Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Shadow Subspecies: Nightdancers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][i][b]~ Watchers Of The Night Skies ~ [/b][/i][/center] [center][img]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss152/ginmatsuri/giphyl_zpswnm1kof0.gif[/img][/center] [center][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/83bb8ed317f52f7f00c05c30873ea588/tumblr_inline_nrk5vjB0Il1snz70d_500.gif[/img][/center] [center][i]"A migratory subspecies of Skydancer originating from The Windswept Plateau, these black-feathered dragons are in search of new lands where they can be closer to the night skies."[/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13049875] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/130499/13049875_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6343590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/63436/6343590_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://i62.tinypic.com/33ueqoj.png[/img][/center] [b]Lore:[/b] Originally hailing from [i]The Windswept Plateau[/i], a small clan of black-feathered Skydancers migrated from their peaceful highlands in search of a home closer to the night sky. That home was the [i]Tangled Woods[/i], domain of the [b]Shadowbinder[/b] and the [i]Forum of the Obscured Crescent[/i]. Ever since the creation of these dark woods, the impenetrable mist has rendered the night sky unseen by the inhabitants of the land, though that didn't dissuade the migratory [i]Nightdancers[/i] from settling in and trying to train their eyes to see clearly enough and be able to look upon the eternal stars glittering high above the region. One pair has recently settled into the [i]Wispwillow Grove[/i], migrating all the way from the gentle [i]Zephyr Steppes[/i] to these distant murky groves. Here they have made a nest, in the hopes that their children will develop sight strong enough to peer through even the Shadowbinder's murk and be able to watch the night skies for all time... [b]Behavior:[/b] Typical in size and form, Nightdancers usually behave more differently than they look. Always born with black coats, a Nightdancer fares best at nocturnal hours, making the best use of their dark plumage to blend into the night skies. Armed with exceptional night-vision, a Nightdancer is an effective sentry for any clan at dusk; their vigilant natures make them protective and loyal watchdragons, if not the most joyous company to have around. Indeed, a Nightdancer can be brusque or even bellicose with other dragons, though are usually good-natured to the clans they ally themselves with. Unique to this breed, the brighter a Nightdancer's spines, the more aggressive they are due to being more conspicuous than their darker-spined counterparts. [b][i]Darkspines[/i][/b] tend to be scouts and lookouts, while [b][i]brightspines[/i][/b] are more likely to be hit-and-run combatants against trespassers and aggressors. One thing almost all Nightdancers have in common is an ancestral hatred of all [i]Talonak[/i] - Tengu in particular. Generations of conflict at the Bamboo Falls bordering their original homeland (and later within the Tangled Wood) have led to a great distrust of these Beastclans, though it is not impossible for a Nightdancer to set aside their distaste and ally themselves with one. Similarly most Tengu despise Nightdancers on sight, and will more often than not target them upon learning of their presence close by... [b]Colours:[/b] Nightdancer coats are always standard [i]Black[/i], while their wings come in shades of either [i]Shadow[/i] or [i]Midnight[/i]. These are the three colours most suitable for their nocturnal habits, allowing them to blend into the night skies as well as the darkness of the Tangled Wood canopy. Much like the brambled overgrowths they call home, Nightdancers are always born with [b]Spines[/b]. These thorn-like protrusions come in a variety of colour ranging from [i]Magenta[/i] to [i]Thistle[/i]; Spines within the black range are the most common variants, though white and pink are also common. [b]Markings:[/b] Vipera/Daub/Spines. Vipera is as much a [i]warning[/i] to other creatures as it is camoflage; the solid black markings act in turn with daubed feathers to lend a strangely-mottled appearance, allowing a Nightdancer to blend into the forest canopy as readily as the shadows. Even the [i]Glowshrooms[/i] of the Wispwillow Grove will not illuminate their forms so easily, effectively allowing them to meld against the scenery. [center][i]~ [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1500888]Original thread[/url] begins here. Special thanks to @jeanbean and @psychofruitcake for their original suggestions and interest in this subspecies; additional thanks to @Kationi and @kizmetto for contributing their beautiful graphics for this thread! ~[/i][/center] [center][item=Tengu][/center]
~ Watchers Of The Night Skies ~
giphyl_zpswnm1kof0.gif
tumblr_inline_nrk5vjB0Il1snz70d_500.gif
"A migratory subspecies of Skydancer originating from The Windswept Plateau, these black-feathered dragons are in search of new lands where they can be closer to the night skies."

Lore: Originally hailing from The Windswept Plateau, a small clan of black-feathered Skydancers migrated from their peaceful highlands in search of a home closer to the night sky. That home was the Tangled Woods, domain of the Shadowbinder and the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. Ever since the creation of these dark woods, the impenetrable mist has rendered the night sky unseen by the inhabitants of the land, though that didn't dissuade the migratory Nightdancers from settling in and trying to train their eyes to see clearly enough and be able to look upon the eternal stars glittering high above the region.

One pair has recently settled into the Wispwillow Grove, migrating all the way from the gentle Zephyr Steppes to these distant murky groves. Here they have made a nest, in the hopes that their children will develop sight strong enough to peer through even the Shadowbinder's murk and be able to watch the night skies for all time...

Behavior: Typical in size and form, Nightdancers usually behave more differently than they look. Always born with black coats, a Nightdancer fares best at nocturnal hours, making the best use of their dark plumage to blend into the night skies. Armed with exceptional night-vision, a Nightdancer is an effective sentry for any clan at dusk; their vigilant natures make them protective and loyal watchdragons, if not the most joyous company to have around. Indeed, a Nightdancer can be brusque or even bellicose with other dragons, though are usually good-natured to the clans they ally themselves with.

Unique to this breed, the brighter a Nightdancer's spines, the more aggressive they are due to being more conspicuous than their darker-spined counterparts. Darkspines tend to be scouts and lookouts, while brightspines are more likely to be hit-and-run combatants against trespassers and aggressors. One thing almost all Nightdancers have in common is an ancestral hatred of all Talonak - Tengu in particular. Generations of conflict at the Bamboo Falls bordering their original homeland (and later within the Tangled Wood) have led to a great distrust of these Beastclans, though it is not impossible for a Nightdancer to set aside their distaste and ally themselves with one. Similarly most Tengu despise Nightdancers on sight, and will more often than not target them upon learning of their presence close by...

Colours: Nightdancer coats are always standard Black, while their wings come in shades of either Shadow or Midnight. These are the three colours most suitable for their nocturnal habits, allowing them to blend into the night skies as well as the darkness of the Tangled Wood canopy. Much like the brambled overgrowths they call home, Nightdancers are always born with Spines. These thorn-like protrusions come in a variety of colour ranging from Magenta to Thistle; Spines within the black range are the most common variants, though white and pink are also common.

Markings: Vipera/Daub/Spines. Vipera is as much a warning to other creatures as it is camoflage; the solid black markings act in turn with daubed feathers to lend a strangely-mottled appearance, allowing a Nightdancer to blend into the forest canopy as readily as the shadows. Even the Glowshrooms of the Wispwillow Grove will not illuminate their forms so easily, effectively allowing them to meld against the scenery.

~ Original thread begins here. Special thanks to @jeanbean and @psychofruitcake for their original suggestions and interest in this subspecies; additional thanks to @Kationi and @kizmetto for contributing their beautiful graphics for this thread! ~
Tengu
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
[color=blueviolet]Pinglist for current nest ~ [i](*reserved)[/i] ~[/color] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15050554] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150506/15050554_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Adult: n/a [s]Hatchling 1: @D4RKL1GHTDR4GON TAKEN[/s] [s]Hatchling 2: @LilyRoseZ TAKEN[/s] [s]Hatchling 3: @theflamebreath TAKEN[/s] [color=purple][i]~Interest in upcoming nests~[/i][/color] @LilyRoseZ @krissybuttbutt @Kawaru @cryptoraptor @Mandee @D4RKL1GHTDR4GON @theflamebreath @Kayle @Seebaru @Marmite [center][color=blueviolet]~ Known Subspecies Variants ~[/color][/center] [b]Shadow:[/b] Standard variant. Warier and more aggressive than other variants, Nightdancers of the [i]Tangled Woods[/i] loathe their Tengu neighbours and mimic their deceptive ways. [b]Nature:[/b] More laid-back than their Shadow-orientated kin, Nightdancers born in the Gladekeeper's domain are vigilant guardians of Nature. [center][color=purple]~ Colour Range ~[/color][/center] [b]Acceptable Primary Range:[/b] *Black; also Obsidian, Midnight and Shadow. [b]Acceptable Secondary Range:[/b] *Midnight and Shadow; also Black, Obsidian and Coal. [b]Acceptable Tertiary Range:[/b] *Magenta, Pink, Rose, Maize, White, Ice, Platinum, Silver, Grey, Charcoal, Black, Obsidian, Midnight, Shadow, Mulberry and Thistle only.
Pinglist for current nest ~
(*reserved) ~

Adult: n/a
Hatchling 1: @D4RKL1GHTDR4GON TAKEN
Hatchling 2: @LilyRoseZ TAKEN
Hatchling 3: @theflamebreath TAKEN

~Interest in upcoming nests~
@LilyRoseZ
@krissybuttbutt
@Kawaru
@cryptoraptor
@Mandee
@D4RKL1GHTDR4GON
@theflamebreath
@Kayle
@Seebaru
@Marmite

~ Known Subspecies Variants ~

Shadow: Standard variant. Warier and more aggressive than other variants, Nightdancers of the Tangled Woods loathe their Tengu neighbours and mimic their deceptive ways.
Nature: More laid-back than their Shadow-orientated kin, Nightdancers born in the Gladekeeper's domain are vigilant guardians of Nature.

~ Colour Range ~

Acceptable Primary Range: *Black; also Obsidian, Midnight and Shadow.
Acceptable Secondary Range: *Midnight and Shadow; also Black, Obsidian and Coal.
Acceptable Tertiary Range: *Magenta, Pink, Rose, Maize, White, Ice, Platinum, Silver, Grey, Charcoal, Black, Obsidian, Midnight, Shadow, Mulberry and Thistle only.
@Xaldin Fancy graphics for you! [img]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss152/ginmatsuri/giphyl_zpswnm1kof0.gif[/img]
@Xaldin Fancy graphics for you!

giphyl_zpswnm1kof0.gif
.................. 16447.png
Deep in the rotting earth, a clan hides...
LOeebu5.png
LoreAfflicted
SalesFR +10Wanted
16490.png
@Kationi - Oh wow, thank you so much! I cannot do graphics for the life of me but this is absolutely wonderful, and very much appreciated. It's beautiful! ~ ♥
@Kationi - Oh wow, thank you so much! I cannot do graphics for the life of me but this is absolutely wonderful, and very much appreciated. It's beautiful! ~ ♥
@Xaldin No problem! Your subspecies has a fantastic lore, so I thought I'd show some support ^^ Do whatever you want with the gif!
@Xaldin No problem! Your subspecies has a fantastic lore, so I thought I'd show some support ^^ Do whatever you want with the gif!
.................. 16447.png
Deep in the rotting earth, a clan hides...
LOeebu5.png
LoreAfflicted
SalesFR +10Wanted
16490.png
@Xaldin
ah i love how you wrote their lore! ^O^ i'm happy to have helped in their creation (if only somewhat ^^;)! if any of their eggs/offspring (now or in the future) are available for purchase, tell me because i would love one of these darlings uwu
@Xaldin
ah i love how you wrote their lore! ^O^ i'm happy to have helped in their creation (if only somewhat ^^;)! if any of their eggs/offspring (now or in the future) are available for purchase, tell me because i would love one of these darlings uwu
S09KF0c.gif megatron has fallen looks like i'm the leader now
@Kationi - Sorry for the late reply! I've added your gif to the introductory of this thread; it sets the theme wonderfully with their gloomy lore (and I appreciate your kind comment and support on that too!) ♥

@psychofruitcake - Every little helps! I was honestly stuck on where to begin but your suggestions along with jeanbean's was a huge help in getting everything started. There are two eggs in their nest right now if you'd like to reserve a hatchling? (Entirely free of charge of course, as thanks for your contribution to their creation and support!)
@Kationi - Sorry for the late reply! I've added your gif to the introductory of this thread; it sets the theme wonderfully with their gloomy lore (and I appreciate your kind comment and support on that too!) ♥

@psychofruitcake - Every little helps! I was honestly stuck on where to begin but your suggestions along with jeanbean's was a huge help in getting everything started. There are two eggs in their nest right now if you'd like to reserve a hatchling? (Entirely free of charge of course, as thanks for your contribution to their creation and support!)
Oh wow these are amazing! I love the lore of the Nightdancer! Maybe because I have a soft spot for their more brighter cousin the Skydancer ;P

I would love to obtain one in the future when my lair has a little more space <3 They are really beautiful and also have an awesome story/lore to go along with them :D
Oh wow these are amazing! I love the lore of the Nightdancer! Maybe because I have a soft spot for their more brighter cousin the Skydancer ;P

I would love to obtain one in the future when my lair has a little more space <3 They are really beautiful and also have an awesome story/lore to go along with them :D
93158198.png Zeph (26)
They/Them
FR time +3
@LilyRoseZ - Thanks so much for your lovely comment! You do have some beautiful Skydancers in your lair; they're so lovely as pastels and in other bright colours but I've not seen as many dark-coloured ones for some reason? I'm glad you like them all the same, and if you'd like to pinged another time for a different nest (if you have the space), it can be arranged. :)
@LilyRoseZ - Thanks so much for your lovely comment! You do have some beautiful Skydancers in your lair; they're so lovely as pastels and in other bright colours but I've not seen as many dark-coloured ones for some reason? I'm glad you like them all the same, and if you'd like to pinged another time for a different nest (if you have the space), it can be arranged. :)
@Xaldin

Thank you :) Nooooo I don't obviously have an obsession for yellow/bright skydancers lol

Yea definitely :D I would love to be pinged for the next nest! I should have enough room by that time. It would be neat to have a 'Nightdancer'. I'm already steaming up a bio lol. He/she would be the nightguard in the Aerius clan.

Oh when I do get one next nest. When finding a mate do you want the mate also to be a "Nightdancer"? For lineage purposes you know.
@Xaldin

Thank you :) Nooooo I don't obviously have an obsession for yellow/bright skydancers lol

Yea definitely :D I would love to be pinged for the next nest! I should have enough room by that time. It would be neat to have a 'Nightdancer'. I'm already steaming up a bio lol. He/she would be the nightguard in the Aerius clan.

Oh when I do get one next nest. When finding a mate do you want the mate also to be a "Nightdancer"? For lineage purposes you know.
93158198.png Zeph (26)
They/Them
FR time +3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8