Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The New Gods ~ A Pinkerlocke
1 2 3
[center][size=6]The New Gods ~ A Pinkerlocke[/size] [size=4] Welcome to my pinkerlocke! Let’s hope this one lasts haha. Anyway, onto the rules. They’re mostly the same, but I’ve changed some things. This challenge will be story based, but I'm probably not gonna write as much as my previous two since I don't want to get to invested into this without anyone ever seeing it. Also, I recommend that you read Shyrza's and Arach's bios, things will make a lot more sense if you do so.[/center] [quote name= Rules][list][*] A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted unless someone wants to take them. Either way, they are considered dead. If a new god dragon dies in the coliseum, a number is assigned to each non-new god dragon, and a random number is selected by a random number generator. The selected dragon will then die in the place of the new god. [*] There must be at least three dragons at all times, and not all of them can be new gods. If all of the non-new god dragons die, I will randomly select a breed, and choose one that is not the same flight that the breed is from. [*] The loot obtained from gathering is irrelevant, and the lott obtained from the coliseum will mostly be, unless it’s an interesting drop, in which case I might do something with it. [*] There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. [*] All pinkerlocke activity corresponds with the loot I obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile.[/list] [/quote] [quote name= Drops of Fate][list] [*] Food: Coliseum time! Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches [*] Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! [*] Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there. [*] Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) I will also be rolling for element as well for this challenge. 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak 15. Gaoler 1. Earth 2. Plague 3. Wind 4. Water 5. Lightning 6. Ice 7. Shadow 8. Light 9. Arcane 10. Nature 11. Fire [*] Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it or give it away. [*] Battle items: Uh-oh!!! Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.[/list] [/quote]
The New Gods ~ A Pinkerlocke

Welcome to my pinkerlocke! Let’s hope this one lasts haha. Anyway, onto the rules. They’re mostly the same, but I’ve changed some things. This challenge will be story based, but I'm probably not gonna write as much as my previous two since I don't want to get to invested into this without anyone ever seeing it. Also, I recommend that you read Shyrza's and Arach's bios, things will make a lot more sense if you do so.
Rules wrote:
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted unless someone wants to take them. Either way, they are considered dead. If a new god dragon dies in the coliseum, a number is assigned to each non-new god dragon, and a random number is selected by a random number generator. The selected dragon will then die in the place of the new god.
  • There must be at least three dragons at all times, and not all of them can be new gods. If all of the non-new god dragons die, I will randomly select a breed, and choose one that is not the same flight that the breed is from.
  • The loot obtained from gathering is irrelevant, and the lott obtained from the coliseum will mostly be, unless it’s an interesting drop, in which case I might do something with it.
  • There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
  • All pinkerlocke activity corresponds with the loot I obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile.
Drops wrote:
  • Food: Coliseum time!
    Plants: 10-20 matches
    Insects: 20-30 matches
    Seafood: 30-40 matches
    Meat: 40-50 matches
  • Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!
  • Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.
  • Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) I will also be rolling for element as well for this challenge.

1. Fae
    2. Guardian
    3. Mirror
    4. Pearlcatcher
    5. Ridgeback
    6. Tundra
    7. Spiral
    8. Imperial
    9. Snapper
    10. Wildclaw
    11. Nocturne
    12. Coatl
    13. Skydancer
    14. Bogsneak
    15. Gaoler

1. Earth
    2. Plague
    3. Wind
    4. Water
    5. Lightning
    6. Ice
    7. Shadow
    8. Light
    9. Arcane
    10. Nature
    11. Fire
  • Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it or give it away.
  • Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
    Heads = DEATH STREAK
    Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.
oaONRiZ.png Void | XmHV7tO.png | PobckJN.png | bYt72YT.png
[quote name=TheParty][list] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53059047] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/530591/53059047_350.png[/img] [/url] Shyrza, like most Plague dragons, is a survivalist. She believes that if someone dies, that they were weak, and that this would happen sooner or later. Any of the other dragons that help on the quest to find the other new gods are just disposable to her, tools that can easily be replaced. She is a skilled huntress, blending in with the shadows and stalking her prey from a distance. She is also quite good and claw and talon fighting, but will use her magical abilities if necessary. Sometimes, if she’s feeling sneaky, she’ll touch an enemy with her liquid, and watch as they die. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52807533] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/528076/52807533_350.png[/img] [/url] Arach is a very fidgety and nervous dragon, though it’s hard to tell due to his monotone Fae voice. Back before he left with Shyrza on their quest, he didn’t have many friends, so he’s a bit socially awkward, but also tends to be very protective of anyone in the party. He’s very skilled with magic, and quite intelligent, and prefers to attack from a distance or carefully plan a trap rather than stalk through the woods all day or fight right up in someone's face. He’s still learning about all of his new powers, and is fascinated by every one of them, and makes sure to write about them in his book. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53243563] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/532436/53243563_350.png[/img] [/url] Kesthul is a bright, but naive young Coatl. Before he left with Arach and Shyrza, he was considered a prodigy, which was way he was attending Point’s Port Academy at the time. He really looks up to Arach, and sees him as his big brother, which was why he left with him in the first place. He’s not very strong, and his bright colors make him stand out a lot, but he’s an absolute monster when it comes to magic, though he doesn’t really realize how powerful he is. [/list][/center] [/quote]
TheParty wrote:

53059047_350.png
Shyrza, like most Plague dragons, is a survivalist. She believes that if someone dies, that they were weak, and that this would happen sooner or later. Any of the other dragons that help on the quest to find the other new gods are just disposable to her, tools that can easily be replaced. She is a skilled huntress, blending in with the shadows and stalking her prey from a distance. She is also quite good and claw and talon fighting, but will use her magical abilities if necessary. Sometimes, if she’s feeling sneaky, she’ll touch an enemy with her liquid, and watch as they die.

52807533_350.png
Arach is a very fidgety and nervous dragon, though it’s hard to tell due to his monotone Fae voice. Back before he left with Shyrza on their quest, he didn’t have many friends, so he’s a bit socially awkward, but also tends to be very protective of anyone in the party. He’s very skilled with magic, and quite intelligent, and prefers to attack from a distance or carefully plan a trap rather than stalk through the woods all day or fight right up in someone's face. He’s still learning about all of his new powers, and is fascinated by every one of them, and makes sure to write about them in his book.

53243563_350.png
Kesthul is a bright, but naive young Coatl. Before he left with Arach and Shyrza, he was considered a prodigy, which was way he was attending Point’s Port Academy at the time. He really looks up to Arach, and sees him as his big brother, which was why he left with him in the first place. He’s not very strong, and his bright colors make him stand out a lot, but he’s an absolute monster when it comes to magic, though he doesn’t really realize how powerful he is.
[quote name= Days] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/1#post_40089253]Day 0[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/1#post_40091227]Day 1 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454#post_40096788]Day 2 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40111788]Day 3 - Battle Day [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40122357]Day 4 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40136840]Day 5 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40148856]Day 6 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40170226]Day 7 - Battle Day [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40178369]Day 8 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40193611]Day 9 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40203435]Day 10 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2731454/2#post_40219678]Day 11[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/quote]
[quote name= PartySupplies][center] Things the party has, whether they be Pinkerlocke pulls, items in the coli that seemed useful/something they would keep. Or, whatever I feel like. Some items will be in the public supplies, and anyone can use said items. However, other items may belong to one singular dragon in their personal inventory. This includes apparel, familiars, and… other things. Some items may be now to the rest of the group. Others may not. Public Supplies: [item=Plague Bat] [item=Hellbender] [item=Satin Mouse] [item=Star-Nosed Mole] [item=Marsh Rabbit] [item=Snowshoe Rabbit] [item=Yellow Jumper] [item=Pharaoh Ant] [item=White Lace Honeybee] [item=Leaf Beetle] [item=Tachinid Fly] [item=Egghead Infiltrator] [item=Tuxedo Urchin] [item=Nebula Floaters] [item=Isopod] [item=Blue Ring Octopus] [item=Olympia Oyster] [item=Ruby Tetras] Shyrza’s Inventory: [item=Bloodstone Roundhorn] [item=Red Mantle] [item=Crimson Rogue Bracers] [item=Bloodscale Bracers] [item=Plague Tome] [item=Spirit of Plague] [item=Squirrel Skull] [item=Chimera Fangs] [item=Sparrow Skull] [item=Waterskin] [item=Plague Runestone] [item=Bonepriest Venom] [item=Blackened Warninghorn] [item=Expertly-Crafted Spear] [item=Ceremonial Scythe] [item=Stone Knife] [item=Behemoth Lance] Arach’s Inventory: [item=Genteel Azure Locket] [item=Silver Halfmoon Spectacles] [item=Arcane Tome] [item=Silver Springbok] [item=Intact Parchment] [item=Aged Tome] [item=Moonstone] [item=Pink Chalcedony] [item=Scroll Case] [item=Historical Text] [item=Long Form Poetry] Kesthul’s Inventory: [item=Mage's Peony Hat] [item=Mage's Peony Overcoat] [item=Bubbly Bisque Locket] [item=Myosotis Fox] [item=Stuffed Alstroemeria Fox] [item=Flowering Vulpine Plushie] [item=Stuffed mith] [item=Kelp Tender Plush] [item=Mammertee Plushie] [item=Phytocat Toy] [item=Tadhop Beanie] [item=Crocheted Tadhop Hat] [item=Bubbly Buddy] [item=Hydrena Watertoy] [/center] [/quote]
PartySupplies wrote:
Things the party has, whether they be Pinkerlocke pulls, items in the coli that seemed useful/something they would keep. Or, whatever I feel like. Some items will be in the public supplies, and anyone can use said items. However, other items may belong to one singular dragon in their personal inventory. This includes apparel, familiars, and… other things. Some items may be now to the rest of the group. Others may not.

Public Supplies:
Plague Bat Hellbender Satin Mouse Star-Nosed Mole Marsh Rabbit Snowshoe Rabbit Yellow Jumper Pharaoh Ant White Lace Honeybee Leaf Beetle Tachinid Fly Egghead Infiltrator Tuxedo Urchin Nebula Floaters Isopod Blue Ring Octopus Olympia Oyster Ruby Tetras

Shyrza’s Inventory:
Bloodstone Roundhorn Red Mantle Crimson Rogue Bracers Bloodscale Bracers Plague Tome Spirit of Plague Squirrel Skull Chimera Fangs Sparrow Skull Waterskin Plague Runestone Bonepriest Venom Blackened Warninghorn Expertly-Crafted Spear Ceremonial Scythe Stone Knife Behemoth Lance

Arach’s Inventory:
Genteel Azure Locket Silver Halfmoon Spectacles Arcane Tome Silver Springbok Intact Parchment Aged Tome Moonstone Pink Chalcedony Scroll Case Historical Text Long Form Poetry

Kesthul’s Inventory:
Mage's Peony Hat Mage's Peony Overcoat Bubbly Bisque Locket Myosotis Fox Stuffed Alstroemeria Fox Flowering Vulpine Plushie Stuffed Mith Kelp Tender Plush Mammertee Plushie Phytocat Toy Tadhop Beanie Crocheted Tadhop Hat Bubbly Buddy Hydrena Watertoy
[quote name=TheDead][center] Those who have passed onto the next life during the journey to find all of the new gods. To avoid spoilers, items of significance will be shown below, and link to the dragons exalted page, or to where they are now, if someone chooses to take them. However, this dragon will still be considered dead in the Pinkerlocke. No one has perished. Yet. [/center][/quote]
TheDead wrote:
Those who have passed onto the next life during the journey to find all of the new gods. To avoid spoilers, items of significance will be shown below, and link to the dragons exalted page, or to where they are now, if someone chooses to take them. However, this dragon will still be considered dead in the Pinkerlocke.

No one has perished. Yet.
[quote name=Pinglist]@DazzlingJupiter[/quote]
Pinglist wrote:
And another one just in case
And another one just in case
Day 0:

The strings of fate have not yet begun to play their song. For now, peace remains and death is kept at bay.

Arach fidgeted slightly as he unlocked his dorm room door, still quite rattled from what he had just experienced. No, it didn't really happen. You were just sleepwalking. It was just a crazy dream. Arach tried to assure himself as he opened his door, walked in, and nearly had a heart attack when he spotted Kesthul, his roommate, who he had momentarily forgotten about.

"Oh, hey Arach! You finished studying for the night?" The Coatl asked cheerfully, looking up from the book he had been reading. His familiar, a Myosotis Fox named Bloom also yipped a greeting at the Fae.

"Uh, yeah, I decided to end a bit early and get a good night's sleep." Arach laughed nervously, even with his monotone voice, and Kesthul gave him a look of concern.

"Are you alright? You seemed a bit rattled?"

"Oh, I'm fine! Just, uh, drank some coffee a bit to late into the evening." The Fae gave Kesthul a grin, trying to reassure his friend, which thankfully seemed to work, as the Coatl smiled back.

"Alright then. I was just about to head to be myself." He placed a bookmark in whatever he had been reading, and placed it behind his pillow. Arach made his way over to his own bed, and got a skeptical look from his own familiar, Aaron, a Silver Springbok, though he didn't seem to be in the mood to push his owner on it anymore for the night.

As Arach curled up, Kesthul blew out the candle by his bed, and plunged the room into darkness. Kesthul quickly fell asleep, and though Arach had not actually had any coffee recently, he was somewhat nervous about falling asleep, though eventually he was taken into a thankfully dreamless slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was an ungodly hour of the night when Arach heard their window squeak open. Still half asleep, he flipped over to see what was happening. Slinking into their room, was the glistening black figure of a mirror, the only color behind the dragon's brilliant red eyes and the strange, glass like container running from her neck down to her tail filled with a dark red liquid. In his sleepy state, Arach realized the container was the gene Capsule before he figured out that this dragon had broken into their room, evident by the open window behind her, the curtain dancing slightly in the breeze.

With a scream, Arach scrambled out from his covers, waking up Aaron, Bloom, and Kesthul as well. The two dragons scrambled around, panicked, trying to get a light on, not really paying to the Mirror as she watched them in slight amusement. Eventually, Kesthul lit a candle, lighting up the room, and allowing them to really see their infiltrator, who was not only wearing apparel, but carrying several bags with unknown contents.

Arach allowed magic to begin to form in his claws, in case she began to attack them. It felt strangely more powerful now, but he didn't really have time to think about that. "Who are you?" Arach asked nervously, though this was hard to tell with his monotone voice.

"I have come to collect you for our journey, to help me find the other new gods." Arach and Kesthul shot each other confused looks, not knowing what this strange looks, not knowing what this crazy dragoness was talking about.

"Don't think I can't sense it in you, Fae. I feel the powers granted to you but the deities. Your rebirth has occurred, just recently in fact."

"What are you talking about lady?" Arach backed up slightly frightened by the Mirror, and Kesthul moved a bit in front of him, wanting to protect his best friend. The mirror seemed to be getting annoyed.

"We don't have time for this. Come, Fae."

"Hey hey hey, wait a minute. I'm sorry ma'am, but Arach can't just leave, neither of us can." Kesthul tried to reason with the Mirror. Her eyes narrowed and focused onto him, not really having bothered to pay attention to him before this.

"This does not concern you Coatl. If you insist on getting in our way, I'll have no choice but to dispose of you." Kesthul's eyes widened as he Mirror allowed a drop of the liquid she carried to drip on the tip of her talon from her mouth, and began to approach Kesthul in a menacing manner. He began to back up some, but before he got far, Arach fluttered up in front of him, facing off against the Mirror, despite his fear.

"If you so much as touch him, I'll never come with you lady." The Mirror stopped, annoyed but somewhat impressed with Arach's sudden confidence.

"Very well. Now, quickly pack up, we must leave as soon as possible. If he must, the Coatl can come as well." The duo didn't really know how to get out of this, so they began to gather up their things and some food with some help from their familiars. Arach tried to convince Kesthul to stay there, but he refused, arguing that he couldn't just let his best friend head off with some stranger. The Mirror watched them dutifully as they packed, her own familiar, some sort of rat occasionally showing it's head before vanishing once again.

Eventually, they had everything packed, and despite their fears and worries, took off with the dragoness out their window and into the night the enveloped the Starfall Isles.

~~~~~~~~~~

Welp, let's hope this one lasts lol. @SpottedSorex You said you wanted to be pinged when this started, so, here ya go.
Day 0:

The strings of fate have not yet begun to play their song. For now, peace remains and death is kept at bay.

Arach fidgeted slightly as he unlocked his dorm room door, still quite rattled from what he had just experienced. No, it didn't really happen. You were just sleepwalking. It was just a crazy dream. Arach tried to assure himself as he opened his door, walked in, and nearly had a heart attack when he spotted Kesthul, his roommate, who he had momentarily forgotten about.

"Oh, hey Arach! You finished studying for the night?" The Coatl asked cheerfully, looking up from the book he had been reading. His familiar, a Myosotis Fox named Bloom also yipped a greeting at the Fae.

"Uh, yeah, I decided to end a bit early and get a good night's sleep." Arach laughed nervously, even with his monotone voice, and Kesthul gave him a look of concern.

"Are you alright? You seemed a bit rattled?"

"Oh, I'm fine! Just, uh, drank some coffee a bit to late into the evening." The Fae gave Kesthul a grin, trying to reassure his friend, which thankfully seemed to work, as the Coatl smiled back.

"Alright then. I was just about to head to be myself." He placed a bookmark in whatever he had been reading, and placed it behind his pillow. Arach made his way over to his own bed, and got a skeptical look from his own familiar, Aaron, a Silver Springbok, though he didn't seem to be in the mood to push his owner on it anymore for the night.

As Arach curled up, Kesthul blew out the candle by his bed, and plunged the room into darkness. Kesthul quickly fell asleep, and though Arach had not actually had any coffee recently, he was somewhat nervous about falling asleep, though eventually he was taken into a thankfully dreamless slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was an ungodly hour of the night when Arach heard their window squeak open. Still half asleep, he flipped over to see what was happening. Slinking into their room, was the glistening black figure of a mirror, the only color behind the dragon's brilliant red eyes and the strange, glass like container running from her neck down to her tail filled with a dark red liquid. In his sleepy state, Arach realized the container was the gene Capsule before he figured out that this dragon had broken into their room, evident by the open window behind her, the curtain dancing slightly in the breeze.

With a scream, Arach scrambled out from his covers, waking up Aaron, Bloom, and Kesthul as well. The two dragons scrambled around, panicked, trying to get a light on, not really paying to the Mirror as she watched them in slight amusement. Eventually, Kesthul lit a candle, lighting up the room, and allowing them to really see their infiltrator, who was not only wearing apparel, but carrying several bags with unknown contents.

Arach allowed magic to begin to form in his claws, in case she began to attack them. It felt strangely more powerful now, but he didn't really have time to think about that. "Who are you?" Arach asked nervously, though this was hard to tell with his monotone voice.

"I have come to collect you for our journey, to help me find the other new gods." Arach and Kesthul shot each other confused looks, not knowing what this strange looks, not knowing what this crazy dragoness was talking about.

"Don't think I can't sense it in you, Fae. I feel the powers granted to you but the deities. Your rebirth has occurred, just recently in fact."

"What are you talking about lady?" Arach backed up slightly frightened by the Mirror, and Kesthul moved a bit in front of him, wanting to protect his best friend. The mirror seemed to be getting annoyed.

"We don't have time for this. Come, Fae."

"Hey hey hey, wait a minute. I'm sorry ma'am, but Arach can't just leave, neither of us can." Kesthul tried to reason with the Mirror. Her eyes narrowed and focused onto him, not really having bothered to pay attention to him before this.

"This does not concern you Coatl. If you insist on getting in our way, I'll have no choice but to dispose of you." Kesthul's eyes widened as he Mirror allowed a drop of the liquid she carried to drip on the tip of her talon from her mouth, and began to approach Kesthul in a menacing manner. He began to back up some, but before he got far, Arach fluttered up in front of him, facing off against the Mirror, despite his fear.

"If you so much as touch him, I'll never come with you lady." The Mirror stopped, annoyed but somewhat impressed with Arach's sudden confidence.

"Very well. Now, quickly pack up, we must leave as soon as possible. If he must, the Coatl can come as well." The duo didn't really know how to get out of this, so they began to gather up their things and some food with some help from their familiars. Arach tried to convince Kesthul to stay there, but he refused, arguing that he couldn't just let his best friend head off with some stranger. The Mirror watched them dutifully as they packed, her own familiar, some sort of rat occasionally showing it's head before vanishing once again.

Eventually, they had everything packed, and despite their fears and worries, took off with the dragoness out their window and into the night the enveloped the Starfall Isles.

~~~~~~~~~~

Welp, let's hope this one lasts lol. @SpottedSorex You said you wanted to be pinged when this started, so, here ya go.
[center]Day 1: [item= Display Plumes] [i]A scarlet trail in the sky intimidates and impresses, if you're into that sort of thing.[/i][/center] [center]~~~~~~~~~~[/center] [center]The group flew through the night, and by the time dawn begun to approach, Arach and Kesthul were exhausted. Noticing the two were lagging behind, Shyrza began to fly down to an empty sector or grass at the bottom of Focal Point, no sign of any other dragons as far as the group could see. Arach nearly passed out as soon as he landed, his small body not built for long flight on such low energy, but his familiar helped prop him up. Aaron carefully pushed him up onto a log, where he promptly feel asleep. His familiar softly snorted, slightly annoyed, but curled up next to the log and fell asleep quickly as well. Kesthul was also tired, but he was also quite hungry. He rummaged around in his food bag a bit before pulling out a Ruby Tetra. He was so hungry he was about to eat in raw, when he was stopped by Shyrza. "You'll make yourself sick eating it like that." She snatched the fish away from the Coatl, who wanted to protest, but didn't want to annoy Shyrza, so he said nothing. The Mirror went off for a bit, and soon returned with some sticks and rocks. She lined the rocks up in a circle before tossing all but a few sticks into said circle. "What does the fox eat?" She asked as she began rummaging in her bag. "Uh, meat." Kesthul didn't know how she was going to start a fire, seeing as she was a Plague dragon. She pulled out a Snowshoe Hare and a Satin Mouse, and stabbed them all through a stick each of them, which caused Kesthul to flinch back in surprise. Setting those sticks down, she pick up two more, and began to rub the together next to the other sticks in the circle. Soon enough, the sticks rubbing together caused a spark, and suddenly, there was a decent sized before him. "How did you do that?" Kesthul asked Shyrza, looking at the fire in awe. "Simple friction." Shyrza replied, picking up the sticks and holding them carefully over the fire, rotating them occasionally. Kesthul watched this, until the food was cooked to her satisfaction. She passed him the sticks with the Tetra and Mouse before tearing into her own. Kesthul placed the Mouse stick on the ground so Bloom could eat it, which she happily did. Kesthul began eating his nervously, but upon deciding it didn't taste like it would kill him, he began to dig in. Before long, the group was finished eating. Bloom curled next to the fire, falling asleep happily warm. The two dragons just laid their for a while, staring into the fire together. "Shyrza." She said after a while of silence, not looking away from the fire for a moment. Kesthul was slightly taken aback by this, and I took him a few moments to understand what she was saying. "I'm Kesthul. That's Arach." He gestured his head towards his sleeping best friend. There was a bit more silence, before Kesthul laid down his head, his eyes dropping, and fell asleep. Shyrza waited for the fire to die down low enough to were it couldn't get out of hand before at last allowing herself to sleep as well.[/center]
Day 1:

Display Plumes

A scarlet trail in the sky intimidates and impresses, if you're into that sort of thing.
~~~~~~~~~~
The group flew through the night, and by the time dawn begun to approach, Arach and Kesthul were exhausted. Noticing the two were lagging behind, Shyrza began to fly down to an empty sector or grass at the bottom of Focal Point, no sign of any other dragons as far as the group could see.

Arach nearly passed out as soon as he landed, his small body not built for long flight on such low energy, but his familiar helped prop him up. Aaron carefully pushed him up onto a log, where he promptly feel asleep. His familiar softly snorted, slightly annoyed, but curled up next to the log and fell asleep quickly as well.

Kesthul was also tired, but he was also quite hungry. He rummaged around in his food bag a bit before pulling out a Ruby Tetra. He was so hungry he was about to eat in raw, when he was stopped by Shyrza.

"You'll make yourself sick eating it like that." She snatched the fish away from the Coatl, who wanted to protest, but didn't want to annoy Shyrza, so he said nothing. The Mirror went off for a bit, and soon returned with some sticks and rocks. She lined the rocks up in a circle before tossing all but a few sticks into said circle. "What does the fox eat?" She asked as she began rummaging in her bag.

"Uh, meat." Kesthul didn't know how she was going to start a fire, seeing as she was a Plague dragon. She pulled out a Snowshoe Hare and a Satin Mouse, and stabbed them all through a stick each of them, which caused Kesthul to flinch back in surprise. Setting those sticks down, she pick up two more, and began to rub the together next to the other sticks in the circle. Soon enough, the sticks rubbing together caused a spark, and suddenly, there was a decent sized before him. "How did you do that?" Kesthul asked Shyrza, looking at the fire in awe.

"Simple friction." Shyrza replied, picking up the sticks and holding them carefully over the fire, rotating them occasionally. Kesthul watched this, until the food was cooked to her satisfaction. She passed him the sticks with the Tetra and Mouse before tearing into her own. Kesthul placed the Mouse stick on the ground so Bloom could eat it, which she happily did. Kesthul began eating his nervously, but upon deciding it didn't taste like it would kill him, he began to dig in. Before long, the group was finished eating. Bloom curled next to the fire, falling asleep happily warm. The two dragons just laid their for a while, staring into the fire together.

"Shyrza." She said after a while of silence, not looking away from the fire for a moment. Kesthul was slightly taken aback by this, and I took him a few moments to understand what she was saying.

"I'm Kesthul. That's Arach." He gestured his head towards his sleeping best friend. There was a bit more silence, before Kesthul laid down his head, his eyes dropping, and fell asleep. Shyrza waited for the fire to die down low enough to were it couldn't get out of hand before at last allowing herself to sleep as well.
[center]Day 2: [item=Ambush] [i]Grants the dragon the ability to strike first when a battle begins. After this attack, they will fall to their normal place in the turn line-up.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ Oh boy, isn't this exciting? I flipped a coin, and, thankfully, it was tails, so death hasn't come for us yet. ~~~~~~~~~~ In the morning, things were calm. Everyone ate breakfast in silence, things still somewhat tense despite Kesthul's interactions the Shyrza the previous night. As the was about to head out, Shyrza halted. Carefully dropping down her bags, she made a signal for the other two to keep quiet as she entered a crouched position and began to silently stalk something. Arach and Kesthul shared a glance, not wanting to say anything, but very curious to what Shyrza was doing. Suddenly, Shyrza lunged forward and something in the nearby brush, and a Centaur foal burst out from it, running away, presumably back to it's herd. Shyrza, surprisingly, did not give chase, and just watched as it galloped away. "Won't it's herd be mad at us for doing that?" Kesthul asked. "No, we'll be long gone by then, and I think it's mother will be more mad and her child for getting so close to strange dragons than anything else." Shyrza replied, picking her bags back up. "Now, come on, we should get moving." And with that, the dragons took off into the sky once again.[/center]
Day 2:

Ambush

Grants the dragon the ability to strike first when a battle begins. After this attack, they will fall to their normal place in the turn line-up.

~~~~~~~~~~

Oh boy, isn't this exciting? I flipped a coin, and, thankfully, it was tails, so death hasn't come for us yet.

~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning, things were calm. Everyone ate breakfast in silence, things still somewhat tense despite Kesthul's interactions the Shyrza the previous night. As the was about to head out, Shyrza halted. Carefully dropping down her bags, she made a signal for the other two to keep quiet as she entered a crouched position and began to silently stalk something.

Arach and Kesthul shared a glance, not wanting to say anything, but very curious to what Shyrza was doing.

Suddenly, Shyrza lunged forward and something in the nearby brush, and a Centaur foal burst out from it, running away, presumably back to it's herd. Shyrza, surprisingly, did not give chase, and just watched as it galloped away.

"Won't it's herd be mad at us for doing that?" Kesthul asked.

"No, we'll be long gone by then, and I think it's mother will be more mad and her child for getting so close to strange dragons than anything else." Shyrza replied, picking her bags back up. "Now, come on, we should get moving." And with that, the dragons took off into the sky once again.
1 2 3