Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Predicting Future Gem Guardians
1 2
Ever since the Sundial Gem Guardian was revealed, I fell in love with its design. [img]http://img4.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/1/q/8/1q8p4ngt4yjgmo.png[/img] I mean how could I not? It is flipping adorable! So I am taking it upon myself to predict the gem guardians of the holidays in order. Starting with the Lightning flight gem guardian which will hopefully revealed on the Thundercrack Carnivale. First I compiled some the iconic holiday familiars, the lightning eggs, nest, and the charged blue rock (Which I pick cause it looked really cool) along with the sundial gem guardian. [img]http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/x/l/x/xlxh402urhw87.png[/img] Gem guardian = GG Then I made a base using the Sundial GG to have the basic features of the GG to work off of. I used features that all the Lighting familiars seemed to have in common with each other, which is dark gray and a bright green/aqua for coloration and electricity featured in the design. The rest of it I just pulled parts that I found appealing. I ended up with this. [img]http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/o/r/w/orw4ic3m495U6.png[/img] I have no idea what the actual Lightning GG looks like, nor do I know what it is called. This is purely speculation. After the actual GG is revealed in July, I will draw the real one, compare and contrast real GG and my prediction and then draw the next gem guardian. Repeat. This is going to be a year long project so hopefully my art improves along the way. And to any one who finds this, if you have your own ideas for the future gem guardians, feel free to post here. I'd love to see what everyone thinks.
Ever since the Sundial Gem Guardian was revealed, I fell in love with its design.
1q8p4ngt4yjgmo.png
I mean how could I not? It is flipping adorable!
So I am taking it upon myself to predict the gem guardians of the holidays in order. Starting with the Lightning flight gem guardian which will hopefully revealed on the Thundercrack Carnivale.

First I compiled some the iconic holiday familiars, the lightning eggs, nest, and the charged blue rock (Which I pick cause it looked really cool) along with the sundial gem guardian.
xlxh402urhw87.png

Gem guardian = GG

Then I made a base using the Sundial GG to have the basic features of the GG to work off of. I used features that all the Lighting familiars seemed to have in common with each other, which is dark gray and a bright green/aqua for coloration and electricity featured in the design. The rest of it I just pulled parts that I found appealing. I ended up with this.

orw4ic3m495U6.png

I have no idea what the actual Lightning GG looks like, nor do I know what it is called. This is purely speculation. After the actual GG is revealed in July, I will draw the real one, compare and contrast real GG and my prediction and then draw the next gem guardian. Repeat.

This is going to be a year long project so hopefully my art improves along the way.

And to any one who finds this, if you have your own ideas for the future gem guardians, feel free to post here. I'd love to see what everyone thinks.
49112680397_1504def3fc_t.jpg
So the highland gem guardian (GG) came out a while ago which thankfully gave more insight on them. After examining the two GGs that we know I have determined a list of design factors to more accurately predict the future designs. [img]https://i.imgur.com/MYy7cxN.png[/img] -Large pupiless eyes that match the color of the flight -Gem is large and ovular. They have similarities to the eggs of each flight -Rounded heads, no nose, but nostrils are visible in two slits -Mouth has similarities to a cat and a frog’s -Lower body is unknown, hidden behind gem -Hands are small and pointed. Appears to have 4 fingers, but unsure. -Flowy ribbon like tendrils extends from the head and circulate behind GG -Main Colors are the flight’s color and a contrasting/complementary color to the flight’s -Shiny For the fire GG I used the orange of the fire flight and a blue to contrast this. Fire can be blue so it fits. While drawing my predicted fire gg I noticed two more factors that I had overlooked. The contrasting color of the flight’s color should of been the main body while the tendrils should be the flight’s color. Since I didn’t do this on the Fire gg, the eyes don’t stand out as well as they should. I also forgot to implement an accessory to the gem. [img]https://i.imgur.com/0oku2As.png[/img] I look forward to see how my prediction compares to the real thing when the Flameforger’s festival comes around.
So the highland gem guardian (GG) came out a while ago which thankfully gave more insight on them. After examining the two GGs that we know I have determined a list of design factors to more accurately predict the future designs.

MYy7cxN.png

-Large pupiless eyes that match the color of the flight
-Gem is large and ovular. They have similarities to the eggs of each flight
-Rounded heads, no nose, but nostrils are visible in two slits
-Mouth has similarities to a cat and a frog’s
-Lower body is unknown, hidden behind gem
-Hands are small and pointed. Appears to have 4 fingers, but unsure.
-Flowy ribbon like tendrils extends from the head and circulate behind GG
-Main Colors are the flight’s color and a contrasting/complementary color to the flight’s
-Shiny

For the fire GG I used the orange of the fire flight and a blue to contrast this. Fire can be blue so it fits. While drawing my predicted fire gg I noticed two more factors that I had overlooked. The contrasting color of the flight’s color should of been the main body while the tendrils should be the flight’s color. Since I didn’t do this on the Fire gg, the eyes don’t stand out as well as they should. I also forgot to implement an accessory to the gem.

0oku2As.png

I look forward to see how my prediction compares to the real thing when the Flameforger’s festival comes around.
[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49112160678_bb77256d2d.jpg[/img]
49112160678_bb77256d2d.jpg
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

Hey! These are really cool and adorable - do you mind pinging me for when you come up with a new Gem Guardian idea? :)
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

Hey! These are really cool and adorable - do you mind pinging me for when you come up with a new Gem Guardian idea? :)
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

Hey! Me again - I just noticed that the names of the Gem Guardians seem to follow the name of the Lesser Lair (less than 50 dragons) area of each Flight's territory (e.g. the Emberglow Hearth, the Crystalspine Reaches).
So October's Gem Guardian will likely be the Shattered Gem Guardian (the Shattered Plain).
:)
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

Hey! Me again - I just noticed that the names of the Gem Guardians seem to follow the name of the Lesser Lair (less than 50 dragons) area of each Flight's territory (e.g. the Emberglow Hearth, the Crystalspine Reaches).
So October's Gem Guardian will likely be the Shattered Gem Guardian (the Shattered Plain).
:)
@TheDeathseer

Thanks for that info! I’ll keep it in mind! Now that the actual arcane gem guardian has been revealed I’ll have to analyze it and try to predict the next one. Plague gem guardian here we come!
@TheDeathseer

Thanks for that info! I’ll keep it in mind! Now that the actual arcane gem guardian has been revealed I’ll have to analyze it and try to predict the next one. Plague gem guardian here we come!
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

No problem!
Oops, just realized Plague's holiday was in October, not Earth's. I'm so silly sometimes!
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

No problem!
Oops, just realized Plague's holiday was in October, not Earth's. I'm so silly sometimes!
So I forgot to draw the fire gem guardian, so did it with the arcane one.[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49112669726_f2420bbe4e_c.jpg[/img] The arcane one broke my original correlation of opposite colors, so I think the gem guardians follow the pattern of opposite colors unless there is a color combo that works better. The gems always seem to be bright or glow in some factor and would be considered pretty by normal standards. They also have and accessory that tends to match the article of clothing that is revealed with it. Some GGs are sparkly. @TheDeathseer mentioned that the names of the gg are the lesser lairs names, which I would of never figured out, thanks for that! Here is the Plague gem guardian! I happily await the Riot of Rot! [img]http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/l/9/x/l9x543oo6GTY2.png[/img]
So I forgot to draw the fire gem guardian, so did it with the arcane one.49112669726_f2420bbe4e_c.jpg
The arcane one broke my original correlation of opposite colors, so I think the gem guardians follow the pattern of opposite colors unless there is a color combo that works better.
The gems always seem to be bright or glow in some factor and would be considered pretty by normal standards. They also have and accessory that tends to match the article of clothing that is revealed with it.
Some GGs are sparkly.
@TheDeathseer mentioned that the names of the gg are the lesser lairs names, which I would of never figured out, thanks for that!
Here is the Plague gem guardian! I happily await the Riot of Rot!

l9x543oo6GTY2.png
So the gem guardians are really cute critters and I can't wait to see the plague and the earth GG. So I'm going to verbally predict the earth GG and then draw it one the plague gg is revealed.
It is going to be called the Shattered Gem Guardian. It will most likely be brown, but I hope it's other main color is grey like stone. I think the gem will be opal like having a white base with rainbow colors reflected on it. I think the decor on the gem will be either a dirt, stone, or metal formation.
So the gem guardians are really cute critters and I can't wait to see the plague and the earth GG. So I'm going to verbally predict the earth GG and then draw it one the plague gg is revealed.
It is going to be called the Shattered Gem Guardian. It will most likely be brown, but I hope it's other main color is grey like stone. I think the gem will be opal like having a white base with rainbow colors reflected on it. I think the decor on the gem will be either a dirt, stone, or metal formation.
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

Your Wandering Gem Guardian is so pretty! Also you're welcome for noticing the naming pattern of these guys ;)
@Ranboo0fPomPoms

Your Wandering Gem Guardian is so pretty! Also you're welcome for noticing the naming pattern of these guys ;)
1 2