Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Make an OC [Traditional Art]
1 2 3 4
[center][b]Make an OC for the User Above You! TRADITIONAL ART EDITION [/b][/center] [center]The Idea of this thread is to have fun with art while making and receiving characters. Claim the person above you, make them a new original character digitially or with traditonal art, and fill out your own criteria to help the next poster make you a new OC! For digital art, click here. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1900923[/center][center] [center][b]How To[/b][/center] 1. Claim the person above you by writing "Claim" and the posting your filled out form (found below) within the same post. 2.When you finish, edit your post and put in a working image or link to the art so that we know you are done. 3. Message them with the image when finished. Someone should claim you, and do the same for you. Be sure to say thank you for the art you receive! If you have any issues or questions, just please feel free to pm me. [center][b]Rules[/b][/center] 1. Time Limit is [b]one week[/b], this means from the day you start you have 7 days to finish a design for the user above you. 2. [b]Quality [/b]is important. Don't just sketch out a design in ten minutes, use a paint bucket to fill it or overall put very little effort into the design.[b] This is for fun, not to get characters from others while doing the least amount of work you can get away with! [/b] 3. [b]All levels of artists[/b] are accepted as long as thought and [b]effort[/b] is put into the designs. 4. Try to meet the user above you's criteria to your best ability. 5. Lore and Biography for a character you make is [b]optional[/b] not expected, and is not set in stone if the new owner decides to change it. 6. All art is free, this means you [b]cannot[/b] ask for payment for a design, or set out rules for how they change/use the character. 7. [b]Give credit[/b] for the art given to you if you post it somewhere. You may not claim credit for the design (Or do this by omission of giving credit to the artist). While the design is given to you, and you own the design to the character, please remember the artist still maintains some rights over their original artwork even if they have given up the design, and deserve credit for it if you put the original artwork in other places. 8. Do not use [b]preexisting designs[/b], or art or line art [b]you did not create yourself[/b]. 9. Do not post again until your [b]current[/b] design is finished. 10. Please don't post a claim without having a form ready. The whole form doesn't have to be filled out if you don't care, you can put something like "Whatever you feel like making" and that's fine, but don't leave it blank to edit it later. 11. Please [b]do not[/b] withhold art to the person above you until you receive yours. It's unfair to the person above you. Please [b]try not to chat or comment on art within this thread[/b], only post and edit your post to claim and post your form and finished art, just to keep it tidy. If you want to say thank you, thats fine, but make sure to include a "skip me" in your post, or just say thank you on their page or through PM. [b][center]Form[/center][/b] [code][b]Ideas for my character[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Aesthetics:[/b] [b]Colors and Designs[/b]: [b]What I dislike:[/b] [b]Other/Suggestions:[/b] [b]Things for Inspiration:[/b] [/code]
Make an OC for the User Above You!
TRADITIONAL ART EDITION
The Idea of this thread is to have fun with art while making and receiving characters. Claim the person above you, make them a new original character digitially or with traditonal art, and fill out your own criteria to help the next poster make you a new OC!

For digital art, click here.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1900923

How To

1. Claim the person above you by writing "Claim" and the posting your filled out form (found below) within the same post.
2.When you finish, edit your post and put in a working image or link to the art so that we know you are done.
3. Message them with the image when finished.

Someone should claim you, and do the same for you. Be sure to say thank you for the art you receive!

If you have any issues or questions, just please feel free to pm me.

Rules

1. Time Limit is one week, this means from the day you start you have 7 days to finish a design for the user above you.

2. Quality is important. Don't just sketch out a design in ten minutes, use a paint bucket to fill it or overall put very little effort into the design. This is for fun, not to get characters from others while doing the least amount of work you can get away with!

3. All levels of artists are accepted as long as thought and effort is put into the designs.

4. Try to meet the user above you's criteria to your best ability.

5. Lore and Biography for a character you make is optional not expected, and is not set in stone if the new owner decides to change it.

6. All art is free, this means you cannot ask for payment for a design, or set out rules for how they change/use the character.

7. Give credit for the art given to you if you post it somewhere. You may not claim credit for the design (Or do this by omission of giving credit to the artist). While the design is given to you, and you own the design to the character, please remember the artist still maintains some rights over their original artwork even if they have given up the design, and deserve credit for it if you put the original artwork in other places.

8. Do not use preexisting designs, or art or line art you did not create yourself.

9. Do not post again until your current design is finished.

10. Please don't post a claim without having a form ready. The whole form doesn't have to be filled out if you don't care, you can put something like "Whatever you feel like making" and that's fine, but don't leave it blank to edit it later.

11. Please do not withhold art to the person above you until you receive yours. It's unfair to the person above you.

Please try not to chat or comment on art within this thread, only post and edit your post to claim and post your form and finished art, just to keep it tidy. If you want to say thank you, thats fine, but make sure to include a "skip me" in your post, or just say thank you on their page or through PM.

Form

Code:
[b]Ideas for my character[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Aesthetics:[/b] [b]Colors and Designs[/b]: [b]What I dislike:[/b] [b]Other/Suggestions:[/b] [b]Things for Inspiration:[/b]
No need to make me art, first person doesn't have to draw anything. :)
No need to make me art, first person doesn't have to draw anything. :)
@PorcelainPlants Is there anything you want me to draw for you, because I'd like to draw a little something. :) Even if it's like a gijinka of a dragon. I drew Serpenta. I tired experimenting with shading a little. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7ba5828e46dcc6a0f0743d0813291014/tumblr_pt8xvaEooz1qi9hq2_540.jpg[/img] [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Species:[/b] Human [b]Aesthetics:[/b] I was thinking of an Avatar The Last Airbender OC. More specifically a Fire Nation character. [b]Colors and Designs[/b]: Reds and golds. Something that can incorporate fire. Maybe Chinese Dragons. [b]What I dislike:[/b] Nothing in particular here. [b]Other/Suggestions:[/b] I'd want this character to have a spunky and reckless sort of vibe. [b]Things for Inspiration:[/b] [url=https://66.media.tumblr.com/9f2c68d4eeaa393592ee952433316b39/tumblr_pbps0bhf3k1rine4xo2_500.jpg]x[/url], [url=https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/5/52246/1415042-1283495112382.png]x[/url], [url=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/39/70/ff/3970ff7bcbc894ca578d0c9cf13da63f.png]x[/url], [url=https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/a/ac/Azula_Render.png/revision/latest?cb=20170715180812]x[/url]
@PorcelainPlants Is there anything you want me to draw for you, because I'd like to draw a little something. :) Even if it's like a gijinka of a dragon.

I drew Serpenta. I tired experimenting with shading a little.

tumblr_pt8xvaEooz1qi9hq2_540.jpg

Species: Human
Aesthetics: I was thinking of an Avatar The Last Airbender OC. More specifically a Fire Nation character.
Colors and Designs: Reds and golds. Something that can incorporate fire. Maybe Chinese Dragons.
What I dislike: Nothing in particular here.
Other/Suggestions: I'd want this character to have a spunky and reckless sort of vibe.

Things for Inspiration: x, x, x, x
257486_1462814308_banner.gif
@Onyxbat, if you really want to you can(I like pretty much anything), or gift something to a friend for your drawing, whatever you like. :)

@Onyxbat, if you really want to you can(I like pretty much anything), or gift something to a friend for your drawing, whatever you like. :)

@Onyxbat I loved making this character. I hope you like her! I couldn't come up with a name so you get to name her as well. :) [img]https://i.imgur.com/0gwNNmR.jpg[/img] Gender: Female Species: Human or alien Aesthetics: 80s vibe, Jean jacket covered with patches/buttons, high top or knee high multicolored shoes or boots Colors and Designs: all colors What I dislike: nothing really Other/Suggestions: oc has a pet Madagascar hissing cockroach or giant African land snail ,and its always with her. Maybe in a denim backpack in an ornate "BUG" box. Or a denim fanny pack instead of backpack. Wears bug jewelry that's usually plastic jewelry. Also if a name pops into your head while designing her, feel free to name her too. @Shadeyrain Just checking to make sure you hadn't forgotten about this thread.
@Onyxbat I loved making this character. I hope you like her! I couldn't come up with a name so you get to name her as well. :)

0gwNNmR.jpg

Species: Human or alien
Aesthetics: 80s vibe, Jean jacket covered with patches/buttons, high top or knee high multicolored shoes or boots
Colors and Designs: all colors
What I dislike: nothing really
Other/Suggestions: oc has a pet Madagascar hissing cockroach or giant African land snail ,and its always with her. Maybe in a denim backpack in an ornate "BUG" box. Or a denim fanny pack instead of backpack. Wears bug jewelry that's usually plastic jewelry. Also if a name pops into your head while designing her, feel free to name her too.

@Shadeyrain Just checking to make sure you hadn't forgotten about this thread.
Peachy_Worm_tiny.pngqauPMJ7.png
Peachy_Worm_tiny.png
Claiming CroneofDragons

Ideas for my character

Species: Alien or something Fantasy-like
Aesthetics: Glowy, Starry, or Bioluminescent.
Colors and Designs:Dark Colors with bright highlights!
What I dislike:Strange/unusual body horror or bodyparts where they aren't suppose to be; eg:mouths on legs or hands instead of ears. I guess I think bodyparts should make sense, not the "lol so random" aesthetic.
Other/Suggestions:Have fun with it! Give them characteristics, name them, whatever strikes your mood.

Things for Inspiration:James Cameron's Avatar was in my head at the time of writing this, lol.
Claiming CroneofDragons

Ideas for my character

Species: Alien or something Fantasy-like
Aesthetics: Glowy, Starry, or Bioluminescent.
Colors and Designs:Dark Colors with bright highlights!
What I dislike:Strange/unusual body horror or bodyparts where they aren't suppose to be; eg:mouths on legs or hands instead of ears. I guess I think bodyparts should make sense, not the "lol so random" aesthetic.
Other/Suggestions:Have fun with it! Give them characteristics, name them, whatever strikes your mood.

Things for Inspiration:James Cameron's Avatar was in my head at the time of writing this, lol.
teRaSHFw_o.pngeuDTIgez_o.png
@Shadeyrain I apologize for the linework, I have shaky hands!! but I had an idea an ran with it. the idea was that it uses its fangs on its head to poison their prey and then uses its tail to actually consume the prey similar to the way a snake would. I also had the idea that the tail might be a separate organism fused to the host in some symbiotic relationship, but I think you can decide for yourself!!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/nNgUR1L.jpg[/img] Ideas for my character [b]Gender[/b]: Any [b]Species[/b]: Feral [b]Aesthetics[/b]: forest animals and knick knacks like dice and buttons. [b]Colors and Designs[/b]:natural colors (especially browns) with a single unnatural/standing out color. [b]What I dislike[/b]: an eye straining color palette. though I guess that's a harder to do traditionally [b]Other/Suggestions[/b]:a creature that hoards little knickknacks it finds. id imagine its small and lives in a house, but if u get an idea u can run with it. [b]Things for Inspiration[/b]: [img]https://www.joann.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-joann-product-catalog/default/dw571c65cb/images/hi-res/10/10029668.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.color-hex.com/palettes/53221.png[/img]
@Shadeyrain I apologize for the linework, I have shaky hands!! but I had an idea an ran with it. the idea was that it uses its fangs on its head to poison their prey and then uses its tail to actually consume the prey similar to the way a snake would. I also had the idea that the tail might be a separate organism fused to the host in some symbiotic relationship, but I think you can decide for yourself!!!

nNgUR1L.jpg

Ideas for my character

Species: Feral
Aesthetics: forest animals and knick knacks like dice and buttons.
Colors and Designs:natural colors (especially browns) with a single unnatural/standing out color.
What I dislike: an eye straining color palette. though I guess that's a harder to do traditionally
Other/Suggestions:a creature that hoards little knickknacks it finds. id imagine its small and lives in a house, but if u get an idea u can run with it.

Things for Inspiration:

10029668.jpg
53221.png
@pupbeat

eOAxTqK.png

So, I had an idea right away for this cutie, and I started working on it. Tried a new style with line-art too, haha

I imagine them wearing a mushroom cap as a hat, and collecting tiny trinkets in their pouch (they are very small themself)

If you look closely, you can see I added a dice number pattern on their fur;
1 on the head/nose
2 on the left arn
3 on the right arm
4 on the belly/pouch
5 (obscured) on the left thigh
6 (obscured) on the right thigh

If you end up drawing them, I'd love to see! :D

Ideas for my character

Species: -Taur or Merfolk
Aesthetics: Weird creatures, bright colours, natural colours, forests, deep sea, coral reefs
Colors and Designs: Keep it close to the original creature. However, you don't need to colour it! If you can give a clear sketch, I'll be more than happy!
What I dislike: A general centaur/deertaur, or merfolk. Muddy colours, no distinct features
Other/Suggestions: Use some funky animals or sea creatures! Below I have a list linked to a Sta.sh journal with sea creatures I like for merfolk. For the -taurs, do something new! Use a crocodile, goat, guinea pig, lion, salamander, frog, anything that is unusual. I love taurs ;u;

Things for Inspiration:

List of sea creatures: https://sta.sh/01wg1vlt9xhc
@pupbeat

eOAxTqK.png

So, I had an idea right away for this cutie, and I started working on it. Tried a new style with line-art too, haha

I imagine them wearing a mushroom cap as a hat, and collecting tiny trinkets in their pouch (they are very small themself)

If you look closely, you can see I added a dice number pattern on their fur;
1 on the head/nose
2 on the left arn
3 on the right arm
4 on the belly/pouch
5 (obscured) on the left thigh
6 (obscured) on the right thigh

If you end up drawing them, I'd love to see! :D

Ideas for my character

Species: -Taur or Merfolk
Aesthetics: Weird creatures, bright colours, natural colours, forests, deep sea, coral reefs
Colors and Designs: Keep it close to the original creature. However, you don't need to colour it! If you can give a clear sketch, I'll be more than happy!
What I dislike: A general centaur/deertaur, or merfolk. Muddy colours, no distinct features
Other/Suggestions: Use some funky animals or sea creatures! Below I have a list linked to a Sta.sh journal with sea creatures I like for merfolk. For the -taurs, do something new! Use a crocodile, goat, guinea pig, lion, salamander, frog, anything that is unusual. I love taurs ;u;

Things for Inspiration:

List of sea creatures: https://sta.sh/01wg1vlt9xhc
@Arimwe Claim!

I couldn’t decide, so I did both a taur and a mer OC for you. The taur is obviously based on an African elephant. The mer is a showy boy based on a feathertail betta.

Old Bull

Betta Boy

Ideas for my character

Species: Dragon
Aesthetics: Weapon of war, mass destruction, burn the village, you get the idea
Colors and Designs: Whatever you are feeling, my friend. I will totally accept a black and white sketch, too.
What I dislike: Demonic symbols and such
Other/Suggestions: Go wild!

Things for Inspiration:
Just look at Beastofoblivion’s stuff on dA
Or QuillCoil on dA
@Arimwe Claim!

I couldn’t decide, so I did both a taur and a mer OC for you. The taur is obviously based on an African elephant. The mer is a showy boy based on a feathertail betta.

Old Bull

Betta Boy

Ideas for my character

Species: Dragon
Aesthetics: Weapon of war, mass destruction, burn the village, you get the idea
Colors and Designs: Whatever you are feeling, my friend. I will totally accept a black and white sketch, too.
What I dislike: Demonic symbols and such
Other/Suggestions: Go wild!

Things for Inspiration:
Just look at Beastofoblivion’s stuff on dA
Or QuillCoil on dA
l0yYPBF.png
Don’t let traditional art die. Bump.
Don’t let traditional art die. Bump.
l0yYPBF.png
1 2 3 4