Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | JOTWL [Pinkerlocke story]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Journey of the Wandering Lanterns
a Pinkerlocke Story

Dragons:

Causality Victims:
The links broke, I can only offer their names. sorry.
Rah, Enyo, Carmilla, Yuuji, Tyberion, Bladefist, Shrike, Hemlock
Pinglist: @DireRaven @Companionwolf @Troubleinsevens @Toastythief @SmolSlasherSoul @Sadiegreen @jr413 @aceofshades @aquaticfeline @StarSpeckledInk @Violeteevee @VOiCEBOX @Dragonaxew
Journey of the Wandering Lanterns
a Pinkerlocke Story

Dragons:

Causality Victims:
The links broke, I can only offer their names. sorry.
Rah, Enyo, Carmilla, Yuuji, Tyberion, Bladefist, Shrike, Hemlock
Pinglist: @DireRaven @Companionwolf @Troubleinsevens @Toastythief @SmolSlasherSoul @Sadiegreen @jr413 @aceofshades @aquaticfeline @StarSpeckledInk @Violeteevee @VOiCEBOX @Dragonaxew
Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum: that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.
Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Special Rules:
1. Level 1 dragons get a 5 death pass.
2. When a dragon levels up, I will pause to level up said dragon (unless it is a death streak).

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!
Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.
Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Gaoler
15. Banescale
Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.
Battle items: o h n o

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.
Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum: that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.
Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Special Rules:
1. Level 1 dragons get a 5 death pass.
2. When a dragon levels up, I will pause to level up said dragon (unless it is a death streak).

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!
Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.
Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Gaoler
15. Banescale
Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.
Battle items: o h n o

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.
[Center]Day 3: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/16459.png[/img] Coli day! Only 15 battles, and everyone survived! Enyo took a few hits, but they all emerged victorious and Rah leveled up to level 5! @Troubleinsevens
Day 3: 16459.png

Coli day! Only 15 battles, and everyone survived! Enyo took a few hits, but they all emerged victorious and Rah leveled up to level 5!

@Troubleinsevens
@RedSiren

Yay! Level 5 :D That's excellent!
@RedSiren

Yay! Level 5 :D That's excellent!
shaowed_sanctuary_family_button_small.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
[Center]Day 4: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/5915.png[/img][/center] [B]Chapter 1: A Crossing of Paths[/b] The Oculi Forest: a deep, brooding forest filled with strange monsters, unique landscapes and landmarks, and terrifying secrets. A Party of three Dragons have found their way to the edge of the forest, all with different treasures to search for. "I'm sure we'll all find our treasures, and get out of the forest ASAP." the tall Imperial said. "And exactly how quickly will we [I]find[/I] our treasures? This forest stretches for [b]miles."[/b] The Spiral groaned, flicking her tail. "It is uncertain how much time will be spent here, or how many wounds we will take, but as long as we have an idea of what to do, we will be ok." the Guardian said. And with that, the dragons have set foot into the forest, unaware of the dangers lie hidden within. @Troubleinsevens
Day 4: 5915.png

Chapter 1: A Crossing of Paths

The Oculi Forest: a deep, brooding forest filled with strange monsters, unique landscapes and landmarks, and terrifying secrets. A Party of three Dragons have found their way to the edge of the forest, all with different treasures to search for.

"I'm sure we'll all find our treasures, and get out of the forest ASAP." the tall Imperial said. "And exactly how quickly will we find our treasures? This forest stretches for miles." The Spiral groaned, flicking her tail. "It is uncertain how much time will be spent here, or how many wounds we will take, but as long as we have an idea of what to do, we will be ok." the Guardian said.

And with that, the dragons have set foot into the forest, unaware of the dangers lie hidden within.

@Troubleinsevens
[Center]Day 5: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/1673.png[/img] You all know what that means! A new Friend! Meet Yuuji! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34279956] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/342800/34279956_350.png[/img] [/url] @Troubleinsevens
Day 5: 1673.png

You all know what that means! A new Friend!
Meet Yuuji!

34279956_350.png

@Troubleinsevens
@RedSiren

gosh look at that lovely girl! Is she xxy?
@RedSiren

gosh look at that lovely girl! Is she xxy?
@Troubleinsevens she is an xxx!
@Troubleinsevens she is an xxx!
@RedSiren

Wow what a catch!
@RedSiren

Wow what a catch!
[Center]Day 6:[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/1164.png[/img] See, I am not much of an artist so to say, but I [I]can[/I] offer small tidbits about each dragon, like what's in their inventory, aesthetic images, dragon bios, theme songs, etc. Today, I will offer a theme song Carmilla's theme song: Mix N Blend & Narch - I Got... (Beats Antique Remix) @Troubleinsevens
Day 6:1164.png

See, I am not much of an artist so to say, but I can offer small tidbits about each dragon, like what's in their inventory, aesthetic images, dragon bios, theme songs, etc.

Today, I will offer a theme song

Carmilla's theme song: Mix N Blend & Narch - I Got... (Beats Antique Remix)

@Troubleinsevens
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13