Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MistJam] 2019 Poetry Contest WINNERS!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23
"There's the pavilion," chirped one of the Fae, "Now, you have to go there, register, get your security badge, write your poetry, hand it in, and then..." Ryuto, of The Fae Players paused. "It gets judged." The nervous Skydancer known among The Scribes of The Descant Chimes as Onibi, Scribe of Poetry, waited. Ryuto did not continue. "And then?" Onibi ventured. Ryuto flicked his tail-tip dismissively. "That's it." he said. "Oh..." Onibi sighed. "I just thought.. well, now that I've seen it, maybe it's better to just... go home? I mean, err... it's just... a lot to take in..." He trailed off, lamely. The circle of Fae stared at him blankly. Ryuto drooped his ears to the angle Onibi knew was an exasperated sigh. "Onibi. My dear, misguided, anxious friend. We've known each other for quite awhile, yes, since hatchlings. You know that I tell the truth to you now, you being a Skydancer. No one in the entirety of Sornith knows more poetry, and more about poetry, than you do. This is fact." Ryuto flicked his ears in a smirk, "This is my encouragement." he said, his typical wry jest on Fae communique. Onibi gave a gentle smile back. "As usual, you are completely right." Onibi glanced at the friendly dragon stationed at the pavilion."Completely right..." he murmured. One of the smaller Fae sidled up to him, and handed him a Heatherbed Lily. "For Luck," said the Fae Players as one. Onibi accepted it gently, and started towards the pavilion. "Lilies," he thought happily, "for purity, sympathy, prosperity, humility... and friendship." i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] AlchemyFox [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 452671 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Onibi [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49989700 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49989700] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499898/49989700_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Friendship Everlasting [b]Entry: [/b] Arborvitae grows, onward, upward, evergreen. A true friend grows you.
"There's the pavilion," chirped one of the Fae, "Now, you have to go there, register, get your security badge, write your poetry, hand it in, and then..." Ryuto, of The Fae Players paused. "It gets judged." The nervous Skydancer known among The Scribes of The Descant Chimes as Onibi, Scribe of Poetry, waited. Ryuto did not continue. "And then?" Onibi ventured. Ryuto flicked his tail-tip dismissively. "That's it." he said. "Oh..." Onibi sighed. "I just thought.. well, now that I've seen it, maybe it's better to just... go home? I mean, err... it's just... a lot to take in..." He trailed off, lamely. The circle of Fae stared at him blankly. Ryuto drooped his ears to the angle Onibi knew was an exasperated sigh. "Onibi. My dear, misguided, anxious friend. We've known each other for quite awhile, yes, since hatchlings. You know that I tell the truth to you now, you being a Skydancer. No one in the entirety of Sornith knows more poetry, and more about poetry, than you do. This is fact." Ryuto flicked his ears in a smirk, "This is my encouragement." he said, his typical wry jest on Fae communique. Onibi gave a gentle smile back. "As usual, you are completely right." Onibi glanced at the friendly dragon stationed at the pavilion."Completely right..." he murmured. One of the smaller Fae sidled up to him, and handed him a Heatherbed Lily. "For Luck," said the Fae Players as one. Onibi accepted it gently, and started towards the pavilion. "Lilies," he thought happily, "for purity, sympathy, prosperity, humility... and friendship."

i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i]

FR Player Name: AlchemyFox
FR Player ID#: 452671
Dragon Poet's Name: Onibi
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49989700

Dragon Poet Image:

49989700_350.png

Entry Category: Friendship Haiku
Entry Title: Friendship Everlasting

Entry:
Arborvitae grows,
onward, upward, evergreen.
A true friend grows you.
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Abigail was wrapped around the leg of the poetry desk, smiling up at the skydancer and fae that surrounded him. "Entry please," she said, her voice soft for a spiral, as he handed her his entry. Looking down at her list, she checked it off to make sure it met the requirements and nodded to herself. "You're um all set. Don't forget your security badge, or they won't let you in the poetry tent. Best of luck to you!"
@AlchemyFox

Abigail was wrapped around the leg of the poetry desk, smiling up at the skydancer and fae that surrounded him. "Entry please," she said, her voice soft for a spiral, as he handed her his entry. Looking down at her list, she checked it off to make sure it met the requirements and nodded to herself. "You're um all set. Don't forget your security badge, or they won't let you in the poetry tent. Best of luck to you!"
qVhWRny.png
From the moment Jiyi had submitted her poem, she wished she hadn’t done it. She wasn’t scared of what was going to happen, or scared at all. She just wanted some alone time to spend writing by candlelight. Her poems didn’t need to be public. Meh, whatever. She couldn’t really fix it. Some random stranger would have her poem now, but it wasn’t that important. Jiyi would rather be alone than surrounded by the applause of her clanmates. She closed her eyes and blocked out the noise. [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] starsX [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 446470 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Jiyi [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 47102576 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47102576] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471026/47102576_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Season’s POV [b]Entry Title:[/b] autumn teardrops. [b]Entry: [/b] Gentle teardrops of autumn rain fell on Summer’s face. Her eyes flickered open, and she looked around. The sun had long since faded away, and she was left with something. She couldn’t explain the way it felt to her, But it was dark and cold. It was beautiful, but not her kind of beautiful. The landscape before her looked barely real, like some kind of mural painted to cover up a blank and empty wall. But of course, behind the mural, there was a wall and nothing more. As Summer drifted into the world she’d worked so hard to create, she saw an empty shell of what it used to be. Everything was dead. The colors were all that remained. Her harmony was gone. Summer listened into the trees for the song of happiness. She didn’t hear it, but she heard something. This song was new, one she hadn’t heard before. It was a chillingly quiet, eerily calm calm song that echoed among the trees... and Summer found herself intoxicated. “The whispers of agony here in the cold Are all that you hear when you try to be bold The sound of this music has made you lose trust And yet, there’s a hopefulness down in the dust. The sadness you feel when you look at this place And see no remainder of all that you made What you don’t understand is that all that you miss This world is your torture and yet, it’s our bliss. And one day you’ll understand our melody You’ll understand how beautiful it can be. You may not believe in the things we can do But everything shows that we’ll all make it through. So treasure the seasons you don’t think belong Remember this place, and remember this song.” An endless silence followed. Summer looked away from her empty shell. She felt herself losing strength, lying on the ground, missing her old life. In her last moments, Summer smiled. She didn’t know why. But, it was surely better to at least pretend to be happy if it was her last moment. In fact, she would have cried. but the sky was doing it for her. Ahh, I hope I did this right! This is my first time so if I screwed up I’m sorry, please let me know.
From the moment Jiyi had submitted her poem, she wished she hadn’t done it.
She wasn’t scared of what was going to happen, or scared at all.
She just wanted some alone time to spend writing by candlelight. Her poems didn’t need to be public.
Meh, whatever. She couldn’t really fix it. Some random stranger would have her poem now, but it wasn’t that important.
Jiyi would rather be alone than surrounded by the applause of her clanmates.
She closed her eyes and blocked out the noise.

Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer.
Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: starsX
FR Player ID#: 446470
Dragon Poet's Name: Jiyi
Dragon Poet's ID#: 47102576

Dragon Poet Image:

47102576_350.png

Entry Category: The Season’s POV
Entry Title: autumn teardrops.

Entry:

Gentle teardrops of autumn rain fell on Summer’s face.
Her eyes flickered open, and she looked around.
The sun had long since faded away,
and she was left with something.
She couldn’t explain the way it felt to her,
But it was dark and cold.
It was beautiful, but not her kind of beautiful.
The landscape before her looked barely real,
like some kind of mural painted to cover up a blank and empty wall.
But of course,
behind the mural, there was a wall and nothing more.
As Summer drifted into the world she’d worked so hard to create,
she saw an empty shell of what it used to be.
Everything was dead. The colors were all that remained.
Her harmony was gone.
Summer listened into the trees for the song of happiness.
She didn’t hear it, but she heard something.
This song was new, one she hadn’t heard before.
It was a chillingly quiet,
eerily calm calm song that echoed among the trees...
and Summer found herself intoxicated.
“The whispers of agony here in the cold
Are all that you hear when you try to be bold
The sound of this music has made you lose trust
And yet, there’s a hopefulness down in the dust.
The sadness you feel when you look at this place
And see no remainder of all that you made
What you don’t understand is that all that you miss
This world is your torture and yet, it’s our bliss.
And one day you’ll understand our melody
You’ll understand how beautiful it can be.
You may not believe in the things we can do
But everything shows that we’ll all make it through.
So treasure the seasons you don’t think belong
Remember this place, and remember this song.”
An endless silence followed.
Summer looked away from her empty shell.
She felt herself losing strength, lying on the ground,
missing her old life.
In her last moments, Summer smiled.
She didn’t know why.
But,
it was surely better to at least pretend to be happy
if it was her last moment.
In fact, she would have cried.
but the sky was doing it for her.

Ahh, I hope I did this right! This is my first time so if I screwed up I’m sorry, please let me know.

Windruffles grabs the entry from the spiral at the registration desk once the spiral has added it to the judging list, and adds it to the public list outside the tent. "Heading off for a chai, Abigail. Be back in a bit!"

And entries added to Entries post up to this post.

kk, Well up to AlchemyFox
Windruffles grabs the entry from the spiral at the registration desk once the spiral has added it to the judging list, and adds it to the public list outside the tent. "Heading off for a chai, Abigail. Be back in a bit!"

And entries added to Entries post up to this post.

kk, Well up to AlchemyFox
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
Abigail glanced back and waved her tail in recognition to Windruffles. Feeling the need to move, she flew over and wrapped herself around the opposite table leg before helping the next entrant.

@starsX

After taking her poem, she looked down her list and started checking things off. "Everything is in complete order! Just don't forget your security badge, and you should be good to go." She looked up at Jiyi before she flew away, sensing a nervousness not unlike her own. "Your poem is in good hands, and even if you don't win, it's all for the fun of it." She offered her what she hoped was a comforting smile.

You entered everything correctly, no worries! Good luck!
Abigail glanced back and waved her tail in recognition to Windruffles. Feeling the need to move, she flew over and wrapped herself around the opposite table leg before helping the next entrant.

@starsX

After taking her poem, she looked down her list and started checking things off. "Everything is in complete order! Just don't forget your security badge, and you should be good to go." She looked up at Jiyi before she flew away, sensing a nervousness not unlike her own. "Your poem is in good hands, and even if you don't win, it's all for the fun of it." She offered her what she hoped was a comforting smile.

You entered everything correctly, no worries! Good luck!
qVhWRny.png
Onibi thought of Autumn and Spring, Spring and Autumn... Two sides of the same coin, one leading to the other, and always changing, but always balanced. He smiled, and started writing... [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] AlchemyFox [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 452671 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Onibi [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 49989700 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49989700] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499898/49989700_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Harmony Intertwined [b]Entry: [/b] In the Winter's predawn hour, that sacrosanct time for dreaming, I awaken from my frozen bower... to dream anew, afresh! Where once, the world renounced my flesh, the Spring caresses me all-redeeming. How transcendent! The earth beneath my feet brings life to the surface, nurturing and nourishing. The trees reach towards the sun, growing and flourishing. I stand in awe of flower and leaf, in tune with nature's beat. In time, both flower and leaf evolve to different design, growth to harvest, flower to fruit, green to red Though some find the change fills them with dread, This season is no less divine! At Summer's dusk, I walk beneath a honeyed harvest moon, a feast of scents imbues the air, a bacchanal of riches beyond compare! The fruits of earth and tree, nature's final boon. Where Spring restores the soul, I recognized, Autumn's bounty, is to body, just as rejuvenating. For lo, they are entwined, in fact reverberating! And I, for one, am mesmerized...
Onibi thought of Autumn and Spring, Spring and Autumn... Two sides of the same coin, one leading to the other, and always changing, but always balanced. He smiled, and started writing...

FR Player Name: AlchemyFox
FR Player ID#: 452671
Dragon Poet's Name: Onibi
Dragon Poet's ID#: 49989700
Dragon Poet Image:

49989700_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: Harmony Intertwined

Entry:
In the Winter's predawn hour, that sacrosanct time for dreaming,
I awaken from my frozen bower... to dream anew, afresh!
Where once, the world renounced my flesh,
the Spring caresses me all-redeeming.
How transcendent! The earth beneath my feet
brings life to the surface, nurturing and nourishing.
The trees reach towards the sun, growing and flourishing.
I stand in awe of flower and leaf, in tune with nature's beat.

In time, both flower and leaf evolve to different design,
growth to harvest, flower to fruit, green to red
Though some find the change fills them with dread,
This season is no less divine!
At Summer's dusk, I walk beneath a honeyed harvest moon,
a feast of scents imbues the air,
a bacchanal of riches beyond compare!
The fruits of earth and tree, nature's final boon.

Where Spring restores the soul, I recognized,
Autumn's bounty, is to body, just as rejuvenating.
For lo, they are entwined, in fact reverberating!
And I, for one, am mesmerized...

tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Abigail smiled as the Onibi handed her his entry, happy to see a familiar face returning to submit yet another entry. She looked down at it, making sure it met all the requirements, and nodded. "You're all set! You can add this poem to your security badge." She looked back up at him. "I hope to see you back for more categories, but if not that's quite alright." She smiled softly at him again.
@AlchemyFox

Abigail smiled as the Onibi handed her his entry, happy to see a familiar face returning to submit yet another entry. She looked down at it, making sure it met all the requirements, and nodded. "You're all set! You can add this poem to your security badge." She looked back up at him. "I hope to see you back for more categories, but if not that's quite alright." She smiled softly at him again.
qVhWRny.png
Melreyna picked up the piece of parchment she'd used for working on a haiku, and reread the result. The Mirror smiled. By the light of the dawn of another day of celebrations, it seemed more satifying than it had when the draft had first been completed several days before. Melreyna sharpened her quill. It wouldn't be long before the piece was shared. [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Stanzascale[b] FR Player ID#:[/b] 81 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Melreyna [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 344 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=344] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4/344_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Home is Camaraderie [b]Entry: [/b] Hands clasped; laughter free no tension or restraint here To trust, to be home
Melreyna picked up the piece of parchment she'd used for working on a haiku, and reread the result. The Mirror smiled. By the light of the dawn of another day of celebrations, it seemed more satifying than it had when the draft had first been completed several days before.
Melreyna sharpened her quill. It wouldn't be long before the piece was shared.

Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: Stanzascale
FR Player ID#:
Dragon Poet's Name: Melreyna
Dragon Poet's ID#: 344
Dragon Poet Image:

344_350.png

Entry Title: Home is Camaraderie
Entry:

Hands clasped; laughter free
no tension or restraint here
To trust, to be home
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @s0leil @Paintminion @Milohilay @BrookInTheMeadow [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Cheshly [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 322302 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Breeze [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 35050374 [b]Dragon Poet Image: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35050374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/350504/35050374_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Friendship Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] Balance [b]Entry: [/b] Friends can change your life they can do so much for you just do for them too

FR Player Name: Cheshly
FR Player ID#: 322302
Dragon Poet's Name: Breeze
Dragon Poet's ID#: 35050374

Dragon Poet Image:

35050374_350.png

Entry Title: Balance

Entry:
Friends can change your life
they can do so much for you
just do for them too

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Ah shoot, I don't have time to finish! If it's okay, I'm going to leave the WIP and ping [i]myself[/i], then when it's finished, I'll ping you (since at that point it'll be "edited", albeit in the sense I'll hopefully have wrapped it up!) @Oranitha [i]Ping Ping Ping goes the bell. Waiting for someone to answer. Judges: @/s0leil @/Paintminion @/Milohilay @/BrookInTheMeadow[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Oranitha [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 160660 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Sapling [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 13512200 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13512200] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/135123/13512200_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Autumn and Spring [b]Entry Title:[/b] Love Letters [b]Entry: [/b] There span two mighty ranges, granite teeth that chew the sky. Summer’s hot and treacherous as Winter’s cold and dry. Each one spans a season (an impassable divide) yet they tell of two true-lovers, each one trapped to either side. [first exchange: the two yelling general lonely things] [Spring, excited, sets a challenge] Do you find your soul is bared between the blooming field and fen? Can you echo me my dearest, will you echo to the end? And the echo-echo-echo went resounding through the heights ‘til it it rested, soft and fragile, in the Autumn’s waning light as its partner still was dawning in the coming summer sun. Ever sundered, Autumn wondered if this might be the one. Oh the final blooms were dropping and the field was glowing gold; the ferny fen was breezy-bronze, the leaves were bright and bold. Fall’s answer came a-boundin’ in the warming harvest moon: I echo you, my dearest, and I’m sure I’ll find you soon! [passage of time, sharing what they love most about their regionselves] And so the desperate lovers tried to pass the grand impasse. First in Summer then in Winter, scorching haze or frigid glass. But though love may steel and warm us, make us soft and make us tough-- though they made an awful headway--it was never quite enough. When you taste the wind of Winter or you test the Summer storm and for just a fleeting moment smell the rosebuds as they form, or you swear you hear the scattering of leaves across the ground, these are their love letters: always treasured, always found.
Ah shoot, I don't have time to finish! If it's okay, I'm going to leave the WIP and ping myself, then when it's finished, I'll ping you (since at that point it'll be "edited", albeit in the sense I'll hopefully have wrapped it up!) @Oranitha

Judges: @/s0leil @/Paintminion @/Milohilay @/BrookInTheMeadow

FR Player Name: Oranitha
FR Player ID#: 160660
Dragon Poet's Name: Sapling
Dragon Poet's ID#: 13512200

13512200_350.png

Entry Category: Autumn and Spring
Entry Title: Love Letters

Entry:

There span two mighty ranges, granite teeth that chew the sky.
Summer’s hot and treacherous as Winter’s cold and dry.
Each one spans a season (an impassable divide)
yet they tell of two true-lovers, each one trapped to either side.

[first exchange: the two yelling general lonely things]

[Spring, excited, sets a challenge]
Do you find your soul is bared between the blooming field and fen?
Can you echo me my dearest, will you echo to the end?

And the echo-echo-echo went resounding through the heights
‘til it it rested, soft and fragile, in the Autumn’s waning light
as its partner still was dawning in the coming summer sun.
Ever sundered, Autumn wondered if this might be the one.

Oh the final blooms were dropping and the field was glowing gold;
the ferny fen was breezy-bronze, the leaves were bright and bold.
Fall’s answer came a-boundin’ in the warming harvest moon:
I echo you, my dearest, and I’m sure I’ll find you soon!

[passage of time, sharing what they love most about their regionselves]

And so the desperate lovers tried to pass the grand impasse.
First in Summer then in Winter, scorching haze or frigid glass.
But though love may steel and warm us, make us soft and make us tough--
though they made an awful headway--it was never quite enough.

When you taste the wind of Winter or you test the Summer storm
and for just a fleeting moment smell the rosebuds as they form,
or you swear you hear the scattering of leaves across the ground,
these are their love letters: always treasured, always found.
cL9yafY.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23