Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Poison Ivy Subspecies Interest Check!!
1 2 3
Hello people, got the itch to buy a dragon, but unsure what to get? Well boy, do I have news for you!! Out from an obscure part of the Scarred Wasteland comes a new subspecies! Poison Ivy dragons are coming soon to a lair near you! I recently created a new subspecies of dragon and wanted to share it with you guys! First of all, though, I want to know if you are interested. The pair I am breeding is Toxin and Pihlaja. That means all current Poison Ivies will be Nocturnes (or if i'm very lucky, a WC) [img]http://i.imgur.com/1ucXRt0.png[/img] The specifics of a Poison Ivy dragon are listed below This subspecies of dragons appear in rashes wherever a unique strain of plague-touched poison ivy is present. Instead of the usual oil these plants secrete, it is a specialized version meant to transform the victim. The victim feels itchy as a rash forms, as per the norm of poison ivy and similar plants. Soon, however, the scales take on a greenish tint and the wings become reddish brown. Brown vines start to grow and curl around the dragon’s body. Sometimes patches of scales are scratched off by the victim as the itching increases. Eventually the victim themselves become part plant and secrete a similar oil to the standard poison ivy plant. This causes any who come in physical contact with an infected dragon to itch uncontrollably, but not to transform. Unfortunately, infected are not immune to their own oil, and so they constantly scratch, sometimes to the point where their scales will no longer grow back. The strain is mostly found in the Scarred Wasteland, but dragons that visit the plaguelands can leave with a nasty surprise. These are usually isolated cases and it rarely spreads outside of the Plaguemother’s domain. Calamine Lotion is much appreciated among this subspecies. Transformation Any dragon that comes in contact with a rare breed of poison ivy becomes infected. This plant can be found near any diseased lake in the Scarred Wasteland, particularly around the Wyrmwound. Though the diseased water creates this form of poison ivy, it also causes the plant to die in a few days, making this particular strain so rare. Once infected, a dragon will experience itching and rashes. Occasionally blisters will form if it is a particularly bad case. Before long, however, the dragon’s scales will take on a greenish tint as the itching intensifies. The wings will turn brown to red and vines will grow across their body as well. Finally, the infected will secrete an oil like that of a normal poison ivy plant. Any who come in physical contact with an infected will begin to itch uncontrollably and develop a rash, though they will not transform into another poison ivy dragon. Specifically, the oil of the plant hijacks the dragons DNA, recoding it to resemble a poison ivy plant. The body, however, suffers an allergic reaction to the oil it now secretes, thus causing chronic rashes. Their transformation also includes the ability to photosynthesize, though only to an extent. They still need to eat, just not as much as other dragons. Symptoms Symptoms are severe itching, extensive rashes, blistering and scabbing of the wings, reduced appetite, vine growth, and the secretion of urushiol oil. The rashes may cause intense scratching that prevents the regrowth of lost scales. The blisters on their wings make flight difficult and painful, but not impossible. Social These infected dragons are looked down upon by clans because of the rashes they can cause among others; therefore, they are mostly solitary creatures. Rumors of poison ivy colonies circle occasionally, though they have never been confirmed. Clans that do accept poison ivies are advised to stock up on bandages and calamine lotion. Poison ivy dragons accepted into clans commonly wear wraps and gloves to minimize the likelihood of accidentally spreading their oil to clanmates. Personality-wise, they function very much like any other dragon, with the exception that they require less food. Their personality from before the infection remains the same. Abilities They can photosynthesize and secrete urushiol oil. They also have limited control over their vines, able to pick things up, but fine motor controls are beyond them. In battle, they make good distractions because any enemies that come in contact with them will begin to itch horribly, breaking their concentration. Bloodline Though it is rare due to their condition, poison ivies will occasionally breed with uninfected dragons. The resulting offspring may or may not carry the genes resulting in their parent’s condition. If the infection is passed on, it will be milder than the parent’s. When two poison ivies breed among themselves, the hatchling will always inherit the infection. The intensity of their condition is stronger, but they have a slight immunity to their own oil. Through the generations of purebred poison ivies, their oil affects other dragons more, while their immunity to it grows. Ideal Genes: Bar/Piebald, Eyespots, Smoke (Spines acceptable) Bar and piebald look like scratched off scales and rashes, while eyespots look like blisters. Smoke looks like poison ivy vines; spines are accepted, as they look like the hairs found on older poison ivy vines. Ideal Primary: Any shade of green (Leaf-Emerald) Ideal Secondary: Brown or red (Soil-Carmine) This represents the color of the leaves as they change, red for budding leaves and the brown of old leaves. Ideal Tertiary: Chocolate-Soil They can be any species and any element. Some possible hatchlings are (from the scrying workshop): [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=34&wing=60&style=11&gender=1&ages=1&prig=9&secg=3&tert=55&elem=2&tertgene=7&spec=prev.png[img] http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=36&wing=54&style=11&gender=0&ages=1&prig=6&secg=3&tert=54&elem=2&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png[/img] If I get 3 interested people, I will breed Pihlaja and Toxin and maybe set up a hatchery, but if not, I don't have the space for the hatchlings, so I will late until a later date. (they are both RTB at the moment) 1. psychofruitcake 2. SlitherSnek 3. Apfelobst (If I bump this twice, it is because my internet is slow and I accidentally submit the comment twice.)
Hello people, got the itch to buy a dragon, but unsure what to get? Well boy, do I have news for you!! Out from an obscure part of the Scarred Wasteland comes a new subspecies!
Poison Ivy dragons are coming soon to a lair near you!

I recently created a new subspecies of dragon and wanted to share it with you guys! First of all, though, I want to know if you are interested.

The pair I am breeding is Toxin and Pihlaja.
That means all current Poison Ivies will be Nocturnes (or if i'm very lucky, a WC)
1ucXRt0.png

The specifics of a Poison Ivy dragon are listed below

This subspecies of dragons appear in rashes wherever a unique strain of plague-touched poison ivy is present. Instead of the usual oil these plants secrete, it is a specialized version meant to transform the victim. The victim feels itchy as a rash forms, as per the norm of poison ivy and similar plants. Soon, however, the scales take on a greenish tint and the wings become reddish brown. Brown vines start to grow and curl around the dragon’s body. Sometimes patches of scales are scratched off by the victim as the itching increases. Eventually the victim themselves become part plant and secrete a similar oil to the standard poison ivy plant. This causes any who come in physical contact with an infected dragon to itch uncontrollably, but not to transform. Unfortunately, infected are not immune to their own oil, and so they constantly scratch, sometimes to the point where their scales will no longer grow back.
The strain is mostly found in the Scarred Wasteland, but dragons that visit the plaguelands can leave with a nasty surprise. These are usually isolated cases and it rarely spreads outside of the Plaguemother’s domain.
Calamine Lotion is much appreciated among this subspecies.

Transformation
Any dragon that comes in contact with a rare breed of poison ivy becomes infected. This plant can be found near any diseased lake in the Scarred Wasteland, particularly around the Wyrmwound. Though the diseased water creates this form of poison ivy, it also causes the plant to die in a few days, making this particular strain so rare.
Once infected, a dragon will experience itching and rashes. Occasionally blisters will form if it is a particularly bad case. Before long, however, the dragon’s scales will take on a greenish tint as the itching intensifies. The wings will turn brown to red and vines will grow across their body as well. Finally, the infected will secrete an oil like that of a normal poison ivy plant. Any who come in physical contact with an infected will begin to itch uncontrollably and develop a rash, though they will not transform into another poison ivy dragon.
Specifically, the oil of the plant hijacks the dragons DNA, recoding it to resemble a poison ivy plant. The body, however, suffers an allergic reaction to the oil it now secretes, thus causing chronic rashes. Their transformation also includes the ability to photosynthesize, though only to an extent. They still need to eat, just not as much as other dragons.

Symptoms
Symptoms are severe itching, extensive rashes, blistering and scabbing of the wings, reduced appetite, vine growth, and the secretion of urushiol oil. The rashes may cause intense scratching that prevents the regrowth of lost scales. The blisters on their wings make flight difficult and painful, but not impossible.

Social
These infected dragons are looked down upon by clans because of the rashes they can cause among others; therefore, they are mostly solitary creatures. Rumors of poison ivy colonies circle occasionally, though they have never been confirmed.
Clans that do accept poison ivies are advised to stock up on bandages and calamine lotion. Poison ivy dragons accepted into clans commonly wear wraps and gloves to minimize the likelihood of accidentally spreading their oil to clanmates.
Personality-wise, they function very much like any other dragon, with the exception that they require less food. Their personality from before the infection remains the same.

Abilities
They can photosynthesize and secrete urushiol oil. They also have limited control over their vines, able to pick things up, but fine motor controls are beyond them.
In battle, they make good distractions because any enemies that come in contact with them will begin to itch horribly, breaking their concentration.

Bloodline
Though it is rare due to their condition, poison ivies will occasionally breed with uninfected dragons. The resulting offspring may or may not carry the genes resulting in their parent’s condition. If the infection is passed on, it will be milder than the parent’s.
When two poison ivies breed among themselves, the hatchling will always inherit the infection. The intensity of their condition is stronger, but they have a slight immunity to their own oil. Through the generations of purebred poison ivies, their oil affects other dragons more, while their immunity to it grows.

Ideal Genes: Bar/Piebald, Eyespots, Smoke (Spines acceptable)
Bar and piebald look like scratched off scales and rashes, while eyespots look like blisters. Smoke looks like poison ivy vines; spines are accepted, as they look like the hairs found on older poison ivy vines.
Ideal Primary: Any shade of green (Leaf-Emerald)
Ideal Secondary: Brown or red (Soil-Carmine)
This represents the color of the leaves as they change, red for budding leaves and the brown of old leaves.
Ideal Tertiary: Chocolate-Soil
They can be any species and any element.

Some possible hatchlings are (from the scrying workshop):
dragonpic2.php?body=34&wing=60&style=11&gender=1&ages=1&prig=9&secg=3&tert=55&elem=2&tertgene=7&spec=prev.pngdragonpic2.php?body=36&wing=54&style=11&gender=0&ages=1&prig=6&secg=3&tert=54&elem=2&tertgene=8&spec=prev.png

If I get 3 interested people, I will breed Pihlaja and Toxin and maybe set up a hatchery, but if not, I don't have the space for the hatchlings, so I will late until a later date. (they are both RTB at the moment)

1. psychofruitcake
2. SlitherSnek
3. Apfelobst

(If I bump this twice, it is because my internet is slow and I accidentally submit the comment twice.)
yEQPoMo.gif
@Arbokobra
aaa i love the lore! i need more nature-y dragons in my lair and these guys are perf *w*

10/10 would buy, ping me or something when/if you ever breed them and i will buy :D
@Arbokobra
aaa i love the lore! i need more nature-y dragons in my lair and these guys are perf *w*

10/10 would buy, ping me or something when/if you ever breed them and i will buy :D
S09KF0c.gif megatron has fallen looks like i'm the leader now
@psychofruitcake Will do :D
I also updated the information with more specific stuff
@psychofruitcake Will do :D
I also updated the information with more specific stuff
yEQPoMo.gif
I'm interested, but they don't fit my lair theme, so I wouldn't buy one.
I'm interested, but they don't fit my lair theme, so I wouldn't buy one.
Stay awesome, everyone!

1 Dragon for Sale!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1523857

PS: For Dragon Share Forums, do not include dragons AFTER Brenna (Skydancer on Page 5). Thanks!
@SayMrrp Thanks for the interest anyway :D
@SayMrrp Thanks for the interest anyway :D
yEQPoMo.gif
bump
just one more person
bump
just one more person
yEQPoMo.gif
bump
bump
yEQPoMo.gif
bump
bump
yEQPoMo.gif
bump
bump
yEQPoMo.gif
I am interested :) please set me on the pinglist!
@Arbokobra
I am interested :) please set me on the pinglist!
@Arbokobra
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.giftumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif___________Sj5rDQi.png
1 2 3