Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Yoyo's Writing Dump
1 2
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43922856] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439229/43922856_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]The small fae's face lights up as you pause beside her small set up, hurrying to stand and wave her claws frantically at you. "Hey! Hey, wait!" Her voice is very expressive for a fae's, full of excitement as she yells. Once she is sure she has got your attention she turns around to grab a tiny book that was perfectly her size. She holds it up toward you and peeks from behind it, eyes shining. "Do you have a moment to listen to one of my stories? I promise it will be worth your while![/i][/center] [center]x x x x x x[/center] [center]Hi there! Welcome to a small dumping thread for writings I do for my own dragons in my free time! Things are currently being set up right now and are still WIP, so hang in there on how plain it is and for the meantime feel free to enjoy some of my short excerpts of writing! :) If you enjoy what you read, I would love to hear from you on a comment on my page or through pm- it would mean a lot to me! Thank you :)[/center]
The small fae's face lights up as you pause beside her small set up, hurrying to stand and wave her claws frantically at you.

"Hey! Hey, wait!"

Her voice is very expressive for a fae's, full of excitement as she yells. Once she is sure she has got your attention she turns around to grab a tiny book that was perfectly her size. She holds it up toward you and peeks from behind it, eyes shining. "Do you have a moment to listen to one of my stories? I promise it will be worth your while!
x x x x x x
Hi there! Welcome to a small dumping thread for writings I do for my own dragons in my free time! Things are currently being set up right now and are still WIP, so hang in there on how plain it is and for the meantime feel free to enjoy some of my short excerpts of writing! :) If you enjoy what you read, I would love to hear from you on a comment on my page or through pm- it would mean a lot to me! Thank you :)
[center][b]My Son (Leviathan and Laria)[/b][/center] [center]"He's beautiful." Leviathan voice came out as barely more than a whisper, breaking halfway through as the first tear slipped down his cheek. He pressed his nose to the top of his firstborn's head as the reality of it all hit him. He had a son. He had a son with his beautiful wife, and he was right here in front of him, round red eyes looking up at him with curiosity and trust. He had never thought he would have anyone, and now he not only had one, but soon two kids. The joy that pounded in his chest along with his heart was incomparable to any feeling he had ever felt before . He would do anything for his little boy. Pulling away only when he could feel Laria's presence come up beside him, Leviathan leaned over to nuzzle her cheek. She leaned into the touch, a happy hum coming from the back of her throat. "You're going to be a wonderful father, my dear." She said quietly, pressing her forehead to her husband's. "And you're already a wonderful mother." Leviathan responded, causing Laria to chuckle and pull her head away. She wiped the tears from her own eyes as she turned her attention back on the hatchling. Together they looked on at their son and the egg that would soon be his brother with pride, an unspoken vow hanging in the comfortable silence as the lanterns of his family surrounded the hatchling in warm, loving light. No wrong would ever come to these hatchlings. They would always protect them. --- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41031601] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410317/41031601_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40957760] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/409578/40957760_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
My Son (Leviathan and Laria)
"He's beautiful."

Leviathan voice came out as barely more than a whisper, breaking halfway through as the first tear slipped down his cheek. He pressed his nose to the top of his firstborn's head as the reality of it all hit him. He had a son. He had a son with his beautiful wife, and he was right here in front of him, round red eyes looking up at him with curiosity and trust. He had never thought he would have anyone, and now he not only had one, but soon two kids. The joy that pounded in his chest along with his heart was incomparable to any feeling he had ever felt before .

He would do anything for his little boy.

Pulling away only when he could feel Laria's presence come up beside him, Leviathan leaned over to nuzzle her cheek. She leaned into the touch, a happy hum coming from the back of her throat.

"You're going to be a wonderful father, my dear." She said quietly, pressing her forehead to her husband's.

"And you're already a wonderful mother." Leviathan responded, causing Laria to chuckle and pull her head away. She wiped the tears from her own eyes as she turned her attention back on the hatchling.

Together they looked on at their son and the egg that would soon be his brother with pride, an unspoken vow hanging in the comfortable silence as the lanterns of his family surrounded the hatchling in warm, loving light. No wrong would ever come to these hatchlings.

They would always protect them.

---

41031601_350.png

40957760_350.png

[center][b]Sweet Dreams (Lullaby and Dream)[/b] The soft pitter-patter of rain against the roof of the den was comforting to Lullaby, the quiet snores of his wife greeting him as he shook his half-soaked fur. He had been helping a mother soothe her hatchling from night terrors when they had heard the storm approach. She excused him to return home, not wanting him to get caught up in a downpour, thanking him for her now happily snoozing son before sending him on his way. The rain itself hadn't been that bad, and likely wouldn't get much worse, yet Lullaby had been happy to take the excuse to return home and get some sleep himself, snuggled up nice and warm with his beautiful wife. Placing down the bag of supplies to aid with sleep he had brought with him, Lullaby looked over at Dream's sleeping figure, her sides rising and falling with each gentle breath. A soft smile graced him as he approached her, ducking his head down to nuzzle the top of hers only to immediately be overcome with an intense feeling of fear that he knew was not his. Stumbling back, Lullaby looked down at Dream, noticing the way her face was twisted into a grimace. She was having a nightmare, or perhaps a vision. While those normally came to her during the day, it was not unknown to happen at night as she slept. With slight hesitance he pressed his snout to her head once more, willing himself into her dream. He was always unsure when he used his powers on his wife, as there was so much more weight to what he was seeing, so much more risk. His legs gave way beneath him as sleep took over his body, collapsing to the floor beside her. -- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18389096] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/183891/18389096_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22877381] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/228774/22877381_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Sweet Dreams (Lullaby and Dream)

The soft pitter-patter of rain against the roof of the den was comforting to Lullaby, the quiet snores of his wife greeting him as he shook his half-soaked fur.

He had been helping a mother soothe her hatchling from night terrors when they had heard the storm approach. She excused him to return home, not wanting him to get caught up in a downpour, thanking him for her now happily snoozing son before sending him on his way.

The rain itself hadn't been that bad, and likely wouldn't get much worse, yet Lullaby had been happy to take the excuse to return home and get some sleep himself, snuggled up nice and warm with his beautiful wife.

Placing down the bag of supplies to aid with sleep he had brought with him, Lullaby looked over at Dream's sleeping figure, her sides rising and falling with each gentle breath. A soft smile graced him as he approached her, ducking his head down to nuzzle the top of hers only to immediately be overcome with an intense feeling of fear that he knew was not his.

Stumbling back, Lullaby looked down at Dream, noticing the way her face was twisted into a grimace. She was having a nightmare, or perhaps a vision. While those normally came to her during the day, it was not unknown to happen at night as she slept.

With slight hesitance he pressed his snout to her head once more, willing himself into her dream. He was always unsure when he used his powers on his wife, as there was so much more weight to what he was seeing, so much more risk. His legs gave way beneath him as sleep took over his body, collapsing to the floor beside her.

--

18389096_350.png

22877381_350.png

[center][b]Lost (Laria)[/b] Darkness surrounded her, the towering trees appearing like giants with their branch arms stretched out to throw her into their waiting maw. She could hear the scuttling of life all around her, the once peaceful (and perhaps even appetizing) sound now turning her stomach into a churning pit of fear. Laria had never been afraid of this forest before. Of course, that might have been because she'd never faced it alone. Her mama had always told her to stay away from the forest once night fell. It had never seemed too serious, always just offhand comments when she chased a group of lightning bugs too close to the clan exit or curiously tried to sneak away to explore as hatchlings tend to do. "There are monsters out there." She could recall her mother saying when she asked why she couldn't go with her father on one of his many night-time trips. "It's dangerous, especially for little hatchlings like you." "But we're dragons! Nothing should scare us!" Laria had answered incredulously, proudly demonstrating her scary dragon prowress by crouching low and letting out a growl that sounded more like a purring kitten, pausing and tilting her head when her mother laughed. "Yes, my dear, we are pretty frightening." She had said, moving her head forward to nuzzle her daughter affectionately. "But even so, we still have things we must fear. Even the scariest of monsters have something they are afraid of. We are no different." She could tell now that her mother was right, shuddering body pressed low to the damp forest ground. Her eyes darted to and fro, desperately trying to find something that gave her an inkling of an idea of where she was. The only light she had came from her own body, the markings seemingly sprawled across her body emitting a dull shine that seemed to fade in and out of intensity like a candle on the last of its wick. Even the moon was blotted out by the dense canopy of tree crowns that hung above her, making it seem as if the night sky had gone void of stars. She was afraid. -- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40957760] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/409578/40957760_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Lost (Laria)

Darkness surrounded her, the towering trees appearing like giants with their branch arms stretched out to throw her into their waiting maw. She could hear the scuttling of life all around her, the once peaceful (and perhaps even appetizing) sound now turning her stomach into a churning pit of fear.

Laria had never been afraid of this forest before. Of course, that might have been because she'd never faced it alone.

Her mama had always told her to stay away from the forest once night fell. It had never seemed too serious, always just offhand comments when she chased a group of lightning bugs too close to the clan exit or curiously tried to sneak away to explore as hatchlings tend to do.

"There are monsters out there." She could recall her mother saying when she asked why she couldn't go with her father on one of his many night-time trips. "It's dangerous, especially for little hatchlings like you."

"But we're dragons! Nothing should scare us!" Laria had answered incredulously, proudly demonstrating her scary dragon prowress by crouching low and letting out a growl that sounded more like a purring kitten, pausing and tilting her head when her mother laughed.

"Yes, my dear, we are pretty frightening." She had said, moving her head forward to nuzzle her daughter affectionately. "But even so, we still have things we must fear. Even the scariest of monsters have something they are afraid of. We are no different."

She could tell now that her mother was right, shuddering body pressed low to the damp forest ground. Her eyes darted to and fro, desperately trying to find something that gave her an inkling of an idea of where she was. The only light she had came from her own body, the markings seemingly sprawled across her body emitting a dull shine that seemed to fade in and out of intensity like a candle on the last of its wick. Even the moon was blotted out by the dense canopy of tree crowns that hung above her, making it seem as if the night sky had gone void of stars.

She was afraid.

--

40957760_350.png

[center][b]Infection (Grant, Belaire, Noel)[/b][/center] [center]"Grant?" Belaire's voice wavered with tears as she raised a shaking claw to the Imperial's face, heart beating faster along with her firefly's flickering lights. "Grant, please say something. I've been so worried." She continued when she received no response, a single tear slipping down her cheek as she gently touched the mask he was wearing. His face was greatly obscured by the unnatural plastic, and the closer she looked the more it almost seemed as if he had no features beneath it at all. Empty black greeted her where she should be able see his eyes, a great contrast to the bright and joyful light that she had grown so fond of. Despite her pleas, the Imperial didn't respond. In fact, he didn't move a muscle at all. It was if he were a statue frozen in time. Nothing more than an empty husk of the dragon she once knew. Almost as if following instinct, Belaire tugged gently at the mask with her talon, surprised to find that it would not budge. Placing her claws on both sides, she pulled harder, only to recoil in horror at what she caused. The mask did tear away, but she did not find the dragon she loved beneath it. Where the mask once laid was a festering wound- was it a wound? It did not bleed once reopened...at least, she didn't think that was blood. It was almost as if he had ink streaming down from where she had disturbed the mask, thick black goo dripping onto the ground and echoing throughout the chamber loudly. "No, no, Grant..." Nausea flooded through the pearlcatcher's stomach as she stumbled back, moving to cover her mouth only to scream when she found her hand covered in the same goo that was starting to stream onto the floor. She shook her hand wildly, yet no matter how hard she fought it seemed to cling to her skin. The back of the mask was covered in the substance as well, slowly trudging up her arm even as she flung the source away from her. "Please, stop, please," Belaire continued as she backed away, voice breaking as more more tears fell. Her eyes were fixated on the fast spreading infection as the sound of the goo hitting the floor grew louder. It was now streaming onto the floor as if it were a waterfall, spilling out towards her. "What is this? Someone help me, please!" No one responded, though it wasn't as though she was expecting anyone to. She was going to die down here. She was going to meet the same fate as Grant, alone in the dark stone walls of this prison, with no one to help her. She had always thought she'd die as part of the group. Never in her worst nightmares did she imagine facing it alone. It was to her chest now, spreading up her neck and down her legs. Her screams for help nearly drowning out the sound of the door clicking open. "Oh, my, I thought I had felt something!" At the sound of the sudden voice, Belaire let out another sob, this time of relief. "Oh thank the Light, please, help me!" There was a moment of silence followed by footsteps, growing closer and closer before pausing a few feet away, just out of sight. "Goodness me, you sure made quite the mess. It would have been so much easier if you had just left the mask on. Clean-up for this is gonna be hell." "What-" Belaire began to speak again, only to be shushed, confusion muddling her brain as she listened without question. "I had a feeling you would show up soon. Grant won't shut up about you whenever I decide to take him out for a hunt. It can get quite annoying at times." "Who are you?" Belaire asked after a moment of struggle, the heavy feeling around her throat making it hard to breath. The goo had immobilized her so badly that she couldn't even turn her head, entire body rigid, like a...statue. "Oh? You haven't pieced that together already?" The footsteps started again, Belaire's eyes darting toward the side she could hear them approaching from. A skydancer- is that truly a skydancer? she has no face, only red and white writhing goo- came into view, same blank eyes as the mask Grant wore causing her heart to drop. "My name is Noel. I'm quite sure you've heard of me." She didn't even get a chance to respond before her face was covered, the world fading into black. -- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40971927] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/409720/40971927_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43418807] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434189/43418807_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44531199] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/445312/44531199_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Infection (Grant, Belaire, Noel)
"Grant?" Belaire's voice wavered with tears as she raised a shaking claw to the Imperial's face, heart beating faster along with her firefly's flickering lights.

"Grant, please say something. I've been so worried." She continued when she received no response, a single tear slipping down her cheek as she gently touched the mask he was wearing.

His face was greatly obscured by the unnatural plastic, and the closer she looked the more it almost seemed as if he had no features beneath it at all. Empty black greeted her where she should be able see his eyes, a great contrast to the bright and joyful light that she had grown so fond of.

Despite her pleas, the Imperial didn't respond. In fact, he didn't move a muscle at all. It was if he were a statue frozen in time. Nothing more than an empty husk of the dragon she once knew.

Almost as if following instinct, Belaire tugged gently at the mask with her talon, surprised to find that it would not budge. Placing her claws on both sides, she pulled harder, only to recoil in horror at what she caused.

The mask did tear away, but she did not find the dragon she loved beneath it. Where the mask once laid was a festering wound- was it a wound? It did not bleed once reopened...at least, she didn't think that was blood. It was almost as if he had ink streaming down from where she had disturbed the mask, thick black goo dripping onto the ground and echoing throughout the chamber loudly.

"No, no, Grant..."

Nausea flooded through the pearlcatcher's stomach as she stumbled back, moving to cover her mouth only to scream when she found her hand covered in the same goo that was starting to stream onto the floor. She shook her hand wildly, yet no matter how hard she fought it seemed to cling to her skin. The back of the mask was covered in the substance as well, slowly trudging up her arm even as she flung the source away from her.

"Please, stop, please," Belaire continued as she backed away, voice breaking as more more tears fell. Her eyes were fixated on the fast spreading infection as the sound of the goo hitting the floor grew louder. It was now streaming onto the floor as if it were a waterfall, spilling out towards her.

"What is this? Someone help me, please!"

No one responded, though it wasn't as though she was expecting anyone to. She was going to die down here. She was going to meet the same fate as Grant, alone in the dark stone walls of this prison, with no one to help her.

She had always thought she'd die as part of the group. Never in her worst nightmares did she imagine facing it alone.

It was to her chest now, spreading up her neck and down her legs. Her screams for help nearly drowning out the sound of the door clicking open.

"Oh, my, I thought I had felt something!"

At the sound of the sudden voice, Belaire let out another sob, this time of relief. "Oh thank the Light, please, help me!"

There was a moment of silence followed by footsteps, growing closer and closer before pausing a few feet away, just out of sight.

"Goodness me, you sure made quite the mess. It would have been so much easier if you had just left the mask on. Clean-up for this is gonna be hell."

"What-" Belaire began to speak again, only to be shushed, confusion muddling her brain as she listened without question.

"I had a feeling you would show up soon. Grant won't shut up about you whenever I decide to take him out for a hunt. It can get quite annoying at times."

"Who are you?" Belaire asked after a moment of struggle, the heavy feeling around her throat making it hard to breath. The goo had immobilized her so badly that she couldn't even turn her head, entire body rigid, like a...statue.

"Oh? You haven't pieced that together already?" The footsteps started again, Belaire's eyes darting toward the side she could hear them approaching from. A skydancer- is that truly a skydancer? she has no face, only red and white writhing goo- came into view, same blank eyes as the mask Grant wore causing her heart to drop.

"My name is Noel. I'm quite sure you've heard of me."

She didn't even get a chance to respond before her face was covered, the world fading into black.

--

40971927_350.png

43418807_350.png

44531199_350.png

[center][b]Change (Kassandra and Syzine)[/b] Kassandra reached out to clutch at Syzines claws, holding them in hers as she spoke franticically, words spilling from her mouth. "There is still time to change her mind! The skydancer within her is there, I know it is! I've seen it!" "I'm sorry Kass, but she's too far gone. We have to do something before we lose anyone else." Syzine's voice was gentle as he said the words that Kassandra had heard in her visions so many times before, her heart pounding as tears welled in her eyes.  "Bevud thinks he could have a way to successfully kill her by the end of the Winter Solstice. You have until he is finished to turn her down the right path, else we will do what we must." "Please, Syzine, that is not enough time!" Kassandra said, grip on him tightening as she leaned closer. "You must know this, you must know that I need to have more time!" "It is not my decision to make." Syzine said firmly, pulling his claws away from her as he began to walk off in the direction of the Haven's home. "This is the only warning you get. Change her ways, or watch her die." Kassandra let the tears she had been fighting back slip down her cheeks as all fight in her bones seemed to drain out, causing her to slump to the ground. She couldn't even get a word out as Syzine gave a mournful look back at her, voice that she once found comfort in feeling like a dagger to the heart. "Goodbye, Kassandra." -- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46491317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464914/46491317_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35819846] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/358199/35819846_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Change (Kassandra and Syzine)

Kassandra reached out to clutch at Syzines claws, holding them in hers as she spoke franticically, words spilling from her mouth. "There is still time to change her mind! The skydancer within her is there, I know it is! I've seen it!"

"I'm sorry Kass, but she's too far gone. We have to do something before we lose anyone else." Syzine's voice was gentle as he said the words that Kassandra had heard in her visions so many times before, her heart pounding as tears welled in her eyes.  "Bevud thinks he could have a way to successfully kill her by the end of the Winter Solstice. You have until he is finished to turn her down the right path, else we will do what we must."

"Please, Syzine, that is not enough time!" Kassandra said, grip on him tightening as she leaned closer. "You must know this, you must know that I need to have more time!"

"It is not my decision to make." Syzine said firmly, pulling his claws away from her as he began to walk off in the direction of the Haven's home. "This is the only warning you get. Change her ways, or watch her die."

Kassandra let the tears she had been fighting back slip down her cheeks as all fight in her bones seemed to drain out, causing her to slump to the ground. She couldn't even get a word out as Syzine gave a mournful look back at her, voice that she once found comfort in feeling like a dagger to the heart.

"Goodbye, Kassandra."

--

46491317_350.png

35819846_350.png

[center][b]Feast (Limoius and Orsides) [/b][/center] [center]"Oh! Oh! Look at them down there, tearing eachother into pieces!" Limoius's eyes shimmered with glee from behind his helmet as he shifted from one bony foot to another, mouth spread wide into a wicked grin. He could hardly contain the excitement within him, clutching at his husbands arm. "Can't we go and join them? It seems like so much fun!" Orsides shook his head, gruff voice tinged with amusement as he saw Limoius deflate into a pout out of the corner of his eye. "Not yet, my dear, not yet. You must be patient. We will get our share of the fun soon enough." The scrawny mirror plopped down beside him with a huff, bones creaking as he settled down to stare longfully out at the battlescene below them. He let his claws hang haphazardly off the edge of the cliff they were standing upon, not scared of the possibility of falling at all- pain is pain, and even if it is inflicted upon himself, it's a delicious experience to endure in a mortal's body. "But it's not fun sitting around and waiting for the fights to be over so we can reap what is rightfully ours! Don't you miss the old days, when we could take and leave souls whenever we wanted? All of the famine and deadly plagues...the wonderful, wonderful torture..." Limoius couldn't help but lick his lips at the thought, scrabbling closer to the edge to peer down at the crowd below, swaying dangerously as he leaned. "It would be so easy!" Before he could make a lunge for it, Orsides had dug his claws into the fabric that hung loosely over Limoius'a frame and yanked him back, letting him tumble with a yelp. He chucked softly to himself as Limoius sulked back over to his side, glare quickly forgotten as Orsides used his claw to slice down his own arm, magma-like blood streaming down from the new wound before it closed up as quickly as it appeared, the only reminder of it ever having happened being a dull pain and the blood Limous had gathered in this claws. He drank it down as though he hadn't eaten in years- Which was no surprise, Orsides supposed. His mate's never-ending hunger for pain was one of the many factors he had found endearing about him. "You know our agreement with the others, Limoius. Wait for now, and later..." Limoius lifted his head, blood dribbling from the corner of his malicious smile as he finished his sentence. "We feast." -- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51446185] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514462/51446185_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52976578] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529766/52976578_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Feast (Limoius and Orsides)
"Oh! Oh! Look at them down there, tearing eachother into pieces!" Limoius's eyes shimmered with glee from behind his helmet as he shifted from one bony foot to another, mouth spread wide into a wicked grin. He could hardly contain the excitement within him, clutching at his husbands arm. "Can't we go and join them? It seems like so much fun!"

Orsides shook his head, gruff voice tinged with amusement as he saw Limoius deflate into a pout out of the corner of his eye. "Not yet, my dear, not yet. You must be patient. We will get our share of the fun soon enough."

The scrawny mirror plopped down beside him with a huff, bones creaking as he settled down to stare longfully out at the battlescene below them. He let his claws hang haphazardly off the edge of the cliff they were standing upon, not scared of the possibility of falling at all- pain is pain, and even if it is inflicted upon himself, it's a delicious experience to endure in a mortal's body. "But it's not fun sitting around and waiting for the fights to be over so we can reap what is rightfully ours! Don't you miss the old days, when we could take and leave souls whenever we wanted? All of the famine and deadly plagues...the wonderful, wonderful torture..."

Limoius couldn't help but lick his lips at the thought, scrabbling closer to the edge to peer down at the crowd below, swaying dangerously as he leaned. "It would be so easy!"

Before he could make a lunge for it, Orsides had dug his claws into the fabric that hung loosely over Limoius'a frame and yanked him back, letting him tumble with a yelp.
He chucked softly to himself as Limoius sulked back over to his side, glare quickly forgotten as Orsides used his claw to slice down his own arm, magma-like blood streaming down from the new wound before it closed up as quickly as it appeared, the only reminder of it ever having happened being a dull pain and the blood Limous had gathered in this claws. He drank it down as though he hadn't eaten in years- Which was no surprise, Orsides supposed. His mate's never-ending hunger for pain was one of the many factors he had found endearing about him.

"You know our agreement with the others, Limoius. Wait for now, and later..."

Limoius lifted his head, blood dribbling from the corner of his malicious smile as he finished his sentence.

"We feast."

--

51446185_350.png

52976578_350.png

[center][b]Prey (Akeldema and Hunter)[/b] A beat of silence passed over the field, the only sound being the wildclaw's wheezing breaths he forced in and out of his lungs. Akeldema inspected him from afar before letting a wide, toothy smile spread across her face, voice high and almost sweet-sounding as she spoke. "Hunter." She turned to look at her mate, whose eyes gleamed from under his hood. Crazed with the still-fresh excitement from the chase. At the mention of his name he turned toward his beloved, whole body tense, yet waiting for her command. Her gaze snapped back towards their prey. "Kill." With a howl of delight, the mirror lunged forward. -- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49372175] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493722/49372175_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49734025] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/497341/49734025_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Prey (Akeldema and Hunter)

A beat of silence passed over the field, the only sound being the wildclaw's wheezing breaths he forced in and out of his lungs.

Akeldema inspected him from afar before letting a wide, toothy smile spread across her face, voice high and almost sweet-sounding as she spoke.

"Hunter." She turned to look at her mate, whose eyes gleamed from under his hood. Crazed with the still-fresh excitement from the chase. At the mention of his name he turned toward his beloved, whole body tense, yet waiting for her command. Her gaze snapped back towards their prey. "Kill."

With a howl of delight, the mirror lunged forward.

--

49372175_350.png

49734025_350.png
[center][b]Flower (Miurne and Viona)[/b] You're staring again, my dear Miurne." The skydancer blinked as she was startled from her thoughts by the feeling of both Viona's amusement and her own embarrassment mixing together in the air. Warmth flooded her face as she met the wildclaw’s deep, intoxicating red gaze, trying her best to appear calm and collected as she spoke. "I apologize, Viona, it's just...Where I come from, you could be a dragon of royalty. A beautiful leader of which no other could reckon with, and yet... here you stay. A mere songbird trapped within a cage. I just don't understand how one worth so much could be valued so little." Viona let out a snort as Miurne finished speaking, a rather unlady-like sound, before looking out into the distance towards the candlelight of the cave entrance. "Royalty? Worth? Miurne, if only you could truly hear the words you speak. There is so much more to a dragon than the markings on their back and the lineage that brought them to be. I am no more worthy of praise than the dragon who sleeps two cages from me, or the self proclaimed Goddess of Chaos who keeps me here. And yet, here we are." “Here we are.” Miurne echoed quietly, bringing a hand up to graze against the cool metal bars separating her from Viona. With a sigh, she backed away from the cage, arms wrapping protectively around herself as she continued to speak. “Yet I still do not understand. Clearly who we are is what we are worth? I am a dancer of House Antares, and that gives me the fame to stand here with you today. You are a beauty, a talent that glows just as brightly as the moon, and…” Miurne let out a frustrated noise when she could not find the words to articulate what she meant, turning to find Viona watching her with a look one could call a mix of pity yet adoration. “My dear, you truly don't believe that your only worth comes from the house the brands you, do you?” She asked, and Miurne quickly looked away to avoid feeling the sadness that tinged her words. When she received no response, Viona sighed. “I pray I never meet your upbringers, as they truly have failed you.” Miurne turned to look at her as she continued speaking, her voice gentle, nothing more than a whisper in the breeze. “Our talents are part of us, yes, but they do not define us." Miurne cannot help the confusion that washes over her, brows knitting together as she thought over her words. "Then what does?" She asked. In one fluid motion, Viona reached up and pulled a gilded flower from the crown upon her head, cupping it between her hands. She holds it out through the gaps between the bars, her gaze expectant as Miurne approached, hesitantly. “Look at this flower, Miurne. What is its purpose?" She asked after a moment of silence,surprising the skydancer. What a silly question. "To decorate. To be pretty." She responded. What more would a flower be for? It had come from her crown, a piece of apparel that enhanced Viona’s natural beauty. It was nothing more. Viona shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "Ah, but before that, dear. What was its purpose before that?" "I...would assume it would be to grow, Viona.” Miurne said slowly, thinking carefully about each word that she said. “To live. It would want to be…” “More than what you perceive it to be?” Viona finished, startling Miurne as she stole the words right out of her mouth. “From a glance you may see nothing but a pretty flower, but behind it there is so much more. What you see does not define what it may one day be." Before Miurne could move to stop her, Viona crushed the flower between her claws. When she opened them, bright glowing embers rose from where the flower once laid. Miurne watched in wonder as they floated between the bars, hovering beside her for a moment before going off toward the entrance to the cave, out to the dark land just outside. “You are more than what you think, Miurne .” The wildclaw said softly as Miurne turned back to look at her, the sincerity in her voice causing her heart to skip a beat. Her eyes had a million words behind them, yet she only said a few “You can be who you want to be.” Tears flooded Miurne's eyes as the true meaning of her words hit her, and she looked away. “No,” She whispered, words thick with her tears, “I can’t. I’m sorry, Viona.” Before the wildclaw could even respond, Miurne fled into the dark night of Melastrom, off to spend her night alone. The way she was always doomed to be. -- [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54427325] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544274/54427325_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53932248] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/539323/53932248_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Flower (Miurne and Viona)
You're staring again, my dear Miurne."

The skydancer blinked as she was startled from her thoughts by the feeling of both Viona's amusement and her own embarrassment mixing together in the air. Warmth flooded her face as she met the wildclaw’s deep, intoxicating red gaze, trying her best to appear calm and collected as she spoke. "I apologize, Viona, it's just...Where I come from, you could be a dragon of royalty. A beautiful leader of which no other could reckon with, and yet... here you stay. A mere songbird trapped within a cage. I just don't understand how one worth so much could be valued so little."

Viona let out a snort as Miurne finished speaking, a rather unlady-like sound, before looking out into the distance towards the candlelight of the cave entrance. "Royalty? Worth? Miurne, if only you could truly hear the words you speak. There is so much more to a dragon than the markings on their back and the lineage that brought them to be. I am no more worthy of praise than the dragon who sleeps two cages from me, or the self proclaimed Goddess of Chaos who keeps me here. And yet, here we are."

“Here we are.” Miurne echoed quietly, bringing a hand up to graze against the cool metal bars separating her from Viona. With a sigh, she backed away from the cage, arms wrapping protectively around herself as she continued to speak. “Yet I still do not understand. Clearly who we are is what we are worth? I am a dancer of House Antares, and that gives me the fame to stand here with you today. You are a beauty, a talent that glows just as brightly as the moon, and…” Miurne let out a frustrated noise when she could not find the words to articulate what she meant, turning to find Viona watching her with a look one could call a mix of pity yet adoration.

“My dear, you truly don't believe that your only worth comes from the house the brands you, do you?” She asked, and Miurne quickly looked away to avoid feeling the sadness that tinged her words. When she received no response, Viona sighed. “I pray I never meet your upbringers, as they truly have failed you.” Miurne turned to look at her as she continued speaking, her voice gentle, nothing more than a whisper in the breeze. “Our talents are part of us, yes, but they do not define us."

Miurne cannot help the confusion that washes over her, brows knitting together as she thought over her words. "Then what does?" She asked.

In one fluid motion, Viona reached up and pulled a gilded flower from the crown upon her head, cupping it between her hands. She holds it out through the gaps between the bars, her gaze expectant as Miurne approached, hesitantly.

“Look at this flower, Miurne. What is its purpose?" She asked after a moment of silence,surprising the skydancer. What a silly question.

"To decorate. To be pretty." She responded. What more would a flower be for? It had come from her crown, a piece of apparel that enhanced Viona’s natural beauty. It was nothing more.

Viona shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "Ah, but before that, dear. What was its purpose before that?"

"I...would assume it would be to grow, Viona.” Miurne said slowly, thinking carefully about each word that she said. “To live. It would want to be…”

“More than what you perceive it to be?” Viona finished, startling Miurne as she stole the words right out of her mouth. “From a glance you may see nothing but a pretty flower, but behind it there is so much more. What you see does not define what it may one day be."

Before Miurne could move to stop her, Viona crushed the flower between her claws. When she opened them, bright glowing embers rose from where the flower once laid. Miurne watched in wonder as they floated between the bars, hovering beside her for a moment before going off toward the entrance to the cave, out to the dark land just outside.

“You are more than what you think, Miurne .” The wildclaw said softly as Miurne turned back to look at her, the sincerity in her voice causing her heart to skip a beat. Her eyes had a million words behind them, yet she only said a few “You can be who you want to be.”

Tears flooded Miurne's eyes as the true meaning of her words hit her, and she looked away. “No,” She whispered, words thick with her tears, “I can’t. I’m sorry, Viona.”

Before the wildclaw could even respond, Miurne fled into the dark night of Melastrom, off to spend her night alone.

The way she was always doomed to be.

--

54427325_350.png

53932248_350.png
[center][b]Revenge (Ouija and Cynthia)[/b] He could feel her presence manifest beside him without even looking back, glossy eyes filled with unshed tears fixated on the stars above him. Her raspy voice came from beside him, breath that should be warm feeling cold against the nape of his neck. "It is time." Ouija didn't respond immediately, instead continuing to look up at the night sky as he relished in the gentle breeze. Up here, he felt so much closer to the celestial bodies watching over them. He could almost imagine the warmth they offered on his skin. Arcanist above, how he missed that feeling. It was a shame his body could no longer handle the heat the sun offered. "It is a beautiful night, isn't it, Cynthia?" He asked after a while, finally turning to meet her gaze. "...It is." His sister rumbled after a moment, thick black goo dribbling down the side of her chin and landing in a puddle that had began to appear on the stone. "It is a shame we can not enjoy it much longer. We have work to do. We must have revenge." "Killing her will not relieve your grief, sister." Ouija said, closing his eyes as he braced himself for what he knew was to come. He felt her cold claws rest against his shoulder, gentle, yet still a burning reminder of all that they had lost. "We can move on. You can move on, Cynthia. We have a home. We can start over." "You know I cannot do that, brother." Was her response, the sorrow infused with her words catching him by surprise. "I wish I could, but she must be stopped. Noel must die for me to be at peace." Her touch melted into his skin as he was pushed to the back of his mind, forced to watch his wings unfurl as he leapt off of the ledge and into the sky. "If we must." --- [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44291130] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/442912/44291130_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center]
Revenge (Ouija and Cynthia)

He could feel her presence manifest beside him without even looking back, glossy eyes filled with unshed tears fixated on the stars above him. Her raspy voice came from beside him, breath that should be warm feeling cold against the nape of his neck.

"It is time."

Ouija didn't respond immediately, instead continuing to look up at the night sky as he relished in the gentle breeze. Up here, he felt so much closer to the celestial bodies watching over them. He could almost imagine the warmth they offered on his skin. Arcanist above, how he missed that feeling. It was a shame his body could no longer handle the heat the sun offered.

"It is a beautiful night, isn't it, Cynthia?" He asked after a while, finally turning to meet her gaze.

"...It is." His sister rumbled after a moment, thick black goo dribbling down the side of her chin and landing in a puddle that had began to appear on the stone. "It is a shame we can not enjoy it much longer. We have work to do. We must have revenge."

"Killing her will not relieve your grief, sister." Ouija said, closing his eyes as he braced himself for what he knew was to come. He felt her cold claws rest against his shoulder, gentle, yet still a burning reminder of all that they had lost. "We can move on. You can move on, Cynthia. We have a home. We can start over."

"You know I cannot do that, brother." Was her response, the sorrow infused with her words catching him by surprise. "I wish I could, but she must be stopped. Noel must die for me to be at peace."

Her touch melted into his skin as he was pushed to the back of his mind, forced to watch his wings unfurl as he leapt off of the ledge and into the sky.

"If we must."

---

44291130_350.png
1 2