Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Archives of the Ravenwatchers (Art+Lore)
1 2 3 4
[center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/wpodcv1c1tnfg7t/shadowh7.png[/img] Vast caverns of stone, a massive glass paneled ceiling enchanted to cast sunlight into the archives below, and countless shelves of scrolls and books. Many of the ancient scrolls appear heavily stained, and seem to be on the verge of falling apart at a touch. There is a section with newer scrolls; not as richly filled as the rest of the cavern, but nonetheless still functioning as it is supposed to be. It was a long journey through the dark woods, but being able to enter these archives alone was worth it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=63051] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/631/63051_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=purple]Welcome to the archives of the Ravenwatchers, here you will find a collection of the clan's records, history, and various illustrations, all compiled in a single location for ease of access by visitors. [/color] [quote=Archive Mailing List][/quote] Visitors are free to leave comments as all media posts will be linked. [size=2]Reminder to self: Draw new banners for the thread[/size] [/center]
shadowh7.png
Vast caverns of stone, a massive glass paneled ceiling enchanted to cast sunlight into the archives below, and countless shelves of scrolls and books. Many of the ancient scrolls appear heavily stained, and seem to be on the verge of falling apart at a touch. There is a section with newer scrolls; not as richly filled as the rest of the cavern, but nonetheless still functioning as it is supposed to be. It was a long journey through the dark woods, but being able to enter these archives alone was worth it.

63051_350.png

Welcome to the archives of the Ravenwatchers, here you will find a collection of the clan's records, history, and various illustrations, all compiled in a single location for ease of access by visitors.
Archive Mailing List wrote:

Visitors are free to leave comments as all media posts will be linked.

Reminder to self: Draw new banners for the thread
Untitled-1.png140ebfe390e20e35991f0519b6cf34b982f6398e.png
Library
Browse the records of the Ravenwatchers, listed in chronological order for your convenience. Do remember to return the books back where you found them.

History
Rebirth (1)(2)

Records
Of Shadow and Ice (1)
Chasing the Dark (1) (2) (3)
When Pride Meets Desire (1) (2)
A New Year (1)(2)(3)
Library
Browse the records of the Ravenwatchers, listed in chronological order for your convenience. Do remember to return the books back where you found them.

History
Rebirth (1)(2)

Records
Of Shadow and Ice (1)
Chasing the Dark (1) (2) (3)
When Pride Meets Desire (1) (2)
A New Year (1)(2)(3)
To be repurposed

The gallery for the various members of the Ravenwatchers, with links to easily search for a specific dragon.

Dragons
Serenity | Elzranth | Alzaria | Idryianc |Risola
Osrene | Narione | Murus | Eskali | Xardril
Erelxa | Gilings | Agim | Dinrael
Carenoa | Taeriva | Quezra |
Robin | Grima

Gijinkas

Vandals will be sentenced to the tunnels of Shadow -Carenoa
To be repurposed

The gallery for the various members of the Ravenwatchers, with links to easily search for a specific dragon.

Dragons
Robin | Grima

Gijinkas

Vandals will be sentenced to the tunnels of Shadow -Carenoa
H I S T O R Y

[Will write eventually]
H I S T O R Y

[Will write eventually]
[center] Okay let's start with the dragoness at the beginning of everything, Szerione/Serenity [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/c6f9f5be8ca9804b1ad544f91f9984b5/d6e2d6a456f7a8d4-52/s640x960/cb25eaa9f822428e6aded055b58f3500adbf2554.png[/img] [color=purple]She renounced her old name to the Shadowbinder many, many years ago. In exchange, she received the power to manipulate and control the shadows unrivaled by other Shadow mages. She may be the smallest in the clan, but she is well able to take care of herself, and any wailing hatchling that approaches her. Which is very often, to her dismay. [/color] //image uploads will depend on my work schedule [s]seeing how I'm drawing them all during working hours[/s]// [/center]
Okay let's start with the dragoness at the beginning of everything, Szerione/Serenity
cb25eaa9f822428e6aded055b58f3500adbf2554.png
She renounced her old name to the Shadowbinder many, many years ago. In exchange, she received the power to manipulate and control the shadows unrivaled by other Shadow mages. She may be the smallest in the clan, but she is well able to take care of herself, and any wailing hatchling that approaches her. Which is very often, to her dismay.

//image uploads will depend on my work schedule seeing how I'm drawing them all during working hours//
[center][Size=5][font=britannica bold][b]R E B I R T H (1)[/b][/font][/size] "The world has changed so much. It must have been... several decades?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=14881&tab=dragon&did=63052]Elzranth[/url] huffed as he stretched out his expansive wings, shaking off the layers of dead leaves and dirt that coated them "The air has a different feeling compared to that which I remember," He craned his as the little mound of leaves by his side stirred and shook itself to reveal a petite, dirt-covered white dragon with fragile blue wings "[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=14881&tab=dragon&did=63051]Szerione[/url]." "Elzranth." She greeted her massive partner with a yawn "You're awake too. Odd." "Why was it odd? We were bound to awake eventually." Elzranth got to his feet, and a curtain of dirt and leaves fell off his shoulders onto Szerione "Sorry." He mumbled an apology when she shook it off and threw a twig at him. "The hibernal enchantment was supposed to keep this lair free of dirt, for one." Her sharp eyes caught a tiny scurrying movement and she swiftly snatched up a woodlouse "And it was supposed to deter non-draconic beings from entering at all." She crunched the insect in her jaws, flattening her side-crests in thought "Also the more my mind clears, the hungrier I'm getting. This was not supposed to happen. Something or someone messed with it." "Perhaps something was missing in your spell construction?" Elzranth shuffled his leathery wings uncomfotably "Befoe you answer, can we please go see if the food you stored into the vault is still edible? I don't want my first meal to be dusty, rotting leaves from the ground." To their relief, the clan vault's preservation spell was still untouched, and the food they had stored could still be eaten. As they filled their bellies gratefully, a movement in the shadows caught Szerione's eye and she turned to identify what it was. The clangrounds were supposed to be deserted, after the last of the Ravenwatchers had left for their new homes. Noticing her gaze, a insubstantial creature dotted with bioluminescent patches of fungi detached itself from the shadows and glided over towards her. Szerione recognized it as one of the Shadowbinder's acolytes. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/16493.png[/img] "What is it?" Elzranth looked up from the remnants of his meal as the creature gestured at the little Fae with dripping limbs, mumbling as it did so "A message so soon?" "It seems She's calling for me." Szerione tilted her head "I can't have done anything this time. We were both sleeping." The acolyte continued to gesture at her insistently. It did not look like it was going to leave until it had done what it had been sent out to do. "Alright, fine." She crunched up the last of her food and followed after it. A loud scraping of scales against stone told her that Elzranth was following after her too. The acolyte stopped in its tracks and made shooing motions at him. "Wait for me, I'll be back soon." "You're the one I am sworn to guard until my last days." Elzranth rumbled "Where you go, I go too." "Not to meet the Shadowbinder, oh no." She narrowed her eyes slightly "If She didn't call for you, you can't just appear before Her as you wish." "I will wait within earshot then. And keep a distance away from Her." He was unwavering "Even the youngest hatchlings know not to foolishly approach their Flight's reigning god. I would rather be with you and regret later, than let you go and still regret later." He lowered his head at the acolyte "I will be following my Charge wherever she goes, especially if it's dangerous." "She will never do anything to-" Szerione began only to be interrupted by the acolyte gesturing incomprehensively at Elzranth while making deep gurgling noises. It seemed a little upset; but after giving what looked and sounded like an angry harangue out of its system, it resumed leading them silently into the woods without another backward glance at the scarlet Guardian that was now tagging along behind. It was eternally dark 11 months of the year in the Tangled Woods; yet the further they walked the darker it seemed to get, until they could no longer see the twisted thorns and gnarled trees around them. After what felt like a week of walking silently, light seemed to return and they stepped out into the spacious crumbled ruins that the Shadowbinder has claimed for her own domain. Moss grew over toppled and stained columns of stone that had probably been made of polished stone an eternity ago. Liquid shadow seeped from cracks in the ground and gathered in murky pools all around. Bioluminescent fungi native to the woods grew abundantly at the base of grasping trees, and the thorny vines are as abundant here as they were back at home. Szerione had lived amongst the shadows for all her life, yet the darkness and uncertainty that she felt now was nothing like she had ever felt before. The only being on Sornieth capable of exuding such a presence is the Shadowbinder herself. She flattened her wings against her sides and lowered her head as she stepped forward. Elzranth had fallen behind, and was craning his neck uncertainly. He too, had sensed the power and instinctively knew not to take another step further. [/center]
R E B I R T H (1)

"The world has changed so much. It must have been... several decades?" Elzranth huffed as he stretched out his expansive wings, shaking off the layers of dead leaves and dirt that coated them "The air has a different feeling compared to that which I remember," He craned his as the little mound of leaves by his side stirred and shook itself to reveal a petite, dirt-covered white dragon with fragile blue wings "Szerione."

"Elzranth." She greeted her massive partner with a yawn "You're awake too. Odd."

"Why was it odd? We were bound to awake eventually." Elzranth got to his feet, and a curtain of dirt and leaves fell off his shoulders onto Szerione "Sorry." He mumbled an apology when she shook it off and threw a twig at him.

"The hibernal enchantment was supposed to keep this lair free of dirt, for one." Her sharp eyes caught a tiny scurrying movement and she swiftly snatched up a woodlouse "And it was supposed to deter non-draconic beings from entering at all." She crunched the insect in her jaws, flattening her side-crests in thought "Also the more my mind clears, the hungrier I'm getting. This was not supposed to happen. Something or someone messed with it."

"Perhaps something was missing in your spell construction?" Elzranth shuffled his leathery wings uncomfotably "Befoe you answer, can we please go see if the food you stored into the vault is still edible? I don't want my first meal to be dusty, rotting leaves from the ground."

To their relief, the clan vault's preservation spell was still untouched, and the food they had stored could still be eaten. As they filled their bellies gratefully, a movement in the shadows caught Szerione's eye and she turned to identify what it was. The clangrounds were supposed to be deserted, after the last of the Ravenwatchers had left for their new homes. Noticing her gaze, a insubstantial creature dotted with bioluminescent patches of fungi detached itself from the shadows and glided over towards her. Szerione recognized it as one of the Shadowbinder's acolytes.

16493.png

"What is it?" Elzranth looked up from the remnants of his meal as the creature gestured at the little Fae with dripping limbs, mumbling as it did so "A message so soon?"

"It seems She's calling for me." Szerione tilted her head "I can't have done anything this time. We were both sleeping." The acolyte continued to gesture at her insistently. It did not look like it was going to leave until it had done what it had been sent out to do. "Alright, fine." She crunched up the last of her food and followed after it. A loud scraping of scales against stone told her that Elzranth was following after her too. The acolyte stopped in its tracks and made shooing motions at him. "Wait for me, I'll be back soon."

"You're the one I am sworn to guard until my last days." Elzranth rumbled "Where you go, I go too."

"Not to meet the Shadowbinder, oh no." She narrowed her eyes slightly "If She didn't call for you, you can't just appear before Her as you wish."

"I will wait within earshot then. And keep a distance away from Her." He was unwavering "Even the youngest hatchlings know not to foolishly approach their Flight's reigning god. I would rather be with you and regret later, than let you go and still regret later." He lowered his head at the acolyte "I will be following my Charge wherever she goes, especially if it's dangerous."

"She will never do anything to-" Szerione began only to be interrupted by the acolyte gesturing incomprehensively at Elzranth while making deep gurgling noises. It seemed a little upset; but after giving what looked and sounded like an angry harangue out of its system, it resumed leading them silently into the woods without another backward glance at the scarlet Guardian that was now tagging along behind.

It was eternally dark 11 months of the year in the Tangled Woods; yet the further they walked the darker it seemed to get, until they could no longer see the twisted thorns and gnarled trees around them. After what felt like a week of walking silently, light seemed to return and they stepped out into the spacious crumbled ruins that the Shadowbinder has claimed for her own domain. Moss grew over toppled and stained columns of stone that had probably been made of polished stone an eternity ago. Liquid shadow seeped from cracks in the ground and gathered in murky pools all around. Bioluminescent fungi native to the woods grew abundantly at the base of grasping trees, and the thorny vines are as abundant here as they were back at home. Szerione had lived amongst the shadows for all her life, yet the darkness and uncertainty that she felt now was nothing like she had ever felt before. The only being on Sornieth capable of exuding such a presence is the Shadowbinder herself. She flattened her wings against her sides and lowered her head as she stepped forward. Elzranth had fallen behind, and was craning his neck uncertainly. He too, had sensed the power and instinctively knew not to take another step further.
[center][Size=5][font=britannica bold][b]R E B I R T H (2)[/b] [/font][/size] [Color=purple][i]My child, you have awoken at last.[/i][/color] A voice resounded through her mind. Even though her head was lowered, she could see the swirling shadows that pooled and formed the Shadowbinder's avatar.  Or at least, she assumed that the being that stood before her was an avatar; for what deity would meet a mere dragon personally? "You called for me, my Lady?" She was glad that her voice was incapable of showing fear, for it would have betrayed her feelings at the very first word. The Shadowbinder was no tyrant, but She was certainly an enigma to all dragonkind. But no one knows if or how she would ever react to anything; a casual word could either be a blessing or a curse from the Lady of the Shadows. Any interaction with Her would have to be done with the utmost care. [Color=purple][i]I was merely concerned. You were indispensable during the Beastclans' uprising so long ago, and you even kindly returned one of my attendants back to me before you suddenly disappeared.[/i][/color] The rich voice washed sweetly over her. [Color=purple][i]Of course anyone would wonder what had happened.[/i][/color] "How may this small one be of service to you?" She spoke politely, her head still lowered. She gulped nervously, waiting for what was about to come. The Shadowbinder was known to have given out perplexing orders to other dragons. Succeeding meant realm-wide recognition. Failing meant suffering the consequences depending on her mood. [Color=purple][i]So quick to get down to business, I guess you are among the more serious of my children after all.[/i][/color] A looping draconic form shrouded in shadow emerged and set down a large, well-drawn map at her feet before retreating back silently to disappear in the dark fog. [Color=purple][i]Something is stirring all about the Eleven Flights. The borders will need to be watched once more.[/i][/color] "You mean to manage a full clan again, my Lady?" Szerione's tail twitched in surprise at that request and she turned her head away from the shadow before her lest her widening eyes give her thoughts away "I'm honored you would entrust me with such a request, I- I'm just not sure I have the strength to follow through again. Especially after how I was unable to coninue doing my duty all those years ago." [Color=purple][i]If strength is all you need, I can give it to you freely.[/i][/color] Pools of shadow were slowly spreading all around her, encircling her in its darkness. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/742e3479a71e90c1a437b802b35df9a3/tumblr_pvjl4c5o7r1yqht7bo1_400.png[/img] "As you wish, my Lady." Szerione could see Elzranth anxiously watching their interaction, and silently willed for him to stay where he was no matter what happened to her next. "What do you wish in exchange?" [Color=purple][i]How about... your name.[/i][/color] The Shadowbinder's tone changed slightly. It was a subtle quirk, but still audible to those who listened. [Color=purple][i]You may call yourself anything you wish, but your name will no longer be yours.[/i][/color] "Is that really all?" Szerione knew that her Lady of Shadow had a mood that was fickle and unpredictable, but this was beyond her range of expectations. [Color=purple][i]You have given heart, clan, and even your family to me in service. Short of life and limb, there is nothing more I could possibly take from you.[/i][/color] Tendrils began growing from the shadows around Szerione's feet. [Color=purple][i]You know how these things work. You can't get anything for free.[/i][/color] The tendrils coiled themselves about her tail, wings, and neck, enveloping her whole being. She could feel a slight burning sensation where it touched her scales and let out an involuntary hiss of pain. Her vision clouded for a moment as something was pulled out from her inner being and she shut her eyes, shaking her head in an effort to clear her sight. Before she could comprehend what had been lost, something flowed in to replace the sensation of emptiness within. She took deep breaths to calm her pounding heart, and was surprised to feel how her small form seemed to now contain so much power. [Color=purple][i]Your mastery of the shadows is now unrivaled amongst the clans. If you wish, you may even pass the sharpest of eyes unseen if you keep to the shadows.[/i][/color] Just as suddenly as it had come, the pain had gone and the shadows slowly receding. [Color=purple][i]Your name is no longer yours, go and make a new name for yourself and your clan. Watch the borders well but remember to still have some fun. Wait-[/i][/color] The Fae had been slowly making her way back to Elzranth. She stopped in her tracks and slowly turned back. [Color=purple][i]You didn't think I'd forgot about my other visitor, did you? It would be uncharitable of me if I didn't give him something too.[/i][/color] "What- No, he- Elzranth!" In his concern for her well-being, Elzranth had stepped out into the Shadowbinder's clearing. Shadows were now wrapping themselves around the Guardian's large form, unbreaking despite his efforts to free himself. "I did nothing wrong! I was only acting out of concern for her!" He roared his defence towards the Shadowbinder's form. [Color=purple][i]Silly child. I was the one who formed you when you were still in your eggs. Why would you think I ever harm either of you?[/i][/color] A playful voice rebuked him. She could only flatten herself against the ground silently in fear as she watched the Guardian before her roar painfully as large curling antlers slowly grew from his head and limbs. His wings seemed to shrink, and thick mottled fur grew; covering the red scaling she had long grown used to. Now coated in a thick pelt, his tail lengthened and trashed against the leafy ground in his attempt to free himself. As the last of the shadows disappeared, Elzranth fell onto the ground exhausted, breathing heavily from his ordeal. The forest around them grew dark once more, and she heard a voice trailing away in her head. [Color=purple][i]Remember my commands, young one.[/i][/color] They had returned to the exact same place they had been earlier before their audience. "Elzranth, [i]what[/i] did She change you into... ?" She ran over and pushed away the long mane that now hung past his eyes. A pair of thick fangs jutted out from his lower jaw, agape as he breathed heavily. She reached for her magic and was surprised at how easily it now came to her. "Elzranth are you hurt anywhere?" She spread her claws over him, whispering to herself "Mend the unseen and return it to how it's meant to be." as she released the healing energies over him. "Szerione... I'm fine, I think. I'll get used to it. It's probably Her idea of amusement." He opened his eyes wearily as his strength returnd to him "Your eyes, what happened to them? " "That name no longer belongs to me. I have renounced it." She said without feeling "What is it about my eyes?" "They're so dark. Now there's only the smallest glimmer of colour left in them- your name no longer belongs to you? That's what She took? What name will you go by then?" "My new name?" She tilted her head in thought. "I... don't know. My old name was given to me, just like yours was. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go by another." Her crests fell and she sank down next to him, resting her head on his snout. "How about something for the new clan? One that represents the kind of place you wish for it to be?" He blinked slowly at her. "I want the new clan- no- the reborn Ravenwatchers to be one that is able to keep the Tangled Woods safe, yet does not shy away from having its own manner of fun." She spoke slowly, as if she were convincing herself of her resolve "Where dragons can still find shelter without fear. Yes, that sounds like it." "How about I give you your new name, dear heart." He blew a reassuring breath at her "Serenity. It even sounds a little like your old name, so it wouldn't be too hard to get used to it." "Serenity." She tested how it felt, and found that it was not too bad. "A new start. For the both of us." "Reborn into a place of peace and safety. Or as much as it can possibly be here in the Tangled Woods." Elzranth nudged her gently back to her feet "This forest is home to Sonieth's best tricksters and pranksters after all." "Led by none other than the best of them all." She straightened up and leaped onto the crown of his head "Serenity... I'll take it." She spread her wings proudly above her head "Shadowbinder!" She called towards the dark forests "The name that I will now claim as my own is Serenity! And I will guide the Ravenwatchers on as a clan of your Flight!" She momentarily lost her balance as Elzranth unsteadily reared up onto his hind legs to roar his reply at the forest. The Shadowbinder had long since returned to her hidden domain, but she could have sworn she felt a trickle of approval from the darkness beyond. It was a new start for her. For them. For the Ravenwatchers. [/center] [Size=2]Gosh it was hard writing the Shadowbinder :d[/size]
R E B I R T H (2)
My child, you have awoken at last. A voice resounded through her mind. Even though her head was lowered, she could see the swirling shadows that pooled and formed the Shadowbinder's avatar.  Or at least, she assumed that the being that stood before her was an avatar; for what deity would meet a mere dragon personally?

"You called for me, my Lady?" She was glad that her voice was incapable of showing fear, for it would have betrayed her feelings at the very first word. The Shadowbinder was no tyrant, but She was certainly an enigma to all dragonkind. But no one knows if or how she would ever react to anything; a casual word could either be a blessing or a curse from the Lady of the Shadows. Any interaction with Her would have to be done with the utmost care.

I was merely concerned. You were indispensable during the Beastclans' uprising so long ago, and you even kindly returned one of my attendants back to me before you suddenly disappeared. The rich voice washed sweetly over her. Of course anyone would wonder what had happened.

"How may this small one be of service to you?" She spoke politely, her head still lowered. She gulped nervously, waiting for what was about to come. The Shadowbinder was known to have given out perplexing orders to other dragons. Succeeding meant realm-wide recognition. Failing meant suffering the consequences depending on her mood.

So quick to get down to business, I guess you are among the more serious of my children after all. A looping draconic form shrouded in shadow emerged and set down a large, well-drawn map at her feet before retreating back silently to disappear in the dark fog. Something is stirring all about the Eleven Flights. The borders will need to be watched once more.

"You mean to manage a full clan again, my Lady?" Szerione's tail twitched in surprise at that request and she turned her head away from the shadow before her lest her widening eyes give her thoughts away "I'm honored you would entrust me with such a request, I- I'm just not sure I have the strength to follow through again. Especially after how I was unable to coninue doing my duty all those years ago."

If strength is all you need, I can give it to you freely. Pools of shadow were slowly spreading all around her, encircling her in its darkness.

tumblr_pvjl4c5o7r1yqht7bo1_400.png

"As you wish, my Lady." Szerione could see Elzranth anxiously watching their interaction, and silently willed for him to stay where he was no matter what happened to her next. "What do you wish in exchange?"

How about... your name. The Shadowbinder's tone changed slightly. It was a subtle quirk, but still audible to those who listened. You may call yourself anything you wish, but your name will no longer be yours.

"Is that really all?" Szerione knew that her Lady of Shadow had a mood that was fickle and unpredictable, but this was beyond her range of expectations.

You have given heart, clan, and even your family to me in service. Short of life and limb, there is nothing more I could possibly take from you. Tendrils began growing from the shadows around Szerione's feet. You know how these things work. You can't get anything for free. The tendrils coiled themselves about her tail, wings, and neck, enveloping her whole being. She could feel a slight burning sensation where it touched her scales and let out an involuntary hiss of pain. Her vision clouded for a moment as something was pulled out from her inner being and she shut her eyes, shaking her head in an effort to clear her sight. Before she could comprehend what had been lost, something flowed in to replace the sensation of emptiness within. She took deep breaths to calm her pounding heart, and was surprised to feel how her small form seemed to now contain so much power.

Your mastery of the shadows is now unrivaled amongst the clans. If you wish, you may even pass the sharpest of eyes unseen if you keep to the shadows. Just as suddenly as it had come, the pain had gone and the shadows slowly receding. Your name is no longer yours, go and make a new name for yourself and your clan. Watch the borders well but remember to still have some fun. Wait- The Fae had been slowly making her way back to Elzranth. She stopped in her tracks and slowly turned back. You didn't think I'd forgot about my other visitor, did you? It would be uncharitable of me if I didn't give him something too.

"What- No, he- Elzranth!" In his concern for her well-being, Elzranth had stepped out into the Shadowbinder's clearing. Shadows were now wrapping themselves around the Guardian's large form, unbreaking despite his efforts to free himself.

"I did nothing wrong! I was only acting out of concern for her!" He roared his defence towards the Shadowbinder's form.

Silly child. I was the one who formed you when you were still in your eggs. Why would you think I ever harm either of you? A playful voice rebuked him. She could only flatten herself against the ground silently in fear as she watched the Guardian before her roar painfully as large curling antlers slowly grew from his head and limbs. His wings seemed to shrink, and thick mottled fur grew; covering the red scaling she had long grown used to. Now coated in a thick pelt, his tail lengthened and trashed against the leafy ground in his attempt to free himself. As the last of the shadows disappeared, Elzranth fell onto the ground exhausted, breathing heavily from his ordeal. The forest around them grew dark once more, and she heard a voice trailing away in her head. Remember my commands, young one. They had returned to the exact same place they had been earlier before their audience.

"Elzranth, what did She change you into... ?" She ran over and pushed away the long mane that now hung past his eyes. A pair of thick fangs jutted out from his lower jaw, agape as he breathed heavily. She reached for her magic and was surprised at how easily it now came to her. "Elzranth are you hurt anywhere?" She spread her claws over him, whispering to herself "Mend the unseen and return it to how it's meant to be." as she released the healing energies over him.

"Szerione... I'm fine, I think. I'll get used to it. It's probably Her idea of amusement." He opened his eyes wearily as his strength returnd to him "Your eyes, what happened to them? "

"That name no longer belongs to me. I have renounced it." She said without feeling "What is it about my eyes?"

"They're so dark. Now there's only the smallest glimmer of colour left in them- your name no longer belongs to you? That's what She took? What name will you go by then?"

"My new name?" She tilted her head in thought. "I... don't know. My old name was given to me, just like yours was. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go by another." Her crests fell and she sank down next to him, resting her head on his snout.

"How about something for the new clan? One that represents the kind of place you wish for it to be?" He blinked slowly at her.

"I want the new clan- no- the reborn Ravenwatchers to be one that is able to keep the Tangled Woods safe, yet does not shy away from having its own manner of fun." She spoke slowly, as if she were convincing herself of her resolve "Where dragons can still find shelter without fear. Yes, that sounds like it."

"How about I give you your new name, dear heart." He blew a reassuring breath at her "Serenity. It even sounds a little like your old name, so it wouldn't be too hard to get used to it."

"Serenity." She tested how it felt, and found that it was not too bad. "A new start. For the both of us."

"Reborn into a place of peace and safety. Or as much as it can possibly be here in the Tangled Woods." Elzranth nudged her gently back to her feet "This forest is home to Sonieth's best tricksters and pranksters after all."

"Led by none other than the best of them all." She straightened up and leaped onto the crown of his head "Serenity... I'll take it." She spread her wings proudly above her head "Shadowbinder!" She called towards the dark forests "The name that I will now claim as my own is Serenity! And I will guide the Ravenwatchers on as a clan of your Flight!" She momentarily lost her balance as Elzranth unsteadily reared up onto his hind legs to roar his reply at the forest. The Shadowbinder had long since returned to her hidden domain, but she could have sworn she felt a trickle of approval from the darkness beyond.

It was a new start for her. For them. For the Ravenwatchers.

Gosh it was hard writing the Shadowbinder :d
[center] Heckign fire emblem dragons ((Characters belong to Nintendo's Fire Emblem: Awakening)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=14881&tab=dragon&did=20477754]Robin[/url]; strategist, mage, and mortal vessel to the fell dragon. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/91bccc6d8081505ea9bad5fc818d43a3/177878dcb1125fdc-4a/s640x960/33f9d0a4b8c699ee839ef85bd417a85bf1015aa8.png[/img] Speaking of fell dragons, meet [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=14881&did=19277985]Grima[/url] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a25b499f8c1c4e44791feaddaf78c521/45980dfd6d418bae-32/s640x960/9c51a5045bae81abed31912fb106dba7f2d9a3b3.png[/img] [/center]
Heckign fire emblem dragons
((Characters belong to Nintendo's Fire Emblem: Awakening))

Robin; strategist, mage, and mortal vessel to the fell dragon.
33f9d0a4b8c699ee839ef85bd417a85bf1015aa8.png

Speaking of fell dragons, meet Grima
9c51a5045bae81abed31912fb106dba7f2d9a3b3.png
[center] Erelxa, Second Wing and Logsmaster in-training [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4f8f7e1ff3d883aecbc2e40662c61bed/tumblr_pvsj2rwf4J1yqht7bo1_400.png[/img] [s]//oops I need to focus more on the dragon images since this [i]is[/i] a dragon verse hahah[/s] [/center]
Erelxa, Second Wing and Logsmaster in-training
tumblr_pvsj2rwf4J1yqht7bo1_400.png

//oops I need to focus more on the dragon images since this is a dragon verse hahah
[center] Miscellaneous art of a hatchling that sold recently! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54046350] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/3d5a37375f8b500ab72695d919b34a99/fe0bc4a56d298f1f-9a/s640x960/e8f04306e0fb82fb1ef5ada3a96370f705a3e25b.png[/img] [/url] Click to visit him in his new home! [/center]
Miscellaneous art of a hatchling that sold recently!

e8f04306e0fb82fb1ef5ada3a96370f705a3e25b.png

Click to visit him in his new home!
1 2 3 4