Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | WHOA, another subspecies!!! [Seaturtles]
1 2
OH BOY, now that a new gene has come out, we TOTALLY need to make a NEW SUBSPECIES that uses it!!!!!!!1!1 Are you ready? Because this is [i]definitely[/i] the most important thing you will see all year. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=36&wing=32&style=11&gender=0&ages=1&prig=12&secg=6&tert=9&elem=4&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png[/img] Looook what I have created. It is an entirely new, awe-inspiring subspecies made especially for YOU, the reader of this forum. It is.... the [b]Seaturtle[/b]. (You get it? Because it looks like a sea turtle! I am great at naming) EXTRA, VERY IMPORTANT rules: Element must be WATER. There's a reason they're called SEA turtles. Primary colors must be between DENIM and GOLDENROD. Secondary colors must be between STONEWASH and GREEN. Primary gene must be Giraffe. Yes, I know these are turtles, not giraffes. Do you see a Turtle gene anywhere? DO YOU!!???? Secondary gene must be Hex, Ripple, or anything that looks like a shell really. Because it's a TURTLE! Tertiary gene could probably be Stained or Underbelly or something. Help me out with this one, I'm wayyhyy too lazy to come up with a tertiary gene that looks turtle like. It's just a single gene, but I'm still too lazy to figure that out, oh man POST DREAM DRAGONS HERE!!!!! It is very important that you do this. If you do not, then I will eat a durian fruit. And I probably will not like eating a durian fruit. Subspecies are awesome, right?
OH BOY, now that a new gene has come out, we TOTALLY need to make a NEW SUBSPECIES that uses it!!!!!!!1!1
Are you ready? Because this is definitely the most important thing you will see all year.

dragonpic2.php?body=36&wing=32&style=11&gender=0&ages=1&prig=12&secg=6&tert=9&elem=4&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png
Looook what I have created. It is an entirely new, awe-inspiring subspecies made especially for YOU, the reader of this forum. It is.... the Seaturtle.
(You get it? Because it looks like a sea turtle! I am great at naming)

EXTRA, VERY IMPORTANT rules:
Element must be WATER. There's a reason they're called SEA turtles.
Primary colors must be between DENIM and GOLDENROD.
Secondary colors must be between STONEWASH and GREEN.
Primary gene must be Giraffe. Yes, I know these are turtles, not giraffes. Do you see a Turtle gene anywhere? DO YOU!!????
Secondary gene must be Hex, Ripple, or anything that looks like a shell really. Because it's a TURTLE!
Tertiary gene could probably be Stained or Underbelly or something. Help me out with this one, I'm wayyhyy too lazy to come up with a tertiary gene that looks turtle like. It's just a single gene, but I'm still too lazy to figure that out, oh man

POST DREAM DRAGONS HERE!!!!! It is very important that you do this. If you do not, then I will eat a durian fruit. And I probably will not like eating a durian fruit.

Subspecies are awesome, right?

@Donburi I saw something like this earlier and I love it! Can they be any species? I'd prefer mine to be a turtle dragon :3 [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=33&wing=37&style=9&gender=0&ages=1&prig=12&secg=6&tert=37&elem=4&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] Hmm.. I'm thinking... maybe they have to be XYY or have a tert within the same range of the wings? With underbelly/basic? I can't really think of anything that would look better orz [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=32&wing=30&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=12&secg=6&tert=30&elem=4&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img]
@Donburi I saw something like this earlier and I love it! Can they be any species? I'd prefer mine to be a turtle dragon :3

dragonpic2.php?body=33&wing=37&style=9&gender=0&ages=1&prig=12&secg=6&tert=37&elem=4&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png
Hmm.. I'm thinking... maybe they have to be XYY or have a tert within the same range of the wings? With underbelly/basic? I can't really think of anything that would look better orz

dragonpic2.php?body=32&wing=30&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=12&secg=6&tert=30&elem=4&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png
+2 hours ahead FR time
xG8RObV.png
@Donburi IM EMBARASSED NOW HOW IS THIS A JJOKE IMN LAHGHING SO HARD THIS IS ACTUALLY COOL NO ON E CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE
@Donburi IM EMBARASSED NOW HOW IS THIS A JJOKE IMN LAHGHING SO HARD THIS IS ACTUALLY COOL NO ON E CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE
+2 hours ahead FR time
xG8RObV.png
@donburi

Despite this being a joke...I really want one.

@lorde

Those are the first snappers that I've seen and actually liked, kudos to you.
@donburi

Despite this being a joke...I really want one.

@lorde

Those are the first snappers that I've seen and actually liked, kudos to you.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@lorde yeah, this was a joke, but that second snapper actually looks really good. Wow, now I think I want one 8(
@lorde yeah, this was a joke, but that second snapper actually looks really good. Wow, now I think I want one 8(
@Donburi @Lopai

I take my snappers very seriously :D
@Donburi @Lopai

I take my snappers very seriously :D
+2 hours ahead FR time
xG8RObV.png
@Donburi
Hello, I help NocturneAlley with their Official Subspecies Guide by finding new subspecies for them to list in the guide. Is this thread truly a joke or would you like for these Sea turtles to be listed? I do like the idea and for a joke, you certainly were surprisingly specific about color and gene requirements, which is what is leading to my question.
@Donburi
Hello, I help NocturneAlley with their Official Subspecies Guide by finding new subspecies for them to list in the guide. Is this thread truly a joke or would you like for these Sea turtles to be listed? I do like the idea and for a joke, you certainly were surprisingly specific about color and gene requirements, which is what is leading to my question.
sig_by_vibiana-d9lvi4d.png
@mochamiel The subspecies itself wasn't a joke, the joke was that people really enjoy subspecies for some reason even though a dragon would be the same whether its colors and genes were part of an existing subspecies or not. I just made up a subspecies that seemed to be relevant at the time to see if people would take it seriously even with the joking tone of the post. So sure, you can list Sea Turtles as official, if you want. I still don't understand subspecies though :(
@mochamiel The subspecies itself wasn't a joke, the joke was that people really enjoy subspecies for some reason even though a dragon would be the same whether its colors and genes were part of an existing subspecies or not. I just made up a subspecies that seemed to be relevant at the time to see if people would take it seriously even with the joking tone of the post. So sure, you can list Sea Turtles as official, if you want. I still don't understand subspecies though :(
@Donburi
I'd be happy to explain the concept of subspecies and the possible appeal if you'd like?
I personally find them so fascinating and the amount of creativity that goes into them continues to amaze me!
@Donburi
I'd be happy to explain the concept of subspecies and the possible appeal if you'd like?
I personally find them so fascinating and the amount of creativity that goes into them continues to amaze me!
sig_by_vibiana-d9lvi4d.png
@Donburi
haha i've seen multiple threads about sea turtle subspecies already, you're late
@Donburi
haha i've seen multiple threads about sea turtle subspecies already, you're late
VWPWMZp.png
1 2