Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Old Dragon Collectors Association
1 2 ... 539 540 541 542 543 ... 746 747
@SpaceSnakes

That's a topic that a lot of ppl feel differently about. I'll start by saying that it does NOT devalue a dragon. However, many sellers erroneously believe that it ADDS value to their dragon when they attempt to sell it. It's not talked about on auction threads very much because it's hard not to sound rude when saying it, but buyers are frequently frustrated when the cost of Genes is added to a dragon when it's likely just going to get re-gened by the new owner anyway. If someone gives an oldie all Gem genes, I can't justify paying for that since it's likely not my end plan for the dragon once it's mine. No matter what kind of dragon we're talking about, Genes are and always have been a money sink. Genes frequently cost more than what the dragon itself is worth. I would like to see sellers acknowledging this more often instead of over-charging for dragons because they added scrolls to it.

The same goes for Scatter Scrolls. It was a money sink to begin with and the end result, no matter how gorgeous, is almost always not worth the price it took to get there. I scattered one of my 5 digits 28 times before deciding to sell him. He was STILL only worth 6-8kG. Doesn't matter how much I spent on him. I did it for fun I did have fun. I'd never ask someone else to pay for the fun I had. You'd be surprised how often it happens though!!!

/rant

So imo, Gene scrolls being added to an oldie, even if its all Gem genes, do not and should not affect the value of the dragon in any way.
@SpaceSnakes

That's a topic that a lot of ppl feel differently about. I'll start by saying that it does NOT devalue a dragon. However, many sellers erroneously believe that it ADDS value to their dragon when they attempt to sell it. It's not talked about on auction threads very much because it's hard not to sound rude when saying it, but buyers are frequently frustrated when the cost of Genes is added to a dragon when it's likely just going to get re-gened by the new owner anyway. If someone gives an oldie all Gem genes, I can't justify paying for that since it's likely not my end plan for the dragon once it's mine. No matter what kind of dragon we're talking about, Genes are and always have been a money sink. Genes frequently cost more than what the dragon itself is worth. I would like to see sellers acknowledging this more often instead of over-charging for dragons because they added scrolls to it.

The same goes for Scatter Scrolls. It was a money sink to begin with and the end result, no matter how gorgeous, is almost always not worth the price it took to get there. I scattered one of my 5 digits 28 times before deciding to sell him. He was STILL only worth 6-8kG. Doesn't matter how much I spent on him. I did it for fun I did have fun. I'd never ask someone else to pay for the fun I had. You'd be surprised how often it happens though!!!

/rant

So imo, Gene scrolls being added to an oldie, even if its all Gem genes, do not and should not affect the value of the dragon in any way.
6Sx7SSv.png
@cooneyms
Thats fair enough! Thank you very much for your input!
I personally wasn't going to attempt to regene my guy, because I felt like his original genes and colors were part of his charm. I think he looks handsome with his Speckle/Eye Spots. It just shows how old he is... Before we had all these fancy aesthetic genes.
I am going to be adding some lore to his bio, and I've been adding a lot of art, just to give him some love <3 I also plan on leveling him to level 25.
@cooneyms
Thats fair enough! Thank you very much for your input!
I personally wasn't going to attempt to regene my guy, because I felt like his original genes and colors were part of his charm. I think he looks handsome with his Speckle/Eye Spots. It just shows how old he is... Before we had all these fancy aesthetic genes.
I am going to be adding some lore to his bio, and I've been adding a lot of art, just to give him some love <3 I also plan on leveling him to level 25.
@SpaceSnakes

The old genes def don't get enough love! I love updating my oldies but I also appreciate all my Clown kids haha.
@SpaceSnakes

The old genes def don't get enough love! I love updating my oldies but I also appreciate all my Clown kids haha.
6Sx7SSv.png
@cooneyms
Shoot, I still love Clown! I also have a dragon who has Clown/Eye Spots, even though she isn't an oldie.
@cooneyms
Shoot, I still love Clown! I also have a dragon who has Clown/Eye Spots, even though she isn't an oldie.
Omg yes, I agree with everything you said %100000, Cooneyms, my friend. I understand people want to make a profit on their dragons and can of course charge whatever they want, but personally speaking I almost always have my own plans for a dragon, whether it's been gened or scattered or whatever, and I don't want to have to pay for the sellers project and mine :\

I'm just so glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way :'D
Omg yes, I agree with everything you said %100000, Cooneyms, my friend. I understand people want to make a profit on their dragons and can of course charge whatever they want, but personally speaking I almost always have my own plans for a dragon, whether it's been gened or scattered or whatever, and I don't want to have to pay for the sellers project and mine :\

I'm just so glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way :'D
2Pt1rRp.png

ex5BGkW.png
@phoeniixfire @rogue

Please add me to the pinglist for 7-digit dragons :)
@phoeniixfire @rogue

Please add me to the pinglist for 7-digit dragons :)
@Rhamnus You've been added.
@Rhamnus You've been added.
@warthog: updated!
@warthog: updated!
IMG_0247.jpg
@Rogue
Could I be added to the pinglists, please? All of them would be ideal, if that's possible.
@Rogue
Could I be added to the pinglists, please? All of them would be ideal, if that's possible.
@Burmecia sorry for the delay, you've been added to all lists!
@Burmecia sorry for the delay, you've been added to all lists!
IMG_0247.jpg
1 2 ... 539 540 541 542 543 ... 746 747