Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [ BSJ 2019 ] Voice of Hope Lore Contest!
1 2 3 4 5
Buh-Bump!
Buh-Bump!
7qCl3Ny.png
When will the winners be announced?
When will the winners be announced?
@wolfdragon112
Winners will be announced once BSJ ends, and the judges have come up with a definitive answer for the winners! It may take a day or so afterwards to come up with it, but that's worst case scenario!
@wolfdragon112
Winners will be announced once BSJ ends, and the judges have come up with a definitive answer for the winners! It may take a day or so afterwards to come up with it, but that's worst case scenario!
7qCl3Ny.png
Courtesy bump for this amazing event [emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=wind rune size=1][emoji=light rune size=1]
Courtesy bump for this amazing event
1WhYQHt.png
@Aquaparrot @Missnevermind @Apprendere [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42221610] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/422217/42221610_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Celessius a dragon made of crystals. [b]how Pandora's box was opened/aftermath of it:[/b] Celessius was poking around in some old ruins when he found a small, but very ornate golden box. Out of sheer curiosity as to what could possibly be in such a box so he opened it up. Once opened a horrible black dragon like creature shrieked at him before aggressively assaulting him. In a blind panic Celessius screamed for help and managed to get the attention of Starspeaker who was hunting nearby. Starspeaker, being one of the strongest dragons in the clan helped Celessius to slay the horrid creature before it could become a much bigger problem. As a result of the attack, Stryk and Buzz had the ruins cordoned off for safety reasons, only letting someone enter if they were accompanied by a strong dragon.
@Aquaparrot @Missnevermind @Apprendere

42221610_350.png

This is Celessius a dragon made of crystals.

how Pandora's box was opened/aftermath of it:

Celessius was poking around in some old ruins when he found a small, but very ornate golden box. Out of sheer curiosity as to what could possibly be in such a box so he opened it up. Once opened a horrible black dragon like creature shrieked at him before aggressively assaulting him. In a blind panic Celessius screamed for help and managed to get the attention of Starspeaker who was hunting nearby. Starspeaker, being one of the strongest dragons in the clan helped Celessius to slay the horrid creature before it could become a much bigger problem. As a result of the attack, Stryk and Buzz had the ruins cordoned off for safety reasons, only letting someone enter if they were accompanied by a strong dragon.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50199103] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501992/50199103_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]I am the anti-nature, I am the plague. I think I have seen the beauty of the worst of life. But it is not enough. It never is. I have to see more. I expect bleached bones I can use as decoration; rotting flowers whose smell attracts the shiny, creeping things; I expect scavengers getting their fair share for once. I do not get what I expect. I never do. I did not think whose bones would be bleached, or whose garden would be destroyed, or who would be hunted down. I must learn to think more, to care more. Or I’ll kill us all. My adopted family deals with my problems. Stoic, pragmatic – like they always do. They say it’s like a fever. It has to get worse before it can get better. I don’t agree. I closed the jar too early. Something is still inside, something that needs to get out, too. It’s the hope that we will come out of this and will be better for it. It’s the hope that can change everything. I release it. For a while, it’s all that we have. It’s a tide, pulling us under, dragging us into its depths. It envelops our very souls. And it heals us, makes us strong. And we heal our land. I regret. I apologise. I care. But most of all, I hope. I hope that a dragon can change its scales.[/i][/center]

50199103_350.png

I am the anti-nature, I am the plague.
I think I have seen the beauty of the worst of life.
But it is not enough.
It never is.
I have to see more.

I expect bleached bones I can use as decoration;
rotting flowers whose smell attracts the shiny, creeping things;
I expect scavengers getting their fair share for once.
I do not get what I expect.
I never do.

I did not think whose bones would be bleached,
or whose garden would be destroyed,
or who would be hunted down.
I must learn to think more, to care more.
Or I’ll kill us all.

My adopted family deals with my problems.
Stoic, pragmatic – like they always do.
They say it’s like a fever.
It has to get worse before it can get better.
I don’t agree.

I closed the jar too early.
Something is still inside, something that needs to get out, too.
It’s the hope that we will come out of this and will be better for it.
It’s the hope that can change everything.
I release it.

For a while, it’s all that we have.
It’s a tide, pulling us under, dragging us into its depths.
It envelops our very souls.
And it heals us, makes us strong.
And we heal our land.

I regret.
I apologise.
I care.
But most of all, I hope.
I hope that a dragon can change its scales.
Bump! Loving the entries so far!
Bump! Loving the entries so far!
7qCl3Ny.png
[b]Who opened the box?[/b] [right]Look upon the one called Tatiana. See how the spirit's claws freeze her soul.[/right] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29434484] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/294345/29434484_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Who is this dragon?[/b] [right]A dragon lost to shade. One who saw too much, and now will never see again. [/right] [center][i]She was a victim, of fate and circumstance. The child of a pearlcatcher and imperial, a pair that never should have been, that broke apart as she grew. A youth unable to bond with others of her kind. An adult who never found a place to belong, lost in spirit. Who would go on to become lost in the Hewn city and then lost in mind.[/i][/center] [b]How and why did she open the pandoras box?[/b] [right]The spirits that found her in that dark place. She looked for answers, and she found them. And they pointed her to other things that should have been left buried.[/right] [center][i]Clan starlight never thought they would need means to contain a dragon. Until they did. They tried there best, to hold and watch her after she came back. But a cloak of shade and spirits malice let her slip past their watch. Let her slip to where the pandoras box was hidden. And the spirits set more of their kind free using her claws.[/i][/center] [b]What happened after she opened it?[/b] [right]Look upon what was bound, what was unleashed.[/right] [center][i] The dark spirits spread from the box, where beyond number and beyond name. Of the lesser ills, three dark spirits stand out: Mistrust, which turns kin against kin, and creates isolation and vulnerability in their victims. Abandon, which drives dragons to act without reason or restraint. Disgrace, which drives dragons to act without honor and turn away from the values the once held dear. With a thousand grasping hands these evils set upon Hope, and bound her to take their place - sealed away and hidden, but not gone. After all, one cannot kill hope.[/i][/center] [b]How did her clan react?[/b] [right]They blamed themselves, and hid away their shame.[/right] [center][i]They told others of the box being opened, of course. But for the sake of dragon who was their responsibility, who they had to hope could still be saved, they said nothing of who had been the spirits' pawn. A daughter of the clan leader, one who had still not found her charge, chose to become a goaler, prayed to the gods for that blessing, to dedicate herself to containing the taint, and to protecting Sorineth from another incident like this.[/i][/center]
Who opened the box?
Look upon the one called Tatiana. See how the spirit's claws freeze her soul.

Who is this dragon?
A dragon lost to shade. One who saw too much, and now will never see again.
She was a victim, of fate and circumstance. The child of a pearlcatcher and imperial, a pair that never should have been, that broke apart as she grew. A youth unable to bond with others of her kind. An adult who never found a place to belong, lost in spirit. Who would go on to become lost in the Hewn city and then lost in mind.

How and why did she open the pandoras box?
The spirits that found her in that dark place. She looked for answers, and she found them. And they pointed her to other things that should have been left buried.
Clan starlight never thought they would need means to contain a dragon.
Until they did.
They tried there best, to hold and watch her after she came back. But a cloak of shade and spirits malice let her slip past their watch. Let her slip to where the pandoras box was hidden. And the spirits set more of their kind free using her claws.

What happened after she opened it?
Look upon what was bound, what was unleashed.
The dark spirits spread from the box, where beyond number and beyond name. Of the lesser ills, three dark spirits stand out:
Mistrust, which turns kin against kin, and creates isolation and vulnerability in their victims.
Abandon, which drives dragons to act without reason or restraint.
Disgrace, which drives dragons to act without honor and turn away from the values the once held dear.

With a thousand grasping hands these evils set upon Hope, and bound her to take their place - sealed away and hidden, but not gone.

After all, one cannot kill hope.

How did her clan react?
They blamed themselves, and hid away their shame.
They told others of the box being opened, of course. But for the sake of dragon who was their responsibility, who they had to hope could still be saved, they said nothing of who had been the spirits' pawn.

A daughter of the clan leader, one who had still not found her charge, chose to become a goaler, prayed to the gods for that blessing, to dedicate herself to containing the taint, and to protecting Sorineth from another incident like this.
z9bVpPy.png
Early morning bump! ( [i]Heads up, I pulled an all-nighter so if I make any mistakes in linking or pings in accordance to your entry that's why [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1] )
Early morning bump!
( Heads up, I pulled an all-nighter so if I make any mistakes in linking or pings in accordance to your entry that's why )
7qCl3Ny.png
Early morning bump!
Early morning bump!
7qCl3Ny.png
1 2 3 4 5