Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 33 34
I ship them <3
I ship them <3
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge me too, their banter is so fun!
@Drachenschwinge me too, their banter is so fun!
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 45[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]107[/b] [s]New Dragon[/s][/size][/font] ...Wow. So Gaolers, huh? Reading about them was kind of jarring. I mean, born in the Icefields, specifically the Fortress of Ends, living in subterranean icy chambers, guarding frosty prisons... A lot of this overlaps with my lore for this whole story, including more bits I can't mention here because they are yet to come up. I honestly don't know how to feel about it all. Oh, well. I still say we don't have the space to introduce another dragon atm, and I've been travelling all day today and am too tired to write a lore update. Apologies, but let's hope tomorrow is a bit more exciting! [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn [/center]
Day 45

New Dragon

...Wow. So Gaolers, huh?

Reading about them was kind of jarring. I mean, born in the Icefields, specifically the Fortress of Ends, living in subterranean icy chambers, guarding frosty prisons... A lot of this overlaps with my lore for this whole story, including more bits I can't mention here because they are yet to come up. I honestly don't know how to feel about it all.

Oh, well. I still say we don't have the space to introduce another dragon atm, and I've been travelling all day today and am too tired to write a lore update. Apologies, but let's hope tomorrow is a bit more exciting!

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 46[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]122[/b] [s]New Dragon[/s][/size][/font] Here's the last art catch-up, this time of Rin: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572825591825301530/587295528182611978/rinrin.png[/img] What can these little hands do to help..? [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51377731] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51377731&skin=0&apparel=3287,20605,17912,23724,23721&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left]I am starting to realise the things I can do are not enough. I thought if I can heal, I can help to keep everyone safe. I thought if I learn to fight, I can help to protect everyone. But this time I didn't fight or heal, and dragons died. And when they die, I can't help any more. I don't know what to do. Is it possible to help the dead? I think I cannot reach them. All I can do is try to help the ones left behind, but I can't heal the kinds of wounds caused by hurt in the heart. And that means that I can't do anything. I can only watch, and promise to try harder next time. Help dragons [i]before[/i] they die. In the home, it is always quiet now. The hatchlings used to argue and play, but now they go to sleep without a word. Aster doesn't sleep in the nest any more, but on her own away from us all. Sometimes I look at Moroz and hope she will say something, because she is wise and knows many things, but she never does so. She too goes to sleep quietly, and so I do the same. To be honest, I miss Aleksei. They were brave and they fought well, and I felt safe with them around. But now that we lost a strong dragon like them, how can someone like me hope to do anything for the others? I am not brave or strong. I am not clever or smart. I can only help [i]after[/i] bad things happen, and I think that is not enough. One morning, I am getting ready to leave the cave. Everyone else is gone, and I am cleaning up the nests. I throw out old and unusable sticks and feathers, and think maybe I should go find more. Then I hear someone come in, and I look. It is Bronte. She has gotten bigger recently, and the look in her eyes makes her look older than she is. It reminds me of Moroz. "Mornings," I say. She nods, and that's it. She is looking at the ground, and I think she wants something. I wait, but she stays quiet. I know what it's like to not be able to say things well, so I try to help. "Bronte okays? Needing, Rin?" Bronte opens her mouth, then closes it. But I am patient, so I keep waiting. Then she says: "Yes." I smile and nod. It takes more time, but Bronte speaks again. "Please... Teach me magic." I stop smiling. The things she said, I must have heard wrong. What can I do for her? It is not me who is the best at magic in the Clan. I tell her: "Bronte. Asking Moroz. Moroz, teaching Bronte. Rin... Not good." Bronte shakes her head. "No, I need it to be you." I see she wants to say more, so I wait. "I want to learn how to heal." Her voice is quiet, but it is not weak. It is strong and determined. I think this is the most I have heard her say, and I am very surprised. "Bronte... Rin teaching?" I ask, because I want to be sure. "Please," Bronte says, and then it is my turn to be silent. I don't know what to say. I have never thought I can teach someone anything. I am not smart like Moroz, or strong like Asher. They are good at teaching, but Bronte is asking for [i]me[/i]. But I can see Bronte wants this. She thinks I can teach her. If I can teach her what I know, then I can help her. And I want to be helping, very much. So I nod. "Okays," I say. "Rin teaches Bronte. Helping." Bronte smiles. I don't think I have seen her smile before. I smile too, and say: "Starting. Today!"[/left] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn [/center]
Day 46

New Dragon

Here's the last art catch-up, this time of Rin:

rinrin.png

What can these little hands do to help..?
tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png

I am starting to realise the things I can do are not enough.

I thought if I can heal, I can help to keep everyone safe. I thought if I learn to fight, I can help to protect everyone.

But this time I didn't fight or heal, and dragons died. And when they die, I can't help any more.

I don't know what to do. Is it possible to help the dead? I think I cannot reach them. All I can do is try to help the ones left behind, but I can't heal the kinds of wounds caused by hurt in the heart.

And that means that I can't do anything. I can only watch, and promise to try harder next time. Help dragons before they die.

In the home, it is always quiet now. The hatchlings used to argue and play, but now they go to sleep without a word. Aster doesn't sleep in the nest any more, but on her own away from us all. Sometimes I look at Moroz and hope she will say something, because she is wise and knows many things, but she never does so. She too goes to sleep quietly, and so I do the same.

To be honest, I miss Aleksei. They were brave and they fought well, and I felt safe with them around. But now that we lost a strong dragon like them, how can someone like me hope to do anything for the others? I am not brave or strong. I am not clever or smart. I can only help after bad things happen, and I think that is not enough.

One morning, I am getting ready to leave the cave. Everyone else is gone, and I am cleaning up the nests. I throw out old and unusable sticks and feathers, and think maybe I should go find more.

Then I hear someone come in, and I look.

It is Bronte. She has gotten bigger recently, and the look in her eyes makes her look older than she is. It reminds me of Moroz.

"Mornings," I say.

She nods, and that's it. She is looking at the ground, and I think she wants something. I wait, but she stays quiet.

I know what it's like to not be able to say things well, so I try to help. "Bronte okays? Needing, Rin?"

Bronte opens her mouth, then closes it. But I am patient, so I keep waiting. Then she says: "Yes."

I smile and nod. It takes more time, but Bronte speaks again.

"Please... Teach me magic."

I stop smiling. The things she said, I must have heard wrong. What can I do for her? It is not me who is the best at magic in the Clan.

I tell her: "Bronte. Asking Moroz. Moroz, teaching Bronte. Rin... Not good."

Bronte shakes her head. "No, I need it to be you." I see she wants to say more, so I wait. "I want to learn how to heal."

Her voice is quiet, but it is not weak. It is strong and determined. I think this is the most I have heard her say, and I am very surprised.

"Bronte... Rin teaching?" I ask, because I want to be sure.

"Please," Bronte says, and then it is my turn to be silent.

I don't know what to say. I have never thought I can teach someone anything. I am not smart like Moroz, or strong like Asher. They are good at teaching, but Bronte is asking for me.

But I can see Bronte wants this. She thinks I can teach her. If I can teach her what I know, then I can help her. And I want to be helping, very much.

So I nod. "Okays," I say. "Rin teaches Bronte. Helping."

Bronte smiles. I don't think I have seen her smile before. I smile too, and say: "Starting. Today!"

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
Oh man, that's so cute. <3
Oh man, that's so cute. <3
tumblr_oeya4pyPlt1uw70xko2_r1_250.png Reedsong Hatchery
Ruin or Rise [Nuzlocke]
Willing and Able [Pinkerlocke]
@Rebbawskaced thank you!! <3
@Rebbawskaced thank you!! <3

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 47[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]71[/b] Lore[/size][/font] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] Her regrets were countless. The should-haves echoed in her mind. The if-onlys pointed at her guilt. But for all of that, Spindle knew none of these thoughts would help to fix anything. She spent the past week going about her duties on autopilot, her heart absent. She'd hardly spoken to anyone, and avoided Aster - she could hardly look at her daughter, without seeing her son's reflection looking back at her. One time Spindle found herself spacing out during a time she should've been hunting, and Asher's voice woke her from the reverie. "Spindle, you can't keep going like this." Spindle looked at him with a grimace. She knew that. But as always, knowing didn't always make it easier. When she said nothing, Asher asked: "You're not blaming yourself, are you?" Spindle huffed. "And who else is there to blame, Asher? My son is dead because I let him and his sister out when I shouldn't have." Asher shook his head. "Don't even tell me you're thinking about keeping your kids in the cave again." Spindle shrugged. It was an option. Ridiculous, yes, but her desperation to keep her last child safe was clouding her judgement. "Listen. You know I've been training my kids. Let Aster come along. It'd be good for her." Would it? Spindle felt like she didn't understand her daughter at all. She didn't even know what Aster had been doing for the past week - all she knew was that her daughter didn't try crossing their borders a second time, and that was enough for her. "Spindle," Asher said with a frown, standing in front of her. "Talk to me." "Right. Yes, please train Aster," Spindle said mechanically. She at least still trusted Asher's ability to keep the hatchlings safe. "Fine... But you should help out," Asher decided. "What?" "You haven't been the most diligent in your work lately," Asher pointed out. "I think you need a break, but we all know we can't afford to have you do nothing. So at least help me train the kids. And yes, that includes your other three." Her other three... Spindle hadn't been checking up on her adoptive hatchlings, either. What a terrible mother she made. "Spindle?" "...Yes, fine, I'll help," Spindle agreed. Asher could tell her heart still wasn't into it, and decided to ask what other dragons might not dare. "Have you spoken about Cedar to anyone?" Spindle looked away. "No." "Then you should," the Nocturne said. "I know it hurts, but don't avoid it." Spindle smiled lightly. This whole conversation was blunt, but not unkind - so like Asher. Still, what was there to say? She didn't want to spew her guilt-ridden thoughts, or even talk about her grief, preferring to keep such things to herself. "The mechanical things," Asher said, surprising her. "I've never seen them. I've heard rumours, but I assumed they were false. But an entire herd of them, a few hours from our lands? That's not something we should ignore." The Mirror found herself nodding slowly. She'd been so busy with mourning, she hadn't even thought to question the circumstances of Cedar's and Aleksei's deaths. It all sounded incredibly dangerous, and nobody had ever mentioned anything mechanical down in these lands. Where had these things come from? Once she started thinking about it, Spindle's mind began buzzing with activity again. It felt... nice, to have something new to focus on. "You're right," she said eventually. "We need to find out more. Maybe we can ask Moroz." "Grand. I've been waiting for a time when we get to ask her some things," Asher said in turn. Spindle frowned. "What do you mean?" "It's always the same tale, Spindle. Don't stray from here, or bad things will happen. Have you not wondered why?" Asher asked with a serious expression. "[i]Why[/i] is this very area so safe? It has bothered me from the start, but I did not wish to prod." Spindle wondered about it for a while. She did think there were things Moroz was avoiding telling them, but... "Then tell me something," she said slowly. "Are such attacks unusual, or commonplace?" Asher nodded. "Common. Maybe not by mechanicals, sure, but there's a reason there's so few dragons alive down here. I've lived here for years, and while it's true you may not experience an attack every single day, I'd hardly gone a week without at least some threat showing itself before. Until I started living with you." Spindle was silent for a while. Clearly, something was up. And while she didn't think Moroz had bad intentions, Spindle thought they all deserved some answers. She herself was tired of not knowing their own stakes down here - and the costs of that were evidently grave. "Alright," she said, getting to her feet. "Let's hold a meeting tonight, then. I'll get everyone to the house, since there's more space there, if you don't mind." "Sure," Asher replied. He gave Spindle a hard look. "But for now, it'd be helpful if you started to focus. We'll hunt nothing but air at this rate." Spindle chuckled, but nodded. "I know. Sorry. I'll try." They restarted their efforts, but nevertheless Spindle's thoughts strayed again. This time not to the endless mourning, but to all the questions that plagued her in the back of her mind all this time, that she never dared to ask. Perhaps soon, they'd all be getting some answers. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn I am hoping to get some background lore for the story out soon, and so I may pause in rolling for a few days in order to post it. I know I could post it all at once, but it'd be really long and inconvenient, so I think it'd be best to break it up over a few days. That way we have more room for other interesting stuff happening later once we resume rolling! [/center]
Day 47

Lore

Her regrets were countless. The should-haves echoed in her mind. The if-onlys pointed at her guilt.

But for all of that, Spindle knew none of these thoughts would help to fix anything.

She spent the past week going about her duties on autopilot, her heart absent. She'd hardly spoken to anyone, and avoided Aster - she could hardly look at her daughter, without seeing her son's reflection looking back at her.

One time Spindle found herself spacing out during a time she should've been hunting, and Asher's voice woke her from the reverie.

"Spindle, you can't keep going like this."

Spindle looked at him with a grimace. She knew that. But as always, knowing didn't always make it easier.

When she said nothing, Asher asked: "You're not blaming yourself, are you?"

Spindle huffed. "And who else is there to blame, Asher? My son is dead because I let him and his sister out when I shouldn't have."

Asher shook his head. "Don't even tell me you're thinking about keeping your kids in the cave again."

Spindle shrugged. It was an option. Ridiculous, yes, but her desperation to keep her last child safe was clouding her judgement.

"Listen. You know I've been training my kids. Let Aster come along. It'd be good for her."

Would it? Spindle felt like she didn't understand her daughter at all. She didn't even know what Aster had been doing for the past week - all she knew was that her daughter didn't try crossing their borders a second time, and that was enough for her.

"Spindle," Asher said with a frown, standing in front of her. "Talk to me."

"Right. Yes, please train Aster," Spindle said mechanically. She at least still trusted Asher's ability to keep the hatchlings safe.

"Fine... But you should help out," Asher decided.

"What?"

"You haven't been the most diligent in your work lately," Asher pointed out. "I think you need a break, but we all know we can't afford to have you do nothing. So at least help me train the kids. And yes, that includes your other three."

Her other three... Spindle hadn't been checking up on her adoptive hatchlings, either. What a terrible mother she made.

"Spindle?"

"...Yes, fine, I'll help," Spindle agreed.

Asher could tell her heart still wasn't into it, and decided to ask what other dragons might not dare. "Have you spoken about Cedar to anyone?"

Spindle looked away. "No."

"Then you should," the Nocturne said. "I know it hurts, but don't avoid it."

Spindle smiled lightly. This whole conversation was blunt, but not unkind - so like Asher. Still, what was there to say? She didn't want to spew her guilt-ridden thoughts, or even talk about her grief, preferring to keep such things to herself.

"The mechanical things," Asher said, surprising her. "I've never seen them. I've heard rumours, but I assumed they were false. But an entire herd of them, a few hours from our lands? That's not something we should ignore."

The Mirror found herself nodding slowly. She'd been so busy with mourning, she hadn't even thought to question the circumstances of Cedar's and Aleksei's deaths. It all sounded incredibly dangerous, and nobody had ever mentioned anything mechanical down in these lands. Where had these things come from?

Once she started thinking about it, Spindle's mind began buzzing with activity again. It felt... nice, to have something new to focus on.

"You're right," she said eventually. "We need to find out more. Maybe we can ask Moroz."

"Grand. I've been waiting for a time when we get to ask her some things," Asher said in turn.

Spindle frowned. "What do you mean?"

"It's always the same tale, Spindle. Don't stray from here, or bad things will happen. Have you not wondered why?" Asher asked with a serious expression. "Why is this very area so safe? It has bothered me from the start, but I did not wish to prod."

Spindle wondered about it for a while. She did think there were things Moroz was avoiding telling them, but...

"Then tell me something," she said slowly. "Are such attacks unusual, or commonplace?"

Asher nodded. "Common. Maybe not by mechanicals, sure, but there's a reason there's so few dragons alive down here. I've lived here for years, and while it's true you may not experience an attack every single day, I'd hardly gone a week without at least some threat showing itself before. Until I started living with you."

Spindle was silent for a while. Clearly, something was up. And while she didn't think Moroz had bad intentions, Spindle thought they all deserved some answers. She herself was tired of not knowing their own stakes down here - and the costs of that were evidently grave.

"Alright," she said, getting to her feet. "Let's hold a meeting tonight, then. I'll get everyone to the house, since there's more space there, if you don't mind."

"Sure," Asher replied. He gave Spindle a hard look. "But for now, it'd be helpful if you started to focus. We'll hunt nothing but air at this rate."

Spindle chuckled, but nodded. "I know. Sorry. I'll try."

They restarted their efforts, but nevertheless Spindle's thoughts strayed again. This time not to the endless mourning, but to all the questions that plagued her in the back of her mind all this time, that she never dared to ask. Perhaps soon, they'd all be getting some answers.

@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn

I am hoping to get some background lore for the story out soon, and so I may pause in rolling for a few days in order to post it. I know I could post it all at once, but it'd be really long and inconvenient, so I think it'd be best to break it up over a few days. That way we have more room for other interesting stuff happening later once we resume rolling!

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri hi there! sorry for the ping, i stumbled across your rollocke and was wondering if i could get added to the ping list? i'm in too deep after reading up until the current point haha. poor cedar </3
@demitri hi there! sorry for the ping, i stumbled across your rollocke and was wondering if i could get added to the ping list? i'm in too deep after reading up until the current point haha. poor cedar </3
_____ qFCn0sw.png

__________ Canis | FR +3 | she/her __________
the wilds! the wilds! can you hear? they call to me!

__________________________________wishlist ,
KGIsXfL.png _____
@windhound of course!! thank you for your interest and i'm sorry haha </3
@windhound of course!! thank you for your interest and i'm sorry haha </3

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn @windhound [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572825591825301530/623043068194717697/11111.png[/img] uhh can i get a WHOOPSIE up in here just pinging ya'll to let you know i'm still alive!!! i've moved to japan since you've last seen me so things have been hectic to say the least! i apologise for vanishing like that, and i can't make any promises rn bc my uni classes will be starting soon and i might get super busy, but i still love this story and have lots of ideas for it, so i do want to finish it up some day! it might just take longer, and daily updates will likely not happen, at least not for a while. anyway i just wanna say, thank you for your interest in this little thing i've written up here and if any of you want to get taken off the pinglist after such a huge break, i totally understand! otherwise ty for sticking around and i hope we can see things through to the end :D[/center]
@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1
@Everburn @windhound

11111.png

uhh can i get a WHOOPSIE up in here

just pinging ya'll to let you know i'm still alive!!! i've moved to japan since you've last seen me so things have been hectic to say the least!

i apologise for vanishing like that, and i can't make any promises rn bc my uni classes will be starting soon and i might get super busy, but i still love this story and have lots of ideas for it, so i do want to finish it up some day! it might just take longer, and daily updates will likely not happen, at least not for a while.

anyway i just wanna say, thank you for your interest in this little thing i've written up here and if any of you want to get taken off the pinglist after such a huge break, i totally understand! otherwise ty for sticking around and i hope we can see things through to the end :D

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 33 34