Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of March
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Egwu

thank you, my baby boy Shrokhan does deserve better.
@Egwu

thank you, my baby boy Shrokhan does deserve better.
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
It's already March? Damn...
I did managed to write the first bit of my novel's reboot...though it's probably the part that will be on the cutting room floor when editing comes around. But oh well.

I'm thinking of changing a few things though anyways, so even if it does stay in, it has to be edited heavily.

This month I'm going to try and write the characters back story. Not really for the novel, but at least it'll help give them more of a fleshed out feel. I've got their backstories in my head, one had been written out, but needs more to it, but I figured I should do it for all of them.
It's already March? Damn...
I did managed to write the first bit of my novel's reboot...though it's probably the part that will be on the cutting room floor when editing comes around. But oh well.

I'm thinking of changing a few things though anyways, so even if it does stay in, it has to be edited heavily.

This month I'm going to try and write the characters back story. Not really for the novel, but at least it'll help give them more of a fleshed out feel. I've got their backstories in my head, one had been written out, but needs more to it, but I figured I should do it for all of them.
axOkNaR.png
ZNhRsiG.png
Aaaah, @micahjaguar I have several that I couldn't bear to exhalt...! I am also not on FR as much lately for Life reasons, but here's what I have right now, and they're all on auction! They have some not-as-pretty siblings, too. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49217760] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492178/49217760_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49270626] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492707/49270626_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49413027] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494131/49413027_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49554315] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495544/49554315_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49803112] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498032/49803112_350.png[/img] [/url]
Aaaah, @micahjaguar I have several that I couldn't bear to exhalt...! I am also not on FR as much lately for Life reasons, but here's what I have right now, and they're all on auction! They have some not-as-pretty siblings, too.

49217760_350.png

49270626_350.png

49413027_350.png

49554315_350.png

49803112_350.png
I'm an artist! I paint canvases and draw coloring pages! See my gallery: www.puffbird.net

Subscribe to my Patreon for monthly/weekly coloring pages, or just visit for the occasional freebies and monthly e-postcards!
@Issalyn *glares angrily at February* it can stay gone too. Crummy month.

Mouseover text on the tabs would be lovely, yes. I am sad that the if the full tab names is over 12 or so characters, the rest is not visible in some fashion unless you're editing the tab.

New apparel we will probably get, but sadly every new piece of apparel puts up farther away from getting a new breed. I'd love a new breed! I feel like we should ask for a Naked Dragon breed, that's like a spirit dragon and can't wear apparel, so we can get a new breed without them needing to redraw 50,000 pieces of apparel. :D

@KallyPaige Your poor baby. ;_; Sounds like he has the "author's very favorite chewtoy" problem.

Unrelated: thank you for spelling out your name in your sig, I have a hard time reading some of the characters in the font the forum link uses, so it's very convenient.

@paintminion Did you decide to keep your Runecatcher boy? I see he's off the AH.

I took a peek at your website! Goodness, you have a lot of unpublished works on your webpage. I only put one of my WIPs on my WIP page. :) Also, you have "Not Title yet" on some of them, which you probably want to be either "No title" or "Not titled".

@MeraHunt Yay inspiration! That sounds like a good plan, I like the mix of "building up a buffer" with "getting it posted so you can get some encouragement for it.

I don't think there is a formal definition of "prologue" versus "chapter one". I tend to think of a prologue as something markedly different from the rest of the book. For example, if you opened the Lord of the Rings with the story of Isildur taking the ring from Sauron: that's a prologue, because Isildur isn't an important character in the rest of the story but he's the protagonist in this scene. If you open a story with your characters becoming best friends when they meet in kindergarten, and the rest of the book takes place when they're in college, the kindergarten part is a prologue because it's separated by time from the rest of the book.

This said, there's a kneejerk bias against prologues among some readers (it is trendy to hate on prologues) so you might want to call it "Chapter One" regardless. YMMV.

@Egwu Yes! Deny Time's power! Break its hold over all of us!

Hee! I kind of feel like fodder is worth more than the food dragons eat, but I guess it is 15 days' worth of food for the adult dragons.

Coughs are not as bad as sore throats. Sore throats are the worst. x_x Happily, my sore throat stopped after the first 5 or 6 days.

... I do not know what dragons write fantasy about either. @_@

Oh no poor Crowley. *pats him* With a superpower like that I think I'd just pretend to be normal. Eeeeee.

@NightwindDragon Oh no rebooting and already you want to reboot your reboot. Eep. I end up writing down a good chunk about my characters and world before I start, in an effort to have enough information to write the actual book. (This doesn't work. I always end up writing a bunch of notes that I don't need, and also having to make up a bunch of stuff as I'm writing because I didn't make it up yet. But at least I tried!)

@Puffbird Good to hear from you! Ooh, that scales-baby fae is striking. She is BLOOD-DIPPED. *buys her*

~

I went to the coffee shop this morning in the hopes of motivating myself to write or do something, at least. So far, that "something at least" has been "posting to the DW chat". I guess that's something. :D

But I still have some coffee shop time left, so maybe I will work on some fiction or art or suchlike yet.
@Issalyn *glares angrily at February* it can stay gone too. Crummy month.

Mouseover text on the tabs would be lovely, yes. I am sad that the if the full tab names is over 12 or so characters, the rest is not visible in some fashion unless you're editing the tab.

New apparel we will probably get, but sadly every new piece of apparel puts up farther away from getting a new breed. I'd love a new breed! I feel like we should ask for a Naked Dragon breed, that's like a spirit dragon and can't wear apparel, so we can get a new breed without them needing to redraw 50,000 pieces of apparel. :D

@KallyPaige Your poor baby. ;_; Sounds like he has the "author's very favorite chewtoy" problem.

Unrelated: thank you for spelling out your name in your sig, I have a hard time reading some of the characters in the font the forum link uses, so it's very convenient.

@paintminion Did you decide to keep your Runecatcher boy? I see he's off the AH.

I took a peek at your website! Goodness, you have a lot of unpublished works on your webpage. I only put one of my WIPs on my WIP page. :) Also, you have "Not Title yet" on some of them, which you probably want to be either "No title" or "Not titled".

@MeraHunt Yay inspiration! That sounds like a good plan, I like the mix of "building up a buffer" with "getting it posted so you can get some encouragement for it.

I don't think there is a formal definition of "prologue" versus "chapter one". I tend to think of a prologue as something markedly different from the rest of the book. For example, if you opened the Lord of the Rings with the story of Isildur taking the ring from Sauron: that's a prologue, because Isildur isn't an important character in the rest of the story but he's the protagonist in this scene. If you open a story with your characters becoming best friends when they meet in kindergarten, and the rest of the book takes place when they're in college, the kindergarten part is a prologue because it's separated by time from the rest of the book.

This said, there's a kneejerk bias against prologues among some readers (it is trendy to hate on prologues) so you might want to call it "Chapter One" regardless. YMMV.

@Egwu Yes! Deny Time's power! Break its hold over all of us!

Hee! I kind of feel like fodder is worth more than the food dragons eat, but I guess it is 15 days' worth of food for the adult dragons.

Coughs are not as bad as sore throats. Sore throats are the worst. x_x Happily, my sore throat stopped after the first 5 or 6 days.

... I do not know what dragons write fantasy about either. @_@

Oh no poor Crowley. *pats him* With a superpower like that I think I'd just pretend to be normal. Eeeeee.

@NightwindDragon Oh no rebooting and already you want to reboot your reboot. Eep. I end up writing down a good chunk about my characters and world before I start, in an effort to have enough information to write the actual book. (This doesn't work. I always end up writing a bunch of notes that I don't need, and also having to make up a bunch of stuff as I'm writing because I didn't make it up yet. But at least I tried!)

@Puffbird Good to hear from you! Ooh, that scales-baby fae is striking. She is BLOOD-DIPPED. *buys her*

~

I went to the coffee shop this morning in the hopes of motivating myself to write or do something, at least. So far, that "something at least" has been "posting to the DW chat". I guess that's something. :D

But I still have some coffee shop time left, so maybe I will work on some fiction or art or suchlike yet.
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@LadyRowyn

That makes so much more sense! In high school I was told a prologue is a shirt first chapter intended to grab your reader, but we weren't taught it was a separation of time/plot. No wonder everyone told him he was wrong haha.

I'm hoping things go well cos I realised yesterday that my two previous chapter stories never took off was cos I didn't have an actual plot or timeline, just a vague sense of "I'd like my story to be this". That being said the one short story I had a timeline for I had to scrap the last half cos it went way over teacher's page requirements so it was rushed at the end haha
@LadyRowyn

That makes so much more sense! In high school I was told a prologue is a shirt first chapter intended to grab your reader, but we weren't taught it was a separation of time/plot. No wonder everyone told him he was wrong haha.

I'm hoping things go well cos I realised yesterday that my two previous chapter stories never took off was cos I didn't have an actual plot or timeline, just a vague sense of "I'd like my story to be this". That being said the one short story I had a timeline for I had to scrap the last half cos it went way over teacher's page requirements so it was rushed at the end haha
hANn2C0.gif
@LadyRowyn

None of the dragons sold, just have not been back to renew the AH. You want someone?

Also thanks for the catch!
@LadyRowyn

None of the dragons sold, just have not been back to renew the AH. You want someone?

Also thanks for the catch!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@LadyRowyn

probably. Him, his cousin Taymar and probably Grant could be considered that. it's fun for me.

Oh of course! I hate it when im on a forum game and i don't get pinged properly. :D
@LadyRowyn

probably. Him, his cousin Taymar and probably Grant could be considered that. it's fun for me.

Oh of course! I hate it when im on a forum game and i don't get pinged properly. :D
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
@KallyPaige
That awkward moment when you have this adorable small bab that you just wanna hug, love, and keep safe forever but then you make their life living death.

heheI totally don't speak from expeirience

But yeah........

I feel bad for all of my dragons 98% of their lore (for the three of the ones I have written lol) is sad/depressing.
@KallyPaige
That awkward moment when you have this adorable small bab that you just wanna hug, love, and keep safe forever but then you make their life living death.

heheI totally don't speak from expeirience

But yeah........

I feel bad for all of my dragons 98% of their lore (for the three of the ones I have written lol) is sad/depressing.
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
@LadyRowyn I wouldn't say rebooting the reboot? More like change the setting from historical fantasy to just fantasy and keep research to a minimum? Considering this idea spans millennium, it might be a multi-book series. Four? Maybe Five? I don't know, since it's really too early to tell.

I know I said it might be outside stuff that I'm trying to write, but who knows, it might end up in the story anyways. Again, this is really early in the game.
@LadyRowyn I wouldn't say rebooting the reboot? More like change the setting from historical fantasy to just fantasy and keep research to a minimum? Considering this idea spans millennium, it might be a multi-book series. Four? Maybe Five? I don't know, since it's really too early to tell.

I know I said it might be outside stuff that I'm trying to write, but who knows, it might end up in the story anyways. Again, this is really early in the game.
axOkNaR.png
ZNhRsiG.png
@Darkmoonbreeder

It's just... So fun tho.
@Darkmoonbreeder

It's just... So fun tho.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7