Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of March
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@merahunt Oooh, some of the dragons you have for sale are striking! Can I claim one or two? I can't decide between Mischief and Twinkle's two sons so maybe I should ask them both over. :D
@merahunt Oooh, some of the dragons you have for sale are striking! Can I claim one or two? I can't decide between Mischief and Twinkle's two sons so maybe I should ask them both over. :D
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@micahjaguar *looks for her favorite unsold dragons for you* This grandson of Filia & Shadowknight came out pretty: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49297273] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492973/49297273_350.png[/img] [/url] This is my favorite of today's babies: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49790110] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/497902/49790110_350.png[/img] [/url] Yay for ALL THE BOOKS! So many books. O_O @Darkmoonbreeder Re-discovering old stories you forgot about is great! <3 @Egwu TIME. How does it even. We just don't know. Wait you are constantly exalting dragons but you don't breed any of your own fodder? @_@ I'm using the hibernal den for exaltation storage too. I have some perma dragons there now, but 36 dragons leveled and waiting for Light's next push. Dom is gonna get WEIRD. SO MUCH STORAGE. The thing I want next for FR is the ability to search my own hoard by name on the Sell tab of the AH. -_- That's all. I've given up hope on ever getting organization tools. Just let me search by name. Yay for finishing plots! \o/ Do you have blurbs for them yet? @KallyPaige yes I would hug most of my characters tbh. Poor babies. *pats them* @CrystalPeacock *hasn't heard of SCP, actually* *looks it up* Sounds fun! I don't think I could help you with that, though. @MeraHunt oh gosh dat sparkle in your baby's wings goes so well with her primary. SPARKLY. ~ I was sick for all of February -- I still have the cough today, even. Why. I have been about 95% for the last two weeks, though; I am basically healthy, it's just that this cough won't ... quite ... go away. (Yes I have been to a doctor, no there is nothing they can do.) My partner's cancer is in "almost complete remission", which is nice. He is at the same stage of "almost but not quite over this cough" that I am. We're going to try to do the bone marrow transplant again, which neither of us is looking forward to, but we'll get through it. I am enjoying my new 20-hour work week schedule and money appears to be under control, so that's good. *remembers to go pay all her bills while she's thinking about money* So right after I posted last month that I hadn't figured out what to do with the lair tabs, I remembered that my dragons live in a library. And I have specifically said in bios that they live in rooms full of books, it's not like they have bedrooms separate from the rooms with the stacks. Nope, just shuffled the stacks around to make room for furniture in there. So I named my lair tabs after book sections and sorted dragons by their interests. I am reasonably happy with this. The "Parenting" tab has all my usual breeding pairs and is bigger than I want; I might break them down at some point. (I also put "new dragons that I bought to exalt" in the Parenting tab until they're old enough to train, when I remember to move them from Marketing.) Marketing has all the kids that are on the AH. The rest are just for fun. I kind of want to break up the Parenting and Marketing tabs so they're not so big, but eh. Good enough. In writing news, I finished initial edits on [i]The Princess, Her Prince, and Her Dragon[/i]. *\o/* It is in the hands of first readers now. I figure on starting final edits in April. Hopefully a month will be enough time to finish final edits. We'll see. I poked at [i]The Twilight Etherium [/i] but haven't started edits on it. And I started notes for [i]The Twin Etheriums[/i], a prequel set a couple hundred years before [i]The Moon Etherium[/i]. I am pretty sure that I mentioned my latest release, [url=https://books2read.com/frostanddesire]Frost and Desire,[/url] last month, but I'm still happy to have it out so I will mention it again. It's an M/M fantasy romance with a list of content notes longer than the rest of the blurb. [emoji=guardian laughing] Check it out! [url=https://books2read.com/frostanddesire][img]https://ladyrowyn.com/images/frostanddesire-med.png[/img][/url]
@micahjaguar

*looks for her favorite unsold dragons for you*

This grandson of Filia & Shadowknight came out pretty:

49297273_350.png

This is my favorite of today's babies:

49790110_350.png

Yay for ALL THE BOOKS! So many books. O_O

@Darkmoonbreeder Re-discovering old stories you forgot about is great! <3

@Egwu TIME. How does it even. We just don't know.

Wait you are constantly exalting dragons but you don't breed any of your own fodder? @_@

I'm using the hibernal den for exaltation storage too. I have some perma dragons there now, but 36 dragons leveled and waiting for Light's next push. Dom is gonna get WEIRD. SO MUCH STORAGE.

The thing I want next for FR is the ability to search my own hoard by name on the Sell tab of the AH. -_- That's all. I've given up hope on ever getting organization tools. Just let me search by name.

Yay for finishing plots! \o/ Do you have blurbs for them yet?

@KallyPaige yes I would hug most of my characters tbh. Poor babies. *pats them*

@CrystalPeacock *hasn't heard of SCP, actually* *looks it up* Sounds fun! I don't think I could help you with that, though.

@MeraHunt oh gosh dat sparkle in your baby's wings goes so well with her primary. SPARKLY.

~

I was sick for all of February -- I still have the cough today, even. Why. I have been about 95% for the last two weeks, though; I am basically healthy, it's just that this cough won't ... quite ... go away. (Yes I have been to a doctor, no there is nothing they can do.)

My partner's cancer is in "almost complete remission", which is nice. He is at the same stage of "almost but not quite over this cough" that I am. We're going to try to do the bone marrow transplant again, which neither of us is looking forward to, but we'll get through it. I am enjoying my new 20-hour work week schedule and money appears to be under control, so that's good. *remembers to go pay all her bills while she's thinking about money*

So right after I posted last month that I hadn't figured out what to do with the lair tabs, I remembered that my dragons live in a library. And I have specifically said in bios that they live in rooms full of books, it's not like they have bedrooms separate from the rooms with the stacks. Nope, just shuffled the stacks around to make room for furniture in there.

So I named my lair tabs after book sections and sorted dragons by their interests.

I am reasonably happy with this. The "Parenting" tab has all my usual breeding pairs and is bigger than I want; I might break them down at some point. (I also put "new dragons that I bought to exalt" in the Parenting tab until they're old enough to train, when I remember to move them from Marketing.) Marketing has all the kids that are on the AH. The rest are just for fun. I kind of want to break up the Parenting and Marketing tabs so they're not so big, but eh. Good enough.

In writing news, I finished initial edits on The Princess, Her Prince, and Her Dragon. *\o/* It is in the hands of first readers now. I figure on starting final edits in April. Hopefully a month will be enough time to finish final edits. We'll see. I poked at The Twilight Etherium but haven't started edits on it. And I started notes for The Twin Etheriums, a prequel set a couple hundred years before The Moon Etherium.

I am pretty sure that I mentioned my latest release, Frost and Desire, last month, but I'm still happy to have it out so I will mention it again. It's an M/M fantasy romance with a list of content notes longer than the rest of the blurb. Check it out! frostanddesire-med.png
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@micahjaguar

Yeah for sure! They're 20kt each, but if you want 2 u can sell them for 30kt together.
@micahjaguar

Yeah for sure! They're 20kt each, but if you want 2 u can sell them for 30kt together.
hANn2C0.gif
@Merahunt Will you take gems? I am treasure poor right now... if so, set up the CR and tell me how many. :D
@Merahunt Will you take gems? I am treasure poor right now... if so, set up the CR and tell me how many. :D
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2019-03-01 05:21:05" ] February... well, that was a thing! So, March! What are you all up to? Have you organized your lairs/dens yet? What do you think is the next big thing for the site? What about your writing progress? Share! [/quote] Are we suuuure February is over? This year is going by WAY too fast. I've been out of town visiting family for a couple months and just got home, so I haven't been as involved with anything creative (or work) for awhile. Trying to get back into some semblance of productive routine but it's slow going. I sort of, kind of, maybe have my lair somewhat organized. I'm waiting on unlocking more den slots to move some more of my non-breeding lore dragons over to the den and will probably rearrange categories a bit. Overall I like the new feature a LOT, mostly because it gives me more space, but it's taking a bit of getting used to. I really wish we could put a blurb in each tab or something that shows up above tabs so that it's easier to explain what each one is for. (Which I only really care about since I have some split up for lore reasons that you'd only see if you went to the dragon pages.) Next big thing? I dunno... I think we're kind of overdue for a new breed, so that's what I'm hoping we'll see soon. Also beastiary improvements. Please, please, please!!! I'm also always up for new apparel, especially anything that relates to "professions" such as books, swords, explorer's gear, wands , etc. I know that's not a [i]big[/i] thing, but I can never have enough apparel variety!
micahjaguar wrote on 2019-03-01 05:21:05:
February... well, that was a thing! So, March! What are you all up to? Have you organized your lairs/dens yet? What do you think is the next big thing for the site? What about your writing progress? Share!

Are we suuuure February is over? This year is going by WAY too fast. I've been out of town visiting family for a couple months and just got home, so I haven't been as involved with anything creative (or work) for awhile. Trying to get back into some semblance of productive routine but it's slow going.

I sort of, kind of, maybe have my lair somewhat organized. I'm waiting on unlocking more den slots to move some more of my non-breeding lore dragons over to the den and will probably rearrange categories a bit. Overall I like the new feature a LOT, mostly because it gives me more space, but it's taking a bit of getting used to. I really wish we could put a blurb in each tab or something that shows up above tabs so that it's easier to explain what each one is for. (Which I only really care about since I have some split up for lore reasons that you'd only see if you went to the dragon pages.)

Next big thing? I dunno... I think we're kind of overdue for a new breed, so that's what I'm hoping we'll see soon. Also beastiary improvements. Please, please, please!!! I'm also always up for new apparel, especially anything that relates to "professions" such as books, swords, explorer's gear, wands , etc. I know that's not a big thing, but I can never have enough apparel variety!
PS - I have a few babies for sale in my 'Sales' tab. :D
PS - I have a few babies for sale in my 'Sales' tab. :D
@LadyRowyn

my son deserves better. my son's ex-betrothed hates him. my son's best friend got JACKED by said ex-betrothed. My son is STUCK IN A WAR HE DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS. HE JUST WANTED TO ENJOY SOME R&R. *sob*
@LadyRowyn

my son deserves better. my son's ex-betrothed hates him. my son's best friend got JACKED by said ex-betrothed. My son is STUCK IN A WAR HE DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS. HE JUST WANTED TO ENJOY SOME R&R. *sob*
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
@micahjaguar Yep, February was a thing and it's gone now. March forward! Babies eh? I love this dude, but can't keep him. The dark blue and gray are just yummy to me. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47762976] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/477630/47762976_350.png[/img] [/url] His brother and sister are up in the AH too, they're Runecatcher subspecies but didn;t turn out as pretty I think. More browns on browns I DID nab this cutie - going to either keep her for myself, or she's going to be the host/grand prize of the poetry competition for MistJam. I want to do her up in Peacock gene! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41117847] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411179/41117847_350.png[/img] [/url] kk, for myself before I get to all the rest of the posts: My website is kicking it up a notch as I head into my very first convention as a panelist! Geneva Steam Convention is next weekend! I am both terrified and excited. Am I allowed to list the website? I need help with checking it out and what have a missed and although it's basic now, it's gonna get better as I learn more. I hope. [url=http://susanwachowski.com]Here's the link[/url] if anyone wants to see. I had to learn how to wordpress better, bought the domain, incorporate email mailchimp list stuff and email addresses for me to get mail to and from (whoa was that easier and cheaper than I thought - free!), and just...wow, all the things. Biz cards - almost ready, panels confirmed, bio written for me...gah. It's been a whirlwind this week. SO that's where I sit - edits edits edits and that stuff. And then I joined an Anthology group, my submission is due Saturday. (blink blink) I got this. kk, gimme room to get a drink and I can read the rest of where everyone is at and see if any of these babies look good enough to snatch!
@micahjaguar

Yep, February was a thing and it's gone now. March forward!

Babies eh?

I love this dude, but can't keep him. The dark blue and gray are just yummy to me.

47762976_350.png

His brother and sister are up in the AH too, they're Runecatcher subspecies but didn;t turn out as pretty I think. More browns on browns

I DID nab this cutie - going to either keep her for myself, or she's going to be the host/grand prize of the poetry competition for MistJam. I want to do her up in Peacock gene!

41117847_350.png

kk, for myself before I get to all the rest of the posts:

My website is kicking it up a notch as I head into my very first convention as a panelist! Geneva Steam Convention is next weekend! I am both terrified and excited. Am I allowed to list the website? I need help with checking it out and what have a missed and although it's basic now, it's gonna get better as I learn more. I hope. Here's the link if anyone wants to see.

I had to learn how to wordpress better, bought the domain, incorporate email mailchimp list stuff and email addresses for me to get mail to and from (whoa was that easier and cheaper than I thought - free!), and just...wow, all the things.

Biz cards - almost ready, panels confirmed, bio written for me...gah. It's been a whirlwind this week.

SO that's where I sit - edits edits edits and that stuff. And then I joined an Anthology group, my submission is due Saturday. (blink blink) I got this.

kk, gimme room to get a drink and I can read the rest of where everyone is at and see if any of these babies look good enough to snatch!

An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
So new resolution. I just got bit by the inspiration bug hard and I can't stop thinking about a Harry Potter fic I wanna write now. I will attempt to write 5-10 chapters after planning out how I want arcs to go. I already have a basis for the beginning, but since I am at work I am unable to actually start writing.

So! New plan as follows:
  1. Plot out whole story line
  2. Attempt to write 5-10 chapters
  3. If goes well post first chap (or prologue I don't really know the difference tbh) on fanfiction.net and Ao3
  4. Hopefully finish
  5. If step 2 does not pan out post as challenge for other writers to try
So new resolution. I just got bit by the inspiration bug hard and I can't stop thinking about a Harry Potter fic I wanna write now. I will attempt to write 5-10 chapters after planning out how I want arcs to go. I already have a basis for the beginning, but since I am at work I am unable to actually start writing.

So! New plan as follows:
  1. Plot out whole story line
  2. Attempt to write 5-10 chapters
  3. If goes well post first chap (or prologue I don't really know the difference tbh) on fanfiction.net and Ao3
  4. Hopefully finish
  5. If step 2 does not pan out post as challenge for other writers to try
hANn2C0.gif
@Darkmoonbreeder
That actually sounds great. Lots of drama and intrigue. I just added it to my wattpad reading list :D

@KallyPaige
Your poor character! That sounds like you're having some fun with his history though. He sounds like he's got some rough times there, indeed.

@CrystalPeacock
As with LadyRowyn, I hadn't heard of it, either. Good luck, though!

@MeraHunt
I'm sorry that you're experiencing burn out. That's never fun. I hope that it passes soon! And that's a nice purple circle you have there :D

Good luck with the Harry Potter fanfic! Those are always fun.

@EmpressSectonia
Ooh, that's a neat bio! I like it.
You're certainly putting a lot of thought into your lore~

@LadyRowyn
I'm still in denial that time is a thing that exists.

And yep! I don't like having to stare at adult dragons that are sitting there useless just eating all my food. If I want a week off fodder I'll fill up with hatchlings and wait for them to grow up, and train dragons to 25 to sell in the mean time, but that's about it.

Oh yeah, new search functions and hoard organisation would be great. I knew I was forgetting something!

I have a blurb for the Gothic Fantasy and a rough synopsis for the Angels and Demons one haha. I'll include the blurb below ^-^

I'm sorry that you've been sick. That's no fun at all! I hope that stupid cough leaves you alone soon. Coughs are always the worst, I swear. I'm happy to hear that about your partner though, that's great news! Things sound like they're going pretty decently for you, overall~

Ooh? Library tabs sounds like a really fun idea! -looks- There's no fantasy tab, though! ... I wonder what fantasy would be for dragons? -thinks- Now there's an interesting idea!

And that book sounds awesome, as usual. I swear one day I'm going to have money again and actually be able to buy all of your and micah's books! I want to read them ALL.

@Issalyn
I'm not sure February is over, either. What even is this year? Haha
I hope you can get into a routine soon! It always makes writing easier when it's a habit to do so~

A blurb for each tab would actually be really cool. It'd be nice if the site included some more lore related stuff like that. New breed too, yes. Definitely overdue for one of those!

@paintminion
What a cute tundra! Moon is one of my favourite colours, honestly.

You sound like you've been really busy with all the writing-related stuff. Go you, that's great work. All the productivity! -cheers you on- Your website is looking good so far! Nice and easy to navigate with everything clearly laid out.

Blurb for my new Gothic Fantasy story below~

There are 3 rules that every Luck Castor must adhere to:
1. For every 3 acts of bad luck you must perform an act of good luck
2. For every act of good luck, you will take the equal bad luck counter upon yourself
3. You must never manipulate luck for your own gain

Crowley Wintertowne is a Luck Castor, a group of people who are able to manipulate the luck of others, usually for the worse. At one time the Castors were tolerated - if barely - among the Hidden City, then the selfish act of one young boy destroyed his village, wiping out everyone and everything he had known, and what little faith the hidden races had in his people.

Now the last of his kind, Crowley is an outcast, with only a young gargoyle as a companion. He is forced to gamble and trick mortals out of their coin so that he can feed himself and his friend, struggling to survive day to day by using dangerous magic that is more likely to backfire on him than help.

About ready to give up hope, Crowley reaches out one last time to anyone who might offer him honest employment, and receives a response from the most unlikely source. Paired up with a powerful Witch and a grumpy Goblin, Crowley must now embark on a quest with his new companions to relieve a black cat of its curse, or watch it consume the lives of innocents. Somehow, he has been given a burden of responsibility that he’s not sure he is ready for, but must now overcome if he wishes to live freely again…

@Darkmoonbreeder
That actually sounds great. Lots of drama and intrigue. I just added it to my wattpad reading list :D

@KallyPaige
Your poor character! That sounds like you're having some fun with his history though. He sounds like he's got some rough times there, indeed.

@CrystalPeacock
As with LadyRowyn, I hadn't heard of it, either. Good luck, though!

@MeraHunt
I'm sorry that you're experiencing burn out. That's never fun. I hope that it passes soon! And that's a nice purple circle you have there :D

Good luck with the Harry Potter fanfic! Those are always fun.

@EmpressSectonia
Ooh, that's a neat bio! I like it.
You're certainly putting a lot of thought into your lore~

@LadyRowyn
I'm still in denial that time is a thing that exists.

And yep! I don't like having to stare at adult dragons that are sitting there useless just eating all my food. If I want a week off fodder I'll fill up with hatchlings and wait for them to grow up, and train dragons to 25 to sell in the mean time, but that's about it.

Oh yeah, new search functions and hoard organisation would be great. I knew I was forgetting something!

I have a blurb for the Gothic Fantasy and a rough synopsis for the Angels and Demons one haha. I'll include the blurb below ^-^

I'm sorry that you've been sick. That's no fun at all! I hope that stupid cough leaves you alone soon. Coughs are always the worst, I swear. I'm happy to hear that about your partner though, that's great news! Things sound like they're going pretty decently for you, overall~

Ooh? Library tabs sounds like a really fun idea! -looks- There's no fantasy tab, though! ... I wonder what fantasy would be for dragons? -thinks- Now there's an interesting idea!

And that book sounds awesome, as usual. I swear one day I'm going to have money again and actually be able to buy all of your and micah's books! I want to read them ALL.

@Issalyn
I'm not sure February is over, either. What even is this year? Haha
I hope you can get into a routine soon! It always makes writing easier when it's a habit to do so~

A blurb for each tab would actually be really cool. It'd be nice if the site included some more lore related stuff like that. New breed too, yes. Definitely overdue for one of those!

@paintminion
What a cute tundra! Moon is one of my favourite colours, honestly.

You sound like you've been really busy with all the writing-related stuff. Go you, that's great work. All the productivity! -cheers you on- Your website is looking good so far! Nice and easy to navigate with everything clearly laid out.

Blurb for my new Gothic Fantasy story below~

There are 3 rules that every Luck Castor must adhere to:
1. For every 3 acts of bad luck you must perform an act of good luck
2. For every act of good luck, you will take the equal bad luck counter upon yourself
3. You must never manipulate luck for your own gain

Crowley Wintertowne is a Luck Castor, a group of people who are able to manipulate the luck of others, usually for the worse. At one time the Castors were tolerated - if barely - among the Hidden City, then the selfish act of one young boy destroyed his village, wiping out everyone and everything he had known, and what little faith the hidden races had in his people.

Now the last of his kind, Crowley is an outcast, with only a young gargoyle as a companion. He is forced to gamble and trick mortals out of their coin so that he can feed himself and his friend, struggling to survive day to day by using dangerous magic that is more likely to backfire on him than help.

About ready to give up hope, Crowley reaches out one last time to anyone who might offer him honest employment, and receives a response from the most unlikely source. Paired up with a powerful Witch and a grumpy Goblin, Crowley must now embark on a quest with his new companions to relieve a black cat of its curse, or watch it consume the lives of innocents. Somehow, he has been given a burden of responsibility that he’s not sure he is ready for, but must now overcome if he wishes to live freely again…

DmRdZYl.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7