Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Day 2

Returning to the new-found workshop, Gillian fluttered to the table, eyes lighting up as she stopped the Nocturne doll. "Oh! You found a ducky!" At Cora's look of total confusion, she went on. "When you're trying to build something, and you just can't get it, a lot of times you need to walk through the process again. So you explain what you're doing to a toy of some sort - the dragon who coined the term used a stuffed duck, so they all get called duckies now. By going over what you're doing again, nine times out of ten you figure out what went wrong." Giving the nocturne a pat on the head, Gillian turned to the rest of the items on the table, thinking them over.

"With a candle and venom, you really ought to call for a chemist, don't you think?" Gillian chuckled to herself. "But, lucky for you, I've picked up a few things in my days. Bonepriest venom can be very dangerous in its natural form - that much could send a fey into a very long coma." She gave the vial a side-eye, then continues. "But, that's not its only use. It loses its potency when heated into a gas, becoming instead a mild calming agent. Of course, too much gas, and you're liable to put dragons right to sleep!"

Gillian drummed her claws on the table, thinking. "Since so little bonepriest venom evaporates each time, it's difficult to control the gas. But, if you light a candle in a jar, heating the venom, and then close the jar, the candle will burn itself out - it'll use up all the oxygen in the jar, thus naturally limiting the amount of gas created."

The fey looked up in delight, wiggling her neck from side to side - a common gesture of excitement in fey, like the wag of a dog's tail. "That's actually ingenious - I'll have to take that back to the clan! And then, you pop open the jar and fan the gas towards whoever you want to calm down!"

Gillian took off in a rush, heading back for her clan. "We could learn so much from these dragons!" she called out.

Fun Fact! The "ducky" Gillian talks about is a real practice in programming!
Day 2

Returning to the new-found workshop, Gillian fluttered to the table, eyes lighting up as she stopped the Nocturne doll. "Oh! You found a ducky!" At Cora's look of total confusion, she went on. "When you're trying to build something, and you just can't get it, a lot of times you need to walk through the process again. So you explain what you're doing to a toy of some sort - the dragon who coined the term used a stuffed duck, so they all get called duckies now. By going over what you're doing again, nine times out of ten you figure out what went wrong." Giving the nocturne a pat on the head, Gillian turned to the rest of the items on the table, thinking them over.

"With a candle and venom, you really ought to call for a chemist, don't you think?" Gillian chuckled to herself. "But, lucky for you, I've picked up a few things in my days. Bonepriest venom can be very dangerous in its natural form - that much could send a fey into a very long coma." She gave the vial a side-eye, then continues. "But, that's not its only use. It loses its potency when heated into a gas, becoming instead a mild calming agent. Of course, too much gas, and you're liable to put dragons right to sleep!"

Gillian drummed her claws on the table, thinking. "Since so little bonepriest venom evaporates each time, it's difficult to control the gas. But, if you light a candle in a jar, heating the venom, and then close the jar, the candle will burn itself out - it'll use up all the oxygen in the jar, thus naturally limiting the amount of gas created."

The fey looked up in delight, wiggling her neck from side to side - a common gesture of excitement in fey, like the wag of a dog's tail. "That's actually ingenious - I'll have to take that back to the clan! And then, you pop open the jar and fan the gas towards whoever you want to calm down!"

Gillian took off in a rush, heading back for her clan. "We could learn so much from these dragons!" she called out.

Fun Fact! The "ducky" Gillian talks about is a real practice in programming!
~Kit~They/Them~Lesbian~Spiral Lover~
[center][b]Day Two[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50248502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/502486/50248502.png[/img] [/url][/center] Podei nods and smiles, “The earthquake scared Clade nearly half to death, I couldn’t convince him to join me today, [s]for better or worse…[/s],” She doesn’t seem to miss her friend to much. Excited to begin, she looks over the materials with excitement, and holds back a frown when none of it is cool technological bits like yesterday, “Hmmm, I mean, my mom [i]was[/i] an anthropologist so it's probably something really simple…” She trails off and gently pushes the items around in different orders. Come on, Podei, thinkthinkTHINK. This has got to be easier than it looks. Suddenly, a pang hits her head, and a wave of nausea courses through her. She braces herself and waits for the pain to pass. After a few seconds, it fades, and leaves her with a sense of clarity. “Perhaps… it’s a funeral ceremony?” She asks, and looks to Cora, “The jar holds the ashes, and the candle is for paying respects… maybe the puppet and feathers were some treasured objects of the dragon? I don’t know how the venom would fit in, though… maybe that was for something else.” She says decisively. “I sure hope that helped a bit, I haven’t really kept up with my studies for, hmm… 8 or 9 moons? I hope to get back into the swing of it soon.” She grins, “But I’d love to keep helping! Maybe I’ll come with a friend… other than Clade next time.”
Day Two

50248502.png

Podei nods and smiles, “The earthquake scared Clade nearly half to death, I couldn’t convince him to join me today, for better or worse…,” She doesn’t seem to miss her friend to much. Excited to begin, she looks over the materials with excitement, and holds back a frown when none of it is cool technological bits like yesterday, “Hmmm, I mean, my mom was an anthropologist so it's probably something really simple…” She trails off and gently pushes the items around in different orders. Come on, Podei, thinkthinkTHINK. This has got to be easier than it looks.

Suddenly, a pang hits her head, and a wave of nausea courses through her. She braces herself and waits for the pain to pass. After a few seconds, it fades, and leaves her with a sense of clarity.

“Perhaps… it’s a funeral ceremony?” She asks, and looks to Cora, “The jar holds the ashes, and the candle is for paying respects… maybe the puppet and feathers were some treasured objects of the dragon? I don’t know how the venom would fit in, though… maybe that was for something else.” She says decisively.

“I sure hope that helped a bit, I haven’t really kept up with my studies for, hmm… 8 or 9 moons? I hope to get back into the swing of it soon.” She grins, “But I’d love to keep helping! Maybe I’ll come with a friend… other than Clade next time.”
about/faq
wishlist
flipnote art shop
[b][center]Day 2[/center][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] Thoughfully tilting her head to the side, Vona inspected the weird objects. She let out a soft "Hmmm", streching her small wings. "Well", she called out, "This is an imperessive trap laying here! Let me explain, will you?" Over-comitted, as always, she grabbed the puppet. "Imagine!", she demanded, lifting the puppet up, over her head, following the Nocturne with her eyes, "a dark room! This hanging on the ceiling, then" She let the puppet drop back on the table, hastily reaching for the Candle. "Light!" Vona made a dramatic pause, fixing Cora with her eyes. She lowered her voice when she continued talking. "The shadow will look huge!" Screaming the last word, she flapped her wings in excitement. "And the smoke! You can scare [i]nearly [/i]any dragon to death with that... but thats not all! Warm air will go up and m-o-v-i-n-g", spelling every letter, she put the candle back to the other items, not letting the flame out of her sight, "the wings of the puppet! It will look a-l-i-v-e!" Catching some breath, she giggled, shaking her head. "You think that's it? Oh no, there's even more!" The Porcelain Jar nearly fell of the table, when she took it. "Dragons are greedy! and there are some, who won't be afraid of this genius trap! I, for example, am pretty adventerous and of course I would never be fooled by something like that! However... So you put..." Opening the Jar clumsily, Vona tried to talk on. "...you...put the feathers in there. It looks like a pretty, valuable Jar, so who wouldn't open it, right? You tuck your paw in there...or empty it out... and grab the feathers. And while wondering why there isn't something... worthy, you will be..." Upholding the small glass, she wispered: "[i]poisoned![/i]" Letting out a suprised scream, she nearly dropped the venom. "Spooky" Her wings flapping, she put the glass back on the table, shuddering. An uncomfortable laugh left her Snout. "...Not that I [i]am[/i] scared... though." [b][/b]
Day 2

51666974_350.png

Thoughfully tilting her head to the side, Vona inspected the weird objects.
She let out a soft "Hmmm", streching her small wings.
"Well", she called out, "This is an imperessive trap laying here! Let me explain, will you?"
Over-comitted, as always, she grabbed the puppet.
"Imagine!", she demanded, lifting the puppet up, over her head, following the Nocturne with her eyes, "a dark room! This hanging on the ceiling, then" She let the puppet drop back on the table, hastily reaching for the Candle. "Light!"
Vona made a dramatic pause, fixing Cora with her eyes. She lowered her voice when she continued talking.
"The shadow will look huge!" Screaming the last word, she flapped her wings in excitement. "And the smoke! You can scare nearly any dragon to death with that... but thats not all! Warm air will go up and m-o-v-i-n-g", spelling every letter, she put the candle back to the other items, not letting the flame out of her sight, "the wings of the puppet! It will look a-l-i-v-e!"
Catching some breath, she giggled, shaking her head. "You think that's it? Oh no, there's even more!"
The Porcelain Jar nearly fell of the table, when she took it. "Dragons are greedy! and there are some, who won't be afraid of this genius trap! I, for example, am pretty adventerous and of course I would never be fooled by something like that! However... So you put..." Opening the Jar clumsily, Vona tried to talk on. "...you...put the feathers in there. It looks like a pretty, valuable Jar, so who wouldn't open it, right? You tuck your paw in there...or empty it out... and grab the feathers. And while wondering why there isn't something... worthy, you will be..."
Upholding the small glass, she wispered: "poisoned!"
Letting out a suprised scream, she nearly dropped the venom.
"Spooky" Her wings flapping, she put the glass back on the table, shuddering. An uncomfortable laugh left her Snout.
"...Not that I am scared... though."
[center][b][ Day Two ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] [sub]While silent, Asca shared Cora's concern and worriedly nod his head in agreement. As the Imperial woke both of them from their thoughts Asca looked up though, "Ah!", he exclaimed in interest and the concern seemed forgotten as he trotted over to the presented items. "Oh!", he continued, finding words earlier than yesterday. "Don't you think this could be the remnants of of a burial?" It was just his first immediate impression that was for some reason eager to be told out loud, but it seemed to make sense to him. "What fine material, and in such good condition! It may be an urn & the other things could be intended for the dead one to take into the afterlife. There have always been clans believing in an afterlife with the gods, after all. Or without them, in enough cases." While the existence of their gods was hard to deny (though he was sure some maniacs tried, despite all facts...) afterlife was a more complicated topic. Most Imperials surely hoped there was none such a thing as afterlife, he thought with a quick look to the large female. "Anyway", he then continued, "if so there could be several meanings to those objects. Candles of course are a common object for funerals. Most dragons interested in a little bit of imagery know about the meaning of life as the glowing light directly tied in with the symbolism of vanity, the end of all things - especially life - as inevitably the candle will burn out." A short silent pause - not very commemorating though, as Asca ended it too soon again. "The Puppet could be a rough replica of the dragon - maybe it was believed this could contain the dragon's soul. But it could also be just what it looks like: a toy. Maybe the funeral was for a lost hatchling or egg and a toy was given for the child's amusement in afterlife? Fans made out of Basilisk feathers like this one are said to grant youth, which could be related. A gift to stay young and enjoy the afterlife in innocence - [i]but[/i], the venom seems unusual in this case, indeed. It's not unusual that things for attack and protection are given to the dead among superstitious clans, but probably rather to fighters and dragons with enemies, I suppose. We should ask experts on those topics for this!" He couldn't imagine there were none around - so with that he was on his way out of the workshop again to find some. [item=Bonepriest Venom][item=Nocturne Puppet][item=Tallow Candle][item=Basilisk Feather Fan][item=Ornate Porcelain Jar] ----- [sub]Ahh, I have too much fun with these... I hope OP is not bored by everyone rping even when so many forms of entry are allowed, but I just love the rp opportunities during festivals... ;v; Also I hope its fine like this? I feel like the standard size creates such a wall of text [s]no, I create the wall of text[/s] but if it's too small like this I'm gonna make it larger again!
[ Day Two ]

46111459.png

While silent, Asca shared Cora's concern and worriedly nod his head in agreement.
As the Imperial woke both of them from their thoughts Asca looked up though, "Ah!", he exclaimed in interest and the concern seemed forgotten as he trotted over to the presented items.

"Oh!", he continued, finding words earlier than yesterday. "Don't you think this could be the remnants of of a burial?"
It was just his first immediate impression that was for some reason eager to be told out loud, but it seemed to make sense to him.

"What fine material, and in such good condition! It may be an urn & the other things could be intended for the dead one to take into the afterlife. There have always been clans believing in an afterlife with the gods, after all. Or without them, in enough cases."
While the existence of their gods was hard to deny (though he was sure some maniacs tried, despite all facts...) afterlife was a more complicated topic.
Most Imperials surely hoped there was none such a thing as afterlife, he thought with a quick look to the large female.

"Anyway", he then continued, "if so there could be several meanings to those objects. Candles of course are a common object for funerals. Most dragons interested in a little bit of imagery know about the meaning of life as the glowing light directly tied in with the symbolism of vanity, the end of all things - especially life - as inevitably the candle will burn out." A short silent pause - not very commemorating though, as Asca ended it too soon again.

"The Puppet could be a rough replica of the dragon - maybe it was believed this could contain the dragon's soul. But it could also be just what it looks like: a toy. Maybe the funeral was for a lost hatchling or egg and a toy was given for the child's amusement in afterlife? Fans made out of Basilisk feathers like this one are said to grant youth, which could be related. A gift to stay young and enjoy the afterlife in innocence - but, the venom seems unusual in this case, indeed. It's not unusual that things for attack and protection are given to the dead among superstitious clans, but probably rather to fighters and dragons with enemies, I suppose. We should ask experts on those topics for this!"
He couldn't imagine there were none around - so with that he was on his way out of the workshop again to find some.

Bonepriest Venom Nocturne Puppet Tallow Candle Basilisk Feather Fan Ornate Porcelain Jar

Ahh, I have too much fun with these...
I hope OP is not bored by everyone rping even when so many forms of entry are allowed, but I just love the rp opportunities during festivals... ;v;
Also I hope its fine like this? I feel like the standard size creates such a wall of text no, I create the wall of text but if it's too small like this I'm gonna make it larger again!
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 16[/b] I foremost wanted to thank everyone for participating, the event is off to a great start and it's a true delight to be able to experience both your creativity and your lovely dragons! @quietgal is our merit winner today! @MandragoraAutumn and @mewCoyote are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody, and keep the entries coming. This event will be going for a while yet! c:[/center] [quote][center] View quietgal's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/1#post_39410402]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/center] Cora turns Amber's creation over in her paws inquisitively. She considers it for a moment, then nods thoughtfully. "Of course. A cradle! Some of the acolytes must have been mothers and fathers, I imagine they hung their babies by them as they worked." Cora sets the device back down on the table carefully and pulls out a quill. With a few swift strokes, she records it on the parchment. There's a low grumble from some of the archeologists contrasted by those murmuring their agreement. Cora seems to disregard both reactions as she gives the cradle a once over again. Then, she looks up. "Dustglider?" She looks around at the archeologists around her. There's a few shrugs to answer her accompanied by noncommittal words. Cora's gaze turns back to Amber apologetically. "Evidently, no one knows who you're looking for. But thank you, and for your time-" Cora reaches under the table and pulls a chest out. "Please, take this." [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter[/size]
Winners
June 16

I foremost wanted to thank everyone for participating, the event is off to a great start and it's a true delight to be able to experience both your creativity and your lovely dragons!

@quietgal is our merit winner today! @MandragoraAutumn and @mewCoyote are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody, and keep the entries coming. This event will be going for a while yet! c:
Quote:
View quietgal's entry here!

13697861_350.png

Cora turns Amber's creation over in her paws inquisitively. She considers it for a moment, then nods thoughtfully.

"Of course. A cradle! Some of the acolytes must have been mothers and fathers, I imagine they hung their babies by them as they worked." Cora sets the device back down on the table carefully and pulls out a quill. With a few swift strokes, she records it on the parchment. There's a low grumble from some of the archeologists contrasted by those murmuring their agreement.

Cora seems to disregard both reactions as she gives the cradle a once over again. Then, she looks up. "Dustglider?" She looks around at the archeologists around her. There's a few shrugs to answer her accompanied by noncommittal words. Cora's gaze turns back to Amber apologetically.

"Evidently, no one knows who you're looking for. But thank you, and for your time-" Cora reaches under the table and pulls a chest out. "Please, take this."
Gilded Decorative Chest

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/jQcTx4S.png[/img] [b]Day Two: Nocturne Candle Holder With an Oil Storage Unit[/b]
jQcTx4S.png

Day Two: Nocturne Candle Holder With an Oil Storage Unit
2484046.png
Day Two: Cruel intentions

Stumbling once more upon Cora and her work was hardly the first thing Amber expected would happen when she entered the workshop that day. The table outside had been gone, after all, and so was the crowd from the previous day. Only here she was, right at the doorstep – that same regal Imperial, scoffing at the now finely dispersed group of archeologist from before, scrunching her muzzle whenever there was a particularly loud shout. Giving a challenge… again.

Amber was about to melt back into the hot outdoors – when one of the objects on the table peaked her interest: a Nocturne puppet. It looked a little like her, dusty and worn, only its muzzle was all wrong and the joints seemed to be falling apart. The most stable part seemed to be the belly of the tiny beast. Part of what invention could that have been…?

Amber turned to look at the rest of the objects – a feathered fan, a few feathers loose – the type that was rumoured to freeze time and keep you looking young forever - a candle, a jar, a bottle of-

The Nocturne hissed when she read the label, almost dropping the vial. The Imperial turned. “Hm? Oh, it’s you. Hello again,” Cora said.

Amber put the vial down carefully, glancing up at the other dragon. “That’s devious”, Amber answered.

“Excuse me?”

Amber looked around, fidgeting with her claws, but she couldn’t really take the silence too long. “I said it’s devious, this little contraption here. Or, like, it could be? Please don’t be mad. I’m not saying we could poison dragons with this – wait, actually, that’s exactly what I’m saying…”

The young dragon sighed, realizing she got herself in another explanation. “Look.”
She lifted the marionette up in the air. Its muzzle, too long and heavy, hung in shame.

“It’s unbalanced on its own”, Amber began. “But if you were to put something heavy in the belly, towards the tail, like maybe this nicely proportioned jar that is even shaped like the torso a little-“ Amber weighted the marionette’s lower back down with a claw. The end result ended up more closely resembling the classic proud pose of a Nocturne in flight – head high, tail low. “And there! Suddenly you have a secret compartment. Now, I would go with another breed to make it extra innocuous, but I suppose us being rather mysterious makes it a sweet inside joke. Also, given what the rest of these seem to be for… Well. Maybe it was a show of black humour, seeing as we’re so often thought to be spies or assassins of the night…”

Cora furrows her brow. “I’m afraid I fail to follow. You’re yet to explain how one could poison with these.”

Amber pulled one of the feathers that had presumably either fallen from the fan or hadn’t yet been put in. “You know how you can write with feathers if you dip them in ink, right? Not the most efficient, but it gets the job done. It’s because their insides are empty and suck any liquid in. Liquid like, say, Bonepriest venom. Hold them in that vial for a moment and you’d have a tiny dose in each feather!”

“Wouldn’t that leak everywhere”, Cora smiled briefly.

“Not if you dip the ends in still hot wax”, Amber said, nodding towards the candle.

“If you’re nifty, you’ll be able to cap them and prevent the poison from spilling until you decide to break the seal yourself. Then you arrange your feathers into a fancy fan and you’re ready to bring them anywhere without anyone growing suspicious. And if you're a perfectionist, you use feathers of a similar colour to the poison itself, as was done in the current example. This way even the most observant would pay no extra mind to your fan! And, when you're done prepping your weapon, you hide your poisoner’s tools back in the puppet’s secret compartment, where none will search for them.”

Amber looked one last time at the arrangement in front of her. “You know, a friend of mine once told me: the only surefire way to never end up looking old is to die young.”

(how did this end up so long? Sorry, judges.
edit: darn typos again. Should really stop writing my prompts after midnight.)
Day Two: Cruel intentions

Stumbling once more upon Cora and her work was hardly the first thing Amber expected would happen when she entered the workshop that day. The table outside had been gone, after all, and so was the crowd from the previous day. Only here she was, right at the doorstep – that same regal Imperial, scoffing at the now finely dispersed group of archeologist from before, scrunching her muzzle whenever there was a particularly loud shout. Giving a challenge… again.

Amber was about to melt back into the hot outdoors – when one of the objects on the table peaked her interest: a Nocturne puppet. It looked a little like her, dusty and worn, only its muzzle was all wrong and the joints seemed to be falling apart. The most stable part seemed to be the belly of the tiny beast. Part of what invention could that have been…?

Amber turned to look at the rest of the objects – a feathered fan, a few feathers loose – the type that was rumoured to freeze time and keep you looking young forever - a candle, a jar, a bottle of-

The Nocturne hissed when she read the label, almost dropping the vial. The Imperial turned. “Hm? Oh, it’s you. Hello again,” Cora said.

Amber put the vial down carefully, glancing up at the other dragon. “That’s devious”, Amber answered.

“Excuse me?”

Amber looked around, fidgeting with her claws, but she couldn’t really take the silence too long. “I said it’s devious, this little contraption here. Or, like, it could be? Please don’t be mad. I’m not saying we could poison dragons with this – wait, actually, that’s exactly what I’m saying…”

The young dragon sighed, realizing she got herself in another explanation. “Look.”
She lifted the marionette up in the air. Its muzzle, too long and heavy, hung in shame.

“It’s unbalanced on its own”, Amber began. “But if you were to put something heavy in the belly, towards the tail, like maybe this nicely proportioned jar that is even shaped like the torso a little-“ Amber weighted the marionette’s lower back down with a claw. The end result ended up more closely resembling the classic proud pose of a Nocturne in flight – head high, tail low. “And there! Suddenly you have a secret compartment. Now, I would go with another breed to make it extra innocuous, but I suppose us being rather mysterious makes it a sweet inside joke. Also, given what the rest of these seem to be for… Well. Maybe it was a show of black humour, seeing as we’re so often thought to be spies or assassins of the night…”

Cora furrows her brow. “I’m afraid I fail to follow. You’re yet to explain how one could poison with these.”

Amber pulled one of the feathers that had presumably either fallen from the fan or hadn’t yet been put in. “You know how you can write with feathers if you dip them in ink, right? Not the most efficient, but it gets the job done. It’s because their insides are empty and suck any liquid in. Liquid like, say, Bonepriest venom. Hold them in that vial for a moment and you’d have a tiny dose in each feather!”

“Wouldn’t that leak everywhere”, Cora smiled briefly.

“Not if you dip the ends in still hot wax”, Amber said, nodding towards the candle.

“If you’re nifty, you’ll be able to cap them and prevent the poison from spilling until you decide to break the seal yourself. Then you arrange your feathers into a fancy fan and you’re ready to bring them anywhere without anyone growing suspicious. And if you're a perfectionist, you use feathers of a similar colour to the poison itself, as was done in the current example. This way even the most observant would pay no extra mind to your fan! And, when you're done prepping your weapon, you hide your poisoner’s tools back in the puppet’s secret compartment, where none will search for them.”

Amber looked one last time at the arrangement in front of her. “You know, a friend of mine once told me: the only surefire way to never end up looking old is to die young.”

(how did this end up so long? Sorry, judges.
edit: darn typos again. Should really stop writing my prompts after midnight.)
tLqgaTW.png
[center][b]DAY TWO[/b][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/42888/4288771.png[/img][/center] "Ex[i]cuse[/i] me," sniffs a dragon who looks like she's just waltzed out of a tropical plant show. She flicks her front claws at those crowded around a table, wings held high to keep them from touching anyone. "Move aside, please. I've just been repainted; you'll smudge me. Make [i]room.[/i]" Only after she clears enough space for herself to get comfortable without smearing her pattern does Vriesea bend her neck low to see the components on the table, going near to cross-eyed trying to focus on the tiny objects over her snout. A few delicate, open-mouthed breaths, and she straightens up with a haughty grunt. "As an artist and beauty of great renown, I am more qualified than anyone else here to discuss matters of appearance. I tell you, that is no mere [i]invention[/i]. I have studied the makeup secrets of the ancients and those are the ingredients for a legendary anti-aging salve." One perfectly manicured and painted claw nudges the candle with its blunt side. She nods. Yes, that's the right texture, just as she thought. "This is tallow -- rendered animal fat, for those of you who haven't learned to make your own soaps." A pause while she addresses the crowd behind her. "Which is something I do, by the way. They come in lovely shapes. Seashells, flowers, miths... But I am getting off the topic. See me afterward for samples." And back to the candle. "Fats and oils work [i]wonders[/i] rubbed into hide or scales in moderation. They are a fine vehicle for pigments and potions that would run off or crumble. Like this." Vriesea picks up the bottle and holds it high in the air, turning it, watching it glitter. In her other hand, she clutches the fan. "Poisons often have medicinal properties when correctly refined and diluted. This one is best known for tightening and paralyzing organic tissues. Uncontrolled, it will kill a dragon. Appropriately mixed and applied in small doses, it is able to erase unsightly crow's feet and other hideous wrinkles. This effect is magnified by the use of applicators made of precious basilisk feathers, which carry remnant magic. "The fresher the feathers, the stronger the magic. It is even possible to de-age oneself. Indeed, those who can pluck and deliver them within a day command positively [i]exorbitant[/i] prices from dragons desperate to recapture their younger years," she says, fanning herself with them and smiling. "Not that [i]I[/i] need that kind of help, of course. My youthful looks are natural." "Go on, then," shouts a stranger in the crowd, clearly disbelieving her tale. She shoots him a glare the likes of which belong on hags and those suffering demonic possession before returning to her usual pearly-white and peaceful smile. He carries on, undaunted. "What's the puppet for, huh? Grind it up and eat it for metabolic health? Rub it on the paws to banish athlete's claw?" She huffs and slaps the fan down. "Oh, don't be stupid. It's just a silly hatchling toy. Whoever owned this kit must have de-aged themselves [i]too[/i] much."
DAY TWO
4288771.png

"Excuse me," sniffs a dragon who looks like she's just waltzed out of a tropical plant show. She flicks her front claws at those crowded around a table, wings held high to keep them from touching anyone. "Move aside, please. I've just been repainted; you'll smudge me. Make room."

Only after she clears enough space for herself to get comfortable without smearing her pattern does Vriesea bend her neck low to see the components on the table, going near to cross-eyed trying to focus on the tiny objects over her snout. A few delicate, open-mouthed breaths, and she straightens up with a haughty grunt.

"As an artist and beauty of great renown, I am more qualified than anyone else here to discuss matters of appearance. I tell you, that is no mere invention. I have studied the makeup secrets of the ancients and those are the ingredients for a legendary anti-aging salve."

One perfectly manicured and painted claw nudges the candle with its blunt side. She nods. Yes, that's the right texture, just as she thought.

"This is tallow -- rendered animal fat, for those of you who haven't learned to make your own soaps." A pause while she addresses the crowd behind her. "Which is something I do, by the way. They come in lovely shapes. Seashells, flowers, miths... But I am getting off the topic. See me afterward for samples." And back to the candle. "Fats and oils work wonders rubbed into hide or scales in moderation. They are a fine vehicle for pigments and potions that would run off or crumble. Like this."

Vriesea picks up the bottle and holds it high in the air, turning it, watching it glitter. In her other hand, she clutches the fan. "Poisons often have medicinal properties when correctly refined and diluted. This one is best known for tightening and paralyzing organic tissues. Uncontrolled, it will kill a dragon. Appropriately mixed and applied in small doses, it is able to erase unsightly crow's feet and other hideous wrinkles. This effect is magnified by the use of applicators made of precious basilisk feathers, which carry remnant magic.

"The fresher the feathers, the stronger the magic. It is even possible to de-age oneself. Indeed, those who can pluck and deliver them within a day command positively exorbitant prices from dragons desperate to recapture their younger years," she says, fanning herself with them and smiling. "Not that I need that kind of help, of course. My youthful looks are natural."

"Go on, then," shouts a stranger in the crowd, clearly disbelieving her tale. She shoots him a glare the likes of which belong on hags and those suffering demonic possession before returning to her usual pearly-white and peaceful smile. He carries on, undaunted. "What's the puppet for, huh? Grind it up and eat it for metabolic health? Rub it on the paws to banish athlete's claw?"

She huffs and slaps the fan down. "Oh, don't be stupid. It's just a silly hatchling toy. Whoever owned this kit must have de-aged themselves too much."
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
This is the prompt for June 18th. Note that [b]submissions for the June 17th prompt are still open[/b] until rollover in 3 and 1/2 hours! This posting however, also opens up the June 18th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. Have a great evening all! [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Three[/b] [center]Once more, the archeologists inhabiting the camp are flooding the workshop in droves. While most linger in the main foyer, they do so hugging the walls. Most lean forward, staring down into the long hallways preceded by the alcove's openings. A few hold lanterns; A worrying number don't. It hardly helps that the workshop is lit mainly by lanterns brought in by the archeologists, along with a few bioluminescent vines that have inevitably crept their way along the ancient walls. They're mostly relying on each other to not stumble down a path from which they won't return while disapproving guards are forced to escort the ones who voluntarily choose to. The rest, not participating in this strange endeavor, are sitting in a corner under a lamplight or at the rare, clear ancient worktable. They record what seems like data, but not data they're actively gathering. At a table near the front sits Cora with several stacks of papers on her desk and a myriad of dizzying numbers written on a majority of those papers. She's writing rapidly, her quill scratching the parchment as she stares at one paper while copying it onto the other. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] It's another archeologist that gains her attention this time, reaching over and poking her in the side. Her head shoots up, and then she shakes it, ridding herself of her stupor. "Another volunteer, good. We're too busy to do anything but this today." She pushes forward the paper she's currently writing, which is packed full of information in the tiniest script the imperial could manage. She follows your gaze to the alcoves and sighs. "This is data we collected yesterday after the earthquake. The archeologists here are determined to find out it's source; They're sending search parties down these hallways that line the workshop." She hesitates a moment, biting the tip of her quill's feather. "I'm sure," She amends quickly, "That most lead to another room. I just worry about the ones that don't." The heightened guard presence in the room makes a lot more sense. Cora looks away for a moment and focuses on a dragon as they disappear down the hallway, becoming a distant lantern glow quickly. "I suppose you're here to help with the remnants." Cora says finally, her gaze not returning to you. "Here. Make of these what you will." [item=featherback pelt][item=brilliant brass torc][item=stone knife][item=sandstone][item=lightweaver marble bust][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants[/size]
This is the prompt for June 18th. Note that submissions for the June 17th prompt are still open until rollover in 3 and 1/2 hours! This posting however, also opens up the June 18th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. Have a great evening all!

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Three
Once more, the archeologists inhabiting the camp are flooding the workshop in droves. While most linger in the main foyer, they do so hugging the walls. Most lean forward, staring down into the long hallways preceded by the alcove's openings. A few hold lanterns; A worrying number don't. It hardly helps that the workshop is lit mainly by lanterns brought in by the archeologists, along with a few bioluminescent vines that have inevitably crept their way along the ancient walls. They're mostly relying on each other to not stumble down a path from which they won't return while disapproving guards are forced to escort the ones who voluntarily choose to.

The rest, not participating in this strange endeavor, are sitting in a corner under a lamplight or at the rare, clear ancient worktable. They record what seems like data, but not data they're actively gathering. At a table near the front sits Cora with several stacks of papers on her desk and a myriad of dizzying numbers written on a majority of those papers. She's writing rapidly, her quill scratching the parchment as she stares at one paper while copying it onto the other.

13697861_350.png

It's another archeologist that gains her attention this time, reaching over and poking her in the side. Her head shoots up, and then she shakes it, ridding herself of her stupor.

"Another volunteer, good. We're too busy to do anything but this today." She pushes forward the paper she's currently writing, which is packed full of information in the tiniest script the imperial could manage. She follows your gaze to the alcoves and sighs.

"This is data we collected yesterday after the earthquake. The archeologists here are determined to find out it's source; They're sending search parties down these hallways that line the workshop." She hesitates a moment, biting the tip of her quill's feather.

"I'm sure," She amends quickly, "That most lead to another room. I just worry about the ones that don't."

The heightened guard presence in the room makes a lot more sense. Cora looks away for a moment and focuses on a dragon as they disappear down the hallway, becoming a distant lantern glow quickly.

"I suppose you're here to help with the remnants." Cora says finally, her gaze not returning to you. "Here. Make of these what you will."

Featherback Pelt Brilliant Brass Torc Stone Knife Sandstone Lightweaver Marble Bust

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[b]Day 2[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/oFSp1eS.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26997871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269979/26997871_350.png[/img] [/url] "It's definitely some kind of trap, seeing the venom and the jar. I guess if you let the venom soak into the puppet inside of the jar, it could be use to trick unsuspecting dragons? I suppose the candle is used to smoke the puppet to hide the scent of the venom. Or that the venom is heat-activated? Either way the fan could be - Idiot Sandwich where's the fan - HEY don't pour in more venom it's going to get into my eye - this goddamn bird!!"
Day 2

oFSp1eS.png

26997871_350.png

"It's definitely some kind of trap, seeing the venom and the jar. I guess if you let the venom soak into the puppet inside of the jar, it could be use to trick unsuspecting dragons? I suppose the candle is used to smoke the puppet to hide the scent of the venom. Or that the venom is heat-activated? Either way the fan could be - Idiot Sandwich where's the fan - HEY don't pour in more venom it's going to get into my eye - this goddamn bird!!"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14