Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[center][font=Georgia][size=7][color=#613F3D]Wi[/color][color=#57372D]nne[/color][color=#2F1F1B]rs[/color][/font][/center] [center][b]June 23[/b] June 25th prompt coming atcha all shortly c: Keep up the good work! @MandragoraAutumn is our merit winner today! @GuardianDragonak and @KingofCamelot are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody![/center] [quote][center] View MandragoraAutumn's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2703809/9#post_39534985]here![/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/center] "Wait a moment, if you would?" Cora stops Asca just before he can run off. "I'm sure your brother will linger. If I may remind you to soothe any worries, the temple is not currently in use and there's no active worship that goes on here. I'm sure the Lightweaver will understand our pursuit of knowledge." She dips her head slightly, tucking her wings close to herself. "As for your explanation...it makes a lot of sense. While it was a workshop of someone dedicated to the Lightweaver, I can't imagine there weren't dragons worshipping all the gods present within. It could be superiority," Cora scraped her paw on the ground thoughtfully, "Or it could be respect. A homage to the original four." "Either way, for your help, please, take this. Or I could have a guard carry it out to somewhere more convenient if you'd like to discuss with your brother!" She calls to the exiting Asca. [center][item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak @KingOfCamelot @Rivertyl[/size]
Winners
June 23

June 25th prompt coming atcha all shortly c: Keep up the good work!

@MandragoraAutumn is our merit winner today! @GuardianDragonak and @KingofCamelot are our daily raffle winners for today! Congratulations everybody!
Quote:
View MandragoraAutumn's entry here!

13697861_350.png

"Wait a moment, if you would?" Cora stops Asca just before he can run off. "I'm sure your brother will linger. If I may remind you to soothe any worries, the temple is not currently in use and there's no active worship that goes on here. I'm sure the Lightweaver will understand our pursuit of knowledge." She dips her head slightly, tucking her wings close to herself.

"As for your explanation...it makes a lot of sense. While it was a workshop of someone dedicated to the Lightweaver, I can't imagine there weren't dragons worshipping all the gods present within. It could be superiority," Cora scraped her paw on the ground thoughtfully, "Or it could be respect. A homage to the original four."

"Either way, for your help, please, take this. Or I could have a guard carry it out to somewhere more convenient if you'd like to discuss with your brother!" She calls to the exiting Asca.
Gilded Decorative Chest

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @Harana @ghostlyplants @RemanLT @artimator @GuardianDragonak @KingOfCamelot
@Rivertyl
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
Day 9 [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26100394] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261004/26100394_350.png[/img] [/url] Artegal stepped forwards after Herme’s gesture, quietly observing the teams placed on the stone slab. He definitely did notice that there was a moving... Spectre? [i]A Lux Spectre, to be exact.[/i] He pointed at the Spectre, voicing his suggestive theories. “Judging from the demeanor of the other items one looks to be a lost familiar, perhaps. Or the opposite.” He gave a small chuckle. Artegal tipped his head at the next item, a quiver, which still had a full set of arrows, unusually enough. “Dragon-sized. It’s a high probability that everything here belonged to a certain dragon once before. This dragon was a hunter, it seems. And for a dragon to own a familiar like a spectre, I wouldn’t think he or she was a flashy type. Maybe one of a humble personality.” The Coatl moved onto the next item, a pocket watch. He tapped a claw against the slab for a moment as his eyes also roamed over a half-opened scroll filled with scrawled text. He sniffed the paper. Despite its clean and rather unblemished appearance, it gave a faint musky smell, indicating the old age of the scroll. “Strange, don’t you think? The pocketwatch is kept for time, but it’s always late.” He pulled out his own pocketwatch from under his cap, which showed a more accurate time. “This must be an aloof fellow. Might show a little bit more of the personality, of how he lost these in first place. But, you know, also curious enough to pick up text like this. Perhaps this scroll is loot from one of the Beastclans. This dragon may have been fighting them using his arrows.” Artegal picked up one of the glass jars with an orange-red substance inside, reading the label stamped on the front. “Well, would you look at this. Good use can be made out of this pigment—-namely, using it for camoflauge. I can see how it would come in handy in this dragon’s adventures. If he or she were to fight Beastclans, the pigment can be used to ambush to gain an upper advantage, or to sneak around those of the Beastclans that at deemed to dangerous to fight.” “In my conclusion,” the Coatl said, finally turning back to the Imperial, “This adventurer, at the time that these items were lost, was engaged with some of the Beastclans in battle. If it were be so, this dragon may have dropped these items by accident, coincidentally. However, that doesn’t seem probable, as this quiver and pigment are useful for self-defense, and vice versa. Most likely, this dragon was in a hurry due to running.” He gave a small smile. “Perhaps this mystery dragon had picked the wrong battle with the wrong enemies.”[/center]
Day 9

26100394_350.png

Artegal stepped forwards after Herme’s gesture, quietly observing the teams placed on the stone slab. He definitely did notice that there was a moving... Spectre? A Lux Spectre, to be exact. He pointed at the Spectre, voicing his suggestive theories. “Judging from the demeanor of the other items one looks to be a lost familiar, perhaps. Or the opposite.” He gave a small chuckle.

Artegal tipped his head at the next item, a quiver, which still had a full set of arrows, unusually enough. “Dragon-sized. It’s a high probability that everything here belonged to a certain dragon once before. This dragon was a hunter, it seems. And for a dragon to own a familiar like a spectre, I wouldn’t think he or she was a flashy type. Maybe one of a humble personality.”

The Coatl moved onto the next item, a pocket watch. He tapped a claw against the slab for a moment as his eyes also roamed over a half-opened scroll filled with scrawled text. He sniffed the paper. Despite its clean and rather unblemished appearance, it gave a faint musky smell, indicating the old age of the scroll. “Strange, don’t you think? The pocketwatch is kept for time, but it’s always late.” He pulled out his own pocketwatch from under his cap, which showed a more accurate time. “This must be an aloof fellow. Might show a little bit more of the personality, of how he lost these in first place. But, you know, also curious enough to pick up text like this. Perhaps this scroll is loot from one of the Beastclans. This dragon may have been fighting them using his arrows.”

Artegal picked up one of the glass jars with an orange-red substance inside, reading the label stamped on the front. “Well, would you look at this. Good use can be made out of this pigment—-namely, using it for camoflauge. I can see how it would come in handy in this dragon’s adventures. If he or she were to fight Beastclans, the pigment can be used to ambush to gain an upper advantage, or to sneak around those of the Beastclans that at deemed to dangerous to fight.”

“In my conclusion,” the Coatl said, finally turning back to the Imperial, “This adventurer, at the time that these items were lost, was engaged with some of the Beastclans in battle. If it were be so, this dragon may have dropped these items by accident, coincidentally. However, that doesn’t seem probable, as this quiver and pigment are useful for self-defense, and vice versa. Most likely, this dragon was in a hurry due to running.” He gave a small smile. “Perhaps this mystery dragon had picked the wrong battle with the wrong enemies.”
MyfNmKq.png
[center][b]Day 9[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50248502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502486/50248502_350.png[/img] [/url] “Oh, I was a little worried when I saw Cora wasn’t here.” Podei sighs, obviously very sad Cora is not here at the moment, “But her work is important, and I’m always happy to help!” She looks at what Hermes gestured to, and nods. Nothing super fancy this round. “Maybe this pigment blend is some kind of special ink that was used for this historical document?” She inquires, “I don’t feel like that's right, but I don’t know enough to say otherwise.” [/center]
Day 9

50248502_350.png

“Oh, I was a little worried when I saw Cora wasn’t here.” Podei sighs, obviously very sad Cora is not here at the moment, “But her work is important, and I’m always happy to help!”

She looks at what Hermes gestured to, and nods. Nothing super fancy this round.

“Maybe this pigment blend is some kind of special ink that was used for this historical document?” She inquires, “I don’t feel like that's right, but I don’t know enough to say otherwise.”
about/faq
wishlist
flipnote art shop
This is the prompt for June 25th. Note that [b]submissions for the June 24th prompt are still open[/b] until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 25th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it. [quote][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b]Day Ten[/b] [center]Cora has set up outside the workshop, today. This is surprising, mostly because she hasn't been outside since the workshop was opened to a little more access. There's an archeologist next to her who looks remarkably battered; Bandaged, a crutch under one arm and a noticeable limp when he walks. You realize suddenly this must be the archeologist that was attacked. He's pointing to something on the table and talking to Cora. She's taking dutiful notes, just as she is expected to do. On an off chance, she glances up and notices you. She says something to the injured archeologist, who nods and turns to enter the workshop, then her paw is up, waving you towards her. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img] "I take it you met Hermes yesterday?" She asks, before you fully reach the table. "Pretty nice guy, right? Bit awkward, but he's fantastic at his job and has a heart of gold. I knew he'd do what I needed, I hope you didn't have trouble trusting him." Cora stretches her wings and notices your gaze trailing after the limping away archeologist. "That is indeed who you think it is." She answers your unasked question. "He's doing quite well, I think. We're further excavating the workshop today, hence why I'm outside. He was just giving me notes on the area he was attacked in." She frowns and shuffles her papers together. "Keep this quiet, but...there was a couple of dark spirit attacks yesterday. We didn't lose anyone this time, but they're all in the medical tent. Clearly, we need to take more action then just pretending this isn't a problem." At this, she sounds slightly guilty, clearly grouping herself in. She wouldn't be entirely wrong to do so. "...Anyway, ignoring that [i]remarkably[/i] dreary topic, I've more artifacts if you've more ideas." She gestures to a table situated slightly to her side, where the following objects lay. [item=magnetite][item=bluffclamber belongings][item=ringmaster's bellwhip][item=bottled embers][item=behemoth lance][/center][/quote] [size=2]@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak @Lundlaeva @NStar[/size]
This is the prompt for June 25th. Note that submissions for the June 24th prompt are still open until rollover! This posting however, also opens up the June 25th prompt to anyone who is interested in participating in it.
Quote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Ten
Cora has set up outside the workshop, today. This is surprising, mostly because she hasn't been outside since the workshop was opened to a little more access. There's an archeologist next to her who looks remarkably battered; Bandaged, a crutch under one arm and a noticeable limp when he walks. You realize suddenly this must be the archeologist that was attacked. He's pointing to something on the table and talking to Cora.

She's taking dutiful notes, just as she is expected to do. On an off chance, she glances up and notices you. She says something to the injured archeologist, who nods and turns to enter the workshop, then her paw is up, waving you towards her.

13697861_350.png

"I take it you met Hermes yesterday?" She asks, before you fully reach the table. "Pretty nice guy, right? Bit awkward, but he's fantastic at his job and has a heart of gold. I knew he'd do what I needed, I hope you didn't have trouble trusting him."

Cora stretches her wings and notices your gaze trailing after the limping away archeologist. "That is indeed who you think it is." She answers your unasked question. "He's doing quite well, I think. We're further excavating the workshop today, hence why I'm outside. He was just giving me notes on the area he was attacked in."

She frowns and shuffles her papers together. "Keep this quiet, but...there was a couple of dark spirit attacks yesterday. We didn't lose anyone this time, but they're all in the medical tent. Clearly, we need to take more action then just pretending this isn't a problem." At this, she sounds slightly guilty, clearly grouping herself in. She wouldn't be entirely wrong to do so.

"...Anyway, ignoring that remarkably dreary topic, I've more artifacts if you've more ideas." She gestures to a table situated slightly to her side, where the following objects lay.

Magnetite Bluffclamber Belongings Ringmaster's Bellwhip Bottled Embers Behemoth Lance

@Arkanjel @BlackwatchGenji @lilystar6 @Juri01 @Snek @mewCoyote @quietgal @Alastriona1 @Saraceaser @Pufferheart @Starsoul @rainenchanter @MandragoraAutumn @nostalgicgalaxy @Tempter @Harana @ghostlyplants @HelianthusNox @RemanLT @Wonderlast @artimator @GuardianDragonak
@Lundlaeva @NStar
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[center][b][ Day Nine ][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46111459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461115/46111459.png[/img] [/url] His first bit of attention went towards the room, looking all around - but then he greeted the unknown dragon waving so boldly at him. Asca listened in interest - good to hear of the recovery & oh, he was interested what he saw as well, indeed! But first thing first, of course. He let Hermes lead himto the items. Something blinked at the edge of sight. At the other side, when he tried to start concentrating. A few moments went past, then he shook his head and looked around. "Excuse me, is there a Lux Spectre?", he asked Hermes in an irritated tone. "Does it belong to todays findings, or did someone bring it in?" How confusing a thing it was. He knew it could be something of a problematic question, as many dragons didn't believe these Spectres to posses a mind of their own, but rather be a fragment of the one's seeing them. And too many of those believed it was a sign of going crazy...... "Maybe it lived here and bugged the dragons trying to sleep at night with its glow." He looked around in the shelf. "Oh curious. The remains of a pigment blend mix." And the bottled up ingredients. He inspected them, thinking hard about what he had read that could help. "I think its an analoguous one...", he then slowly said. Of course they could try out, but you didn't just use up ancient ingredients. "It should adapt to the color it is spread upon." He seemed to have an idea and pulled a quiver he formerly had just thougt to be common belonging out the shelf, then the arrows out of it. Looking at the tip of each he pulled another, and another - until he seemed to find one he had searched for. "Ah, see! This one had something applied to it. It's hard to see because it looks to be the same color, but ... actually that makes it likely to be the blend. Maybe one of the ones living here tried to prove the existence of the spectre?" A kind of funny thought, but students often had weird ideas - sometimes with outcomes, more interesting than one would think. "When dipping the arrow in the blend and being able to hit the spectre fast enough, maybe some of the wet outer blend could take on the spectre's glow. It would be proof of its existence." Looking at the arrow that clearly did not glow, he wondered, that if his theory was true - had anyone ever managed to hit the traget...? [item=Lux Spectre][item=Scout's Quiver][item=Analogous Pigment Blend]
[ Day Nine ]

46111459.png

His first bit of attention went towards the room, looking all around - but then he greeted the unknown dragon waving so boldly at him.
Asca listened in interest - good to hear of the recovery & oh, he was interested what he saw as well, indeed!

But first thing first, of course. He let Hermes lead himto the items.
Something blinked at the edge of sight.
At the other side, when he tried to start concentrating.
A few moments went past, then he shook his head and looked around.

"Excuse me, is there a Lux Spectre?", he asked Hermes in an irritated tone. "Does it belong to todays findings, or did someone bring it in?"
How confusing a thing it was.

He knew it could be something of a problematic question, as many dragons didn't believe these Spectres to posses a mind of their own, but rather be a fragment of the one's seeing them. And too many of those believed it was a sign of going crazy......

"Maybe it lived here and bugged the dragons trying to sleep at night with its glow."
He looked around in the shelf.
"Oh curious. The remains of a pigment blend mix." And the bottled up ingredients. He inspected them, thinking hard about what he had read that could help. "I think its an analoguous one...", he then slowly said. Of course they could try out, but you didn't just use up ancient ingredients.
"It should adapt to the color it is spread upon."

He seemed to have an idea and pulled a quiver he formerly had just thougt to be common belonging out the shelf, then the arrows out of it. Looking at the tip of each he pulled another, and another - until he seemed to find one he had searched for.
"Ah, see! This one had something applied to it. It's hard to see because it looks to be the same color, but ... actually that makes it likely to be the blend. Maybe one of the ones living here tried to prove the existence of the spectre?"
A kind of funny thought, but students often had weird ideas - sometimes with outcomes, more interesting than one would think.

"When dipping the arrow in the blend and being able to hit the spectre fast enough, maybe some of the wet outer blend could take on the spectre's glow. It would be proof of its existence."
Looking at the arrow that clearly did not glow, he wondered, that if his theory was true - had anyone ever managed to hit the traget...?

Lux Spectre Scout's Quiver Analogous Pigment Blend
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] Vona was kinda disappointed when the Imperial told her Cora wouldn't be here today, but that feeling didn't last long. Hermes was actually quite sympathetic. When he mentioned the injured dragon, she nearly forgot what she was here for. How much the Spiral wanted to hear his story herself! Probably it was useful to find out more about these objects they found - but Yixing would do a much better job than her for sure. He had more experience - actually everyone in the clan did and she still wondered why Aurum sent her. "Sorry!", she said, noticing that she didn't answer. How rude of her! She really needed to focus! Vona introduced herself with a bright smile. Better trying to make the best out of this! Sure. This wasn't the kind of adventure she was looking for. But it was interesting nonetheless. She hopped over to the shelf, noticing that the were only four objects today. "Oh! I had something similar as a hatchling!", she grabbed the pocket watch, flapping her wings in excitement with a nostalgic look in her eyes. "One of the older dragons told me, you could measure darkness with it." Tilting her head with a silent sigh she smiled. "Have you ever heard about the Lux Spectre? It's said to appear at the edge of someone's vision at night." Vona laughed, somewhat embrassed. "I used to believe it. Well..." Clearing her throat she put the clock back on the table. "You could only do this once. If you were awake and saw a Lux Spectre in the edge of your vision the clock would stop working for the span of the time the darkness was the deepest." Turning around to Hermes she scratched her nose. "The older dragons told me that the unit of darkness... is lost time. I know!" She lifted her paws with an insecure look, shaking her head. "It's just an old tale! I heard this story from an old light dragon. She said, the time the clock keeps would always be to late after this. They choose a special night for this, like their birthdate." Taking a look at the other objects she mumbled: " light dragons used to believe that darkness will steal your time " Vona shook her head, laughing. "I am sorry! This isn't useful at all..." Probably those Lux Spectres didn't even exist...

51666974_350.png

Vona was kinda disappointed when the Imperial told her Cora wouldn't be here today, but that feeling didn't last long.
Hermes was actually quite sympathetic.
When he mentioned the injured dragon, she nearly forgot what she was here for. How much the Spiral wanted to hear his story herself!
Probably it was useful to find out more about these objects they found - but Yixing would do a much better job than her for sure. He had more experience - actually everyone in the clan did and she still wondered why Aurum sent her.
"Sorry!", she said, noticing that she didn't answer. How rude of her! She really needed to focus!
Vona introduced herself with a bright smile. Better trying to make the best out of this!
Sure. This wasn't the kind of adventure she was looking for. But it was interesting nonetheless.
She hopped over to the shelf, noticing that the were only four objects today.
"Oh! I had something similar as a hatchling!", she grabbed the pocket watch, flapping her wings in excitement with a nostalgic look in her eyes. "One of the older dragons told me, you could measure darkness with it." Tilting her head with a silent sigh she smiled.
"Have you ever heard about the Lux Spectre? It's said to appear at the edge of someone's vision at night." Vona laughed, somewhat embrassed. "I used to believe it. Well..." Clearing her throat she put the clock back on the table.
"You could only do this once. If you were awake and saw a Lux Spectre in the edge of your vision the clock would stop working for the span of the time the darkness was the deepest."
Turning around to Hermes she scratched her nose. "The older dragons told me that the unit of darkness... is lost time. I know!" She lifted her paws with an insecure look, shaking her head. "It's just an old tale! I heard this story from an old light dragon. She said, the time the clock keeps would always be to late after this. They choose a special night for this, like their birthdate." Taking a look at the other objects she mumbled: " light dragons used to believe that darkness will steal your time "
Vona shook her head, laughing. "I am sorry! This isn't useful at all..."
Probably those Lux Spectres didn't even exist...
[b]Day Ten[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/OtKiYn2.png[/img] "Dark spirits attack yesterday?" Viognier spoke up the moment Cora mentioned it, his expression taking a gloomy turn and he gave Turi a reprimanding glare, who yelped. "W-we weren't here yesterday, it's fine!" Turi hastily reassured. "I'm fine, don't mind don't mind!" Someone do something to make this Ghostlight raider not terrifying, please! Cora then changed the topic and gestured to today's object, and Turi - who really couldn't be any more grateful of the distraction - promptly dragged Viognier away. Even his Chromefeather snorted, this damn fake bird really be leeching off his personal misery, go figure. After some time had passed, they ended up with a modified spear that Turi wasn't sure is something that can be found in Light flight, let alone Sornieth. "So from the items here, we figured out it could be another type of prehistoric weapon. By melding [u]magnetite [/u]with the original spearhead, you should be able to make a [u]Behemoth Lance[/u] with magnetic properties. The [u]Ringmaster's bellwhip[/u] is probably attached to the other end of the lance, since this lance is -" Turi experimentally tried to heave the lance around, to no avail. "- very clunky. It could be used as a more agile, flexible weapon too but I believe it's more for flare? Since it doesn't seems practical - I'm undermining my own point aren't I uh - but I think that dragons with remarkable agility would wield this weapon well!" Before Turi could ramble further, his Chromefeather smacked him on the head with its wing, reminding him to keep on topic with an annoyed mechanical trill. For the first time since being here, the meek Skydancer shouted, "Ouch! What was that for, you half-birthed crusty vacuum cleaner!" Viognier momentarily lost his composure and a quiet snort left him, one that halted Turi in his tracks. "Uh, sorry! Let's just continue. So [u]bottled embers[/u], both heat and smoke are advantages in a battle, so I think they're just coated on the spearhead for a more effective, painful experience, haha..? Smoke at least can irritate the skin and eyes. As for the Bluffclamber belongings, I don't think it has any use here unless the dragon using the lance is on a hunt...honestly it rather sidetracked me even, at first I thought everything could make for a beacon, until I realize it really isn't practical." Turi finished, sheepishly fluttering his wings.
Day Ten

OtKiYn2.png

"Dark spirits attack yesterday?" Viognier spoke up the moment Cora mentioned it, his expression taking a gloomy turn and he gave Turi a reprimanding glare, who yelped.

"W-we weren't here yesterday, it's fine!" Turi hastily reassured. "I'm fine, don't mind don't mind!" Someone do something to make this Ghostlight raider not terrifying, please! Cora then changed the topic and gestured to today's object, and Turi - who really couldn't be any more grateful of the distraction - promptly dragged Viognier away. Even his Chromefeather snorted, this damn fake bird really be leeching off his personal misery, go figure.

After some time had passed, they ended up with a modified spear that Turi wasn't sure is something that can be found in Light flight, let alone Sornieth. "So from the items here, we figured out it could be another type of prehistoric weapon. By melding magnetite with the original spearhead, you should be able to make a Behemoth Lance with magnetic properties. The Ringmaster's bellwhip is probably attached to the other end of the lance, since this lance is -" Turi experimentally tried to heave the lance around, to no avail. "- very clunky. It could be used as a more agile, flexible weapon too but I believe it's more for flare? Since it doesn't seems practical - I'm undermining my own point aren't I uh - but I think that dragons with remarkable agility would wield this weapon well!"

Before Turi could ramble further, his Chromefeather smacked him on the head with its wing, reminding him to keep on topic with an annoyed mechanical trill. For the first time since being here, the meek Skydancer shouted, "Ouch! What was that for, you half-birthed crusty vacuum cleaner!"

Viognier momentarily lost his composure and a quiet snort left him, one that halted Turi in his tracks. "Uh, sorry! Let's just continue. So bottled embers, both heat and smoke are advantages in a battle, so I think they're just coated on the spearhead for a more effective, painful experience, haha..? Smoke at least can irritate the skin and eyes. As for the Bluffclamber belongings, I don't think it has any use here unless the dragon using the lance is on a hunt...honestly it rather sidetracked me even, at first I thought everything could make for a beacon, until I realize it really isn't practical." Turi finished, sheepishly fluttering his wings.
Day Ten: Magnets and tools

Amber' eyes were bright with excitement. "Oh, hey! You're back!", she greeted Cora. "And hello to you, sir- oh no, are you leaving..."

Her voice trailed after the archeologist. Amber sat at the doorstep, a little dejected.

"Well fishnoodles", she said, and then turned to Cora again. "Well hi to you only, then. What do we have here today?"

Amber spent an awful amount of time toying around with the objects, turning them in her paws as she went. In the end, she sighed. "I dunno", she admitted. "Looks like a hiker's kit to me. See? The tools here are for exploration and maybe survival outdoors. The magnetite is for you to be able to fashion yourself a new magnet or to try and fix this one, if it demagnetised. The embers are to start campfires with, that rope with the bells on the end must be something to spin and throw so it ties around whatever you threw it at and allow you to pull it down or pull yourself up by it. The spear-thingie", she hesitated, looking at the beast of a spear before her, "whatever this was made of, it must be for support while hiking - on one hand, the body looks stable enough for a hiking stick. On the other hand, the whole thing would turn even sturdier if you stabbed the point into the ground..."

Amber looked at Cora with sad eyes. "I'm honestly grasping here. This doesn't sound like an engineer's solution at all... but it's honestly the best I have for you today. Sorry."
Day Ten: Magnets and tools

Amber' eyes were bright with excitement. "Oh, hey! You're back!", she greeted Cora. "And hello to you, sir- oh no, are you leaving..."

Her voice trailed after the archeologist. Amber sat at the doorstep, a little dejected.

"Well fishnoodles", she said, and then turned to Cora again. "Well hi to you only, then. What do we have here today?"

Amber spent an awful amount of time toying around with the objects, turning them in her paws as she went. In the end, she sighed. "I dunno", she admitted. "Looks like a hiker's kit to me. See? The tools here are for exploration and maybe survival outdoors. The magnetite is for you to be able to fashion yourself a new magnet or to try and fix this one, if it demagnetised. The embers are to start campfires with, that rope with the bells on the end must be something to spin and throw so it ties around whatever you threw it at and allow you to pull it down or pull yourself up by it. The spear-thingie", she hesitated, looking at the beast of a spear before her, "whatever this was made of, it must be for support while hiking - on one hand, the body looks stable enough for a hiking stick. On the other hand, the whole thing would turn even sturdier if you stabbed the point into the ground..."

Amber looked at Cora with sad eyes. "I'm honestly grasping here. This doesn't sound like an engineer's solution at all... but it's honestly the best I have for you today. Sorry."
tLqgaTW.png
(Psst, pinglist for the winners is missing a few names) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22606393] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226064/22606393_350.png[/img] [/url] "Guys, I've just realized. We haven't won anything since the music box because we haven't been taking in the surrounding information. Maybe we should go for the most obvious answer?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23090491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230905/23090491_350.png[/img] [/url] "No, that's boring. Katherine, this is in 'Creative Corner' for a reason." Somewhere in Sornieth, a fourth wall started cracking. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52199596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521996/52199596_350.png[/img] [/url] "Cortana, tell Katherine she's stupid." Cortana beeped, "Katherine she's stupid." Katherine sighed, "Well, it's something else to keep in mind while we're interpreting..." Alice and Agrippa both rolls their eye. Alice throws the magnetite at Agrippa, "Here, catch!" He opens up the jar of embers, and the magnetites falls in. He begins to shake the bottle. "Hey, are you listening to me?" Katherine asks. "Nope!" They say simultaneously. Alice grabs the spear and Agrippa opens up the bottle, now filled with melted magnetite. The Wildclaw dips the spear head inside. Then, she fishes the spearhead out of the jar and begins pounding it flat with the bluffclamber belongings. Katherine sighs, "Let me guess, you guys want the bells now, right? I'll grab it." Alice giggles, "That's the spirit!" She holds up the spearhead, now a flat triangular magnetic sheet and smiles at Agrippa. She places the magnetic metal card flat on the ground. As Katherine returned with the bells, Agrippa plucks one from its strings and rolls it towards the card. It sticks on the magnetic base and blossoms into a figure of an attacking imperial. "It's a game set! Magnetic cards that activate figurines that can be compacted into balls! They make pretty sounds, too!" Agrippa says, shaking the imperial figure, which makes it emit a tinkling sound. He deftly folds it back into a ball before rolling it on the triangular card again. Alice joins in, her bell-ball blooming into the shape of a pearlcatcher. Katherine looks at the result, dumbfounded, "I just told you guys we have to be more serious and literal in our interpretation, and you made [i]Bakugan[/i]?" Alice nods, "Yep! Submit!"
(Psst, pinglist for the winners is missing a few names)

22606393_350.png

"Guys, I've just realized. We haven't won anything since the music box because we haven't been taking in the surrounding information. Maybe we should go for the most obvious answer?"

23090491_350.png

"No, that's boring. Katherine, this is in 'Creative Corner' for a reason."

Somewhere in Sornieth, a fourth wall started cracking.

52199596_350.png

"Cortana, tell Katherine she's stupid."

Cortana beeped, "Katherine she's stupid."

Katherine sighed, "Well, it's something else to keep in mind while we're interpreting..."

Alice and Agrippa both rolls their eye.

Alice throws the magnetite at Agrippa, "Here, catch!"

He opens up the jar of embers, and the magnetites falls in. He begins to shake the bottle.

"Hey, are you listening to me?" Katherine asks.

"Nope!" They say simultaneously. Alice grabs the spear and Agrippa opens up the bottle, now filled with melted magnetite. The Wildclaw dips the spear head inside. Then, she fishes the spearhead out of the jar and begins pounding it flat with the bluffclamber belongings.

Katherine sighs, "Let me guess, you guys want the bells now, right? I'll grab it."

Alice giggles, "That's the spirit!" She holds up the spearhead, now a flat triangular magnetic sheet and smiles at Agrippa. She places the magnetic metal card flat on the ground.

As Katherine returned with the bells, Agrippa plucks one from its strings and rolls it towards the card. It sticks on the magnetic base and blossoms into a figure of an attacking imperial.

"It's a game set! Magnetic cards that activate figurines that can be compacted into balls! They make pretty sounds, too!" Agrippa says, shaking the imperial figure, which makes it emit a tinkling sound. He deftly folds it back into a ball before rolling it on the triangular card again. Alice joins in, her bell-ball blooming into the shape of a pearlcatcher.

Katherine looks at the result, dumbfounded, "I just told you guys we have to be more serious and literal in our interpretation, and you made Bakugan?"

Alice nods, "Yep! Submit!"

1WhYQHt.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51666974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516670/51666974_350.png[/img] [/url] Vona really didn't know how to handle all these informations. The injured dragon, Coras words about the dark spirit attacks... what was going on there? Ignore this topic? [i]How?[/i] "Uh... I..." Pressing her paws together, the Spiral stepped closer to the table. "Hermes really is a nice guy..." She answered way to late, looked up in the direction the archaeologist disappeared. Taking a deep breath she focused on the objects in front of her. "Exploration tools." Naming the things she tried to concentrate on helped her doing so. "A lance. Magnetite..." With an understanding sound Vona nodded, grabbing the Bellwhip, shaking it slightly, giggling. "I really like that sound!" Looking up to Cora, she suddenly stomped with one of her feet. "Focus!" A few mumling words later, she started again. "I think the magnetic stones were important for one thing!" With an energic gesture she pointed on the compass, belonging to the exploration tools, the bells ringing in her paw. "To magnetize the needle of the compass! Fire or falling down can weaken a magnet - and as we all know, a compass just a magnetized needle in a beautyful shell." She smiled, holding up the Bellwhip again. "When wandering in a group in darkness or another poorly visible terrain, bells could help not loosing the other dragons or familiars." Putting the whip back on the table she turned around to the other items, not really noticing how fast she was speaking. "The lance could be used as firestone. And the bottled ember as an firestarter. In combination with some dry wood, it should be eay to lit a flame with these two tools." (Sorry for possible mistakes... it's so damn hot, I can think straight. Also, I need to go to sleep soon. Will reread this tomorrow ):) She looked up, grabbing her tail with a bright smile, wiggling. "Is there any chance I could keep the Bellwhip?"

51666974_350.png

Vona really didn't know how to handle all these informations.
The injured dragon, Coras words about the dark spirit attacks... what was going on there?
Ignore this topic? How?
"Uh... I..." Pressing her paws together, the Spiral stepped closer to the table. "Hermes really is a nice guy..." She answered way to late, looked up in the direction the archaeologist disappeared.
Taking a deep breath she focused on the objects in front of her.
"Exploration tools." Naming the things she tried to concentrate on helped her doing so. "A lance. Magnetite..." With an understanding sound Vona nodded, grabbing the Bellwhip, shaking it slightly, giggling.
"I really like that sound!" Looking up to Cora, she suddenly stomped with one of her feet. "Focus!" A few mumling words later, she started again.

"I think the magnetic stones were important for one thing!" With an energic gesture she pointed on the compass, belonging to the exploration tools, the bells ringing in her paw. "To magnetize the needle of the compass! Fire or falling down can weaken a magnet - and as we all know, a compass just a magnetized needle in a beautyful shell." She smiled, holding up the Bellwhip again.
"When wandering in a group in darkness or another poorly visible terrain, bells could help not loosing the other dragons or familiars."
Putting the whip back on the table she turned around to the other items, not really noticing how fast she was speaking.
"The lance could be used as firestone. And the bottled ember as an firestarter. In combination with some dry wood, it should be eay to lit a flame with these two tools."

(Sorry for possible mistakes... it's so damn hot, I can think straight. Also, I need to go to sleep soon. Will reread this tomorrow ):)

She looked up, grabbing her tail with a bright smile, wiggling.
"Is there any chance I could keep the Bellwhip?"
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14