Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [ BSJ 2019 ] Voice of Hope Lore Contest!
1 2 3 4 5
[b]THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Please be patient while we wait for late entry claims and think of our winners![/B] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Y5GxLYv.png[/img][/center] ------ [color=#0f0605][font=Source Code Pro][size=4] As you trek through the Mirrorlight Promenade, your claws fall on crumbled rocks, and dust swirls around you. What's happened here? A giggle in the mist, a dark claw snatches at parents and hatchlings, desperately waving away these awful creatures. You hurry your pace, feeling the stares of these tricksters and unwanted darkness settling in, dragging behind you like a weight as you come across two dragons on a podium, hurriedly scribbling down ideas and clues. As you get closer, you notice that in front of them is a decorated box, frantic clawmarks tearing down the sides and an unhinged opening at the top, where the spirits seemed to be escaped from. One swivels their head towards you, beckoning to come closer, while the other stays behind, glaring suspiciously.[/size][/color] [columns] [center] [color=#b57a1c ][i]"Ah, yes, hello there traveler..." [/color][/i][color=#0d1221]They wring their claws together, intently looking you over. [/color][color=#b57a1c ][i]"You seem like a detective type dragon, we are attempting to figure out the culprit behind... This."[/i][/color] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50260290] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502603/50260290_350.png[/img] [/url] [/columns][columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44189843] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/441899/44189843_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][center] [color=#0d1221]The skydancer gracefully stepped forwards and scowled in disgust. [color=#b57a1c ][i]"Really? You? We really are getting desperate... Oh well, you can try. We'll need all the help we can get."[/color][/i][/columns] [columns] [center] [color=#b57a1c ][i]"I don't suppose you're here to ask about my research on ancient geometric art across sornieth?" [/color][/i][color=#0d1221]Kaolin looked over his glasses hopefully, [/color][color=#b57a1c ][i]"No? Well, we should get to work on this Pandora's Box that's causing such a kerfuffle""[/i][/color] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49327260] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493273/49327260_350.png[/img] [/url] [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/YRmbvgq.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#b57a1c][b][size=5]What is this?[/color][/size][/b][/center] [color=#0d1221][size=4]- In celebration of BSJ 2019, this is a lore contest, where you'll be talking about who opened the pandora's box, their reasoning, and the drama that ensues![/color][/size] [center][color=#b57a1c][b][size=5]Great! Can I enter?[/color][/size][/b][/center] [color=#0d1221][size=4]- Of course! Whether you're in light or not, we need all of the help we can get! In fact, the one to find the culprit will be rewarded a handsome prize, as well as the runnerups following that, who also did a great job on their lore![/color] [b][color=#874438][size=4]Entries are due by the end of brightshine jubilee![/color][/b] [center][color=#b57a1c][b][size=5]What do I do?[/color][/size][/b][/center] [color=#0d1221][size=4] - The objective of this contest is to take a dragon from your lair, and create a snippet of lore based around the pandora's box prompt! Feel free to get as creative as you'd like, as that just means you get bonus points!

THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Please be patient while we wait for late entry claims and think of our winners!
Y5GxLYv.png

As you trek through the Mirrorlight Promenade, your claws fall on crumbled rocks, and dust swirls around you. What's happened here?
A giggle in the mist, a dark claw snatches at parents and hatchlings, desperately waving away these awful creatures.

You hurry your pace, feeling the stares of these tricksters and unwanted darkness settling in, dragging behind you like a weight as you come across two dragons on a podium, hurriedly scribbling down ideas and clues. As you get closer, you notice that in front of them is a decorated box, frantic clawmarks tearing down the sides and an unhinged opening at the top, where the spirits seemed to be escaped from.

One swivels their head towards you, beckoning to come closer, while the other stays behind, glaring suspiciously.

"Ah, yes, hello there traveler..."
They wring their claws together, intently looking you over.
"You seem like a detective type dragon, we are attempting to figure out the culprit behind... This."

50260290_350.png

44189843_350.png
The skydancer gracefully stepped forwards and scowled in disgust.
"Really? You? We really are getting desperate... Oh well, you can try. We'll need all the help we can get."
"I don't suppose you're here to ask about my research on ancient geometric art across sornieth?"
Kaolin looked over his glasses hopefully,
"No? Well, we should get to work on this Pandora's Box that's causing such a kerfuffle""

49327260_350.png
YRmbvgq.png
What is this?
- In celebration of BSJ 2019, this is a lore contest, where you'll be talking about who opened the pandora's box, their reasoning, and the drama that ensues!
Great! Can I enter?
- Of course! Whether you're in light or not, we need all of the help we can get! In fact, the one to find the culprit will be rewarded a handsome prize, as well as the runnerups following that, who also did a great job on their lore! Entries are due by the end of brightshine jubilee!
What do I do?
- The objective of this contest is to take a dragon from your lair, and create a snippet of lore based around the pandora's box prompt! Feel free to get as creative as you'd like, as that just means you get bonus points!
7qCl3Ny.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/cepCxfn.png[/img] [color=#b57a1c][size=5][b]Right, so how do I enter?[/b][/size][/color] [color=#0d1221][size=4]Well, it's simple! You give me, MissNevermind and Apprendere a ping, and then add your dragon and write the lore! There's an entry form for those who don't know quite how they want to format![/size][/color] [color=#b57a1c][size=5][b]What are the rules?[/b][/size][/color] [color=#0d1221][size=4]- You must have [b]at least[/b] [u]2 paragraphs of text[/u] to be entered! - Your entry must at least relate to the prompt! While you can go a bit off track, try to stay within the (loose) boundaries :) - Any form of text is allowed, as long as it stays as writing! (Text + art, comics, poems, songs) - [b]In the case of a poem, quality matters more than length![/b] Pretty loose rules if I do say so myself! [img]https://i.imgur.com/YRmbvgq.png[/img] [quote="OPTIONAL - Lore form"] [color=#0f0605]@/Aquaparrot @/Missnevermind @/Apprendere (remove slashes) Dragon: [i]Who is this dragon?[/i] Text here [i]Why/How did they open the pandoras box?[/i] Text here [i]What happened after they opened it?[/i] Text here [i]How did their clan react?[/i] Text here Extra notes: [/quote]
cepCxfn.png

Right, so how do I enter?

Well, it's simple! You give me, MissNevermind and Apprendere a ping, and then add your dragon and write the lore! There's an entry form for those who don't know quite how they want to format!

What are the rules?

- You must have at least 2 paragraphs of text to be entered!

- Your entry must at least relate to the prompt! While you can go a bit off track, try to stay within the (loose) boundaries :)

- Any form of text is allowed, as long as it stays as writing! (Text + art, comics, poems, songs)

- In the case of a poem, quality matters more than length!

Pretty loose rules if I do say so myself!

YRmbvgq.png

OPTIONAL - Lore form wrote:

@/Aquaparrot @/Missnevermind @/Apprendere (remove slashes)
Dragon:

Who is this dragon?

Text here

Why/How did they open the pandoras box?

Text here

What happened after they opened it?

Text here

How did their clan react?

Text here

Extra notes:

7qCl3Ny.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rU6onjX.png[/img] [quote="#1 - PANDORA'S PALADIN"] [center] [item=unhatched light egg] [item=eliminate] [emoji=gem size=1]200 + ITEM OF CHOICE (check lower quotes for the list!)[/quote] [quote="#2 - HERO OF THE RUINS"][center][item=eliminate] [emoji=gem size=1]100 + ITEM OF CHOICE (check lower quotes for the list!)[/quote] [quote="#3 - PASSIONATE LIGHTBRINGER"][center][emoji=gem size=1]50 + ITEM OF CHOICE (check lower quotes from the list!)[/quote] [quote="RUNNERUPS"] [center] [emoji=gem size=1]5 + Item of choice [/quote] [quote="DOM HEROES"] [center][item=Boulder bolt][item=Bright bolt][item=Shock bolt][item=Vile bolt][item=Zephyr bolt][item=Leaf bolt][item=Rock slash][item=Blinding slash][item=Jungle slash][item=Gust slash] [item=concentration][item=reflect][item=bolster][item=ward] [item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker] [item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar][item=scholar] [item=discipline][item=discipline][item=discipline] [item=ambush][item=ambush][item=ambush][item=ambush] [item=anticipate][item=anticipate][item=anticipate][/quote] [quote="GENE JACKETS"] [center]For top 3 only! [item=secondary gene: morph] [/quote] [quote="BEAMING JOY :,)"] [center] [item=cockatrice][item=cockatrice] [item=Basilisk][item=Basilisk] [item=longneck skirmisher][item=longneck skirmisher] [item=blooming strangler][item=blooming strangler] [item=wildwood owl][item=wildwood owl] [item=bamboo phytocat][item=bamboo phytocat] [item=greenroot janustrap][item=greenroot janustrap] [item=greenroot janustrap][item=greenroot janustrap] [item=janustrap][item=janustrap] [item=corundum chameleon][item=corundum chameleon] [item=pink-tail mole][item=pink-tail mole] [item=chocolate noggle][item=strawberry noggle] [item=scorchpaw prowler][item=runescar lynx] [/quote]
rU6onjX.png
#1 - PANDORA'S PALADIN wrote:
Unhatched Light Egg
Eliminate
+ ITEM OF CHOICE (check lower quotes for the list!)
#2 - HERO OF THE RUINS wrote:
Eliminate
+ ITEM OF CHOICE (check lower quotes for the list!)
#3 - PASSIONATE LIGHTBRINGER wrote:
+ ITEM OF CHOICE (check lower quotes from the list!)
RUNNERUPS wrote:
+ Item of choice
DOM HEROES wrote:
Boulder Bolt Bright Bolt Shock Bolt Vile Bolt Zephyr Bolt Leaf Bolt Rock Slash Blinding Slash Jungle Slash Gust Slash

Concentration Reflect Bolster Ward

Berserker Berserker Berserker Berserker Berserker Berserker Berserker Berserker Scholar Scholar Scholar Scholar Scholar Scholar Scholar Scholar Scholar Scholar Discipline Discipline Discipline Ambush Ambush Ambush Ambush Anticipate Anticipate Anticipate
GENE JACKETS wrote:
For top 3 only!

Secondary Gene: Morph
BEAMING JOY :,) wrote:
Cockatrice Cockatrice
Basilisk Basilisk
Longneck Skirmisher Longneck Skirmisher
Blooming Strangler Blooming Strangler
Wildwood Owl Wildwood Owl
Bamboo Phytocat Bamboo Phytocat
Greenroot Janustrap Greenroot Janustrap
Greenroot Janustrap Greenroot Janustrap
Janustrap Janustrap
Corundum Chameleon Corundum Chameleon
Pink-Tail Mole Pink-Tail Mole
Chocolate Noggle Strawberry Noggle
Scorchpaw Prowler Runescar Lynx
7qCl3Ny.png
7qCl3Ny.png
@AquaParrot @MissNevermind

I'd like to be added to the pinglist for this event please!
@AquaParrot @MissNevermind

I'd like to be added to the pinglist for this event please!
@AquaParrot

Add me to the pinglist please!
@AquaParrot

Add me to the pinglist please!
@SilverQuark @tempter
@Missnevermind
@Apprendere

-+-
The Voice of Hope Lore Contest is now open for entries! Good luck to everyone planning on participating! We're looking forwards to seeing your lore!
@SilverQuark @tempter
@Missnevermind
@Apprendere

-+-
The Voice of Hope Lore Contest is now open for entries! Good luck to everyone planning on participating! We're looking forwards to seeing your lore!
7qCl3Ny.png
Bump~
Bump~
7qCl3Ny.png
@AquaParrot

Ah I have a question. To my understanding from reading the rules, there's going to be prompts daily, right? When will you guys publish the prompt, or did I misunderstood? Thank you!
@AquaParrot

Ah I have a question. To my understanding from reading the rules, there's going to be prompts daily, right? When will you guys publish the prompt, or did I misunderstood? Thank you!
@Tempter

Actually, there’s one prompt! Sorry for the confusion.
Essentially a dragon has opened the Pandora’s box, it’s your job to write about who did it, their reasoning, and what ensues in lore format! Basically it’s to write a short story!
@Tempter

Actually, there’s one prompt! Sorry for the confusion.
Essentially a dragon has opened the Pandora’s box, it’s your job to write about who did it, their reasoning, and what ensues in lore format! Basically it’s to write a short story!
7qCl3Ny.png
1 2 3 4 5