Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] Tome of the Sunbeam Scholars Clan
[b]Summary:[/b] After a strange Guardian crash-lands in her territory, Maja the Mirror is suddenly faced with a choice: continue her life of solitude, or live in a Clan life. The decision turns out to be harder than she thought it would be. ----- [b]Characters[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55074779][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/550748/55074779.png[/img][/url] [b]Maja[/b] - a cisgender lesbian Mirror female. She is a child of the Lightweaver, and has lived alone all her life. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55074780][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/550748/55074780.png[/img][/url] [b]Maxene[/b] - a transgender lesbian Guardian female. She was kicked out of her old Clan for reasons unknown, and crash-landed trying to find her Charge. ----- [b]Chapters[/b] Chapter One - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2750957/1#post_40607859]Link[/url] Chapter Two - In Progress ----- [b]Pinglist[/b] None yet! Be the first?
Summary: After a strange Guardian crash-lands in her territory, Maja the Mirror is suddenly faced with a choice: continue her life of solitude, or live in a Clan life. The decision turns out to be harder than she thought it would be.
Characters

55074779.png
Maja - a cisgender lesbian Mirror female. She is a child of the Lightweaver, and has lived alone all her life.

55074780.png
Maxene - a transgender lesbian Guardian female. She was kicked out of her old Clan for reasons unknown, and crash-landed trying to find her Charge.
Chapters

Chapter One - Link
Chapter Two - In Progress
Pinglist

None yet! Be the first?
Bio Layouts by Me | 30 hatchlings - a lorelocke | assorted g1s sale | sales thread non g1s | moodboards, free | exalt rescue: doubles and triples only | but3_by_aqua_spirit22-dc424fa.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55074779][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/550748/55074779.png[/img][/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55074780][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/550748/55074780.png[/img][/url] [font=calibri]Maja was born alone, and figured that was just how life was supposed to be. She had never known anything other than being alone, after all. A child of the Lightweaver, a first generation Mirror left to fend for herself. The Lightweaver had far too many children to possibly love for and care for all of them, after all. And Maja was nothing special. A Plaguebringer spawn born of Light. The den she occupied was small, but it was cozy. Big enough for her and her only, for the time being at least. Why would she need to make it any bigger? It wasn't like anyone was going to be joining her anytime soon. She was alone, and she always would be. She knew not of the stories of Mirrors and their packs. She knew very little, in all honesty. Her life had been quite sheltered. That was until the day a stranger quite literally crashed into her life. Maja woke to the sound of something huge slamming into the side of her den and skidding around the front. For a moment, she sat perfectly still, not wanting to alert whatever it was to her presence. She'd heard the stories of Emperors, at least, knew that at times they would roam as far as the Sundial Terrace. She just hoped that one hadn't decided to make a detour here. The sound of flapping wings broke her from her thoughts. Whatever it was didn't sound ghastly. Cautiously, Maja approached the entrance to the den, trying to get a good glimpse at what was outside of her dwelling. As it turned out, the noise wasn't coming from an Emperor after all. In fact, this dragon wasn't even the right species to become an Emperor: they were a Guardian who had become tangled in the nets Maja set around her den to keep Beastclans and other predators from wandering in. So far, she hadn't had a problem, but by the way the Guardian was thrashing about, it seemed as though the defenses were working quite well. "Can you help me? I'm very sorry for intruding, but I had to make an emergency landing and I kind of got tangled up in here," the Guardian explained. From the voice, they sounded feminine, but Maja made no judgement as she continued her approach. "It'd be really nice if you could just cut these strings..." "State your business here," Maja replied. "First and foremost, before I even think about letting you out. If you're a threat to my land I won't hesitate in taking you out right here." She narrowed her eyes. "But I'd untie you first. It wouldn't be a fair fight with your wings and legs all caught up like that." The Guardian laughed nervously. "Good to know you'd want to make it fair." It was clear from her tone that she knew she did not have the upper claw right now, and Maja was glad for that. The Mirror trotted over to the downed Guardian and started to work on cutting her loose, starting with the strings and rope wrapped around her wings. "So, um," the Guardian started to say, voice clearly nervous from the way it trembled. "My name is Maxene, I was flying around when I thought I felt my charge, so I came in to land and uh... well, you know the rest. What's your name? Do you live here alone?" "You ask many questions," Maja responded simply. "And you talk a lot. My name is Maja, I live here alone just like I always have. Don't you live alone, too?" "Well, I do now," Maxene said. "But it's really not common for dragons to live all by themselves like this, out in the middle of nowhere. I was a part of a pretty big Kingdom, in fact, I was the King's adviser!" She smiled proudly and puffed out her chest a little (as well as she could, anyway, with the ropes still on her). Maja looked confused when she looked back at Maxene. "It's... not common for dragons to live alone? So we don't all live alone like I do?" It was her turn to ask questions now, it seemed, and Maxene nodded in response. "It's especially strange to see a Mirror alone. You've never had a pack or anything?" Maxene tilted her head. Maja felt a funny feeling in the pit of her stomach. "I don't even know what a pack is," she admitted. "I've never lived with anyone but myself. I hatched alone, and I trained alone. It's only been me my whole life." She cut the final tie keeping Maxene down, and the Guardian looked up, staring at her with concerned eyes. "That sounds sad. You don't even know what it's like to have friends?" Maxene asked. "You've never talked to another dragon or just... hung out with them?" Maja shrugged. "I go down to the trading post sometimes and talk to the dragons there," she murmured, feeling more than a little awkward at the moment. "But being a part of a Clan? No. Not ever." "Well... I don't have a Clan anymore," Maxene started to say. "I don't mean to intrude or anything, but I wouldn't mind staying here for a while. Also... my charge is nearby," she continued. "I could feel it, or them. I'd probably need to stick around, anyway." "Only if you want to," Maja replied, somewhat bashfully. She shuffled her paws in the dirt. "I don't have a lot of space in my den. We'll need to expand it, or find one for you to stay in..." Maxene laughed. "Ah, it's fine, I can sleep outside for the time being. Nothing's gonna get me out here, right? I'm probably one of the biggest things around." She waved a paw in the air as if to demonstrate. "But thanks for letting me stick around! It'll be nice to feel like I belong again." Maja nodded. "Just make sure you don't get in my way, or become a drag," she added. "You'll be expected to pull your weight. I want you to know that." "No problems there," Maxene said, then saluted afterwards. "You won't have any trouble with me."[/font]
55074779.png and 55074780.png

Maja was born alone, and figured that was just how life was supposed to be. She had never known anything other than being alone, after all. A child of the Lightweaver, a first generation Mirror left to fend for herself. The Lightweaver had far too many children to possibly love for and care for all of them, after all. And Maja was nothing special. A Plaguebringer spawn born of Light.

The den she occupied was small, but it was cozy. Big enough for her and her only, for the time being at least. Why would she need to make it any bigger? It wasn't like anyone was going to be joining her anytime soon. She was alone, and she always would be. She knew not of the stories of Mirrors and their packs. She knew very little, in all honesty. Her life had been quite sheltered.

That was until the day a stranger quite literally crashed into her life.

Maja woke to the sound of something huge slamming into the side of her den and skidding around the front. For a moment, she sat perfectly still, not wanting to alert whatever it was to her presence. She'd heard the stories of Emperors, at least, knew that at times they would roam as far as the Sundial Terrace. She just hoped that one hadn't decided to make a detour here.

The sound of flapping wings broke her from her thoughts. Whatever it was didn't sound ghastly. Cautiously, Maja approached the entrance to the den, trying to get a good glimpse at what was outside of her dwelling.

As it turned out, the noise wasn't coming from an Emperor after all. In fact, this dragon wasn't even the right species to become an Emperor: they were a Guardian who had become tangled in the nets Maja set around her den to keep Beastclans and other predators from wandering in. So far, she hadn't had a problem, but by the way the Guardian was thrashing about, it seemed as though the defenses were working quite well.

"Can you help me? I'm very sorry for intruding, but I had to make an emergency landing and I kind of got tangled up in here," the Guardian explained. From the voice, they sounded feminine, but Maja made no judgement as she continued her approach. "It'd be really nice if you could just cut these strings..."

"State your business here," Maja replied. "First and foremost, before I even think about letting you out. If you're a threat to my land I won't hesitate in taking you out right here." She narrowed her eyes. "But I'd untie you first. It wouldn't be a fair fight with your wings and legs all caught up like that."

The Guardian laughed nervously. "Good to know you'd want to make it fair." It was clear from her tone that she knew she did not have the upper claw right now, and Maja was glad for that. The Mirror trotted over to the downed Guardian and started to work on cutting her loose, starting with the strings and rope wrapped around her wings.

"So, um," the Guardian started to say, voice clearly nervous from the way it trembled. "My name is Maxene, I was flying around when I thought I felt my charge, so I came in to land and uh... well, you know the rest. What's your name? Do you live here alone?"

"You ask many questions," Maja responded simply. "And you talk a lot. My name is Maja, I live here alone just like I always have. Don't you live alone, too?"

"Well, I do now," Maxene said. "But it's really not common for dragons to live all by themselves like this, out in the middle of nowhere. I was a part of a pretty big Kingdom, in fact, I was the King's adviser!" She smiled proudly and puffed out her chest a little (as well as she could, anyway, with the ropes still on her).

Maja looked confused when she looked back at Maxene. "It's... not common for dragons to live alone? So we don't all live alone like I do?" It was her turn to ask questions now, it seemed, and Maxene nodded in response.

"It's especially strange to see a Mirror alone. You've never had a pack or anything?" Maxene tilted her head.

Maja felt a funny feeling in the pit of her stomach. "I don't even know what a pack is," she admitted. "I've never lived with anyone but myself. I hatched alone, and I trained alone. It's only been me my whole life." She cut the final tie keeping Maxene down, and the Guardian looked up, staring at her with concerned eyes.

"That sounds sad. You don't even know what it's like to have friends?" Maxene asked. "You've never talked to another dragon or just... hung out with them?"

Maja shrugged. "I go down to the trading post sometimes and talk to the dragons there," she murmured, feeling more than a little awkward at the moment. "But being a part of a Clan? No. Not ever."

"Well... I don't have a Clan anymore," Maxene started to say. "I don't mean to intrude or anything, but I wouldn't mind staying here for a while. Also... my charge is nearby," she continued. "I could feel it, or them. I'd probably need to stick around, anyway."

"Only if you want to," Maja replied, somewhat bashfully. She shuffled her paws in the dirt. "I don't have a lot of space in my den. We'll need to expand it, or find one for you to stay in..."

Maxene laughed. "Ah, it's fine, I can sleep outside for the time being. Nothing's gonna get me out here, right? I'm probably one of the biggest things around." She waved a paw in the air as if to demonstrate. "But thanks for letting me stick around! It'll be nice to feel like I belong again."

Maja nodded. "Just make sure you don't get in my way, or become a drag," she added. "You'll be expected to pull your weight. I want you to know that."

"No problems there," Maxene said, then saluted afterwards. "You won't have any trouble with me."
Bio Layouts by Me | 30 hatchlings - a lorelocke | assorted g1s sale | sales thread non g1s | moodboards, free | exalt rescue: doubles and triples only | but3_by_aqua_spirit22-dc424fa.png
@bugaloo uwu here's my lore
@bugaloo uwu here's my lore
tiny bump?
tiny bump?