Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
This is the prompt for June 23rd. Note that [b]submissions for the June 22nd prompt are still open[/b] until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 23rd prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. Happy happy Brightshine, everybody! [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Eight[/b] [center]There's an aura of confidence in the air, tinged by something else. With Brightshine Jubilee having begun proper, the archeologists - especially those of the light flight variety - approach their tasks with vicious joviality. The camp surrounding the workshop is, to be blunt, a party. The mead and happiness flows, offering itself to you should you decide to take advantage of it. Things even seem lighter in the workshop...which is ironic, considering how dark inside it really is. Those not celebrating are working, and working hard. You're ushered towards a new hallway today, which you can only tell from the fact that the carvings surrounding the alcove are different from those around the alcove you entered yesterday. Emerging at the end of the (thankfully lit up) tunnel, you find yourself in, undoubtedly, a former temple. Or, at least a microcosm of one. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] In a decidedly blasphemous act, the archeologists - and Cora - have set up shop right smack dab on the altar. Their supplies are spread across it as if this wasn't a place where the Lightweaver was once worshipped. Honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable, but nobody in the room seems to care. Cora gestures you up, but then stops you abruptly and descends down the stairs. "Actually, we set up any mysteries on the pews, so..." She trails off, looking around the room. A smile twitches on her face. "I know a priestess of the Lightweaver. She'd murder me if she knew I was just...disregarding the fact this was once a religious place. But uh, I'm sure you don't mind, right?" Cora winked reassuringly and brushed past you. With no choice but to follow her, you do. She wasn't joking when she said they just threw everything on the pews. They're filled with what looks like piles of rubble. But the pew directly in front of the altar contains the objects you're meant to look at today, which Cora presents with no further comment. You imagine her silence - though not reverent - might be the most respectful way she's treated the temple today. [item=brilliant length][item=carved harpy mask][item=cindershroom][item=iron treasure chest][item=magi casting rod][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak @Watercolour @Lundlaeva @NStar[/size]
This is the prompt for June 23rd. Note that submissions for the June 22nd prompt are still open until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 23rd prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. Happy happy Brightshine, everybody!

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Eight
There's an aura of confidence in the air, tinged by something else. With Brightshine Jubilee having begun proper, the archeologists - especially those of the light flight variety - approach their tasks with vicious joviality. The camp surrounding the workshop is, to be blunt, a party. The mead and happiness flows, offering itself to you should you decide to take advantage of it.

Things even seem lighter in the workshop...which is ironic, considering how dark inside it really is. Those not celebrating are working, and working hard. You're ushered towards a new hallway today, which you can only tell from the fact that the carvings surrounding the alcove are different from those around the alcove you entered yesterday. Emerging at the end of the (thankfully lit up) tunnel, you find yourself in, undoubtedly, a former temple. Or, at least a microcosm of one.

13697861_350.png

In a decidedly blasphemous act, the archeologists - and Cora - have set up shop right smack dab on the altar. Their supplies are spread across it as if this wasn't a place where the Lightweaver was once worshipped. Honestly, it's a bit uncomfortable, but nobody in the room seems to care.

Cora gestures you up, but then stops you abruptly and descends down the stairs. "Actually, we set up any mysteries on the pews, so..." She trails off, looking around the room. A smile twitches on her face.

"I know a priestess of the Lightweaver. She'd murder me if she knew I was just...disregarding the fact this was once a religious place. But uh, I'm sure you don't mind, right?" Cora winked reassuringly and brushed past you. With no choice but to follow her, you do.

She wasn't joking when she said they just threw everything on the pews. They're filled with what looks like piles of rubble. But the pew directly in front of the altar contains the objects you're meant to look at today, which Cora presents with no further comment.

You imagine her silence - though not reverent - might be the most respectful way she's treated the temple today.

Brilliant Length Carved Harpy Mask Cindershroom Iron Treasure Chest Magi Casting Rod

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak @Watercolour @Lundlaeva @NStar
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[center][b][ Day Seven ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] There indeed was so much to look at! Asca looked around in awe - not just much to look at, everything was so huge! Broken and dusted but huge, also compared to the already large scale the foyer had hinted to. He looked at the components, only shortly, then his gaze drifted aound the room again. How should he conclude what they had done with a few things here? They probably had a whole manufacture of various things, for various purposes in here! Still, those sprites distracted him from his amazement, irritated him a little, until he turned to the objects a little hesitantly. "Sure, they probably let the most skilled dragon's from Fire work here...", he murmured upon seeing the Fragment. "Ahh, wish that old grump of a fire dragon would be less ... hmph, closed-up", he added - a little more talking about even the most mundane things of his former clan life in Fire, and Asca now would have a much better base to figure this out, he believed. It wasn't that he had no idea - he had too many! There were so many possibilities and he had a hard time figuring out, which of those might be the most likely. He went silent for a long while, taking his time to inspect everything that was presented - but didn't seem to get any further. "The coil...", he lastly just slowly began with something he was quite sure of, "It probably came from Lightning. Of course its condition after decades had to be bad but I think these might already have been useless for the initial purpose in the past. They probably re-used the wires here." In some way... "The gold-ores too, they were probably molten." His head began to hurt. "Think they crafted Familiar weapons?" [item=Serthis Support][item=Gold Ore][item=Battered Laser Coil][item=Fiery Might Fragment][item=Battered Gauntlet] [s] Ugggh, ran out of time so Asca got a headache asdfghjkl[/s]
[ Day Seven ]

46111459.png

There indeed was so much to look at!
Asca looked around in awe - not just much to look at, everything was so huge! Broken and dusted but huge, also compared to the already large scale the foyer had hinted to.

He looked at the components, only shortly, then his gaze drifted aound the room again.
How should he conclude what they had done with a few things here? They probably had a whole manufacture of various things, for various purposes in here!

Still, those sprites distracted him from his amazement, irritated him a little, until he turned to the objects a little hesitantly.

"Sure, they probably let the most skilled dragon's from Fire work here...", he murmured upon seeing the Fragment.
"Ahh, wish that old grump of a fire dragon would be less ... hmph, closed-up", he added - a little more talking about even the most mundane things of his former clan life in Fire, and Asca now would have a much better base to figure this out, he believed.

It wasn't that he had no idea - he had too many! There were so many possibilities and he had a hard time figuring out, which of those might be the most likely.
He went silent for a long while, taking his time to inspect everything that was presented - but didn't seem to get any further.

"The coil...", he lastly just slowly began with something he was quite sure of, "It probably came from Lightning. Of course its condition after decades had to be bad but I think these might already have been useless for the initial purpose in the past. They probably re-used the wires here." In some way...
"The gold-ores too, they were probably molten."

His head began to hurt.
"Think they crafted Familiar weapons?"

Serthis Support Gold Ore Battered Laser Coil Fiery Might Fragment Battered Gauntlet

Ugggh, ran out of time so Asca got a headache asdfghjkl
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14472115] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/144722/14472115_350.png[/img] [/url] The festival was finally in full swing, and most of Clan Twinstar was now very busy enjoying the festivities. A few of them had paid visits to the workshop over the last few days, but they hadn't had much luck getting inside with all the construction that had been going on. Today looked like it would be different, though, as Kizzy, the clan's shaman, managed to slip in among the crowds and head down the newly excavated tunnel towards the temple. Kizzy had always been strange for a dragon- she thought she was a bird! She thought all dragons were birds, in fact, and no one had ever quite been able to convince her otherwise. So when the Fae spotted the items that Cora had set out on one of the pews, she quickly grew excited. "Yes! Yes!" she shouted. "I know what these are for! Dragons would eat these mushrooms, and then they would put these masks and robes on so that they could better worship the great Lightbird! Like this!" Before anyone could stop her, Kizzy gulped down one of the mushrooms. She then donned the robes and mask, picked up the old staff, and begun to parade up and down the pew excitedly. For all her strangeness, Kizzy was a devout follower of the Lightweaver (and to a lesser extent, the Arcanist), albeit in her own unusual way. No doubt she was going to try to keep this new routine up long after she and her clan had returned home!

14472115_350.png

The festival was finally in full swing, and most of Clan Twinstar was now very busy enjoying the festivities. A few of them had paid visits to the workshop over the last few days, but they hadn't had much luck getting inside with all the construction that had been going on. Today looked like it would be different, though, as Kizzy, the clan's shaman, managed to slip in among the crowds and head down the newly excavated tunnel towards the temple. Kizzy had always been strange for a dragon- she thought she was a bird! She thought all dragons were birds, in fact, and no one had ever quite been able to convince her otherwise.

So when the Fae spotted the items that Cora had set out on one of the pews, she quickly grew excited. "Yes! Yes!" she shouted. "I know what these are for! Dragons would eat these mushrooms, and then they would put these masks and robes on so that they could better worship the great Lightbird! Like this!"

Before anyone could stop her, Kizzy gulped down one of the mushrooms. She then donned the robes and mask, picked up the old staff, and begun to parade up and down the pew excitedly. For all her strangeness, Kizzy was a devout follower of the Lightweaver (and to a lesser extent, the Arcanist), albeit in her own unusual way. No doubt she was going to try to keep this new routine up long after she and her clan had returned home!
xpP2XdL.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461115/46111457_350.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] "Thank you for taking me with you.", Yixing said when they arrived the workshop. The Spiral had a lot to tell about this place, so he was curious if her words would match reality. "That's alright!" Vona looked around, pressing her paws together. "I love festivals! Everyone seems to forget all troubles, and..." "Don't forget the purpose to appreciate our religions", Yixing interrupted her, smiling soflty. "But yeah, you are right, it's nice to see other dragons enjoying it too." They entered the workshop, following the bright hallway down to the temple. Vona heard the mirror mumbling, but didn't pay attention to him. She heard rumors, that a dragon of their clan was going to enter the labyrinth - the opened box was the only conversation topic this day and she couldn't focus on something else, but Yixing seemed more interested in the architecture of the building. How much did she desire to enter the labyrinth herself... but deep in her heart she knew she wasn't ready for a dangerous journey like this. They entered the temple and Yixing stopped right away. Even Vona, surely not the most empathic nor religious dragon out there, noticed why. Trinkets were spread on the pews and the altar looked... just horrible. She glanced to Yixing, who stood next to her quietly. Since he was a follower of the Lightweaver, this sight surely was shocking for him. "I... Yesterday everything was okay!", Vona started quietly, taking a deep breath with the intention to continue, but the mirror shook his head. "Disrespectful...", he mumbled. "But I guess... sometimes, as an archaeologist, you have to be." He didn't seem convinced by his own words, but before she could reply anything, Cora popped up. Besides a formal greeting, Yixing stayed quiet through the whole conversation, following Vona and Cora to the objects. "Oh! Looks like festival stuff!" The spiral called out, as soon as she saw the items, grabbing the fabric. "Looks like a dress or something similar, right, Yixing?", she looked up to the Librarian. He was well-educated, just like his father and usually studied ancient objects all day. Vona was disappointed, when he shook his head. "No", he said with his soft voice, stepping closer. "Not quite." He grabbed the magi casting rod. "Would you place the cloth on... just put the shrooms in there, please." While Vona followed his instruction, he started to explain his theory. "For me this looks like the preparations for a fire ritual. Cindershrooms are harmless, but often used for this kind of ceremony." He took the bag with the mushrooms, then thanked Vona quietly before he continued. "Young fire dragons in ancient times had to pass some kind of exam." He wrapped the cord of the rod around the fabric. The bag with the shrooms inside it dangled next to the skull. "The chest was placed at the other end of the room. The young dragon put on the mask and then the bag was set on fire." "What?" Vona hopped, clapping her paws. "But why the shrooms?" "They have a symbolic meaning. Well, some dragons suggested they have a hallucinogenic effect, but I don't know... However. This was a ceremony to prove one's courage. If the dragon reached the chest, everything inside..." "Belonged them?" Vona's eyes widened in suprise. She surely loved treasures. "What was inside?" Yixing put down the bag, looking at her. "It was filled up by family and friends." "Like a birthday present?" Vona started hopping again, giggled. "Back home, when I had birthday, I used to..." "I know.", Yixing interrupted her with a smile, "You told me once. And I do believe, it would be rude to get distracted from our task." He nodded to the items. Vona stopped, crossing her arms. "You just say this, so I won't continue talking, don't you?" "No!", he seemed truely bewildered by her words, what made her smile. "Just kidding!" With a loud laugh, she punched his shoulder, turning around to Cora. "What do you think about this theory?" [item=brilliant length][item=carved harpy mask][item=cindershroom][item=iron treasure chest][item=magi casting rod] [img]http://i.imgur.com/6LqeQ28.jpg[/img]
46111457_350.png51666974_350.png

"Thank you for taking me with you.", Yixing said when they arrived the workshop. The Spiral had a lot to tell about this place, so he was curious if her words would match reality.
"That's alright!" Vona looked around, pressing her paws together. "I love festivals! Everyone seems to forget all troubles, and..."
"Don't forget the purpose to appreciate our religions", Yixing interrupted her, smiling soflty. "But yeah, you are right, it's nice to see other dragons enjoying it too."

They entered the workshop, following the bright hallway down to the temple. Vona heard the mirror mumbling, but didn't pay attention to him.
She heard rumors, that a dragon of their clan was going to enter the labyrinth - the opened box was the only conversation topic this day and she couldn't focus on something else, but Yixing seemed more interested in the architecture of the building.
How much did she desire to enter the labyrinth herself... but deep in her heart she knew she wasn't ready for a dangerous journey like this.

They entered the temple and Yixing stopped right away. Even Vona, surely not the most empathic nor religious dragon out there, noticed why.
Trinkets were spread on the pews and the altar looked... just horrible. She glanced to Yixing, who stood next to her quietly.
Since he was a follower of the Lightweaver, this sight surely was shocking for him.
"I... Yesterday everything was okay!", Vona started quietly, taking a deep breath with the intention to continue, but the mirror shook his head.
"Disrespectful...", he mumbled. "But I guess... sometimes, as an archaeologist, you have to be." He didn't seem convinced by his own words, but before she could reply anything, Cora popped up.
Besides a formal greeting, Yixing stayed quiet through the whole conversation, following Vona and Cora to the objects.

"Oh! Looks like festival stuff!" The spiral called out, as soon as she saw the items, grabbing the fabric. "Looks like a dress or something similar, right, Yixing?", she looked up to the Librarian. He was well-educated, just like his father and usually studied ancient objects all day.
Vona was disappointed, when he shook his head. "No", he said with his soft voice, stepping closer. "Not quite."
He grabbed the magi casting rod. "Would you place the cloth on... just put the shrooms in there, please."
While Vona followed his instruction, he started to explain his theory. "For me this looks like the preparations for a fire ritual. Cindershrooms are harmless, but often used for this kind of ceremony." He took the bag with the mushrooms, then thanked Vona quietly before he continued.
"Young fire dragons in ancient times had to pass some kind of exam." He wrapped the cord of the rod around the fabric. The bag with the shrooms inside it dangled next to the skull.
"The chest was placed at the other end of the room. The young dragon put on the mask and then the bag was set on fire."
"What?" Vona hopped, clapping her paws. "But why the shrooms?"
"They have a symbolic meaning. Well, some dragons suggested they have a hallucinogenic effect, but I don't know... However. This was a ceremony to prove one's courage. If the dragon reached the chest, everything inside..."
"Belonged them?" Vona's eyes widened in suprise. She surely loved treasures. "What was inside?"
Yixing put down the bag, looking at her. "It was filled up by family and friends."
"Like a birthday present?" Vona started hopping again, giggled. "Back home, when I had birthday, I used to..."
"I know.", Yixing interrupted her with a smile, "You told me once. And I do believe, it would be rude to get distracted from our task." He nodded to the items.
Vona stopped, crossing her arms. "You just say this, so I won't continue talking, don't you?"
"No!", he seemed truely bewildered by her words, what made her smile.
"Just kidding!" With a loud laugh, she punched his shoulder, turning around to Cora.
"What do you think about this theory?"

Brilliant Length Carved Harpy Mask Cindershroom Iron Treasure Chest Magi Casting Rod

6LqeQ28.jpg
Day Seven: Harmless fun

While Cora was talking, Amber kept staring at the altar and the pews, wings tugged closely to her body, head retracting lower and lower into her frame and towards the floor. "I'm not sure you were supposed to throw things on these like this", she whispered, once the Imperial had finished her explanation. "I hope Lightweaver will forgive it. Still, better not anger her further, in case she just hadn't noticed you until now... Say, if you learn everything about this room, you'll move further in still, right? Then I'd better help you, as fast as possible." She blinked at Cora once, then hid her face away. "I don't want you getting in trouble..."

The Nocturne turned her attention towards the pew and the offending objects on it - a chest, a mask shaped like a harpy's beak, a length of cloth that once was clearly brilliantly colourful and silky but which had started showing faint signs of its age, some shaman-like rod, complete with bird bones... The last object peaked her interest the most - it was a pot of mushrooms, actually growing.

"Cindershrooms!", Amber exclaimed, for a moment forgetting she was in a temple. "Where did you find these? Wait, I mean, clearly with the rest of this stuff. Duh." She continued with a much milder tone:

"Did you know you can make practical tricks with dried Cindershroom spores? They resemble smoldering embers, so you can scare a dragon, or decorate with them, or use them to entertain hatchlings at events, or - wait a minute! I think I get what this was! It was the set of a travelling charlatan! Or, hey, maybe an actor. Let me explain."

Amber placed one paw on the cloth, careful not to tear the already age-damaged fabric. "I'd demonstrate", she said, "but I don't dare to. Still, imagine: someone draped in bright, exotic fabric, having donned a harpy's mask on, a casting staff in hand. Around them - living ambers, yet neither they, nor their possessions, seem to be affected... Maybe they even throw some more 'embers' at pivotal moments, to enhance their performance as a true mage. Wouldn't you fall for it? I think I would have..." Amber admitted, lowering her voice once again.

She nodded towards the chest. "And this was to keep these items save in between performances. It's how the colours and the fabric itself remained so well-preserved over the years!"
Day Seven: Harmless fun

While Cora was talking, Amber kept staring at the altar and the pews, wings tugged closely to her body, head retracting lower and lower into her frame and towards the floor. "I'm not sure you were supposed to throw things on these like this", she whispered, once the Imperial had finished her explanation. "I hope Lightweaver will forgive it. Still, better not anger her further, in case she just hadn't noticed you until now... Say, if you learn everything about this room, you'll move further in still, right? Then I'd better help you, as fast as possible." She blinked at Cora once, then hid her face away. "I don't want you getting in trouble..."

The Nocturne turned her attention towards the pew and the offending objects on it - a chest, a mask shaped like a harpy's beak, a length of cloth that once was clearly brilliantly colourful and silky but which had started showing faint signs of its age, some shaman-like rod, complete with bird bones... The last object peaked her interest the most - it was a pot of mushrooms, actually growing.

"Cindershrooms!", Amber exclaimed, for a moment forgetting she was in a temple. "Where did you find these? Wait, I mean, clearly with the rest of this stuff. Duh." She continued with a much milder tone:

"Did you know you can make practical tricks with dried Cindershroom spores? They resemble smoldering embers, so you can scare a dragon, or decorate with them, or use them to entertain hatchlings at events, or - wait a minute! I think I get what this was! It was the set of a travelling charlatan! Or, hey, maybe an actor. Let me explain."

Amber placed one paw on the cloth, careful not to tear the already age-damaged fabric. "I'd demonstrate", she said, "but I don't dare to. Still, imagine: someone draped in bright, exotic fabric, having donned a harpy's mask on, a casting staff in hand. Around them - living ambers, yet neither they, nor their possessions, seem to be affected... Maybe they even throw some more 'embers' at pivotal moments, to enhance their performance as a true mage. Wouldn't you fall for it? I think I would have..." Amber admitted, lowering her voice once again.

She nodded towards the chest. "And this was to keep these items save in between performances. It's how the colours and the fabric itself remained so well-preserved over the years!"
tLqgaTW.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52199596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521996/52199596_350.png[/img] [/url] "Wrap the cloth around the skull Tie it with a string~" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "Agrippa..." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "What are you doing?" "I'm making a good weather charm, duh." Agrippa has taken the birdskull from the magi casting rod, wrapped the brilliant length around the top and tied off the base with string, and reattached the whole contraption onto the rod itself. The result is a colorful figure with a birdlike head and a flowing, ghostlike body dangling from the rod. As a finishing touch, Agrippa places the harpy mask over the face. "There! All done! Now we just wave it around and it'll bring us sunny skies!" Katherine tilted her head, "Agrippa, did you just make a teru teru bozu?" "Wuzzat?" Agrippa and Alice says simultaneously. Katherine shakes her head. "Well, I guess a harpy teru teru bozu is the best we can come up with. It's a bit morbid, like an effigy of a harpy being hanged... Well, no matter, I'll hit submit. Alice, please stop eating the artifacts." Alice quickly covers her cindershroom-stained mouth, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

52199596_350.png

"Wrap the cloth around the skull
Tie it with a string~"

23090491_350.png

"Agrippa..."

22606393_350.png

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making a good weather charm, duh."

Agrippa has taken the birdskull from the magi casting rod, wrapped the brilliant length around the top and tied off the base with string, and reattached the whole contraption onto the rod itself. The result is a colorful figure with a birdlike head and a flowing, ghostlike body dangling from the rod. As a finishing touch, Agrippa places the harpy mask over the face.

"There! All done! Now we just wave it around and it'll bring us sunny skies!"

Katherine tilted her head, "Agrippa, did you just make a teru teru bozu?"

"Wuzzat?" Agrippa and Alice says simultaneously. Katherine shakes her head.

"Well, I guess a harpy teru teru bozu is the best we can come up with. It's a bit morbid, like an effigy of a harpy being hanged... Well, no matter, I'll hit submit. Alice, please stop eating the artifacts."

Alice quickly covers her cindershroom-stained mouth, "I have no idea what you're talking about."
1WhYQHt.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52725209] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/527253/52725209.png[/img] [/url] [/center] Morru grimaced slightly when Cora turned away, feeling uncomfortable since he stepped in the temple. He sighed looked at the objects carefully. "I think this are ceremonial objects" He murmured, still looking closely at the objects. "Ceremonial objects?" Cora asked, confused, as she looks back at the trinkets trying to maybe see how they could be that. "Well, If I remember correctly, a long time ago the beastclans and dragons lived more harmoniously. It is possible that they assisted in ceremonial offerings and such. This is a temple, after all" Morru huffed and with his paw he gestured vaguely at the temple they were in. "Okey... But that only would exlain the mask and the casting rod." "Offerings were really common back in the day, so is possible the mushrooms are that. The chest must be filled with tools for priest, such as candles and maybe figurines of their God. " Morru tried to explain, lifting one of his longs claws and schatching his chin deep in thought. "The cloth must have been part of some robe, but that's only what I imagine." Cora hummed appreciably, looking deep in thought at the idea. "Now, if you excuse me, I must go. I was in an errand before arriving" Bowing his massive head in goodbye, Morru turned and left, taking care to not scratch the ceiling with his horns when leaving.

Morru grimaced slightly when Cora turned away, feeling uncomfortable since he stepped in the temple. He sighed looked at the objects carefully.

"I think this are ceremonial objects" He murmured, still looking closely at the objects.

"Ceremonial objects?" Cora asked, confused, as she looks back at the trinkets trying to maybe see how they could be that.

"Well, If I remember correctly, a long time ago the beastclans and dragons lived more harmoniously. It is possible that they assisted in ceremonial offerings and such. This is a temple, after all" Morru huffed and with his paw he gestured vaguely at the temple they were in.

"Okey... But that only would exlain the mask and the casting rod."

"Offerings were really common back in the day, so is possible the mushrooms are that. The chest must be filled with tools for priest, such as candles and maybe figurines of their God. " Morru tried to explain, lifting one of his longs claws and schatching his chin deep in thought. "The cloth must have been part of some robe, but that's only what I imagine."

Cora hummed appreciably, looking deep in thought at the idea.

"Now, if you excuse me, I must go. I was in an errand before arriving" Bowing his massive head in goodbye, Morru turned and left, taking care to not scratch the ceiling with his horns when leaving.
hdCEH9z.png

nefzg1V.png
WKtl2lb.png

[center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 22[/b] Fantastic job as always folks! Super excited as we head into the final week of the event! Keep it coming, you're all so talented! @HelianthusNox is our merit winner today! @MandragoraAutumn and @rainenchanter are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View HelianthusNox's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/7#post_39508548]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/center] Cora lifts up the gauntlet and considers for a moment, then nods. "Welding. Of course; Straightforward enough. I mean, it is a forge." She turns it side to side, and speculates out loud. "Weaponmaking, toolmaking, jewelry making...any assortment of things that this could have been utilized for in here. Slightly more advanced technology than I would have expected given the time period, but, well..." She looked around at the workshop she'd called home for the past week with a certain fondness. "This place has surprised me many times already. Here, for your help." [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak[/size]
Winners
June 22

Fantastic job as always folks! Super excited as we head into the final week of the event! Keep it coming, you're all so talented!

@HelianthusNox is our merit winner today! @MandragoraAutumn and @rainenchanter are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View HelianthusNox's entry here!

13697861_350.png

Cora lifts up the gauntlet and considers for a moment, then nods. "Welding. Of course; Straightforward enough. I mean, it is a forge."

She turns it side to side, and speculates out loud. "Weaponmaking, toolmaking, jewelry making...any assortment of things that this could have been utilized for in here. Slightly more advanced technology than I would have expected given the time period, but, well..." She looked around at the workshop she'd called home for the past week with a certain fondness.

"This place has surprised me many times already. Here, for your help."
Gilded Decorative Chest

@Arkanjel
@BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44804931] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/448050/44804931_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Mesquite was not at all fond of the treatment given to the altar, his face barely hiding a look of disgust, but when asked what the items may have been used for, he found himself compelled to reply. "I believe that all these items were for ceremonial purposes." He gestured around at the temple, and cast a subtle disapproving glance at Cora. "I believe that the cloth, and mask were worn-perhaps by a small dragon or familiar assistant- while the staff was carried as part of their status. The chest itself may or may have contained the object granted to whomever the ceremony was taking place for. Perhaps a sacrifice for the Lightweaver, or gift to another in favor. The Cindershrooms may have also been used as a kind of paint, as their spores look like cinders, creating an ethereal effect." He mumbled something under his breath, casting a less subtle disapproving look at the gathered dragons. "Happy Brightshine," said in a more audible voice.

Mesquite was not at all fond of the treatment given to the altar, his face barely hiding a look of disgust, but when asked what the items may have been used for, he found himself compelled to reply.
"I believe that all these items were for ceremonial purposes." He gestured around at the temple, and cast a subtle disapproving glance at Cora. "I believe that the cloth, and mask were worn-perhaps by a small dragon or familiar assistant- while the staff was carried as part of their status. The chest itself may or may have contained the object granted to whomever the ceremony was taking place for. Perhaps a sacrifice for the Lightweaver, or gift to another in favor. The Cindershrooms may have also been used as a kind of paint, as their spores look like cinders, creating an ethereal effect."
He mumbled something under his breath, casting a less subtle disapproving look at the gathered dragons. "Happy Brightshine," said in a more audible voice.
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
(@Valoria You pinged the wrong person as the winner)
(@Valoria You pinged the wrong person as the winner)
1WhYQHt.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14