Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | MJ 2019 KITE CONTEST! [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm not sure if you got my entry or not?
I'm not sure if you got my entry or not?
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
@XxNoodleNovaxX dont worry we got it! :D
@XxNoodleNovaxX dont worry we got it! :D
pixel_bonzai_by_sugarthemis-d3gn39e.gif_next__button_pixel_by_blackrabbit_25-d5tq8gw.giffree_bouncy_moltres_icon_by_kattling-d5r5x9a.gifemotion_is_life_by_sugarthemis-d35049y.gifpixel_bonzai_by_sugarthemis-d3gn3js.gif
@CluelessCat

Alright, turns out I was able to make the felt kite! It just... didn't turn out terribly well. XD But now I've earned the participation badge so that's good enough for me.

Although, kinda unrelated, is there some way to make the entries on the blog publicly visible? It sounds like other people have already submitted entries but the only post I see is the text one saying the contest is open. It'd be nice to look at all the pretty kite designs people have done.
@CluelessCat

Alright, turns out I was able to make the felt kite! It just... didn't turn out terribly well. XD But now I've earned the participation badge so that's good enough for me.

Although, kinda unrelated, is there some way to make the entries on the blog publicly visible? It sounds like other people have already submitted entries but the only post I see is the text one saying the contest is open. It'd be nice to look at all the pretty kite designs people have done.
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
@WanderingTurtle I plan to post all the kites after the contest is over, in case people don't wanna share theirs. If you'd like to show off your kite though please feel free to post it here! ^^
@WanderingTurtle I plan to post all the kites after the contest is over, in case people don't wanna share theirs. If you'd like to show off your kite though please feel free to post it here! ^^
pixel_bonzai_by_sugarthemis-d3gn39e.gif_next__button_pixel_by_blackrabbit_25-d5tq8gw.giffree_bouncy_moltres_icon_by_kattling-d5r5x9a.gifemotion_is_life_by_sugarthemis-d35049y.gifpixel_bonzai_by_sugarthemis-d3gn3js.gif
@CluelessCat

Ah, okay. I look forward to that post, then!

And heck, may as well go ahead and link mine here, in case others are curious about my attempt at a felt kite. :P
@CluelessCat

Ah, okay. I look forward to that post, then!

And heck, may as well go ahead and link mine here, in case others are curious about my attempt at a felt kite. :P
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/D2tbJYR.png[/img][/center] Here's my first (maybe only) entry! Done with colored pencils, some pens, and gold paint (which is much shinier in person!) This kite is for the feeling of the warm sun through a cool spring breeze!
D2tbJYR.png

Here's my first (maybe only) entry!

Done with colored pencils, some pens, and gold paint (which is much shinier in person!)

This kite is for the feeling of the warm sun through a cool spring breeze!
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
@CluelessCat

Alright, I know I already submitted an entry for the diamond kite template, but my internet cut out for a while yesterday and I was bored so since that was the only one I already had printed out I decided to color it anyway. If we can only have one entry per category just ignore this second one, though. (Also gonna drop its link here just because.)

If I have time I might color one or two more templates, but we'll see.
@CluelessCat

Alright, I know I already submitted an entry for the diamond kite template, but my internet cut out for a while yesterday and I was bored so since that was the only one I already had printed out I decided to color it anyway. If we can only have one entry per category just ignore this second one, though. (Also gonna drop its link here just because.)

If I have time I might color one or two more templates, but we'll see.
@WanderingTurtle there's no limit on entries! It's just that you can only win once. Feel free to enter as many times as you want. This kite looks great btw!
@WanderingTurtle there's no limit on entries! It's just that you can only win once. Feel free to enter as many times as you want. This kite looks great btw!
Here's my entry! :) I had really enjoyed colouring this in. I might come back and colour the Skydancer kite too, that one looks like fun! [img]https://imgur.com/4B3uqj6.png[/img] Thanks for running the event. Looking forward to seeing other people's versions too! @CluelessCat I realised right after I hit submit on the blog that I'd uploaded the wrong file - my actual entry looks like the pic above (colours corrected from the original photo!). I've re-submitted, so please can you ignore my first entry? :)
Here's my entry! :) I had really enjoyed colouring this in. I might come back and colour the Skydancer kite too, that one looks like fun!

4B3uqj6.png

Thanks for running the event. Looking forward to seeing other people's versions too!

@CluelessCat I realised right after I hit submit on the blog that I'd uploaded the wrong file - my actual entry looks like the pic above (colours corrected from the original photo!). I've re-submitted, so please can you ignore my first entry? :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
I've been running around like crazy this week, so I unfortunately didn't have time to double check if the effects I put on my kite (glowing interior) violate the rules.
If my kite does break the rules, don't worry about it; I had a lot of fun designing it and I appreciate that you put this contest together!
I've been running around like crazy this week, so I unfortunately didn't have time to double check if the effects I put on my kite (glowing interior) violate the rules.
If my kite does break the rules, don't worry about it; I had a lot of fun designing it and I appreciate that you put this contest together!
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
1 2 3 4 5 6