Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | |The Black Butterflies: Subspecies hub|
1 2 3 4
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/II94Rni.png[/img] [size=1]banner by albinosilver[/size] Hello and welcome to the [b]Black Butterflies[/b] subspecies hub! Black Butterflies are a brand-new subspecies (created in January 2016) created by @albinosilver, @pinkiepastel, and myself, @Frillshark! But don't get me wrong, plenty more people helped with lots of things (lore, breeding, providing dragons, etc); they'll be credited, don't worry![/center] - [center]{divider}[/center] - [i][b]Black Butterflies[/b][/i] are... [indent][left][b]Vipera[/b] || [b]Butterfly[/b] || [b]Underbelly[/b] / [b]Glimmer[/b] [b]X / X / Y[/b] [size=1]Exact colors are different for each morph, but they're all XXY![/size] [b]Skydancers[/b] or [b]Imperials[/b] [size=1]Might be expanded in the future![/size] [b]Ice[/b], [b]Wind[/b], and [b]Shadow[/b] [size=1]Actually, Flight-Specificity is indeterminate right now.[/size][/left][/indent] - [center]{divider}[/center] - [size=4]||Table of Contents[/size] [indent][LIST=1] [*]Introduction (you are here) [*]Morphs [*]Lore [*]Breeder Listings [*]Badges and Affiliates [/LIST][/indent] ----- [size=6][color=red]Work in progress thread.[/color][/size] [size=5]This bbcode is also very rough as of right now. Please, bear with me; the thread's under construction.[/size]
II94Rni.png
banner by albinosilver

Hello and welcome to the Black Butterflies subspecies hub!
Black Butterflies are a brand-new subspecies (created in January 2016) created by @albinosilver, @pinkiepastel, and myself, @Frillshark! But don't get me wrong, plenty more people helped with lots of things (lore, breeding, providing dragons, etc); they'll be credited, don't worry!

-
{divider}
-

Black Butterflies are...
Vipera || Butterfly || Underbelly / Glimmer

X / X / Y Exact colors are different for each morph, but they're all XXY!

Skydancers or Imperials Might be expanded in the future!

Ice, Wind, and Shadow Actually, Flight-Specificity is indeterminate right now.

-
{divider}
-

||Table of Contents
  1. Introduction (you are here)
  2. Morphs
  3. Lore
  4. Breeder Listings
  5. Badges and Affiliates

Work in progress thread.
This bbcode is also very rough as of right now. Please, bear with me; the thread's under construction.
[center][size=5][i][b]M O R P H S[/b][/i][/size][/center] Black Butterflies have [b]four[/b] different morphs, each with slightly different colors. The four morphs, in order of least common to most common, are [b]Black[/b], [b]Coal[/b], [b]Charcoal[/b], and [b]Midnight[/b]. - [center]{divider}[/center] - [columns] [size=5][font=Times New Roman][b]B L A C K[/b][/font][/size] [center][size=1][size=1]---[/size][/size][/center] Black Butterflies are the most common variant; to the point where the entire subspecies goes by "Black Butterflies"! BBs are famously neutral - they can be ambivalent on just about any subject. This makes them excellent judges and jury members, as they're able to objectively analyze evidence without emotions or biases interrupting their thought processes. [center]{small divider needed}[/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]C o l o r s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Black | Black | Thistle[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]G e n e s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Vipera | Butterfly | Underbelly/Glimmer[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]B r e e d s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Skydancer[/b] or [b]Imperial[/b][/center] [nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=9&wing=9&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=14&elem=3&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] [size=1]Smaller image combining SD M/F and Imp M/F so they all fit easily is needed[/size] [/columns] - [center]{divider}[/center] - [columns] [size=5][font=Times New Roman][b]C O A L[/b][/font][/size] [center][size=1][size=1]---[/size][/size][/center] The second variant, Coal, is much earthier and warmer than the Black variant. Coal Butterflies considered uncommon, and are slightly more powerful than Black Butterflies. CBs are well-known for being amicable and friendly towards other dragons, and are often called upon when someone needs a hug. [center]{small divider needed}[/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]C o l o r s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Coal | Coal | Rust[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]G e n e s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Vipera | Butterfly | Underbelly/Glimmer[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]B r e e d s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Skydancer[/b] or [b]Imperial[/b][/center] [nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=8&style=13&gender=0&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=57&elem=3&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] [size=1]Smaller image combining SD M/F and Imp M/F so they all fit easily is needed[/size] [/columns] - [center]{divider}[/center] - [columns] [size=5][font=Times New Roman][b]C H A R C O A L[/b][/font][/size] [center][size=1][size=1]---[/size][/size][/center] Charcoal Butterflies are the third Butterfly variant. Their wings and stomachs display cool, icy tones - and their chilly demeanor brings calm and self-control even to rioting rooms. CCBs are popular mediators, being able to keep arguments from becoming too heated and emotional, even in desperate times. [center]{small divider needed}[/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]C o l o r s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Charcoal | Charcoal | Sky[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]G e n e s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Vipera | Butterfly | Underbelly/Glimmer[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]B r e e d s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Skydancer[/b] or [b]Imperial[/b][/center] [nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=7&wing=7&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=23&elem=6&tertgene=10&spec=prev.png[/img] [size=1]Smaller image combining SD M/F and Imp M/F so they all fit easily is needed[/size] [/columns] - [center]{divider}[/center] - [columns] [size=5][font=Times New Roman][b]M I D N I G H T[/b][/font][/size] [center][size=1][size=1]---[/size][/size][/center] Midnight Butterflies, also known as "Midnight Storm Butterflies", are the rarest form of Black Butterflies. Little is known about them and their personalities, and they tend to stick to the deepest, darkest reaches of Sornieth, escaping into the open air during only the darkest of nights. Some dragons theorize that this may be because MB dragons are sensitive to sunlight, but no one is exactly sure why this is. [center]{small divider needed}[/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]C o l o r s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Midnight | Midnight | Storm[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]G e n e s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Vipera | Butterfly | Underbelly/Glimmer[/b][/center] [left][size=4][font=Times New Roman][i]B r e e d s[/i][/size][/font] [center][b]Skydancer[/b] or [b]Imperial[/b][/center] [nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=11&wing=11&style=8&gender=0&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=19&elem=7&tertgene=10&spec=prev.png[/img] [size=1]Smaller image combining SD M/F and Imp M/F so they all fit easily is needed[/size] [/columns]
M O R P H S
Black Butterflies have four different morphs, each with slightly different colors.
The four morphs, in order of least common to most common, are Black, Coal, Charcoal, and Midnight.

-
{divider}
-
B L A C K
---
Black Butterflies are the most common variant; to the point where the entire subspecies goes by "Black Butterflies"! BBs are famously neutral - they can be ambivalent on just about any subject. This makes them excellent judges and jury members, as they're able to objectively analyze evidence without emotions or biases interrupting their thought processes.
{small divider needed}
C o l o r s
Black | Black | Thistle
G e n e s
Vipera | Butterfly | Underbelly/Glimmer
B r e e d s
Skydancer or Imperial
dragonpic2.php?body=9&wing=9&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=14&elem=3&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png
Smaller image combining SD M/F and Imp M/F so they all fit easily is needed

-
{divider}
-
C O A L
---
The second variant, Coal, is much earthier and warmer than the Black variant. Coal Butterflies considered uncommon, and are slightly more powerful than Black Butterflies. CBs are well-known for being amicable and friendly towards other dragons, and are often called upon when someone needs a hug.
{small divider needed}
C o l o r s
Coal | Coal | Rust
G e n e s
B r e e d s
Skydancer or Imperial
dragonpic2.php?body=8&wing=8&style=13&gender=0&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=57&elem=3&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png

-
{divider}
-
C H A R C O A L
---
Charcoal Butterflies are the third Butterfly variant. Their wings and stomachs display cool, icy tones - and their chilly demeanor brings calm and self-control even to rioting rooms. CCBs are popular mediators, being able to keep arguments from becoming too heated and emotional, even in desperate times.
{small divider needed}
C o l o r s
Charcoal | Charcoal | Sky
G e n e s
B r e e d s
Skydancer or Imperial
dragonpic2.php?body=7&wing=7&style=8&gender=1&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=23&elem=6&tertgene=10&spec=prev.png

-
{divider}
-
M I D N I G H T
---
Midnight Butterflies, also known as "Midnight Storm Butterflies", are the rarest form of Black Butterflies. Little is known about them and their personalities, and they tend to stick to the deepest, darkest reaches of Sornieth, escaping into the open air during only the darkest of nights. Some dragons theorize that this may be because MB dragons are sensitive to sunlight, but no one is exactly sure why this is.
{small divider needed}
C o l o r s
Midnight | Midnight | Storm
G e n e s
B r e e d s
Skydancer or Imperial
dragonpic2.php?body=11&wing=11&style=8&gender=0&ages=1&prig=8&secg=13&tert=19&elem=7&tertgene=10&spec=prev.png
L O R E
The lore was written by @Stormydragon - all I did was rewrite it!

Black Butterflies are elegant, graceful creatures, truly that of the night - their wings slightly shimmer like galaxies while the scales along their underbellies twinkle like stars as they silently slip through the moonlit air.

No one is sure where the Butterflies originated. Some say Shadow, because of their nocturnal habits, but this has yet to be proven.

Regardless of where they originated, Black Butterflies now have a diaspora all across Sornieth; especially prevalent in the Southern Icefields and the Windswept Plateau. Butterflies prefer to sleep through the daylight in the security of a dark space - such as caves, buildings, or dense forests - as their eyes and wings are inherently weak to sunlight, finding it much harsher than the average dragon.
Black Butterflies rarely vocalize more loudly than whispers, but they usually have silky, creamy voices which delight the ears of those lucky enough to hear one singing.

Often times the sound of their lovely voices echoing through the dark woods has sent shivers down the spines of those travelling during moonlit nights; such travelers rarely see the Butterfly singing, but they know it's there.

Black Butterflies are shy creatures, preferring to keep to introspective acts, but they are not cruel, and are willing to talk to a dragon who will listen.
They are a highly intuitive subspecies, and if they sense that someone means them harm, they melt back into the shadows before they can be caught.
Due to their mysterious and elusive nature, many superstitions have risen about these Black Butterflies.
Many storytellers will spin tall tales about how if a Black Butterfly is caught by a hunter, they will grant any wish the hunter may want in return for their safe release. Others will tell stories of a Black Butterfly's feathers holding incredible uses in Alchemy - such as being the key to a philosopher's stone, an item which could turn lead into gold, or being an ingredient in a Panacea, a potion which could cure all diseases known to dragonkind.

Black Butterflies hide from other clans purely because of such rumors, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts; the more the Butterflies hide, the more rumors about them begin, which leads a Butterfly to hide even more.
L O R E
The lore was written by @Stormydragon - all I did was rewrite it!

Black Butterflies are elegant, graceful creatures, truly that of the night - their wings slightly shimmer like galaxies while the scales along their underbellies twinkle like stars as they silently slip through the moonlit air.

No one is sure where the Butterflies originated. Some say Shadow, because of their nocturnal habits, but this has yet to be proven.

Regardless of where they originated, Black Butterflies now have a diaspora all across Sornieth; especially prevalent in the Southern Icefields and the Windswept Plateau. Butterflies prefer to sleep through the daylight in the security of a dark space - such as caves, buildings, or dense forests - as their eyes and wings are inherently weak to sunlight, finding it much harsher than the average dragon.
Black Butterflies rarely vocalize more loudly than whispers, but they usually have silky, creamy voices which delight the ears of those lucky enough to hear one singing.

Often times the sound of their lovely voices echoing through the dark woods has sent shivers down the spines of those travelling during moonlit nights; such travelers rarely see the Butterfly singing, but they know it's there.

Black Butterflies are shy creatures, preferring to keep to introspective acts, but they are not cruel, and are willing to talk to a dragon who will listen.
They are a highly intuitive subspecies, and if they sense that someone means them harm, they melt back into the shadows before they can be caught.
Due to their mysterious and elusive nature, many superstitions have risen about these Black Butterflies.
Many storytellers will spin tall tales about how if a Black Butterfly is caught by a hunter, they will grant any wish the hunter may want in return for their safe release. Others will tell stories of a Black Butterfly's feathers holding incredible uses in Alchemy - such as being the key to a philosopher's stone, an item which could turn lead into gold, or being an ingredient in a Panacea, a potion which could cure all diseases known to dragonkind.

Black Butterflies hide from other clans purely because of such rumors, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts; the more the Butterflies hide, the more rumors about them begin, which leads a Butterfly to hide even more.
Reserved for breeder listings
Reserved for breeder listings
Reserved for badges/links, affiliates, and special thank-yous!
Reserved for badges/links, affiliates, and special thank-yous!
Reserved for ... Just-in-case.
Reserved for ... Just-in-case.
Just-in-case reserve.
Just-in-case reserve.
I'm pretty sure this will be ready before 2017.
I'm pretty sure this will be ready before 2017.
@pinkiepastel @albinosilver

Proof that I'm not done working on this lol.................. goodnight im going to bed
@pinkiepastel @albinosilver

Proof that I'm not done working on this lol.................. goodnight im going to bed
@albinosilver, @pinkiepastel I think I'm okay with posting at this point. also: [img]http://i.imgur.com/h98KR5y.jpg[/img] Thanks, RNG.
@albinosilver, @pinkiepastel

I think I'm okay with posting at this point.

also:

h98KR5y.jpg

Thanks, RNG.
1 2 3 4