Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Elemental Initiative [gao lore]
Note: For the sake of my lore, I'm acting as though Gingerdoodle, Perrebaca, Wardone, and Carrots are Ice gaolers.
Ginger sat on the floor of her newly assigned room, ancient runes translating into modern tongue an odd book that sat before her. It took her painstaking long to read, having to translate every letter until she got used to the simplified words.

She was given this tome after her attempts to understand the reasoning behind two new Gaolers that have recently joined the compounds. She grew used to the company of Tabk quickly, but the younger one (who was yet to be named) still unnerved her. She hated their unnatural eyes, somehow. They were just so jarring, compaired to the cold blue and white eyes of the Gaolers she had always known.

And that's why she's reading this, she supposes. To understand why they would let something... unnatural as that come down.
The Elemental Expansion Initiative
Written by Yitzbul Frostfurr
Translated to Modern by Arbak Whoolwyrn

Before I begin, I have to apologize for the confusion I've likely given you. I understand how unnerving it may be to see dragons of your own species looking at you with eyes you've never seen. However, I stand on the affirmation that this will benefit our species greatly.

First, I state the obvious: our abilities are limited. Gaolers, as a species, were only truly capable of magic coming from the Icewardern's blessing- and for quite some time, they have suited us. We can control the ice and the ice prisions to our will, but what else?

Nothing, of course. That's where my plan hails. I have gathered together willing Gaoler parents to stay with and nest in clans across Sornieth to produce a newer generation. I call them the Initiates. At the time of my writing this, only the nest blessed by the Lightweaver has been hatched. A single egg to be sent to the chambers that have recently had a horrible thing occor to their head Warden.
Gingerdoodle paused for a moment. That must have been Tabk. She gave a sigh- this book would be too old to explain the little pink-eyed thing, then.

I am excited to write more observations as they come in.
The page ended there. Flipping it, she noticed a time stamp atop the page- much as she wrote. She was surprised to see the date listed as Cantormense- that was only last month, but Tabk had arrived early Aquamense. Maybe this would help.

The Light Gaoler has proved to be as helpful as I expecter her to be. Along with her, a couple more eggs have hatched. A Nature blessed was the second for my obversations, followed by a Wind born. I have to admit, I'm excited. In all my years I've never left the fridgid fumes of the Icefeilds, and now I'm traveling across Sornieth to document this!

Of course, I must add an actual update on the Light dragon. Her parents- who have elected to remain anonymous- have called her Tabk. Her fur glitters with a ruinic pattern. Nothing much more yet.
But what of Arcane? Gingerdoodle turned the page.

I have made my way to the Wyrmwood in time for the Plauge hatching! Unfortunately, it seems all our nests have been procuring a single egg. Though, that may be easier on our research.

I noticed that our Plauge hatchling bears a skeletal pattern. It's almost intriguing!

The page ended there. Gingerdoodle groaned to herself- would he ever bother to talk about what they could do? And the Arcane hatchling?

Aquamense 28. My apologies for the break. I chose to compile my research then write it all down.

I have split the elemental abilities they have shown into two groups: Weakeners and Wardeners. The Weakeners are the ideal element for Seekers and Sentries- Light, Lightning, Arcane, Plauge, and Shadow. (OOC note: links TBA). These have been found oddly adept at locating and weakening the Shade beings, if only long enough to transport them to the Ice prisons. The Wardeners are more suited for keeping them contained for long periods of time- Earth, Nature, Water, and obviously Ice. The remaining elements, Fire and Wind, I don't have enough data to place, though they may fit as a good middle ground.

I suppose my lack of fire evidence would be ironic.

The abilities of the elements specifically can be found in the coming pages, in order of hatching.

-- this is a wip! --
Note: For the sake of my lore, I'm acting as though Gingerdoodle, Perrebaca, Wardone, and Carrots are Ice gaolers.
Ginger sat on the floor of her newly assigned room, ancient runes translating into modern tongue an odd book that sat before her. It took her painstaking long to read, having to translate every letter until she got used to the simplified words.

She was given this tome after her attempts to understand the reasoning behind two new Gaolers that have recently joined the compounds. She grew used to the company of Tabk quickly, but the younger one (who was yet to be named) still unnerved her. She hated their unnatural eyes, somehow. They were just so jarring, compaired to the cold blue and white eyes of the Gaolers she had always known.

And that's why she's reading this, she supposes. To understand why they would let something... unnatural as that come down.
The Elemental Expansion Initiative
Written by Yitzbul Frostfurr
Translated to Modern by Arbak Whoolwyrn

Before I begin, I have to apologize for the confusion I've likely given you. I understand how unnerving it may be to see dragons of your own species looking at you with eyes you've never seen. However, I stand on the affirmation that this will benefit our species greatly.

First, I state the obvious: our abilities are limited. Gaolers, as a species, were only truly capable of magic coming from the Icewardern's blessing- and for quite some time, they have suited us. We can control the ice and the ice prisions to our will, but what else?

Nothing, of course. That's where my plan hails. I have gathered together willing Gaoler parents to stay with and nest in clans across Sornieth to produce a newer generation. I call them the Initiates. At the time of my writing this, only the nest blessed by the Lightweaver has been hatched. A single egg to be sent to the chambers that have recently had a horrible thing occor to their head Warden.
Gingerdoodle paused for a moment. That must have been Tabk. She gave a sigh- this book would be too old to explain the little pink-eyed thing, then.

I am excited to write more observations as they come in.
The page ended there. Flipping it, she noticed a time stamp atop the page- much as she wrote. She was surprised to see the date listed as Cantormense- that was only last month, but Tabk had arrived early Aquamense. Maybe this would help.

The Light Gaoler has proved to be as helpful as I expecter her to be. Along with her, a couple more eggs have hatched. A Nature blessed was the second for my obversations, followed by a Wind born. I have to admit, I'm excited. In all my years I've never left the fridgid fumes of the Icefeilds, and now I'm traveling across Sornieth to document this!

Of course, I must add an actual update on the Light dragon. Her parents- who have elected to remain anonymous- have called her Tabk. Her fur glitters with a ruinic pattern. Nothing much more yet.
But what of Arcane? Gingerdoodle turned the page.

I have made my way to the Wyrmwood in time for the Plauge hatching! Unfortunately, it seems all our nests have been procuring a single egg. Though, that may be easier on our research.

I noticed that our Plauge hatchling bears a skeletal pattern. It's almost intriguing!

The page ended there. Gingerdoodle groaned to herself- would he ever bother to talk about what they could do? And the Arcane hatchling?

Aquamense 28. My apologies for the break. I chose to compile my research then write it all down.

I have split the elemental abilities they have shown into two groups: Weakeners and Wardeners. The Weakeners are the ideal element for Seekers and Sentries- Light, Lightning, Arcane, Plauge, and Shadow. (OOC note: links TBA). These have been found oddly adept at locating and weakening the Shade beings, if only long enough to transport them to the Ice prisons. The Wardeners are more suited for keeping them contained for long periods of time- Earth, Nature, Water, and obviously Ice. The remaining elements, Fire and Wind, I don't have enough data to place, though they may fit as a good middle ground.

I suppose my lack of fire evidence would be ironic.

The abilities of the elements specifically can be found in the coming pages, in order of hatching.

-- this is a wip! --
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
[quote= Elemental Abilities] [center][i]Light[/i][/center] [/quote]
Elemental Abilities wrote:
Light

Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
resere post
resere post
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
open to discussion! i'm drawing rn, so i put the writing on hold. tell me what ya'll think so far!
open to discussion! i'm drawing rn, so i put the writing on hold. tell me what ya'll think so far!
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52613596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/526136/52613596_350.png[/img] [/url] "The Wind Gaoler has taken to wearing frilly garments and talking about something called Mountain Dew." (you'll probably want something less silly though)

52613596_350.png

"The Wind Gaoler has taken to wearing frilly garments and talking about something called Mountain Dew."
(you'll probably want something less silly though)
LIo8D8G.gif
hey everyone that might read this! because i feel like i can, im going to rewrite this whole thing!

because of that, im gonna ask yall for help!

all i really need are two things:
a gaoler from each element sans light and arcane! do note that I'm not asking to purchase. I'm asking to use them for lore. it's free lore. you can even ask me to write it a certian way and have it do certian things.

critique! please. tell me what im doing wrong. tell me what im doing right. tell me if i should redo Yitzbul and Arbak's scries

thank you!

(im going to sleep rn, so ill reply to anything in the morning ^^)
hey everyone that might read this! because i feel like i can, im going to rewrite this whole thing!

because of that, im gonna ask yall for help!

all i really need are two things:
a gaoler from each element sans light and arcane! do note that I'm not asking to purchase. I'm asking to use them for lore. it's free lore. you can even ask me to write it a certian way and have it do certian things.

critique! please. tell me what im doing wrong. tell me what im doing right. tell me if i should redo Yitzbul and Arbak's scries

thank you!

(im going to sleep rn, so ill reply to anything in the morning ^^)
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415