has any desire to explore the depths of the Woods, but she affords it great respect. And so her home lies on a nexus of sorts. The heart of her Clan is in an abandoned mine of the Crystalspine Reaches. The cave and tunneling system deep and vast. Alongside one edge is the coast and along the other giant towering Woods. Earth. Sea. Sky. Iraneth sees an eternity wrapped in an infinity in her home. And so she settled here where her surroundings are a constant reminder of caution, wisdom, and endless possibility. - Her partner, Malrith, caught a glimpse of Something in the impetuous Fledgling that he once watched soar into the Starwoods. He saw it realized when their paths crossed once more as she emerged from the Woods part of her potential realized. - The Clan grew up around these two, a great many dragons from their bloodlines and several more from wanderers that came and never left.
@lopika Add me to the ping list please
Quote:
Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

Iraneth nearly lost herself in the Starwoods once. It's only fitting that she set her home on the border. She no longer has any desire to explore the depths of the Woods, but she affords it great respect.

And so her home lies on a nexus of sorts. The heart of her Clan is in an abandoned mine of the Crystalspine Reaches. The cave and tunneling system deep and vast. Alongside one edge is the coast and along the other giant towering Woods.

Earth.

Sea.

Sky.

Iraneth sees an eternity wrapped in an infinity in her home. And so she settled here where her surroundings are a constant reminder of caution, wisdom, and endless possibility.

-

Her partner, Malrith, caught a glimpse of Something in the impetuous Fledgling that he once watched soar into the Starwoods. He saw it realized when their paths crossed once more as she emerged from the Woods part of her potential realized.

-

The Clan grew up around these two, a great many dragons from their bloodlines and several more from wanderers that came and never left.
78MhYKy.pngWiki-wordmark.png78MhYKy.png
@lopika

Aaaaah, I'm so glad this thread has kicked off at last! I'd love to be affiliates, and if you don't mind, I'd like to be added to the ping list, please~
@lopika

Aaaaah, I'm so glad this thread has kicked off at last! I'd love to be affiliates, and if you don't mind, I'd like to be added to the ping list, please~
tumblr_nha8ijLf1q1r59mfbo1_500.gif
@lopika Ooh, pinglist please?
Quote:
16. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

The Darkroot clan originally came from the Tangled Woods. The matriarch, Villette, had a disagreement with her parents over her choice of mate- a wandering lone Fae she found drifting through the forest. After their quarrel turned violent Villette and Onrad (the Fae) ran away and started a new clan with the Shadowbinder's blessing, striving to create a clan where all would be welcome as long as they lived in peace.

After a time, the clan's oracle foresaw great tragedy coming to the clan if they remained in the Tangled Woods, and so they relocated to the Viridian Labyrinth and remain there to this day. Villette is still the matriarch, but her second-in-command is Erwin.
@lopika Ooh, pinglist please?
Quote:
16. April 2016. Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

The Darkroot clan originally came from the Tangled Woods. The matriarch, Villette, had a disagreement with her parents over her choice of mate- a wandering lone Fae she found drifting through the forest. After their quarrel turned violent Villette and Onrad (the Fae) ran away and started a new clan with the Shadowbinder's blessing, striving to create a clan where all would be welcome as long as they lived in peace.

After a time, the clan's oracle foresaw great tragedy coming to the clan if they remained in the Tangled Woods, and so they relocated to the Viridian Labyrinth and remain there to this day. Villette is still the matriarch, but her second-in-command is Erwin.
Looking for 27s! Help me out? // She/hers pronouns please. :)
WEAK for matchy accent colors on G1s and old dragons.
@lopika Ping List Please! (This might help me actually work on my lore for once >.<) [quote][i]16. April 2016.[/i] Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] Hmmm...Well Shade was Banished from her old clan for helping a hatchling from a rival clan who had wandered into their territory. She flew for days and nights to get as far from them as possable. On this journey she met Twister. A strange and eccentric Tundra that would not leave her alone. He was far too hyper for her liking so she ignored him as much as she could even though he kept following her. He disappeared for days at a time though, which she was perfectly fine with. Several more days into this journey on a day when Twister did not vanish they encountered a mountain with wispy shadows that looked like clouds around it. Twister told Shade that this was what dragons called Shadow mountain, and that dragons were too afraid to go up there because most never came back. Shade of course thought this was the PERFECT of PERFECT places to settle. Mainly because it would mean other dragons would leave her alone. Twister vanished when she decided she would settle on the mountain though. A few days after finding this mountain she had found a cave to settle in and started to gather things to make it a home. A few more days after that She met a Fae named Repere. She of course was confused because Twister said no one came up there. Repere said he had gotten lost while chasing insects and asked if he could stay with her. Shade led him to her cave. Repere had the bright idea to start a clan. She did not agree at first but she gave up after two weeks of his pestering and went in search of Twister. While on this search she met Two Female and 1 Male Imperial named Tempris,Hex, and Flurris, a Nocturne named Umbris, A Coatl named Tiger and A WildClaw named Azure. And Thus they had a Mini Clan c: They had a rough start with not being able to get a lot of food because most of them were not hunters but they learned and survived. Now the clan of Shadow Mountain has grown and no doubt will keep growing. (I could probably go into more detail but then This would more then likely get Ridiculously long...so Ill stop here XD)
@lopika Ping List Please! (This might help me actually work on my lore for once >.<)
Quote:

Hmmm...Well Shade was Banished from her old clan for helping a hatchling from a rival clan who had wandered into their territory. She flew for days and nights to get as far from them as possable. On this journey she met Twister. A strange and eccentric Tundra that would not leave her alone. He was far too hyper for her liking so she ignored him as much as she could even though he kept following her. He disappeared for days at a time though, which she was perfectly fine with. Several more days into this journey on a day when Twister did not vanish they encountered a mountain with wispy shadows that looked like clouds around it.

Twister told Shade that this was what dragons called Shadow mountain, and that dragons were too afraid to go up there because most never came back. Shade of course thought this was the PERFECT of PERFECT places to settle. Mainly because it would mean other dragons would leave her alone.

Twister vanished when she decided she would settle on the mountain though. A few days after finding this mountain she had found a cave to settle in and started to gather things to make it a home. A few more days after that She met a Fae named Repere. She of course was confused because Twister said no one came up there. Repere said he had gotten lost while chasing insects and asked if he could stay with her. Shade led him to her cave. Repere had the bright idea to start a clan.

She did not agree at first but she gave up after two weeks of his pestering and went in search of Twister. While on this search she met Two Female and 1 Male Imperial named Tempris,Hex, and Flurris, a Nocturne named Umbris, A Coatl named Tiger and A WildClaw named Azure. And Thus they had a Mini Clan c: They had a rough start with not being able to get a lot of food because most of them were not hunters but they learned and survived. Now the clan of Shadow Mountain has grown and no doubt will keep growing.

(I could probably go into more detail but then This would more then likely get Ridiculously long...so Ill stop here XD)
PJz0lfZ.png
@Lopika I'm on mobile rn so I can't answer, but could you add me to the pinglist?
@Lopika I'm on mobile rn so I can't answer, but could you add me to the pinglist?
E6nL5Eq.png Asexual Lesbian Christian Genderqueer
She/They | FRT +3 | 21
Proud Lightning Flight Member
Off hiatus as off June 2019. PM me directly if you want to talk!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 417 418