Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46185473] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461855/46185473_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Arthur didn’t understand why he’d have to keep it quiet but he understood why she’d feel quirky. The young Imperial had many similar times when Merlin would warm him of so,etching and he’d ignore it, assuming the younger Wildclaw was wrong but then the whole clan would suffer from his negligence. Arthur moved silently to the table observing the objects. “Obviously the Buffclamber belongings belonged to someone who was a miner or excavator. And maybe the rest was used as a detection device? Like the spear is setup with the bellwip tied to it and also tied to the lid on the jar. The mineral could have had a big chunk of it and was also tied to the third bell so if someone came through with metal on or was a lightning dragon, the mineral would pull towards it, pulling the bullwip with it and then opening the jar then shooting the spear towards the trespasser.” It was all Arthur could think off so he wasn’t so sure it was correct in any way. He hoped he had helped Cora.

Arthur didn’t understand why he’d have to keep it quiet but he understood why she’d feel quirky. The young Imperial had many similar times when Merlin would warm him of so,etching and he’d ignore it, assuming the younger Wildclaw was wrong but then the whole clan would suffer from his negligence.

Arthur moved silently to the table observing the objects. “Obviously the Buffclamber belongings belonged to someone who was a miner or excavator. And maybe the rest was used as a detection device? Like the spear is setup with the bellwip tied to it and also tied to the lid on the jar. The mineral could have had a big chunk of it and was also tied to the third bell so if someone came through with metal on or was a lightning dragon, the mineral would pull towards it, pulling the bullwip with it and then opening the jar then shooting the spear towards the trespasser.”

It was all Arthur could think off so he wasn’t so sure it was correct in any way. He hoped he had helped Cora.

vbbQjQ.png
[center]Another double winner/prompt feature tonight![/center] [center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 24[/b] @Quietgal is our merit winner today! @RemanLT and @Wonderlast are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View quietgal's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/9#post_39539240]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/339974/33997361_350.png[/img][/center] Hermes smiles at Amber fondly. "Brought up by a healer, you say? I'm pleased to hear it; The family I guard - and Cora normally archives for - had five children when I first got hired. For a while there, I basically had five kids." He laughs boisterously, a warmth in his eyes as he thinks of his lieges. "Still do, really. They're just grown up now." "And you - you remind me of the two youngest in our guard. Our diplomat and strategist, actually. They're like younger sisters." Hermes tilts his head slightly, one paw idling on his rapier. His eyes drift to the ceiling. "Actually, those two are the reason I think your explanation is correct. They do a lot of-" He pauses, then shakes his head, adjusting his neck tie as he does so. "I didn't want to say scheming, but, well, it's scheming. And a lot of it is done via a method like this. They keep a lot to themselves, those two." There's no bitterness to his voice, just a overlay of fondness that could only come from family. "I'm no Cora," He finally meets Amber's gaze again, "But I reckon she'd find this pretty damn close to the truth. I'll ask her when she gets back." He leans down and places the chest on the table. "And please, tell your clan to keep up the good work. I've always felt a special kinship with other healers." [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl [/size] This is the prompt for June 26th. Note that [b]submissions for the June 25th prompt are still open[/b] until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 25th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Eleven[/b] [center]Despite your qualms about entering as you approach the workshop today, you're not all too surprised that a guard urges you in. Briefly, you wonder if anyone here thinks of safety. More attacks and it's just as crowded as ever. The direction to go today is through an alcove and surprisingly, down a staircase. The staircase leads down into a baffling room. A room isn't even really a good enough description; It's like a tower, but purely underground. It stretches high above you, stalagmites dangling down, gems and quartz glittering in the walls. You swear at the top there's a hole, letting in vague streams of sunlight. The room is a circular path, in the middle a circular chasm. Not a perfect circle, but somehow it looks like it was naturally formed. You risk a step towards the ledge and peer down. Water. A dreamy light drifts up from the pool, though you can't tell what is down there exactly emitting it. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] "Hey!" Cora appears from seemingly no where. Today, she's set up in an alcove within the tower-like cave. It's not very deep, the size of a small room, and it's honestly a bit cramped as you duck into it. "Nice to see volunteers back. Even nicer to see they're still sending you to me; I thought they might not." She gestures out excitedly. "Isn't this place the most incredible thing you've ever seen? We think it must have once been a scrying pool for water dragons that resided here. There was no lighting when we first entered, almost fell in the pool!" Her laugh was giddy, and you're not sure you can share her amusement at that potential situation. A drop that far would surely spell out death. "We've almost fully excavated the workshop. It's...kind of exciting. We think at the deepest will be where the sprites are coming from." Cora catches your worried glance, and gives you a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Fear not, despite appearances we aren't quite near the deepest." "Here's todays items." [item=cosmologist fieldtools][item=murky scales][item=carpenter wax][item=lost lute][item=greystone deer][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak @Lundlaeva @NStar @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl[/size]
Another double winner/prompt feature tonight!
Winners
June 24

@Quietgal is our merit winner today! @RemanLT and @Wonderlast are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View quietgal's entry here!

33997361_350.png

Hermes smiles at Amber fondly. "Brought up by a healer, you say? I'm pleased to hear it; The family I guard - and Cora normally archives for - had five children when I first got hired. For a while there, I basically had five kids." He laughs boisterously, a warmth in his eyes as he thinks of his lieges. "Still do, really. They're just grown up now."

"And you - you remind me of the two youngest in our guard. Our diplomat and strategist, actually. They're like younger sisters." Hermes tilts his head slightly, one paw idling on his rapier. His eyes drift to the ceiling.

"Actually, those two are the reason I think your explanation is correct. They do a lot of-" He pauses, then shakes his head, adjusting his neck tie as he does so. "I didn't want to say scheming, but, well, it's scheming. And a lot of it is done via a method like this. They keep a lot to themselves, those two."

There's no bitterness to his voice, just a overlay of fondness that could only come from family.

"I'm no Cora," He finally meets Amber's gaze again, "But I reckon she'd find this pretty damn close to the truth. I'll ask her when she gets back."

He leans down and places the chest on the table. "And please, tell your clan to keep up the good work. I've always felt a special kinship with other healers."
Gilded Decorative Chest

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl

This is the prompt for June 26th. Note that submissions for the June 25th prompt are still open until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 25th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it.

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Eleven
Despite your qualms about entering as you approach the workshop today, you're not all too surprised that a guard urges you in. Briefly, you wonder if anyone here thinks of safety. More attacks and it's just as crowded as ever. The direction to go today is through an alcove and surprisingly, down a staircase.

The staircase leads down into a baffling room. A room isn't even really a good enough description; It's like a tower, but purely underground. It stretches high above you, stalagmites dangling down, gems and quartz glittering in the walls. You swear at the top there's a hole, letting in vague streams of sunlight. The room is a circular path, in the middle a circular chasm. Not a perfect circle, but somehow it looks like it was naturally formed. You risk a step towards the ledge and peer down.

Water. A dreamy light drifts up from the pool, though you can't tell what is down there exactly emitting it.

13697861_350.png

"Hey!" Cora appears from seemingly no where. Today, she's set up in an alcove within the tower-like cave. It's not very deep, the size of a small room, and it's honestly a bit cramped as you duck into it.

"Nice to see volunteers back. Even nicer to see they're still sending you to me; I thought they might not." She gestures out excitedly.

"Isn't this place the most incredible thing you've ever seen? We think it must have once been a scrying pool for water dragons that resided here. There was no lighting when we first entered, almost fell in the pool!" Her laugh was giddy, and you're not sure you can share her amusement at that potential situation. A drop that far would surely spell out death.

"We've almost fully excavated the workshop. It's...kind of exciting. We think at the deepest will be where the sprites are coming from." Cora catches your worried glance, and gives you a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Fear not, despite appearances we aren't quite near the deepest."

"Here's todays items."

Cosmologist Fieldtools Murky Scales Carpenter Wax Lost Lute Greystone Deer

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak @Lundlaeva @NStar @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[center][b][ Day Ten ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] Asca's gaze trailed from the limping archaeologist towards Cora's notes a she mentioned them, but only for a moment. He'd really love to talk to him as well, but seeing his current state he looked like he should rest still. Upon Cora's next words the Mirror nodded, a concerned look on his face, directed at the ground to his side. He apparently was deep in thought for some seconds but quickly woke when Cora mentioned today's artifacts and, again, nodded - less stern. "Let's see", he murmured while setting claws on the table and overlooking what they had. He searched through the adventuring tools, felt the smooth surface of the magnetites & then took the lance into his claws, to first check the tip then down the length. The spearhead was attached with cord & there was more at the end, but it seemed to be different material. Asca looked around again & found the bellwhip, which jingled rather dully, when he picked it up to look at the string. "The other is way dirtier, but it could be the same material & have been attached to the end of the...", he trailed off, upon holding the bells up, sniffing. Pulled them closer to his nostrils. They faintly smelled of smoke. There was a jar on the table, with some pieces of coal - embers, once. "Bottled embers are collected from Smoke Gyres commonly", Asca said. "They live on low oxygen for a bit, but like every ember will extinguish eventually, if kept like this. But if they are stored in a big enough jar they could survive some journey - and if..." He took one of the bells between his clawtips, carefully fidgeting around until - [i]plop[/i] - it opened into two parts and a little piece of coal fell out. "Ah, indeed! See, if you fill those with fresh embers and swing the spear around, with the bells attached...", he coudn't demonstrate without freshe embers, but nonetheless tied the string to the end, where he believed it had once belonged. "Smoke Gyre embers produce a lot of smoke and will take long until burned out when provided with oxygen, so this could be a weapon with a gimmick, but ... maybe it was a point marker? Swung around a few times & then stuck into the ground to let other's know the positions via the smoke - without having to light a fire." Not everywhere a fire was safe - or even accomplishable. "You know, for when you accidentally carried a compass [i]and[/i] magnetite with you...", he said ironically. [item=Ringmaster's Bellwhip][item=Bottled Embers][item=Behemoth Lance]
[ Day Ten ]

46111459.png

Asca's gaze trailed from the limping archaeologist towards Cora's notes a she mentioned them, but only for a moment.
He'd really love to talk to him as well, but seeing his current state he looked like he should rest still.

Upon Cora's next words the Mirror nodded, a concerned look on his face, directed at the ground to his side. He apparently was deep in thought for some seconds but quickly woke when Cora mentioned today's artifacts and, again, nodded - less stern.

"Let's see", he murmured while setting claws on the table and overlooking what they had.

He searched through the adventuring tools, felt the smooth surface of the magnetites & then took the lance into his claws, to first check the tip then down the length.
The spearhead was attached with cord & there was more at the end, but it seemed to be different material.

Asca looked around again & found the bellwhip, which jingled rather dully, when he picked it up to look at the string.
"The other is way dirtier, but it could be the same material & have been attached to the end of the...", he trailed off, upon holding the bells up, sniffing. Pulled them closer to his nostrils.
They faintly smelled of smoke.

There was a jar on the table, with some pieces of coal - embers, once.
"Bottled embers are collected from Smoke Gyres commonly", Asca said. "They live on low oxygen for a bit, but like every ember will extinguish eventually, if kept like this. But if they are stored in a big enough jar they could survive some journey - and if..."
He took one of the bells between his clawtips, carefully fidgeting around until - plop - it opened into two parts and a little piece of coal fell out.
"Ah, indeed! See, if you fill those with fresh embers and swing the spear around, with the bells attached...", he coudn't demonstrate without freshe embers, but nonetheless tied the string to the end, where he believed it had once belonged.
"Smoke Gyre embers produce a lot of smoke and will take long until burned out when provided with oxygen, so this could be a weapon with a gimmick, but ... maybe it was a point marker? Swung around a few times & then stuck into the ground to let other's know the positions via the smoke - without having to light a fire."
Not everywhere a fire was safe - or even accomplishable.

"You know, for when you accidentally carried a compass and magnetite with you...", he said ironically.

Ringmaster's Bellwhip Bottled Embers Behemoth Lance
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
Day Eleven: In the depth

Amber takes a long time getting to Cora, too busy taking in the atmosphere of this place.

"Of all the parts of the Workshop, this is my favourite by far", she says to the Imperial instead of a greeting, slowly twisting around to look at the stone alcove, the wall it is carved in, the gem veins displayed within... "It is, in fact, fantastic."

She glides down, coming to rest at the foot at Cora's makeshift table. Her gaze, still dancing all over the room, finally falls on the other dragon present and she blinks, clearly having been taken out of her trance. "Hi", she says, a little shy. "I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that-"

The Nocturne looks around again, her wings making an involuntary flap. "-do you think I can try to reach the opening in the ceiling when we're done? Has anyone managed so far? Where do you think it leads to? I have to see it!" Her wings make another flap, then she folds them. She looks down at the objects for today.

"Later", Cora catches her mumble under her muzzle, and it sound like a promise.

Amber tilts her head at the pile. "You know what?", she says, a few moment later. " I think I actually know what this is for! Maybe because I dabble in it a little when I deliver my good, but - I think this is for trading! For trading with whatever Maren lived in that pool, to be exact!"

She picks the spyglass, turning its big lens upwards. It glows with a faint purple light. "It may sound silly, but let me explain: see this? Dragons use it to look at objects far away, like the stars or the horizon. This one is self-illuminated, so I'm guessing it would work better for dark surrounding like the sky... Or this pool!"

The Nocturne's wings flutter again. "If you were to dip something like that in the water, it may be possible to inspect the bottom, like a peri-" She stumbles on her words. "Peri... Scope? Periscope. I think that's what Bretaer called it! Right, so this thing? You coat it in that water-repellent wax to protect it's metal bits from rusting due to the repeated dips! Just don't forget to keep the lens clean or you'll be seeing funny shapes instead of fishes."

She pulls the lute closer. "Some Maren clans adore music. We see them gather under the Beacon of the Radiant Light sometimes, singing. I bet it used to be so even back in the day! So, if you were trying to get on the good side of the Maren you just scouted, you play it a sweet tune or two... And these two?" Amber gestures towards the scales and the deer figurine. "These are the trade goods! Scales from the Maren for a piece of land art. A sweet deal, yeah? I bet both were exotic to the other side."

She looks at the ceiling and it's lonesome beam of light again. "So... do you think it's safe to reach?"
Day Eleven: In the depth

Amber takes a long time getting to Cora, too busy taking in the atmosphere of this place.

"Of all the parts of the Workshop, this is my favourite by far", she says to the Imperial instead of a greeting, slowly twisting around to look at the stone alcove, the wall it is carved in, the gem veins displayed within... "It is, in fact, fantastic."

She glides down, coming to rest at the foot at Cora's makeshift table. Her gaze, still dancing all over the room, finally falls on the other dragon present and she blinks, clearly having been taken out of her trance. "Hi", she says, a little shy. "I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that-"

The Nocturne looks around again, her wings making an involuntary flap. "-do you think I can try to reach the opening in the ceiling when we're done? Has anyone managed so far? Where do you think it leads to? I have to see it!" Her wings make another flap, then she folds them. She looks down at the objects for today.

"Later", Cora catches her mumble under her muzzle, and it sound like a promise.

Amber tilts her head at the pile. "You know what?", she says, a few moment later. " I think I actually know what this is for! Maybe because I dabble in it a little when I deliver my good, but - I think this is for trading! For trading with whatever Maren lived in that pool, to be exact!"

She picks the spyglass, turning its big lens upwards. It glows with a faint purple light. "It may sound silly, but let me explain: see this? Dragons use it to look at objects far away, like the stars or the horizon. This one is self-illuminated, so I'm guessing it would work better for dark surrounding like the sky... Or this pool!"

The Nocturne's wings flutter again. "If you were to dip something like that in the water, it may be possible to inspect the bottom, like a peri-" She stumbles on her words. "Peri... Scope? Periscope. I think that's what Bretaer called it! Right, so this thing? You coat it in that water-repellent wax to protect it's metal bits from rusting due to the repeated dips! Just don't forget to keep the lens clean or you'll be seeing funny shapes instead of fishes."

She pulls the lute closer. "Some Maren clans adore music. We see them gather under the Beacon of the Radiant Light sometimes, singing. I bet it used to be so even back in the day! So, if you were trying to get on the good side of the Maren you just scouted, you play it a sweet tune or two... And these two?" Amber gestures towards the scales and the deer figurine. "These are the trade goods! Scales from the Maren for a piece of land art. A sweet deal, yeah? I bet both were exotic to the other side."

She looks at the ceiling and it's lonesome beam of light again. "So... do you think it's safe to reach?"
tLqgaTW.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh! It's a string instrument!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52199596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521996/52199596_350.png[/img] [/url] "Man, now would be a good time to be an orchestra dragon..." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "We'll be serious today, yes? We're all musicians, so this one should be easy." Alice nods, "We'll humor you today, Katherine. I played a bit of violin before I switched to sax. This wax here is awfully similar to rosin, you know, the thing you use to maintain the bows and strings." Agrippa grinned, "Ok! I'll get the strings back to tip top shape in no time." Katherine picks up the scroll from the fieldtools and begins perusing them. Alice grabs a scale from the glass bottle, "These are rather soft-But they are the perfect hardness to pluck the strings of a lute! Agrippa, bring it over here when you're done." Agrippa heads over to Alice once he finishes waxing the strings of the lute. He even waxes the body, giving the wood a polished shine, making the instrument seem brand new. Alice and Agrippa begins tuning the lute, using a scale as a pick. Katherine sighs, "These scrolls seem to just be some faded star maps and such. Nothing relating to the instrument here..." She flips over the parchment and gasps, "Hey, guys, come over here! There's music scribbled in the back." Alice and Agrippa hurries over. Alice glances at the music and picks out the tune on the lute, "Wait... I know this song! It's a traditional Wildclaw folksong called [url=https://musescore.com/user/10147146/scores/5623730]Flight of the White Deer[/url]. I think I still remember the chords." Alice settles down and plays the melody as she reads the sheet music. Agrippa and Katherine sits and listens attentively. "Simply enchanting," Katherine says when Alice finishes her performance. "Good job!" Agrippa yells, "So, Katherine, was that a serious enough interpretation for you?" The coatl nods appreciatively, "Yes, good job today, friends. We've got a good fighting chance with this one. Alice, will you do the honors?" "Submit!"

23090491_350.png

"Oh! It's a string instrument!"

52199596_350.png

"Man, now would be a good time to be an orchestra dragon..."

22606393_350.png

"We'll be serious today, yes? We're all musicians, so this one should be easy."

Alice nods, "We'll humor you today, Katherine. I played a bit of violin before I switched to sax. This wax here is awfully similar to rosin, you know, the thing you use to maintain the bows and strings."

Agrippa grinned, "Ok! I'll get the strings back to tip top shape in no time."

Katherine picks up the scroll from the fieldtools and begins perusing them. Alice grabs a scale from the glass bottle, "These are rather soft-But they are the perfect hardness to pluck the strings of a lute! Agrippa, bring it over here when you're done."

Agrippa heads over to Alice once he finishes waxing the strings of the lute. He even waxes the body, giving the wood a polished shine, making the instrument seem brand new. Alice and Agrippa begins tuning the lute, using a scale as a pick.

Katherine sighs, "These scrolls seem to just be some faded star maps and such. Nothing relating to the instrument here..." She flips over the parchment and gasps, "Hey, guys, come over here! There's music scribbled in the back."

Alice and Agrippa hurries over. Alice glances at the music and picks out the tune on the lute, "Wait... I know this song! It's a traditional Wildclaw folksong called Flight of the White Deer. I think I still remember the chords."

Alice settles down and plays the melody as she reads the sheet music. Agrippa and Katherine sits and listens attentively.

"Simply enchanting," Katherine says when Alice finishes her performance.

"Good job!" Agrippa yells, "So, Katherine, was that a serious enough interpretation for you?"

The coatl nods appreciatively, "Yes, good job today, friends. We've got a good fighting chance with this one. Alice, will you do the honors?"

"Submit!"
1WhYQHt.png
[center]Double feature again, I was gone for most of today. Thank you all for understanding c:[/center] [center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 25[/b] @MandragoraAutumn is our merit winner today! @Tempter and @HelianthusNox are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View MandragoraAutumn's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/11#post_39566021]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] Cora looks blankly at Asca for a moment, then her eyes light up. "That's...brilliant, actually." She tilts her head, an appreciative gleam in her eyes. "I mean, assuming the Hewn City has always been like this-" She feels around her for papers and finds a sheath of them. She paws through it rapidly, and then puts it back down. "I don't - it's in my archives back in my clan, but records indicate this has always been a dangerous area." "A fireless signal makes sense. Of course a fire wouldn't be safe...and the bell whip allows not only for an anchor, but signals to be sent at a length." Cora rifles through her bag for just a moment, and pulls out another ink jar, setting it on the table. "I think that must be the answer; This place is barely safe now...imagine [i]ancient[/i] Sornieth." Cora pulls the chest up onto the table and offers it to Asca. "For your help - thank you."[/center] [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl [/size] This is the prompt for June 27th. Note that [b]submissions for the June 26th prompt are still open[/b] until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 27th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Twelve[/b] [center]Unlike yesterday, the foyer of the workshop is beginning to be filled with crates. You suppose the archeologists are preparing now to move their discoveries out of the Hewn City at the closing of the excavation in just a few days. They're stacked up against the walls, on the tables, and you did notice a few less tents outside in the smorgasbord of a camp set up outside. It seems the exodus has begun. Your work today takes you deeper into the workshop than you've ever been. Down a long staircase, down a long hallway, down a long - well, everything is just...long. There's side hallways that tempt you, but you decide it best to stay on the path marked out for you via torches. When you emerge, the room you find yourself in is surprisingly crowded. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] Archeologists, much like the initial day in the foyer, are scattered all throughout the room taking as much information in as they can. There's a fair bit of guards, which makes you somewhat nervous. The room is circular like the initial foyer and looks like it must have once been lived in, the remnants of a bed and a few tables along with decrepit tools scattered around. Two long-since dried up fountains on the far wall. A carving of the Lightweaver rests between them, showing the goddess in a moment of scholarly serenity. A pool rests at her feet. As you get closer, you realize that the floor of the pool has collapsed partially, giving a view into what is undoubtedly a cavern system. A black sludge gathers in piles at the borders of the pool, pressing up against the ledge. A tap on your shoulder makes you jump, but you realize it's just Cora when you turn. "Welcome to the deepest portion of the workshop; Athena's personal workshop." There's a soft reverence in her voice. "That hole, we found out, is where the dark sprites were getting in from. A few guards are down there currently, making sure the remainder of the excavation is safe." Your gaze lingers on the sludge. Cora follows it, and shrugs helplessly. "Honestly, who knows? Shade? Simple sludge from the nature that has crept in? Or something that was once in this pool? One of the certain mysteries of this workshop." She lets the silence linger for a moment and allows you to take in the room. It seems all the archeologists have a degree of reverence towards the room. They work, but they work quietly and efficiently. "You know what doesn't have to be a mystery though? What she was working on." Cora nudges you lightly. "C'mon, we have some items over here." And with that, she leads you to a table. [item=solar blades][item=jungle pith][item=ensorcelled volume][item=chimera relic][item=intact parchment][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak @Lundlaeva @NStar @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl[/size]
Double feature again, I was gone for most of today. Thank you all for understanding c:
Winners
June 25

@MandragoraAutumn is our merit winner today! @Tempter and @HelianthusNox are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View MandragoraAutumn's entry here!

13697861_350.png

Cora looks blankly at Asca for a moment, then her eyes light up. "That's...brilliant, actually." She tilts her head, an appreciative gleam in her eyes. "I mean, assuming the Hewn City has always been like this-"

She feels around her for papers and finds a sheath of them. She paws through it rapidly, and then puts it back down. "I don't - it's in my archives back in my clan, but records indicate this has always been a dangerous area."

"A fireless signal makes sense. Of course a fire wouldn't be safe...and the bell whip allows not only for an anchor, but signals to be sent at a length." Cora rifles through her bag for just a moment, and pulls out another ink jar, setting it on the table.

"I think that must be the answer; This place is barely safe now...imagine ancient Sornieth."

Cora pulls the chest up onto the table and offers it to Asca. "For your help - thank you."
Gilded Decorative Chest

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl

This is the prompt for June 27th. Note that submissions for the June 26th prompt are still open until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 27th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it.

Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Twelve
Unlike yesterday, the foyer of the workshop is beginning to be filled with crates. You suppose the archeologists are preparing now to move their discoveries out of the Hewn City at the closing of the excavation in just a few days. They're stacked up against the walls, on the tables, and you did notice a few less tents outside in the smorgasbord of a camp set up outside. It seems the exodus has begun.

Your work today takes you deeper into the workshop than you've ever been. Down a long staircase, down a long hallway, down a long - well, everything is just...long. There's side hallways that tempt you, but you decide it best to stay on the path marked out for you via torches. When you emerge, the room you find yourself in is surprisingly crowded.

13697861_350.png

Archeologists, much like the initial day in the foyer, are scattered all throughout the room taking as much information in as they can. There's a fair bit of guards, which makes you somewhat nervous. The room is circular like the initial foyer and looks like it must have once been lived in, the remnants of a bed and a few tables along with decrepit tools scattered around. Two long-since dried up fountains on the far wall. A carving of the Lightweaver rests between them, showing the goddess in a moment of scholarly serenity. A pool rests at her feet.

As you get closer, you realize that the floor of the pool has collapsed partially, giving a view into what is undoubtedly a cavern system. A black sludge gathers in piles at the borders of the pool, pressing up against the ledge. A tap on your shoulder makes you jump, but you realize it's just Cora when you turn.

"Welcome to the deepest portion of the workshop; Athena's personal workshop." There's a soft reverence in her voice. "That hole, we found out, is where the dark sprites were getting in from. A few guards are down there currently, making sure the remainder of the excavation is safe."

Your gaze lingers on the sludge. Cora follows it, and shrugs helplessly. "Honestly, who knows? Shade? Simple sludge from the nature that has crept in? Or something that was once in this pool? One of the certain mysteries of this workshop."

She lets the silence linger for a moment and allows you to take in the room. It seems all the archeologists have a degree of reverence towards the room. They work, but they work quietly and efficiently.

"You know what doesn't have to be a mystery though? What she was working on." Cora nudges you lightly. "C'mon, we have some items over here." And with that, she leads you to a table.

Solar Blades Jungle Pith Ensorcelled Volume Chimera Relic Intact Parchment

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak @Lundlaeva @NStar @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[center][font=georgia][size=6]{ day 11 }[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/403859/40385861.png[/img] [font=georgia][size=4]Dionysus examines the objects thoroughly, taking in every aspect and categorizing it in his expansive, thousand-year-old mind. His eyes stop short at the sight of the bright pink tools and he quickly searches his memory for any sight of it, or something similar. "I do believe I've seen this before," he informs Cora as he plucks at the tools which clink softly between his claws. "Ancient dragons used them to observe the stars. If only they knew what lies beyond..." his voice trails off, and an emotion crosses his face that Cora can't read. She decides it best to move the conversation in a different direction. "Well, alright Smarty Pants," she teases. "What do you suppose these are?" Cora gently taps her talons against the side of a glass jar. Dionysus reaches for the container, meeting Cora's eyes with a silent request and, at her minuscule nod, pulls the jar into his claws. "They appear to be some kind of fish scales, but for what purpose?" He removes the lid and empties the contents. Touching the soft, squishy surfaces of the scales, Dionysus releases a surprised noise that nearly startles Cora. "I do believe Pestilence has told me about these before," he continues, referring to his clan's resident doctor. "They have some sort of healing properties for injured dragons. They're meant to soothe burned leather." Cora hums in acknowledgement, and Dionysus gasps softly as he notices an item previously obscured from his view: a small wooden object. "I do believe," he reaches for the string instrument with careful claws. "This is referred to as a lute. In Olympus, I was known to play at every major event, especially the birth of a young god or goddess." His eyes become misty with emotion, the vibrancy enhanced with the added glassiness of unshed tears. "I do believe I played at my mother's funeral," he whispers and for a moment it seems the Earth stands still. Neither of them breath, Cora as deadly still as the pool of water beside them, which, strangely enough, reflects a muted version of the male imperial... another dragon who looks like him, but just different enough to cause a distinction. "Are you alright?" Cora asks softly, and he's sure she notices how he stares at the image of not-him, incomparable focus knitting his eyebrows together. "I–," he begins again, and his voice doesn't waver. It [i]doesn't.[/i] He sighs, looking up into Cora's eyes with a storm clouding his eyes, a hurricane unleashed in his soul, stronger than anything she has ever seen before, and it sucks her in, brings tears to her own eyes and she can't move, can't speak, can only stare as Dionysus whispers three words that shatter her. "I miss her."
{ day 11 }

40385861.png

Dionysus examines the objects thoroughly, taking in every aspect and categorizing it in his expansive, thousand-year-old mind. His eyes stop short at the sight of the bright pink tools and he quickly searches his memory for any sight of it, or something similar.

"I do believe I've seen this before," he informs Cora as he plucks at the tools which clink softly between his claws. "Ancient dragons used them to observe the stars. If only they knew what lies beyond..." his voice trails off, and an emotion crosses his face that Cora can't read. She decides it best to move the conversation in a different direction.

"Well, alright Smarty Pants," she teases. "What do you suppose these are?" Cora gently taps her talons against the side of a glass jar.

Dionysus reaches for the container, meeting Cora's eyes with a silent request and, at her minuscule nod, pulls the jar into his claws.

"They appear to be some kind of fish scales, but for what purpose?" He removes the lid and empties the contents. Touching the soft, squishy surfaces of the scales, Dionysus releases a surprised noise that nearly startles Cora.

"I do believe Pestilence has told me about these before," he continues, referring to his clan's resident doctor. "They have some sort of healing properties for injured dragons. They're meant to soothe burned leather."

Cora hums in acknowledgement, and Dionysus gasps softly as he notices an item previously obscured from his view: a small wooden object.

"I do believe," he reaches for the string instrument with careful claws. "This is referred to as a lute. In Olympus, I was known to play at every major event, especially the birth of a young god or goddess."

His eyes become misty with emotion, the vibrancy enhanced with the added glassiness of unshed tears.

"I do believe I played at my mother's funeral," he whispers and for a moment it seems the Earth stands still. Neither of them breath, Cora as deadly still as the pool of water beside them, which, strangely enough, reflects a muted version of the male imperial... another dragon who looks like him, but just different enough to cause a distinction.

"Are you alright?" Cora asks softly, and he's sure she notices how he stares at the image of not-him, incomparable focus knitting his eyebrows together.

"I–," he begins again, and his voice doesn't waver. It doesn't. He sighs, looking up into Cora's eyes with a storm clouding his eyes, a hurricane unleashed in his soul, stronger than anything she has ever seen before, and it sucks her in, brings tears to her own eyes and she can't move, can't speak, can only stare as Dionysus whispers three words that shatter her.

"I miss her."
P3QILmB.gif ___

she/her - writer - FR+0
but who prays for lucifer?
who in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?

-- Mark Twain
____ P3kLLBM.png ___
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hey, look at this parchment... There's a story written here... A diary?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, I do love it when you tell stories, Alice. Do you mind?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52199596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521996/52199596_350.png[/img] [/url] "Why don't we write our own stories instead? Wouldn't that be more fun?" "Agrippa, why don't you go chase down that flying book?" Katherine says sweetly. The nocturne nods and heads off to chase down the familiar. Katherine shakes her head and turns back to Alice, "So, the parchment?" "Yea." Alice clears her throat. "Monday. It seems the fall has made my done substantial damage to my wings. I can still walk fine. All I have to eat are the jungle pith I was delivering. Who would order so much of this inedible drivel? A clan of Tundras, probably. This place is strange. I will have to investigate further. Hopefully, I can find shelter as my wings heal, before I go back to the courier's association." "Thursday. Seems I can't find a way out. I've been making a map of the area. It seems to be a workshop of some kind. A golden chimera automaton attacked me today, I barely got away with my life. It seems the inhabitants of this place have been alerted to my presence." "I'm a goner. It's been... Who cares. Thirsty. Hungry. Chased by all manners of automatons. There's a pool of water.. Maybe I should just..." "I'm going crazy. There is a dragon at the bottom of the pool. Her armor is bright, brilliant, the blades on her wings shine like the sun. Her eyes are such a steely grey. What is this feeling? She's looking straight at me-" "Huh, there's no more," Alice says, flipping the parchment around. "Was there a name atatched to the diary?" Katherine asks. Alcie scans the margins of the parchment again. She takes a sharp breath when she finds the name, scribbled in the corner of the page. "N...Naomi." Agrippa returns, the familiar nestled in his arms, "Got it! Look, this page was bookmarked!" Alice and Katherine hurries over to the book. They turn to the bookmarked page and gasp. "Good Deed of the Day," Alice reads, "A little injured fae appeared in my workshop. A courier, by the looks of her. I bestowed on her a blessing, 'May your name and exploits be known throughout all of Sornieth.' She flew away. I wonder how she's doing now." Katherine stares at the other dragons, wide eyed, "Oh my god, guys, we might have figured out Naomi's origins. This. Is. CRAZY!" Agrippa stares at the two dumbstruck dragons with a curious look, "Who's Naomi?" "We gotta call Fortinbras," Alice muttered, "Katherine, you have your phone on you?" "I'll try to get a signal..." "Um, GUYS?" Agrippa asks, extremely confused now, "I'm gonna hit submit now, okay? Okay?"

23090491_350.png

"Hey, look at this parchment... There's a story written here... A diary?"

22606393_350.png

"Oh, I do love it when you tell stories, Alice. Do you mind?"

52199596_350.png

"Why don't we write our own stories instead? Wouldn't that be more fun?"

"Agrippa, why don't you go chase down that flying book?" Katherine says sweetly. The nocturne nods and heads off to chase down the familiar. Katherine shakes her head and turns back to Alice, "So, the parchment?"

"Yea." Alice clears her throat.

"Monday. It seems the fall has made my done substantial damage to my wings. I can still walk fine. All I have to eat are the jungle pith I was delivering. Who would order so much of this inedible drivel? A clan of Tundras, probably.

This place is strange. I will have to investigate further. Hopefully, I can find shelter as my wings heal, before I go back to the courier's association."

"Thursday. Seems I can't find a way out. I've been making a map of the area. It seems to be a workshop of some kind. A golden chimera automaton attacked me today, I barely got away with my life. It seems the inhabitants of this place have been alerted to my presence."

"I'm a goner. It's been... Who cares. Thirsty. Hungry. Chased by all manners of automatons. There's a pool of water.. Maybe I should just..."

"I'm going crazy. There is a dragon at the bottom of the pool. Her armor is bright, brilliant, the blades on her wings shine like the sun. Her eyes are such a steely grey. What is this feeling? She's looking straight at me-"

"Huh, there's no more," Alice says, flipping the parchment around.

"Was there a name atatched to the diary?" Katherine asks. Alcie scans the margins of the parchment again. She takes a sharp breath when she finds the name, scribbled in the corner of the page.

"N...Naomi."

Agrippa returns, the familiar nestled in his arms, "Got it! Look, this page was bookmarked!"

Alice and Katherine hurries over to the book. They turn to the bookmarked page and gasp.

"Good Deed of the Day," Alice reads, "A little injured fae appeared in my workshop. A courier, by the looks of her. I bestowed on her a blessing, 'May your name and exploits be known throughout all of Sornieth.' She flew away. I wonder how she's doing now."

Katherine stares at the other dragons, wide eyed, "Oh my god, guys, we might have figured out Naomi's origins. This. Is. CRAZY!"

Agrippa stares at the two dumbstruck dragons with a curious look, "Who's Naomi?"

"We gotta call Fortinbras," Alice muttered, "Katherine, you have your phone on you?"

"I'll try to get a signal..."

"Um, GUYS?" Agrippa asks, extremely confused now, "I'm gonna hit submit now, okay? Okay?"
1WhYQHt.png
Day Twelve: Skywards

The Nocturne moves her weight from one leg to another, looking at the crowded room. "The workshop of the possibly best renowned inventor of them all? Oh. Whatever creation this was, it must have been beyond impressive, and it's stumping even all of you, the specialists in this field. And you're asking me. Um. No pressure, right?" Amber sighs, trying to ignore the others so she can calm her mind.

She looks thoughtfully at the items on the worktable... and above it, in the case of the book flying around. She manages to catch it after a few tries, eager to discover what secrets it hides. "...Recipes?", the Nocturne cries out, dejectedly, once she does.

"Hm. Who would have thought? I suppose that means it's not the contents of the book that made her important to Athena... So it must have been the fact that it flies. I bet Athena was keeping it around as a prototype - a miniature of the final result, perhaps? Not that she was trying to make the biggest book in the known world, but perhaps she was trying to design wings. Possible additional wings for a dragon, to boost their natural flight abilities? This thing has three sets, after all. Or possibly think of the species that have trouble flying or cannot at all. There must be Snappers out there that have been dreaming of something like that existing..."

Her eyes go over the rest of the objects on the table, one by one. "If this is going to be my work theory, then let me suggest the pith was selected for its relative durability and its light weigh once dry and compressed well, so it could have been a building material... The Solar Blades were supposed to be the skeleton of the piece, but they also suggest the wings were supposed to have some sort of more elaborate mechanism inside that could be solar-powered."

She lowers her muzzle to look eye to eye with the Chimera statue. "Cute! It says on the side it was made in the Blacksand Annex, so that suggest a connection to the metalworkers of the Ashfall Waste. Perhaps they were working together on these? Athena may have been supplying them with ideas or simply ordering part from them, and then mending them together here herself. Well", says Amber, "not here as in her chambers, here as in her Workshop, but I bet you got it. I'm thinking the parchment here was for her to design on, etc... But hey! Would it be too crazy to consider it may have also been used as a material in part of the design? Possibly not too far-fetched, seeing as the brain behind this was Athena herself..."

Amber smiled. "Can you imagine a Snapper buzzing around on an extra pair of high-tech for their time mechanical wings? The world could have been a different place if something like that existed..."
Day Twelve: Skywards

The Nocturne moves her weight from one leg to another, looking at the crowded room. "The workshop of the possibly best renowned inventor of them all? Oh. Whatever creation this was, it must have been beyond impressive, and it's stumping even all of you, the specialists in this field. And you're asking me. Um. No pressure, right?" Amber sighs, trying to ignore the others so she can calm her mind.

She looks thoughtfully at the items on the worktable... and above it, in the case of the book flying around. She manages to catch it after a few tries, eager to discover what secrets it hides. "...Recipes?", the Nocturne cries out, dejectedly, once she does.

"Hm. Who would have thought? I suppose that means it's not the contents of the book that made her important to Athena... So it must have been the fact that it flies. I bet Athena was keeping it around as a prototype - a miniature of the final result, perhaps? Not that she was trying to make the biggest book in the known world, but perhaps she was trying to design wings. Possible additional wings for a dragon, to boost their natural flight abilities? This thing has three sets, after all. Or possibly think of the species that have trouble flying or cannot at all. There must be Snappers out there that have been dreaming of something like that existing..."

Her eyes go over the rest of the objects on the table, one by one. "If this is going to be my work theory, then let me suggest the pith was selected for its relative durability and its light weigh once dry and compressed well, so it could have been a building material... The Solar Blades were supposed to be the skeleton of the piece, but they also suggest the wings were supposed to have some sort of more elaborate mechanism inside that could be solar-powered."

She lowers her muzzle to look eye to eye with the Chimera statue. "Cute! It says on the side it was made in the Blacksand Annex, so that suggest a connection to the metalworkers of the Ashfall Waste. Perhaps they were working together on these? Athena may have been supplying them with ideas or simply ordering part from them, and then mending them together here herself. Well", says Amber, "not here as in her chambers, here as in her Workshop, but I bet you got it. I'm thinking the parchment here was for her to design on, etc... But hey! Would it be too crazy to consider it may have also been used as a material in part of the design? Possibly not too far-fetched, seeing as the brain behind this was Athena herself..."

Amber smiled. "Can you imagine a Snapper buzzing around on an extra pair of high-tech for their time mechanical wings? The world could have been a different place if something like that existed..."
tLqgaTW.png
June 28th prompt coming to a forum post near you soon! Can't believe we're so close to the end, you've all been stellar c: [center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 26[/b] @Wonderlast is our merit winner today! @Quietgal and @Skydancer10 are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View Wonderlast's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/11#post_39571054]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] Cora listens to the musicians play patiently. The expanse of the chasm provides a pleasant chamber for the notes to drift around in, creating an all-encompassing feel to the music. When they're done, she gently places the lute back amongst the objects. "A music piece; Seems fair enough. Curious that they'd write sheet music on the back of a starmap, but, well...I suppose it was efficient use of paper." She carefully sorts the paper away from the others, and writes a quick note next to it, presumably for further preservation purposes. "Here, for your help. Thank you all." She brings forward the gilded chest.[/center] [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl [/size]
June 28th prompt coming to a forum post near you soon! Can't believe we're so close to the end, you've all been stellar c:
Winners
June 26

@Wonderlast is our merit winner today! @Quietgal and @Skydancer10 are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View Wonderlast's entry here!

13697861_350.png

Cora listens to the musicians play patiently. The expanse of the chasm provides a pleasant chamber for the notes to drift around in, creating an all-encompassing feel to the music. When they're done, she gently places the lute back amongst the objects.

"A music piece; Seems fair enough. Curious that they'd write sheet music on the back of a starmap, but, well...I suppose it was efficient use of paper." She carefully sorts the paper away from the others, and writes a quick note next to it, presumably for further preservation purposes.

"Here, for your help. Thank you all." She brings forward the gilded chest.
Gilded Decorative Chest

je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14