Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@quietgal You do not need to ping! Thank you for participating :)

@mewCoyote @Snek @quietgal

Thank you folks so much for participating! Your tickets and entries are recorded. Awesome entries so far, I love the creativity! c:
@quietgal You do not need to ping! Thank you for participating :)

@mewCoyote @Snek @quietgal

Thank you folks so much for participating! Your tickets and entries are recorded. Awesome entries so far, I love the creativity! c:
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
The raffle prizes are now live! Thank you everyone for your patience c:
The raffle prizes are now live! Thank you everyone for your patience c:
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43339506] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433396/43339506_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Grisia peers down at the objects on the table before hesitantly reaching out and plucking the spring from the table. "I'm no engineer, but some of these items remind me of this toy I played with as a hatchling," he grabs the rope and threads it through the top ring of the spring. "I don't remember what it was called, but instead of a turtle shell, it was a stuffed animal that had a spring tied onto the bottom. You would push it down then let go as fast as you can and it would jump into the air. Of course, the stuffed animal would wear out after a bit, so I can see why they were using a shell; it's much sturdier." He picks up the turtle shell and places it on top of the spring before tying a knot on the top of the shell, connecting them together. "Though, it looks like even this would wear out after a while, you see these little cracks along the top of the shell? It's probably not a good idea to press down on it too hard." He places his finished piece upon the table and steps back. "It doesn't use all the pieces, though?" Cora observes. Grisia fidgets a bit before making his way back to the table. "Am I supposed to..? Uuh, these things probably go inside the shell... You put the little pieces of metal in first and then stuff the reeds in the holes so they can't fall out. Then the pieces in the middle, the metal, make noise when you make the shell jump." He makes sure the reeds won't fall out before pressing down on the shell and letting go; the shell makes a rattling noise as it leaps into the air and falls on Grisia's head. "Maybe it's not so safe for hatchlings," he mumbles in embarrassment, "I guess that's why mine was a stuffed animal."

Grisia peers down at the objects on the table before hesitantly reaching out and plucking the spring from the table.

"I'm no engineer, but some of these items remind me of this toy I played with as a hatchling," he grabs the rope and threads it through the top ring of the spring.

"I don't remember what it was called, but instead of a turtle shell, it was a stuffed animal that had a spring tied onto the bottom. You would push it down then let go as fast as you can and it would jump into the air. Of course, the stuffed animal would wear out after a bit, so I can see why they were using a shell; it's much sturdier." He picks up the turtle shell and places it on top of the spring before tying a knot on the top of the shell, connecting them together.

"Though, it looks like even this would wear out after a while, you see these little cracks along the top of the shell? It's probably not a good idea to press down on it too hard." He places his finished piece upon the table and steps back.

"It doesn't use all the pieces, though?" Cora observes. Grisia fidgets a bit before making his way back to the table.

"Am I supposed to..? Uuh, these things probably go inside the shell... You put the little pieces of metal in first and then stuff the reeds in the holes so they can't fall out. Then the pieces in the middle, the metal, make noise when you make the shell jump." He makes sure the reeds won't fall out before pressing down on the shell and letting go; the shell makes a rattling noise as it leaps into the air and falls on Grisia's head.

"Maybe it's not so safe for hatchlings," he mumbles in embarrassment, "I guess that's why mine was a stuffed animal."
0jTX3am.gifsig_by_cas_a_fras-db0ohro.pngcmtI1YU.png
[columns][right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48491038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/484911/48491038.png[/img] [/url][/right][nextcol][left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50248502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/502486/50248502.png[/img] [/url][/left][/columns] "Oh!! Oh!! I see!!' The ditzy spiral, Clade, says with complete confidence. The Tundra that stands next to him just shakes her head and looks away. It's clear that she doesn't believe her companion to [i]actually[/i] see what this used to be. "It's like a-- uh- a pulling thing!" He boasts proudly, "You can move things really high really fast!" "A... pulling thing?" The tundra scoffs. It's clear some of the archaeologists here share the same sentiment. 'A pulling thing' isn't the best descriptive when talking about an ancient invention that some tired science like individuals are ready to throw hands over. "Yeayeah!" He smiles, and looks to his friend, "I did the mystery thing! Did I do good, Podei?" However, instead of his friend replying, it's Cora, who simply says, "Can you... build this 'Pulling Thing'?"" with a no nonsense look on her face. Clade shrinks back in response. He definitely isn't the one who should be in this situation. "I mean, yeah," He sits and pulls his long tail in front of his face, "Watch." Using his tail as a makeshift pole, he slides the spring onto it, then lines up the Yuccarope to fit in the gaps between wire. He attempts to tie the turtle shell with the rope. The knots confuse him so much, he is basically pushing the two ends together until something that vaguely resembles a knot appears. Satisfied, he looks to the rest of the materials and frowns. He didn't think this far ahead. He glances at Podei, who gives a small, barely noticeable shrug, so he turns back and quickly shoves those into the shell. "Ta-daaa!" His invention is met with silence. No one is sure what to say, even Podei looks confused despite them being close friends. He looks towards his invention and pulls the string a few times to show it off. It appears to work like a pulley, when he pulls on the string the shell lifts up above the ground gently. He... really didn't expect that to work. He gives a "wow" in excitement as he does it a few more times, each time faster than the other, until he gives it one big tug and the shell launches up in the air, the scrap metal and reeds almost floating for a brief, majestic second before hitting him square in the face. "Ow,," Clade whimpers as the shell falls back on his head to resemble a helmet, "Sorry..." "Come on, Clade, you've wasted enough time." Podei tells him, and removed the shell from his head. She then turns to Cora, "I'm awfully sorry for my friend. He gets caught up in things, he doesn't mean any harm. I hope we weren't to big of a distraction." "Yeah," Clade whispers, "Sorry again." The spiral skitters away, leaving his friend to pick up the mess he made. Podei doesn't seem to mind, she just cleans it up, staring longingly at the parts. "If you need any more help, maybe you can talk to me? My dad was an inventor, maybe I'll have better insight then..." She looks to Clade, then sighs, "Thank you for indulging him, I'll see you later, I hope."

"Oh!! Oh!! I see!!' The ditzy spiral, Clade, says with complete confidence. The Tundra that stands next to him just shakes her head and looks away. It's clear that she doesn't believe her companion to actually see what this used to be.

"It's like a-- uh- a pulling thing!" He boasts proudly, "You can move things really high really fast!"

"A... pulling thing?" The tundra scoffs. It's clear some of the archaeologists here share the same sentiment. 'A pulling thing' isn't the best descriptive when talking about an ancient invention that some tired science like individuals are ready to throw hands over.

"Yeayeah!" He smiles, and looks to his friend, "I did the mystery thing! Did I do good, Podei?"

However, instead of his friend replying, it's Cora, who simply says, "Can you... build this 'Pulling Thing'?"" with a no nonsense look on her face. Clade shrinks back in response. He definitely isn't the one who should be in this situation.

"I mean, yeah," He sits and pulls his long tail in front of his face, "Watch."

Using his tail as a makeshift pole, he slides the spring onto it, then lines up the Yuccarope to fit in the gaps between wire. He attempts to tie the turtle shell with the rope. The knots confuse him so much, he is basically pushing the two ends together until something that vaguely resembles a knot appears. Satisfied, he looks to the rest of the materials and frowns. He didn't think this far ahead. He glances at Podei, who gives a small, barely noticeable shrug, so he turns back and quickly shoves those into the shell.

"Ta-daaa!"

His invention is met with silence. No one is sure what to say, even Podei looks confused despite them being close friends. He looks towards his invention and pulls the string a few times to show it off. It appears to work like a pulley, when he pulls on the string the shell lifts up above the ground gently. He... really didn't expect that to work. He gives a "wow" in excitement as he does it a few more times, each time faster than the other, until he gives it one big tug and the shell launches up in the air, the scrap metal and reeds almost floating for a brief, majestic second before hitting him square in the face.

"Ow,," Clade whimpers as the shell falls back on his head to resemble a helmet, "Sorry..."

"Come on, Clade, you've wasted enough time." Podei tells him, and removed the shell from his head. She then turns to Cora, "I'm awfully sorry for my friend. He gets caught up in things, he doesn't mean any harm. I hope we weren't to big of a distraction."

"Yeah," Clade whispers, "Sorry again."

The spiral skitters away, leaving his friend to pick up the mess he made. Podei doesn't seem to mind, she just cleans it up, staring longingly at the parts.

"If you need any more help, maybe you can talk to me? My dad was an inventor, maybe I'll have better insight then..." She looks to Clade, then sighs, "Thank you for indulging him, I'll see you later, I hope."

about/faq
wishlist
flipnote art shop
This is the prompt for June 17th. Note that [b]submissions for the June 16th prompt are still open[/b] until rollover in four hours! This posting however, also opens up the June 17th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. Happy inventing! [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Two[/b] Though the density of the camp around the workshop is still just as intense as it was the previous day, the camp is notably less busy in and around the hastily strewn together buildings as it was yesterday. Instead, an absurd amount of noise is coming from within the workshop itself. A hum of shouts along with the clangs of tools are the most prominent. The table in front of the entrance is still there, but the archeologists - and Cora - are gone. As you enter the workshop for the first time, you're amazed by the wide, spacious stone cavern that it is. Elegantly carved pillars and statues decorate the walls. Alcoves lead dragons deep into the Hewn City down long hallways. You've even heard somewhere in there is a massive labyrinth from which no dragon can escape. The stone workbenches that line the cavern in neat, organized rows are covered with unfinished inventions. But the main attraction of the day seems to be the walls of the cavern; You soon realize this is where most dragons have disappeared into. They're taking what seems like readings of the cavern and yelling them at each other from every corner of the room. Cora stands, her back to the entrance. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/center] "Oh!" Cora turns quickly as you approach. "Welcome to...this." She gestures around vaguely, but seems distracted. "We had the strangest occurrence in the workshop earlier, sudden seismic activity that none of us could explain. The odd part is that everything is the same, far as we can tell." She has a frown on her face and scrapes her claw against the ground, though she's careful not to leave any marks. "We're kind of focused on protecting what we've found right now than trying to experiment with it further." "I mean, I know that whole...box thing really shook up the Sunbeam Ruins, and in turn it gave us this, but..." She trailed off, then shrugged. "I'd rather it not also take it away." Cora added with a nervous laugh, tugging on her scarf. Silence lingered for a few moments. "So," Cora cleared her throat. "How about you take a stab at these components over here? I could do with the distraction and inevitably, we'll need the help again anyway." She leads you to a table not far from the entrance to the ancient workshop where the following items are presented to you. [center][item=Bonepriest venom][item=Nocturne Puppet][item=Tallow Candle][item=Basilisk Feather fan][item=Ornate porcelain jar][/center][/quote] P.S: Curious about that labyrinth no one can escape? Check out [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2703202]The Lady's Labyrinth![/url] Coming soon to a fest week near you! [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter[/size]
This is the prompt for June 17th. Note that submissions for the June 16th prompt are still open until rollover in four hours! This posting however, also opens up the June 17th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. Happy inventing!

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Two

Though the density of the camp around the workshop is still just as intense as it was the previous day, the camp is notably less busy in and around the hastily strewn together buildings as it was yesterday. Instead, an absurd amount of noise is coming from within the workshop itself. A hum of shouts along with the clangs of tools are the most prominent.

The table in front of the entrance is still there, but the archeologists - and Cora - are gone. As you enter the workshop for the first time, you're amazed by the wide, spacious stone cavern that it is. Elegantly carved pillars and statues decorate the walls. Alcoves lead dragons deep into the Hewn City down long hallways. You've even heard somewhere in there is a massive labyrinth from which no dragon can escape. The stone workbenches that line the cavern in neat, organized rows are covered with unfinished inventions.

But the main attraction of the day seems to be the walls of the cavern; You soon realize this is where most dragons have disappeared into. They're taking what seems like readings of the cavern and yelling them at each other from every corner of the room. Cora stands, her back to the entrance.
13697861_350.png

"Oh!" Cora turns quickly as you approach. "Welcome to...this." She gestures around vaguely, but seems distracted.

"We had the strangest occurrence in the workshop earlier, sudden seismic activity that none of us could explain. The odd part is that everything is the same, far as we can tell." She has a frown on her face and scrapes her claw against the ground, though she's careful not to leave any marks. "We're kind of focused on protecting what we've found right now than trying to experiment with it further."

"I mean, I know that whole...box thing really shook up the Sunbeam Ruins, and in turn it gave us this, but..." She trailed off, then shrugged. "I'd rather it not also take it away." Cora added with a nervous laugh, tugging on her scarf. Silence lingered for a few moments.

"So," Cora cleared her throat. "How about you take a stab at these components over here? I could do with the distraction and inevitably, we'll need the help again anyway."

She leads you to a table not far from the entrance to the ancient workshop where the following items are presented to you.
Bonepriest Venom Nocturne Puppet Tallow Candle Basilisk Feather Fan Ornate Porcelain Jar

P.S: Curious about that labyrinth no one can escape? Check out The Lady's Labyrinth! Coming soon to a fest week near you!

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
Day Two [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40124019] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/401241/40124019_350.png[/img] [/url] "I have no idea what practical purpose they might have served, but I see a story here... Oh yes, I see a story." The pearl catcher eyed the collection again. "And even the tools to tell it." She lit the candle from her own ghost flame candles, before extinguishing or blocking up the other lights. "Allow me to set the scene ..." She picked up the marionette in one clawed hand, and began to weave the story with shadows on the wall, using the puppet and her own claws. But as she wove the story, not all the shadows came from such obvious sources. Some shadows simply seemed to come from nothing. "A long time ago there was a dragon. She was an alchemist of great skill, and great renown. In time she took an apprentice, a young nocturne. The nocturne quickly grew in skill beside her, learning her ways and earning the trust of her master. And as the difference in the skill grew less, the apprentice began to suggest the topics for their shared research. At first these were innocuous things, new potions and cures, new ways of preserving art works to last against the test of time. But some of the suggestions were not so innocent. The nocturne moved from preserving inanimate things, like beautiful porcelain, to experiments on living beings to find ways to make them immune to the passage of time. And this too, could have been justified as a way of helping others, indeed that was how the master alchemist excused it. But nothing the apprentice tried had the effect he wanted, for trying to bestow timelessness is the domain of the gods, and not for mortal alchemists. The master understood this, and she called a halt to that project. But the apprentice continued his work in secret, delving deeply into the forbidden arts. And at last he found something, a potion using the vile magic of bone priest venom to extract the soul of a creature so they could be bound to a lifeless object, and use their magic to give it animus. But he knew better to try such a thing himself, when he could test this on another dragon. And so he crafted a life like doll, and tested it on his master. The apprentice knew it had worked when he saw the writhing spirit surrounding the doll. And so he brewed a second batch, that he might use after crafting himself a suitable vessel. And as the master woke, her spirit trapped in the eternal black porcelain, she realized what he had done. Having seen his ambition for what it was, she knew he would not stop. And the apprentice had made a mistake; he underestimated how well the potion would work. Neither of them were fighters, but the very nature of her new form, one which could not feel nor break, meant that she was able to over power him. Rather than allow her to stop him, and take her vengeance, the apprentice drank his own vile concoction. In haste, she sealed him away into the nearest container, an ornate porcelain pithos. The very same one he had first tested ways of preserving porcelain with." The Pearlcatcher moved the light and her viewers attention, away from crafting shadows on the wall, to lighting up the porcelain jar sitting on the table. "This one in fact, where he would stay sealed for eons until an earthquake would set him free to wreck more havoc." "Of course, this just a story." She bowed, before going to re-light the lights she had put out to tell her story. And she moved with a disconcerting clicking noise, the same sort of clicks that they had been hearing earlier, from the marionette.
Day Two

40124019_350.png

"I have no idea what practical purpose they might have served, but I see a story here... Oh yes, I see a story." The pearl catcher eyed the collection again. "And even the tools to tell it."

She lit the candle from her own ghost flame candles, before extinguishing or blocking up the other lights. "Allow me to set the scene ..." She picked up the marionette in one clawed hand, and began to weave the story with shadows on the wall, using the puppet and her own claws. But as she wove the story, not all the shadows came from such obvious sources. Some shadows simply seemed to come from nothing.

"A long time ago there was a dragon. She was an alchemist of great skill, and great renown. In time she took an apprentice, a young nocturne.

The nocturne quickly grew in skill beside her, learning her ways and earning the trust of her master. And as the difference in the skill grew less, the apprentice began to suggest the topics for their shared research.

At first these were innocuous things, new potions and cures, new ways of preserving art works to last against the test of time.

But some of the suggestions were not so innocent. The nocturne moved from preserving inanimate things, like beautiful porcelain, to experiments on living beings to find ways to make them immune to the passage of time. And this too, could have been justified as a way of helping others, indeed that was how the master alchemist excused it.

But nothing the apprentice tried had the effect he wanted, for trying to bestow timelessness is the domain of the gods, and not for mortal alchemists. The master understood this, and she called a halt to that project.

But the apprentice continued his work in secret, delving deeply into the forbidden arts. And at last he found something, a potion using the vile magic of bone priest venom to extract the soul of a creature so they could be bound to a lifeless object, and use their magic to give it animus.

But he knew better to try such a thing himself, when he could test this on another dragon. And so he crafted a life like doll, and tested it on his master.

The apprentice knew it had worked when he saw the writhing spirit surrounding the doll. And so he brewed a second batch, that he might use after crafting himself a suitable vessel.

And as the master woke, her spirit trapped in the eternal black porcelain, she realized what he had done. Having seen his ambition for what it was, she knew he would not stop. And the apprentice had made a mistake; he underestimated how well the potion would work.

Neither of them were fighters, but the very nature of her new form, one which could not feel nor break, meant that she was able to over power him. Rather than allow her to stop him, and take her vengeance, the apprentice drank his own vile concoction.

In haste, she sealed him away into the nearest container, an ornate porcelain pithos. The very same one he had first tested ways of preserving porcelain with." The Pearlcatcher moved the light and her viewers attention, away from crafting shadows on the wall, to lighting up the porcelain jar sitting on the table. "This one in fact, where he would stay sealed for eons until an earthquake would set him free to wreck more havoc."

"Of course, this just a story." She bowed, before going to re-light the lights she had put out to tell her story. And she moved with a disconcerting clicking noise, the same sort of clicks that they had been hearing earlier, from the marionette.
z9bVpPy.png
[center][b][ Day One ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] [sub]Getting to see newly discovered pieces of history up close wasn't what Asca had expected when he headed to Light early, to visist his family during their Flights festival - but it was surely what he had dreamed for! His eyes gleamed with fascination as he stepped forth and inspected the materials, unimpressed by the towering Imperial's frustration. Maybe he didn't even notice, too invested in the mysterious items to pay attention. He had not uttered a single word or even noise by now & the silence extended to a surely weird timespan, in which he carefully tried the properties of the materials - by touch, looking up close (what a shame that those two eyes of his couldn't grant him insight to [i]this[/i]) and finally he turned around the turtle shell and sniffed it. Then [i]licked it.[/i] Noise arose in the rows of the onlookers, in a variety of different tones, but Asca didn't seem impressed by that either - or maybe still didn't notice. He shoved the spring and the scrap metal away a little roughly. "I don't think those belong here", he commented when he remembered the importance of words. "It seems obvious to me that the Yuccarope was used to tie those reeds into mats, probably of various sizes. Up close you notice indications of how it was weaved on the rope, would you take a look?" Less a question than a statement, he handed it to the Imperial without really looking at her, gaze still lingering on the table. "Upon a taste inspection of the shell, though very dusty, I think there are still traces of food from ages ago. I think it was used as a bowl. Sometimes you see dragons use similar decorative ways of feasting, bowls of food placed on mats for... I don't know what for.", he mumbled, shaking his head lightly. As a Mirror, though not the most classic, he could not relate to those kinds habits. "Anyway - I think this wasn't an invention for efficiency, just decorations." He finally looked up, taking a step back from the materials making room for the next dragon. While his presentation seemed confident and serious, he was by no means sure to be right and it wasn't important to him - history couldn't be unfolded by a single dragon and facts were more important than the ideas of any individual! But: every thought, even most unrealistic ones, could help to learn something, even if it was just learning what was [i]wrong[/i]. [item=Splintered Reeds][item=Azure Yuccarope][item=Turtle Shell] ----- [sub]Whoops, this got longer than planned... Sorry! Had fun though c:[/center]
[ Day One ]

46111459.png

Getting to see newly discovered pieces of history up close wasn't what Asca had expected when he headed to Light early, to visist his family during their Flights festival - but it was surely what he had dreamed for!

His eyes gleamed with fascination as he stepped forth and inspected the materials, unimpressed by the towering Imperial's frustration. Maybe he didn't even notice, too invested in the mysterious items to pay attention.

He had not uttered a single word or even noise by now & the silence extended to a surely weird timespan, in which he carefully tried the properties of the materials - by touch, looking up close (what a shame that those two eyes of his couldn't grant him insight to this) and finally he turned around the turtle shell and sniffed it.
Then licked it.

Noise arose in the rows of the onlookers, in a variety of different tones, but Asca didn't seem impressed by that either - or maybe still didn't notice.

He shoved the spring and the scrap metal away a little roughly.
"I don't think those belong here", he commented when he remembered the importance of words.

"It seems obvious to me that the Yuccarope was used to tie those reeds into mats, probably of various sizes. Up close you notice indications of how it was weaved on the rope, would you take a look?" Less a question than a statement, he handed it to the Imperial without really looking at her, gaze still lingering on the table.
"Upon a taste inspection of the shell, though very dusty, I think there are still traces of food from ages ago. I think it was used as a bowl. Sometimes you see dragons use similar decorative ways of feasting, bowls of food placed on mats for... I don't know what for.", he mumbled, shaking his head lightly. As a Mirror, though not the most classic, he could not relate to those kinds habits.
"Anyway - I think this wasn't an invention for efficiency, just decorations."

He finally looked up, taking a step back from the materials making room for the next dragon.

While his presentation seemed confident and serious, he was by no means sure to be right and it wasn't important to him - history couldn't be unfolded by a single dragon and facts were more important than the ideas of any individual! But: every thought, even most unrealistic ones, could help to learn something, even if it was just learning what was wrong.

Splintered Reeds Azure Yuccarope Turtle Shell

Whoops, this got longer than planned... Sorry! Had fun though c:
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23413893] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234139/23413893_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] After a bit of study and musing, Ardagai volunteers, "I believe these items are the components of a makeshift rattler instrument! I've seen ones like this on expeditions before. I'm not sure what purpose the spring would have... maybe it's from some other project? But the nuts and bolts would likely be tossed into the turtle shell, and those splintered reeds processed into paper. You'd cover the shell with paper and paint it with colorful patterns and designs, or perhaps lucky runes? Then tie the rope in a criss-crossing pattern, both for decoration and for something to hang onto. Voila! A little instrument you can shake and rattle to accompany music at some kind of festival or celebration!" [center][item=splintered reeds] [item=azure yuccarope] [item=turtle shell] [item=borer scrapmetal][/center]

After a bit of study and musing, Ardagai volunteers, "I believe these items are the components of a makeshift rattler instrument! I've seen ones like this on expeditions before. I'm not sure what purpose the spring would have... maybe it's from some other project? But the nuts and bolts would likely be tossed into the turtle shell, and those splintered reeds processed into paper. You'd cover the shell with paper and paint it with colorful patterns and designs, or perhaps lucky runes? Then tie the rope in a criss-crossing pattern, both for decoration and for something to hang onto. Voila! A little instrument you can shake and rattle to accompany music at some kind of festival or celebration!"
Splintered Reeds Azure Yuccarope Turtle Shell Borer Scrapmetal
event-sig-small-4.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] "I've seen this before!" Vona graps the spiral, letting out a small chuckle. It's a medical Corset for Spirals! It prevents you from knotting yourself when you suffer from back pain." She put the weird object back on the table, nodding slowly. "It's still flexible enough to move!" Her body wriggles, she is obviously uncomfortable with the thought. Putting the Spiral back on the table, she takes a look at the other objects, letting out a surprised sound. "This one is often used as a hat, but those dragons clearly have no clue what this is actually for!" Enthusiastic grapping the turtle shell, Vona looks up. "Of course you can put all kind of things in this, but it is undefeatable as a hatchling rocket!" She let out a clear laugh. "You would be surprised how fast they feel asleep in this wagging thing!" Moving the shell in her paws she giggles. "If you hang out up in a tree, it's even more comfy!" A moment looking at the pattern of the shell, she keeps quiet for a few seconds, throwing it in the table a bit too powerful. "Can't help with the other stuff, though!"

51666974_350.png

"I've seen this before!" Vona graps the spiral, letting out a small chuckle. It's a medical Corset for Spirals! It prevents you from knotting yourself when you suffer from back pain." She put the weird object back on the table, nodding slowly. "It's still flexible enough to move!" Her body wriggles, she is obviously uncomfortable with the thought. Putting the Spiral back on the table, she takes a look at the other objects, letting out a surprised sound.
"This one is often used as a hat, but those dragons clearly have no clue what this is actually for!" Enthusiastic grapping the turtle shell, Vona looks up. "Of course you can put all kind of things in this, but it is undefeatable as a hatchling rocket!" She let out a clear laugh. "You would be surprised how fast they feel asleep in this wagging thing!" Moving the shell in her paws she giggles. "If you hang out up in a tree, it's even more comfy!"
A moment looking at the pattern of the shell, she keeps quiet for a few seconds, throwing it in the table a bit too powerful.
"Can't help with the other stuff, though!"
[center][b]Day 1 - June 16[/b] (I hope this was fine in my interpretation of Day 1's pieces!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30380990] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303810/30380990_350.png[/img] [/url] Lyle fluttered her wings, staring down at the objects with her wide brown eyes, stuck between excitement of looking at ancient artifacts and the frustration that... well... they honestly just looked like random pieces of rubble. But as with all pieces with history: 'one Dragon's trash is another Dragon's - many, many years down the line - treasure.' That, and they all seemed to almost... fit... but not in a way she was very familiar with. "I'm not that good with technology," she admitted, gently picking up what appeared to be an ordinary piece of metal, "but I have learned a thing or two from the other scientists of my Clan; give me a moment..." She hummed as she picked up each piece, gently turning them in her claws. Finally, she realized that if she put the metal coil here... and the rope went there... "Ah, I think I got it!" She said happily, holding up her final creation. In all it's glory, it appeared to be a small toy on a string, the soft straw and metal pieces holding the empty turtle shell together to look like a real turtle. "It's a toy, and a very cute one, at that; though it does seem to be missing a few pieces - one part of it's foot is missing, and the head is dented - but it appears to be in good shape regardless; fascinating!" She happily said, gently studying the restored little piece of history.
Day 1 - June 16
(I hope this was fine in my interpretation of Day 1's pieces!)

30380990_350.png

Lyle fluttered her wings, staring down at the objects with her wide brown eyes, stuck between excitement of looking at ancient artifacts and the frustration that... well... they honestly just looked like random pieces of rubble. But as with all pieces with history: 'one Dragon's trash is another Dragon's - many, many years down the line - treasure.'

That, and they all seemed to almost... fit... but not in a way she was very familiar with.

"I'm not that good with technology," she admitted, gently picking up what appeared to be an ordinary piece of metal, "but I have learned a thing or two from the other scientists of my Clan; give me a moment..."

She hummed as she picked up each piece, gently turning them in her claws. Finally, she realized that if she put the metal coil here... and the rope went there...

"Ah, I think I got it!" She said happily, holding up her final creation.

In all it's glory, it appeared to be a small toy on a string, the soft straw and metal pieces holding the empty turtle shell together to look like a real turtle.

"It's a toy, and a very cute one, at that; though it does seem to be missing a few pieces - one part of it's foot is missing, and the head is dented - but it appears to be in good shape regardless; fascinating!" She happily said, gently studying the restored little piece of history.
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14